Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2004, 11:42 PM   #201
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Tara

I have a post up for Minastan speaking with Lotar - he's extending the invitation from Berilac to speak with him and the Mayor of Bree.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:07 AM   #202
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Guthwine is now secured.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:54 AM   #203
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Pio

I'll have it up today monday. I didn't check the downs sunday. Sorry about this will have it filled today as soon as i get the chance.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #204
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eruantalon's post:

Transferred from the old board.....

Cami

I sent the post to Pio. Its done and shes got it now. I'm saving it on my comp too. If you want a copy let me know so you or Pio could fix any thing that might need fixing.

I tried to do my best so there it is.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:09 PM   #205
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

ANNOUNCEMENT

Note to All Players

The move to the new board restored all your signatures to previous game posts.

Don’t bother fixing them!

Just remove signatures from the new posts you place on the game.

~*~ Pio, Shire Mod
Old 02-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #206
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Eru's post is on the game now.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:56 AM   #207
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Arestevana

I split up your last post, near the end of it, and put my post about the subduing of Rudgar in between them.

~*~ Pio
Old 02-11-2004, 12:46 PM   #208
Child of the 7th Age

Nurumaiel,

I was so glad to see that you are back and your family is feeling well again. Also that you found the new board...

Please do take over Edmund again. We are inching towards the conclusion of the game but there is definitely room for a post by Edmund.

Glance over the thread, especially the most recent pages. Kali and Edmund have become friends. The children took the bunnies to the cave to "rescue" them and were caught in a fire that was inadvertently started by the bandits. Due to the joint efforts of Men and Hobbits, all the children were rescued.

The present game differs from our original planning thread in one important respect. We had always assumed the game would end with a battle. However, something very different happened. The folk out in the woods started to look more like refugees and less like killer highwaymen. We started feeling a bit squeamish about cutting the throats of family men along with their wives and children! So instead we are trying to find a peaceful solution.

The refugees had many sick children. We brought them and their mothers into the Dragon which is now set up as a hospital.

It would be nice to "humanize" the relations between the Bree children and the sick outlaw children. Any chance that a 'terrified' Edmund and Kali could sneak into the Inn's 'hospital' and begin to meet the outlaw kids and realize they aren't so different? You are welcome to carry Kali with you.

If you or the other Bree children would like to do a post like this, please put up a save on the game thread.

Hope this helps get you started.

Cami
Old 02-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #209
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Thank you for your gracious words, Child, and for all your help! I've quickly read through the latest posts, more thoroughly concerning Edmund, his mother, and Kali, and I've put up a save.... and now I'm off to go write something to fill it!

Hopefully Andreth wouldn't mind too much if Edmund brought his squirrel along?

EDIT: Save filled! Just let me know if there are any problems.

Last edited by Nurumaiel; 02-11-2004 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:16 PM   #210
Child of the 7th Age

mailbox problem

Urgent:

Eru,

Please clean out your mailbox and don't send anything else through until I can get a note back to you.

The boxes only take 10 items total: inbox, sent and folders. I am now overflowing with pms on hold because my notes to you won't go through......

Cami
Old 02-11-2004, 11:28 PM   #211
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Soran has decided to see if he can salvage the situation with Rudgar and Guthwine. I don't care who he talks to, but he's going to try to appease the Breelanders.

If this doesn't work, I can delete the post and write one where he goes back to Lotar and tells him what happened. Whatever the boss people want.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:09 AM   #212
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Cami'

I appoligize. I can't figure out where the pms are. I've looked and everything seems empty. I feel like a dunder head becuse i can't find them. When I view the home are where all the forums are listed. It says I have 11 items in my accout. Wich I'm still trying to find!

Sorry about this its taken days and I still can't get things straight.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:19 AM   #213
Child of the 7th Age

p.m. problem

Eru,

No need to apologize. I am still learning the ropes too.

You have eleven p.m.s? That's strange because you are only supposed to have a maximum of ten. Perhaps it means you have ten in the box and another one waiting?

In any case, try doing this.

Go to the bottom of this page and click on "forum jump". Find the line that says private messages, click on that, and punch 'go'. It should take you directly to the incoming private messages. You can delete or respond from there.

