The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #81
Strongbow
Wight

Strongbow has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Strongbow Send a message via MSN to Strongbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Leaving Mr. Irons for the present...

Have you played with the phantom much?
Never, but I've read his games. Bunches of them. I could count, but it's in the neighborhood of ten.

I am a sad, sad little fish. (Fish?)

But maybe I've a glimmer of potential.

I'm thorough sometimes.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #82
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
What have we warned you about assuming?
Time and time again the majority of my assumptions prove to be accurate.

When that stops happening, I'll stop assuming.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #83
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Where is she?
You mean Carlotta?
I mean Miss Fea- where is she?
Well how should we know?
I want an answer!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #84
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow
Never, but I've read his games. Bunches of them. I could count, but it's in the neighborhood of ten.
Wow. I'm impressed. You've done homework.

Excellent. That's one more person that will understand references to old villages.

So yeah... I'm definitely not voting for Strongbow today. I'm pleased with him right now.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #85
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Load Screen Wisdom:
No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution. And many strokes, though with a little axe, hew down and fell the hardest-timbered oak.

Now, I will make a flippant list of people who've posted recently, because I am master of France and Spain, and it pleases me to do so.

Agan: Let the world tremble as it senses all you are about to accomplish.
Boro: There's daggers in men's smiles.
Phantom: He doth nothing but talk of his horse.
Menel: One should never risk one's whole fortune unless supported by one's entire forces.
Wild Man: ...the King of Rome, and above grammar.
Bowie: He who knows not how to dissimulate, can not reign.
Gwath: Alan Rickman + Jeremy Irons = Die Hard.

I'm glad TP is casting his own opera as the game goes, and the wolf-exchange he posted was indeed interesting, but the Divo/a doesn't get any special privileges other than immunity to night kills, right? It's the Soulmates who I kinda think would have more visible behavior on the thread, and the wolves wouldn't necessarily want to kill one of them because then the other could take revenge. So the only gifted it makes any sense to go after is the seer, and as cobbler is so powerful it feels like the safe bet would be to avoid people with gifted vibes and go after the most ordinary of ordos. So, rooting out the other gifted and talking about them feels like it's kinida off-target right now. I'm thinking out loud here and I don't know where to go with any of it, and what I'm saying doesn't make sense so...yeah.

Can somebody please tell me where I'm off and plot a firm course for the intersection of logic and sanity while I take over the British Isles?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #86
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Alan Rickman can.
Christopher Lee is possibly my all time favorite villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opera Ghost
Where is she?
You mean Carlotta?
I mean Miss Fea- where is she?
Well how should we know?
I want an answer!
(The Internet hands the note to PHANTOM, who reads it)

Do not fear for Miss Fea.
The Professor of Biology
had her under his wing.
And now she's back again.

Of course whether I'm back or not, it remains a Day One, which means there's absolutely no factual evidence for the village to go on. There may be hypotheses, but there can be no legitimate testing right now, only planning and identification of variables, and so answers, while they may be fair assumptions, cannot be seen as legitimate theories, and certainly not as laws.

/Scientific Method
Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #87
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
It's the Soulmates who I kinda think would have more visible behavior on the thread, and the wolves wouldn't necessarily want to kill one of them because then the other could take revenge.
Nah.

If I was a Critic and had an inkling who the Lovers were, they'd be dead. Immediately. At this point in the game odds are if they take revenge they will slay an Innocent. Leave them alive, however, and the Critics are in a heap of trouble. Say there are seven singers left in the competition- two critics, the lovers, and three Ordos.

The Lovers reveal. Suddenly the three Ordos each have a 50% shot at voting for a Werewolf. And if the Wolves kill one of the Lovers at Night, odds are that the revenge slaying will be accurate.

So yeah- the Critics want the Lovers gone right away. They are dangerous to them late in the game.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #88
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
So, after reading all of these posts and after having way to much of a silent laugh to myself today in History of England when my professor mentioned the Barrow-Downs, I have come to the conclusion that this a seriously more active game than the one that I played before.

So half of what I was going to say is stupid. Pretty much saying that the diva/o should keep quiet and they are in the worst place playerwise if they wolves try to kill them and they live. Then the wolves know who they are and so on.

I do agree with the phantom about the cobbler being dangerous. It does seem like they have a lot of power. Though I'm not sure if I trust that much of what he says because of all of the things I've heard about him, even from just this game. But if I'm going by that logic, I should trust none of you.

