The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2018, 02:30 AM   #1
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
House Finwë Plays Werewolf

(Around the time of the Dagor Aglareb, in Barad Eithel, Minas Tirith, Vinyamar, Himring, and sundry other locations across the North.)

(Spinning out of the Password game thread, and inspired by Nerwen.)
  • Celegorm and Curufin are always accused of collusion - except when they actually are wolves together.
  • Orodreth is infamous for the time he drew Seer, yet still ended up voting with a confirmed wolf to lynch a confirmed villager.
  • The one time Idril played, the game ended on Day One; it turns out having an actual Seer present makes things rather easy.
  • Celebrimbor only ever hosts weird, off-the-wall variants. He says he's trying to perfect the rules, but it never seems to work.
  • Aredhel is always supremely confident in her suspicions. She's not often right, but by Tulkas she's confident.
  • Finrod is actually worryingly bad at the game: he has a tendency to trust everyone, and is always surprised to be killed.
  • Fingolfin only plays occasionally, and the others aren't sure he really gets it - they're half convinced he thinks they're actually secret werewolves.
  • Turgon plays his hand close to his chest. Extremely close. He has never once revealed any readings he had as a Seer.
  • Galadriel keeps dragging Celeborn along. He doesn't actually want to play, but she insists he has to.
  • Caranthir played as Moon-Moon once, and now it's impossible to make him stop deliberately confusing both sides in every game.
  • Fingon and Maedhros always act hilariously betrayed if it emerges that one of them is a wolf while the other is a villager.

Hmm... who've we missed out?

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:48 AM   #2
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Now, now, you do Finrod an injustice. Very successful Hunter! I mean, he died, sure, but that's the idea.

Moving on- Maeglin is, of course, the greatest cobbler of the Elder Days.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.

I love how Moon Moon is now listed as an official role.

As for greatest cobbler, I'd like to nominate ++Pheanor (yes, PH. Can you see the resemblance?). Not among the baddie count, but gets the village into such a wreck and chaos before he dies that it takes them an entire Age to sort it out.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:46 AM   #4
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm pretty sure Turin is the greatest accidental cobbler of the Age. He's so sure he knows the best way to catch the wolves, that the rest of the village goes along with him...

Also, Thingol is blatantly faking Seer. "Oh, Beren definitely SEEms bad... the dwarves look okay to my EYE..."

hS
Old 09-03-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And Luthien is a Werebear-lover. Clearly has special powers, but only acts in her own interests.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:05 AM   #6
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I love this thread.

Regarding the other sons of Fëanor...

Maglor is the last ordo standing, to be consumed in a wolf victory.
Amrod and Amras are the victims in the Night 1 narration.

Also, Thingol is the no-show.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #7
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Turgon is never there for the discussion but shows up to vote often enough not to get kicked out.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #8
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Children of Hurin edition

Turin always has an elaborate (/stupid) plan for catching the wolves. He refuses to share it with anyone. The wolves are fine with this, because frankly he's just going to mess it up anyway.

Finduilas trusts Turin implicitly in every single game. This rarely ends well for her.

Gwindor can always be found on the bandwagon - usually led there by the wolves.

Nienor is infamous for that time she forgot what team she was on.

Beleg is an excellent Ranger with a bad habit of being strung up by the village.

hS
Old 11-24-2018, 06:34 PM   #9
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

That one guy

Finarfin is that one guy who follows every game but never plays himself. (sadly me in past years)

Saeros is that one guy who transfers things onto a personal level, carries grudges from past games, and votes based on meta reasoning.

Gil-Galad is that one guy who always accidentally deletes the PM with the name(s) of his partner(s) and can't recall them after, and is too shy to ask the mod, so he just sticks with Orodreth unless told otherwise.

Aredhel is that one gal who is always fooled by a fake reveal and happily sacrifices herself for the sake of a cunning wolf.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:11 AM   #10
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
I'd say Turin is more of a 'Cursed' variant.

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote