The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Tol-in-Gaurhoth LIV: The Council of Evil

The Fourth Age of Midde-Earth

All was well with the Reunited Kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor and the Kingdom of Rohan. Sauron, that scourge of the earth was vanquished, various minor uprisings in Rhun and Harad were crushed or pacified, and the Free Peoples suffered from no internal strife. It appeared that a time of peace and joy was to be enjoyed after the last three ages of warfare, swaying power, and hatred. Dwarves, men, hobbits, and wood elves looked into their envisioned future and saw no flaw in the outlook. Life seemed good to them.

Yet it was not so with the remnants of evil. From their hiding places in the underground, in the mountains and in forgotten lands they watched the children of light with hatred and jealousy. The combined might of all the forces of darkness might have rivaled the Free Peoples, but most of Sauron's remaining servants were undisciplined and disorderly, and many of the direct servants of Morgoth were unwilling to quit their rest and endure war once more.

It appeared that no final strike was to be made against the good and beautiful.

But the Council of Evil was formed, great beasts and spirits of darkness banded together; and a shadow grew over the earth...

The Balrog Tholdur brooded deep within the bowels of the Grey Mountains. He seethed with anger at the thought of peace in Middle-Earth after his recovery from the War of Wrath, especially as he remembered his position in the world then and the unsurpassed might of Morgoth's realm.
Tholdur recalled the elves and men he had crushed, the battalion of orcs and wolves he had led into battle, and the memory of standing near the Master on his throne. Those were the days of glory, when the Balrogs were held high in honour and considered the second only to the Dark Lord himself and his Dragons.
Inexcusable, therefore, after the supreme power of the Valar had returned once more to the Undying Lands, that all which the great Master had been opposed to was permitted to flourish. And though he no longer held to his oath, Tholdur still remembered it in part, and that fragment he was resolved to fulfill, whether from some crazed love his master or an evil resolution he made, it is not recorded. And he repeated the verse over in his mind, filling himself with fury:

"Death to light, to law, to love
Cursed be moon and stars above",

and his heart of flame waxed hotter than before, urging him to go forth and combat his ages-old enemies.

And Tholdur, Balrog of Morgoth, abandoned his caves and stood upon some tall mountain, and beheld all Middle-Earth in one, long gaze; and he, knowing that his might alone could not hope to overcome the task he saw, was filled with a great wrath, and the darkness about him increased, and the full power of the Maia was revealed in him.
But then Tholdur saw how the victory he sought after might be accomplished. For one Balrog alone could not achieve his aim, but if two united? or three? What if a strength of Morgoth's living servants gathered in might? That indeed would prove a force to be reckoned with, for there were few then in Middle-Earth who could defeat the ancient powers which destroyed much of the Eldar's work in the First Age.

But Tholdur met difficulty, for he could not lead the Valaraukar, nor summon the dragon-kind from their rest. And even were they so called, they would scorn him to make himself a head, for his power was scarce greater than theirs. Yet once more he found the path out, for the dragons loved gold and might fight with him if promised a large portion of wealth. And were the Balrogs given a large share of power over conquered peoples- for some lusted after it- they might join his cause; and Tholdur was made glad.
Then Tholdur gathered about him mountain-orcs and wolves, and sent many as messengers, ordering them to request in his name his kin, dragons, great trolls and strong leaders and rulers with many followers, to join him in a war against the Free Peoples; and power there was for the taking, and the massive hoards of dwarves and men, should they but ally themselves with him and share equal positions in his council. And the council was to meet at Mount Gundabad, a stronghold in the far north, where they would decide on how to set about the conquest of the renewed Kingdoms and the other various domains throughout Middle-Earth.
And the messengers departed and gave their communication to the great ones they found, and many of the receivers journeyed to Gundabad to help Tholdur; some for treasure, and some for authority; and one who desired not to aid, but to further his own purposes.

But the journeys took time, and in that time Tholdur gathered a small army of orcs and assaulted many of King Elessar's northern outposts, and destroyed them; and battled after with an Arnorian host five thousands strong, and though he slew many and put the others to flight, he suffered grievously from darts and long spears cunningly wielded, and he returned to Gundabad to heal and direct the council.

And many came to the council. Balrogs there were, mighty servants of Morgoth, Eonwe, Ilya, Isabellkya, and Strongbow. Dragons also; Brinniel and Gwathagor, of the Brood of Glaurung; and lesser cousins of the winged-worm Scatha, Meneltarmacil and Shasta. A great troll lord from the Ettenmoors named Sally came; and Kath, a chieftain of Sauron's Olog-hai. After these two walked one troll whom none had met, nor heard of, his name was Nogrod, and his mouth gaped at the other counselors, in his eyes shone not the light of wit or cunning, but they rested dully and his huge mouth gaped. Out of the far east appeared the blue-robed wizard Alatar (who went by a pseudonym of Boromir88), with many Easterlings in his wake. Last strode in a grey body, colossal for that breed, a werewolf called Aganzir with venom dripping from his jaws. He led the wargs of Rhovanion to Gundabad, through many dangers the Sons of the West laid for them.

Then when the council was joined in a great hall beneath the mountain, Tholdur entered, and many present were surprised at his manner. For though they knew he had been injured and he stumbled as he strode forward, in his fiery eyes gleamed hatred, but his hatred was not for those who had done him corporeal hurt.

"Allies," said Tholdur, and his voice was lower than a herd of bulls', "When I called this assembly, I expected, nay; I was sure that at least one would come with mischief or discord in his heart, but I believed myself to be strong and discerning enough to sense his intent and expel him from our meeting ere he caused conflict or discontent.
"I was in error when I thought that of myself. One has come and has clouded my insight with doubt, and is even now crushing my will to resist him, for he is a necromancer of power and shrewdness and seeks to rule Middle-Earth without others to rival him. And that, I am sure, will tell you what he intends to do to you, Servants of Darkness."
Tholdur paused and grit his rock-like teeth. He appeared to be enduring an invisible weight, overloading his mind and causing him to undergo severe mental pain. After a few moments of this he continued:
"He has, as I mentioned, darkened my powers of sense, but I will tell you what I have perceived of him and his doings. Two among you have been wrenched to his side, for his sorcery is great; and they will not return even now. Those two do not know who their master is now, but they work together. That enslavement shall not happen to others, I believe, for those still faithful will- if they wish to retain their personal freedom- now steel themselves against that mighty power, unlike that unfortunate pair which had not the chance.
"Now band together and choose one among you each day to slay or otherwise dispense with. All of you have been leaders at one time at least," he paused and shot a quick glance at Nogrod, "that is to say, at least most of you. Your skills in judgement, insight, and wisdom cannot be wasted at this crucial time. Pick carefully. Looks can deceive, and a few of you toil for the good of the whole aside from the daily debate."

Tholdur suddenly roared aloud in agony. He strained his limbs and his shadowy wings reached from wall to wall, and all who beheld him were filled with amazement and fear. He dropped to his knees and clutched at his lowered head with flaming hands. He then removed his claws and raised up his chin.

"Beware!" he forced out of his massive chest. "Our enemy is strong. He may possess other powers than this you see before you, and even in defeat he shall be perilous. Yet this I know and must impart to you: he alone cannot undo good in Middle-Earth and if he survives he shall not spare any here, be they thralls to him or no. Remember all that I have said to you, and now: farewell!"

With a cry of anguish Tholdur fell onto his face. The darkness about him withered and faded into nothingness. The flames encircling him diminished and vanished, and his glowing body dimmed. The Council's originator and motivator had died by one their number.

The Council viewed Tholdur collapse so awed none moved to catch his fall. Several minutes of astonished silence ensued, and then the members began to talk....

Day 1 has begun.

Players:

Aganzir
Boromir88
Brinniel
Eonwe
Gwathagor
Meneltarmacil
Ilya
Isabellkya
Kath
Nogrod
Sally
Shasta
Strongbow
Old 12-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Go ahead and start. I won't be back on for hours.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*Meneltarmacil the fire-drake enters the cavern*

Raaaawwwwwrrrrr! I brought you guys some dinner!

