The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #361
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Phantom will open a new thread in Mirth later this week that will cause all Downers either to laugh or groan (some will do both).
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh dear. What now?
I can hear some groaning already.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #362
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Is it the long-awaited announcement that the rulers of your home planet are finally going to conquer Earth and install you as planetary governor? Time to ready my ship..did I say that out loud?
Disrespect = death

But if you're very good, I may let you manage a few counties down your way. If you're very very good, I may allow you to be some sort of assistant for Secretary of Entertainment Mnemo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Oh dear. What now?
You're a bit intrigued and you hate it, don't you?

But Gal55 is on the right track- groaning will be rampant, unless of course you're smart enough to adjust your expectations to something matching my special blend of silliness and narcissism, in which case you'll be prepared to just have a bit of fun with it.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:00 AM   #363
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Is it the long-awaited announcement that the rulers of your home planet are finally going to conquer Earth and install you as planetary governor? Time to ready my ship..did I say that out loud?
Ah, don't give up so easily. There's still hope that Transsylvania will relieve him of his command and promote Riff Raff instead.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 AM   #364
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
But Gal55 is on the right track- groaning will be rampant, unless of course you're smart enough to adjust your expectations to something matching my special blend of silliness and narcissism, in which case you'll be prepared to just have a bit of fun with it.
So in other words, it will be a game "Which threads are now important?" or "Find a quote by the phantom"?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:07 AM   #365
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
But if you're very good, I may let you manage a few counties down your way. If you're very very good, I may allow you to be some sort of assistant for Secretary of Entertainment Mnemo.
The past 3 years I've been bidding for your Director of the Sports & Gaming Division. I suppose this is a wing under the Entertainment Department and I'd give all the performance reports to Mnemo, if this was the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Ah, don't give up so easily. There's still hope that Transsylvania will relieve him of his command and promote Riff Raff instead.
As one who has gone to see the live show of this (more than once), I adore the reference.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:38 PM   #366
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
So in other words, it will be a game "Which threads are now important?" or "Find a quote by the phantom"?
Ooo, those are some good ideas.... Perhaps sometime in the future.... But anyway, your ideas are very near the truth. Very near indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
The past 3 years I've been bidding for your Director of the Sports & Gaming Division. I suppose this is a wing under the Entertainment Department and I'd give all the performance reports to Mnemo, if this was the case?
Quite right, but I didn't realize you were keen to take on all sports. I figured you would find it more fun to be involved at a deeper level with a specific sport rather than manage the overall economics of a smattering of events. But I can shift plans. We still have, oh, maybe three years before the power shift.

Anyway, expect the thread to be started sometime during our mini-moot this weekend (the appropriately named Sally-Shasta-Phantom-maybeAutume-Moot).
Old 08-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #367
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Anyway, expect the thread to be started sometime during our mini-moot this weekend (the appropriately named Sally-Shasta-Phantom-maybeAutume-Moot).
Ooo, ooo, are are you going to do more of this? Or the name-pronouncing thing?

I predict that you will do one of those but not the other.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:04 AM   #368
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ring

At this rate I predict that 50% of the active members will be couples in RL.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #369
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
At this rate I predict that 50% of the active members will be couples in RL.
I predict that a variation of the following dialogue will happen at some point (unless it already did ):

He: Will you marry me?

She: *thinks* Have you read LOTR yet?

He: Yes, my love.

She: Have you read TH yet?

He: Yes, my love.

She: Have you read The Sil yet?

He: Yes, my love. I read all the books. Now, will you marry me?

She: But have you joined the Downs?

He: Uh-oh.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #370
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I predict that The King's Players RPG and PT are going to compete for the BIGGEST PROCRASTINATION THREAD AWARD.

Also, that the substitution of "ph" for "f" will be a popular change phorum-wide, and later - world-wide.

Also, that Phantom will be very happy when he sees that last comment.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #371
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
December 2012 will not mark the end of the world, but rather when SpM is toppled from his position of having the most posts on the Barrow-Downs.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #372
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I predict that The King's Players RPG and PT are going to compete for the BIGGEST PROCRASTINATION THREAD AWARD.
They still have a long way to catch up to the Procrastination that is the REB trilogy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
December 2012 will not mark the end of the world, but rather when SpM is toppled from his position of having the most posts on the Barrow-Downs.
Oh my! And Mithalwen is currently third! Will she do it?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #373
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post
Oh my! And Mithalwen is currently third! Will she do it?
No, no, that will be Nog. He's second, and he currently outposts her by 0.79 posts a day. He'll clearly be there first.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #374
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post
They still have a long way to catch up to the Procrastination that is the REB trilogy! Oh my! And Mithalwen is currently third! Will she do it?
I don't play Werewolf anymore and Nogrod does and is playing ATM so it will be him...and I don't want to displace Sauce. Even though we argued a lot, I admired his humour and intelligence - true wit - immensely and wish he would return. Seriously I was thinking about this, this afternoon and wondering if I should assume a new identity. I feel bad enough passing Pio.

Oh and for procrasitnation I will take King's Players and raise you Wight Fright... but I intend doing something about that very, very soon.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote