The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2005, 05:39 AM   #41
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Gil-Galad will join forces with Nimrodel_9, Kath and Esgallhugwen, forming Gil-Galads Angels, originally named Gil-Galads Black Turnips of major-and-hurtful doom
I prefer the original name .

As for predictions I will continue to sidle in and read the CbC discussions before sidling out again due to being terrified by davem and his intense posting.

TGWBS will go on a major recruiting campaign for the Quenya thread, not stopping until he has an entire fora devoted to it and at least as many male learners as female.

Eomer will have his nubbin removed resulting in a memorial service for the loss of one of the finest captioners the Downs has.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:14 AM   #42
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
And...

Quote:
Gil-Galad will join forces with Nimrodel_9, Kath and Esgallhugwen, forming Gil-Galads Angels, originally named Gil-Galads Black Turnips of major-and-hurtful doom
and Hookbill the Goomba will insist on joining as Bosley, but will fall down a manhole the very first day
Old 07-13-2005, 07:49 AM   #43
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Gill, I have no idea what the angband you are talking about... I'm not even sure what a "Bosley” is, so I'll assume it was abuse.

In the future of the downs, Gil-gallad will explode for no reason... and there was much rejoicing! no offence Gil.

The Saucepan man will still refuse to cook anything or let anyone use his pans.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 07-15-2005 at 07:48 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #44
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
TGWBS will go on a major recruiting campaign for the Quenya thread, not stopping until he has an entire fora devoted to it and at least as many male learners as female.
What do you mean, will go. I'm on it now, aren't I?

The fora isn't really an issue. But men - sign up now I shall decapitate you... I NEED MEN, DARN IT!!

Eventually, B-W will become bored of repetitive threads and go insane. He'll start off small, neg-repping people for no reason, then build up to nonsense posts. Eventually he'll be created 10 ridiculous threads per hour. People will leave and he will be satisfied...

Small monkeys may also invade the Downs.

Various Barrow-Girls will form an official Eomer fansite.

Feanor will start up her own fansite in rivalry.

Eventually, Encaitare will be an old crone.

I shall force all the Quenya students to swear fealty to me, then lead an assault on the Houses of Parliament to instate Quenya as Britain's official language. We will be locked up, and the Downs deprived of our presence.

Some men will volunteer to learn Quenya. If they don't, TGWBS will force them to through blackmail and intrigue... *where's that evil smiley, darn it*
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #45
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Eventually, there will come a time that Eomer of the Rohirrim shall live until the end of a game of WW.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:32 AM   #46
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I was just about to make that exact same post.

Maybe all the original Downers will come back to fight for their annexed realm. Methods would include cruel putdowns of any new thread.

O, I also predict that I will unintentionally offend more people by posting ill-placed jokes.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #47
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
I will be given new powers, and I will bring chaos to the internet, as I seek to increase new membership to the Downs by 1000%. This will lead to the Downs becoming the most visited site on the Internet, prompting the UN to recognize the Downs as its own nation-state.

Or...

All will remain the same, for a very, very long time.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #48
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Eventually, there will come a time that Eomer of the Rohirrim shall live until the end of a game of WW.
Quote:
I was just about to make that exact same post.
It's like one of my old sigs: If you're too smart you're too smart for your own good & you're going to get killed unless you make yourself very suspicious - and then you'll probably be lynched .

I better add a prediction onto this: Some day I will play in another WW game.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:19 AM   #49
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Sting

Quote:
Eventually, B-W will become bored of repetitive threads and go insane. He'll start off small, neg-repping people for no reason, then build up to nonsense posts. Eventually he'll be created 10 ridiculous threads per hour. People will leave and he will be satisfied...
Now that will be something to see!

Quote:
Various Barrow-Girls will form an official Eomer fansite.
There's an idea....

Quote:
I better add a prediction onto this: Some day I will play in another WW game.
Yes! Me too! And this time I won't get lynched! Hahahaha!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:16 AM   #50
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I predict that one day I shall return to the Green Dragon RPG. But that’s not going to be any time soon.

I also predict that I will eventually buy / steal / make my own Barrow Downs t-shirt! Also, Gill-gallad will show his face on the *New* B-downs photo page!
Old 07-14-2005, 03:10 PM   #51
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I predict that one day I will be an innocent in a WW game and not be killed on the first day!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #52
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

You being a Guardian and being killed right away seems to be a recurring theme, Kath.