*brings in a number of freshly-cooked dwarves*

These guys were trying to dig tunnels all around my lair, so I roasted them. But on to other matters. I hear some of us have decided to turn traitorous. No idea who, but rest assured they will be breathed on and eaten if I run across 'em.

Let us be careful in our accusations, however. I would hate for any of our number to die needlessly, however tasty they might be.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Strongbow
Wight

Strongbow has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Strongbow Send a message via MSN to Strongbow
I'll whip them, Meneltarmacil, with my thongs of fire, and I may also just roar at them. Let their hearts cave in their fiendish chests for what they have done!

Anyhow, I agree with you.

Let's not be hasty. (hoom hoom)
Old 12-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
(hoom hoom)
Do not speak the tongue of the Ents here, brother. We are he to honour the name of Morgoth, not our foes.

Mmmmmmmm.... Dwarf...
They're a bit too crispy, don't you think?

Anyway, despite using that foul speech you are right.

We must try to find out who is evil, but as our number is few, we cannot be careless in our choices.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
For reference, here are the special roles that Gollum posted on the Admin thread.

2 Werewolves
1 Werebear
1 Seer
1 Hunter

I would like to know what a werebear is.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
Strongbow
Wight

A werebear, O dragon of might, is one who kills for himself during the night, regardless of allegiance. He kills innocents, and Hunters, and seers, and traitors.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #8
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
How the heck do you know that? You only have 75 posts.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
Strongbow
Wight

Because, friend, the Werebear is the Serial Killer in other incarnations of our predicament.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #10
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I haven't met him either, which, frankly, is probably all for the best.

Maybe you are the werebear and that's how you knew.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #11
Strongbow
Wight

I would put forth an anti-council claim on Day 1? Yes, indeed, that seems rational.

Also, check the Tol-in-Gaurhoth Grimoire, Gwath. That's also where you can get some information on the role. Not an exact definition, but one can put together the facts as easy as I could.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #12
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I see.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #13
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Just got back from some christmas stealing and there's not too much doing on the thread? Already I miss Phantom and his hemorrhagic style of posting.

Thankee, Strongbow, for the werebear tip. Glad to see at least somebody's up to speed.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:08 AM   #14
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I probably should check in before running off to bed. So yeah I'm here...sort of. Just don't expect a lot of activity from me in these first few Days. Surely you can understand, being the holidays and all.

After a month of 48 hour Days in the last game, suddenly 24 hours seems so short. I'm gonna have vote early too I think...sometime in the morning. I still have to do last minute Christmas shopping and I don't know if I'll be back before deadline. At the slow pace this Day's been running so far, it'll probably have to be a completely random vote. Because I can't see how I'm supposed to have any clue at this stage...
Old 12-23-2008, 07:11 AM   #15
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hello all.

I'm werewolf.

Therefore I want to help hunt down those who call themselves werewolves yet aren't and wrongly kill us good servants of Morgoth under the name of my noble kin.

I am naturally suspicious of Alatar88 because he once was a mighty servant of the valar. Also, I'm suspicious of Gwath because of his maybe-you-knew-because-you're-the-bear comment, and of Brinn because her post looks forced.

Gollum, has the seer dreamed already?

I'm happy we have the bear because the chances are good enough that the wolves and the bear try to kill each other.

Unfortunately for you, I got Spore as a birthday present and as I didn't have time to install it yesterday, I'm going to get acquainted with it now. Back later.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #16
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Aim for the troll! Kill the troll! Bring it down! Bring it down!

Sorry, wrong wizard.

In that case I'm going to disappear to some unbeknownst place for thousands of years and make a completely useless appearance at some other random point in time.

Place nice wolves, bear, and good luck to all.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #17
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Already I miss Phantom and his hemorrhagic style of posting.~Ilya
I will never be able to compete with the phantom , but I will certainly do my best. I thought we were still in night phase, and hence why I hadn't posted until just now.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:38 AM   #18
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I'm werewolf.~Agan
That's precisely what a bloody-hungry Agan werewolf, who eats people at night, would wish us to believe. You're playing with fire my dear, and last I looked no werewolf liked fire.

