Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2003, 01:55 PM   #121
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Heyo

I don't have a clue on what you meant by this, Manardariel: Could you clarify please?

Quote:
Maika- Judging what we said about the mother already being the spy, at least one geberation.
It would be helpful if you did a first post before us because I'm v confused. V V V Confused. Thanks.

-Maikafanawen
Old 05-30-2003, 03:27 PM   #122
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ok. About timeframes, and all that:

Group A has been in Minas Tirith since: the begin of the game.

Group B has been in Minas Tirith since: all their lives, or at least a year if they´re there to be educated.

Group C has been in Minas Tirith since: at least one generation of people, becuase ECL´s mom was a corsair spy before ECL.

Hope that cleared some confusion, Maika and Durelin! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

About First posts:
Leave them off for now. I´ll give you the first game post tomorrow (I´d do it now, but I just came home from the movies and all I can think of are Neo and Trinity [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), untill then just drop it, kay?
Old 05-30-2003, 06:02 PM   #123
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Manardariel- my bio will be up sometime tonight, probably late. I'll pm it to you.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-31-2003, 04:11 AM   #124
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

First Post (First Draft)
Ok everyone, here´s a draft for the first post. You can come in whenever you want to, but I´d like you to have all B and C people meeting Finduilas Face-to-Face, or at least being at the greeting event. okaay?

Note: Tessa is my main character. You´ll see the Bio soom

Tessa woke up. Pushing her thick, brown curls out of her face, she streched around cat-like, squinting around the unfamiliar room. It took her a moment to realize she was in Minas Tirith, not in her room at home in Dol Amroth. Tessa tiptoed out of bed, careful not to awake her peacefully sleeping sister. The girl peered out of the window, trying to get used to the unfamiliar view unfolding under her eyes. As far as Tessa´s eyes could reach, she saw houses, streets, carts and so many people! The sun had barely risen, and they were already crowding thre city, bustling and babbeling; giving her an idea what she had to expect from the next few years. Not that bad, no. In fact, Tessa liked it. It reminded her of the big spring-market back in Dol Amroth, a big attraction in that lazy, beautiful sea town. Tessa crept back into bed, but she couldn´t go to sleep. Instead, she studied Finduilas. Her sister looked stunningly beautiful, even now that she was asleep. Tessa snuggled in her arms. “Tessa.... lemme sleep...” the woman grumbled. The girl smiled and gently tickled her stomach. “Tessa! Stop it!” She pulled her hand away. Grinning, she gave her sister a hug and wispered “Rise and shine, Lady of Gondor. Today´s your big day!”

My big day, Finduilas thought. Half-smiling, half-frowning, she recalled all the “big days” she´d had in the last few months- the day father had announced her wedding to Denethor, the steward to-be. The day she´d left Dol Amroth. And today, when she´d first meet her husband and all the court of Minas Tirith would be her big day. Like her wedding, like the birth of her first son would be “big days”. Like every day she lived and breathed could be a big day. Finduilas pulled on the richly embroided, white gown she´s be wearing today. With Tessa´s help, she put up her hair into an elaborate bun, and slipped on two beautiful, fish-formed earrings. Adjusting her shawl –it was a bit cool- she looked at her sister. Little Tessa seemed lost in adoration. “I think I´m ready,” Finduilas said quitely. Her eyes filled with tears at the sight of that girl worshipping her like she was some kind of goddess. “Oh Finduilas, you´re so gorgeous!” Tessa cried, hugging her sister. “You´ll be the most beautiful Lady ever”

Nervously, Finduilas tapped her foot. She was to meet the important figueres of the court first, the the Steward and then, at last, Denethor, her future husband. Right now, she was greeting every lady, girl and mother of Gondor, or so it seemed. She smiled, looked elegant and tried hard to remember name after name after name after.... from time to time she caught Tessa´s look.

“How do I look?”

“Brilliant.” Tessa mouthed. With a mock look, she added “You Lady you!”
Old 05-31-2003, 11:11 AM   #125
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Manardariel - once you receive everyone's (the players other than the Owners, that is) Bio and First post - please put them in the order you want the First Posts placed on the game, then PM them to me.

This is ONLY for the dedicated characters who do not belong to the owners.

The owners Bios and First posts need to be on the Game Proposal sheet itself, with a simple list of dedicated characters and who will play them.

Thanks! Pio
Old 05-31-2003, 02:59 PM   #126
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Manardariel,

In my first post Adrama is present, but she cannot bring herself to greet the woman who is to marry Denethor. Is that all right?

I've finished both my first post and bio, and my bio will be sent later today or sometime tomorrow, but I'm still waiting for Alak to read through the post to make sure it doesn't contradict what she has wrote or was planning, since her mother is in the scene.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:03 PM   #127
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I made my post into little paragraphs, and added italics. (It's so annoying the way they disappear when you copy and paste out of word!). If there's any other editing that needs to be done, please give me a hint! Oh, and should I include someething actually to do with Finduilas in my post?

Oh, and Emilia is Group B.

Uh oh. I just realised Emilia is the name of Niluial's daughter in Reclaiming the City! If I only used it because of that I promise it's unintentional! Subconscious, I guess. I was actually thinking of Emilia Fox though I don't know why. I'm gonig to PM her and ask if I can use it, otherwise it'll be changing.