I predict that in some future Werewolf game, Eomer will no longer be an ordinary villager.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:09 AM   #53
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I predict that one day there will be an Invitational Tol-in-Gaurhoth with selected members of long-winded and argumentative status. One game will exceed the length of Crazy Captions.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:19 AM   #54
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I predict that some day, hopefully in the far future, there will no longer be any serious discussions taking place on the forum and Esty will join a werewolf game in desperation, just to be posting again...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:22 AM   #55
Gil-Galad

i predict that Hookbill will never understand my puns and continue to try to make himself better over me...
Old 07-15-2005, 07:22 AM   #56
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I predict that Esty will give in to the insatiable urge quite a lot earlier and join up just to see what all the fun is about. I predict that this will happen during WWVII. I also predict that nobody will know what to do with her, so she will last to the end of the game. If she is a wolf, she will win.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:46 AM   #57
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I predict that Hookbill will refuse to be drawn into an insult contest with Gilgallad. Ha ha ha!

Moreover, I predict that there will one day erupt a war on the downs between the Wings and non wings Balrog theorists. This war will last for three years until the Downs are flattened out into a vast plane and the final battle occurs in which all seems lost of the non-winged side until the Bombadill theorists ride in on lumpkins and thwart the Wingers!
Old 07-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #58
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Eventually WW signatures will be remembered only by old members as a fad that happened long ago, such as the latin and eeenie-meenie-miney-moe ones are now thought of.

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 07-19-2005 at 11:46 AM. Reason: forgot a space
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:37 AM   #59
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Someday in the not-so-distant future...

...starting a poll will be called "pulling a Fordim."
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:18 AM   #60
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.

...and everytime someone is said to "Pulls a Fordim" or "Pulls an HI", Fordim and HI will demand royalties.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:49 AM   #61
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Eventually, The Barrow Wight will get so fed up of People asking, "Who is Bombadill" and "Do Balrogs have wings" that he will invent a Time machine and find out. Good for him!

Also, in the year 2150, after the Dalek invasion of earth, the barrow Downs will become the world’s primary source of information and knowledge. Far surpassing its closet rival, the Encyclopaedia of Arda. :P
Old 07-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #62
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I will die.

T'is a fated world, and t'is fated that I shall die.

~With a free will,

Formendacil~
Old 07-19-2005, 01:41 PM   #63
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
~Elennar Starfire will get a faster internet connection, start coming back every day again, and join a Werewolf game.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:45 PM   #64
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
More Goths, More Goths and Morgoth

I predict that The King of Arda, Melkor will return at the head of an army dressed all in black, and outlaw this elven propaganda site.

P.S I may be wrong, As I once thought Screaming Lord Sutch would be Prime Minister.
narfforc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:50 PM   #65
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wilwa will finaly figure out exactely how the Werewolf games actually work and attempt one.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:49 PM   #66
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

tgwbs will have dreamt of every single active BDer.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:20 AM   #67
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Lhunardawen will eventually be a werewolf, allowing a whole load of lunar-Lhuna jokes and puns to be made.

Tgwbs's BDer dreams will start coming back... (it must have been a week since the last one! )

The phantom will return and see how popular his thread has been. This will be the cause of his ego growth.

Kath and tgwbs will become the new Fea and the phantom.

Eventually, everything that could have been discussed about the Books and Movies, and every question a newcomer could ask, will have been discussed and answered. These forums will turn into archives and be abandoned. The only forums to live on will be Mirth, by which time we will be addressing questions such as "Would the fellowship have succeeded if Gimli were a small apple pie?" (These would primarily have been created by the Barrow Wight after his lamentable descent into lunacy.)
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #68
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
I will die.

T'is a fated world, and t'is fated that I shall die.

