User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2004, 09:52 AM   #201
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

oops! I've put Aelimur in the archives now also, as was specified by Eorl's post in the game, it seemed he was in.. I hope that's ok! He won't be doing much, if you'd like, I can make him stand guard with Roryn.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #202
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
One question so I can write up a post:
Where exactly is the entrance to the archives? I can't figure it out. Is it outside or inside the library, and, if so, where in the library. I have to get Idruil to start milling around there.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 02-24-2004, 02:08 PM   #203
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

I left that open Melisil... Maén went her own way so your characters could have been in there...

As for the Archives, they are joining the library but in another building that is guarded.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-24-2004, 04:51 PM   #204
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Hello all my Legacy friends!!

Just to announce if people are questioning Aman and I have been talking and we are thinking about setting those two together in a more romantic way/ally thingy. I hope I worded it right Aman. Anyway that's what we think would make it a little more interesting. Allies/Traitors/romance. Well that's our thought. Thought it would add a fairly interesting twist.

Hope that is alright with everyone.

I hope everyone is well and good. I am now in better spirits. I do hope that my illness and under the weather attitude haven't damped my posts. If they have I apologize and beg for your forgiveness.

Thank you all!!

Until the next person posts,

Crystal Heart
Old 02-24-2004, 06:46 PM   #205
Melisil
Wight

Pipe

Everdawn--- ok, it just looked like you had chosen who was/wasn't going in..

Crystal-- ooh! I like that idea! It could add a very fun twist, and ya, it will fit in fairly fine either way aswell!
Old 02-24-2004, 09:30 PM   #206
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Romance? *winces*

You mean one of this story-book thingy that becomes

*and then they lived happily ever after*

EDIT: Sorry for wincing, but it really, really disgusts me.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 02-24-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:11 AM   #207
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Hey thats cool a couple! I have just one wish... drive us crazy to see whether they get together or not, I love that!

Also, I have one thing that im noticing in some posts that some portrayals of Maén are starting to stray from her true character, she is not a happy person, she has this horrible memory from her past which has caused her obsessiveness to find Guriel. Im imaginging how horrible it would be to live like that when I write my posts, Im hoping to get across the sense of hope that she has to hold onto, her drive to win. Not to mean that she is nasty, not at all, she is quite compassionate but smiles rarely... get what I mean.

And I have been thinking of this also for a while now when I began to notice my posts for Maén were becoming bland of her individual self, we have been concerntrating too hard on getting the game done that we have been ignoring the character's individual interactions with eachother... The only real interaction which is taking place is between Atharen and Crystal. I dont want you guys to think that im dissing you or anything, becuase im doing it too, but I want to believe that these characters are real, when they get hurt or possibly die, I want to feel pain.

Do you guys get what I mean?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #208
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan- It's not a "happily ever after sort of thing." We are simply writing and dealing with whatever happens. If Crystal or Atharen die then that's the way it will be. Just watch and keep an open mind. You may be surprised by the wonder of the pen, or the keyboard as we are all using at the present moment. A closed mind will make your character hostile towards the Crystal and Atharen. Being open minded is a virtue that many have a hard time possessing. Try conqeuring being closed minded, you may be thoroughly surprised my dear friend.

Everdawn-Of course it will not be simple as there is nothing simple in real life. I personally thank you for the compliment. I have been writing for a long time, since a wee child in fact. I am glad that my character has some depth and dimension.

Here is what I do when I write, I put myself in the character. I feel and think what my character would feel and think. Do not be the narrator, do not be outside the game, be the game. Be the person, feel the world. Imagine, being in this setting of swords, horses, and the like. 'Tis so much easier to write. Write from your heart and the words shall flow like a mighty river over a wonderous waterfall. The wonder of words should be a wonder. Feel it all, do not over think. Over thinking hurts the truth and pure ways of writing.

I hope that this helps everyone in their writings. It is what I have done all of my life. I find that it makes writing so much more of an adventure and a wonder. I also find that it makes you wonder and want more because you are unsure of how your character will react next. Be free my friends.

Until I come back online,

Crystal Heart-maiden of the pen
Old 02-25-2004, 01:22 PM   #209
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
I think not

Quote:
Originally posted by Crystal Heart
Eorl of Rohan- It's not a "happily ever after sort of thing." We are simply writing and dealing with whatever happens.
Indeed, I rather doubt it will be a happy ever after story - I don't do cliches, and besides, looking at my track record, sadly, happy endings don't get much of a look in really...