[ May 31, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-31-2003, 06:08 PM   #128
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Wait...so Group C has been in Minas Tirith for a long time? So...of course!! I just got a bright idea, which might be brighter than my original one (which bombed out, of course) So, since Group C has been in Minas Tirith for a while, Group B will know them. So, it will be easy for members of Group C to spread rumors about Group A around, and Group B will believe them. Right? So I can have my cook over hear about what Group C says about Group A, then have my head cook rush off to tell everyone. Could Group C say that they find Group A's claims to be from Dol Amroth faulty since they've never seen them and they would have and etc, etc. And would they say that perhaps the 'poor' Finduilas has been duped by some spies or such since they wouldn't want to try and pin a bad name on a woman of that status and power, perhaps? Hmmmmmm.....?
Old 06-01-2003, 07:14 AM   #129
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Durelin...lemme think. You´re basically saying Group C would use what is Group A´s evidence against Group C against Group A???? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Now that is confusing.... I think we said somewhere earlier that Group C (especially ECL) is being really snobbish towards Group B, so they don´t really like them. Is that OK?

Lyra- nice character! Are you going to chage that name or what? About you´re fist post:
That´s fine, there´s no need to comment Finuilas, Emilia obviouly has other things on her mind... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

alak- nice character! We´ll have fun with her!

Nuru- As long as Adrama ís at the event, that´s fine! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Character List- what we have, who is playing, what we need

Group A- Finduilas and her inner circle

Finduilas (Manardariel)
Tessa, her sister (Manardariel)
Old Maid (Annun)
We need about three more players here!

Group B- Ladies of the Court, wives, daughters and young nobles sent for education

Head Cook (Durelin)
Emilia (Lyra)
Pelien (alak)
Adrama, her daughter(Nuru)
Elena(*Varda*)
Síriel and Tíriel, Denethor´s sisters (Sophia)
This onw is completly full! Sorry!

Group C
ECL (Maika)
Double Agent (Carlas)
We need about three more characters here!

I still need Bios from:
Annun
Maika
Carlas
Nuru
Durelin

I still need posts from:
Sophia
Annun
Maika
Carlas
Nuru
Durelin

Please submit these ASAP! I´s like to submit the worksheet by tomorrow! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 01, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]
Old 06-01-2003, 09:55 AM   #130
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Wait, now ECL--her name's Dryea, so far--is snobbish towards Group B? Hmm, wouldn't she and her posse tried to gain their friendship if they want to hold a high place in Minas Tirith society? We need to figure out how each character is going to react to each group.

I think that Group A should strive to be friends with both B and C because they are new and don't hold any suspicions until they find out from where Group C is supposed to be from then they become suspicious. Then Dryea sort of clues in that Group A is suspicious of her group and decides to get Group A out of Minas Tirith so her plans aren't spoilt.

As far as Group B goes, I would think that Group B would sort of take Group C's side at first until, like Durelin suggested, the Cook overhears--what. What does the Cook overhear that makes her begin to suspect Group C? There really isn't any proof against Group C except for that Group A doesn't recognize them.

I'm going to submit by Bio and First post later today.

Never at any point in my posts will I have Dryea being openly mean or 'evil' to the other players. She will be thinking evil thoughts, and doing evil deeds very discretely. Only towards the end of the game will she start getting nasty. If the other players suspect her too early in the game, it won't work out. Does everyone sort of see where I'm coming from? Does anyone disagree?

-Maikafanawen

PS Carlas I'll also PM you my ideas for my character and you PM me yours so we can blend our two characters. Sound good?

[ June 01, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 06-01-2003, 12:12 PM   #131
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Maika- About ECl, no Dryea not being openly evil: that was exactly what I´d planned. And about E- Dryea being snobbish or not: in your hands. She is now your character and in yur responsibility [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2003, 02:29 PM   #132
excheeto
Animated Skeleton

excheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

excheeto

Check your PM's please.

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

[ June 01, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-01-2003, 03:12 PM   #133
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
As far as Group B goes, I would think that Group B would sort of take Group C's side at first until, like Durelin suggested, the Cook overhears--what. What does the Cook overhear that makes her begin to suspect Group C? There really isn't any proof against Group C except for that Group A doesn't recognize them.
What about one of the maids saying something like "Lady [Insert name of mother here] likes her fish real salty, like they make them on the ships..." Yeah, that would be a stupid maid. Bad Idea. I´ll think of something...
Quote:
Hmm, wouldn't she and her posse tried to gain their friendship if they want to hold a high place in Minas Tirith society?
Ok, I get your point. Maybe they´d seek friendship with the Ladies, especially the more radical ones...but I´d say they´re quite snobbish around the rest. Does that make sense?
Old 06-01-2003, 03:29 PM   #134
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Posting this for my own clarification:

Owners - 3

Manardariel – Finduilas, Tessa
Nurumaiel - Adrama
Sophia – Síriel, Tíriel

Players with Dedicated Characters - 7

Lyra Greenleaf - Emilia
Durelin – Head Cook – Vernathitia(called 'Vern')
*Varda* - Elena
Alaklondewen – Pelien
Maikafanawen – Dryea
Carlas – Double Agent - NEED NAME HERE

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Grouped according to classifications:

Group A- Finduilas and her inner circle from Dol Amroth

Manardariel – Finduilas (bride to be of Denethor), Tessa (her sister)

Group B- Ladies of the Court of Minas Tirith, wives, daughters and young nobles sent for education

Durelin – Vernathitia('Vern')(Head Cook)
Lyra Greenleaf – Emilia
Alaklondewen – Pelien
Nurumaiel – Adrama (Pelien’s daughter)
*Varda* – Elena
Sophia – Síriel, Tíriel (Denethor’s sisters)

Group C – The evil contingent

Maikafanawen – Dryea
Carlas – NEED NAME HERE(Double Agent)

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Carlas - please post your character's names for me.

[ June 04, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-02-2003, 09:16 AM   #135
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Here's the bio! I need to get you a first post, but...that's kinda under construction! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Name: Vernathitia (called 'Vern')
Race: Man of Minas Tirith

Weapons: None, except for a knife she carries in a pocket sewn on the inside of her dress. For self defense, if need be. Can't be too careful.

