Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2004, 07:19 PM   #121
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Thankyou very much for your PM Cami.

I will work on a post right away. I have a simple plan, Kandel will end up in a Bar scouring information, which Guthwine will think unwise for various reasons [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But pushing his luck, Kandel will stay there and get what knowledge he can.

Sound okay?

Anyone who wishes to come with him is most welcome!
Old 01-04-2004, 08:27 PM   #122
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Tara,

Sounds fine. Use my character as you'd like!

I'll wait till your post comes in to write my own.

Cami
Old 01-05-2004, 06:44 AM   #123
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Im wirting up a bit of it now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I just wanted to make some things certain before I chuck it in here.

I have Kandel talking to some men in the bar. Would it be okay to assume they have a level of comtempt for the ranger Minastan? And that they do not hold high hopes for Halflings and Big Folk in getting along?
Old 01-05-2004, 08:11 AM   #124
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Tara,

Regarding the hobbits, I think that's reasonable. While some folk now get along in Bree, others have probably been slower to change their opinions.

But why would they feel negatively about Minastan who is a Man? Perhaps you mean Berilac, the hobbit ranger, who is Pio's character?

Cami
Old 01-05-2004, 06:30 PM   #125
Chathol-linn
Animated Skeleton

Chathol-linn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello, Breelanders all. Welcome back after the holidays. I'll be working on a post. I take it I'm still playing the Ranger's part as well as Mayor Harald and child Willofain? Please advise if this is not right. Regards - Chathol-linn

PS - Pardon my shamelessness, but I have to tell you - I won first and second place in two poetry categories in the Gathering of the Fellowship writing contest. Actor Craig Parker actually said my pen name and the names of my poems out loud, in public. I'm still swooning. The poems are "Song-Fight at the Swan and Cygnet Saloon" and "From Fangorn Forest to Helm's Deep Canto I."
Old 01-05-2004, 06:46 PM   #126
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Chathol-linn,

That's wonderful! Congratulations! Is there someplace we can go to read the poems? I'd love to see them. Or would you consider sending them in for the fanfiction section?

Please go ahead with your post.

Cami
Old 01-06-2004, 12:50 AM   #127
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Yes! COngratulations to you! Thats a great achievement!!!

Indeed, my mistake, it is Berilac. I shall go and alter the names in word and put it up here soon [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 04:47 AM   #128
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

You can read these most excellent bits of writing here:

Chathol-linn

Congratulations, Chathol-linn! You have every right to crow!

~*~ Pio
Old 01-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #129
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cami- Here is the post I worked up for the arrival of the other refugees from the weather hills. If there is anything that you would like me to change, just let me know.

~~~

It was growing dark, and the clouded sky did little to improve matters. Kirima stood at the edge of the campsite, once again watching for intruders. She cast a longing glance toward the fire behind her, looking enviously at the few bandits seated around it. The weather had grown colder, whispering of winter. The rains that had tormented them were gone, leaving the land no less dry than before. With the cold that now came it seemed that only snow might fall.

The land will see little water until the first warmth of spring floods the parched earth with snowmelt, Kirima thought. If we survive the winter, maybe spring will be kinder. She stared into the woods, thankful for the last few rays of sunlight. Her watch would soon be over, but if she let so much as a rabbit slip into the camp, she knew she could expect a reprimand. The entire camp was tense, with the hint of winter’s approach.

Kirima scanned the woods again, watching for movement. Walking a little ways into the trees she thought she heard a sound above the quiet murmur of the campsite. She cocked an ear and listened. The sound was quiet, but very distinct; something was moving toward the bandit’s camp. Though they were well-hidden by the shadow of the forest, Kirima could see figures approaching. For one alarming moment, she thought the townsfolk had found them. Then she realized that it was the other refugees from the weather hills that were now drawing near their camp. She turned and shouted at those sitting by the fire to tell Lotar and Guthwine that the others had come, and then she ran out to meet them.

Soon enough the camp was full of newcomers, and noiser than it had been for a good while. Small children dashed about, playing and laughing. Other folk set up tents and rough shelters, or cut wood to build fires. Lotar and Guthwine were discussing their plans to capture the town with several men who had just arrived, and Kirima joined several other women to prepare a meal for the campsite.

Everyone seemed a good deal more cheerful than before. Those who had traveled with the scouting party found the friends they had left, and listened eagerly to every story from the weather hills. People laughed and talked, and for a while the threat of winter was forgotten.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:08 PM   #130
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Congrats Cathol-linn!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Pio- Could you paste this up in the save (14th December) please?

Fippi

Fippi sat alone, gloating. He couldn't really believe he was going out tonight, saving rabbits. In a way he felt very pleased with himself. This was after all a symbol of friendship, between him and his class mates. He giggled, but stopped as soon as his mother passed him by, looking suspiciously at the him.

"You're awfully happy today," she muttered with a short laugh.

Fippi smirked, but didn't answer. He told her that he was tired and wanted to go to bed. His mother looked at him oddly, however, Fippi wasn't surprised by it. He never actually volunteered to go to bed. Hedgar usually had to make him go to bed. Fippi sighed and looked at Rosie, who didn't understand her son's intention. "I am really tired," he added quickly.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked. Fippi opened his eyes wide open. "Well, I mean," Rosie started as soon as she saw the disappointed face expression in her son's face. "You never go to bed willingly so why the sudden ..."

She was interrupted by Hedgar who appeared in the door. "Just let the boy go to bed, or he'll get cranky tomorrow," Hedgar said being amused by the whole scene. He lifted his cup up to his mouth and drank the final drops of tea. He waited for Rosie to come with objections which eventually came. "But Hedgar… Something is wrong! This boy doesn't need sleep! He never goes to bed when he is supposed to, and he isn't very cranky of nature either!" she exclaimed aggressively.

Fippi looked up at his mother and shook his head. She is figuring me out, Fippi thought desperately, trying to look very innocent. He felt his hands being sweaty and his head was getting ever warmer. This was definitely over. If Rosie continued this she would figure it out and he would get hear much yelling for even thinking about getting out so late at night. He shuddered as he straightened up to listen to Hedgar's 'defence'.

"Rosie! For one time sake's, let the boy sleep. He won't get lazy for sleeping once in a while," Hedgar started. He was immediately interrupted by Rosie who raised her voice to another level. She explained that this lazy-thing wasn't the point. "Not the point at all!" she expressed. "The boy is up to something!" She said again, but was overwhelmed by Hedgar's fierce voice.

"It's not like he is doing something against the law," Hedgar said. He continued:" It's not like he is going to run away." Hedgar looked at Fippi and blinked. Fippi almost jumped up by that last sentence, but made himself smile and blink back to his father, who obviously thought there was nothing wrong whatsoever.

After huge debate Fippi’s parents reached the decision that their boy would do nothing wrong. "Right?" Rosie said, looking questioningly at her son. Fippi nodded, but looked worryingly down on the floor. He raised from his stool and made his way out of the room, having his parents behind exchanging worried looks and expressions. He saw Hedgar ending the debate as he made himself another cup of tea. Fippi advanced towards the door of his room and slid through the door. How was he going to make it out of the house when his mother was so suspicious? He had no idea, and soon he gave up the idea of ever getting out of the hobbit hole to be with his friends, saving the rabbits. He undressed and put on his night wear. Fippi looked out of the window, where the sky was already turning dark and the light from the moon shone brightly.

"KNOCK! KNOCK!"

Fippi turned around as he saw the door of his room slide open. Fippi sprang towards his bed and threw himself on it. In a desperate movement he turned the light out and was silent...

"I know you're awake, sonny," Hedgar said as soon as he had tip-toed into the room. Fippi sat up and looked at his father. "Now?" Hedgar said, having another cup of tea in his hand. Fippi frowned while asking; ”Now what?"

"Oh come on boy! You can tell me! What was your ‘plan’? I want to know! I am curious! See? It's eating me alive!"

Fippi was both surprised and stunned by his father’s sudden eagerness to know everything, and for moments Fippi couldn't get himself to speak. He managed to press forwards however, that he was supposed to meet some friends. "From school, that is," he finished. Hedgar looked as if he was in deep thought and now and then he put his cup to his mouth and drank in small gulps. Fippi held his tongue and waited for Hedgar to think this through. At first Fippi couldn't believe he had just told his father. There was absolutely no way he was going away with this, or rather, there was no way Hedgar would allow him to meet friends at this time of night.

"Friends you say?" Hedgar asked thoughtfully. Having emptied his cup and all, Fippi had to think fast. Hadger wasn't very co-operative without tea and sugar running in his veins.

"Aye," Fippi said, as he knew Hedgar loved when people said 'aye' instead of 'yes', which after Hedgar's opinion was too 'Big-Folkish'.

"Well then... Off you go! And I'll cover for you for about 1-2 hours. I cannot guarantee more time," he said quickly now rising from Fippi's bed where, he had been sitting comfortably.

