User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2003, 02:45 AM   #201
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Lugbúrz has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I have been waiting for an opportune moment to post for over a week now, but find it hard to do so with the "saves" and Bethberry's post far ahead of where the thieves seem to be yet.

I will be glad to tie things together 'loosely' and end the game, but do not want to upset anyone's personal interest.

Please let me know what is to be done,
Lug

PS: Bethberry, I sent you a PM. I hope it did not get lost, but I understand if you'd like to reply to it at leisure.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:47 AM   #202
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

Deorlin's MIA. PM Sadbh (who seems to be his sister) for details, but unless we hear differently, I'd say we'll be missing him for a few days.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 01-27-2003, 05:07 PM   #203
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Sabh told me to man Deorlin's character, probably for the rest of the RP, so I will attempt to do so.

I send my best wishes and a healing chant to Deorlin. Sabh: tell him to relax and to not get himself further hurt by trying to do things he is not able to do (such as trying to sit up long enough to type on a computer in Role-Playing Games)! My love and wishes to you and Deorlin!
Old 01-27-2003, 05:55 PM   #204
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Wight

Orofacion of the Vanyar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofacion of the Vanyar
Sting

All,

RL engagements snuck up and pounced me this last week or so and I am just now getting through them. My apologies for the unannounced absence.

Theives,

I've PMed you all.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:18 PM   #205
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

While there has been some good recent interest, this game is lagging on way, way too long. It was intended to be a two-week bit of fun during the holidays. And now that people are back to a regular schedule, we seem to be having great difficulties with consistent posting and coordinating strategy. A short game requires focus and concentration and for various reasons that is becoming more and more difficult. No one's fault--RL just intrudes rudely at times.

This is quite frustrating for everyone, I'm sure. I see some recent interest, but doubt if this is enough. I am quite tempted to tell Lug to do a wrap up post. If I don't see concerted work bringing events up to the place where the thieves take the barge across the river by Tuesday, January 28 at 10 pm BD site time, Lug and I will post a conclusion and I will close the game on Wednesday.

(Events can be handled through a 'flashback' post at the site I placed everyone. See my most recent post on the Rohan RPG as Ulfwine for an example of a flashback post.)

There's been many great posts and interesting characters in the game. I've enjoyed gaming with those of you who are new here and with those I've gamed with before. I hope to see you again in new games.

Bethberry
Old 01-28-2003, 12:54 AM   #206
Sadbh
Haunting Spirit

Sadbh has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

GAH! My life has suddenly become a turbulent sea of frothy frothiness. My brother (Deorlin) had an emergency on Thursday and went into surgery (coincidently the same day my newest sister was born- fun fun). Absolutely no lie! Really!

And now on top of it I find out my child is the heir of Slytherin and why didn't I know this? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Have you had somebody check out your fevered forehead, Garen?( [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img])

Maybe if I stick my head into a Belgian waffle iron I can squeeze a post out... I don't really know. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Argh! Brain... ceasing... function... oh wait, not yet, anyways.

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 11:23 AM   #207
Airerűthiel
Wight

Airerűthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Zoinks! Better post big climatic 'confrontation-with-guard-of-Gondor' thing for Maikadurion...drum roll please everybody! *crosses her fingers in the hope that her idea for drawing the 'planned' - and I stress the word planned - saga to a close works*
Old 01-28-2003, 02:28 PM   #208
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Zoinks?!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:52 PM   #209
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I'm at work, using a computer I'm actually not allowed to use, so I'll make this short!

Changing the broken parts in my computer, made the entire system break down and it wouldn't even start. I have someone working very hard on the problem, but I may be without a puter for a day or maybe the rest of the week. Which means that I can't really participate any longer.

Bethberry, all, I'm so very sorry. Good luck with the rest of the Ride. If I can't make it back to kill Rhana myself, please give the little b*tch what she deserves, OK? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 03:04 PM   #210
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

She dies?! Well, can Ulfeg kill her then. Cos then Kane has even more reason for some serious payback when Ulfeg turns...
Old 01-28-2003, 06:36 PM   #211
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

However you want Izręnna and Deorlin to meet up with you is fine with me. I don't know whether Deorlin would mind his character dying, but I do not think he would. I just do not want to be the one to kill him off...

They are nearing you now, so it should not take too long on the way back to meet up with them again...
Old 01-28-2003, 08:59 PM   #212
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Sadbh, please give Deorlin our wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope he can return to the Downs soon.

Kiara is ill again, so Lug will be carrying her character. Once he and I have confirmed the specifics, and once all those saves are filled in, he and I will post and then I'll close the game. PM me if you have any last minute requests. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

No more posts now unless from Lug or me. Then, we're history.

Best wishes All.
Bethberry
Old 01-29-2003, 01:54 AM   #213
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

The Eye

Bethberry

That feels like life renewed to a destitute leper who was unable to use his pen!

I will be easily able to coordinate this with you and provide suitable closure to this perilous jaunt. I will follow after your post tomorrow.

Also, thank you for your kind PM and salutary advice.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:57 AM   #214
Airerűthiel
Wight

Sting

So presumably that means no flashbacks or anything?

Amanduial, i apologise for the 'zoinks' thing...i kinda went into crazy scooby-doo mode (don't ask...)
Old 01-29-2003, 12:15 PM   #215
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lol, seems youre not the only one. On another board I go to theres a whole board called "Jinkies".
*sigh*...
Old 01-29-2003, 04:45 PM   #216
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Quote:
No more posts now unless from Lug or me. Then, we're history.
Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Oi vey, I sometimes even make myself sick. I'm sorry...

I leave Izrenna and Deorlin in your able hands, Bethberry! Not that I have much choice, but I would have done so anyway!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:22 PM   #217
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Woah, a rather swift and brutal end to Gormel- that has gotta hurt...
Old 01-31-2003, 02:34 PM   #218
Airerűthiel
Wight

Shield

*plays the Funeral March on air violin* RIP Maikadurion son of Théomer! May your time in the Grey Havens be one of peace and happy memories, and may you find the family you lost as a child once more. *has a weird feeling only she feels depressed at this necessary killing-off*

Just a query: do Elves go to the Grey Havens when they die or not? My Middle-earth knowledge is a little sketchy currently...

Edit: Oh wait, Maikadurion's not really an Elf (well, he is but he isn't, if you know what I mean)...but I'm guessing he probably wouldn't go to the Grey Havens 'cause he's mortal

[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: Airerűthiel ]
Old 02-01-2003, 06:35 AM   #219
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

OK, I'm finally somewhat back up and running.
Looks like I'm not of much use here, though.

Airerűthiel , loved your post. A bit of a surprise, I must say. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 02:18 AM   #220
Estel the Descender
Haunting Spirit

Estel the Descender has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Estel the Descender
Sting

I finally filled my save! I apologise for the length: Gryphon and I have combined our contributions and I did not notice how long our augmented post was until we were finished. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Sorry people!

Airerűthiel

I hope you did not mind me making your character do something heroic before he dies. Like, being half-elven, I expected him to do something really cool before the end. Too bad that his brother had to be his doom. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
Just a query: do Elves go to the Grey Havens when they die or not? My Middle-earth knowledge is a little sketchy currently...

Edit: Oh wait, Maikadurion's not really an Elf (well, he is but he isn't, if you know what I mean)...but I'm guessing he probably wouldn't go to the Grey Havens 'cause he's mortal
Actually, when elves 'die' their spirits went to the Halls of Mandos and then they would be, well, 'reborn'

Quote:
The Elves were not subject to disease, but they could be 'slain': that is their bodies could be destroyed, or mutilated so as to be unfit to sustain life. But this did not lead naturally to 'death': they were rehabilitated and reborn and eventually recovered memory of all their past: they remained 'identical'.
Letter draft to Rhona Beare (continuation to letter 211) by JRR Tolkien
Quote:
The Elves. . . are therefore 'immortal'. Not 'eternally', but to endure with and within the created world, while its story lasts. When 'killed', by the injury or destruction of their incarnate form, they do not escape from time, but remain in the world, either discarnate, or being re-born. This becomes a great burden as the ages lengthen, especially in a world in which there is malice and destruction (I have left out the mythological form which Malice or the Fall of the Angels takes in this fable).
Letter 181 by JRR Tolkien
Men, and half-elves, once they die their spirits are freed from this cycle of reincarnation. In other words, being human entitled one to instant 'Nirvana' from the point of view of the elves.

Elves, however, go to the Grey Havens before the death of their mortal bodies when they get tired of the world.

Everyone

I apologise once again for the extremely long post on page 2 of the RPG.

Estel i-Dhadrantor

[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: Estel the Descender ]
Old 02-03-2003, 09:36 AM   #221
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

So, what's happening now? IS anything going to happen?
Old 02-03-2003, 10:42 AM   #222
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Greetings All,

I 've been waiting for those SAVE posts to be filled in.

Airerűthiel, nicely done indeed. You handled our "back room" planning really well. And you actually now have another character to present at The Horse! Clever.

Lugbúrz, that was a very well done first post. I anticipate there will be one more from you, wherein your character deals the final blow.

Because the game is concluding, I have asked Estel and Gryphon Hall to edit their very nicely interlaced post so that their characters die--OR, at the very least, the post must be vague and equivocal, so that there is no clear statement of whether they live or die. There is no time, unfortunately, to recover them and work with the final scene as well.

My next post will see Izrenna and Deorlin catch up to Ćlfritha and Malienna. Deorlin will exsanguinate by the river side while Izrenna, Malienna, and Aelfritha fight with the strange Gondorian. He will kill Izrenna and Malienna, but will be stopped from killing Ćlritha as well by Anglalchel's arrival. Anglachel, as a merchant headed for Gondor, will know this man, and the two will depart for Gondor, leaving Aelfritha alone.

Thus, I have one post for this fight, Lugburz will then post the end to the thieves and make clear who stole the horses, and then I will have the final post of Ćlfritha returning alone to The White Horse.

