Wight

DayVampyre has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Yay! I'm glad I wasn't too late!

[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: DayVampyre ]
Old 03-20-2003, 03:15 PM   #42
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OOOh new people. I'm very excited now. Resurect us please moderators. We want to start discussing!! Please!
Old 03-22-2003, 07:35 AM   #43
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Discussion of the Shadows of Umbra sequal may start now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. You said you recieved two PMs Brinniel, who was the other?

18 years after the the end of the Shadows of Umbra would be the best time for me (or later, but not really earlier), feel free to disagree anyone!
Old 03-22-2003, 04:52 PM   #44
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
You said you recieved two PMs Brinniel, who was the other?
The other was Aman, who is away in Ireland right now. I haven't gotten reponses from Helka or Vanima, but also haven't seen either of them on the BD lately. Perhaps they are on vacation too.

But now that we will begin our discussion, I will post my story idea, as it is only halfway thought out, and I could use some suggestions.

It begins here:

20 years after the Shadows of Umbra, a dying elf stumbles into a small town just east of the Misty Mountains. Someone tends to him (perhaps Tallin accompanied by Hwesta), and it is learned that he is the only survivor of 16 elves who left on an expedition to the Misty Mountains 50 years ago. The purpose of the expedition was to find and retrieve an important object that was believed to be lost in the mountains hundreds of year ago before evil finds it and learns to wield it. Unfortunately, the expedition ran into many troubles in the Misty Mountains, and after being attacked by goblins, trolls, and wargs, only this one elf has made it out alive.
Unfortunately, the elf dies of his wounds the next day. In his dying words, he requests that a new expedition is made, as this missing object is still lost and is too important to be neglected.
After much debating, it is agreed that this second expedition will be made, this time with a smaller group of expeditionaries. This group will face the same troubles as the first group and perhaps even enter the mines of Moria.

That is my idea for a storyline. It is not very organized, as it was just a random brainstorm of mine. I have not even figured out what exactly the object should be yet (something like a stone, staff, etc.), but I'm hoping that someone will come up with a suggestion.

I also think that this RPG should be kept open for 2-3 more people, though that is not for me to decide.

I hope to hear responses from you soon, dragon, and hopefully from Helka, Vanima, and Aman, too.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:02 PM   #45
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oooh, I like it!
Old 03-23-2003, 04:51 PM   #46
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
I have not even figured out what exactly the object should be yet (something like a stone, staff, etc.)
You've got me think that we'll be running throught the mountains looking for a pebble now. I like the idea of looking for a staff though. I'll come up with something tomorrow, I'm quite idealess at the moment.
Old 03-23-2003, 05:17 PM   #47
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I like the idea! Sorry, I was in Florida, but I don't have school this week, so I'll be here to help brainstorm and get our idea off the ground!

I was thinking: maybe the item should be some precious item made by the Dwarves around the time the Nauglamír was forged that was lost or something...would that work?

Oh: I was thinking: if someone wants to pick up a completely different idea: has anyone ever done a "Fall of Gondolin" RPG? It would be interesting. Someone could be Tuor and maybe Idril...it could work out really well. If someone wants to pick up the idea: go ahead. I was just casting it into the Void for any takers!
Old 03-23-2003, 06:55 PM   #48
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

No dice, Vanima. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Run with the idea yourself. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Bethberry
Old 03-24-2003, 10:50 AM   #49
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

I re-sent the proposal on Thursday; still no word.

Have we been forgotten?
Old 03-24-2003, 03:50 PM   #50
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I sure hope not. I'm currently help planning 3 RPGs and participating in zero. I'm kind of missing the actual writing part. I do hope we can get started soon.

BTW, what is the title, Ith?

Quote:
maybe the item should be some precious item made by the Dwarves
That could work, but the item also has to be something of importance to the elves, too.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:54 PM   #51
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Well, the Nauglamir was made out of Elvish gold, so...they'd be very interested.

Bethberry: we've been over this, Your High Moderator-ness! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 02:45 PM   #52
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Well, it looks to me like the discussion is not going up for our RPG. Does anyone know what to do? It's now nearly April. I doubt that sending the proposal in again would do anything. I'm open to any suggestions.

Bethberry, o moderator thee, do you know how come the reviewers might not have received our proposal; or if they did, why haven't they contacted us?
Old 03-27-2003, 06:01 PM   #53
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

I'll check on it later tonight, Ithaeliel, and get back to you via PM if not here. Sorry for the delay.

Bethberry
Old 03-27-2003, 06:15 PM   #54
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Thank you so much! I think we're all ready to begin the discussion!

Ith
Old 03-27-2003, 06:36 PM   #55
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, yes I am. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 08:46 AM   #56
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Okay, Susan told me last night in chat your proposal had been approved. The threads have been posted this morning.

I have closed the game thread until you guys have selected all the other gamers you want. PM me when you want the game thread opened.

Have fun!

Bethberry
Old 03-28-2003, 01:27 PM   #57
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Here's another idea out into the wind if anyone wants to pick it up:

Has anyone ever done an RPG from the "baddies" point of view? Like one entirely done by spies of, say, Sauron in the Third Age? Like maybe a tale of an Orc company, or maybe a tribe of men that are loyal to Sauron? Just another idea if you guys want it.

And, the sequel is going up? Yay! Count me in, people!
Old 03-30-2003, 11:59 AM   #58
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

I havent checked this thread for a while actually, Im sorry! I am of course still interested in the sequel- what will be the title, have we got one? Helka hasnt been on for a while, and he only seems to go on sporadically and rather shortly. Im guessing we will be playing the Shadows characters; Tallin will tend to the traveller, along with Hwesta, and when they hear of this will be interested, maybe for some reason to do with the object (I dont know why exactly, but it really would have to be something of personal intersted to them as well, or maybe their better nature is just appealed to- we'll work on that with Raye! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) Being as Tallin became so much closer to Raye near the end of the Shadows, she'll pay a little visit to her old friend, wherever she is, in Mirkwood or Lorien, depending on how things are going with Dimithil (ie. Whether Helka is playing!). After much persuading, Raye agrees to go with Tallin and Hwesta. And....damn, I cant think how to get Arrelle into this. Maybe she lives in the city that Tallin and Hwesta had been residing in and she hears of this traveller and the healer, and, with her curiosity roused, she comes to see the healer, then finds it is Tallin. How does that sound?

The object would have to be something to get one of them at least interested- maybe something to do with the wolves for Tallin, or something from Rayes dark past for Raye, or have something to do with Berethion and/or his travels for, well, for all three of them?!

EDIT:
Quote:
Has anyone ever done an RPG from the "baddies" point of view
See the Ride to The Dark Side; done half from a band of baddies point of view. By the way Bethberry, is that going into the Elvenhome?

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 03-30-2003, 12:55 PM   #59
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I'm not having Arrelle, she'd been so dead set on not adventuring any more I think it would be out of character for her to suddenly up and go. I had planned for her son to go out and follow in his mothers footsteps and get sidetracked by the news of the traveller. Or something along those lines.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:51 PM   #60
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I'm in a bit of a conflict with myself. I'm debating on the issue on whether to call my character Raye or Corrowyn. I was intending to call her Corrowyn in the sequel, but still use her outside name as Raye (since most people know her by that name anyways), but would that be too confusing? Perhaps I should do the same thing as I did in SoU; use her name Raye, but have those who are closest to her call her by her true name. I don't know....which way would be the least confusing for you guys?

This is how I wanted Raye/Corrowyn (heck, I'll just call her Raye for now) to start in the RPG:
Raye and Dimithil sit in a tavern in the small town. Dimithil tells Raye the rumors that a wounded elf has come from the mountains. Raye, who has been sensing danger, is curious about this elf, but does not intend to visit him; not until morning, at least. But then wargs attack the town at night...

That is just a thought, though I'd really like Raye to start off in a tavern, as it seems like a natural place for her to be.

I'm beginning to feel a bit frustrated that Helka has not responded to my PMs nor has shown any sign of coming to this thread. Where is he; I saw him post in another RPG, but that's about it. Even if Helka decides not to participate in the sequel, I still need Dimithil, for it is he who know Raye best (they've been traveling together for 18 years, after all). So, if Helka does not take part in this RPG, perhaps we could have someone else play Dimithil?

BTW, are we keeping this RPG open? I still think we need 2-4 more characters.

EDIT: Woohoo! 900 posts!

Last edited by Brinniel; 04-15-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:12 PM   #61
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Dragoneyes, the son thing sounds good, yeah.
Hmmm, I dont think we should actually have Dimithil in this if Helka isnt in it. I dont want to carry a character really. I mean, if anyone feels strongly about it, then sure, we can have him, but you know...

Brin, whats the next part of that? Wargs attack the town, and then what? And where are they?
Old 03-30-2003, 02:32 PM   #62
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
I dont want to carry a character really.
We wouldn't have to. If Helka decides not to be part of the RPG and we decide to still use Dimithil, we can have someone else play him. When the discussion thread opens, we could say that we need 2-4 characters, plus someone to play Dimithil. Requirements to play Dimithil: they must have read the Shadows of Umbra. But of course, we wouldn't have to worry about that if Helka shows up.

Quote:
Brin, whats the next part of that? Wargs attack the town, and then what? And where are they?
Well, I think the town should be located just east to the Misty Mountains. After the warg attack, everything is a mess. The next morning, the elf dies, but not before telling Tallin and Hwesta everything that has happened to him. They meet up with Dimithil and Raye and discuss a new expedition. From here, I don't know whether the second expedition should be announced publicly, or if the four invite others to join privately and they leave for the Misty Mountains in secret.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:38 PM   #63
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Would they be in the same town as Tallin and Hwesta? Or would they somehow meet up otherwise? Bear in mind we have quite speedy messengers at our service, who can communicate with both Raye and Tallin...Jet and Dia. Oh, unless their mind speech can carry that far....oh, no, Raye cant talk through her mind. Ah well, we still have Jet and Dia- they could travel from Tallin to Raye with a message.

Thinking aloud, sorry.