On the plus side TGWBS is very entertaining and should really not be lynched.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #89
Strongbow
Wight

I propose that the role of "divo" be called Devo instead.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #90
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren
I have come to the conclusion that this a seriously more active game than the one that I played before.
Yes, we are a noisy bunch. Just check out Fea's last game and see how loud we got. But that's what makes it so much fun.

Speaking of noise, I'm being way too quiet. I've actually been around for awhile but was distracted. Then I got a headache and didn't feel like posting. At the moment there's really not much I have to say...except that you all continue to amuse me.

It doesn't seem any serious suspecting has gone on yet...then again it's still fairly early for Day One. But I probably should get down to business. While I won't have to vote until shortly before deadline, I won't exactly have a lot of time to analyse my choices. So I'll be sure to take a closer look at everyone at some point tonight. But not now. It's too early. Because I'm a night owl...which means I'll be more focused in a few hours.

So before I go, let me part with a random song.

<Insert opera music>

Belle nuit, ô nuit d'amour,
Souris à nos ivresses,
Nuit plus douce que le jour,
Ô belle nuit d'amour!
Ah! Souris à nos ivresses!
Nuit d'amour, ô nuit d'amour!

<End opera music>
Old 01-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #91
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh, the game has started already... for some reason I thought it would start tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Ahoy Smithees! I was about to vote for Mac and then frivolously recant, but if I have read the modesses' wishes correctly that would get me mod-fireds.
I cannot see any reason why you would want to do that.

Quote:
Agan, careful? Is that a German word? If it is I'm sorry, I don't know German.
Definitely not German. Never heard it before.

I'm tempted to write a whole paragraph about our roles-setup, and what individuals are most dangerous to us / the critics - especially since I disagree with half of what has been said about it so far - but I decided to let the critics figure it out themselves.

So, yeah... all I can add is that I have reason to believe that the phantom is not evil. I also think I can trust Ilya.

I don't trust Menel and Rikae told me to that Aganzir is maybe not trustworthy.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #92
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So you don't trust me, Mac? Understandable, considering it's Day One and the bad guys are tough to find, but is there anything in particular that you found odd?

Oh, and don't suspect me based on the fact that I'm a Nazgul. I just happened to find this ring in a Cracker Jack box. How was I supposed to know it was one of the Nine?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #93
Strongbow
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
So yeah... I'm definitely not voting for Strongbow today. I'm pleased with him right now.
I'm a bit torn...should I be flattered or squeamish?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #94
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Due to the earliness of the Day, I have nothing useful to say, and due to the lateness of the day, I have nothing funny to say...

...and now, just the minute I wrote that, Rikae asked me in all earnesty whether I think the phantom is drunk.

Anyway, a quick list of all the people who have posted so far, and then off to bed:

Boro - probably innocent.
Gwath - can't tell, slightly leaning innocent.
Aganzir - I'm not alarmed by her, but Rikae is, so I'm wary.
Sally - hasn't warmed up yet, leaning innocent.
Fea - another one that feels innocent-ish.
Nogrod - feels innocent, which is alarming.
Lari - newbie, therefore auto-assumed-innocent for first few days.
Brinniel - can't tell, but Rikae told me to be careful about her.
Kath - is here... and gone again.
phantom - very probably innocent.
tgwbw - amusing, but maybe more critical about our performances than about his syntax.
Menel - too careful and thus suspicious.
Ilya - probably innocent.
Strongbow - haven't played with him yet and I don't yet know what to make of him.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #95
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I cannot see any reason why you would want to do that. ~Mac
I wouldn't - not until at least you play the vital part in lynching two critics, yet continue to survive day after day, whilst we can't ever find the 3rd.

Quote:
Though I'm not sure if I trust that much of what he says because of all of the things I've heard about him, even from just this game. But if I'm going by that logic, I should trust none of you.~Lariren
Resist the urge all you want, you'll only be delaying the inevitable end. That end being, when Day 3 comes and we're dragging our feet for ideas, because we've been spending all our energy in trying to ignore tp, we will start begging him to give us a plan. Luckily, tp doesn't hold grudges and he will certainly rub it in our faces that we caved in, but probably will ablige.

