Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2005, 03:05 PM   #121
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Okay, my post of yesterday has now been completely constructed. *coughs*

I did not bring us up to the meeting of Bekah with the High Priestess and Priest as I felt that Faroz might wish a response to this interview. Yet if Fordim and others think I should move things along, I will be happy to edit.

I should be around more regularly during the week now and able to post once or twice a week. However, for the next six to eight weeks I will be out of town with no internet access roughly every second weekend, starting with the upcoming one, so you can make all the nefarious plans you wish over the weekend and leave me to clean them up during regular business hours.

And a happy new year to everyone on this great game. And thanks especially to Fordim for the treat of gaming here.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:33 AM   #122
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Time Moving Forward

I knew that I said this would happen last week, but, well, things got interesting all of a sudden! Posting has, however, slackened just a bit in the last few days so I shall move time ahead by a full month on Friday morning EST.

Get ready. . .
Old 01-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #123
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Fordim, I am currently in the middle of my mock GCSE exams - this is therefore a slightly hectic time, the reason I haven't been posting. I will be able to make a post on Friday, but before then is a little doubtful.

I apologise for my absence, and thanks for your patience,

- Ax
Old 01-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #124
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaduial the archer
Fordim, I am currently in the middle of my mock GCSE exams - this is therefore a slightly hectic time, the reason I haven't been posting. I will be able to make a post on Friday, but before then is a little doubtful.

I apologise for my absence, and thanks for your patience,

- Ax
Hey -- no blame here. . .I was just commenting.

For the record: delighted with how the game is going, and looking forward to more.

Aman: study hard. Nothing's more important than your education. *finger waggle*
Old 01-13-2005, 01:36 PM   #125
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Hello Everyone. Me again.

Just a reminder that time will be moving forward by a month in the game as of tomorrow morning. I was thinking of having it begin early in the morning of a bright day right at the beginning of the cool season. Pashtia is, obviously, not a cold place so this means that the temps are still pretty warm, but the days are more comfortable and at night it may sometimes be necessary to put on an extra cloak.

There are two important pieces of news in the kingdom:

First, the King has announced that he has approved the construction of a new temple in honour of the Sky God. Work has already begun on the building not far from the Temple to Rhais.

Second, in the last month, there has been no word or message of or from Alanzia. This, in itself, is not extraordinary between two such bitter rivals, but it is odd that there should be no news from the north. People are beginning to wonder. . .

Still enjoying the game, I hope? I am.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:44 PM   #126
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

But of course, O Mighty Captain Fordim. Or was it Commander? I forget...

As promised, I have a post up - and early too, darn impressed with myself . I intend to bring myself and Bekah up to speed tomorrow - Bethberry, I intended maybe for Zamara to see Bekah's arm, maybe if she winced or something and it fell, and Zamara realised. She will, of course, promise not to tell, but maybe, as Bekah is a follower of Rhais, she may feel more inclined to talk to the Priestess. I will try not to godplay with your character and shall leave that up to you, simply starting the first part of that conversation. Is that alright with you?
Old 01-13-2005, 04:56 PM   #127
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Aman sounds fine. Bekah will be very circumspect in who and what she tells, if at all, but she will be looking around to consider the needs of the nation and reconsidering her status and the King's.

I won't be around tomorrow or Saturday, so a reply will be delayed. But worry not.

Fordim, and yet you claimed earlier you were surprised to hear of your father's shenanigans and of the existence of a half brother. Tricksome one you are.

Lovely work all and despite my delays replying I am very much enjoying this game.

EDIT: Just read your post, Aman. Stunning use of the tapestry!

Last edited by Bęthberry; 01-13-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:02 PM   #128
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

I honestly can't quite recall how all this came about. I think that the half-brother thing was Nova's idea. . .

Nova, by the way, is practically dancing with glee over the new development. I think that Gjeelea and Siamak might want to watch out as there may very well be a new aspirant to the throne.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #129
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I think that Gjeelea and Siamak might want to watch out as there may very well be a new aspirant to the throne.
Talk about not cutting any breaks! Now Gjeelea has to worry about Siamak, Korak, AND Tarkan. What's a girl to do?!?

I do actually have something somewhat substantial to add to this - I'd like to mention that I think everyone has been doing a GREAT job posting...every post is fun to read and well-written.

So the plot thickens...

-Aylwen
Old 01-14-2005, 09:46 AM   #130
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Most intriguing post, Fordim. About the 'giants wandering the countryside' - I presume you are referring to the object of our previous discussions? I will work on that in future posts... But what about these packs of wandering man like creatures? May I inquire as to what you have in mind here?

Secondly, a query as to timeline: you have already moved the time along, so shoul we just work from here, and not write up the posts for Bekah and Zamara's meeting? If you would prefer to just keep things moving along from the forwarded time, that is fine with me as long as it is alright with Bethberry, but do let me know.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #131
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Quote:
Most intriguing post, Fordim. About the 'giants wandering the countryside' - I presume you are referring to the object of our previous discussions?
Yes.

Quote:
But what about these packs of wandering man like creatures? May I inquire as to what you have in mind here?
No. Well, you can inquire, but I shan't answer. All will be made clear, in time.

Quote:
Secondly, a query as to timeline: you have already moved the time along, so shoul we just work from here, and not write up the posts for Bekah and Zamara's meeting? If you would prefer to just keep things moving along from the forwarded time, that is fine with me as long as it is alright with Bethberry, but do let me know.
Sorry, I meant to address this very topic with a post to this here DT this morning but I ran out of time before a meeting and rushed away.

There were two matters still 'ongoing' -- Tarkan's discussion with Faroz and Bekah's with Zamara. I wanted to jump ahead anyway, however, as the rest of the characters seemed more or less set to go, and, well, I thought I should stick by my (second) deadline. That having been said: if Nova, Bethberry or Aman wish to do any posts wrapping up things from before the jump I will add them to the beginning of my post for Jarult.

Onward, my people!
Old 01-14-2005, 08:13 PM   #132
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

1420!

I think it is absolutely appropriate that Fordim moved events forward, as both a gamer and the Moderator of the Forum, Aman. He gave us lots of warning and I think part of the fun of this form of gaming is working around situations such as this one. No sense forcing the game to a standstill for "I mean to get here."

I already have half of a "forward" post worked out in my head. It seems to me logical that the Queen likely had need of an amanuensis (hee hee) and who but the High Priestess is a logical choice? Does this suit you?

I would much rather do this than create a "backwards" post that would not really move events forward.

If you have 'druthers', let's work them out via PM, okay? That way maybe we can spring a few surprises on Fordim and a few others.

RL keeps me away from being able to post until Sunday at least, or possibly Monday.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #133
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Nova: please clear some space in your PM inbox. I tried sending you a PM as a kind of PS to my last but it came back PDQ.

Sorry everyone else: game away!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #134
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
White Tree

Under construction post from looooong ago is now filled.

Interesting plot twists people. Lovely read.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:03 PM   #135
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Another post made - I apologise, it is rather short, but I felt I should update a little on Zamara nonetheless

Bethberry: I have hinted a little at one of the things we spoke about through PM. I hope I have handled this adequately for you, and will make any changes you would like. Is the way I have used the ideas alright, or...?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:22 PM   #136
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Boots

I just thought I'd say that I've brought Pelin into the Game. (He's got his own post now!!) I hope I'll be able to continue with writing seperate posts for him, but we shall see. Anyway, I am hoping to put up nother post, tomorrow. Tarkan has still something to say about the piece of parchment and the book, which I hope will come as a surprise to you....

I'm enjoying all the posts! Wonderful!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:22 AM   #137
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I'm sorry to say this but I am rather sick and won't be able to get a post up for some time.

I'm dreadfully sorry. Hopefully I'll get better soon.

Old 01-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #138
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

I apologize for the very short post - Gjeelea had but one question for Tarkan and I tried to make the post as long as possible for such a short transition.

