The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #1921
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Nerwen you are exactly not helping.
I'm trying, Lommy. As I said, the wolf hasn't left much of a trail.

Clearly it's not you (unless you're turned really sadistic), so it's either Brinn or Greenie.

Quote:
If you all could tell me who you suspect the most and why, it'd help.
I've been thinking about it a bit more, and I'm inclined to think it's Greenie. Actually I suppose I know what you mean about the "disturbing smilies"; maybe it's the reason for my "bad feeling" about her that I mentioned earlier... she's just been too ingratiating and kept out of things too much.

Quote:
Grr... I was thinking we'd win this with a double lynch but now I'm pretty sure we lose... because it is in my hands in the end and I always screw things up.
Well, you can blame me. I feel like lynching myself.

Quote:
Please, everybody, tell me your opinion of why it was Kath who died last Night (and not me, for example).
It's very strange... I actually started to worry about you, when you turned out to be still alive.

Well, Kath said this #1861:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I'm not convinced about Nerwen ... but then I'm not convinced about anyone. Something that Greenie said earlier, when she was very against lynching Gil, brought her up on my suspicion list while Brinn went down it. I mean there are times where you look pretty suspicious as well Lommy, especially with your 'evidence' earlier on.
So... Brinnwolf making herself look good?

A Little Wolf trying get rid of a future opponent?

Or is it that the wolf felt more confident of being able to manipulate Lommy than Kath?

EDIT: grammar.

EDIT: X'd with two Greenies.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-08-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #1922
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
I've been thinking about it a bit more, and I'm inclined to think it's Greenie. Actually I suppose I know what you mean about the "disturbing smilies"; maybe it's the reason for my "bad feeling" about her that I mentioned earlier... she's just been too ingratiating and kept out of things too much.
I can't help but think this looks very easy. If Nerwen is the wolf, this is exactly what she would want to do. I'm the one Lommy is considering of voting, and I think Nerwen is another she has considered at least at some point. Therefore encouraging suspicion of the innocent our rep considers voting is precisely what I would do as a wolf in that position as well. No, I'm not saying an innocent Nerwen couldn't suspect me; I'm just saying that it would fit a wolf-Nerwen more than well.
As to your reasons for suspecting me - being ingratiating (had to check that on the dictionary ) is just due to my playing style. Unless I'm really annoyed with something or someone I like to be nice to people and to soften otherwise nasty-sounding remarks with those so-called disturbing smilies. I have been suspected because of that in other games as well, but I'm afraid this is the only explanation I can give. Keeping out of things is mostly due to being extremely busy - or actually, what do you mean by keeping out of things?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #1923
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, when I said, "keeping out of things," I meant more that you've been sleeping under the reindeer.

So, how nice, we both suspect each other.

All I know is, unless Lommywolf is screwing with our heads, it has to be either you or Brinn.

Brinniel's posts look pretty good toDay... but I have had reservations about her on and off, mostly based on tiny things... and as I said, long analyses are a thing she does when she's a wolf. I still think Greenie is the more likely.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #1924
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Something struck me as odd in Nerwen's suspicion of me. I found it. Here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen earlier toDay
Greenie... has slipped under the radar until recently. I don't think I can add to the cases Brinn and Lommy have made on her. Half Lommy's case is just "disturbing use of smilies"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
This I think is an interesting turnaround. In the first quote she seems very sceptical about Lommy's argument; then, later on, when I'm on Lommy's suspicion list, the smiley thing suddenly makes sense to her. It's just weird.
Quote:
Well, when I said, "keeping out of things," I meant more that you've been sleeping under the reindeer.
Ah well. People keep saying that about me. I've never been and will probably never be a flood-poster or mass-analyser or attention-seeker, and thus it's very probable that most players' attention is not focused on me as much as some others. I'm afraid that's all I have to say about it.

Your reasoning about why I'm your top suspect sounds sensible regardless of your role and leaves me with (surprise surprise) two choices: either you are the wolf, as I'm inclined to guess, and try to get me lynched because I'm practically the only innocent you could persuade Lommy to lynch since she seems to trust Brinn; or then you are as innocent as I am and Brinn is the wolf and snickers happily while we are at each other's throats. Of course it's also possible that Lommy is the wolf, but if she is we have lost already so it isn't worth speculating.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 12-08-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: bolding
Old 12-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #1925
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, I'm here, mes amies. I've been thinking but I'm still darn confused... You'll see me posting once I've eaten and possibly cleared my head with that a bit.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #1926
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Trusting THE Ka? I don't think I ever mentioned trusting her, or actually trusting anyone on the first half of Day 1. I don't trust people on Day 1. About Ka anyway - she had posted one post that far if I recall correctly, two at most, so I don't find it right surprising if my opinion about her changes as I see more of her.
I meant these:

Quote:
The Ka - Leaning innocent this far.
and
Quote:
Ka - She creeps me out, don't know why.
(First one posted on the rep-voting phase of Day1, the other on the lynch-voting phase.)

Quote:
Clearly it's not you (unless you're turned really sadistic)
It would be hilarious.

Quote:
Well, you can blame me. I feel like lynching myself.
Need help?

Still waiting for the opinions of why it was Kath who died from Greenie and Brinn...

Quote:
Or is it that the wolf felt more confident of being able to manipulate Lommy than Kath?
I wouldn't be surprised... it's all too easy to manipulate me.

I realise I'm actually for no reason refraining from writing anything that would really point at me making any kind of decision...
Old 12-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #1927
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Still waiting for the opinions of why it was Kath who died from Greenie and Brinn...
It doesn't seem that illogical to me, actually. She, along with Lommy, was generally quite trusted. Let's assume Nerwen is the wolf, for that way the Kath kill makes most sense to me. It's true that Lommy suspected Nerwen much more than Kath did, but then, killing Lommy would have pointed too clearly at her. Thus what's smarter for a wolf-Nerwen to do than kill Kath who is a sharp and trusted player and who voiced some suspicion on her during the Day also, instead of Lommy who suspected her a whole lot but whose death would have pointed too clearly at her?

I'm going to sleep. I'm quite convinced now that Nerwen is guilty. It just fits. I say we lynch her and be rid of our wolf. I have nothing more to say in my own defence since I have already answered every logical suspicion voiced against me toDay. I dearly hope it's enough, because if it isn't, we lose.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #1928
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

--computing data--
Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #1929
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Okay, I'll try to answer as quick as possible since I probably shouldn't be on the Downs in a room that has audio equipment high in demand...

Both Kath and Lommy were both regarded as innocent yesterDay, though for different reasons. I think one of the reasons Kath looked innocent was because many thought she wouldn't be so neglectful as a wolf to not read who got lynched or whether she was killed. A lot seemed to find Lommy innocentish due to her general behaviour. Both looked even more innocent after staying true to their word on their vote. Though I do agree that Lommy looked even more innocent because she voted second...but it's possible the wolf overlooked that. If the wolf is Greenie, maybe she felt more confident that Lommy wouldn't vote her or that she could manipulate her sister. If the wolf is Nerwen, maybe she thought that killing off Lommy, her biggest threat of the two, would too obviously point to her as the wolf.

Okay, I have to run downstairs now to the Avid labs. But I don't think I should be long, so hopefully I'll be back in my room and available to post within an hour or two.

EDIT: X-ed since Greenie
Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #1930
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm just wondering, really... Kath was suspected very little yesterDay, but I was suspected even less. I'd be inclined to think that Nerwen would have killed me. I mean, she would have had a perfect excuse to kill someone who suspected her. As she was Brinn's top suspect as well, I really kind of doubt she would have wanted to leave her enemies alive.

On the other hand, what you Greenie and Brinn say is true, to an extent. If wolf-Nerwen was being rather jumpy, she would not dare to kill me because it'd point at her. Or then she could have made a huge gamble and thought that eventually someone would conclude that the fact a non-suspected me is alive points at her innocence...

Wolf-Greenie or wolf-Brinn? That's easy. Kath was very undecided about her suspects, so a good victim because she might turn against the wolf herself. Why kill me? I was pretty strongly after Nerwen, and an almost known innocent strongly against another innocent is something a wolf would not mind having around... Also, at least A Little Wolf (love that name ) would have liked to keep me around because of my trust in her. Wolfiel could have done that too, but it's less likely.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #1931
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Anyone around?

I'm thinking of voting Greenie because
- I think she would have most likely gone after Kath
- Nerwen's noticing Boro&tp's ploy looks honest and thus it would be a bit odd if she was a wolf
- a wolf-Nerwen would probably not resort to "accidentally" missing the deadline (would she?) and her comments about her mistake seem genuineish
- a wolf-Brinn would not put this much effort to stuff and would not be furstrated at people not contributing or doing things sloppily
- Greenie's voting morm as a rep twice could be interpreted as rather fishy although, I admit, it doesn't point at her guilt in any way

Thoughts, people?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #1932
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay, the thing is that it's almost midnight here and I have school tomorrow. So, I cannot stay much longer. I will wait ten or so minutes, then I will probably go to brush my teeth &c and then I'll be back to vote. Which means that in half an hour, I will have decided the fate of the village. But because I'm not the whole village, I'd really love it if one of you happened to have the chance to pop in and give me some last-minute advice...
Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #1933
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

*starts typing voting post*

I'm here, though, and I will update the thread regularily so last-minute comments will be heard...
Old 12-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #1934
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++lynch Greenie

For reasons previously stated (and unstated, I'm too lazy to format those and they hardly matter).

If it is indeed you, Greenie, then my hats off to you, because you've played brilliantly this far. It never entered my mind to suspect you before toDay, you were so convincing. Your only mistake that can be pointed out was killing Kath instead of me - and I tell you, I might have made the same mistake had I been you.

If it is you, Nerwen, I say that whether your missing your rep vote was intentional or not, it was just way too nasty... Also, you would have been fooling me all too well and made some very nice ploys of your own. I once decided to never again trust you in ww and now I see I've actually started to trust you a little. However, if you are the wolf, I will never ever trust you again nor change my main suspect on the last Day.

If it is you, Brinn, then I'm speechless because you must be one of the biggest sneaking and acting geniuses in whole ww history and I have no grudging feelings because you absolutely deserve your victory.

It's in the Goddesses' hands now. Whichever side wins, it is a well-deserved victory, I think we can agree on that. Good night!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #1935
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Now that was the most amazing game I've ever witnessed. Do y'all want the results now or shall I hold out on you for another five and a half hours?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #1936
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Now that was the most amazing game I've ever witnessed. Do y'all want the results now or shall I hold out on you for another five and a half hours?
Why postpone it?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #1937
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Why postpone it?
I'm evil?

Okay, here goes:

After the unfathomably entertaining muck-up of the wolves early in the game (ie: not killing Boromir or the phantom), Brinniel managed to secure an absolutely astonishing victory for her lupine companions.

It was a close call now and again, but man oh man did this girl pull through day after long and arduous day.

My hat's off to you, girl, and my eternal debt is of course also owed to Mithalwen and Rikae, my co-moddesses extraordinairre, Macalaure (who very thoughtfully offered help when I rather needed it), Formendacil whose awesome guest narration paved the way for some of the utterly insane death posts some of you guys got, and the phantom who wrote his own death (and who really did request not to be a wolf).

A few questions answered:

Yes, all roles were handpicked. Wolves were picked based on a casual blend of experience, ability to work together, and timezone (mostly timezone). Seer was picked because I wanted a filibuster, darn it!

My dream game involved the wolves conspiring to block a key vote at some suspenseful moment.

Alas, dreams foiled...

Everybody: amazing job. I loved this experience, even though 48 hour Days make for a looooooong game.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #1938
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Yay Brinn!!!

My faith was on trial yesterDay - and the Day before - when it seemed all the people suspected you the most.

Really Lommy, how can you make an argument that "she seems to post a lot and is involved - therefore she is not a wolf"???

Isn't it on the contrary?

Quote:
Yes, all roles were handpicked. Wolves were picked based on a casual blend of experience, ability to work together, and timezone (mostly timezone). Seer was picked because I wanted a filibuster, darn it!
If you wanted a filibuster why did you set the deadline on 6AM here? I had all the plans of making it on the concept of "Infinity" but I never had a chance to go for it...

I mean I was prepared to make it for three to four hours but someone - morm that is - should have had to carry it on.... and tp managed to halt that procedure.

Next time you should not give the people a vote for "no-filibusters" if you wish those to occur - or at least adjust the deadline so that those able, willing and needy to do that can actually try it...

But yes, this was really an amazing game!

I'll be looking back to it tomorrow with a few comments but now it's 1.30AM and I need to go to sleep.

Last edited by Nogrod; 12-08-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #1939
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If you wanted a filibuster why did you set the deadline on 6AM here?
Because I can't very well set a deadline that I won't be around for.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #1940
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The Night where Brin skipped her kill- I was surprised it wasn't a hot topic of discussion till the end. When I heard what had been done I thought it was great and would yield entertaining fights. I was hoping to see endless circles of arguing about why so-and-so would do it, and people shouting how they would never take such a risk.

Other than that, my largest disappointment was losing Legate so early. He was being very entertaining. The thread could have used more of his Star Wars quotes.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #1941
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
My faith was on trial yesterDay - and the Day before - when it seemed all the people suspected you the most.
Yes, watching those days was amazing. On both days I thought, "The game's over. Brin's dead. Nearly everyone is leaning that way." But then I come home and check the thread and nope- game still going. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #1942
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I was set to do a filibuster, Fea.

On my final day, I was wanting to go out in grand style with a huge filibuster (two hours long or so). But Sally took the lead and I didn't really want to lynch her. And then I started feeling more ill on top of it, so the filibuster just didn't work out at all.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #1943
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh wow. After 28 days of the biggest WW rollercoaster ever, I can finally relax..

It may be cold outside, but boy do I feel toasty right now.

When Noggie and morm got lynched, I was confident that I was performing at my worst. And I was, at least during the Night phases. I honestly didn't think I could survive five Days as a lone wolf. Especially on that Day Rune and Greenie were the two reps...I was so sure he wouldn't let me slip away (I always hate that he never trusts me, but now he probably never will ). I admit there were times I got really frustrated, and any frustrations I expressed within the game were honest frustrations. But I refused to give up as I didn't want to let my fellow wolves down. morm, I may be eating my boot, but at least it didn't kill me. Thank goodness for that.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #1944
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Great game all. Brin, way to go. You made me feel better since you won. I was fairly disappointed that I died so early being that we didn't kill Boro. You were amazing, nobody seemed to suspect you.

Good job all!

Fea, it was a good game, but the 48 hours was a lot longer than I expected. I'd like to see a future repeat of this game but I wonder if there is a way to work around such a long day.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #1945
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Really Lommy, how can you make an argument that "she seems to post a lot and is involved - therefore she is not a wolf"???

Isn't it on the contrary?
Well in her defense, I can become quite involved when I'm innocent too. Remember the game you modded last year? Boy was that a disaster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
The Night where Brin skipped her kill- I was surprised it wasn't a hot topic of discussion till the end. When I heard what had been done I thought it was great and would yield entertaining fights. I was hoping to see endless circles of arguing about why so-and-so would do it, and people shouting how they would never take such a risk.
I know...that was my whole intention when I chose to skip the kill, so I was disappointed when no real chaos resulted from it. I told Fea I had a bad feeling that I'd be the next lynching candidate the following Day, so while I had the chance I wanted to do something crazy that no one would expect from me. But in the end, it had no effect whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
On both days I thought, "The game's over. Brin's dead. Nearly everyone is leaning that way." But then I come home and check the thread and nope- game still going. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.
On Day 7, I was so sure I would die. With classes all day, I had no time to properly defend myself which is why I made that pleading post...it really was my last desperate attempt to stay alive. But I didn't think my plead post would actual convince anyone to change their minds. After my last class, I ran to the nearest computer outside the classroom to see whether I had been lynched after all (my stomach had been in a knot for the entire 1 hour and 45 minutes). Boy was I surprised to discover that Ilya had been the chosen one to die. I laughed all the way down to the dining hall.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #1946
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quick question, Brin.

I'm curious- I made this post on Day 2. Did you Wolves indeed have some discussions before the game and the idea of Rep numbers and such came up?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #1947
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Quick question, Brin.

I'm curious- I made this post on Day 2. Did you Wolves indeed have some discussions before the game and the idea of Rep numbers and such came up?
That post made me laugh, as do all posts which unwittingly peg wolves early on.

I had to talk about this game. Mostly to Formendacil.

Formy, Formy, guess what they've done now!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #1948
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
I just looked back at our old PMs and apparently morm did mention it, though I don't actually remember him saying it. Most of the first Night discussions involved whether the wolves should vote each other as reps, and should we spread out our rep votes or vote together. We didn't know how spread out people would vote since this whole rep thing was new, so a lot of our discussion was speculation. Most of the Night 1 discussion involved the other three wolves and I took little part in it. I honestly have to admit, I didn't participate heavily on the first Night because I don't like to discuss strategies too much. I guess it's because I find my best strategy is to have no particular strategy...I like to do whatever I want because that's how innocents play...completely individually. Hmm...I wonder if that makes me a selfish wolf. Don't get me wrong, I love playing as team and discussing with fellow wolves who we should kill next. I'm just not particularly fond of Night 1's.

A lot of people seemed to find the whole goal number of reps suspicious. But quite honestly I think it's an argument I would've made even if I were innocent. Having a proportional number of reps just seems logical...well, maybe not for the later half of the game when there are less players, but at least for the first few Days.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #1949
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Question: what did you guys think about the altered accountability issues that come with elected Reps doing your voting for you? Did it make it harder or easier to trace bad guys?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #1950
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin
I just looked back at our old PMs and apparently morm did mention it
Well, thank goodness. When I saw that and the way it was worded Day 1 my head wouldn't shut up about it ("They discussed that point at Night, Phantom, I feel it!"). Nice to know the voices in my head aren't crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
That post made me laugh, as do all posts which unwittingly peg wolves early on.
I wouldn't go so far as to say "unwittingly".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Question: what did you guys think about the altered accountability issues that come with elected Reps doing your voting for you? Did it make it harder or easier to trace bad guys?
Easier, I believe. It gave me more time with everyone, and gave everyone more opportunities to take action, actions which could be analyzed. And with the extra round of voting, I felt it yielded more opportunities for strategic positioning, which is something you can watch for and use to determine innocence. Because of that, I felt comfortable in this village much earlier than I usually do in other villages.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #1951
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
I had to talk about this game. Mostly to Formendacil.

Formy, Formy, guess what they've done now!
She's not lying, everyone... And, for what it's worth, I'm glad she did, because it dragged me back into watching this game after having to turn down insistent invites due to time commitments (and boy did I play that gambit right! You were at this a LONG time).

Of course, knowing who was who only made the watching more interesting. I was rooting for the wolves the whole time, though. Probably because Brinn is the only person I've spent hours of real life talking about Werewolf to, so I've more of a sympathy into her WWing background than the black screens of the rest of you.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #1952
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Congratulations, Brinn!

Brilliant playing!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #1953
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
There was a post, which I will not find in the myriad of posts, was when Lommy pegged why Nogrod choice to make our first kill. She almost said his exact words that he used to justify it. Basically he wanted to keep it sporty and all that..I just about lost it and was actually laughing out loud with that one
Old 12-09-2008, 04:08 AM   #1954
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Brinn, darling, if you aren't the sneakiest young lady I've ever met! *bows* Honestly, when I read what happened on the last Day after I had gone to sleep my reaction was "Darn it, Lommy, now wolf-Nerwen wins!" Sorry Nerwen. I really thought it was you.

This was a very entertaining game indeed, and I was glad to make it to the end. I was wrong all the time, of course - the only wolf I really suspected was Nog, and even that was no use. Oh, the irony:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me, on the last Day
The more I read Brinn's posts, the more she starts to look innocent to me.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:57 AM   #1955
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh Brinn, I promised to be speechless but you know me: that's something I can never manage. But you were just awesome, girl. Really. I didn't suspect you after the Day we should have lynched you (the day Ilya died). You just had a very strong air of innocence - I must admit all my reasonings "she is too frustrated and makes too much effort to be a wolf" were merely my ways of reasoning to myself the innocent feeling I got from you.

I can see only one scenario in which I would have voted you on the last day: had Nerwen actually not missed her vote and voted you as a rep and had you voted Greenie and done it before I had to vote (extremely unlikely due to timezones) I might have voted you instead of Nerwen for the second lynchee. Because as yesterDay processed, I was thinking Nerwen more and more innocent.

I was a bit frustrated with this game at times simply because it took all my time but I'm so glad that I was able to play in it and very grateful to have been there even in the last Day and yes, even for casting the fatal vote! I said I'll screw it up and I kept my promise!

I had really fun time writing that last post. It was difficult to decide between that "if it is you" style and a list of things you have to remember in my honour (getting Ka lynched, catching Boro&tp's ploy, suspecting morm and Nog at least at some phase etc) in case my last and most important choice is wrong.