Appearance: Vernathitia is fairly short, standing at only five feet, four inches, but the rest of her makes up for it. She is not fat, but she could be called 'plump'. She has shoulders and arms that might belong on a blacksmith, making one think she might just blacken your eye. She is amazingly speedy for her size, and Vern can run around her kitchens to catch someone adding too much salt at lightening speed.

Personality: Vern is a very stubborn woman, demanding and full of energy, always bustling about ready to give orders. She is a smart woman, though not the quickest thinker, and she can pull apart any bit of gossip if she has enough time to mull over it. She has learned that this strategy works the best, and that there is no sense in running head long into a ditch. You must take your steps nice and slow, but steady. Vernathitia is really a kind and caring woman, even with her intimidating disciplinarian self. She has a particular soft spot for young boys and their foolishness, because of her brother who died at a young age. She is always ready to laugh, though her humor is a bit dry. Her weaknesses are many, like all human beings. For one, she is not a forgiving person, in many cases. She holds a strong grudge, and one that people should avoid. She also sees men as stubborn mules, (though she is equally stubborn, if not more so than many men) but she knows she cannot live without them. Her strong will can also be a weakness, since it can blind her from many things. She hates to be wrong, and would never suspect that someone contradicting her could be right. Vern is also quite forgetful, so those grudges can be misplaced. But, so can other tidbits of information, so, even though she has an ear for gossip, she usually jots down anything she wishes to remember.

History: Vernathitia was born in the port city of Harlond, and is well versed in the ways of sailors, including the wide variety of curses. She was the eldest of six children, one of which, her younger brother, Tarik, died of a fever at only 14 years old. Her mother, Tyri, had always been best at cooking, though she taught her four daughters all the proper knowledge of ladies. Vern was the only one to excel in her mother's favorite, and actually came to cook far better than her mother ever had. Tyri was ecstastic, and sent her off to the kitchens of Minas Tirith at age 19. She has served in the kitchens for 13 years, making her way up the 'food chain' (heh, heh, corny, I know) to Head Cook in 4 years. Because of this, Vern has been accustomed to giving orders. Over the years she had also risen to become an 'eyes and ears' of some of the ladies at court. Rumor and gossip flourish in the kitchens, and servants are always likely to pick up bits of conversation, if they are deployed in the right place, at the right time, and quietly!

About the first post situation: Perhaps, even though Group C is snobby, Group B doesn't know Group A, so they go along with a rumor spread by group C. Perhaps the evil lady could tell something to a servant, and Vern overhears that servant telling another servant. Or, that servant could overhear it from the Lady (who wants the servant to overhear it) and then Vern overhears him talking about it to another servant. Perhaps the evil lady could say "Watch out for those stinky Group A people, they claim to be from Dol Amroth, but I've never seen them...and I should have." Or something.

Basically, my Head Cook is a simple person, so she'd basically say "What a Lady says, goes" you know? And Group B at least knows that nothing has gone wrong in Minas Tirith since Group C came, and maybe now stuff is happening, caused by group C, who waited until Group A came, so Group A would get blamed? Group B doesn't really have to like Group C to think that what they are saying about Group A might be true. Also, Group B could be all excited that something is happening and they get to spy and such, that they make mistakes, jump to conclusions, perhaps?

Hmmmmmm....
Old 06-02-2003, 10:22 AM   #136
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

That´s cool, Durelin! I understand your point now... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] so ok, that could work! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Carlas and Annun, I NEED your bios and posts!! This is URGENT!
Old 06-03-2003, 04:43 PM   #137
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

New Draft (final?) for Shire Worksheet Please feedback! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

****Post One: Introduction, about planning thread etc****

****Post Two: Worksheet****

Title:[B] Corsairs and Corsets!

Basic Storyline:Finduilas of Dol Amroth and a group of her ladies have just arrived in Minas Tirith, where Finduilas is about to marry Denethor. There, they are greeted with some repudiation by the local ladies, and with ador by a group of three women and their husbands/father. These people call themselves "Friends from Dol Amroth". The ladies are suspcious, as they don´t know said Friends, and start investigating. It turns out the "Friends" are really spies of the corsairs, and the it´s the ladies job to stop them.

The purpose of the story is to: uncovering the spies, and celebrating Finduilas´ Wedding

This means we will know the story is over at: The Wedding!

Starting Location: Citadel of Minas Tirith

Likely destination: Citadel of Minas Tirith

Timeframes:

This game takes place in the
Third Age at around year 2976

The storyline itself or plot covers about six weeks.

This game requires a time commitment of 10 weeks from me, the game owner and from the major players.

Characters: – be specific as to type (eg., Lothlorien Elves, not just Elves, if that’s what you need; or any other characters types from specific regions) and please indicate the number of each type you will need.

Main character types are:

Please Note: Main Chracters are FEMALE ONLY!

FINDUILAS GROUP (you can play)
Ladies
Maids
an Old Maid (please PM me if you´re interested about this one!)
WE WILL NEED ABOUT 4 PLAYERS HERE!

EVIL GROUP (spies and their servants)
maids
the major spies´ mother
´WE WILL NEED ABOUT 3 PLAYERS HERE

Secondary character types likely are:
Husbands
Like the main, only they appear less

Character types which would not belong: hobbits, elves, ents, dwarves, orcs, shieldmaidens.......

****Post Three****
Group system, and your characters (+ bios)

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;
How does that sound??
Old 06-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #138
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Announcement

Annun is not playin anymore, thus the space of the old maid is now free again.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:00 AM   #139
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Manardariel - remember under characters that you will need specific number of character that you will accept - e.g.: on the following groups - don't just say about 3 or 4 players - tell me how many ladies, how many maids; who is the major spy who needs a mother; whose husbands should these be and how many are you taking on?

FINDUILAS GROUP (you can play)
Ladies
Maids
an Old Maid (please PM me if you´re interested about this one!)
WE WILL NEED ABOUT 4 PLAYERS HERE!

EVIL GROUP (spies and their servants)
maids
the major spies´ mother
´WE WILL NEED ABOUT 3 PLAYERS HERE

Secondary character types likely are:
Husbands
Like the main, only they appear less

Also, since your story is set prior to the 'Lord of the Rings', there is an extra section to the Game Proposal that you must fill out: (I can't remember if it was on the one I sent you, but it is now a requirement) - it's the "Historical Background" section. See below.

SHIRE GAME WORK SHEET

Title: Corsairs and Corsets!

Historical Background (This is necessary only for Games set in a time before The Lord of the Rings. It can be 2 to 3 sentences that give some basic facts about what is going on in that time period. This will help clarify the setting for the prospective players.)

Basic Storyline:

Finduilas of Dol Amroth and a group of her ladies have just arrived in Minas Tirith, where Finduilas is about to marry Denethor. There, they are greeted with some repudiation by the local ladies and with ardor by a group of three women and their husbands/father. These people call themselves "Friends from Dol Amroth". The ladies are suspicious, as they don´t know said Friends, and start investigating. It turns out the "Friends" are really spies of the Corsairs, and it’s the ladies job to stop them.

[ June 04, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-04-2003, 04:26 PM   #140
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Manardariel,

Please check your private messages.

Cami, Shire Mod
Old 06-05-2003, 04:59 AM   #141
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Have done. Oh and happry 3000th post, Cami! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the advice, Pio. Everyone else: is the worksheet ok?
Old 06-10-2003, 01:48 PM   #142
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Characters

*Varda * - Group B

NAME – Elena

AGE – 18

APPEARANCE – – Elena has dark brown, almost black, hair, which is rather wavy, and normally braided or partially tied back to keep it out of her face. Her eyes are brown, tinted with a little green, and she has pale skin.

PERSONALITY – Elena is friendly, welcoming, and gets to know people easily. However, she is often off in a dream, especially after finishing a particularly absorbing book, and wishes she was there. It is mainly her avid love of reading and writing that gave Elena a very active imagination, and Elena wishes her past was more interesting, like characters out of the stories that she both reads and tries to write. Because of this, she will often invent stories to make her past seem more wild and fascinating, and is a convincing liar. Knowing how to lie well has made her more aware of it when people are not telling her the whole truth – yet if she tries to voice this to others, they will often dismiss it as just another fantasy of Elena’s, and something she found in a book. Despite these flaws, Elena is much liked as people know she will listen to their problems, and give advice.

HISTORY – She comes from a well-off background, but managed to avoid being spoilt, as she has younger twin sisters, and the attention was mostly lavished on them, as the babies of the family. Elena, left to her own devices, read a lot, lost in her own world, but she never had as many books as she would have liked. When not reading, she would go off with her friends, often staying out all night, and being a convincing liar, her parents believed her excuses. At 17, her parents eventually decided Elena was not satisfied with the life she was leading, and needed more, and subsequently sent her off to Minas Tirith, expecting her to receive a proper education there. Elena was in her element – she had freedom from her parents, all the books in Minas Tirith to read, and plenty of people to talk to. In the year she has been there, she managed to get to know a lot of the people around her, and made many friends, although her tendency to lie has not been lost from her – she likes to invent stories to make her past seem more interesting, and passes them off as truth.

*+*+*+*+*+

Varda's post

Elena heard the sound of feet running past the door of the library. Snapping her heavy book shut, she went and looked out the large window, curiously to see what was drawing everyone’s attention, and saw the arrival of Finduilas and her maids.

It seemed the whole of Minas Tirith was excited about the arrival of this strange woman from Dol Amroth, here to be married to Denethor. Those that weren’t so excited were jealous, at least that was the impression Elena had picked up from the gossiping maids around the court, and the frowns worn on the faces of the nobility, hoping to have married off their daughters to the future Steward.

Elena, in truth, felt very little about Finduilas’ arrival. It was just another woman who had looked for Denethor’s attention, hoping for marriage, only this time the woman had actually succeeded. What reason had a girl like Elena to care too deeply about it? Hopefully, it would at least bring some excitement to the court of Minas Tirith, which, if anything, had only become increasingly dull of late. Even the maids had been running out of gossip to tell each other. Surely, there would be a few parties in Finduilas’ honour, and then, Elena felt sure, there was a chance to have some fun.

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-10-2003, 01:50 PM   #143
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

alaklondewen - Group B

NAME: Pelien

RACE: Man

WEAPONS: None

APPEARANCE: Pelien is a tall woman at almost 6 feet. Her long, dark hair is pinned up tightly so that her face appears to be stretched. She has high cheekbones, large brown eyes, a small feminine nose, and prominent eyebrows. Her mouth is full and usually held tightly together in a scowl. She carries herself regally and her presence alone demands attention.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Pelien is a strong woman who is set in her ways. Her overbearing personality aids in her controlling nature toward all those around her, especially her husband and daughter. She is goal oriented and when she sets her mind on a task, the task gets finished.

HISTORY: Pelien's husband, Sador, is a member of the Tower Guard and a highly respected man in the community. Pelien sees her social status as the foundation of everything she and her family do. This reasoning is why is believes her daughter, Adrama, should have been in line to marry Denethor instead of an outsider.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Alaklondewen´s post

Pelien looped her right arm through her husband’s as they watched Denethor’s new bride enter the hall. As Finduilas crossed the floor, Pelien roughly squeezed Sador’s bicep. “What do you think?” He whispered. Her answer was a disparaging look accompanied by a raised eyebrow. “She’s nothing special,” she spat calmly.

Turning toward her daughter, Pelien touched the small of her back. “Stand up straight, Adrama,” she said shortly through her teeth. The girl immediately straightened her back and raised her chin. That should be Adrama, Pelien thought as she turned her attention back to Finduilas.