It's a physical and mental impossibility to ignore tp, he makes it this way. We can accept that early on, and work together for ideas, or we could waste our enery trying to block out his tune, when deep down you know you're listening to every note he sings and break down by Day 3? Which would you have?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #96
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This post is solely because I would like to go to bed with the pleasant knowledge that at this point in the opera, I am one audition ahead of tp - and this will most probably be the last point in which I have a lead.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 PM   #97
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleg
I'm a bit torn...should I be flattered or squeamish?
Flattered for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
Though I'm not sure if I trust that much of what he says because of all of the things I've heard about him
What, have you heard something other than, "Phantom is a jolly nice chap who is always honest, though painfully simple and slow-witted"?

You haven't been listening to Fea, have you? She tends to stretch the truth a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Rikae asked me in all earnesty whether I think the phantom is drunk.
Ha ha!

What gave her that impression?

*puts down wine bottle*

But about your guesses, Mac- nice to see them. I'd say they are as good as we can make at present time. But allow me to say, there is one thing that you appear to be right about, but the reasoning that I believe led you to your conclusion wasn't quite right. In other words, if I see a Cobbler, and think he's a Werewolf, and then call him "evil", I'm right, aren't I? But not quite right. If you get my drift.

*hic*

Nope. Not drunk at all.

And Boro- what are you hoping to see Thursday? What sort of opera will OU and FU perform? A thrilling tale with a surprise ending? Will it feature huge stars singing brilliant arias? Or will it be a dud, and leave the audience booing half the cast?

EDIT: x-post Boro
Old 01-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #98
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
It's a physical and mental impossibility to ignore tp, he makes it this way. We can accept that early on, and work together for ideas, or we could waste our enery trying to block out his tune, when deep down you know you're listening to every note he sings and break down by Day 3?
Sing once again with me, our strange duet
My power over you, grows stronger yet

Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #99
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Boro~We can accept that early on, and work together for ideas, or we could waste our enery trying to block out his tune, when deep down you know you're listening to every note he sings and break down by Day 3? Which would you have?
Probably that option. It seems like a good plan. Because he would probably have a good plan and, as I said, there is a possibility that I will lay awake tonight in fear of him.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #100
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
3 pages already? I haven't even read one!

Well, this is my daily post. Enjoy, everyone.

Evil:

Maybe Bowie... I just have this horrible suspicion of him. Nothing definite, though.

Innocent:

I'm pretty sure Gollum is. A wonderful atmosphere of peace and friendliness surrounds him!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #101
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
there is a possibility that I will lay awake tonight in fear of him
Don't worry. I won't kill you tonight. I'd like to see how you sing first. Have fun for a couple days. Then I might come after you.

No, no, I'm not saying I'm a Werewolf. But that doesn't mean I won't choose the kills. Through the careful planting of ideas and the use of clever manipulation, I shall determine who the Critics select at Night.

*whispers to Werewolves* You want to kill Nog, you want to kill Nog....
Old 01-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #102
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
What, have you heard something other than, "Phantom is a jolly nice chap who is always honest, though painfully simple and slow-witted"?
More like "witty". That would be a better assessment.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #103
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right, just to make sure I have my time correct, the deadline is in slightly less than 12 hours?
Quote:
More like "witty".
Fea told you I was witty?

Aw. You're the best, Fea. Praise from the praiseworthy and all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum
3 pages already?
Oh, I've seen much worse.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. I want to be able to get up early enough to read all the new posts, comment on the posts, make a couple remarks I've been sitting on, and cast a vote that is not rushed.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #104
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
All right, just to make sure I have my time correct, the deadline is in slightly less than 12 hours?

Anyway, I'm going to bed. I want to be able to get up early enough to read all the new posts, comment on the posts, make a couple remarks I've been sitting on, and cast a vote that is not rushed.
Yup. It's at noon for us, unless I'm mistaken.

Oh, and my work schedule changed as of today (well, yesterday now, but whatever) so after the deadline toDay I'll either have to vote before I go to bed or right before I go to work, because I'm not a morning person. Hopefully the latter will be the case, although if it is it'll probably just be a quick vote post.

For now, though, I'm out. Have some writing to do before I head to bed. Or, if you prefer....

Nighttime sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness wakes and stirs imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defenses
Helpless to resist the notes I write
For I compose the music of the night

Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendour
Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender
Turn your face away from the garish light of day
Turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light
And listen to the music of the night

Good night, dearies!

EDIT: Oh, and Phantom, I hope you're happy. I have that musical stuck in my head SO bad right now. *is loving it though*

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-07-2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: musical goodness added/corrected
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #105
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Why would tp be happy, Sally? You just stole his big solo.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #106
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Why would tp be happy, Sally? You just stole his big solo.
Heh and that's why I'm happy.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:40 AM   #107
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Some thoughts...

Sally: Has said nothing but banter so far.
Lariren : Intrigues me. I always love new additions to WW and wouldn't dare lynch her for the first few Days.
Fea: Only four posts and her What Would Fea Do paragraph has given me a headache. But no need to dwell on that...I already know she's unpredictable and would expect anything from her.
Ilya: Not a whole lot from her yet, but she amuses me.
Kath: Only one post so far, but I'll be watching her. I know how sneaky she can be.
Aganzir: I really have no reason to suspect her....but then again, I wouldn't want to lose my status as her arch-enemy, so maybe I'll vote for her just because..
Gwathagor : Short one-liner posts, a tad abrasive. But I suppose that's no reason to suspect him since it seems to be his style.
Shasta: Has yet to show up.
Nogrod : Already starting to go at it with Gwath. Typical. About the whole double lynch thing...I think at this point it's more likely we would end up lynching two innocents than any critics.
The Phantom : Could be just about anything, as always. I wouldn't mind seeing him go early in the game simply because he can prove as a distraction. But I'd like to keep him around for at least another Day....just for entertainment value.
Menel: I feel pretty good about what he's said so far.
Strongbow: Not much to say about him, though I disagree with his first post.
Mac: Not sure yet. Might be innocent, but I'm pretty sure Rikae is a wolf.
Gollum: Only one post so far. I'd like to see some further explanation behind his suspicion of Bowie though.
tgwbs: Is an entertaining addition to our cast. It's been a long time since I've WWed with him and I have no desire to lynch him anytime soon.
Boromir: Doesn't seem suspicious so far. But I'm keeping an eye on him. Because I just can't let him fool me again..
Cailineomer: Neither have shown up yet.

Hmm...no one jumps out as suspicious yet. I hope to have a better idea of who to vote for tomorrow...
Old 01-07-2009, 02:50 AM   #108
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Welcome, dear friends, to our contest
The first that this kingdom has ever seen
We gather today, for a vocal display....

Listen to me, don't I sound rich?
Loud, am I not, plus I've got perfect pitch!
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has everything?

Listen to this, clear as can be,
You'll know I'm it when I hit my high C!

I'm a world-famous coloratura!
My vibrato is second to none!
I'm a walking display of bravura!
It's so clear, can't you hear, I'm the one!

And I suggest everyone who hasn't already go and read the Movies in Fifteen Minutes version of Phantom of the Opera. Do it.

In less banter-iffic news, I cannot believe this game started so soon! I'm quite impressed. I'm back in my dorm room now, having moved back in (the break's over) and back with internet, so expect to be seeing a lot more of me.

Especially you, Phantom and Boro.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:15 AM   #109
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I have little time today to even read the thread properly, but there is no direct need for that, since I already know exactly where this game is going just by glancing at the player list:

Cailín’s frustration will slowly rise as the phantom and Feanor of the Peredhil talk in riddles and special sign language that no one else really understands, but at least Sally and Boromir88 will pretend they do. This will lead to much dramatic arias on her part, but somehow she cannot help listening to their advice until Day 4, when - in a rebellious fit - she will turn on these self-proclaimed leaders of the theatre and try to get the phantomlynched, who will still be alive by some cruel twist of fate. This will be successful (naturally), but the phantom turns out to be just another ordinary Singer and TGWBS, whom she claimed she’d trust till the end of times, will proceed to kill everyone with merciless reviews in cave-man grammar.

It is also clear that I shall win this competition. Great range is all well and good, but being two-gendered is well… operatic! Still, best eliminate:

++NOGROD

Because the extent of his indecisiveness could lead to problems later on.

I suggest you keep me alive, because I predict my mental breakdown is truly going to be something tragic. Good to be with you all.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:30 AM   #110
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A happy moddess - on the whole

Though I have a few notes for you....

Football is not amusing to the moddess unless it is Rugby which few of you will really understand or appreciate. Even my favourite court jesters should bear this in mind.