Next step: On the right at the top you will see a box labelled "jump to folder". Pick the option marked "sent" and it will take you to a screen where your sent messages are. You can read, delete, etc them there.

If you had folders you should also check what is in them. I am assuming you don't since you can't get into your mailbox.

Important note for everyone:

The number of your pms is determined not just by what is in your incoming pms, but also includes the sent mail and things in folders.

It is very important to "manage" your mail so these don't fill up too quickly. When you do a pm you can unclick the last two boxes at the bottom. This will eliminate a copy being stored in the sent file or receiving a receipt (unless you need these). Of course, you can also delete things in these various boxes.

Eruantalon:

If you still can't access your mail, contact Mister Underhill who can look and see if something is wrong. You can mention that you've already spoken to me and we were unable to straighten things out.

Is anyone else having pm problems? Since pms are vital for game planning, we want to make sure that these problems get worked out.....

Cami
Old 02-14-2004, 10:53 AM   #214
Child of the 7th Age

Tinuviel,

Please check your pms and let me know.....

Cami
Old 02-15-2004, 01:54 AM   #215
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Im very sorry I havent been around!

I had problems with my password and got it changed

Please send me a PM if I need to know anything!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:35 AM   #216
Child of the 7th Age

Tara,

Glad to see you made it back! I'll get back with you by pm, hopefully by late Sunday....

Cami
Old 02-15-2004, 09:55 PM   #217
Child of the 7th Age

Tinuviel, Tara,

Please check your pms.

Cami
Old 02-17-2004, 01:04 AM   #218
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Checked

I will keep looking back at the thread and wait for Kandel's cue.

As for Lotar and Guthwines...talk.... I think it might be better that Guthwine begin it, taking into account his present location. Or would you like it if Lotar go to free Guthwine from the cellar and talk to him there?
Old 02-17-2004, 01:46 AM   #219
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please note the recent SAVE I put up for Berilac.

Quote:
Berilac consults with the Mayor and sends Soran back to Lotar, asking him to come the next day.
Tinuviel - You can leave your posts as is, and let Berilac instruct you to go back to Lotar and deliver a message.

Taralphiel - Neither Lotar or Kandel can get into Bree - the town is now completely secured. Soran will be sent back to you with a message to come down to the main gate - the West Gate, where the Mayor and Berilac will meet with him on the field outside the hedge and dike.

Once you're there you can ask for Guthwine and Rudgar to be brought out. And you can try to reason with Guthwine. The children and women will not be allowed out until the negotiations are satisfactory to the Mayor.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:55 AM   #220
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Tinuviel

Soran is now bound back to the encampment with news of the request for a meeting with Lotar tomorrow game time.

Taralphiel

When Lotar comes, it would be good if he had a list drawn up of what sort of aid the Breelanders might give him.

One of the points might be some help deciding where in this area it might be safe for the band to settle in and start to rebuild their lives with some measure of safety.

Any ideas on this?

~*~ Pio
Old 02-17-2004, 02:00 PM   #221
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Boots Fille my save

Okay, I just wanted to say that I filled my save (that I put up earlier today), regarding the situation at the Inn. Rosie and her cookies of course, and the rest of the children playing....etc.

I hope it was okay for me to use Edmund in my post. He just had to show off his squirrels. :P

Anyway, if anyone wants me to chnage something, just let me know.

Thankeio,
Oro
Old 02-17-2004, 03:05 PM   #222
Child of the 7th Age

next post

Tara:

Please check your pms and respond in the mail or on the thread. Thanks!

Cami
Old 02-17-2004, 04:22 PM   #223
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

My apologies for not doing anything with the post; every time I started to work on it, something came up... I think the computer gods hate me.

Next time, I won't post until I have a complete one.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:21 AM   #224
Child of the 7th Age

Tinuviel,

That's probably a wise decision. It's too easy to get bogged down sometime.

I've asked Tara to go ahead and do a post where Lotar and Kandel hear all the news from Soran and then they all turn around for Bree as Pio suggested, bringing along a list of requests. You're welcome to jump in with Soran's views on developments at any point.

Cami
Old 02-18-2004, 01:16 AM   #225
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have a post up

Please let me know if anything is amiss on it

I have Soran telling Lotar all that went on, but I am still unsure of how much Lotar knows about who is where. I have him finding out where Guthwine is, but only guessing at why he is there.

I also end it with Lotar asking the two to join him in thinking up what it is he wishes to talk to the Breelanders about...

On that point I do have a few small things thought up:

Lotar would request that the Breelanders suggest a place for them to go to that is large enough for them to establish themselves with houses etc. I shall look up maps, if you would like, to pinpoint a place

Leading on from that, the refugees would need basic supplies to build, and food to get them by until sucjh time as they can grow/provide their own.

Its not a lot of things, but Im still working on it

Tara
Old 02-18-2004, 01:49 PM   #226
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Tara

The post was just fine!

I’ll get a post up later today that sends the Mayor, Telien, and Berilac out to meet with Lotar – and I’m supposing Kandel will be there with him, as well as Soran. (I’ll also mention that Minastan will be there)

Bree is a fairly prosperous village. The Mayor will offer to gather together supplies and equipment needed to give the refugees a fair start in their new home.

Berilac will suggest the area to the west of Lake Neniel. The Hills of Evendim, the lake, and the fertile plains of that area should offer a good place for the refugees to rebuild. It is easily reached from Bree – the Brandywine River can be followed north to its source at the Lake. Berilac will also reveal Minastan’s identity at this point and Minastan will offer his skills as a Ranger to guide the group safely there.

Lotar can, of course, offer an alternative area he might think they should go to.

The Mayor will say it will take a week for them to gather the supplies and by that time the last of the children and their mothers will be well enough to travel. Once we have concluded the agreement, the moms and children who are well will be immediately released, along with Rudgar, to go back to the encampment with Lotar. Bree will send a wagon filled with enough food stuffs to get everyone through until the final departure.

Guthwine will need to stay at the Inn – though he may be allowed some freedom under guard to be with his son who is still in need of treatment, food, and rest.

How does this all sound?

Arestevana

I’ve left a couple of saves prior to sending Soran off to Lotar if you want to comment on what has gone on.

And of course feel free to comment on the meeting between Lotar and the Bree-land group. (Did you want to be one of the women released to go back to the encampment – I’m sure Lilac and Andreth can fix you up with a good supply of medicinal herbs to treat the folk back there.)
Old 02-18-2004, 02:41 PM   #227
Child of the 7th Age

Pio,

Being a woman of great persuasion, Andreth has Guthwine eating out of her hand -- well, almost!

In the interests of tying up a loose end (Guthwine).....could you follow up on the request in Andreth's note before or at the meeting.....?

Cami
Old 02-18-2004, 05:01 PM   #228
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Pio- Yes, I would like Kirima to go back to the encampment for a while, if that is all right. Could you put this post in one of the saves?

Arestevana's post - Kirima

Kirima turned away from Lilac to hide a yawn. They had spent most of the previous night awake with Ian, whose fever had finally broken in the black hours of the morning. Lilac was continuosly berating the younger woman for not taking a break from her work and getting a little sleep.

Kirima glanced around the Inn. Some of the children were still very sick, but almost all were smiling. They were warm and well-fed, which was helping them greatly to recover. Townsfolk had come throughout the day to talk to the refugees. The visitors had cheered up the Inn's guests considerably, and there was more laughter among the refugees than there had been in a long time.

Stifling another yawn, Kirima scanned the common room again, checking to ascertain that everyone was doing well. She smiled, seeing Gilly sitting up and chattering away happily to the boy on the pallet next to her. Sure that no one needed helping at the moment, Kirima allowed herself to reflect on the events of the past days. Soran had left in the early afternoon, after speaking for a long while with Berilac and the mayor. He was to arrange a meeting for Lotar and several persons from Bree, Kirima recalled. She was glad to know that their situation could be resolved without fighting.

We will have homes again! She thought. Homes of our own, and farms to grow food so we need not go hungry. She could see in her mind's eye the children laughing and chasing eachother through the fields. She smiled at the thought and stood to make her rounds again, changing bandages and administering herbal remedies where they were needed. Even among the most badly injured children, there were bright smiles and hopeful faces. Kirima thought again of the homes they would soon have, and smiled back.

DONE!

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-18-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:08 AM   #229
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The group from Bree is now making their way across the field to meet with Lotar:

Telien, Harald, Kirima, Guthwine, Rudgar, Berilac, and 2 guards.

Taralphiel - why don't you take it from here

Guthwine and Kirima might want to put their 2 cents worth in here . . .

and I think Chathol-linn will then write something then for the Mayor . . .

Then let Berilac discuss Lake Neniel and the hills to the west of it. And also speak with Minastan and offer his services to the group for getting them there.

Chathol-linn

Your PM's are full - can you clear them.

Thanks!

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-19-2004 at 03:15 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:49 PM   #230
Chathol-linn
Animated Skeleton

Chathol-linn has just left Hobbiton.
YOUR POST IS ON BOARD ~*~ Pio

Done, and here is my post. I don't know what happened to my save at the end of Page 7, but here goes, for your editing pleasure.

The West Gate went “SLAM” after Berilac, Telien, and Harald passed through. Or maybe it is my heart , thought the Mayor.

Guthwine and Kirima were walking ahead of the three Breelanders. They carried rolled maps, for showing the relocations and new settlements. Harald hoped that the maps gave the two outlaws some sense of connection to stability, home, hope. Because, if something went wrong, those two would die first, quickly followed by the Breelanders.

None of the five carried a visible weapon although each wore a bootknife of diverse make and kind. Harald wore his red scarf at his neck and carried a white cloth on a pole. They all held their heads high. The autumn sun of morning burnished their tangled hair and made each of them gleam for a moment like heroes.

“If anything happens to my son, Mayor, my spirit will poison this town for a thousand years,” said Guthwine over his shoulder.

“If my Mum were still alive she would tell you to harness that anger and use it to plow fields, sow crops, raise barns and bairns,” said Harald. “And say nothing of my Mum if you wish to …”

But Kirima interrupted, “The town folk have helped our own, and we have not harmed the Breelanders, so perhaps we have reached more trust by now.”

Berilac said, “Certainly we have reached the meeting place, for there are the Out- ah, there are the others now.”

Three figures walked forward from the belt of trees and came toward them over the field.

Harald said, “I see one man confident, one despairing, and one both down and hopeful. Who are they?”

“Lotar, Soran,” growled Guthwine.

“Kandel,” said Kirima, smiling.

A glitter of light flashed in their faces. It was the archers of Bree on the dyke, raising bows in one hand and arrows in the other. From the belt of trees, the Breelanders could see spearheads – a second forest of them - shaken by unseen outlaw hands.

Harald and Lotar approached, and they met in the center of the field.

“Hail,” said Harald. “I am Harald the Mayor of Bree. Here are Telien of the Guard and Berilac the Ranger. Here also are Guthwine and Kimira, whom you know. We meet this hour under the flag of truce, to parley if you will, of peace. What do you say, Outlanders?”

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-19-2004 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:21 AM   #231
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Tara, Arestevana, Cami

The meeting is now taking place, the ball is in the northmen's court . . . carry on!

~*~ Pio
Old 02-20-2004, 04:56 PM   #232
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

A number of Gamers have had problems with their PM’s filling up. Here is the reason:

For everyone’s information about PM’s

The new PM system has 3 folders in it:
  • Inbox
  • Save A Copy (Sent Messages are saved in this folder)
  • Request Read Receipt (Tracks Your Messages and Replies)

You are only allowed a total of 10 messages in the 3 folders. (Not 10 in each folder, but 10 PM’s for all 3 folders)

So, you can have ‘0’ messages showing in your Inbox, but have ‘5’ in your Sent Messages and ‘5’ in your Tracked Messages.

One of the big problems with PM’s filling up is that when you send a PM or reply to one, you need to look at those little OPTIONS below the box where you are writing the message.

