Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2005, 08:24 AM   #681
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
hemorrhoidal cave troll
Thenamir, the wait was worth it for the above image alone...
Old 01-23-2005, 07:51 AM   #682
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Kuru, that was a fantabulous post! I wish I had time to comment in detail, but unfortunately I am away from home this week with only limited internet access.

Diamond, would this be a good time to get the Velour King and Queen onto the scene?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-23-2005, 03:08 PM   #683
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Gnawing the ends of old plots...

Quote:
"Can you summon Sasser back?" she asked. Gateskeeper took the Cell-antir and fiddled with it for a moment. Then he shook his head. "I have never seen such a thing before," he said. "It is beyond my power to call back the wyrm."

"If not you, then who?" asked Kuruharan, who was busily dodging the hot tears which were falling around him. A whistle sounded from the Cell-antir. Grrralph took the device and looked into it again. Mystic runes were superimposed over Sasser's sorrowful face. They read, "THE VELOUR, YOU IDIOTS!"
Just a reminder that there are some other subplots that need attention wne/if we ever get the audience with the Velour...
Old 01-27-2005, 05:34 AM   #684
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Diamond, would this be a good time to get the Velour King and Queen onto the scene?
Um, er, yes! It's a very good time, to show them eating lunch. I will try to get that up by this weekend. I won't bother with a save but I do rather like the segue as it stands.

The Ever Lovin' Guitar Strap of Manuël Sántana, finally gets to make its debut!

Last edited by Diamond18; 01-27-2005 at 05:39 AM. Reason: added special little mark to Sántana. I'm that dedicated.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:29 PM   #685
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

The Ever Lovin' Guitar Strap:

My post has been made.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:44 PM   #686
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

In the name of all that is dastardly and villainous, what is that?!!?

Oh me, oh my. So that is what has become of my brother.

I told him not to keep on playing that kind of Muzak ...

Good to see him and that wife of his finally make an appearance, though.

Diamond, you do realise that "Fanny" interprets differently over this side of the Atlantic ...?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:48 PM   #687
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Diamond, you do realise that "Fanny" interprets differently over this side of the Atlantic ...?
I had not, until you said that and I went to look it up. I have decided no to worry, though, as just about everything these days seems to translate to something much dirtier over on your side of the atlantic.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:11 PM   #688
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
... as just about everything these days seems to translate to something much dirtier over on your side of the atlantic
Unfair! To me, an *** is just a noble beast of burden.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:00 AM   #689
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Fans and fannies and posteriors, o my! To say nothing of Seven Dancing Dwarves (seven maids a-milking, eight swans a-swimming, nine...), and an impressive and highly amusing set of names for those two Velour - well done, Diamond! I've posted the beginning of the Itship's audience with the Velour, setting it up for each of you to be able to give your character(s)'(s) opinion on the matter. The pitch is: "Council of Elrond goes to Valleyum". Post away at will!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 02-07-2005, 11:28 PM   #690
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I found myself unable to resist doing that.

Any similarity to the politics of any entities that may or may not exist on the west coast of the United States is purely coincidental (maybe).
Old 02-08-2005, 07:03 AM   #691
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Save should be filled within the day from now! Like Tony Blair hurdling electoral promises, I am racing towards the finishing line.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #692
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Save duly filled in. Couldn't help but expand on Kuru's theme a little. And UK children's literature wouldn't be the same without Aunt Fanny of Famous Five fame...
Old 02-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #693
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ugh! *gasp *choke

That last line! My eyes are bleeding!
Old 02-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #694
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Wonderful posts, both Kuru and Rim! I laughed my way through both of them, though it's too late and I'm too tired to do more than praise them with great praise for now...
Old 02-11-2005, 11:14 AM   #695
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yet another fantastic post by Saucy! What fun to, like, read, dude!

His post uses the four Velourette names I'd suggested, so we have established those as 'canonical'.

Who will continue? Lush? Thena? Mith?

Star poster of the last ten posts is Kuru with three!!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:08 PM   #696
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Hey Guys.

I've had a rough couple of weeks because I decided to apply to the English Department's distinction program on a lark, and have spent all my time writing and stuff. Mithadan tapped me for a subplot and I responded in the affirmative. I'm going to catch up and see what I can accomplish in the next few days.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:08 PM   #697
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Not quite time for your subplot yet, Lush.

I will be away through tuesday and unable to post or check the thread.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #698
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eh. I'm dreadfully ill again. Let me know.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #699
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots Fear and Loathing

Some of you might remember my cameo character in the first REB, Bilbo S. Thompson. He was of course shamelessly lifted from the persona of the creator of gonzo journalism, Hunter S. Thompson. I was not the first to lift his persona for creative inspiration; the "Uncle Duke" character in the Doonesbury cartoon also was based on Thompson.

Hunter S. Thompson died Sunday of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Given the somewhat Byronic nature of his life, the manner of his death perhaps is not surprising. RIP
Old 02-22-2005, 04:56 AM   #700
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

The Rum Diarist

Sentiments echoed. One of the good guys.