~With a free will,

Formendacil~
I will attempt to choose my own death, have it tweaked by Eru, still think it's my choice, and die accompanied only by Fordim Hedgethistle.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:48 PM   #69
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
The only forums to live on will be Mirth, by which time we will be addressing questions such as "Would the fellowship have succeeded if Gimli were a small apple pie?" (These would primarily have been created by the Barrow Wight after his lamentable descent into lunacy.)
*assumes stuffy scholar voice* Clearly the Fellowship would have suffered a severe loss were Gimli a small apple pie, because undoubtedly he would have been consumed by Pippin early in the story. On the other hand Gimli is not commonly acknowledged as the most vital member of the Fellowship and therefore the Quest itself might not have been adversely affected. Some might say that one single orc Gimli might have slain could have killed Aragorn, thus effectively destroying the plot of the Lord of the Rings as we know it, and having Gimli around even in the form of a small apple pie would have kept the plot in order. I say to these naysayers, have you ever seen a small apple pie slay anyone? Granted, he could have thrown himself down the throat of an orc in a selfless display of heroics, and choked the creature to death. But even then he would have perished in the act, leaving us in precisely the same situation as before -- a Fellowship sans Gimli. What does this mean? "Even the wisest cannot tell."

See? We can still have [semi]serious discussion about silly things if we all assume stuffy scholar voices.

Last edited by Encaitare; 11-04-2005 at 09:13 AM. Reason: fixing tags
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:34 PM   #70
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I predict that one day this forum will contain 1,000,000 posts. The current count is at 335,933, and will become 335,934 once I submit this post.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:55 AM   #71
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwbs
Lhunardawen will eventually be a werewolf, allowing a whole load of lunar-Lhuna jokes and puns to be made.
Just think of the deaths one could come up with!

The Books and Mirth and the whole forum will be filled with poll threads, and every BDer will look to polls for a highly effective method of reconciling ideas under debate.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-21-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #72
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Maybe Inktomi Slurp Spider will rise from the dead and lead his spider minions to Great Battle with The Barrow-Wight, who had originally killed him (with the aid of Galadriel) and taken his lands.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:40 AM   #73
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Maybe Inktomi Slurp Spider will rise from the dead and lead his spider minions to Great Battle with The Barrow-Wight, who had originally killed him (with the aid of Galadriel) and taken his lands.
Nay, by the omnipotence of the great Barrow-Wight, forever they shall remain as wandering critters.

Roggie of Morgoth will become a more active BDer, scaling the heights of rep points by the sheer allure of his black eyeliner.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:47 PM   #74
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I believe, as does Eomer, that a day shall come when Inktomi is no longer afraid of Galadriel's Phial. [S]he shall rise again, and, with the aid of BaiDu Bot and MSNBot (perhaps Googlebot as well?) with their legions of Guests, they will conquer the worl-- I mean 'Downs.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:22 PM   #75
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

The eyeliner trend will sweep the Downs and mark12_30 will chuckle long and loud.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:26 PM   #76
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I believe that one day, in a time not so far from never, Eomer and Mario will reconcile their differences and Mario will appear in avatar form as a token of Eomer's affection.

I believe that a wave of foreign language signatures will entirely wipe out WW ones...at least until the next game (fully of quotable members, as it were) ends. Those who actually go through the trouble of translating these signatures will stare in wonder. They will, with any luck, keep their findings secret. They will keep them safe. And not in the Shire.

I believe that all of the photos on Tig's page will systematically be replaced by artistically enhanced versions.

I believe that one day, one of our members will step forward and admit to being Christopher Lee. Actually, I believe that if Saruman's alter ego were a member, he'd never reveal his identity for fear of either becoming the center of attention for such great portrayal of Saruman, or the center of attention because he's a fan and should have told PJ where to stuff some of his less brilliant ideas (why, oh why, did Arwen have to steal Glorfindel's horse?).

Speaking of that, I believe that I should head over to Esty's thread and post how I believe that Sharku is Christopher Lee.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #77
Gil-Galad

More Downers will post about my Avatars and Signatures...because i have excellent taste in Avvies?
Old 07-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #78
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! A personal prediction.

I'll come back to CbC and make good posts.

It's a worthy enough ambition.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:09 PM   #79
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Can I already start pointless jabbering...

The Downs will get into the Guinness World Records book due to an amazing dedication to Werewolfing: a hundred games in a row! After that everyone's so sick of it that anyone who mentiones it gets banned.

Werewolvers will start using "Werewolf" as a verb.

Thog The Avenger will get eleven green boxes under his [her?] name.

Quenya students, mainly TGWBS, will make a bill for getting Quenya to England's second official language. (They don't succeed.)
Old 07-25-2005, 12:12 PM   #80
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Quenya students, mainly TGWBS, will make a bill for getting Quenya to England's second official language. (They don't succeed.)
Possibly not. But we will succeed in getting education boards to recgonise it so qualifications can be got in it.