Gwath the werebear is a deadly creature, it would serve us to get rid of it just about as quickly as we would a werewolf. One time, I was a seer and faked to be the werebear so I could stay a live a little longer, ooh I loved that village.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:37 AM   #19
Strongbow
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
and of Brinn because her post looks forced
Wolves prowl. You should know this better than any, Agan. They'll put forward something, merely for the sake of putting something forward. With this reasoning in hand, I also have slight suspicions for Boro.

More to come? Maybe. I'd like to hear what our resident psychic, Shasta, has to say.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #20
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I guess I should say also for today, I would like to extend a bit of courtesy to Menel. I've battled with Menel and gotten him killed far too many times on Day 1, I extend a promise on this day (and this day only) not to shoot an arrow into your sweet spot sir dragon.

Quote:
I also have slight suspicions for Boro.~Strongbow
The feeling is mutual my good Balrog
Old 12-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #21
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The only darn computer that has Windows is apparently broken again and I couldn't play Spore so I decided to help my mum with Christmas preparations instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
You're playing with fire my dear, and last I looked no werewolf liked fire.
It's difficult not to, given that more than half of us are fire creatures of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Gwath the werebear is a deadly creature
Gwath the werebear. Sounds good.

Quote:
Wolves prowl. You should know this better than any, Agan.
Why should I know that better than any?

It's a shame there are so few of us. The discussion hasn't started rolling properly even though we're halfway through the day already.

Let's see if I can do something about it.

Guilty
Gwath. Because of that "Maybe you are the werebear and that's how you knew." suggestion.
Brinn. Checking in with a forced-looking post without having anything special to say. Then again I always find her forced-looking (see my very good case against her in WW XXXX ), except in last game. It'd serve her right to be lynched. Grr.

Innocent
Menel gives an innocent impression.
Strongbow. I like him for now. Besides he behaves the way I do (ie tells how wolves tend to act). I'm assuming you're not totally unfamiliar with werewolf although this is your first game (at least here)?
Eönwë is being himself ie probably innocent.

Neither
Boro is impossible to read. I'm watching him.
Ilya. Popped in but said nothing special.
Isabellkya
Kath
Nogrod
Sally
Shasta

My suspicions are due to change before the end of the day.

Are we having double lynches? I don't remember reading about it. Anyways even if they are for use I think it's rather obvious we should avoid them, what with there being so few players.

So there are 13 of us. In the worst case (ie an innocent is killed every day and night and the gifteds aren't of any help) we're dead meat after day 3. Unfortunately for some of us (:P) I don't think we can afford to lynch people just because they are quiet.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #22
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Though I am loath to bring such a complaint against one of my winged bretheren, I do find Gwathagor's accusation against Strongbow to be a bit out of line. It seems like Gwath is grasping at straws to find something to say, not unlike a traitor distracting us from his plans.

However, he may just be trying to get us talking, and not be a traitor at all. We'll just have to see what comes.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #23
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Though I am loath to bring such a complaint against one of my winged bretheren, I do find Gwathagor's accusation against Strongbow to be a bit out of line. It seems like Gwath is grasping at straws to find something to say, not unlike a traitor distracting us from his plans.

However, he may just be trying to get us talking, and not be a traitor at all. We'll just have to see what comes.
Well everybody must grasp at straws to make any accusations at this stage. With me it's just that "Maybe you're the werebear &c" that raises my alarms. There was first this joking question/accusation and after Strongbow (can I call you Bowie? It'd be funny ) answered, Gwath had to make sure everybody would at least consider it that Bowie was the bear.

Personally I think it'd be pretty bold for a newbie to come tell what the bear is if he was one himself.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #24
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

You know what's interesting about this string of people, taken from the alphabetical order of the villagers from the first post...

Isabellkya
Kath
Nogrod
Sally
Shasta

They haven't posted. I find it rather unusual that Nogrod and Shasta haven't at least popped in yet. So unusual, it makes them look rather innocent. As for the other 3, well nothing special to say about their inactivity.

Quote:
It seems like Gwath is grasping at straws to find something to say~Menel
It looks like the suspicions towards Gwath (from you and Agan) are the one's who are grasping at straws. Gwath seems to always be the easy Day 1 wolf target/early lynch...and why is it that I always find myself defending Gwath? One of these days, when he actually is a wolf, it's going to come back to bite me in the rear.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #25
Strongbow
Wight

Agan - I wasn't accusing you. That was species-directed, not alignment directed. And yes, Bowie will suffice. You're correct in saying that I have played Werewolf before, although it was called Mafia, and the Werebear was the Serial Killer. That's the reason why the mechanics are so familiar to me. - No suspicion

Menel - No suspicion

Boro - My eye is on you, but just because I've seen you to be devious in the past. Not an open accusation. - Small suspicion

Gwath - I can't be sure of anything, but you don't trust me for my knowledge of the enemy. My eye is also on you, even more so than the Blue Wizard. - Suspicion

Brinn - My reasoning still stands. - Suspicion

All the others I have no call on for now.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #26
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Agan - I wasn't accusing you. That was species-directed, not alignment directed.
I know you weren't - I was just curious since I failed to get the joke. I wish I was in every game able to forget I'm a werewolf!

Tsk tsk, Boro, I wouldn't say not posting makes Nog & Shasta look innocent. It's possible (and more likely) that they just don't know the game has started, or have other hurries. Besides an evil Nog would be posting just as much or even more than an innocent Nog.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #27
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boro - My eye is on you, but just because I've seen you to be devious in the past.~Strongbow
Don't let the past cloud your judgement my very young pada - crap wrong universe...balrogling.

Although how new to this whole shindig are you really? You seem to have a nice grasp of roles, rules, and player's styles. So Agan makes it clear she's a werewolf, and then says it would be bold for a newbie (Strongbow) to say what the werebear is if he was the werebear himself. But as I have rightly surmised, you Strongbow, do not seem too new to this at all. So, why do you and Agan just fill the rest of us in, eh? What are you two trying to do?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #28
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
then says it would be bold for a newbie (Strongbow) to say what the werebear is if he was the werebear himself.
Bah, I was referring to Gwath's suspicion and why I didn't like it.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #29
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Tsk tsk, Boro, I wouldn't say not posting makes Nog & Shasta look innocent.~Agan
True but their silence makes them look more innocent than guilty. And if they are not posting because they are not aware the game has started, well that surely makes them look more innocent. Wouldn't you think?

Besides, care to explain this effort against Gwath?

Edit: crossed with Agan, which you did answer that, and makes this post now completely useless. Thank you.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #30
Strongbow
Wight

Quote:
But as I have rightly surmised, you Strongbow, do not seem too new to this at all. So, why do you and Agan just fill the rest of us in, eh? What are you two trying to do?
Which would you rather have: a newbie who did his homework, or a newbie who's dangling at your heels?

If I was the Bear, I'd be trying to kill Agan because the Bear is crazy like this, and wants to see everybody die. Ergo, Agan and I have no plan whatsoever, except for what Tholdur told us to do - find the traitors, and destroy them with discrimination.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #31
Strongbow
Wight

And by "with discrimination", I of course mean: "without discrimination".
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #32
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
True but their silence makes them look more innocent than guilty. And if they are not posting because they are not aware the game has started, well that surely makes them look more innocent. Wouldn't you think?
You're welcome Boro.

That depends on when the roles were sent. At least Nog was last online about 12 hours before the game started so I wouldn't bet on it.

Bowie what do you mean we have no plan? Of course we do! We're trying to kill all the innocen.. oops!

Yours truly hasn't eaten anything today so she's going to find some nice tender elven meat now (dwarves are way too barbaric for me).
Old 12-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #33
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm sure one of the reasons this Day has been so quiet is because several players haven't realised the game has started (and with a Day), and are too busy with RL holiday stuff to check the Downs. I don't think that'll point to any sort of guilt or innocence.

After last game, I won't be surprised if you all decide to lynch me early on. It's a good thing I don't have a special role. For once, I'm actually not the slightest bit worried. I'm just relieved to finally get to play without the pressure of being something other than ordo for the first time in 2 1/2 games.

I have to vote very soon, btw.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #34
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I have to go now and I don't know if I'll be back before deadline. So time to vote (yay for randomness).

++Aganzir

You know I love you Aganzir, but you're the one I feel least guilty voting for. And anyway, what better way for a werewolf to hide than to play a werewolf?

