The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #481
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Disagree with it all you want but there's nothing irrational about it. I'm not saying I'm for it but it's an option for the village.
Yes, but let's not allow it to become the only option, hey? There are people around who look more actually evil than Izzy... I mean, I really didn't have terribly good reasons for voting her yesterDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
of both days, I think Caber looks pretty bad for his wagon hopping votes; not to mention he was involved in lynching two innocents.
Yes... I wouldn't mind betting McCaber's a baddie... Probably only the Robber Bridegroom, though– unless Izzy herself is a wolf.

Reasoning: if all the favourites last Night were innocent, there's no reason for a wolf to stick his neck out like that, except to save a packmate. Getting the Seer wouldn't count, because I don't think Mith would have looked Seerish to the wolves... but she might have to the RB.

EDIT: And, of course, much the same logic applies to Greenie.

EDIT: X'd since Eomer at 477.
EDIT2:Clarification.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-24-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #482
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well Kath, in Lommy's game I decided to become a loudmouth again, like I was in the early Werewolf games. I had become a shadowy figure since then, so now I've reverted back to annoying guy who should be killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Eomer, thank you, but I am running out of time one way or another and "I maun dree my weird".
Where're Nilp or Sauce when you need them? All I got is 'maiden'.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:43 AM   #483
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
why did Izzy have maniacal laughter?
Well, she says she's going to explain.

12-1 says she never will.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #484
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hmm now it seems people are confused over my vote from yesterDay, or at least Inzil and Eomer are. Clearly some people are too lazy to go back and look for the previous post!

So:
Quote:
Now here's something. From the post before I'd have guessed that Lommy would vote Nienna, then suddenly she has a flip-flop and ends up voting Shasta. Eomer seems to cross-post a bit with his vote for Nienna and I wonder whether he was going for a safe position in a bandwagon there.
Was my reasoning.

I'm also slightly confused by Inzil's reasoning for voting me yesterDay:
Quote:
Kath has been calmly dropping in from time to time, offering a few perfectly legitimate observations, than quietly disappearing. She has set her vote for Eomer, who I haven't gotten much from, and offered no good reason for doing so.
So ... I have good observations, and I'm calm ... and thus am suspicious? And, I did so have a reason for voting Eomer. *points up*

Off to help unpack shopping, back in a bit.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #485
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Well Kath, in Lommy's game I decided to become a loudmouth again, like I was in the early Werewolf games. I had become a shadowy figure since then, so now I've reverted back to annoying guy who should be killed.
Ah, I see. Interesting possible bluff.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:50 AM   #486
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Voting me because I cross-posted?

You are certainly not off the hook.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:55 AM   #487
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Wow. Lots of posts to read. Unfortunately it looks like one big mess to me.

Is Izzy still around? What was the deal with the laughing?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #488
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield Votes so far

Lari for Fea: because she's been quiet. You couldn't make it up. (Well you could but you wouldn't have to.)

Gaurcrist for Phantom: I'm sure we all sympathise with this.

Mirandir for Fea: seems to have a case, here. Not sure what to make of it.

Aganzir for Izzy: Not sure what to make of this either. It's at least interesting.

Inziladun for Izzy: hmm.

Gwathagor for Aganzir.

Shasta for Eomer.

Fea, 2
Phantom 1
Izzy, 2
Aganzir, 1
Eomer, 1
Old 05-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #489
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Mirandir for Fea: seems to have a case, here. Not sure what to make of it.
*shrugs*

Well, she titled her post, "The case against Fea," rambled for a bit, failed to explain what the case consisted of, then voted her anyway.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #490
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Aganzir - She is foul. She looks really helpful and has been on the consistent road thus far, until toDay.

Why didn't you use that as your reason yesterDay? How did one comment about reading the Miss Red particulars, turn into plural things? Why would I do such a thing when I thought Boro innocent, and Eomer no idea? How is my suspicions of Shasta weird? He has been exhibiting foul behavior. On Day One, you were quite ready to lynch him for damage limitation. Damage limitation because he either was your mate, or would become your mate? Shasta received attention eh? Like the attention a Rabid Wolf gives to an ordo when turning them to the dark side? That kind?

Caber - I don't really know what to make of him. His Day one and Day Two votes look quite bandwaggony, and that is about all I can say towards him.

Eomer - He is puzzling me. He seems quite noncommittal, and content to stay that way. To make quick forays into the world of suspicions, then retreat quickly back. He definitely follows the current fad.

Fea - You know. Good Question.

Gaur - I think him probably innocent.

Greenie - Quite in the middle for me. She doesn't stick out in any way. I'm tending to lean innocent at the moment.

Gwath - Save for some early identity-crisis, I have no read on him.

Izzy - EyeZeeZeeWhy

Kath - She is still alive, so I think her guilty. She hasn't tried lynching me yet, so I think her innocent.

Lari - Feel better.

Mira - Her case on Fea is weak. Other than that, I don't know what to say about her; given that she didn't continue to give me a reason to vote for her.

Nerwen - She is looking innocent, middle of nowhere to me. I can't recall if she has made a complete list of her thoughts on everyone.

Phantom - I think he is off his game.

Shasta - He is foul. I wouldn't expect him to be so sloppy, unless he is an Ordo wanting to be turned, or the Cobbler.

Zil - He seems to be middle of the road, with leaning guilty. He goes with the flow of what other people say a bit too much.

X'd since Nerwen's #483
Old 05-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #491
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Precisely. Cases can be good or bad. Mirandir seems to have put a little bit of effort into getting words down in the hope of the other villagers ignoring it but nevertheless passingit off as 'a case'.

In other news, far is abody?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #492
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

So I'm going to have a speedy look at what's been going on toDay and then vote. We're off out in not too much time I think.

Lari - is ill so I guess gets a free pass for toDay.

Agan - says Eomer looks wolvish if he thought Mith was the Seer but didn't bother trying to save her.

phantom - feels only knowledge of Izzy's role will tell us about the voters. Makes sense. Wants to look at Izzy, Nerwen and Eomer. Questions Shasta.

Gaurcrist - list of 'bads' but no reasons. Despite the way it's said, mildly fair point on phantom. There really is no point in saying 'guess I was right' after the fact. But then most of us do that. Votes phantom, whom he really seems to have taken against.

Inzil - I hate to say this because it's me who you're finding suspicious, but don't give up on your suspicions because no one else is sharing them. Unless they're the Seer or a wolf no one in the village has any more knowledge than you do, and are no more likely to be right. Anyway, apart from that wants to hear more from McCaber, Fea, Shasta and Gwath. Now I agree about most of those but Shasta has been pretty vocal. Says he has no idea about phantom.

McCaber - defends phantom. Explains himself, fairly I feel.

Izzy - says Shasta is hypocritical because he voted Mith without giving reasons. Was this the case?

Right sorry this is as far as I'm able to get. I'm actually not very happy about Eomer. I feel that my reasoning from yesterDay is fair and his response to suspicions seems to be to roll his eyes at them which, if he's innocent, isn't a great way to deal with them if only because it gets people's backs up! Otherwise I'm not thrilled by Gaurcrist, two Days in the village and we're still not getting reasons for things and Izzy because she hasn't explained herself and there's only half an hour until deadline.

So:

++EOMER
Old 05-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #493
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Indeed, Izzy is still here.

The maniacal laughter. It was an epiphany moment.
Well you see, I believe I've got three of four Nefarious baddies. Five if you count the Cobbler, since they can still take out Cinderella.
Which is why I said it couldn't be that easy.

X'd with Kath.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #494
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Awesome. The game is won!
Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #495
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
The maniacal laughter. It was an epiphany moment.
Well you see, I believe I've got three of four Nefarious baddies. Five if you count the Cobbler, since they can still take out Cinderella.
...Well? You can't just leave it at that.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #496
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I KNOW! Huh?!?!

The jury is still out on whether I'm capable of trusting my own epiphanies at such an hour. Then again at such an hour, I get a bit loopy. You know what they say about loopy people.

X'd with Nerwen.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:37 AM   #497
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Hmm, now she's stalling. Someone's just trying to avoid the noose, eh?

*keep provoking her, it's our only hope*
Old 05-24-2009, 07:38 AM   #498
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++ Shasta

He feels the utmost foulest to me. For a more elaborated reason, see all of my previous posts about him.

X'd with Eomer.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #499
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Aganzir - Eeeeevil? I always wish I was the seer so I could learn people and then lay hints.

Caber - I've seen some of his votes look dodgy.

Eomer - Welcome back, brash darling. But I still want to know why Mith was so confident in you and so against Shasta. Apart from Shasta looking dodgy, I mean...

Gaur - New kid. *shrug*

Greenie - I forgot she was even playing.

Gwath - I wish he'd explain what put him off of Aganzir. I know why I think she's dangerous and it reflects much of the flippancy others have noted, but it was Gwath that bolded that snatch of writing, right? And my reaction was, "Wait... what's wrong with what she said?" And it looks like nobody else really got his aha moment either.

Izzy - Eye don't particularly zee zee why. But I'm pretty sure she's inventing. I'm with the others about wanting to kill her to find out what she's on about.

Kath -

Lari - Ill. And since I have to bring her poor illness home after a long flight, I'll be nice to her. Besides: she hasn't done anything to make me feel like I need to lynch her anyway. She comes across as totally innocent (if not unGifted).

Mira - Made a weak case against me, most likely out of desperation to make some sort of case at all.

Nerwen - I keep getting Nerwen's posts slightly confused with Izzy's, so it's possible that I actually think Nerwen's the one that's been acting off her rocker, and am just attributing it to the wrong person in my mind.

Phantom - I concur. Off his feed.

Shasta - Is amusing me to no end with his shenanigans, but is also concerning me because when I see somebody start emulating the phantom, I assume that person is trying to get killed. Robber Bridegroom? *reminds self to check roles and rules yet again to see what's possible*

Zil - Doesn't really say or do anything to stick out to me. In fact, the most noticeable thing about him is his very bright avatar.

Since I don't think Izzy is actually the seer (I - it should be a given - think somebody else is), I am forced to assume she's either protecting somebody or she's evil.

Or both.

Blah.

I really loathe games where I'm nothing particularly special. I get bored with my lack of inside knowledge.

++Izzy

It's also a given that I'd like to avoid the noose. So yes: I'm voting partly to save myself, and partly because her actions freak me out.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #500
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Okay, so, Izzy is certain that Shasta and Agan are bad.

If she's right, then she's definitely dead tonight (without a FGM save).

You know that, don't you Izzy?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #501
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Uhh yeah. I stated it numerous hours ago, and recently. Not my fault it was not commented on or mentioned.

X'd with Fea and Phantom.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #502
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Indeed I do know that.
I am actually quite looking forward to being Wolf Dinner.
Can't recall the last time I was a meal for the Nefarious ones.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #503
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
15 minutes left people.

Votes:

Fea - 2
Phantom - 1
Izzy - 3
Agan - 1
Eomer - 2
Shasta - 1
Old 05-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #504
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Yes phantom, it's too late now. One more day is all, but we could use certainty if there is certainty, for today's lynching, as well as tomorrow's.

So... what say ye?

Edit: well, there it is.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:47 AM   #505
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Interesting.
Verrry interesting. I do say.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #506
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

So, Shasta today? Oh I'm going to enjoy this.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #507
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, enough messing around.

I made my case for her Day 2, and my mind has not changed.

++Izzy
Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 AM   #508
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Do you really want certainty, Eomer?

Bad choice phantom.

For you are lynching your Ranger.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #509
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
For you are lynching your Ranger.
Last ditch effort or sincerity?

Gah!

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 05-24-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: x'd with Eomer
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #510
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

There are other mysterious powers at work, mind.

Well, this is truly some excellent last-gasp drama. I see tp has made his choice.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #511
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Finally. I was waiting for you to make a claim. Now we just have to decide whether or not to believe you. Unfortunately you waited till seven minutes left to speak up, which doesn't leave much time for a good decision.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:54 AM   #512
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sincerity to the fullest.

your are lynching your Ranger.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:54 AM   #513
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Okay, I had to go away and do stuff– just got back and saw Izzy's reveal.

She may be bluffing, but it's too much of a risk... don't want to lynch Eomer or Fea, so

++Shasta,

the much talked-about.

EDIT: X'd since Fea at 509.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #514
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Has the Seer dreamed of you, Izzy?

If so, you've been able to PM with the Seer, and would know some information. What say you?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #515
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

That could be a bluff; or if not, I hope your friend is the silent type.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #516
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I was trying to avoid claiming.
Staying hidden would've provided the village with a much better chance.

But apparently the village does not want that chance.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #517
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

They did indeed dream of me.
Did you not see it?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #518
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

No, I didn't see it. I haven't read half the posts today, and all the others I've read only once.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #519
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

++SHASTA
Old 05-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #520
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So your claim is, the Seer has dreamed of you plus two baddies, Shasta and Agan. Correct?