You need to uncheck the last 2 OPTIONS – unless you absolutely want to use them. If you don’t uncheck them, then when you press SEND, a copy of the PM will be put in the SENT folder and another will be put in the TRACK MESSAGE folder. That’s how the PM total adds up, even though you think you are only dealing with one message.

It’s like rabbits – they multiply like crazy!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:05 PM   #233
Child of the 7th Age

The rabbits in the Inn must be responsible for this multiplication problem.....

I will try to post tomorrow on Breelanders as Guthwine....

Cami
Old 02-20-2004, 10:23 PM   #234
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Post is up. I did not know how far you wished to have me go, so please PM me if you would like it to go further, or change it
Old 02-20-2004, 11:01 PM   #235
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Tara

Go ahead and tell the Bree group what you have in mind. Then let them conference a little and then make their offer to you.

Sound ok?

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-20-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:53 PM   #236
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I would like to bring this game to an end by the end of this week. It's end-date is long past, and I think with just a few more posts we can wrap it up.

Tara

I left a SAVE for Lotar to present his list of needs.

Berilac and the Mayor have made their own offer and now await reply.

Cami

If you could post for Guthwine and carry us through to the acceptance of the Breelander's offer. If you wish, then go ahead and say that the Mayor gave a signal to Telien, and all the well moms and children are brought out in a wagon to go back to the encampment.

The refugees can then come tomorrow (Game time), and the Breelanders can see them off with their supplies.

Does this sound alright to everyone?

~*~ Pio
Old 02-23-2004, 12:45 AM   #237
Child of the 7th Age

Pio,

My post is up. The 'outlaws' have accepted the terms, and the guests from the Inn are being sent back to their families. If there's anything that doesn't fit in with the earlier posts, let me know and I'll edit. (I was half asleep when I did this post!)

Eruantalon, Tara, Tinuviel, Arestenvana,

In the interests of brevity and speed, I have attempted to speak for the whole gang. If you see any problems with what I've put down, let me know and I will try and edit. Hopefully, this is all what we're thinking.

Tara

Can you briefly fill in the missing save with our requests?

Shall we shift the action forward to the morning of departure? I have added a save with this in mind ....

It would be nice to have a final post with Breelanders coming out with the goods they are offering and saying their goodbyes to the refugees. Also, posts on the part of the outlaws: their reflections as they prepare to leave for the new settlement.

Could we get all our goodbye posts done and/or filled in by Thursday evening?

Then, by Friday afternoon, Berilac could describe the group as it sets out on the road, and Andreth and the others watching the actual departure. (And anyone else who wants to put up a similar post....)

The game would then be ready to shut down by Friday evening....

How does that sound?

Cami
Old 02-24-2004, 01:30 AM   #238
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have a post up

I mentioned that Soran and Kirima were with Lotar and Kandel. I though I would ask if either of you would like to post talking to one or the other before I put anything up

Old 02-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #239
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I was wondering if we really need to do this:

Quote:
Then, by Friday afternoon, Berilac could describe the group as it sets out on the road, and Andreth and the others watching the actual departure. (And anyone else who wants to put up a similar post....)
I like the way Taralphiel's last post ends:

Quote:
'The task ahead of us will not be easy, but it will be a world less difficult than the life we were living. Im sure we will be fine' said Lotar...
Breeland's 'problem' with the bandits is resolved in the last few posts we've just done. And Tara's post leaves the game on a nice note of hope, leaving the reader to fill in the journey and what might happened to the refugees.

What do others think?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:49 PM   #240
Child of the 7th Age

Tara's post

Pio,

I do agree that Tara's post makes an excellent final post for the game. It seems to sum up everything we need to say.

Here is my suggestion.... I've received notes back from several posters who want to do a "goodbye" post. Let's scoot Tara's post forward and insert about four saves before it.

Then folk can do posts on the discussion thread and we can put them up. (If we need more than four spots, we can double, or, if less, delete what isn't used.) I've told everyone that their posts need to be on the thread by Thursday evening. Then Thursday night, either you or I could insert the final posts and lock the thread, and ship it off to Elvenhome!

If no one voices any objections to this, I will go ahead and insert the save spaces late tonight, and shift Tara's post forward.
Then everyone who wants to post can do so on the discussion thread....

Cami