Silently, but with great excitement, Fippi had made it out of the house as soon as his father had agreed. Fippi was still a bit worried about the fact that his father was 'covering' for him, whatever that meant. He shrugged. Now the most important thing was to make it to the agreed meeting-place and hopefully they hadn't gone to the hedge already.

Fippi ran the last bit of the road and met the others, breathing heavily. "Ready?" one of the children asked as soon as he saw Fippi arriving.

Let me know if something needs to be changed!

Thanks,
Nova [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 12:15 PM   #131
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Arestevana,

Very nicely done. I'm probably wait till tonight to put the bandit posts up Rudgars, mine, and hopefully the others) and do something for Guthwine.

We'll have to see if it fits in best while Guthwine is away or we need to wait for their return. I'll probably add some kind of introductory paragraph in a separate post.

Nova,

I really like the dialog in your post between the father and son. It sounds so believable!

Cami

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:20 PM January 07, 2004: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 01-07-2004, 12:19 PM   #132
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

NOVA -

Your post is on board!

And what a nice dad Fippi has! I'm afraid, though, that he's going to be in big trouble when Rosie finds out!!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:57 PM   #133
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I'm back and I'll try to post as soon as possible I'm at school and don't want to be caught! ooo I'm so bad [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 12:58 PM   #134
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Welcome back, Esgallhugwen! Will await your post. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 03:21 PM   #135
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Tolkien

Hello!

I just wanted to tell you that I'm back.

I've read Nova's post, and I was wondering if you wanted a short "dialogue" between the couple, Rosie and Hedgar. It can be a bit... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

So, interested?
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 03:35 PM   #136
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Oro,

That sounds interesting....as long as Rosie and Hedgar are careful not to give away any inkling of where the children actually are.

I can't imagine Rosie going along with Hedgar's "nonsense" but we shall see!

Cami
Old 01-07-2004, 06:09 PM   #137
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Oro

I put a save up for you. Right after my post for Kari on 1/4/5:16 p.m.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:51 AM   #138
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Here is my post for Kandel. Please let me know if it needs any tweaking at all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~*~

Kandel strode through the city, not worrying about blending in. After all this time, people thought he was a regualr to the city. Lotar had let him wander in and out, collecting valuable snippits of information. He nodded politely at different people that passed him.

‘Good day to ye, Fean’ said one of the bar-rats, out for fresh air. This name he used in the town. It was from his mothers own name, and he could not think of anything more fitting in looking for such a cause as this. He also liked hearing something close to her name being said out loud again.

‘And to ye Holth’ Kandel said in return ‘The service any better in there today?’ he said with a wink.

‘What do you think!’ said the man with a hoot and a wave, which was enough to send him off balance.

Kandel lowered his head and was hit by the dank and smoky air of the tavern. He ordered an ale and joked with the barliman, before sitting down for a good yarn with the tired men of the town.

‘We’ve reached dark times, it is easy to be seen’ said one grey-haired man, pipe clenched in his teeth ‘Our defenses aren’t meant for war! We have a task defending these awful bandits!’

Some grumbled in agreeance, others waved him off. Kandel sat and listened carefully.

‘I still find this city too divided! We have too much trouble getting along with Halflings, let alone defending from the foreign menace burning at our borders!’

Another spoke up ‘I think we have little choice. Those bandits are destroying us bit-by-bit! We have to get along if we are to survive! We need those Halflings help if the wall is to be mended!’

‘So they are mending the wall. It is a wise thing to do in their case, though they have not the time to do it properly’ Kandel thought inwardly. His thoughts were interrupted when a man called out his ‘name’

‘What do you think of this Fean? Your words have always guided is well, boy!’

‘My words have hardly been fitting for these things! If it was how to woo the carpenter’s sister, I could help ye mightily!’ he drew a rose out of his pocket and handed it to one of the barmaids.

‘But of war and politics, I have no real advice to give ye. I only lend my ear to such things’ he leant back as they chuckled at his antics, and took another mouth of ale.

‘My, that hardly seems like you…Fean’ said a voice as a hand clamped on his shoulder. Kandel saw the look in Guthwine’s eye and didn’t shift his expression.

‘Well Uncle, you’ve been away from these parts so long! Last you saw of me I was dueling squirrels and snails with a wooden sword! I have lived and learnt since!’ Kandel was quick to introduce Guthwine as his uncle Endol, and sat him down for an ale.

As Guthwine moved, he hissed at him ‘Lived and learnt? Obviously not as much as was needed! These are drunkards! What could you possibly learn from them! What did I say about drinking? And what is with this ridiculous name you are traipsing about with?’ His voice was becoming more elevated as he continued.

‘You haven’t changed Uncle! I am no child, I know this town well, and all its fine people!’ he waved his hands out to the men of the Bar, who cheered in response. Kandel took another drink and covered his words with his glass.

‘This method has saved the entire camp in the past. You have less luck asking at random. And what of my name? Would you say that to one other who bore it?’

Guthwine had little to say to him of this, but his expression did not lack in telling his feelings of what he said. Satisfied with this, he leant back on his stool and said ‘Are you not expected back at the house Uncle? Mother will be grieved if you are not home soon, she worries so! But I have the day to myself, so I shall see you a little after dinnertime! Fare thee well!’ and with that he turned his back on Guthwine, and went back to regaling his friends.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:12 AM   #139
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Tara,

This looks good! I will get all the posts up tomorrow and add my own.

Cami
Old 01-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #140
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Pipe

Hello!

Here is my post, Pio.

It didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, though. But I hope it's okay. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rosie

Rosie had by all means the intention to check up on the boy as soon as Hedgar had gone out to the mills, and close them up for the night. Her husband however, didn't show any sign of going that evening. This, particularly, seemed to make Rosie even more curious what Fippi was up too; and perhaps her husband was involved as well. She didn't know...yet.