I adore Alan Rickman (not as much as I adore the Phantom of course) so talking about him is more acceptable though not terribly constructive.

Otherwise lots of giggles

And the Offenbach barcarolle is a great favourite of mine... well sung!

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:53 AM   #111
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Fea told you I was witty?

Aw. You're the best, Fea. Praise from the praiseworthy and all that.
Yessir.

By the by, you still have a story for me. I shall be lurking presently...
Old 01-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #112
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

*stretches and tries to look straight*

The next days I should be around at the deadline, but today my schedule won't allow it, so I have to vote pretty soon.

I have to say I'm a tad disappointed at the meager number of auditions that took place while I was asleep, and more than a tad disappointed at their meager content. I was hoping to see a little bit clearer this morning, but that is not the case. With nothing better to go after, I will probably vote Menel.

Would anyone please act very, very suspicious within the next half hour?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:19 AM   #113
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Much interesting thing happen. Wild Man analyse each person. Wild Man not have too much free time - Wild Man prioritize poorly.

phantom - talk much. phantom talk wise, but phantom always talk wise! Ergo Wild Man not know what think. Wisdom not sign of innocence, but Wild Man think - and hope - he innocent.

Boro - talk much, say little. But what he say wise - kill Cobbler, diva/o not reveal. Wild Man inclined to think he innocent.

Gwath - talk much, say very little. Wild Man not know what think. Wild Man not play Gwath before. On one hand, wise: ignore Fea, rebuff Nogrod. On other, not say much, seem present but not commit own viewpoint.

Nogrod - Accuse Gwath on poor grounds. But Wild Man feel this just to make discussion. Wild Man inclide to think Nogrod innocent.

Aganzir - Not German. Seem reasonable. No link between two preceding sentence, of course, Mac!

Mac - Say Menel too careful. Wild Man agree. But he himself seem too careful! Not explain thought process. Therefore Wild Man wary of him.

Menel - Too careful. Wild Man wary of him. Cast Cobbler suspicion on phantom, perhaps he want deflect attention?

Sally - Like syntax. Wild Man not know what think yet. Seem not say much although talk much.

Brinniel - Very careful - not suspect anyone! This bad.

Lariren - Say little but seem reasonable in what she say.

Strongbow - Alcoholic beverage. Seem ok.

Feanor Peredhillion - Make Wild Man head hurt. Say nothing of use. Wild Man want lynch.

Ilya - Wild Man not know why people trust. He wary. She talk in riddle, she say soulmate be loud. But she new. So Wild Man give doubt-benefit. Also, Medieval Total War make Wild Man think of own youth in day of yore.

Shasta / Kath / Gollum - Use few word. Wild Man like word. Please use more word.

Cailineomer - Seem to engage little. Vote Nogrod for same meta-reason Wild Man want lynch Fea (and former time phantom). Please use more word. But Wild Man trust more than Shasta-Kath-Gollum.

Wild Man suspect many. But this better than suspect none. Wild Man raise in forest, in mountain! Wild Man know world harsh.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #114
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwbs
Not explain thought process.
What thought process?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #115
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
And Boro- what are you hoping to see Thursday? What sort of opera will OU and FU perform? A thrilling tale with a surprise ending? Will it feature huge stars singing brilliant arias? Or will it be a dud, and leave the audience booing half the cast?~tp
I despise both of them, but that Sooner should have shut his mouth against UF, Tebow will show him a running QB I fear. I hope OU gets destroyed and Bradford has a horrible game, just so the Lions hopefully won't take him with the 1st pick.

But, hey now I let you do your thing, now let me get discussion way off track and way out of use to look like the cobbler. That's my protection at night! You know what this does, now that I have bluntly stated what I'm doing, right? Now, let's see if the critics have the nerve to do what they couldn't last time.

Cailin gets a pass today, I want to nominate that for my "Best post of the day" contest. A little rusty as WW is a tune she has not practiced for a while? Nope, not Cailin, always prepared. And I want to see how her scenario plays out.

tgwbs gets a pass too, not for the Wild Man speech, but very similar to Cailin. Away for a while? No problem, the show starts and he's already in full stride.

That's all, everyone else - watch out.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:48 AM   #116
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

According, lazily, to Mith's voice-range list...

I shall give meta-reasons for my suspicions and lack thereof.