I assume Lugbúrz will be able to make his post sometime before Thursday, February 6, when I will close the game and move it to Elvenhome.

Everyone is welcome to come to The White Horse this weekend, for a gathering when Ćlfritha returns there, to celebrate a successful game. We had many interruptions, and many kinds of interruptions, but everyone covered from them well.

Again, if anyone has any questions or concerns, PM me. (Psst, this might mean Maika and Aman.)

Bethberry

[ February 03, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 02-03-2003, 02:35 PM   #223
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lol, very subtle hint there Bethberry. Well, my computer is being a but wierd at the moment and I can only seem to be able to open a certain amount of windows, so I cant open the PM window right at the moment. Just one question; what exactly are we meant to be doing now on the RP?
Old 02-03-2003, 05:06 PM   #224
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Pipe

Bethberry,

Yes, I was hoping to have one more post after you bring the pursuers on par. Depending on how you place them, I will deal with them appropriately. If you would like me to carry the characters instead, just allude to it in your post and I'll try to barge into them. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I have a rather tragic scene in mind for the end, glad you liked the first post.

[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 05:21 PM   #225
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Read my posts above, Aman. It's all laid out. I was giving you and Maika the option, since Maika's computer was broken, of making a final post if you had alread planned something.

Lug, I will postion us and then you can finish your work. I look forward to seeing your post.

Bethberry
Old 02-03-2003, 05:24 PM   #226
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

*Claps for Bethberry, even before she sees the actual post* Bravo! This sounds just as good as the fight scenes in "Gangs of New York" (that was such a good movie)!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:46 AM   #227
Airerűthiel
Wight

Sting

Estel the Descender, thanks for your help with the Middle-earth afterlife - that was very useful information to me. Also, no of course I don't mind you making Maikadurion do something heroic just before he dies - it fits his personality.

Bethberry, am I right in presuming that 'the strange Gondorian' you mentioned in your second-to-last post is Maikadurion's brother? Just asking out of curiosity...
Old 02-04-2003, 12:30 PM   #228
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Erkle. I, um, kind of havent planned ahead... Maika, Lugburz, over to you!
Old 02-04-2003, 05:33 PM   #229
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Quote:
Izrenna's shrieks grew louder until they were stifled by a second thrust of the bloodied sword, into her heart,
Well that was quick...this is beginning to sound like a Shakespearian tragedy: everyone dies...or like Gangs of New York, come to think of it...
Old 02-04-2003, 07:29 PM   #230
Estel the Descender
Haunting Spirit

Question

Quote:
Because the game is concluding, I have asked Estel and Gryphon Hall to edit their very nicely interlaced post so that their characters die--OR, at the very least, the post must be vague and equivocal, so that there is no clear statement of whether they live or die. There is no time, unfortunately, to recover them and work with the final scene as well.
I'm glad that has been made clear. I'm editing the post, with Gryphon's permission, of course. Am about to PM now.

Vague, huh? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 07:48 PM   #231
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

No, Airerűthiel. The brothers' fight took place away from this scene of action. I am assuming that there is a Gondorian guard who watched the river bank as the barge took off as extra protection. His job was to ensure there were no witnesses.

Bethberry
Old 02-05-2003, 12:51 AM   #232
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Pipe

If anyone has been inadvertently left out or something is amiss, please let me know. I will most likely be able to edit the post one time before the thread is closed.

See you all around, and in happier times. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2003, 12:59 PM   #233
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

That was beautiful Lugburz. That was really a fantastic end post. And Rhana dying in Kanes arm....*wipes away real tears, no I am quite serious...*

Its been a pleasure playing with you all, a first time playing with most of you, all but two methinks. I look forward to playing with any or all of you again.

Farewell my friends, fellow horse thieves and those who followed, farewell.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:49 PM   #234
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

Quote:
And Rhana dying in Kanes arm....*wipes away real tears, no I am quite serious...*
Ah, yes that's very sweet and all...

I just hope Kane never finds out that she was ready to sacrifice his butt in order to save her own! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 02-06-2003, 09:23 AM   #235
Estel the Descender
Haunting Spirit

Sting

SAVED POST MODIFIED!!!

[Now I can work on my proposal. . .]
Old 02-06-2003, 09:41 AM   #236
Gryphon Hall
Animated Skeleton

Gryphon Hall has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Gryphon Hall
The Eye

Post modified.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:58 AM   #237
Airerűthiel
Wight

Sting

*applauds* Well done to all the game members for a fantastic game! This was my first true Rohan game (well, apart from The White Horse), and my first time playing with all but two of you. Great pursuers, great horse thieves, great storyline and most of all great characters and writing. Once again, absolutely brilliant and good luck to you all!
Old 02-06-2003, 08:32 PM   #238
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Thank you All for wonderful work. We faced odds of wargs, weather, more villains than we expected, and very frustrating RL interference. But we made it! I enjoyed gaming with all of you on this, Rohan's first completed RPG.

Party at The White Horse tomorrow night. I'm closing the thread now.

Bethberry