But soon Rosie forgot about Fippi's very queer behaviour, and started to tidy the kitchen. It looked quite messy after a "hard" day's work in it. When she was done, it had become much darker outside, and even Rosie was starting to get tired. It had been almost two hour since Fippi had gone to bed, and now Rosie remembered that she had planned to check up on him. Hedgar however was seated in the kitchen waiting for the late afternoon tea that Rosie was making. He smiled as she looked at him.

"I think I'll go and check on Fippi," Rosie said so that she could she her husband's reaction. She smiled again, and went towards the door.

"...B-but the tea dear?" Hedgar asked faintly, rising slowly from his chair. He got up now, when he saw that Rosie was walking towards the door in direction of Fippi’s room. "Sit down honey.." Hedgar said in a kind and low voice. "Lets drink some tea," he said calmly.

Rosie looked at him suspiciously. What on earth was going on here? She wondered. Why didn't her husband want her to check up on her son? It was like Hedgar heard what she was thinking because he told her not "To disturb the boy's beauty sleep", and then he laughed merrily. Rosie however protests: "Boys need no beauty sleep!" She exclaimed and looked with great eyes at her husband. He laughed again; "You are something...aren't you Rosie? Always...this very...amusing creature, that's what you are." he said and laughed even louder.

Rosie couldn't ignore this, and laughed as well. Taking Rosie's hand he led her over to the table again, and pushed her in her chair. There was something wrong here, Rosie thought. Her husband’s hands were all sweaty. They weren't sweaty…. unless, something.....was going on. Something was wrong. He was nervous, that was it! It was unbelievable how her imagination was teasing with her, and how it created images upon images in her head.

Hedgar got over to the kitchen and picked up two cups and the brought Rosie tea.

This was odd, Rosie thought at once. Hedgar had always been a very kind and loving husband, but she was always the one that served tea. But she had to admit that she liked the idea, and how she was being treated. Like a real lady, she thought.

"Thank you darling," she said and smiled. "The pleasure is mine…" Hedgar said politely, and lifted his cup towards his lips. The tea was quite hot, so the left his mouth as soon as it had come. "Very hot!" He exclaimed.

"Oh...yes, it is indeed." Rosie said and laughed.

"So, what's going on...with Fippi?" She asked suspiciously and she could feel the curiosity eating her up inside. She couldn't quite slip the thought that Fippi had went to bed by himself, and at that time.

"Hm?" Hedgar asked innocently, now picking up his cup again. He looked at her as he was surprised over the question.

"Don't ask if you're surprised now," Rosie said in a teasing, but at the same time suspicious way. Her lips curled slowly when she saw that Hedgar was ignoring the question by taking another long sip of his tea.

Hedgar shrugged, and took a sip of his tea once again. "I t-think he had a bit of a headache." He mumbled. Rosie gasped. Her dear son was sick, and Hedgar hadn't told her! How could he? "He is sick?!?" She asked loudly.

"Noooo...." Hedgar said and sat down the cup again, she took her hand and said: "He's only got a thing headache...t-that's all." He should never have said that, he probably knew that as well, because Rosie was now storming up from the chair. "Why didn't you tell me?" She said curling her lips even more. She seemed upset that her son was sick and that Hedgar hadn't allowed her to help Fippi. "B-because....Fippi wanted to take it easy, and sleep." Hedgar muttered, not seeming the slight of worried at all.

Rosie shrugged. "Perhaps he does...."She said and sat down in the chair.”That was why he wanted to go to bed." She said and sighed. "I can't believe he wouldn't tell his own mother though. Maybe he doesn't like....like me....nursing him." She said and gave a deeper sigh than before. "My dear Fippi is a big boy now...he can handle it alone, that's probably it. That very brave boy of mine..." Rosie said as a tear was streaming down one of her pink cheeks.

"No, honey!" Hedgar said and wiped the tear away. "He loves when you…dull with him.“ He said and gave a faint smile. It was obvious that he didn’t want Rosie to feel bad for anything.

"Yes, you're probably right." Rosie said and sniffed. She took a sip from her tea."He is a big boy now....a big brave boy." She muttered. "Aye, he is indeed." Hedgar said and smiled. Rosie smiled as well, but she could still feel the concern for Fippi. She had always thought of him like a small innocent baby, that needed his mother's love and care for his survival. That was a bit true though, she thought afterwards.

"Let’s make a deal!" Hedgar suggested enthusiastically. Rosie looked up, and waited for Hedgar to continue. "If he doesn't come down tomorrow as early as he always does..." Rosie interrupted Hedgar with her merry laughter. "Yes..?" She said waiting yet again from Hedgar to continue. "....well, then we'll go and talk to him. And then, my dear, you can nurse him...all you want!" He said and smiled at her, now taking a deep breath.

Rosie didn't say anything, she just smiled, over the fantastic idea her husband had just brought up. He was truly a man with a great character…..

Okay, I figured it would be best for Hedgar [both of them] if Rosie didn't find out that "Fippi had gone out with friends from school." Heh.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tell me if I need to fix aything, [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Oro
Old 01-08-2004, 02:49 PM   #141
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Oro

Your post is on board! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~*~ Pio
Old 01-09-2004, 02:21 AM   #142
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Whoops! It's been a long day. The bandits' posts, and my own, will go up Friday morning....hopefully, bright and early!

Cami
Old 01-09-2004, 02:06 PM   #143
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

It's not exactly bright and early, but the bandit posts are now up.

On the bandit adventures in Bree, see

Kandel, 12/14 10:06 pm
Guthwine, same as 10:09 pm
Rudgar, same at 10:14 pm.

Meanwhile, back at camp.....the refugees from the Weather Hills have marched into the bandits' encampment, even before the "spies" arrive home.

This appears at the end of the current game thread, plus another post by Guthwine. The bandits have a little meal but must leave quickly. The embers are starting to burn on the hill right above the cave where the bunnies are being taken.

Good luck Breelander children! Things could get a little hot....

The bandits should now start working on posts getting us back to camp and welcoming the folk from Weather Hills. It should be a happy night for us, reuniting with those who were left behind. Maybe Guthwine and Lotar will bury the axe, at least for a little?
Old 01-09-2004, 02:15 PM   #144
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Quote:
Maybe Guthwine and Lotar will bury the axe . . .
Yes, and hopefully not in each other! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 06:26 PM   #145
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Yes, and hopefully not in each other!
teehee! Sounds possible with those two hm? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I think in extremes, Lotar will give to a little cooperation *grins*

Ill get going on preparing a new post for whatever comes. Ill also make up one for Lotar's reaction, as he is still at the camp.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:37 AM   #146
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Big Folk and Little Folk children:

See my post of January 10, 2004 01:47 AM. The coney's are in trouble! It is very early morning, just around dawn. The small fire the bandits left carelessly burning has crept down the hillside and now threatens to do in the bunnies.

Fippi will lead the charge back to try and save the animals - but the children will be trapped in the cave. All except Lily who tripped on a rock and fell, unseen, in the smoke, and Willofain who lagged behind to fill the waterskins she brought for the bunnies.

Nova, I think, will do the post for Fippi.

Can I get some of you others to post your reactions and confusion, and feelings of being scared that the fire has you trapped and you can't get out.

Will will find Lily and run back to the town with her. And Willowfain too should hightail it back to Bree and raise the alarm.

Make it as dramatic as you wish. And feel free to use Kari, Rollo and Randy (the Big folk kids) and Pearl and Hamson (Hobbits) in your posts.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:24 AM   #147
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Nova, I think, will do the post for Fippi.
Yes, I m working on it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I have some questions though.....

1) Regarding Fippi's post: All the children will make it into the cave, except Lily and Will... Is it okay if Fippi and the other children notice that the pair of them is gone? (This won't be happening before they are in the cave, with the fire blocking the entrance, of course..)

2) Would you like me to write a post for Hedgar afterwards? About him, waking up, not finding Fippi. He could go look for him (Tell Rosie another lie) and end up in the Prancing Pony, where he accidentally meets Miz Andreth and tells her that Fippi is missing?

Let me know, please. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks
Nova
Old 01-10-2004, 01:29 PM   #148
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Quote:
1) Regarding Fippi's post: All the children will make it into the cave, except Lily and Will... Is it okay if Fippi and the other children notice that the pair of them is gone? (This won't be happening before they are in the cave, with the fire blocking the entrance, of course..)
Don’t mention Will – no one knows he is following them – trying to see what they are doing and keep them safe if he can. Do notice that Lily and Willofain, too(she lagged behind to go to the creek to get water for the coneys) are not with you all. The smoke should be thick, hard to see – the children will have to move themselves and the conies into a far chamber of the cave and lay down on the floor to breath.

Quote:
2) Would you like me to write a post for Hedgar afterwards? About him, waking up, not finding Fippi. He could go look for him (Tell Rosie another lie) and end up in the Prancing Pony, where he accidentally meets Miz Andreth and tells her that Fippi is missing?
Yes, have him get up very early – dawn, (the fire is just starting about then and the children are just running for the cave). He can actually seek out Miz Andreth – maybe hoping Fippi for some reason is sleeping over with Edmund.

This will give Cami a chance to have Andreth peek into Edmund’s room and discover him gone.

Right after all this is when Willofain should be alerting the Mayor and Will comes running back to alert the town also.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:45 PM   #149
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Chathol-linn

Check your PM's. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nova

I put a SAVE on the game for Hedgar going to the Inn. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #150
Chathol-linn
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Hi! Here is a post for Willofain. Feel free to edit this to fit the story line, or let me know if you need something else. Regards - Chathol-linn

Willofain overhears the bandits outside the Hedge

Willofain never knew what made her follow Minastan’s wolfhound into the Chetwood. She thought it was a wonderful spy game, just as the Mayor had hinted. When Minastan took the note from Huan Vu’s red neckerchief and replaced it with one of his own, Willofain thought it was part of the fun. A secret!

She watched Huan Vu speed away from Minastan. Willofain followed as best she could, all the way back from the Chetwood to the Hedge. There she heard voices. It was dark but she could see from their silhouettes that they were four Big Folk. Willofain had never seen any of them before. They were each leading a horse. She heard the biggest one say, “Be careful what you do and say. Listen to the conversations around you on the streets; do not be afraid to talk to others. Find out everything you can, but be careful to hide your true identity.”

Willofain wondered, Why are you hiding who you are? She could not make it out what they meant to do. She decided to find Mayor Harald and tell him, and she slipped through the gap in the Hedge.

Now other voices came to her ears. This time the owners of the voices were both Big Folk and Little, and Willofain knew some of them from school.

"What are you doing?” she asked.

Kari explained, “We are helping Edmund save the bunnies from the stewpot. We brought them here and now we must get them some food and water.”

“Oh, I can help!” said Willofain, forgetting all about her message to the mayor. “Water, you say? Well, I can fetch that for them. Where shall I bring it?”

“Do you know the cave near the gap in the hedge?” said Edmund. “We’ve put them in there.”

“I will be back straight away,” said Willofain. She made off to get her water skins filled, and it was then that she came upon the smoldering embers left by the four Big Folk. The nearby leaves had caught fire and were burning.

“There are leaves everywhere!” exclaimed Willofain. Sure enough, the fire began to spread, and it raced downhill toward the cave where the children had hidden the conies. She ran toward the flames, trying to outpace them and give warning when suddenly she caromed into the legs of a Big boy and went flying backwards.

The Big boy came over and offered her a hand up. “I’m Will Farroweed,” he said. “You’re Willofain. You know the mayor, don’t you? Then I have a job for you.”

The night was darkest just before dawn. The fire at the Hedge was behind her, and its smoke still pained her eyes and made it hard to see. Few lights showed in the houses of Bree.

Harald, please be at home, Willofain thought as she ran through the dark streets.

She passed the house of Dantha, the mayor’s sweetheart, and continued up the graveled street to the stone house that was the mayor’s. To her joy a light shone through the upstairs window that overlooked the street and the town.

“Mayor Harald!” she cried in her little girl voice.

The window opened outward. “Who calls?”

“It is Willofain! O Mayor, there is a fire down town. Please let me in!”

Let her in! Harald was downstairs in an instant and nearly carried the girl upstairs to the kitchen. “Give me you news!”

And she did. “The fire is headed for the Hedge! And the girls and boys from school are in the cave with the conies,” she finished.

“What next,” he groaned. “Stay here!” Harald stormed outside and ran down the hill, shouting for Telien all the while.

Willofain was never one to follow orders, but she stayed long enough to search the kitchen for some food. She found a slice of cheese, the end of a loaf of bread, and some cool cider. She wolfed these down like Huan Vu, and then took after the mayor, catching up to him at the sign of the Prancing Pony.

“Fire!” he was roaring into the night.

Chathol-linn -

Nice post! I divided it into 3 sections and posted each in where they fit best.

~*~ Pio

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:23 PM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-11-2004, 12:51 PM   #151
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hello!

I know I promised one more post, but I haven't finished that yet. I'll try to either get it up later today or tomorrow. I hope that's alright. Anyway, here's the post for Fippi and the fire.

Fippi and the Fire

Fippi was pleased by the night’s accomplishments, but was even more pleased to hear the suggestion, of them all going back soon to look after the rabbits. Fippi grinned, as he bent down and picked up what looked like an eatable plant. He turned his eyes over at the others, who had gathered leaves and grass for the small ones. They would be heading back to the cave first, before returning home, to give the rabbits the juiciest leaves and grass found in Bree.

Fippi looked up, to see that dawn was drawing near. He knew that he was way too late for the agreement he and his father had reached the previous evening. Off you go! And I'll cover for you for about 1-2 hours. These were the exact word of his father. Fippi shrugged, knowing that he had been out for a lot more than 1-2 hours. By this, he grew a bit ashamed, but he shook the feeling off as he saw the other children making ready to go to the cave again. I'll soon be home, Fippi thought, assuring himself that this was how it was going to be.

He bent down one last time to find some juicy grass by a big tree trunk. As he and the other children, following him, stepped out of the shadows, Fippi felt a weird smell stream into his nostrils. Fippi opened his hand, where he had gathered grass and leaves. He stuck his nose down in it, but it wasn't the same smell which he smelt now. The smell of grass was delicious and reminded him of a hot summer day when he climbed trees. This smell, however, reminded him of ... of.. when Hedgar lit a fire!

The Hobbit boy opened his eyes wide open, looking tensely around. The other children, who noticed Fippi stopping up, came up beside him and asked curiously if there was something wrong. Fippi waved the twins off, still trying to look after something which could imply that his nostrils hadn't been completely wrong, when thinking it smelled like fire.

"The coneys!" Fippi suddenly burst out. By the cave, which wasn't far away, grey smoke could be seen and the flames made it almost impossible to be mistaken. "Fire!" he yelled, now pointing desperately at the flames. ‘We’ve got to save them!!!"

Without hesitating and in mere desperation, Edmund and Kari ran with great pace over to have a better look. Randy and Rollo followed closely behind; meanwhile the Hobbit children were the last ones to run closer, (their short legs seemed to be the main reason, not their courage). The thick grey smoke had spread around in the area in no time, and it looked like dirty snow. Somewhere in between, you could see the colour of red, mixing up with the smoke, dust and the faint sunlight. The fire would soon be out of control.

Fippi urged everyone to stay together, being afraid of losing the others in the smoke, which laid itself like a blanket around them. “I can’t see!!” Kari shrieked. Fippi felt the heat of the fire and pearls of sweat dripping down from his forehead. “Into the cave!” Fippi urged. It was all he could think of, at the moment. The others agreed, now not seeing each other clearly. “We’ve got to save the coneys, now,” Fippi continued. Fippi felt the smoke running down in his throat, causing difficulties to speak and breathe. He fought desperately against it, taking his hand to his throat, trying to breathe. He hulked as he heard Randy.

“But what about the fire,” she asked, coughing. “The cave is our only chance!” Fippi tried to shout this out loudly for everyone to hear, but he didn't know if his voice had reached everyone's ears. Fippi though, hadn’t finished before he could hear most of the children running towards and into the cave.

The darkness in the cave was unpleasant, but the smoke, luckily, hadn’t overwhelmed them, yet. Fippi looked around, hoping to see someone by his side. For a moment, he stood still, calling for the others. Why did I have to lose the others now? he thought, helping himself to calm down. Here he was, alone in the dark, in a cave with fire and smoke blocking the entrence. Was it over?

Fippi advanced over the cave floor, holding his hands out, waving desperately with them in hope to dash into somone. "Ouch!" Pearl, let out. Pearl and Hamson stood just as helpless as Fippi in the dark. But now,at least, the three of them had found each other. None of them unfortunately could seem to spot the any of the others anywhere, though.

"Fippi, is that you?" It was Kali approaching, who to the Hobbits looked like a giant in the dark. "Come!" Kali urged.

Soon they entered a chamber far into the cave. It was even darker in here, but less smoke. Fippi could glimpse the Big Folk children, who had made it to the cave before the Hobbit children. "The coneys are safe," Rollo assured Fippi. "For now," Kali said, looking at the coneys. Fippi nodded. The Hobbits and the Big Folk children lay down on the floor; it was common knowledge that smoke went upwards and that the oxygen would be nearest to the ground. They huddled together, coughing now and then as the smoke swirled around in the chamber. Fippi felt the half wet ground under his body. He looked around, getting snall gilmpses of each and every,

W-where i-is Li-ly a-and Will-ofain? Fippi stammered. Where a-are th-they? he asked. He felt his hands getting sweaty. Had the smoke overwhelmed Lily and Willofain? Hadn't the two of them made it to the cave?

That was it.

Let me know if it needs editing, please. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Nova
Old 01-11-2004, 01:08 PM   #152
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nova

Great post! It's on board.

Loved this part:

Quote:
. . . meanwhile the Hobbit children were the last ones to run closer, (their short legs seemed to be the main reason, not their courage).
Short legs, big hearts, great spirits - you've captured the Hobbit character!

Take your time - There's a reserved space for Hedgar waiting.

~*~ Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 04:26 PM   #153
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Fear! Fire! Awake!

The fire is burning, the children are trapped in the cave.

Cami Hedgar is at the Inn talking to Andreth - hoping Fippi has spent the night with Edmund. They should be hearing the alarm bells and shouts of 'Fire!' as they discover neither Edmund or Fippi are there.

Chathol-linn - go ahead and organise the putting out of the fire. Berilac will organise the rescue of the children.

Nova - Berilac is going to draft Hedgar into helping with the rescue. I'll PM you later when I have the plan worked out more firmly.

Oro

Clear your PM's please.

~*~ Pio

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:37 PM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-11-2004, 07:52 PM   #154
Chathol-linn
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Hi - I tried editing the RPG thread at the Save place but it would not let me. Here's the post. Please feel free to post it or edit it as necessary.

Harald Organizes the Fire Fighting

Harald’s first breathless stop was the Town Hall. It was a fortunate location - most of the way down town and not too far from the Pony. The Captain of Guards was already there, as were many of the townsfolk, Big and Little, resident and guest, who had been roused from their beds by the alarm. Harald could see Berilac the Hobbit Ranger running full speed up the street.

Behind the Town Hall, Bree kept a shed and in it they had fire fighting tools, for fires were a deadly menace whether in heat of summer, drought of fall, or cold of winter when every fireplace was roaring. The Breelanders all knew this and had taken precautions.

“We are lucky that many of our roofs are made of slate, and our houses of stone,” said Telien.

“True,” said Harald. “But there is much that could burn. The Pony is close to the Hedge and is made of a lot of timber.”

“You might have to pull it down if the fire makes it to the Hedge,” said one of the town council members.

“I will if I have to,” said Harald, thinking of a time a hundred years ago when, his Mum had told him, a Mayor had refused to do just that, and Bree had burnt to the ground. They still called that one ‘the fool mayor.’ “But let us make sure we do not have to.”

Harald jumped to the top of the steps that led to the Hall. “Breelanders All! I call on you to fight this new threat of fire. I need three heads of household from the lower town, now! And someone from the Prancing Pony. Ban, it is you.”

A goodwife and huge Uther of the Big Folk stepped forward, together with Elmerith, Telien’s second in command. Ban from the Pony came too, looking as if he were dreaming or wished he were. The smell of smoke came on the morning breeze, and the crackle of fire sounded like a battle. The sun rose red in the sky.

“After all our work to repair it, that Hedge is not coming down,” Harald told them. To the four he had called forth he said, “Each of you – get ten of your folk and make a bucket brigade line from each of the downtown cisterns to the Hedge. Portion out the Hedge and wet it down. Don’t stop. Thank all the powers that be for the heavy rain we had a while back. The wells and cisterns are full.”

Dantha arrived, panting. “What can I do, Harald?”

“Go in the shed, get the buckets, and pile them in four piles in front of the cisterns.” Dantha ran to the shed and found the buckets. There were other, more ominous tools there: axes, ladders, hooks, chains. But she kept up her courage and grabbed buckets by the handles, and brought them out to the cisterns.

“We need more hands, Harald!” she shouted over the roar of crowd and flame. “If the fire crosses the Hedge, we will be open to any bandit on the East Road or the Greenway!”

“Worse,” said Telien. “If it hits the smith shop next to the Pony, the charcoal will burn hot enough to melt all the iron in Bree.”

“I will get the lads and lasses,” said Dantha, and she dashed away. Soon she returned with at least two dozen youths and maids, and then the bucket brigades went faster.

Harald was thinking of taking a calm breath when he saw Berilac pushing toward the Town Hall steps.

“The children in the cave!” he was shouting. “What about the children!”

“Oh, no,” said Harald. “I forgot Willofain’s message. Telien! Open the North Gates. Get them wetted down. See to Berilac – he knows where they are!”

Then Harald abandoned forever any reservations he might have had about the Little Folk. He turned to the Hobbit Ranger.

“Berilac, Bree is already in your debt for your help on the Hedge. While you’re looking out for the youngsters, might the other Hobbits try their hand at fire-fighting? I've seen Hobbits stamp out a fire with bare feet.”

A burning branch separated from its burning tree and landed wind-borne on the street in front of them. There it lay as a symbol of all the rancor and trouble that had separated the two folk, and it was Harald who held his breath and waited.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:12 AM   #155
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Chathol-linn

Your post is on the game! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've filled in all my saves and will await others filling in their SAVES.

Chathol-linn should be doing another firefighting post, I think and then I'll do a short post in which the children are rescued.

Soon after that, I think we should move on to the final scenes for the game - the attempted invasion of Bree by the bandits.

How does that sound?
Old 01-12-2004, 01:35 PM   #156
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Pio,

That sounds fine.

First, I want to say what a great job everyone is doing on these fire posts. I sat down and read the whole sequence for the first time today, and it sounds wonderful.

Second, I am filling in my saves. So far I've finished with these:

1/9 at 2:45 pm -- I edited the post so that Guthwine and the other bandits are deep in the forest now, but still have miles to go, and,

1/10 at 7:17 pm - new post for Kali and Edmund in the fire.

Thirdly, Nova, please check your pms. This is regard to the save for 1/11 at 3:10 am which you are scheduled to fill in.... The one that says....Hedgar looks for Fippi at the Pracing Pony.

Let me know by pm or on the thread what you'd prefer to do...

I will continue to fill in other saves today and be finished by late tonight.

Cami

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:42 PM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 01-12-2004, 02:05 PM   #157
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nova,

Check your pms again, and let me know...

Cami
Old 01-12-2004, 02:24 PM   #158
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Thanks Pio, for pasting my previous post up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Alright! Here is my post! Thank you very much for your patience. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (I believe everyone knows where it should be placed.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

Hedgar

Hedgar woke at the break of dawn, by the rays of the sun; streaming trough the curtains, making it immensely light. The Hobbit rolled over and down on the floor, now being fully awake. He grabbed his dressing gown and went silently out of the room, shutting the door carefully; Rosie was still asleep. Hedgar made his way to Fippi's room. He stood still for a moment, waiting, listening if there were any signs of life inside. After a few minutes passing, the Hobbit man made his move. With a gracious movement he opened the door and slid in.

At first, Hedgar grinned, seeing Fippi laying in his bed, or that was what he thought he had seen. Soon enough Hedgar understood that he had been very much mistaken; it was only a doll of some kind. The Hobbit grabbed the doll by the hair, stared into its' eyes, before throwing it across the room hearing a little *boom* as it hit the wall. He heard a vague sound coming from Rosie's bedroom; she would soon wake up, Hedgar knew that. He felt his hand getting sweaty as he reluctantly picked the doll up from the floor and threw it back on the bed. This time, with no real force. Hedgar left the room moments later before getting another 'doll-attack.'

What am I supposed to do? Hedgar thought angrily being disappointed that his so called 'plan' hadn't worked. Now, not only, would Fippi be in big trouble when Rosie figured all of this out (she would, eventually, and her Hobbit Sense would help her getting to the truth); He, Hedgar would be in even bigger trouble! The Hobbit slammed his head desperately against the wall regretting it the very moment he realised he had done it; what if Rose had heard? Besides, it was terribly painful!

"Ehm... ehm..Don't mind me dear... It's nothing.. dear.. nothing at all.. everything is under... under control," he stammered to his own rescue, taking one hand to his forehead (where the pain was worst), rubbing gently. The other hand found its way to his mouth. The terrible headache was intolerable, and the Hobbit had to take his hand into his mouth and bite his jaws together, to prevent screaming.

Light-footed, Hedgar ran towards the front door. "I think I see Fippi by the mills," he pressed forwards, still having half of his hand in his mouth. "I'll go and look for him and bring him back for breakfast in a little while," he managed to say before springing out the door, slamming it shut behind him. He ran out, not caring if Rosie had heard it; she was still in bed, and would probably stay there for a while more.