Sally - Typically seems more innocent than she seems now. So while I don't suggest that she's evil, I do suggest that she might be hiding something.

Lariren - Newbie. She can live a good long while unless she does something that is so obviously wolf-like that it would be foolish not to lynch her.

Ilya - No idea.

Brinniel - My arch-nemesis in the last game I played. My utter downfall. And the sole wolf winner after a lupine massacre at the hands of Boroseer88 and the Opera Ghost. I'll never trust her again. That said, she seems genuinely innocent. However... she seemed innocent all the times she's not been too. Brinn meta-terrifies me.

Kath - I've seen her be a very sneaky wolf. In fact, I've been on her team when she was being a very sneaky wolf. But I don't think she's being particularly sneaky at the moment.

Aganzir - The first time I played with her, I thought she was a boy. My bad. I apologize.

Gwath - Was strangely knee-jerk about me not getting down to the point of the game. What he forgot was obviously that the point of the game isn't for villagers to kill wolves, or wolves to kill villagers, it's to entertain Mith. Which I was obviously concentrating on. Which means I should be applauded, and he should be lynched.

Shasta - Has meta-awesome intuition. He also bickers with the phantom. You just can't kill somebody who bickers with the phantom.

Nogrod - Whether evil or not, he tends to provide a voice of reason (except when he's a desperate wolf and his voice of reason starts to seriously lack any semblance of said reason).

The Phantom - is probably the seer.

Meneltarmacil - I don't know.

Strongbow - His nickname of Bowie makes me want to sing Space Oddity. Other than that, I've got nothin'.

Macalaure - A lover of epic proportion, he is willing to travel to the ends of the earth for his True Love. In game, though, he's probably not quite so cool.

Gollum the Great - Goll, correct me if I'm wrong, weren't you in the first ever game, back in the day? Gollum should talk more. I don't have enough meta-knowledge of him to pretend anything about him on Day One.

TGWBS - Fea think wild man talk good. Fea think wild man not wolf. Fea like whims. Fea also like xe. Wild man teach xe. Fea like wild man, subsequently.

Boromir 88 - is the divo, of course.

Cailineomer - has it lucky to be attached at the name to the man who first taught me that the magnetic status of the little fingers of Brits is different from that of Americans.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #117
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

No wiser, but in more of a hurry:

++Meneltarmacil
Old 01-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #118
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I refuse to make any statements regarding Gwath. At the risk of unintentionally naming his exact role, and providing a perfect scenario that would lead to my instantaneous death. I will not give Gwath the benefits of another sig!

Fea is good in my books, for that list. I don't know how to say it, but tgwbs and Fea's lists make me feel differently than Brinn's list. Wolves have to be careful when making lists, and Brinn's looks like she doesn't want to step on anyone's toes yet.

This might sound hypocritical, but whatever, as far as Menel's carefulness - that doesn't make him look suspicious. Every single time I get a funny feeling early on about Menel, precisely because he is careful. But the one time Menel was a wolf, he was a bit more defensive. His two statements about having no humor because he's a Nazgul and:
Quote:
Oh, and don't suspect me based on the fact that I'm a Nazgul. I just happened to find this ring in a Cracker Jack box. How was I supposed to know it was one of the Nine?
This just doesn't look like a Menel of any evil kind (critic or cobbler). He's cleared for today.

Edit: crossed with Mac
Old 01-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Less than three pages! Are you all having sore throats or something?

So it seems that Boro and tp are at it again. Or at least they're giving out the impression they are at it again. Jolly good. I'd leave them to try and survive a few Nights first eg. I'm not willing to lynch either of them at least without some very serious arguments.

As well I'd be keen to see all those returning to the game for some time in at least a few Days with the same reservations: a believable case makes me chnge my mind.

Blah, I need to vote in about an hour so I'll jump back and see if there's anything that could help.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #120
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boromir 88 - is the divo, of course.~Fea
It's great to see you think that, quite an honor, seriously. However, I must say I'm not divo material, what is it that you, Mith, and Rikae likened to me as...oh that's right a whipping boy who had to cater to the Mods every whim. A divo would imply greatness, a certain air of quality - that's an aura I don't have. Or an aroma of arrogance, something else that I don't posess.

So, I would say either you or tp fit the diva/o description best. And if tp's the seer - well then, what are you?