I hope you feel better, Imladris!

As always, great posts everyone!

-Aylwen
Old 01-28-2005, 08:20 PM   #139
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
I must also apologize, but instead for a very long post. I am trying to think of ways to compact it so it easier to read, but I have little time to do so, and it came up longer than expected. I did not want to divide it up, because I won't be able to post for a bit and I fear that, when I would be able to post the second part, the action that I desired it to fit with chronologically would already be over. So, there you have it. Sorry Bb et al.

Oh, and Fordim - *wink*...That is all.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies

Last edited by Bęthberry; 01-28-2005 at 09:06 PM. Reason: changed mind and used a new post
Old 01-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #140
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Shield

Kransha,

Dividing the post is no problem. Simply give me the second half and I will add it for you at the appropriate time even though you may be absent. Or you could send it to a fellow game who could append it to his or her post at the right time.

I have returned the post to you for editing.

Bęthberry,
Moderator for Rohan
Old 01-29-2005, 08:08 AM   #141
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Nova, please empty some space in your PM inbox. We have matters, dark and secret, to discuss. . .
Old 02-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #142
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Reluctantly I find I must withdraw from the game. RL is just too busy these days,, and with my computer slowly grinding to a halt, I cannot keep up with the game.

I will shortly make one last post for Bekah and then bid you all a fond adieu. It's a great game. Have fun and remember I will keep watching.

Bethberry
Old 02-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #143
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Apologies for my absence over the past couple of days. I've been ill, plus a sudden explosion of RL have stopped me from having time to make a substantial enough post. I will get back on track as soon as possible.

Bethberry: Oh! Sorry to hear it I hope everything is ok, honey.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:04 PM   #144
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

Hi!

I'm sorry that is has been such a long while since I last posted. Due to loads of activity in RL life, which seems to have no end, I have had to sacrifice a lot of my time spent by the computer. I don't know when I'll manage to put up a new post, but I'll try as soon as possible. It's unlikely that it will be before next weekend. I'm really sorry. I hope it's alright.

Bethberry - I'm sorry to see you leaving the game. I hope you're okay!

Cheers,
Nova
Old 02-07-2005, 05:05 AM   #145
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Quick note before I head off to school -

After Tarkan answers Gjeelea's question, I had planned for her to take leave of the Priest and run into Korak on her way out. Since Nova has not finished her under construction post and I do not know when she will do so, after school today I will put up a post that has Gjeelea leaving the temple and running into Korak. I hate having to make Nuru wait for us before she can post. When Tarkan replies to Gjeelea's question I will edit the post and add a response to the top of it.

Does this sound okay?

Now...of for an education...

-Aylwen
Old 02-07-2005, 06:46 AM   #146
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Aylwen: sounds good to me.

Everyone: Remember, if a post has been Under Construction for more than 24hrs feel free to proceed with your own posts as you see fit. The burden for editing or changes should always rest with the person who left the UC up!

One More Thing: Another rather substantial jump forward in time is coming soon. . .
Old 02-09-2005, 04:19 PM   #147
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Oh. My. Goodness.

Bethberry, that was an OUTSTANDING post, if I may say so.

Wow.

Right, so that's all I wanted to say really. I would have repped you - but apparently I need to spread the love a bit before I get back to you.

-Aylwen

Last edited by Aylwen Dreamsong; 02-09-2005 at 08:33 PM. Reason: What the heck???
Old 02-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #148
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fortunately for me, I've been spreading the love around and was able to rep that post. Indeed -- wonderful: there is a lot there for those of us who remain to react to.

Bekah, though now gone, will remain at the centre of much that follows. . .

As to which -- I apologise for my own absence from the game of late but a serious illness in the immediate family has been soaking up all of my remaining energies and time. It's nothing terrible or lasting, and we all expect recovery to be complete and swift, but it has made finding BD time rather difficult. That having been said, I should be able to put up a post sometime tomorrow in which Faroz wraps up his interview with the Lady Arshalous. If someone posts before I do, feel free to describe the reaction to the murder -- such a visible death will not take long for people to notice!