Alright, see you all toMorrow (or not...).
Old 12-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #35
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
You're correct in saying that I have played Werewolf before, although it was called Mafia, and the Werebear was the Serial Killer. That's the reason why the mechanics are so familiar to me.
I was wondering what the Serial Killer remark was supposed to mean. Mafia, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Bah, I was referring to Gwath's suspicion and why I didn't like it.
Yeah, that was banter more than anything else. I would be very slow to suspect someone on such flimsy evidence.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:36 PM   #36
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Ai-ai Brinn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Yeah, that was banter more than anything else. I would be very slow to suspect someone on such flimsy evidence.
I dare guess that if people were suspecting Bowie very much now because of that, you wouldn't be saying so. Anyway someone needs to get the game rolling and you've been helping in it with your bear remark.

Luckily there's still... erm... four and half hours till deadline.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #37
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Which would you rather have: a newbie who did his homework, or a newbie who's dangling at your heels?~Strongbow
Hmm good point, you've passed for today.

Quote:
That depends on when the roles were sent. At least Nog was last online about 12 hours before the game started so I wouldn't bet on it.~Agan
Well then let us hope he is quickly informed, or this will be a very random, and very poor choice of our Day 1 voting options.

Alright so a somewhat flippant statement (yet not completely flippant) of who I currently trust.

Edit: crossed with Agan Again - this is becoming a habit.

Ilya- simply for mentioning the phantom. He will be sorely missed, as a confidant, and I can't hijack a discussion by myself. Although I am guessing Agan is campaigning for that job - so Agan what do you say? Where was I? Oh yes, Ilya looks trustworthy.

Brinn- She's such a sweet-talker, and that makes her cunningly dangerous. But hey, I think she's genuine, may the grace the Vala have bestowed upon me protect me now if my hasty judgement comes back to execute me in my slumber.

Everyone else, well I trust you no farther than I could throw a sack full of irons.

Edit 2: And for some reason I put my first edit in the middle of my post. Odd.

Last edited by Boromir88; 12-23-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #38
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

To clarify, I wouldn't bet on Nog being aware that the game has started. I was in a hurry to finish the post because I wanted to go to eat so I was unclear.

I think I'll text Nog.

What do you mean you can't hijack the discussion Boro?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #39
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Oh! Oh! I forgot about this so maybe others have as well. Everybody go invisible.

Just checking in. Time to stir up some knee-jerk suspicions based on nothing but innocuous not noteworthy at all conversation! In the spirit of Christmas, of course.

Agan - Already has a vote, but is being oddly disarming. Either she has me under a glamor, or I'm getting no bad vibes just yet.

Brinn - I get exhausted vibes from you, so be well and have fun, whatever it is you're doing. It's a little weird that you already think you're going to be gone so soon into the day, and that's the only thing that's striking me a little strange.

Bowie - Mad props for not being intimidated and coming out swinging, new-favorite-nickname guy. Will you think ill of me if I believe your eagerness and preparation indicate that you have a role? Like, I dunno about WW just yet, but you're up to something, mister.

Boro - I know you'll do your best. That said, the "Oh, Boro's innocent" moment hasn't happened for me yet. You're being watched, my friend.

Eonwe - I got nothing.

Gwath - I'm suspiciousish, but honestly I think it's because other people are suspiciousish of Gwath, and he looked guilty last game too, so I'm holding off on my pitchfork for now.

Menel the Dragon - Unlike his less accepting brethren, this fiery beast seems to be on the level so far. Was quick to point out what looked to me like Gwath joking, but I haven't played with Meneltarmacil before, so I'm reserving judgment.

Everybody else - Um, hi.

I have to go out and succor our floundering economy for a bit, but I'll be back before voting time ends.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #40
Strongbow
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Bowie - Mad props for not being intimidated and coming out swinging, new-favorite-nickname guy. Will you think ill of me if I believe your eagerness and preparation indicate that you have a role? Like, I dunno about WW just yet, but you're up to something, mister.
I've been eager waaaay before role PMs came out, so: try again.

Boro - Can't really tell: are you suspicious of me or no?