Anyway, I would hope y'all would have noticed the feelings between Atharen and Crystal on the RPG (nice notice there anyway though, Crystal ), but a fundamental point is that that's because...you can see their thoughts! That's right, ladies and gents, and it is rather an advantage over your character, who can't. I'm just saying this because, without any real encouragement or reason, several characters appear to have leaped to the conclusion that Atharen and Crystal are in love. Well, this is the thing - as yet, they aren't properly, and being their secrete selves, no real reason has really been given to the others that they have that sort of feeling towards each other. Maybe others would sense that there was something, a sort of affinity maybe, between them - but please could I ask you to alter the references to holding hands and them actually being in love (obviously not you, Crystal).

Thanks
Old 02-25-2004, 02:24 PM   #210
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Forgot to mention... Hama, nice reference to the scroll Gandalf found and read in the Minas Tirith Archives!

Crystal: When i was designing Maén I origionally thought of her being half way between Commodus (For his temperment in Gladiator), Mulan and Rachel from "The Ring". Quite a god mix I think to start her off.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-25-2004, 07:31 PM   #211
Melisil
Wight

Pipe wow, alot of writing praised!

I've filled in the kind of half-save thingy I had on my last post now.

Eorl: don't think that it will be 'happy ever after'. Although there is a chance of this, it may or may not happen. Also, I loved your last post, but where is Del?

Aman & Crystal: I've been very much loving your writing! Both your characters are very real, and keeping me want to know what happens next!

Everybody: This game has just been getting better! yay! haha, it's helping me with my writing alot too!

PS. adding to my title: alot of exclamation marks used too...
Old 02-26-2004, 02:45 AM   #212
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Yeah...as of yet, Roryn doesn't know anything, but he's seen the way that Crystal's been glancing at Atharen occasionally, and looking when she's behind him. He suspects that Crystal has fallen for Atharen, and doesn't really care, he just thinks that its foolish to love, period...for reasons that may or may not be revealed later...
Old 02-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #213
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thank you Melisil for your compliment.

I hope all my advice helps everyone.

As for the happily ever after, it isn't entirely out of the question. But we are playing this as if it was real life, nothing is ever happily ever after in the real world. Believe me, living a life time in this world shows you that.

Del said that he couldn't be online for a while, he figured we would kill him off. He wanted to apologize to everyone. Maybe we could play his character until he returns? Just a suggestion.

Ta ta until tomorrow my friends,

Crystal Heart
Old 02-27-2004, 01:16 AM   #214
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Eladain Moruviel said last tiem I head that he could have to give the game up. Does this mean he is coming back? If he is could he PM me or something?

Okay... JUst notice, im going to get Maén out of the archives and i dont really want everyone left behind, so if anyone has anyting to say to her best do it now or it will be ot late and we will haev moved on... (finally! ) and I will have Carathir waiting outside and a post up for him shortly.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-27-2004, 05:01 AM   #215
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No, I was not being close-minded, I am afraid to have offended you all.

You see, I am only fifteen, and I can't stand my classmates talking about handsome movie stars annd boyfriends. I don't understand them. So I have always associated romance with something vaguely adultish, disgusting, and stupid thing that takes up valuable time that could be used profitably in reading...

Maybe I am too young yet to understand that romance is not a repulsive thing. I'm only fifteen, after all.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:20 AM   #216
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

AS for the tip, Everdawn, that is exactly what I do

You don't mean we will not kill Del? I spent hours on his death scene!

And I will not complain of romance hereafter, Everdawn and Amanduial the archer, I will just not read your posts. If romance is enjoyable to you all, I have no right to oppose it.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 02-27-2004 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:27 AM   #217
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

So by reading Ferethor's little entry, are we all going to outside and be like..."Oh! I wonder where Ferethor is?" - to put it simply. Is that right?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-27-2004, 06:57 AM   #218
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I guess so.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:23 AM   #219
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Roryn is already out and is waiting by the entrace after leading the libaraian away. When Maen comes out he will help them get out of the library unseen...
Old 02-27-2004, 11:52 AM   #220
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Quote:
Originally posted by Eorl of Rohan
No, I was not being close-minded, I am afraid to have offended you all.

You see, I am only fifteen, and I can't stand my classmates talking about handsome movie stars annd boyfriends. I don't understand them. So I have always associated romance with something vaguely adultish, disgusting, and stupid thing that takes up valuable time that could be used profitably in reading...

Maybe I am too young yet to understand that romance is not a repulsive thing. I'm only fifteen, after all.
Eorl, so am I Cime on, man, it's a role-play.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:59 AM   #221
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Keeping On Topic

Unless the romance plot twist has ill effects on the RPG, please do not discuss your personal biases on the Game Discussion Thread.

There is PM and Chat for discussing things that don't concern the game directly.

Thanks!

Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 02-27-2004, 12:04 PM   #222
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Eladain Moruviel

Everdawn

Eladain's last post on the entire BD forum was the one to you where he announced he could not play in the game.

I doubt he will be back and he did say his character could be done with as you wished - carried along or killed, he said.

~*~ Pio
Old 02-27-2004, 03:14 PM   #223
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

I thought it so. So guys, you can just stick to the plan, righte-o?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-27-2004, 03:17 PM   #224
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Ok, I'll just sort of mill until something happens.

Perhaps, Everdawn, you could place up a Carathir (or anyone who might end up outside) post so that Idruil could finally notice someone. Everything can begin with a civilized conversation, until everyone else rushes out and jams the door. Idruil, suspicious, demands what's going on, etc. (you get the idea).

Must write up an Idruil post. I'm off!

Old 02-27-2004, 03:22 PM   #225
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Yeah! That would work really well becuase Carathir is a man of the east so his appearance would not be welcoming to most Gondorians.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-27-2004, 03:28 PM   #226
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

YAY, dramatic tension! My area of literary expertise.

I'll start writing up the post.

I assume it'll go something like (also including the post after this one)): Idruil is still wandering and being nostalgic in the library. He notices Carathir near the passage to the Archives and addresses him. He can perhaps strike up a conversation, since he's currently very bored, and then the Legacy questers plunge out. Idruil draws his weapon, demanding that an explanation be given. When he hears of the quest (or however that works out) he would jump at the oppurtunity to join the group and ignore the breaking and entering.

Old 02-27-2004, 04:18 PM   #227
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Great, ill have the post up in a while.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-27-2004, 06:05 PM   #228
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

What specifically will your Carathir post contain? I want to prepare my post in advance, since I'm really itching to write it. Will Carathir notice Idruil wandering or will he remain oblivious? If it is the latter, Idruil can just come up to him and attempt to make conversation.

Old 02-27-2004, 10:59 PM   #229
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

The Latter

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-28-2004, 02:48 AM   #230
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I apologize, Piosenniel,. I have a tendency to go bit off topic now and then, I will try to not to do so in the future. Sorry for taking up your time.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:22 AM   #231
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand Moving Matters

Transport.... Do we want horses, those witout can be paid for by our little blonde chorine. What say you? It's just that some may choose to walk but Maén will NOT walk the distance... she told me so herself.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-28-2004, 07:42 AM   #232
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Gondorians are unused to horses. I vote for foot.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:57 AM   #233
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Ok, the Idruil post is up. For now, he's just walking behind Carathir, since he (and I) could not think of anything valid for him to say to a complete stranger. If anyone else can think of something, don't hesitate to tell me and I'll edit my post accordingly. Otherwise, Idruil will just follow until he notices everyone bursting out of the archives (I assume Crystal, Ferethor, and Atharen are still inside?)

On the subject of horses: Idruil still has a horse, not far from the archives, but he'd be willing to walk if everyone else would, since he is just as used to it. My vote is foot, though, since Gondorians aren't horse people, but if Maen prefers horses, we should all bow to her wishes *bows*.

Old 02-28-2004, 08:04 AM   #234
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eorl of Rohan - please see your PMs.

Everdawn - sorry, I am a little confused by your most recent post. You said Maen wondered where Ferethor, Atharen and Crystal were - actually, we're outside, with you I think, although we may arrive a few moments later from getting Ferethor out of his tight space.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:28 PM   #235
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

REMOVING YOUR SIGNATURES

Please remember to remove your signatures from every game post.

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator
Old 02-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #236
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Ah! Of course! I thought you guys were still inside, not to worry ill change my post.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-29-2004, 06:32 PM   #237
Melisil
Wight

I put Roryn, Maen, Del, and Aelimur as running in a different direction then Atharan, Ferethor, and Crystal. No problems there?

Ok, anyways, I just wanted to make sure there is no one else with them right now. ((sorry if I forgot you ))
Old 02-29-2004, 07:33 PM   #238
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

My post got us out of there and we should just be waiting for Atharen, Crystal and Ferethor to catch up, allthoutgh they are a small way behind. We are ready to roll!

EDIT NOTE: Have watched "The Others" Today, was unnerved at how much Nicole's character is like the darker side of Maén, spooky!

~My lord, Éomer~

Last edited by Everdawn; 03-01-2004 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:32 AM   #239
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

There is going to be a stormy scene with Ferethor and Atharen - so it may be a while before they catch up. What about meeting Idruil while they are busy?
Old 03-01-2004, 04:34 AM   #240
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand Ahhhhh! To Aviod peril of the mission!

Danger! Danger Will Robinson!!!!

Dont tell Maén about the guards! She would have an absoloute spak-attack! and would fire them on the spot! You know how she feels about the guards of Minas Tirith and the King! For the love of Elendil keep it a secret from her!

~My lord, Éomer~