There is one slight wrinkle that has arisen in the timeline, but I think we can work around it. The Emissary is currently visiting Arlome while simultaneously murdering Bekah. Rather than rearranging posts and working around this, let's just go with it. He is a powerful sorcerer, in command of the dark arts, so perhaps he has found a way to make it seem as though he is in two places at once?? Alak and Oro -- perhaps this is something you could have fun with? Maybe the Emissary is not really in the villa, only some part of him?? I don't know. . .

Note to Kransha: now would be a really good time to bring in that plot twist we PMed about a while back. Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink.

One More Thing: Our noble and beloved Moderator has given us precisely the segue I was looking for in the game -- things are about to get a whole lot worse for the people of Pashtia very quickly. A line has been crossed, and there are events brewing (see my next posts! ) that will soon bring things to a head. Given this, I would urge everyone to pick up on the rumours and directions indicated in Bethberry's post. The King is clearly not himself; the Queen has been murdered; and like I said, there's worse coming. . .

Seems to me that it's getting time for people to decide where they stand: does the Kingdom need a new King or not? And if so, who?

Remember -- I have designed this game with NO SET OUTCOME: whether Pasthia ends up falling under the Shadow or not is yet to be decided. It is already too late for Faroz and, sadly, his wife. . .but what of the Kingdom???
Old 02-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #149
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Shield

Thanks peeps. With everything goin' on here I had at one point considered posting something to the effect of, "Oh, yeah, and she died" but then I got into the fun of writing it .

About that wrinkle in the timeline, Fordim with The Emissary seemingly in two places at once. As of this morning, *cough* Oro *cough* still had not filled in her "under construction" post from Feb 4. I had been waiting for her and Alak to finish the interview, but as you yourself said recently,

Quote:
Everyone: Remember, if a post has been Under Construction for more than 24hrs feel free to proceed with your own posts as you see fit. The burden for editing or changes should always rest with the person who left the UC up!

One More Thing: Another rather substantial jump forward in time is coming soon. . .
As I didn't want Bekah's exit caught in your time warp jump, I thought it best to post now and let others rely on edits past.

I can always add posts to other gamers' posts if need be.

Beth the Mod
(Now, how many of you get that reference? )
Old 02-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #150
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Hm...well, actually, my post was finished. Alak was going to continue it by inviting the Emissary out in the gardens. Then I would bring Evrathol out and we'd make the bad man go away.

Hm.

Oh, btw; that title got me thinking Josef Conrad. o.0
Old 02-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #151
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
To Fordim: The twist is ready, I just need Aman to post (hopefully in the same timeframe in which the conversation between Zamara and Morgos is taking place). At that point I will introduce said point, and at a very interesting time, considering these events.

Bethberry: May I also add: excellent post, and posts. It's been a pleasure to write in a game alongside you, and an honor.

...doo doo doo *whistles*

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 02-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #152
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hm...well, first I need to apologize for my unexpected absence. I am currently working on my honor's thesis and I've put in so many hours this week getting everything ready for data collection that I've had no time for anything. So I'm sorry...it seems things have been waiting for me and I didn't realize.

Quote:
Hm...well, actually, my post was finished. Alak was going to continue it by inviting the Emissary out in the gardens. Then I would bring Evrathol out and we'd make the bad man go away.
As to the Emissary...at the end of my last post, Arlomë did invite him out to the gardens, so Evrathol can go there at any time. There should not have been a reason to wait for me for this.

Concerning his being in two places at once, we can have him suddenly take off, or maybe he goes inside and when he returns he is very different. We can play around with this.

I need to finish catching up on the game posts, and I will do my best to get something up this weekend. I'm not feeling well today, but that's most likely stress related and after some much needed sleep...I'll be better.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:23 PM   #153
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sorry for being MIA at a crucial point in the game - track meets keep me running all night and sleeping all day. The season is over though so I'll be getting a post up tonight.

