The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2007, 06:56 AM   #161
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If I am wrong, truly I am sorry but I am going "all in" - I think is the term but no doubt my Poker guru will correct me if wrong. Holby is you are a wolf - well played my friend.

I will abstain.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:56 AM   #162
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
That is not fair Fea waving my drug of choice before my nose...... Mayhem is my natural state...
I apologize... I am unnecessarily cruel at heart.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:57 AM   #163
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Holby, I am innocent ..quite well wrong.... but innocent...

Old 08-03-2007, 06:58 AM   #164
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I mean maybe quite well wrong .... and now am going. One way or another this is the end ...... *closes eyes and hopes for the best*

Old 08-03-2007, 06:59 AM   #165
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Casually waits two minutes to make sure there's no last minute change of heart.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:02 AM   #166
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

The Day is over. Any further posts will result in broken fingers and a lot of frowning.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #167
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

The two laugh during the day, though only where their voices cannot be heard.

The village, it would seem, hosts many descendants of Seers, for as the day passes, several more step forth.

CaptainofDespair steps forth looking mildly bashful, admitting he maybe should have revealed himself sooner, but had hoped to find another wolf. And lo! he had, for he reveals Holby as a wrongdoer, as well as Gil-Galad.

Gil-Galad, in his turn, jumps to his feet and cries many things, not least of which is "No! I'm the true Seer!"

As the village watches, he points a shaking finger toward CaptainofDespair and Kath, sweet Kath, who has gone mostly unnoticed in this village. Kath and Cap meet each others' eyes, raising dubious eyebrows.

Holby, from her modest perch upon the side of the well, says, "This is ridiculous. We cannot possibly have so many Seers. Unless perhaps one of the evil ones is also possessed with Sight..."

Her thinking aloud trails to silence and she identifies CaptainofDespair with as much certainty as her previous assertions about Wolfpan.

Mithalwen closes her eyes, craving mayhem, trying with everything in her to remain calm, collected, and beyond addiction.

The wolves smile. A mistake today means one thing: their planning has paid off. The village is theirs.

SeerofDespair votes for Seer-Galad. Kath quietly attaches her vote to the least stable member of the village.

HolbytSeer campaigns for CapSeer, admitting no knowledge of the final wolf.

Mithalwen sits shaking, seeing the mayhem she so desires within reach.

Seer-Galad votes for CapSeer, convinced of his guilt.

The confusion is tangible. Ghost laughter fills the air. Mithalwen is frozen.

The sun sets upon a tied village, with Mithalwen abstaining from both voting and chaos.

CapSeer grins. Seer-Galad winces; his ruse has not helped the village.

CapWolf's claws extend, his teeth lengthen, and his frame converts to one devoid of humanity. He dashes toward Gildinary Villager and proceeds to mangle his flesh with all available weapons. The rest of the village jumps to help, just slightly too late. Gil is dead, with a branch shoved through his chest, his face mutilated beyond recognition. Yet also dead is CaptainofDespair, his mouth dripping blood.

---

The three villagers step away from the mess, eyes searching for a sweeter sight than the pile of dripping flesh beside them.

As they walk toward the village, Mithalwen hears a whisper in her ear. "Thank you."

She begins to turn and the wolf behind her snaps her neck, letting her fall.

Holby speaks. "You know, Kath, I never expected to live this long."

"But our ruse worked so prettily. All we needed was enough uncertainty for the village to ruin itself. It was beautiful, was it not?"

"From the very beginning, you worked to destablize our community. The Saucepan Man told us of the threat... he's the one who filled the people with terror."

"He told the truth."

"Mangled in such a way as to help your evil cause!"

Kath grins. "Certainly. We wolves are opportunists. Why work to destroy a village when we can watch it tear itself apart from a distance?"

Holby sighs. "So this is the end?"

"Did you doubt it would end this way?"

"Doubt? No. But it is a mark of the brave and the good to have hope even where certainty fails."