Quote:
Requirements to play Dimithil: they must have read the Shadows of Umbra
Well, they would need to read the last few pages at least. Asking them to read the entire RP would be a little demanding, and time consuming- it would slow things down. Say the last 2 pages, or page and a half.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #64
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
Asking them to read the entire RP would be a little demanding
Well, not if they're interested. I believe there are some people who read The Blue Mountains RPG before joining The Threat of the Trees. Also, if newcomers for the SoU sequel might understand the relationships of our characters if they read the SoU. But still, you're right. Reading the entire RPG shouldn't be required, though it is recommended.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:51 PM   #65
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Fair enough, recommended but not demanded.

BTW, congratulations on your 900 posts!

What do you think of using the wolves as messengers to get the group together? I dunno, maybe Arrelles son could be...*found* by one of them on the way... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Ideas for a title?
Old 03-30-2003, 02:53 PM   #66
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I was just thinking about a name for the son when I thought it would be quite interesting to name him after someone, perhaps even Berethion. Any views?
Old 03-30-2003, 02:56 PM   #67
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hmmm...Arrelle wasnt that close to Berethion though, was she?
Old 03-30-2003, 03:07 PM   #68
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
BTW, congratulations on your 900 posts!
Thank you! Oooh, I'm getting close to 1000.

Quote:
Ideas for a title?
I think we need to figure out what our precious item we're searching for is first. Because we'll probably include the name of that in our title.

Quote:
I thought it would be quite interesting to name him after someone, perhaps even Berethion
I don't know. Using the name Berethion might be too confusing.

Last edited by Brinniel; 04-15-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:12 PM   #69
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Arrelle wasnt that close to Berethion though, was she?
She wasn't all that close to anyone. Maybe I should just name him after the horse. Or not.
Quote:
Using the name Berethion might be too confusing.
Never mind then, it was just an idea.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:14 PM   #70
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hmmm, but naming him Berethion...well, it wouldnt half be funny to see Raye and Tallins faces when he told them his name was that of their beloved! Oh, that would just be class... This is growing on me. I mean, if Dia/Jet got a little peckish on their journey (ok, theyd have to be a little more than peckish), he/she would grab a tasty little snack in the form of human boy (yeah thats right, Arrelles son), he would not be marvelously happy about this (to say the least), would resist, it would come out his name was Berethion and kablam! The wolf would take this as a sort of omen and drag the boy to see Tallin.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #71
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

You see? It might not be such a bad idea after all. It would be fun to see their faces and what was going through their heads. It wouldn't be too far-fetched for Arrelle to name him that, Berethion was the only male who died on their little escapade.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:34 PM   #72
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
it wouldnt half be funny to see Raye and Tallins faces when he told them his name was that of their beloved!
If Raye discovered another Berethion, she'd probably accuse him of stealing the other Berethion's name and identity and swear to hate him for eternity. Raye may no longer be a murderess, but she still has a fiery tongue and a bad reputation.

Last edited by Brinniel; 04-15-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:40 PM   #73
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

That would make for an interesting RPG though wouldn't it? Having one character hate another for no real reason.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:15 PM   #74
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Wait, when we refer back to the old Berethion, how will we know which one we're talking about? You're going to confuse poor Raye, you are. She won't like that. Perhaps we could call Berethion, Bereth?

Last edited by Brinniel; 04-15-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:00 PM   #75
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I was just about to suggest that myself Brinniel. Bereth will do I think, it's better than Berry, which was all that my brain kept thinking of, at any rate.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:20 PM   #76
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

I leave for twenty-four hours...yeesh.

And I was part of "Ride to the Dark Side", actually...I was Izrenna.

And, disregarding Raye and Tallin, we could have an interesting reaction from Hwestlaeriel. He was, after all, her brother. While the others would be astonished, she would probably have mixed feelings, both proud of her brother and as despressed as one can get.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:28 PM   #77
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Yes, having Arrelle's son be named Berethion would cause plenty of controversy.....I like it!

Aside from Helka's abscence, I think we may be able to send in a proposal fairly soon. But we are still missing the most important thing. What is the object going to be? I heard some ideas before; let's here some more.

Last edited by Brinniel; 04-15-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:50 PM   #78
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

You are right, Aman that Ride to the Dark Side should be going to Elvenhome.

I am dissatisfied with the pacing of my last post and want to edit it, but haven't had time. Once I make that revision, I will move it.

Meanwhile, if anyone else wants to do an edit to his or her post/s, let me know and I will open the game for you, temporarily.

Bethberry
Old 03-30-2003, 10:46 PM   #79
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

The Blue Mountains needs to go to Elvenhome too. I surprised to see that the RPG is still open. Just thought I'd mention it.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:38 AM   #80
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Thanks for the offer Beth, but its fine. Im happy with my posts.

Sorry Hwesta! My mistake! I didnt really concentrate as much on the elven, goodies side. Man, I have been apologising way too much recently...

Quote:
That would make for an interesting RPG though wouldn't it? Having one character hate another for no real reason.
Well, it certainly happened enough in Shadows! This idea really is growing on me- Having Berethion would be good, and would probably throw the three elves majorly! Heehee, Berry...

What ideas do people have for an object?