So, thank you everybody. Wolves, you did well - Brinn was a miracle and who knows what would have happened to you Nog and morm had Boro not dreamt of you. Speaking of which: Boro - you were brilliant and I must grudgingly admit phantom was too, to some extent, but you both annoyed me a great deal and did resort to a sort of elitism. Nevertheless, without you two the game would've been far less interesting and not as good.

And most importantly, thank you, amazing moddesses, for the great game! Fea, the idea of the game was just masterful and worked out without any problems, which is very exceptional for a complicated game like this.

Everybody, except a bunch of reps (haha, double meaning) coming out as soon as I have time.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:19 AM   #1956
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I found myself rooting for Brinn against my will. That was an awesome performance.

Also the other wolves did really good work. Unfortunately I was too busy to analyze Nog & Ka's posts, though.

And morm... I was typing a post in Open Office during Night 2 (I find it easier than doing it all at once after the next day has begun), and I suddenly got this inexplicable strong certainty that you were a wolf. I actually wrote it down in my post but removed it before posting on day 2 because then I just didn't seem to find any reasons for it anymore.

I didn't mind getting killed so no worries. It was what I had been striving for myself, anyway, trying to give off some seer vibes. Not sure if the wolves interpreted anything I had done in that light, though.
Actually I even died at the best possible moment since after that I would have been terribly busy, what with the exam week and such, and I should have chosen between werewolf and school. And being crazy enough, I might well have chosen werewolf.

Why did you choose the kills you did?

Also sorry for suspecting you so much, Ilya. I think I've recently taken to the habit of trying newbies and quieter players to see if they break and reveal their possible wolfishness. You made it through my interrogation rather well... As did also Eönwë.

It's so long since I died that this is all I could come up with right now.

Anyway thank you all, Fea, Mith, Rikae & guest narrators. You made this game really enjoyable.

edit: Also, morm, I'm still laughing at the Boro photo you posted. :-D

Last edited by Aganzir; 12-09-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #1957
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
End of an era ..

Well though Boro and Phantom deserved a win for their double act - you were awesome and I loved you for it. However after their battle of the alpha males with Mormegil (what a scary wolf he is!!) and Nogrod I thought Brinniel did brilliantly to win the long slow game. She truly deserved the victory. Brava!!!!!

I shall be modding my Operatic game next but one, DVWP... I hope a few of you will ..err audition for a less complex game (which will have the odd twist).

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #1958
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Brinn - stellar

Fea - Maginificent

Mith/Rikae - lovely lament

Morm/Nog/Ka - Touche

I have a question for you Nogrod...was our argument on Day 2 an attempt to bait me into saying you were a wolf? I thought that's what it looked like, and that's why I backed off and decided to leave you for another day.

Lommy - elitist? Who was the one that fooled me?

Shasta - brilliant (even though you did ruin my filibuster)

Eonwe/McCaber/Legate - uhh...sorry about that

Ilya - I hope you enjoyed your first go.

Nerwen/Sally/Greenie/Rune - it would have in no way been this entertaining without you

Kath - at least the wolves didn't kill you on night 1, eh?

Gwath - why did you get lynched again?

Agan - still I wish we didn't make you a tasty wolf target that night, I'm in love with your style.

Gil - I would have laughed if you were a wolf

Missing anyone? Nope don't think so.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #1959
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Missing anyone? Nope don't think so.
Me neither.

I also want to add that my reasons for starting to suspect Nerwen weren't actually that far off - also Nogwolf claimed he would be offended if someone dared to suggest something &c.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #1960
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Quote:
I found myself rooting for Brinn against my will. That was an awesome performance.
It really was. Mad props, Brinn.

Thanks everybody for such a great game and for being patient with me. Boro, tp, it was great fun to watch you run circles around everyone else, and all of the wolves were pretty darn slick.

Fea, I'm still tickled by my death scene, and all of them were great. WW is a wonderful procrastinatory tool, one I hope to take advantage of again in the future.

Shasta: Well done, again.

Legate and Agan and Gwath: uh...sorry?

Lommy, you were solid throughout and thanks again for telling me to go invisible.

Rune, Nerwen, Greenie, and Kath: Ya'll we're great late-game players and way too convincing for my own good.

McCaber, Eonwe, Sally: Sorry you guys got booted so early.

Gil: *silence*