"Neat!" Hedgar muttered to himself. "Here I am; in pyjamas, no breakfast, no shaving and only one silver coin!" He reached after the coin in his dressing gown, which he still wore. "Well, well," he said grinning, meanwhile looking at the coin, now feeling a bit pleased about himself.

Hedgar ran quickly away from the doorstep and the hobbit hole. One would never know if Rosie stood 'lurking' in the window, being suspicious about Hedgar's behaviour.

He trudged slowly away, calling for Fippi now and then. Soon, but naturally with that stomach, he became tired and the sweat started running down from his back. He realised that he had turned in a totally different direction than intended, and now he had ended up near the Prancing Pony. He smirked as he saw his opportunity. Ale, this time a day must be a record, he thought, getting rather cheerful by this thought. He forgot what he was really out for, and headed towards the Inn in a great pace, or rather the greatest pace a Hobbit like Hedgar could make.

There was a faint light in the Inn. Only a few people sat at the benches, most being slightly drunk or half asleep. None however, came to Hedgar's attention. He made his way to the desk, where he laid the silver coin and ordered a pint. The woman standing behind seemed to be very surprised by this customer; drinking this time a day. Hedgar felt the smell of fresh ale. It was delicious and he seemed to be forgetting his real task; to find Fippi. Hedgar settled at one of the benches, alone. He sipped his ale, now and then trying to remember why he was even here. He shrugged as he drank hit ale in big gulps.

"Hedgar?"

It was a woman, who appeared in front of him. At first he ignored her, but figured soon that this was Miz Andreth; Fippi's teacher. He smiled, drying the areas around his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Miz.. Andreth!" he said, happy to finally talk to someone. "I am really sorry about my behaviour, the pea-episode, I mean," he said snorting.

The woman told him not to worry and that she would be sceptic too, if her boy had been treated so badly at school. Hedgar smiled again, approving.

"So, what makes you drop by this time a day?" she asked gently, looking at the Hobbit.

Hedgar, who had completely forgot what he was really up too, shrugged and bit his lip. He took another draught of his ale, while thinking as hard as possible. "That reminds me..." he started, still being unsure. He slid his finger up and down the flagon, frowning. "Ah!!" he suddenly burst out. Miz Andreth looked questioningly at him, her eyes wide open. "Fippi... he's gone missing.. And, I am .. well.." he said. "I wwas looking for him," he finished.

"Missing? How?"

"Last night. Fippi confessed he was going out with some.. some.." Hedgar said trying to avoid the Innkeeper's look. "Friends from school! And I told him to come home soon, but he hasn't been home yet!"

"Friends from school? Edmund??" With this Andreth walked quickly away from the table, where Hedgar was sitting. Hedgar, who got quite confused by this, chose to follow after, bringing his pint along, though.

Thanks again!

Let me know if it needs editing, please!

Cheers,
Nova

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:54 PM January 14, 2004: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 01-12-2004, 02:35 PM   #159
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Thumbs up

Hey!

I've written my post for Rosie, where she finds out Fippi's gone missing.

Hope it's alright. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Orofaniel's post- Rosie

“Hedgar?” Rosie said as she got up from her bed. She could see that her husband had already gotten up. This was odd, she admitted to herself. She was the first one up usually, but after Hedgar’s behaviour yesterday, everything could be possible, right? She dressed quickly, and hurried over to the kitchen. She was expecting that Hedgar would sit there, whether drinking his tea, or eating his breakfast…Who know, maybe both things at the same time, but no, not this morning. Rosie glimpsed the empty table, and shrugged. What was Hedgar up to now? She thought suspiciously. Maybe he’d gone out to the mills earlier, but Rosie doubted that. She gave a short sigh and went into Fippi’s room.

To her amazement she couldn’t find Fippi either. But the thing that shook her mostly was that his bed showed no sign of someone ever sleeping in it that night. Rosie gasped. Where were they?!? Rosie straightened up; maybe Fippi was playing a silly trick on her. She smiled to herself and bowed to se under his bed. But no, there was no Fippi there either. This particularly made her a bit anxious and nervous about the whole situation. She couldn’t find her son, nor husband! Something was going on! The feeling of that something terrible had happened to them crept over her like an

She wondered if she would go out to the fields, over to the mills and se if they were there. But as she looked through the windows, she could see that there was no movement what so ever. She was becoming poor on good ideas….what could she do, but wait? But, Rosie has never really been a person who waits, she always has to act. If not, she’ll go mad.

Without really thinking, she took her coat, and went out. She closed the door as she felt the win blow in her face. “I’ll run down to the Town Hall…” She said to herself and ran. Her hobbit feet carried her as fast as they could, but after a little while she could feel that she was almost out of breath. She stopped running, and walked quickly instead. As she walked she could feel the slight of wariness taking over her. She couldn’t help thinking that something had happened to the two persons she loved the most. It was unbearable.

When she reached the Town Hall she saw Berilac. She hurried over to him, to see if he knew anything of Hadgar and Fippi.
“Hello, Berilac.” Rosie said politely as he turned is head towards her.

He didn’t even get to greet her before Rosie’s mouth was flooding words that could remind hm of sentences.

“I c-can’t…Have you…seen Hedgar? And Fippi? Couln’t…find them…this morning, I couldn’t find them.” Rosie blurred out. “Have you seen them?” She asked again, this time trying to specify what she was wondering about.

"Rosie..." He started, while he sighed. "I've ill news." he continued. Rosie looked at him with great eyes. "Ill news?" she repeated, while her eyes turned blank. What had happened to her sweet boy? And Hedgar? “Tell me!” Rosie demanded as she saw that Berilac was looking gravely at her. “Well, Fippi…your son is trapped in one of the caves with some of the other children from school.” He said and looked at her anxiously. “What?!?” Rosie exclaimed horrified over the news. “He is trapped in….a-a cave?!?” She repeated. The poor woman had difficulties to understand what had happened so Berliac had to support her, by taking her hand. “It’ll be…alright.” He said, but it didn’t seem too convincing.

“So, what do we do?!” Rosie said while tears were streaming down her face…”A-and what about....Hedgar?” She continued. She was looking even more anxious now.

"No, I haven't heard nor seen Hedgar, I'm afraid." Berilac said, looking surprised over the question that Hedgar was gone "missing" as well. "Have you checked at the...Inn?" He asked looking at her, now seeming as anxious as Rosie.

"No..." Rosie stammered. "But I have to get my boy first," She said again. She breathed heavily and tears were still popping out from her red eyes.

"Yes, of course." He said in a comforting voice. "Lets go and talk to the others....." He suggested as he led the way.

Tell me if I need to change something... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #160
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Well done Oro!

I've popped it into place.

~*~ Pio [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]