Great posts all - I especially like Kransha's posts but, alas, I must still work on spreading the reputation to others before coming back to Kransha (or Fordim, or Firefoot, etc...yeesh I need to be more giving).

-Aylwen
Old 02-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #154
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Because, really, it's all about me

I just wanted to let everyone know that I shall be away (FAAAAR away) from any and all internet access all of next week -- specifically, I shall be absent until Monday the 28th and possibly not even until Tuesday the 29th. I am hoping that I shall be able to post to the game thread one more time before I leave.

This means that I shall have to ask you all to carry Faroz along with the current scene -- and there is much to do! Morgos is going to be brought to the Palace, his family will (undoubtedly) want to see to him; both Zamara and Kanak will be required for the planning of the Queen's funeral; the murder of the Queen AND the attempt upon the General's life need to be looked into; if Morgos is up to it, there will need to be some conversation about preparing for war with Alanzia.

But First and Foremost is the Queen's funeral. The women of her family and inner circle will need to bathe and dress her, then stay up with her throughout the night so that she can be put upon her funeral pyre first thing in the morning. It's the duty of her eldest son to light the pyre.

When I do return to the Downs, I will be moving time forward by a significant chunk -- so if we can see to the Queen's funeral next week, and assorted fallout, that would be wonderful.

Enjoy!

EDIT

OK -- I've put up my post and I've tried to work it that you won't have to carry Faroz along. He shall spend the rest of the night (whilst I am away) in his chambers.

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 02-18-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:36 PM   #155
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

I have filled in my save - it is short, but important still, I think.

-Aylwen
Old 02-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #156
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

I have posted, after a regretably lengthy silence, which I apologise for. May I just say that, as I have just re-read them all together, the posts the last few weeks have been truly fantastic - would that I could rate you all, but I can't. Truly excellent work. Ooh, plot thickening, plot thickening...*rubs hands gleefully*

I hope my post is alright. Zamara will be making her way to the palace now. But those are dangerous streets now for two women on their own...
Old 02-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #157
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

White Tree

Hi

I filled my save; here I've also written a "continue-post". =P

I haven't had this much fun writing in a long time. The story has developed and the plots keep on rolling.

If anyone wants me to edit something give me a hint.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #158
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

I'm sorry for my absence. Busy times..

I've just posted. Tarkan is not yet aware of the Queen's death, and I will make at least one more post before this is known to him. I hope to post again very soon.

Please let me know if it needs edits!

Aylwen- I didn't know you were expecting me to write an answer from the Priest to Gjeelea's question regarding the Emissary, and I didn't discover the open space you had left after my post before now. I have made a short new paragraph. I hope it was alright. Sorry!

Cheers,
Nova
Old 02-28-2005, 12:21 PM   #159
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

My save is up...

Arlomë, Arshalous, and Zamara, I think, should be joining Gjeelea and the maids to help dress the queen...I don't know what other women would be asked to take part in this phase of the post-death rituals.

In any case, I put in my post that Homay goes to speak with Korak - I remember that in Bethberry's last post, Bekah asks Homay to reveal to him and Arlomë the crimes of the Emissary's men. Since Homay was one of Bethberry's characters, I guess Nuru could handle that conversation. Or, if you'd rather, Nuru, I could post for Homay?

I love snow!
-Aylwen
Old 02-28-2005, 02:59 PM   #160
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril Good ol' Hans Zimmer...

Oh, the music for this occasion, I feel some good music is required... Is anyone else familiar with the King Arthur Soundtrack? I highly recommend it. Anyway, I feel at this time in the game, 'Budget Meeting' is just the thing required right now...or maybe 'Do You Think I'm Saxon'... And yes, I am aware that the names are truly awful

Zamara is on the way to the Palace now, Aylwen - nicely handled post, by the way. As to the dressing of the Queen...well, we may just have to wing it! But before they get there...well, Zamara and Tayfar, alone in the streets where all sorts of dangers are now lurking...*really, really evil smiley* Well, just a maybe...