The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #161
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
*is jealous of Starbucks* I should mention, before you write me into the narration, that my "useful" magical charms are more like "useful if they don't go wrong." Think Ron Weasley attempting magic at Hogwarts in his early years. That's how great of a spell-caster I am.
I've already written you in, hopefully it's to your liking. I think you'll enjoy it.

Edit: I should say I've written you more as a Luna Lovegood...is that ok?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #162
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Edit: I should say I've written you more as a Luna Lovegood...is that ok?
That's even better than Ron Weasley, thanks!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #163
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm just going to chug along with the tryouts, because it made me super-happy writing Part I, and this will be the final piece of the story before the Night 1 narration tomorrow at 11pm.

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments. I'm glad you're enjoying this, it makes it worthwhile, and I know we're all antzy to get going, but it won't be much longer now.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #164
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry for taking so long, but it took me way too long to come up with a superpower.

I am Butterfingers (also known as The Klutz): I destroy everything I touch. It's quite awesome, really.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #165
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Sorry for taking so long, but it took me way too long to come up with a superpower.

I am Butterfingers (also known as The Klutz): I destroy everything I touch. It's quite awesome, really.
Thanks Brinn...I went ahead and made up one so I could keep going with the narrations, but I'll go ahead now and change what I wrote for you in the narration to fit your power.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #166
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I'm just going to chug along with the tryouts, because it made me super-happy writing Part I, and this will be the final piece of the story before the Night 1 narration tomorrow at 11pm.
I'm quite enjoying the narration. Do Wild-eye's super powers aid him in catching a speedy bird?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #167
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I'm quite enjoying the narration. Do Wild-eye's super powers aid him in catching a speedy bird?
Hehe, a partial thanks is due to wilwa. Who came up with her name and picked out an avatar for the special occassion.

She offered a name for my coyote avatar...I won't tell you what it was...sweet attempt but really cheesy. Even too cheesy for me, and so I decided on Wild-eye Coyote...
Old 08-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #168
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Hehe, a partial thanks is due to wilwa. Who came up with her name and picked out an avatar for the special occassion.

She offered a name for my coyote avatar...I won't tell you what it was...sweet attempt but really cheesy. Even too cheesy for me, and so I decided on Wild-eye Coyote...

Wile E. Cornea......I thought it was good....haha.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #169
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

All the roles have been chosen and we'll send 'em out earlier than what I said. I'm a bit under the weather this morning, they'll be out sometime in the afternoon.

The villains will receive a PM from wilwa, the rest will come from me.

Remember, if you're not already, you should be going into invisible mode soon.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #170
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

All the roles should have been sent out. If you haven't received one PM me.

I'll get the final piece of the narration up a little later, and Night 1 will officially begin at 11 pm EST.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #171
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I won't be here for the DL, and I haven't heard from wilwa if she will, so I'm going to put up the Day 1 narration a few hours early.

Villains you may continue to converse until 11pm. No one post on the game thread until then. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #172
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So. I was really hoping people would be around at the start of the Day to talk with since I'll be at work all day tomorrow and might/probably won't be around for deadline. I'll try to catch up before I leave in the morning, but no promises on that one. Please don't lynch me for having to be a big girl and contribute to society!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #173
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So I'm all caught up (for now at least) but have to leave for work before I can actually post anything of substance (or otherwise). Hopefully I'll be back for deadline, but like I said last night, no promises.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #174
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
So I'm all caught up (for now at least) but have to leave for work before I can actually post anything of substance (or otherwise). Hopefully I'll be back for deadline, but like I said last night, no promises.
You can always cast a ++No Vote

Ahh, but seeing as you did make me aware of this...if you do miss it shall not count against thee.

Simple as that folks.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #175
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Psh. I'm not even playing any more and all y'all are still gonna try to kill me on Day One? Well then.

My thanks for the concern expressed by several of you. Everything's okay, but by the time I realized I totally could have just kept playing, I already knew your roles.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #176
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

ha, see and I was going to ask if you wanted to be back in, but then remembered I told you the roles...I blab far too quickly for my own good.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #177
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Aww, that's inconvenient...

But now you are all knowing, so that's always fun
Old 08-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #178
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Guess I should say it here too.

Narration is up it is now Night 2...erm well has been for 55 minutes
Old 08-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #179
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green I'm so sorry!

Aieek, I'm here, sorry for missing Day1, I had absolutely no idea the game had started and I haven't been online for days! (And besides, I'm under Kath's influence, so no wonder I pick up some habits from her. ) I'll be around on Day2 though, so see you all then! (Plenty time to read the 13 pages of the game thread and 5 pages of admin thread. )
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #180
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

We're just glad to have you Lommers I hope you like the power I assigned to you...well it's really not so much a power, but I figured it would fit you nice enough. If you'd like to change it let me know.

Edit: ahh and those that need to send in their picks. I'd prefer it 2 hours before the DL, but no later than 1 hr before...so I can try and throw together a decent narration. Merci beaucoup

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-14-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #181
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Don't worry Boro, I love it.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #182
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Hi all, just stopping in quickly to say that I won't be around for the beginning of Day 2 for a couple hours until about 10pm pst. I shall see you all then! Thanks!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #183
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I think I know who the bear is after they picked me to die. Oh well. This really sucks. My second game and I die on night two.

People I am a person. I will refrain from using names but so far it is only two of you.

Last edited by Hakon; 08-14-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Hakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #184
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Come on, you survived til the end in your first game. Somebody has to die during Night 2. Everybody who has played some games eventually ends up in the situation, and I can't think of one occasion where it was personal.

Also, dead heroes tell no tales.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #185
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Yes, the dead stay silent....except Wild-eye...Wild-eye has permission to continue to post beyond death.

Don't get too flustered by the early exit. I mean well Pitch kind of died first. I was lynched on Day 1 three straight times at one point...sure it ticked me off, but there's always another game.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #186
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I know that there will be more games and that the dead stay silent. Although I came up with a good theory based on some posts last night but I can't share it now. After the game I might.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #187
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm moving into my college apartment today and probably won't be on much, just so ya know.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #188
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Again, sorry for my absence toDay. As said on the other thread, I'm trying to crunch in doing as many things as possible for my last days in NYC since I'll really miss this place. I really do hate rushing in at the last minute since I then don't even have time to read the thread properly and then I end up cramming too much information in my brain at once...

Sadly, my participation toMorrow won't be great either, should I still be alive, since I'm flying home on Monday. I'll be around for the early hours (in between the packing), but will have to vote by mid-morning (EST). I've heard recently of people having free wi-fi while flying, and it'd be really cool if I did, but I don't know how likely that is. If by some good luck I do, then I'll be able to participate much more than expected.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #189
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry, sir Mod. Automatically quoted and forgot to slide it over to this thread. So....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
What? No coin?!!

Curse you all!
He's probably walked down the street and used it on a Coke anyway, so hush.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #190
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Sorry, sir Mod. Automatically quoted and forgot to slide it over to this thread. So....

He's probably walked down the street and used it on a Coke anyway, so hush.
Hehe, 'tis fine sally, 'tis fine.

And as a by the way, I won't have Dun's narration finished today. It's wierd I had 3 cups of coffee about 2 hours ago, and I'm already yawning about ready to pass out...guess I don't make it as strong as starbucks. Curses, another bad thing about parents living in cow country.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #191
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I leave the house for a few hours to work a side job and this is what I return to.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #192
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm soooooo sorry I wasn't around yesterday! I had every intention of getting back after work and then some complications of a personal issues arose and I didn't end up getting home until 5am.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #193
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
(Assuming I'm alive) I might not be here at Dawn. Had trouble sleeping last night and to be honest I feel a bit crappy. I'll try to be around but I'm not making any promises.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #194
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Inziladun, your narration is complete. It's not as worthy as the death Mnemo gave you, but well...let's just say your fellow heroes had a...light bulb moment.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #195
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Inziladun, your narration is complete. It's not as worthy as the death Mnemo gave you, but well...let's just say your fellow heroes had a...light bulb moment.
It's most illuminating.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #196
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
It's most illuminating.
Thank you, but the true compliments should go to Agan, who provided me with the idea.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #197
alonariel
Wight

I wanted to post just in case I don't get up early enough tomorrow.

School starts for me and I've got class from 8am-12:20pm pst and then a night class from 7pm-9:50pm pst so I'm going to be gone for the last few hours before the DL, but I should be on between classes. Just wanted to give a heads up
Old 08-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #198
alonariel
Wight

I'm going to be leaving rather soon (have some last minute school shopping to do) for my night class and won't be back until past DL.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #199
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
I'm going to be leaving rather soon (have some last minute school shopping to do) for my night class and won't be back until past DL.
Cool. So you know for the future, usually it is not required to let me know every moment you can or can't be on. A general "I'm going to be working most of the day, (or out...etc) so I can't participate much/don't know if I can vote" is all that is required.

You are free to continue keeping us informed, but I don't want you to feel it is required.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #200
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Narration done.