“Perhaps we should go greet her.” Pelien stepped forward and waited for her daughter to fall in line. Sador leaned forward and whispered, “Be nice, dear.” Pelien just grunted. She would not do or say anything that would cause an unpleasant scene. Snapping her head around, she shot a warning at Adrama to step forward, but the girl shook her head. That’s fine…I’ll go myself. Straightening her navy dress, she strode across the room still holding Sador’s arm toward Finduilas.

Several ladies surrounded the young woman, but Pelien paid them no attention and interrupted the talk by holding her hand out to Finduilas. “Welcome to Minas Tirith. I am Pelien and this is my husband, Sador.” Finduilas slowly reached out, took the woman’s hand, and said, “It is a pleasure to meet you, Madame and Sir.” Pelien put on a courtesy smile and looked the girl in the eyes. “I’m sure it is,” she said rather curtly then smiled warmly. “Please, if there is anything at all that you need…” she trailed off purposefully leaving the just ask off. Turning her back on Finduilas, Pelien walked away proudly.

Old 06-10-2003, 01:51 PM   #144
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Lyra Greenleaf - Group B

NAME: Emilia

RACE: Human- Gondorian

WEAPONS: None

APPEARANCE: Curly brown hair falling below her waist which she takes loving care of. Dark brown eyes which have a wide eyed helpless look around men and a hard glint among women. Rather tight fitting, low cut dresses and lots of jewellery. Freckles- the bane of her life.

HISTORY: Has grown up in the court at Minas Tirith with only a very vague sense of anything outside the city- soldiers are merely to be admired and flirted with. Has a strict mother and a doting father- both of whom are in the countryside visiting her older brother and his new baby. Is now seriously looking for a husband as she does not want to end up an old maid- a type of woman she pities and ridicules. However, she does want to marry for love.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Emilia is clever although she usually only uses it for cunning and thinking of witty, biting remarks. She has few good female friends but admired by most men. Truly loves her father and brother, but has a strained relationship with her mother. Acts empty headed and helpless around men, a policy which other women don’t like but often seems to work in catching male attention. Very manipulative, sees it as a sort of hobby.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Lyra Greenleaf´s post

“Oh dear!”
Emilia shook her head just enough to make her hair sway prettily but without tangling it. From the corner of her eye she watched the off duty City Guard. He is looking!Emilia widened her eyes.
“Oh no. What shall I do?”
Once again she looked at the Guard. He was definitely watching her. Quite appraisingly too. Irritation flared. That was very crude of him. With an internal sigh she decided he would never do to marry. Not if he went around looking at all pretty girls like that. Still, he was attractive. Why is he not offering to help? Oaf!
Unhappily she turned to him, deciding to try the direct approach.

“Will you please help me? I’m trying to find the Houses of Healing, and I can’t remember the way.”

Discreetly Emilia batted her eyelashes. It was always best to be discreet, she had never yet been accused of flirting by a man.
Annoyingly the man raised an eyebrow, and gave a slight smile.
“The Houses of Healing? And why would you be going there? You don’t look ill to me”
Insolence! The gall of this man! Emilia was unsure how to reply. She had never been questioned in this way before! Most of the Guards would just be happy to escort her, to talk to her.
“I-I have a message for one of the healers.”
“Very well” the man replied, again with that insolent half smile. Immediately he turned and began to walk briskly, cloak swirling around his legs. Emilia hurried to follow, blood boiling. He was indeed walking briskly, she could hardly keep up.
With a start Emilia realised she was passing her own front door. Her ‘escort’ had not yet looked back to check whether she was following. With a small smile Emilia turned aside and entered her house.
I believe I win, she said to herself.
Emilia looked around the gathering in disgust. There were so many women! “Where are all the men?” she asked the old lady sitting to her left.
“Some trouble with, well I own, I hardly know who! Not those Corsairs, I don’t think. The Rohirrim? No, they’re on our side…”
Emilia sighed and wandered away. An Old Maid. [i]No doubt she has no-one to talk to at home so decides to bore to tears anyone she meets! [I]
From a vantage point in a corner of the long room Emilia gazed around. There really were very few men. With satisfaction she noticed Beren. Well, there’s little fear of him going to fight anyone, she thought with contempt, little worm!Nevertheless he is extremely good looking. He makes the City Guard look-
Emilia broke off her thought, annoyance at the man’s attitude resurfacing.
Determinedly she began to walk towards Beren. He was talking with Lorna. Simply because she has fair hair she thinks every man should fall at her feet! Empty headed little-
“Lorna!” Emilia said, false smile spreading over her features. “And Beren!”
”Emilia” Lorna returned, smile stretched even wider.
“I am so parched. Do either of you know where I can get a drink?”
“I will get you one of course Emilia” Beren answered immediately.
[i]Men! So easy to understand and control! It’s sweet really. Except that-[I/] Emilia cut herself off again. Not that odious man.

As Beren walked away both women dropped their smiles.
“Emilia I was talking to him first. When you get your drink-“
“But Lorna, I simply had to come and tell you about your hair.”
”My hair?” Lorna looked at Emilia distrustfully. Emilia was aware that somehow she had gained a reputation among the women for being manipulating. It was unfortunate, really- it made everything so much harder.
“Well yes. The interesting effect you have at the back. It’s very bold. I only hope everyone else likes it as much as I”
Lorna put a hand up to feel her hair. Emilia bit back a smile. Nearly as easy as dear Beren!

“I think it’s commendable,” she continued “Court fashions haven’t changed in so long. Whose idea was it? The tangled look I mean?”
“T-tangled?” Lorna began, distrust still flickering in her eyes. “It’s not-“
Time for the kill! “Yes, tangled. Letty was saying it looked like a bird’s nest. I stood up for you of course. I think it’s a triumph”
Both women stared towards Letty. Emilia had noticed her looking, a few moments ago. Now, of course, she quickly ducked her head. Looking back to Lorna, Emilia saw horror was blooming on her face.
“E-Excuse me” she said, walking quickly away, hands fluttering up repeatedly to touch her hair. Emilia smiled gently as she watched her leave the room, then waved at Beren, who nodded, rasing his two filled hands.
Indeed people are so easy to control, Emilia thought with satisfaction. That was a most enjoyable interlude. Now, I think, a dance? Beren dances as badly as he would fight- were he ever to try. Reniedil on the other hand…

Old 06-10-2003, 01:52 PM   #145
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Durelin - Group B

Name: Vernathitia (called 'Vern')

Race: Man of Minas Tirith

Weapons: None, except for a knife she carries in a pocket sewn on the inside of her dress. For self defense, if need be. Can't be too careful.

Appearance: Vernathitia is fairly short, standing at only five feet, four inches, but the rest of her makes up for it. She is not fat, but she could be called 'plump'. She has shoulders and arms that might belong on a blacksmith, making one think she might just blacken your eye. She is amazingly speedy for her size, and Vern can run around her kitchens to catch someone adding too much salt at lightening speed.

Personality: Vern is a very stubborn woman, demanding and full of energy, always bustling about ready to give orders. She is a smart woman, though not the quickest thinker, and she can pull apart any bit of gossip if she has enough time to mull over it. She has learned that this strategy works the best, and that there is no sense in running head long into a ditch. You must take your steps nice and slow, but steady. Vernathitia is really a kind and caring woman, even with her intimidating disciplinarian self. She has a particular soft spot for young boys and their foolishness, because of her brother who died at a young age. She is always ready to laugh, though her humor is a bit dry. Her weaknesses are many, like all human beings. For one, she is not a forgiving person, in many cases. She holds a strong grudge, and one that people should avoid. She also sees men as stubborn mules, (though she is equally stubborn, if not more so than many men) but she knows she cannot live without them. Her strong will can also be a weakness, since it can blind her from many things. She hates to be wrong, and would never suspect that someone contradicting her could be right. Vern is also quite forgetful, so those grudges can be misplaced. But, so can other tidbits of information, so, even though she has an ear for gossip, she usually jots down anything she wishes to remember.

History: Vernathitia was born in the port city of Harlond, and is well versed in the ways of sailors, including the wide variety of curses. She was the eldest of six children, one of which, her younger brother, Tarik, died of a fever at only 14 years old. Her mother, Tyri, had always been best at cooking, though she taught her four daughters all the proper knowledge of ladies. Vern was the only one to excel in her mother's favorite, and actually came to cook far better than her mother ever had. Tyri was ecstastic, and sent her off to the kitchens of Minas Tirith at age 19. She has served in the kitchens for 13 years, making her way up the 'food chain' (heh, heh, corny, I know) to Head Cook in 4 years. Because of this, Vern has been accustomed to giving orders. Over the years she had also risen to become an 'eyes and ears' of some of the ladies at court. Rumor and gossip flourish in the kitchens, and servants are always likely to pick up bits of conversation, if they are deployed in the right place, at the right time, and quietly!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Durelin's post
"You're lucky my wooden spoon isn't my favorite pitch fork!" Vernathitia, Head Cook of the Kitchens of Minas Tirith, shouted at the men and women rushing back and forth around her. The kitchens of Minas Tirith were a busy place, especially with guests. Ladies of Dol Amroth, and the Lady Finduilas herself, the woman who was to wed the Steward's son! And the wedding itself was not far away.

"Those red-currant tarts better be in the ovens!" Vernathitia, called Vern by anyone she considered a friend or of higher status, strode over to peer over the shoulder of a young girl with blonde curls at a large pot.

"What are you doing girl!" she screeched in utter astonished anger. "The potatoes should have gone in five minutes ago!"

The girl stared up at the imposing woman with large eyes filled with horror, her knees wobbling. Cowering beneath the gaze she lowered her eyes only to stand there.

"Well what are you waiting for, girl? For the taters to grow legs and leap into the soup?"

As the honey-haired girl jumped to grab the potatoes Vern suddenly gasped. The girl jumped. "The salmon!" she cried. Seeing the girl, Vern turned to her with a reassuring look. "No, not you." The girl relaxed and Vern raced off to the back of the kitchens.

Right next to the strangely curved wall at the back, six large grey fish lay on a polished stone surface. Vern quickly grabbed the fileting knife and attacked one of the fish, pulling out herbs and spices. Then the door behind her opened and two young men came up the stairs from the cellar, carrying large wheels of various cheeses. The two were speaking intently to one another.

"…and you know what the Lady Dryea says," said the taller of the two. He had short dark hair and eyes. "What?" asked the other boy. He was a head shorter and had lighter and longer hair. "She says she's not sure about these ladies who came with the Lady Finduilas, from Dol Amroth," the dark haired one continued, "And she thinks they aren't really from there."

That was all Vern needed. She had never liked the Lady Dryea or any of her retinue, they were peevish and quite nasty in Vern's mind, but they had been in Minas Tirith for quite a while. There was nothing really wrong about them. The woman just wasn't likeable and that was that. Now these ladies…she'd just have to keep an eye on them. And of course she'd notify the Lady Emilia about this, that was her job. It would do her quite a lot of good if --

"Ow!" she cried. She had cut herself neatly down her finger instead of the fish. "I have to pay attention to my work, then I can worry about giving my information to m'Lady," she mumbled to herself.

"What was that you said, Mistress Vernathitia?" asked the light haired boy carrying the cheese. She had completely forgotten about the two. "Oh do shut up!" she yelled. "And give that bloody cheese to Master Domon!"