~Rim
Old 02-28-2005, 02:14 PM   #701
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

At the moment, this RPG reminds me of nothing more than a game to see who blinks first. Just how long can any writer get by with not posting so someone else posts first? I know there is planning and plotting going on in the background, but does that mean that no one is going to post now? If you are waiting for a development and cannot take the Itship there yourself, please let me know so that I can post to move the plot, at least.

Those who did not post in February are next in line! Let's get this show back on the road!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #702
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

*sigh

I'll put up a save. I have some vague ideas, but I'm not in a funny mood right now. I'll come up with something.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:07 AM   #703
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Sneaky Mith has begun filling in his save without saying a word! So far, so great, Grey One - I look forward to more!

Now for some serious planning: It's been over two years since we began the adventures of the Entish Bow, Merisu et al. We finished the first part, the 'Revenge' (5 pages), within a little over three months! Now we've been at the second part (6 pages so far) for over 1 1/2 years - double ! I'd like to get the story wrapped before this summer; as I will be away for much of June, that means we'd finish by the end of May. Please get your behind-the-scenes plotting coordinated now, let me know if there's any development or set-up that you need to have for your next post, and then let's get moving! As soon as Mith's post is completed I will write one to do just that.

An approximate timeline:

March - Preparations
April - The Big Battle, etc.
May - The Reunification and wrap-up

On your marks, set, - go!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:21 AM   #704
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
May - The Reunification and wrap-up
What makes you think there is going to be any Reunification going on?
Old 03-08-2005, 07:25 AM   #705
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Because it's my story and if you don't play it my way, I'm taking my ball and going home!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:03 AM   #706
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

*Mögul glances at the title of the story and does a double take*

Rats!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:45 PM   #707
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

I was hoping no one would notice until I was done. Well, it's finished. This should get things rolling a bit.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:49 AM   #708
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
...let's get moving! As soon as Mith's post is completed I will write one to do just that.
Well, obviously my post is no longer needed to get things moving - Mith has already done that in his wonderful post!! Thanks - it was well worth waiting for! I chuckled over the reference to the Gongs, since I so recently researched to answer a question about them. Haulië as the Velour's handyman is hilarious, and Manuël's final word of power cracked me up!

I have put up a save and am writing a post with Merisu's reaction. After that, anyone is free to continue - I suspect there is already a good deal of behind-the-scenes plotting which has not yet been revealed to me...
Old 03-09-2005, 05:17 AM   #709
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Good post, Mith. Apparently I must further disseminate my largesse before bestowing actual accolades upon it.

As per behind the scenes planning, which is all fine and well, but some in front of scenes planning might not be remiss. In any case, I'll stake a place after Esty, and post in response to whatever genius she evokes. There may well be a joke involving reunification and Garibaldi biscuits, it remains to be seen.

Red-shirtedly

~Rim
Old 03-09-2005, 07:32 AM   #710
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

If you want it, come and claim it, Rim! My post is finished and up, brief and to the point.

Shorter and more frequent posts could be effective when the action gets thicker, so that it's easier to interact with each other's characters.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:23 AM   #711
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Faster than a speeding bullet, it is done!

Swiftly,

~R
Old 03-09-2005, 10:35 AM   #712
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Excellent post, Rim. However, if you go back a few pages, I believe you will find that Orogarn did in fact retrieve his wallet from Skinflint the Ent. That happened right around the point where Chrysophylax fried the Zerl enclave.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #713
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

The insufferable arrogance quotient of the tale is about to shoot up astronomically.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #714
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Excellent. Mith, so corrected.

Last edited by Rimbaud; 03-10-2005 at 10:14 AM. Reason: mistaken identity
Old 03-09-2005, 06:59 PM   #715
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Great gonzos... it's actually up to 7 pages!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:03 AM   #716
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Kudos to Rim for a very, umm, supportive ( and great fun!) post!

...looking forward to seeing what peaceful, sensible non-action Kuru cooks up...

Next potential candidates for a post would be: Lush, Thena, Diamond, in no particular order.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 03-10-2005 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:30 AM   #717
Lush
Fair and Cold

So, I'm going on spring break to 'Bama and New Orleans in a few minutes (or, at least, I should be, but I think the majority of my road-trip buddies are currently passed out). I won't be back until next Saturday and won't have Internet access until then. Or so I think. Anyway, I'd love to post next Sunday. Kissy Kissy. And good job to our biggest stars (i.e. everyone).
Old 03-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #718
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots Back in the Lab again...

Let me see...

The obligatory Monty Python reference,
C.S. Lewis,
The Simpsons,
Cyberspace degeneracy of various sorts,
a few issues actually relevant to Tolkien (believe it or not),
18th Century literature,
and classic American radio.

(I will be uber-impressed if anybody gets the classic American radio reference that I artlessly dropped in for no apparent reason.)
Old 03-11-2005, 09:15 PM   #719
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Question

*raises hand*

Okay, is this a big battle or a minor skirmish? I'm completely lost on what's going on at the moment, but if I can get it sorted out I may have a post to write.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #720
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Thumbs up

Take your pick.

I'm sure that even if we destroy Mogul's entire army, he'll have another one to trot out as soon as he needs it.