Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #81
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Though Saeryn won't take part in this, as far as can be seen, Garstan should know that if he leaves, she will care for the children as best she can, and certainly with the help of the entire rest of the remaining household.
Good to know. That information would play an important part in his decision making process.

Of course, if Saeryn isn't here just now, can Eodwine tell him that's the case?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #82
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Saeryn is here, but Fea is dealing with time constraints limiting her posting. That's why Degas and the boys are cameos and not full roles. I should think you could take Fea's offer into account in whatever post you write as coming from Saeryn's voice, (that ok, Fea?) just don't expect a response from her.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #83
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Saeryn is here, but Fea is dealing with time constraints limiting her posting. That's why Degas and the boys are cameos and not full roles. I should think you could take Fea's offer into account in whatever post you write as coming from Saeryn's voice, (that ok, Fea?) just don't expect a response from her.
So noted.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #84
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Precisely, and thanks Jenny for clarifying for me.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:31 AM   #85
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I hadn't thought about it before I starting writing him, but Gurth's sparce vocabulary means that posts concerning him containing dialogue will often lead to me having to NPC other people's characters to an extent.

So in this case, Jenny, Firefoot and Taralphiel, do speak up if you feel I haven't done your characters justice. For instance, I might have slightly played down Scyld's courage for comic effect.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #86
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I think the only thing that I really mind is the part at the end about Scyld retreating "as quickly as possible." Him getting out of there like that is fine, but I think I'd make it a little slower, more guarded. Other than that, looks fine. Scyld is still developing for me, and I'm definitely liking this exasperation with Gurth.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #87
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I changed it to "paced slowly but firmly back up the stairs".
Old 05-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #88
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Perfect.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #89
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Apparently, I need to post; I'll be switched if I know what to do with Eodwine. Lothiriel has come and told Eodwine to join the search and rescue party, and to get word to Linduial's father. So he'll give Degas his marching orders. And Garstan wants to talk to him. Hama of the Riddermark is playing Haleth, the commander, I see, who will talk to Eodwine about plans. Haleth is at the mead hall? I guess I'll have Eodwine initiate communication with him. If I got anything wrong, let me know.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #90
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Great jon, Anguriel , no changes needed for Sorn at all!

Yesterday I was reading over the posts, and I had a small idea. I'm putting up the beginnings of it in my next post.

Would it be possible to have Osfrid and Muriel wander into the Mead Hall and gather information on Linduial's friends? Then perhaps use that to threaten her into 'behaving'? Just something to play on Sorn's deviousness :3

Let me know what you think, and if it's not a good idea I'll edit it out of my post.

Tara
Old 05-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #91
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

You got it, LMP. Busy being the Eorl, isn't it?

Garstan wants to go with the rescue party, but he needs someone to talk it through with him so he stops running around in mental circles.

Last edited by Celuien; 05-11-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #92
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Ang - Muriel and Gurth absolutely have to meet somehow. Mwahaha...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
Would it be possible to have Osfrid and Muriel wander into the Mead Hall and gather information on Linduial's friends? Then perhaps use that to threaten her into 'behaving'? Just something to play on Sorn's deviousness :3

Let me know what you think, and if it's not a good idea I'll edit it out of my post.
Well, I'd rather have them at Sorn's home, but I'll do it, as long as Osfrid and Muriel aren't gone for more than a couple of days. How far is it from Edoras to Sorn's home?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #93
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It wouldn't be very far at all. I'd say that you could make one or two posts, peeking around and then come back. I'm not thinking of it being a very big operation at all.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #94
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Excellent. I'm definently up for snooping.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #95
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Excellent. I'm definently up for snooping.
Great! Now, to decide WHAT we find. It's a matter of deciding who Linduial would be most distressed over.

Degas is about to leave, so that counts him out. Perhaps Lèoðern ? I feel bad almost saying it! How cruel these thieves and ruffians would be!

Celuien: Would this be plausible? There wouldn't be any kidnapping ivolved...perhaps Muriel or Osfrid just talking to her, and her revealing something she knows about Linduial.

I won't push this forward today. Perhaps a day or two. Gives everyone else time to work their own storylines out. I hope this idea is okay Jenny!

Tara
Old 05-12-2006, 03:52 AM   #96
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taralphiel
Celuien: Would this be plausible? There wouldn't be any kidnapping ivolved...perhaps Muriel or Osfrid just talking to her, and her revealing something she knows about Linduial.
It's plausible. She's the open, trusting, friendly, talkative sort who would tell just about anyone anything they asked (and more beside). And it will put a whole new twist on Garstan's concern to stop the kidnapping ring when he hears about it.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:52 AM   #97
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I think it's cool...been keeping my mouth shut and seeing where you go with this. Very nifty.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:39 PM   #98
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks Firefoot for continuing the thought for me!

Alcarillo: , if you have no objections I'll write up a post in a few hours outlining the plan.

Jenny: When would you like to slot this little twist in? I want to work with your timeline, of course I also don't want to crowd the page with too many 'Sorn the Nutter' posts

...Is everybody enjoying Sorn's crazy ignorance to his 'help' as much as I am? *giggles* He's digging himself into a mighty deep hole....

Tara
Old 05-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #99
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
...Is everybody enjoying Sorn's crazy ignorance to his 'help' as much as I am?
I am. Bad guys can be so much more... interesting... than good ones.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #100
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Look at the timeline and see where you think it would fit.

But as for me, it looks like a perfectly good week 1 activity. The story should really climax (for Lin) about the end of week 2, and this little sub-plot should hellp enforce the passage of days.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #101
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I fixed my goof regarding Hama's character, Haleth.

Hama? Are you going to post and answer Eodwine's question?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #102
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
Alcarillo: , if you have no objections I'll write up a post in a few hours outlining the plan.
None at all. Just wait until I can squeeze in an answer to Scyld, though. Won't be long.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:22 PM   #103
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alcarillo, is it your character who is going to be sent to the mead hall? Thornden is going to be there. Apparently, he's going to be sticking a roof onto the hall, but besides that, I'd like to have some interaction with your character, possibly. . .I wanted to play him some in this game.

Also, Hama and Elempi - my first post is in a very innappropriate place, it appears. Let me move it and bring my character to the mead hall sometime tomorrow. He will not go to your two characters because they're in Eodwine's room, it appears. He'll wait around outside, pacing probably, until he can talk to Haleth and volunteer himself. That sound alright?

-- Folwren
Old 05-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #104
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I see you've got your post up, Alc so there's nothing to worry about there!

Jenny: I agree on week 1. 2 seems to be very busy, and I don't want to crowd it further. I also think that there needs to be some space between Linduial's escpae in Week 3 and this little trick of Sorn's. That way, Linduial will have had enough time to sort out the risks of testing any threat Sorn puts to her friends. If that makes any sense *giggles*

I have Mother's Day celebrations here today, and a job interview on Tuesday. So I'll put up a post tonight, and then disappear until after Tuesday morning. I hope this isn't too troublesome!

Tara

P.S: Baddies are so much FUN, Fire! *evil cackle*
Old 05-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #105
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Can anybody tell me exactly how long it would take to ride from the Mead Hall to Dol Amroth?
Old 05-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #106
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

This is a pretty good website to figure out times and distances - they list Edoras to Minas Tirith as 350 miles and taking a minimum of four, average of fifteen days travel. Being that Degas is likely to be in a hurry... I'd say go with a week or so.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:11 PM   #107
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Gracias.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #108
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

If Hama doesn't post up by the time I'm ready to (sometime today I suppose), then I'll just make some decisions and you can ask me to edit later. That means that I'll excuse Haleth from my rooms and the open door will find Thornden in the middle of pacing. Sound good?
Old 05-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #109
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
If Hama doesn't post up by the time I'm ready to (sometime today I suppose), then I'll just make some decisions and you can ask me to edit later. That means that I'll excuse Haleth from my rooms and the open door will find Thornden in the middle of pacing. Sound good?
Oh. Oh, dear. No, I didn't mean Thornden. Thornden (at this time) is still on his route in the Middle Emnet. I was talking about my second character, Deren, the one from Meduseld. He's the one who wanted to come volunteer.

Thornden would want to volunteer, too, you know, but evidently, Eodwine's going to ask him to stay back and put a roof on the place. And that would be his rightful job as a steward. Eodwine has to help with the search for Lin, the queen said so. But someone has to stay back and take care of the mead hall. I am actually looking forward to writing the part when Eodwine tells Thornden this. (Well, you'll be writing that part, but I get to write his response and reaction. ) There may be some sparks. . .that is, unless you think it would be better if I didn't do that...?

Just let me know your thoughts on the matter. And it would be fine if Eodwine did walk out and see Deren pacing, but it can't be Thornden. Sorry.

-- Folwren
Old 05-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #110
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Let the sparks fly. All the more interesting.

But I won't be able to write it until tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #111
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Let the sparks fly. All the more interesting.
Oh, good! Fun, fun, fun! I'm glad you say so.

Quote:
But I won't be able to write it until tomorrow.
And that's alright. I wouldn't have had time today anyway, and tomorrow, I'm going to be really busy anyway...so it's fine that I won't have to write a responding post immediately.

-- Folwren
Old 05-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #112
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Hello all,

I'm really sorry that I haven't been active, but I've been painfully busy with A Level work this past week or so.

Fortunately I've managed to make a considerable dent in it, so I'll do my absolute upmost to get a post up here before Wednesday.

Sorry again.

~Hama
Old 05-15-2006, 07:16 PM   #113
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm sorry, my RL has just gotten really, really busy lately, and it's all I can do to manage DWWW. I'll try to do what I can with this when a little time opens up.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:34 AM   #114
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Hama, I still need to see a post from you. At least get up a save...I'd like to get this moving along.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:35 AM   #115
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If you see an 'edited by piosenniel' on your game post, it's just me removing signatures.

~*~ Pio
Old 05-18-2006, 04:54 AM   #116
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Pio: oops.

Everybody else: Post to come today/tonight rather than last night. sorry.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:08 AM   #117
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm going to get a post up today, too! Sometime. Sometime sooner than later.

-- Folwren
Old 05-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #118
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Torim (and a way to find Sorn is the kidnapper) is my surprise. He is NPC, anyone can use him within reason. BUT:

Make sure it's plausible, people! Torim has no desire to get involved. Locating him, and then convincing him to talk, should be difficult, and take a while.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #119
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am so sorry my last post is so short, but I haven't time to think of anything further.

Elempi, do what you have to with my character to continue on. Stick him in the backround while Eodwine figures out what is next. As he said, he can be quiet when necessary.

I'm going to be gone until Sunday evening/Monday morning, so don't wait up for me.

-- Folwren
Old 05-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #120
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Seems like Hama's post needs to be moved to an earlier place in the thread. Like between posts 3 & 4, I think.

Hama:

Bloody hell Haleth!” needs to be changed to "Blood and swords, Haleth!"

... ready to take on the whole damn Mordor army all by ourselves!” The expletive here may simply be removed.

The rest of it is just fine.