Old 06-10-2003, 01:53 PM   #146
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Maikafanawen

Name: Dryea Morthaniawen

Race: Corsair

Appearance: Strikingly beautiful with amber-red hair, hypnotizing blue eyes, and a golden complexion. Dryea is fair and usually wins the favor of many who come to look upon her enchanting smile. She is slender and tall standing no less than 5’8”.

Weapons: Her eloquence and transfixing charm. Dryea Morthaniawen is also equipped with a dagger: standard for the women of her race. It is a beautiful antique carefully crafted and very expensive.

Personality/Weaknesses/Strengths: Dryea speaks well with force or sweetness as the occasion demands, winning others to her side with bold speech. She has a special gift of furtiveness and knows well how to hide herself from unwanted eyes. A cagey character she is both wary and clever. Despite her claims, she also has a fine ear for languages and can speak most of them with ease and fluency. At home among her roguish companions she was known for her honey-tongued ability. Sweet-tongued and deceivingly courteous, she speaks with kindness even when angered, winning favour with words. To others she is appears very open and innocent. Her pretty features and sweet words are very misleading and most often gain her the necessary allies. Among her own kind, and those lesser than she, Dryea is very intimidating. Her weaknesses are what will ultimately lead to her downfall. Dryea is very arrogant, and filled with the hatred for the men who have outcast her people—wrongly, so she believes. Her hatred often clouds her perception and leads her to make reckless mistakes. Usually she is able to cover them. She also has an uncanny knowledge for the concoctions of poisons and draughts.

History: Dryea Morthaniawen grew up with her mother and father and younger sister in scattered coastal cities and towns, learning the art of spying and etiquette to gain high positions in all societies. Her mum taught her to debate with great skill, the art of guise, observation, persuasion, and inquiry. The belief that all gondorians are their enemies was branded into her mind at a young age and supported by the fact that her people were driven further and further from their ‘rightful’ lands—which of course were never theirs to begin with. Dryea has devoted her life to claim much, if not all, of Gondor for the corsairs.
Her mother before her was a spy in the citadel of Ecthelion and is well liked by the court. Now she has given over the title to her daughter who is trying to gain the same trust her mother had. Everything goes as planned until Finduilas, the future Lady of Minas Tirith comes from Dol Amroth, the very city Dryea and her sister, friends, and mother claim to be from. The court grows tense and Dryea must find a way to send Finduilas and her posse back home before she is discovered.

*+*+*+*+*+

Maikafanawen's post

Dryea Morthaniawen stood in front of the full-length mahogany mirror in her bedchamber, studying her elegant ensemble. Her amber hair was piled on top of her head in elaborate curls and held in place by decorative pins. Her dress was of crimson velour with a seven-inch wide strip of embroidered flowers on cream velour running down the front. Darts on the left and right fronts of the bodice gave it a shapely look and enhanced her exotic figure. The sleeves were snug and ran gracefully down the entire length of each arm, stopping at a point above each delicate hand.

“Exquisite,” said her mother, coming up behind her, dressed equally as ravishing in dark blue velour. She dismissed the maids with a polite nod and smooth out a slight wrinkle on the sleeve. “What about jewelry?” she asked. Dryea glided over to her vanity and chose a long gold chain from which hung a beautiful medallion. The medallion was inlaid with sapphires and was of a fine ship, with tall masts and billowing sails, representing Dol Amroth. The lady also chose a delicate array of bangles that she slid onto her wrist. Taking another look in the mirror, she was satisfied with the view.

“Splendid.” Then the daughter did something unexpected for a lady. She opened a secret drawer in her vanity and withdrew a dagger of unique make and tucked it into a fold in her dress. Her mother didn’t blink an eye for she too held such a weapon. But these noblewomen of Minas Tirith were not at all as they appeared.

Sent here years ago, the mother was a spy from the corsairs whose stronghold lay at Umbar: a city in Harad. For many years the sea-faring men had been looting merchant ships and living off their plunder. Dryea had been raised knowing only what her mother had taught her. So she had believed that her deeds were noble and for the good of her people. However, now as she grew older, and with age came wisdom, she realized that her actions were nothing short of vengeful. But she didn’t change her ways. She thought only of power. And the day when she would rule Gondor and the corsairs would rule the seas yet again. That thought always brought a wicked smile to her magnificent face.

Soon they were joined by Dryea’s younger sister, Alethea. Together, the three of them walked down their corridor length and down the stairwell to the hall where they were being introduced to Lady Finduilas of Dol Amroth, and future Lady of Minas Tirith. This may or may not impose a threat to Dryea and her mother’s plans. If she turns out to be easily susceptible to her charm, she could prove to be an important ally. If not. . .

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,” her mother had said unsteadily as she nodded greeting to guards as they were permitted to enter the hall. It was beautifully decorated with tapestries that hung from the ceiling and were carefully woven with portraits of past kings and stewards of Gondor. Dryea walked down the length of carpet, following the other ladies of the court, until she stopped in front of Finduilas. She was just as, if not more, stunning in appearance than Dryea. The lady looked very confident, although, thought Dryea thinking back to the first time she had come to the citadel, she must be very nervous. She bowed her head slightly in due respect and gave her a reassuring motherly smile and a wink. Finduilas seemed to relax a bit at Dryea’s friendliness and continued greeting the court.

Dryea Morthaniawen then took her place beside her friends of Minas Tirith and watched the procession closely, taking in all the new faces and their unique characteristics whether it be fan-waving, eye-batting, or a slight hop to their walk. Dryea knew almost everything to be known about each member of the court. Soon, she would also know about this Finduilas of Dol Amroth!

