Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2004, 08:00 PM   #121
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Thanks, Aylwen! I will be able to check in daily for PMs and the like but won't have time to post.

And I will be around to help Himaran set up his new game, when he is ready to see the Discussion thread go up for Search for Rhűn.

When Orual has her full complement of gamers, she will open the Defense of Poros RPG thread herself, as will Himaran open his game RPG thread himself. From now on, all Game Managers will be able to start their own RPG threads, once games have been chosen via the Discussion threads, which will continue to be set up by me.

Bęthberry

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:07 PM January 28, 2004: Message edited by: Bęthberry ]
Old 02-06-2004, 12:03 PM   #122
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Just a quick question here but what are the carpenters supposed to be doing just now? Are there plans for the stable or are they just cutting wood and stuff? But it would be stupid to cut wood if there wasn't a stable plan. *bit confused* Also, do they have to make their own planks of wood or do they get them a mill? Also, is the stable made out of planks or is it made out of logs?

I know...stupid questions...

Old 02-10-2004, 11:20 AM   #123
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Writers of the Mark,

Welcome to the new upgraded software for the Barrow Downs. It is much spiffier! Rohan has made the move very smoothly and I think you will find that there are many attractions here which will make posting and navigating much easier. Please do not post any more at the old URL but start posting here. Thanks!

Also, this Inn thread is almost at its maximum length. Please work on bringing your current subplots to a completion.

Next week, I will be opening up a White Horse Inn Act III, set in the Fourth Age.

There will also be a second Inn thread to allow for ... something completely different. Watch for it!

Bęthberry
Old 02-11-2004, 02:43 PM   #124
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Quote:
Next week, I will be opening up a White Horse Inn Act III, set in the Fourth Age.
Bethberry,
What is the year at our current Inn, and what will the year be when Act III opens up? I suppose I should begin figuring out how old Leofan and his family will be, and how many more children they have now, and so on and so forth..... unless we'll be going so far along in the Fourth Age that they'll be dead and in their graves.

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2004, 07:21 PM   #125
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Shield

The current White Horse Inn is set 10 years before the War of the Rings.

This has made it impossible to have hobbits showing up in Edoras. There are also a few other chronological issues which make it a little more cannonically challenging.

I thought that a post WotR would be something different. It would allow for more freedom from the 'book', as happens now in The Green Dragon in The Shire. I would also like to go back to a less planned and more improvisational format.

Is there a general concensus about when the next Horse should be set? It might be fun to "age" our characters. Or of course you could have completely different ones.

The other thread will also be in a very different geographical location.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-11-2004, 07:27 PM   #126
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Mordor. The nighlife would be downright boring (and violent to boot), but at least there's fireworks.

Dale/Laketown would be an interesting place to have an inn-type thread. It's got three major races in the immediate area, and largely undeveloped after its mention in the Hobbit. I think a post-Hobbit pre-WoTR Dale would be an ideal setting. Plenty of rebuilding, trading, and other sub-plots to last a lifetime.

I think anything during the reing of Aragorn/Elessar would work fine. Most of the major political players are still alive, and Tolkien has a fairly good outline of events for the era.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:52 PM   #127
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
All of the upcoming changes sound good to me! I especially like the notion of going to a more freeform format. Since I have no particular preferences as to where things go from here, I will wait and see what happens.

As for the current inn, I think I will hold off posting there anymore since the subplot I was working on was just getting rolling. There's really no point in developing it any further since the entire thing is about to become moot!
Old 02-11-2004, 08:28 PM   #128
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Shield

Closure, Ealasaide, closure. Who gets Sigrid?

I know that I will be working some things out with Idgian and Writer of The Mark about Madi. I think there is some room to provide some kind of dramatic resolution to some of the characters' relationships. There are many that can be carried forward.

These are all wonderful suggestions. Keep them coming!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #129
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Quote:
Closure, Ealasaide, closure. Who gets Sigrid?
Oh, yeah... I guess I should post a few more times, eh? I forgot all about that closure thing.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:39 AM   #130
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

How about Ithilien for the new Inn setting? Now forgive me if I'm wrong or if my memory fails me, but aren't Eowyn and Faramir like the regents or something of that area and wouldn't there be a colony of Gondor and Rohirrim there maybe?

Old 02-13-2004, 05:28 PM   #131
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
I feel so bad, because I haven't been here for a very long time, but it seems like you guys are getting on splendidly. Yeahh!

Something completely different, Bb?
...I'm intrigued...
Old 02-18-2004, 07:31 AM   #132
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Another word about closure.... I think I will leave things hanging for the moment after all, mostly because I have no idea at this point who gets Sigrid. Maybe I will bring one of my characters into the new inn 20 years later (or whenever it is) and close things out from there. Hopefully, I will have decided something by then.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:39 PM   #133
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
sorry for my late reply.

Has it already been decided how the new Inn should be? If not, then I think it would be very interesting to age our persons somewhat, and Dale sounds even more interesting. Then I could perhaps continue Talan since he origins from that town, and it would give a plausible reason why he exist there. Especially Dale post-Hobbit sounds cool, as some suggested, with many interesting possibilities.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #134
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

It's time, gentlemen (and ladies) please

Writers of the Mark,

Helen and littlemanpoet have concluded the posting they wish to do at The Horse for their game and so we will bring down the curtain on Act II.

If you have any last posts to make, please make them within twenty-four hours. Aylwen will then post the envoy.

The curtain will rise on The White Horse Inn, Act III on Thursday. Performances will be extempore; I think it is time for a little more fast-paced improvisation.

Bethberry
Old 03-03-2004, 08:18 PM   #135
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
The Curtain is Closing, Ladies and Gents...

I'll be posting the last scene of the White Horse, Act II tomorrow after track. Get out those final touches, my friends, if you need them! Tie up the loose threads...

Hope to see you all in Act III

-Aylwen
Old 03-04-2004, 08:06 AM   #136
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Shield

Because the forum was down for about six hours on Wednesday, I won't be starting the new Horse or closing the old until Friday. Aylwen's post will be the signal!
Old 03-04-2004, 06:39 PM   #137
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
I've brought a [slightly corny/cliché] ending the the White Horse Inn, Act II. Great job, everyone! Hope to see you all at the White Horse, Act III!

-Aylwen