"Hope is a fool's game."

"Hope is all there is." she says simply.

Kath leans in, admiring one single shimmering claw as it extends in the moonlight. "Then hope for an afterlife, pretty Seer."

---

The victory is not as sweet as she might have hoped. Kath walks through the graveyard in her human form, eying so many fresh mounds. She pauses beside the graves of Wolfpan and Wolftain, letting tears fall. Opportunistic they may be, and though they may sacrifice one for the good of the many... wolves belong to packs. And Kath stands amongst the moonlit headstones, eying the end.

She wipes her tears and moves on, leaving the village forever, a lone wolf to carry on.

She will find another village, more villagers willing to bear the torment that is being half-human. She will turn them. She will build another pack. Perhaps in the next village, their win will be sweeter, with less blood and tears. Perhaps next time every villager will become pack.

For is that not what everyone desires? A pack of many; a pack of all.

World peace.

---

Dead

Night One: Boromir88 (scholar) and Fea (wife)
Day One: Legate (innocent), Durelin (innocent), Menel (innocent)
Night Two: Brinniel (innocent)
Day Two: Shasta (innocent)
Night Two: Lalwendë (innocent)
Day Three: The Saucepan Man (wolf)
Night Three: the phantom (innocent)
Day Four: Captainof Despair (wolf) and Gil-Galad (innocent)
Night Four: Mithalwen (innocent) and Holby (Seer)

Alive

Kath

---

WOLVES WIN
Old 08-03-2007, 08:29 AM   #168
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
That was FABULOUS!!
Very, very impressive strategy dear wolves. I believe a(n) historical moment, actually letting the seer live. My hat off to you three.
It is over and I can stop shaking now.

It was fun being on the brink and having things so uncertain-at least for us villagers.

Thank you mods, Feanor and Boromir.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #169
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh dear... I am sorry .....

Kath, if ever I send you another bottle, be very careful Ducky darling.... You really are my bane - what a fool I was to think I had learnt to read you....

Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #170
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
CaptainofDespair, congratulations! I know he ended up dead but the Seer revelation was entirely his idea and he carried it off beautifully. Holby, you have that brave man to thank for your extra Day, he's got guts!

Quote:
Kath, if ever I send you another bottle, be very careful Ducky darling.... You really are my bane - what a fool I was to think I had learnt to read you....
I'll get it tested first I promise. But don't sell yourself short Mith, had I actually been able to be around those couple of Days your prediction that I'd be more involved would have been entirely true.

Fea, that was a beautiful final narration. Kudos to you and Boro for having great ones throughout!

Oh man that was a fun game. I so wish I'd had more time.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #171
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
sigh... as long as i took down a wolf with me i am happy...

captain your mistake was to pretend to be a gifted, the only people that do that is innocents who don't care anymore or wolves thinking they are clever. when you stated i was a wolf i knew that was false and so did the real seer! you put yourself in a trap!

this was a fun game... full of seers...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #172
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

This was really brilliant guys. It was so much fun.

I honestly think the best games for modding are simple no-frills games.

I thought you'd all kick it day two, what with that triple lynching on the first. And not a single wolf in it!

Holby, you should have seen B88 and I cracking up that you'd nailed all three wolves by accident in your first goofy post. First post of the game, and the Seer's pegged everyone. And then Gil, lying through his teeth and still pegging the proper wolves in the end...

Fantastic.

Great job, everybody.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #173
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post

Holby, you should have seen B88 and I cracking up that you'd nailed all three wolves by accident in your first goofy post. First post of the game, and the Seer's pegged everyone. And then Gil, lying through his teeth and still pegging the proper wolves in the end...
i was like the best seer without the seer powers... to be honest i went over most of the past posts and found mith and holby most innocent, while kath and captain were wolves. i knew captain was a wolf for sure when he first stated i was a wolf when i was innocent... so i played along with it and went as a seer
Old 08-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #174
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Excellent game, all of you!

Kath, take some credit for yourself! Without you, I could not have pulled off the double lynch to end the game. And you did suggest leaving Mithalwen alive, who turned out to be very useful towards that end.

Gil, you misunderstand my motives. I had no intention of living past the lynching. You were my target of wolfdom because I figured on you reacting in a necessary fashion to get lynched with me (though, I did not think you'd go fake Seer on me).

Holby, excellent Seer'ing! Nothing more to say than that.

Fea, Boro: Great modding! I especially loved that last narration!
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #175
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainofDespair View Post

Gil, you misunderstand my motives. I had no intention of living past the lynching. You were my target of wolfdom because I figured on you reacting in a necessary fashion to get lynched with me (though, I did not think you'd go fake Seer on me).
i only did that because i knew you were playing off of my reactionary methods... so to spice it up i put you more on the spot, or at least attempted too, i think about what i say more then you all think i do... i am an actor at heart so i know how to play my roles...
Old 08-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #176
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Holby, you should have seen B88 and I cracking up that you'd nailed all three wolves by accident in your first goofy post. First post of the game, and the Seer's pegged everyone.
LOL!! I forgot about that. maybe the seer-role is actually rubbing off on me since it is my 473rd time . Did it startle you wolves?

Now I don't feel too bad because wolves did win but SpM would have lasted longer at least in dreams but they killed off so many in the beginning. There were handful of people that I had never played and would have dreamt of them. Besides, I really was looking for a friend....
Thanks Phantom for backing me up even though it cost you your life.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #177
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Congrats, guys.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #178
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass View Post
Did it startle you wolves?
Truthfully? A little. I wasn't expecting someone to put all three of us in one post. You felt odd to me, right off the bat for that. But I couldn't explain it.

And I suspect that's why I guessed you were the Seer when we wolves chose Lal as our kill. I mentioned your quietness being our doom, as you'd be a more dangerous Seer than any more vocal player. But we went with Lal, and you killed Sauce the next day.

Though, I would not change it now, knowing what happens. I enjoyed our little game of "Who is the Real Seer" far too much.

Last edited by CaptainofDespair; 08-04-2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Word choice and such
Old 08-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #179
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I'll get it tested first I promise. But don't sell yourself short Mith, had I actually been able to be around those couple of Days your prediction that I'd be more involved would have been entirely true.
I guess you should never ease up on the paranoia.... After the ducks game I always suspected you but then there were so many when you were the busy innocent that I relaxed thought your oops I forgot ..routine was a bit convenient ... unfortunately everyone else I had thought probably innocent - Dury, Menel, Shasta, Phantom, had been proved so by their deaths ~I had thought my instincts were good this time. Also if I had played it safe and voted, and chosen CofD...I really honestly don't think I would have tried to lynch you today... Gil was really not behaving like an innocent..to put it mildly.... heigh ho....

Old 08-04-2007, 04:27 AM   #180
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
thought your oops I forgot ..routine was a bit convenient
And yet completely true. I got woken up early so mum could take us out for a walk and lunch and it wasn't until we left the cafe that I realised I was supposed to be at home on the computer!

Quote:
I really honestly don't think I would have tried to lynch you today.
I am very pleased to hear it. It would have been nice to go on an extra Day, except that I hate being a wolf by myself.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:33 AM   #181
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well at least we can enjoyt he weekend..thought I finally have my "new" car ..playing WW when you have no home access and no transport was a nightmare.....

Last edited by Mithalwen; 08-04-2007 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #182
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up Hehe. Still unbeaten as a Wolf. :)

I cannot believe that Holby was the Seer again!

The first time that I modded, she was the Seer and also the first time that I was a Wolf, and I think that she has been a Seer two other times as well. When I was a Wolf, by sheer chance, we killed her the first Night. So, at least she got a chance to wreak her vengeance upon me this time round.

A short but sweet game, and congratulations to my fellow Wolves. I could not believe it when I logged on on Day 3 to see that you had left Holby alive. A bold strategy, but one which paid off (albeit with a little help from the wild card that is Gil-Galad ).

Congratulations also to the villagers, and particularly Holby, since you rallied well after a shaky start. I knew that I had little chance of surviving once you revealed and outed me as a Wolf, Holby, but I had to give it a go. As phantom rightly observed, it would have been too much of a coincidence to declare myself as the Seer (although it would have made four Seer declarations in the game), so I pinned my hope on the cautious "real Seer" approach.

I shall post our Wolfish plotting from Nights 1 and 2 as, with Kath absent for Night 1, there is not too much of it. That, I hope, will explain our kill choices on both those Nights and also why I felt unable to go for the quadruple lynch at the end of Day 2.

In the meantime, many thanks to Fea and Boro for modding such a great game. I must admit that I was somewhat daunted to be a Wolf yet again, as I had less time available to me than I would have liked (hence my relative quietness). But it was great fun nonetheless.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #183
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye Night 1 Wolfish plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Wolf
Greetings fellow Wolves. [Smilie]

Well that went rather well, didn't it? Completely fortuitous of course. I had no idea about Mith's vote when I cast mine and fully expected at least one of the other three votes to come in before the deadline.

I might come under some pressure for having caused the tie, but Mith's in the same boat, and I can quite genunely disavow any intention to create a tie.

So, who to kill?

It doesn't look like the Seer had a dream before the game begun, although we can't be sure. Assuming not, however, it will be difficult to find any Seer clues in the Day 1 proceedings. I certainly have no idea.

My first instinct is to do away with the phantom, as he is such a danger. But he would expect me to go for him, so leaving him be might help get him on my side. If he is the Seer, he is quite likely to dream of me, but that would at least help us spot him. In any event, I would prefer to leave him alive for now. If he's not the Seer, I think that I can probably build up a rapport with him, which would work greatly in out favour.

Mith's a possibility, as she has a knack of spotting a Wolfish Sauce, but I think that I would be able to tell if she was the Seer. Lal's also a possibility, but I haven't played with her before, so would prefer to keep her alive.

Gil and Shasta we should leave, unless they exhibit Seer tendencies, as they are distinct lynch possibilities for the erratic behaviour and quietness. No point in killing Holby, as she is away for Day 2.

Which I think leaves Brinniel, who I think is a distinct possibility for our kill. She didn't say a lot, voted Menel, and she could even be the Seer. She would be my pick, but would like to hear your thoughts.

With best wishes from your partner in crime.
So, Holby's Day 2 absence put her out of the running for the Night 1 kill and I must admit that I saw nothing Seerish in her Day 1 contributions. It seems that I was wrong and that she had already had a dream, and dreamed of me, before the game started. She did well not to give it away, as we would probably have gone for her on Night 1 had there been any indication that she thought me a Wolf. Her first post, naming all three Wolves, I took to be mere early game banter, and so didn't really think much more of it until I tried to use it on Day 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf of Despair
I'll agree to that idea. I'm not really picking up any sort of feeling from anyone else at the moment, and I doubt I will since it is only Day/Night 1.

If nothing else strikes me in the time from the sending of this message to the near-end of the Night, I'll surely be on-board for killing Brinniel tonight.
Quote:
OK, unless Kath has any strong views, I'll PM Brinniel's name to Fea and B88 about an hour before the deadline.

Any thoughts on strategy? Given what happened on Day 1, I suggest simply playing it by ear again. I accused you both early on yesterDay with a view to distancing us. I might continue toMorrow if the opportunity presents itself and it doesn't look like either of you are in danger of being lynched. Of course, if either of you are in serious danger of being lynched I won't hesitate to vote for you. [Wink]

Then again, you should do the same if the roles are reversed.

Other than that, I guess it's just a matter of holding our collective nerve and keeping an eye out for the Seer. I'm going to try to get the phantom on side. Gil and Shasta are probably our best bets for lynch victims, though we shouldn't be too obvious about it. I might have a pop at Lal too, given her suggestion that, had she voted, she wouldn't have broken the tie.

On another subject, I wonder which of us is which in the narratives. I suspect that Kath was the one who claimed the prophetic dream, while CoD and I did away with Legate and Menel. [Big Grin]

Adios amigos.
Well, I was wrong about the narrative. Seemingly, it was me who claimed to have the prophetic dream. I loved that final narrative, by the way, Fea.

Well, that's it for Night 1 plotting. Brinniel was chosen as she left little trail, and also on the off-chance that she might have been the Seer. I, for one, could see no clear clues as to the Seer's identity on Day 1.

Oh and, as I said, that triple tie was sheer luck. But it couldn't have gone better, had I tried.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #184
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye Night 2 Wolfish plotting

Quote:
Another good day at the coal face. [Big Grin]

ToMorrow, we will be facing 4 innocents, and we may even get the Seer toNight if we are lucky.

I'm a bit annoyed with cross-posting with the phantom on that last minute vote, as I would have preferred to have killed Lal to Shasta. But I couldn't risk looking like I was trying to create another multiple lynch, and I couldn't look like I trusted phantom too much either.

I could, of course, have gone for the mutliple tie and possibly ended the game then and there, but where would the fun have been in that? [Wink]

So, toNight's kill? Any ideas on who might be the Seer? It looks like Lal was thinking Mith might be, but I don't see it myself. I shall have to review, but it doesn't look like the Seer has spotted one of us yet.

I would prefer to leave the phantom alive for now, unless anyone thinks he might be the Seer. I can't see it myself, but I wouldn't put it past Fea to confer Seership on him. Other than that, my current thinking is either Mithalwen or Lalwende. I would lean towards Mith, as she has attracted very little suspicion, whereas Lal has been under more pressure. And who knows, perhaps Lal is right about her being the Seer.

Any thoughts?

~The Saucepan Wolf~

PS I am unlikely to be around at the deadline tomorrow so would one of you be able to send the kill choice to Fea and Boro? If not, I will have to send them the kill choice early.
Still hadn't spotted Holby as the Seer, although that's probably 'cos she hadn't posted anything more in the meantime.

Quote:
Bad Wolf!

Sauce, we had it!

Victory was so close! A Quintuple lynch, plus our kill tonight would have meant easy pickings the next day.

*sulks*

I'm disappointed in your lack of "go get 'em" spirit. [Wink]
The possibility of the quadruple/quintuple lynch did of course occur to me. Given the opportunity, I would have thought long and hard about it. But it would have been terribly unsporting (and Nogrod would most definately have disapproved ). Still, phantom played well there and effectively denied me the opportunity, or at least made me risk looking very Wolfish if I went for it and failed.

Quote:
Hehe. I'm playing the 'long game'. Which hopefully means wrapping up the victory toMorrow. [Big Grin]

But seriously, with phantom holding his vote right 'til the end, I couldn't risk it. Had he voted for one of those who already had a vote, I would have ended up looking very Wolfish.

We do really need to kill the Seer toNight though, if we can. There is a good chance that he or she will dream of one of us toNight, which will cause us problems toMorrow if he/she is still alive.

Our choices are as follows:

Gil
Holby
phantom
Mithalwen
Lalwende

I find it very unlikely that Gil is the Seer, unless he was being very clever with that vote for Boro.

It's possible that Holby is the Seer, but it would be practically impossible to spot her with her being out of the action toDay. I do think that her opening post of Day 1 was probably too bold for a Seer, though.

If phantom was the Seer, I am almost certain that he would have dreamed of me on Night 1, as he would want to know whether to trust me or not.

Which leaves Mith and Lal. Mith suspected Lal and Holby and voted for the latter. She did not give any indication that she thought anyone innocent. I would expect a Seer to leave some kind of a hint in case she was killed.

Lal, on the other hand, posted favourably about Kath, me and Mithalwen. It wouldn't surprise me if, as a Seer, she dreamed of Mithalwen on Night 1.

So I am now leaning towards killing Lal, as the most likely Seer.

Would welcome your thoughts, though.
Quote:
I'm currently leaning towards Lal or Holby as good kill prospects. Mithalwen does not seem too...threatening...at the moment.

Lal is certainly a good target, since she is rather vocal. But her posts seem to be...less and less helpful to the village. She seems to be playing the middle ground, able to backtrack when needed, perhaps hoping we don't see her as a Seer (if she is one, of course)

Holby's quietness would make her an excellent pick, since there is no decent trail to trace back to us. And if she is the Seer, perhaps her silence will be more dangerous in the long run. In leaving her alive because she has been unavailable, she could return with a fair amount of dream-knowledge in tow. This, if she has anything, could lead to one or more of us meeting a quick demise.

That of course is speculation, as there is little there to put to analysis.

For now, I'll say we can go with putting Lal under the maw. If I think of anything else, or this "decision" changes, I'll let you know.

Oh, and I can send the mods our decision tomorrow morning before I leave for work. Just make sure to let me know well before 7:30am EST. I leave for work right around that time.
Bah! If only I had gone with CoD's instincts, we would have got the Seer on Night 2. But Lal looked more Seerish to me. And I must admit that the fact that Holvy has been the Seer so many times played on my mind. That and her bold first post, which you can see played an important part in my thinking. Had I known that she had dreamed before Day 1, it might have influenced me more the other way.

Quote:
OK, I'm happy with killing Lal. Looking back over the thread, I think there's a good chance that she is the Seer.

Just to be sure, I shall PM Fea and Boro now and tell them that our kill will be Lalwende, unless they hear any
different from either of you two before the deadline. I wouldn't want to risk missing our kill.

As I won't be on-line again before Day 3 starts, here's something that I wanted to mention. It's fairly obvious, but I'll say it anyway. All we need toMorrow is one innocent to vote for another innocent and, if we add our three votes, we have won.

Good luck, my friends. [Smilie]
I knew that, if Lal wasn't the Seer, there was a good chance that one of us would have been spotted by the Seer and that, given the situation, the Seer would probably reveal. I also knew that there was a reasonable chance that it would be me who was unmasked. But I was also fairly sure at that point that Lal was the Seer.

I shall have to leave it to Kath or CoD to reveal their Night 3 plotting.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #185
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye Night 2 Wolfish Plotting (cont)

Oops! I forgot these ones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathWolf
Hi! My apologies for not being around nightly since this began, just a bit of bad timing. May I just say though, congratulations so far! A triple innocent lynch Day 1, incredible!

As to toNight, I'd be happy with killing Lal. I've read over the posts from the last two Days and Mith doesn't look Gifted to me, though she may have learnt to cover it better, and Holby hasn't been around enough to gain much of a view on her. So yes, Lal is good.

Let's just hope this luck continues!
Quote:
Hey Kath, good to have you back with us.

OK, I have PM'd the Mods and asked them to take Lal as our kill unless they hear differently from one of you before the deadline.

So, if you have any major brainwave and both agree on an alternative kill, I am happy to go along with it.

If not, and you get the opportunity Captain, it may be worth confirming Lal as our kill anyway before you head off for work.

No particular strategy for toMorrow, other than to pile all of our the votes on to any innocent that another innocent votes for. If Lal's not the Seer, and the real Seer dreams of one of us and reveals, it could get tricky. But let's not panic if that happens. We may have to sacrifice one of our number in that situation, but at least those that remain will know who the Seer is.

All the best.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #186
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Fun game, everyone. A pity it was shortened by that day one fiasco.

CoD... that was bold. And you played it well. You really sold it. I'm not terribly familiar with your playing style, and so I wasn't sure what to think for a while. I wrestled with it and banged my head against the wall. I did, after long thought, side with Holby- primarily because I did not believe that SPMWolf would advocate the strategy we had witnessed the day before if Holby had indeed been a WW. But know that I was not 100% certain. There was doubt, so I pat you on the back for creating uncertainly about something that there should have been no uncertainty about.

That last day really threw my suspicions for a loop. Going into the final day my primary suspects were Mith and Kath. Not that I thought you to be completely innocent, CoD, but I was more suspicious of the other two. But as the last day unfolded, your Seer announcement and the reactions surrounding it bumped Mith off my suspect list and placed you on it, but then Gil quite forcefully elbowed his way onto the suspect list, which bumped Kath into the innocent column.

I can't tell you how badly I wanted to jump on and post all throughout the day! I didn't think for a minute that I wouldn't be alive for the fun. Leave me alive next time!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #187
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Leave me alive next time!
Perhaps we will.

Though, I did get a good degree of satisfaction in choosing you as my target that last night.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:47 AM   #188
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post

That last day really threw my suspicions for a loop. Going into the final day my primary suspects were Mith and Kath. Not that I thought you to be completely innocent, CoD, but I was more suspicious of the other two. But as the last day unfolded, your Seer announcement and the reactions surrounding it bumped Mith off my suspect list and placed you on it, but then Gil quite forcefully elbowed his way onto the suspect list, which bumped Kath into the innocent column.

You comfort me. Gil was so obviously lying about being a seer that it seemed impossible he was innocent .. so Kath was able to slip through.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 AM   #189
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Note One: All roles were selected by a random number generator I found online. My only real role as mod was to write up narratives and keep my inbox clear. As for writing...

I tried very hard not to leave any clues in the stories. It's obnoxious, trying to avoid 'he' as the universal pronoun when you know the village will jump on the mod-slip first thing in the Morning...

My favorite bit of it was the end. I took one look at the solitary Kath mourning her lost pack in the graveyard and wanted to go back and edit every single post to better accomodate that one image. The premise would have been more in the style of Heinlein's work (though hopefully better written ) with the wolf pack representing the communist threat...

Oh, it would have been great...

I could still do it, I suppose... Recreate the story around the premise that the wolves are trying to convert all the world into one loving cooperative For the Greater Good pack...
Old 08-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #190
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh, I shouldn't tell you this Sauce, but it is when you are a cobbler I find you easiest to spot.... you don't seem quite so convincing when you don't know whose side you are on.....

Great narrations by both mods.... modding is somuch more fun than playing...

The Mithamegalomaniac

Old 08-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #191
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Well after dipping my hand into modding, I must say it was great fun. I just wish I could be more committed on a daily basis so I could do it 'full time'

Also, I would like to tell the Wolves just excellent job, I really loved the tricks and games all three of you played. I wondered the same thing as Holby...why isn't she dead? But your plan was just so cunning and so evil I really wanted you wolves to pull it off.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:49 AM   #192
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That was rather good fun Though disappointingly short for me this time around. So when's the next game then???!!!

I am now aware of how sneakily Sauce plays, which shall be useful in future (mua-ha-ha) and am more scared than ever of Phantom and Kath. I knew Mithalwen was innocent though, so my instincts proved correct there at least!
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #193
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
and am more scared than ever of Phantom and Kath
Well, Kath I understand seeing as she devoured our village, but me? I was but a simple Ordo. CoD was the other devil.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #194
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
That was rather good fun Though disappointingly short for me this time around. So when's the next game then???!!!

I am now aware of how sneakily Sauce plays, which shall be useful in future (mua-ha-ha) and am more scared than ever of Phantom and Kath. I knew Mithalwen was innocent though, so my instincts proved correct there at least!
Mwaha! Lal is truly hooked now. Hope you do live longer next game, I'd love a chance to play with you properly without that pesky being on opposite sides and trying to kill each other thing.