Old 06-10-2003, 01:54 PM   #147
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

Arien

Name: Alethea Morthaniawen

Race: Corsair

Appearance: Alethea has bronze skin and brown eyes speckled with green. Her hair is amber, like her sisters, but is darker. It flows down to her waist and has a slight wave to it. Her height is 5ft 7 and she is of medium build. And although she is beautiful, she is not as so when compared to her sister, Dryea.

Weapons: She has no real weapons apart from a small knife, with a mahogany handle to protect herself. Her best weapon is her head and she can see through peoples lies quite well.

Personality/Weaknesses/Strengths: Alethea has a quiet personality and rarely shows any of it. She mostly follows the order of her mother and sister and seldom gets to speak her mind in front of them. Still despite the way that they seem to control her she loves them dearly and believes what they are fighting for must be worth it as they crave it with a passion. Around others she is confident and enjoys to talk to those she does not know, she makes friends effortlessly, therefore she can get valuble information. She has a similar trait as her sister, being innocent. Or rather acting it. Her mind is dangerous and she can see through peoples lies with ease. Her weakness according to her mother and sister is her conscience, she always thinks about how her actions will hurt other even if they are the enemy. But her main weakness is her sharp tongue and rudeness to others that has got her into trouble.

History: She has lived in many coastal towns and villages, and following her sister gained high places in many societies. Her mother taught her numerous skills that she would use later in life to help herself and others. As a young child she was taught to hate the Gondarians, who had taken their land from them. And so with her sister she fights to claim Gondor as the Corsairs- as it rightfully should be. Her mother was a spy in Ecthelion’s court before her sister, and now that Dryea has ‘taken over’, Alethea mainly aids her. She is well liked amoung the court by the nobles and servants alike and has several friends there.

*+*+*+*+*+

Arien´s post

Alethea lay on her four poster bed. It was covered in a beige spread with several soft cushions sprawled over it. Muslin hung down from the post and were eloquently tied back with golden ribbons. Her dress, which was now no doubt getting creased, was a rich gold. The sleeves covered her bronzed arms and stopped , tied with a weaving lace on the inner wrists. Her corset was tied tightly, with a golden ribbon weaved in at the back. Her front was decorated with a simple starburst of Citrine jewels, backed with the same golden colour, in silk. The bottom part was simple and purely flowed to the floor. Her hair hung loosely in attractive and refined ringlets. Upon her feet she wore simple golden slippers.

Her mother was with her sister. There was no change there. She always would help her get ready as she was the ‘eldest’. Alethea doubted this, it was probably favouritism. Everyone seemed to like Dryea more, but this didn’t really bother her that much. She liked the friends she had.

Alethea got up slowly and peered into the mirror. Resting on her tanned face her eyelashes were thick and dark and her eyes had a faint golden shimmer swept over them. And on her lip elusively hung a brush of intense red. She smiled, her small perfect pearl teeth shone. So today she would be meeting Findulas. The one person, she thought, that could ruin all their planning. Her sister and mother didn’t seem to be bothered about the new oncoming presence but she certainly was. What if she told that they were not from Dol Amroth? But then again her and her maids could be used to their advantage. Maybe it was time to put some of their skills into practice once more. Her trail of thought was suddenly lost by knock on the door. A maid entered.
“Miss, your mother and sister are waiting,” she said timidly.

“Thank you,” Alethea smiled. She quickly sprayed her self with a fragrance of lavender, checked that she had her knife- which was kept beneath the skirt and briskly walked out of her room, locking the door behind her and slipping the key into a purse that hung from her side. She met her mother and sister on the landing, who both looked equally stunning.

“Shall we go then?” she smiled and they proceeded to walk down to the hall. Down there was array of beautiful women and handsome men. Alethea sat beside her Minas Tirith friends and watched as Findulas and her maids entered the court. For better or for worse she whispered to herself.

[ June 10, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-12-2003, 12:40 AM   #148
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Ah! Everyone's first posts are in!!

The discussion thread for the Game will go up on Monday, 06/16. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 12:51 AM   #149
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I just wanted to thank everyone for the fine job you did in planning. If your game is even half as good as this planning thread, you should have a great time!

Cami
Old 06-12-2003, 11:07 PM   #150
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Do you still need characters for this one? It looks very interesting.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:41 AM   #151
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Tinuviel, there are going to be some spaces available. The discussion thread is goin up in a while and you can submit a character there when it does. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 06-13-2003, 03:09 AM   #152
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Tinuviel & all others interested:

The Discussion Thread for this RPG, Corsets and Corsairs, will be open to take on characters on Monday, 06/16.

I'll probably put it on the board on Sunday, but leave it a closed topic, so that everyone can have a good chance to pick a character, write a Character Bio, and craft a good first post.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:21 AM   #153
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I'm still catching up on this interesting thread (yes, I do practice what I preach and read all posts before taking part in a discussion! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and would be very interested in playing a role in this fascinating story. I haven't played in a Shire game yet, but my references are:

Rohan forum -
Rohan RPG (the original one) (Taradan and Andros)
Betrayal of Trust (a brief cameo as Annawyn)

and on the Gondor forum:
The Saving of the Seventh Star (character - Estelyn Telcontar)
and founder/owner of the infamous Revenge of the Entish Bow (character - Merisuwyniel)

I have a couple of character ideas, but it depends on what you need, of course. Please let me know if there's a space for me. Thanks!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 06-13-2003, 03:41 AM   #154
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Esty - Please check your PM's

Thanks! ~*~ Pio
Old 06-14-2003, 12:59 AM   #155
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

THIS PLANNING THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

The Discussion Thread for the RPG Corsairs and Corsets is now under construction.

It will open on Monday, 06/16, 0730, Pacific Daylight Time.

Please take time to read it carefully and design a character as specified under "Characters Needed", then work up a First Post to go with it and submit them both to the Discussion Thread when it opens.

It should be a good game!

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator