Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2003, 08:15 AM   #1
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye The Threat of the Trees: Discussion Thread

Ithaeliel, Mattius, Brinniel and Auriel invite you to play their game, The Threat of the Trees.

Title: The Threat of the Trees

Basic Storyline: Isengard was taken back and reinhabited by Gondor after the War of the Ring, and has since begun to heal the wounds inflicted upon it by Saruman. Those who live there do not trouble the lands surrounding Isengard; rather they have attempted to make them better as much as they can. The inhabitants of Isengard and Orthanc dwell in peace, never giving anyone or anything reason to harm them, but of late they have suffered ill occurences.

In nearby Fangorn Forest, the treeherders known as the Ents have retreated deep into the heart of the wood and to the north, and there are few of them in number still, and yet fewer who are aware of their surroundings. The huorns in the outer regions of the forest have been left to move rampant, to take their paths as they will; and for whatever reason they have become hostile, even vicious. Lately they have travelled quite close to Isengard. Strangely, at around the same time, small human children and infants have disappeared, while strong, grown men vanish strangely, only to be found a few days later-- dead and mangled, as though crushed by strong hands other than those of a man. The people of Isengard are sure the huorns are responsible for these acts.

Quite recently, the High King of Gondor has heard of these terrible happenings, and he has come to stay at Isengard, greatly upset and worried for his people. He is faced with a problem: the Ents are out of the reach of any one man, unaware of the danger that Isengard's people face, and he does not want to annihilate the huorns, who were once only the fear of orcs. The king has sent messengers out in all directions, to seek out and return with anyone who has the courage to find the source of the huorns' sudden change in demeanor.

The purpose of the story is to .... Find the reason for the huorns' hostility, find the Ents, eliminate the problem to protect the inhabitants of Isengard.

This means we will know the story is over when .... The huorns return to normal and/or the Ents are able to manage them.

Starting Location: We will come from our various locations and meet up at Orthanc.

Likely destination: Fangorn Forest

Timeframes :

i) This game takes place in the Fourth Age at around year 1048.

ii) The story itself or plot covers three to four months.

iii) This game requires a time commitment of four months from me, the game owner and from the major players.

Characters :

Main character types are ....Men of Gondor/Isengard (both under the same king), dwarves, elves of Mirkwood and Ithilien, and any other of the free peoples common to Middle-earth at this time.

Secondary character types likely are .... Ents, huorns if you fancy a challenge.

Character types which would not belong .... There cannot be many elves from Lorien or Rivendell; there are few in Middle-earth by now from both those places. Also, hobbits- unless your character was wandering outside the Shire when he or she was caught by a messenger. Men are not allowed in the Shire at this point.

I (Ithaeliel) will be playing one character; a ranger elf who I played also in The Blue Mountains RPG.

Name: Endereth Naurelyr
Race: Noldorin Elf
Appearance: Icy blue eyes, fair of face, long straight black hair, wears heavy dark blue cape and hood and mithril mail under it.
History: She was born and raised in Lothlorien, but at a young age went a-shouldering with a small group of rangers to the western parts of Middle-earth (Shire, Lake Nenuial, Blue Mountains, etc.). After her fellows were slain while she was out on errand, she wandered alone, grieving for them. Endereth met her companions Mattius, Calentoliel, Rothalle, Radagast the Brown, and Faye Took in the forest below the Ered Luin not long after her companions were killed. While with them she discovered a gift of great magic (see below), and after they went their separate ways she returned to Lorien for a short while, then wandered alone to places she had not been before, in the south of Middle-earth.
Personality: Quiet and placid, yet independent. She is also a sad soul, and seems to carry a terrible burden. She does not believe she will be able to go to Valinor because of her abandoning Lorien.
Weapons/gear/abilities: She carries a long, deadly mithril-edged sword forged after her old one was shattered, some waybread, rope, and some medicines for minor injuries. She has extensive mental prowess; her greatest ability is to be able to see and speak to the dead in the Halls of Mandos, and when in need to speak to Mandos himself. She can cross the line between dead and living if her power is great enough.

The first post for the game: (Combination of Mattius and Ithaeliel's):

Mattius laid down into the golden foliage with a sigh of delight. The fall and autumn leaves crackled under his weight as the elf put his hands behind his head. The little river sang close by and birds harmonised beside it. Opening his eyes he looked up at the streams of brilliant sunlight breaking through the naked treetops. He still liked the Golden Wood; even a thousand years after Galadriel had left, Lorien still had something magical and elvish about it.

He sat up and looked for Radagast, the wizard was a few feet away, kneeling down and filling up a flask from the small stream. The birds were dancing about him as he chatted back to them cheerfully. With a straining groan he pushed himself to his feet and the birds flew skywards. Mattius jumped to his feet but spun around when he heard horses hooves on the ground. Indeed there was a tall man dressed in the garb of Gondor riding a tall brown horse.

"Greetings!" Radagast said as the rider slowed his stallion and jumped down.

"Good afternoon to the pair of you," he replied, "I am Arthos, Messenger of Gondor." The man removed his helm to reveal his shoulder length black hair and shook hands with the elf and Radagast. "I travel to the Northern Kingdoms of the Dale and The Lonely Mountain but came to these woods to search for a river or stream where I may refill my water supplies."

"Then you have struck luck good sir," said Mattius leading him to the stream and helping him fill his flasks. "May I ask why you are heading so far north of Gondor, for it is a long ride?"

"Indeed you may and indeed it is," Arthos said standing up to face the two travellers. "The King is in search of a hero, there has been problems in Fangorn." At this Radagast's mind sparked.

"Fangorn?" He asked in a calm voice.

"Yes I'm afraid so, people have been going in and are not being seen again. That wasn't so bad, people just tended to avoid it but just recently...." Arthos' voice trailed off.

"Yes?" Radagast said almost screaming.

"Well, bodies began to be found, ripped to shreds and now there are rumours of children being stolen from their beds during the dead of night. Things are looking really bad." For just a second Mattius caught the look in Radagast's eyes. Pure fear. "But I must be on my way, thank you for your help gentlemen." With that he put his helm back on, mounted his horse and rode north.

"What is wrong, Radagast?" asked Mattius.

The wizard looked up at the elf. "We need to go to Isengard immediately." Mattius nodded as Radagast began to walk south in deep thought. He would give Radagast time to speak his worries, one thousand years of being with him had let him know when to leave him be.

It was dusk in Lorien.

The ever-darkening clouds loomed overhead, their grey mass turned different shades of pink in the wake of the sun. Far beyond, to the east, a vast canvas of sky gave off flaming auras of all the colors of a rainbow. Amid the painted wisps of cloud and air was an orb of dark gold, ever sinking further toward the deeps of the world.

It was on such an evening that Endereth walked through the woods of Lothlorien again, after many, many years. Only shortly after her escapades in the Blue Mountains had she even set foot in the land she had once called home. But long since then she was a ranger. She had no home.
In her travels she had descried many processions of her people on their way to Valinor. Her heart broke again and again each time she saw them, for she knew they would never have her among them. She was a lone wayfarer, never to find a home with the elves again. She had forsaken them for her own desires long ago.

Now, as Endereth walked through the Golden Wood, once great and lit with the magic of the Lady of Light, she was taken aback at the magnitude of its fading. No sunlight shone now through the trees, and the golden leaves of winter were not nearly so wondrous as they once had been. Still they fell in numbers at her feet as she wrapped her dark cloak tighter still about her chilled body. The whole wood seemed to shrink before Ender's feet as her clear, icy eyes beheld a land shrouded in dusky silver.

Ahead of her there was an opening in the trees, leading to the shining waters of the river Nimrodel. Beside it, a tall bey mare was leashed to a tree. She neighed and lifted her head slightly as Endereth approached. The ranger gave a wry smile and stroked the mare's neck. "Yes, I remember it too, Caeren. It used to be glorious, but no longer. Now, let us move on."

The elven ranger mounted her steed hastily and they made east, following Nimrodel upstream, as the last sliver of sun sank behind the hills. Its light still gave a golden hue to Ender's face as she left Lorien; for the last time, she thought. Her back turned to the forest, she was surprised to hear three voices speaking with serious tones. Sliding off of Caeren's back, Endereth ran to the source of the voices, though their persuns were hidden from view. As soon as she believed she was close enough, Ender gave a startled cry to see a messenger of the King of Gondor ride away quickly. Just a few feet away she heard the two remaining voices speak.

"What is wrong, Radagast?"

Ender stifled a gasp. Radagast? Was Radagast the Brown, wizard and bird-lover, truly here in Lorien?

"We need to go to Isengard immediately." It was the voice of Radagast. Endereth would know the commanding tone anywhere. And it must have been Mattius with him!

As Radagast appeared and began to walk southward, Endereth walked out from behind a tree, breathless, unsure of what to say. A strong-looking, fair-haired elf looked up as she appeared, looked down again, and did a double-take. "Endereth!" he shouted.

Radagast whipped around at Mattius' cry, his eyes growing wide, and he smiled in spite of himself. "Why, if it isn't the ranger Endereth! Mae govannem, my dear."

"Mae govannem, my old companions," Endereth replied, still reeling from the shock of seeing the two there of all places. "May I ask you both... what has just occured that requires a venture to Isengard?"

Other information of special interest that you would like to include: This is, in case you haven't already found out, a sequel to the RPG The Blue Mountains

Proposer/Owner (Please use your Barrow Downs ID): Ithaeliel, Mattius, Brinniel and Auriel (proposal sent in by Ithaeliel)

Thank you!

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 03-28-2003, 01:14 PM   #2
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Thanks to Ithaeliel for acceptance into the game, and pleased to be here...

Character bio:

LinGalad: song-tree (frequently also interpreted as song-light.) A comparatively young, common, Silvan Mirkwood elf on travel for the first time.

Looks: dressed in greens and browns of fair quality (not superb), blond and grey-eyed, and of reasonable (but not stunning) elvish looks. Average parents, average upbringing. (Reminds one more of the common Mirkwood elves in The Hobbit, than of Legolas.)

Craftsmanship: by trade LinGalad is a ropemaker and a rope-ladder maker, apprenticed to a master Rope-maker. LinGalad is quite good at ladder-knots and competent at rope-weaving-- if somebody supplies him the hithlain. He is, however, not skilled at harvesting hithlain himself, and cannot tell good hithlain from bad til he starts to weave the rope.

Main artistic skill: Singing. He's an above-average singer, under the tutelage of an older Mirkwood Songmaster. Most people find his singing quite enjoyable. His peculiar talent is that the trees in Mirkwood also have been known to enjoy his singing. About ninety-percent of the time, when he sings around the trees in Mirkwood/Greenwood, it's something they (the trees) like. Being young and inexperienced, occasionally he's been known to accidentally offend them, but he still can't figure out why or how.

Swordsmanship and knife-wielding: fair-to-middling and improving with practice.

Bow skills: Somewhat erratic. He never practiced at home. Good when he's lucky, which is often enough; but bad if he gets up on the wrong side of the flet.

Fears: the unknown. LinGalad doesn't know what he can and cannot handle. This adventuring business turns out to be more complicated than ropemaking and singing. However, he's not going home in disgrace and is determined to stick it out.

General description: he is normally eager to please; easy-going, and wants to be liked; doesn't entirely trust himself, and can hesitate under pressure. He is occasionally prone to pensive solitary brooding (hence his nickname, Linnornë: song-solitary tree) but he is easily brought out of it by cheerful company.

Why he comes to Isengard: When Mirkwood hears about the Huorn problem, the Mirkwood Songmaster considers LinGalad's tree-serenading skills, and convinces the Master Rope-Maker that it would be a good idea to send him, hoping to develop his potential (under pressure). LinGalad, being young and eager to please, swallows his uneasiness, musters up some courage, collects his (slightly dusty) weapons and obediently heads off to Isengard, having no clue what he will find.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #3
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello! I've been waiting for the sequel to the Blue Mountains, and I'm glad that the discussion thread is already up! If it's alright, I'd like to 'audition' for this game, so here's my character!

Name: Ajada
Race: Human (Female)

Physical Appearance: Ajada’s hazy blue-grey eyes shine mischievously above freckles that dot the girl’s cheeks, thanks to the summer sun. Her dark brown curly hair is unruly and sometimes frizzy, and is always pulled back and tied at the nape of her neck. Ajada hates being short, for it always limits her visibility over large crowds.

History: Ajada grew up in Minas Tirith, the daughter of a writer and a counselor to the king. Her father, the counselor, died soon after Ajada's birth, of some sickness that Ajada was never told about. Ajada's mother schooled her during her youth, and Ajada became quite the little writer, just like her mother. Her mother died when Ajada was fourteen, and Ajada and her older brother had to find a way to support themselves. Ajada became an apprentice to a record-keeper of Gondor, and continued her writing and work as she lived with the man and his family in their shop.

Personality: Ajada has little tolerance for people who keep their heads in the clouds, or who are blatantly uneducated. Ajada would like to call herself witty and clever, and as an actress would she tries her hardest to play the part perfectly. She often lectures others for what she’d deem as being ‘fluffy’, ‘unrealistic’, and ‘overly ambitious’. Ajada usually has a totally down-to-earth view of her surroundings and the world.

Ajada hardly believes in the classical fairytale or make believe, but loves to do an authors work in narrating her own daily life. Treating everything like a news report, Ajada has a good memory for details and events. Ajada’s opinion of almost everything is incredibly overstated and exaggerated, and it typically isn’t safe to take her word for things while she’s on the job. Ajada is really paranoid when she talks to people about a story she’s “cooking up”, and she tends to think that because she’s reporting something, everyone is out to get her. "Or so my sources say!" is a common phrase with Ajada, for she is deathly afraid of someone overhearing and quoting her to use everything against her. One might say Ajada works too hard, and that creeping down hallways on tiptoe or somersaulting across open doorways is too eccentric for her, but Ajada takes her job very seriously.

Mysteries and tragedies are Ajada’s specialty. She often hangs around the guards, dropping subtle hints about a possible thievery, or perhaps a conspiracy or plot to assassinate the king (or anything else her imagination can think of). Ajada, like any daughter of a well-known writer, knows several different languages and has a good mind for politics. Ajada has the bad habit of cursing in three different languages if she runs out of ink or gets into trouble with the guards. Ajada can be quite nosy, and overly suspicious of anything and everything. Ajada will jumps to conclusions more than she should, and enjoys a good suspect chase.

Weapons: Seeing Ajada with her ink, pen, and paper scares almost anybody away as if it were a great sword or bow. Ajada doesn’t know anything about weapons, as she never really needed to.

Reason for Going to Isengard: Her master, the record-keeper, felt the need to send one of his apprentices on the adventure to document the happenings. As Ajada's father was close to the King (Or the King's father, depending on how the game owners want to depict the man!), the King allowed her to go along and help all she could.

There! If anything else is needed, like a first post or something, just let me know! I'm glad you all got the discussion thread up (finally [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])!

Aylwen

[ June 24, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 03-29-2003, 12:05 AM   #4
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Hello all! I'm so glad we finally got the discussion up... I'm really anxious and excited to start! Thank you to the reviewers and the moderators.

Mark12_30: Great character! LinGalad is very realistic.

Aylwen: Scribing once again, dear Jemel? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Great profile; you're accepted. You might need a weapon once we get to Fangorn, though.

Great to have you both! Looking forward to more!

Sincerely,
Ithaeliel
Old 03-29-2003, 01:39 AM   #5
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I'm very happy to see that the discussion thread is finally up. It's exciting to see these new characters and I can't wait to get started.

Alright, here is my updated profile on Calentoliel:

Name: Calentoliel
Race: Elven
Family: It is believed that Calentoliel may be a distant descendent of Luthien (though how she is related is unknown).
Weapons: An old broadsword that appears to be quite ordinary and two daggers she conceals in her boots.
Talents: Calentoliel has the gift of song. By singing, she has the ability to bring harm to those who attack her, heal open wounds, and create illusions. Unfortunately, this comes at a price. Each time Calentoliel uses her magic, she loses a bit of her strength. Lately, she has been working on to improve her stamina and now is less affected by the results of the use of her magic. Still, she will only sing when she needs to.
Appearance: 6’2”, fair skin, black eyes, black hair that is loosely braided down to her waist. She wears black loose fitting clothing and a black cloak.
Personality: Calm, quiet, protective of her friends, and always aware. But she can be impatient and sometimes temperamental. She tries to be optimistic, but sometimes fails.
History: Calentoliel was only a child when her life was dramatically changed. The Black Beast (from The Blue Mountains RPG) attacked her and separated her from her sister, Rothalle. She was later found wandering near Rivendell, with no memory of her past.

Calentoliel’s life remained quite ordinary until she enter the Blue Mountains. It was there she took part in the quest to destroy the Black Beast, the creature that haunted her past. It was there she met Endereth, Mattius, Radagast the Brown, Faye Took, and Olo Gamwich. And it was there she was reunited with her sister, Rothalle, and rediscovered her past.

Since her adventure in the Blue Mountains, Calentoliel has traveled many places with her sister as they both became reacquainted with each other. Unfortunately, their paths parted ten years ago when Rothalle made the decision to leave Middle-earth. Calentoliel’s heart broke in two when she learned of Rothalle’s decision, for she knew she would not be coming with her. Her time on Middle-earth was not yet completed and Calentoliel felt more adventures awaited her. After Rothalle’s departure, Calentoliel has become quite lonely, for she has not seen her old friends from the Blue Mountains since they had destroyed the Black Beast. Recently, she had a premonition that the adventure she had been waiting for would be come to be shortly, and since then Calentoliel has wandered the lands, waiting for a new sign of this adventure.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:11 AM   #6
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Hi! This RPG sounds really interesting- can I play, even though I wasn´t in The Blue Mountains? Here´s my profile, I hope it´s ok with you!

Name: Anarya
Race: Human
Weapon: sword
Looks: pale face, dark brown hair and blue eyes- she´s certainly not beutiful, but has a look of spirit and determination in her face. She´s rather tall and thin. Her hair´s always braided, her face is usually dirty from her work (see down). Wears plain dresses in red, black or white

Character: As the oldest of five daughters, it was her who took over the family´s Blacksmith buisiness in Minas Anor. She loves her job and is a very talanted, concentrated worker. She´s a quite, yet passionate person, very determind and very self- diciplined. When life would hand her a lemon, her pragmatic and optimistic self would not even consider NOT making lemonade. Mostly on account of her job, she usually deals with men and knowns exactly how to do that. A very good haggeler, she can sometimes get very direct in her way of expression. She´s not a romantic person, and because she doesn´t see the need of having a husband, she doesn´t have one. This leads to another important trait: one of her biggest concerns is that people don´t take her work as a Blacksmith seriously because she´s a woman. That´s probably one of her greatest weeknesses.

Flaws: her fear of not being accepeted and/or respected because of her gender; her very direct and very undiplomatic ways

Why she´s come to Isengard: Blacksmith buisiness hasn´t gone well in Minas Anor this year. She decides to go to Isengard because she figures there might be need of blacksmith work to be done: The travellers will need armours, maybe a new sword hilt, horses may need horse shoes etc etc. When she comes there she decides to join the company after all- mainly because she just wants something new happening, also because there was some sort of missunderstanding.

Skills: all a blacksmith must know, oviously. But she´s also very good with the sword, and has a special connection to horses.

Posessions: her blacksmith things; a sword she´s made herself and named "Firespirit"; and her beutiful and loyal horse Daelinde.

Yeah, that´s her. Let me know what you think, ok?
Old 03-29-2003, 11:32 AM   #7
DayVampyre
Wight

DayVampyre has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

**Walks in and looks around somewhat nervously**

Hello all, this RPG sounds like a good one and I'd like to place an audition, if I may?

Name: Avery
Eyes: blue
Hair: red[natural colored, not like fire
engine color]

Clothing:heavy black pants and boots, white shirt made out of light loose fitting material[the long sleeves have been ripped off and are about elbow length] when it is cold out she wears a large black coat

Weapons: a knife concealed in her boot, and a sword hanging off the left side of her belt

History: Avery was born in a small village in Gondor. She ran away from home when she was 10. Her reasoning was that her family were just farmers and Avery would just as soon cut off her right arm than be doomed to tilling earth for the rest of her life. She travelled to a nearby large city and there picked up the fine art of thievery. She soon became one of the most wanted thieves in the city and for up to seven years had not been caught. However during a bank raid, Avery was caught. Sentenced to hang for her crimes, Avery was offered a way out. Go into the Fanghorn and find out why the Huorns are being malevolent. Not knowing the dangers of the Fangorn, not knowing that she would moat likely not come out again, Avery took the judge's offer.

Demeanor: Friendly and enjoys a goodtime. But Avery can also be a ruthless crimnal, silent and steathliness is what had kept her from the guards clutches for so many years.

Other markings/traits: Avery wears three small sliver hoops in each ear and a tattoo of a dragon on the underside of her left forearm. Is a very pretty young woman[which has also gotten her out of a few scrapes] but however her life on the city streets has left her little time for studies, Avery is not even literate.

I hope you like it I'll be happy to fix anything if you like...
Old 03-29-2003, 01:02 PM   #8
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Manardariel: Wow, your character sounds a lot like me in personality... she's very good and we'll need her skills, considering what we're up against. Welcome to the RPG!

DayVampyre: Ooh, tough chick! Great profile! Avery's accepted as well.

My, but we do have a lot of young ladies from Minas Tirith,don't we...? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] We'd like a few more male characters as well, though, to balance it out.

Brinniel: Good to see you here! *Ender gives Cal a high-five*
Old 03-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #9
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Could I use a character that I used in an RPG in the shire please? the other RPG was set around the time of the war of the ring, so it is conceivable that he could have left Lothlorien to wander and end up in fangorn at this time.

Name- Telpeheled
Age- around 1500
Race- Elf of Lorien

Looks- typical Lorien elf with blonde hair and blue eyes, wears dark green and is expert at camouflaging himself with the trees,thoughtful face and demeanour for the most part though when with people he is almost always seen smiling.

Character- An ex-elf guard of Lorien, young and inexperienced of the world. Very curious of anything to do with humans, loves to talk to them, find out about them, etc. He also loves trees, in typical Elf-fashion. Wandering in Fangorn to try to meet ents, which he heard rumour of. Formerly a very happy person, into female elves, jokes etc so loneliness is starting to chafe now. So he'll be grateful to help if it means company, as long as he doesn't have to kill anyone.

History- Fought a big battle against orcs and easterlings which led him to grow tired of warfare and eager to know more about humans. He left his home to find out more about the world and has wandered since.

Weapons/gear/abilities- Fairly talented with bow and sword though doesn't like to use them much. He does carry his weapons everywhere though. His best ability is to get on with, and see the best in everyone, and cheer people up with a well timed joke! (or occassionally not so well timed)

Just to check, is this too similar to the other elf characters?

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-29-2003, 01:46 PM   #10
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ooh, can I join? Pleeeeease? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Character: Elwing
Race: Hobbit

Bio: Elwing has been a wanderer for many years. Her parents cast her off when she was a baby, but luckily she was rescued by kind Wood-Elves who took pity on her. They fostered her in their homes and taught her in the Elvish way until she was old enough to fend for herself. Elwing usually wanders around Rohan and Fangorn upon her black pony Dae, although sometimes she does visit further-off places. Elwing also has a hawk, Skeet, whom she healed and tamed.

Appearance: Elwing has long golden hair, which is rare among the Halflings, and dark green eyes. She has a deep blue cloak and is dressed in male attire, as riding in a skirt is not at all practical. Her trousers are knee-length and dark brown and her shirt is a creamy white with black buttons. Elwing does have a backpack, but it is small and only carries her most necessary things.

Weapons: As she was raised by the Elves, Elwing is an archer. She has a bow and quiver which is always full of arrows. The feathers on her arrows are her trademark, dark blue. Elwing also has a large dagger. It has a silver blade and the hilt is black, with green vines entwining around it. Her weapons are her pride and joy. She would be terribly upset if anything happened to them. She usually does not pick fights, as her weapons are only for defense. She is good with her bow and dagger. Elwing also likes to laugh and is always up for a pint, as is her true Hobbit nature.

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]
Old 03-29-2003, 02:28 PM   #11
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Quote:
Scribing once again, dear Jemel?
You know me, Ith! I tried to find another pretty 'J' name, but all the ones I liked sounded too arabic for a Tolkien RPG. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Oh well!

C'mon, lets get some guys in this game!

Aylwen
Old 03-29-2003, 03:51 PM   #12
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Brinniel said that I should type in my personality, so here it is:

Name: Kalir
Birthplace: near Isengard
Physical Appearance: Kalir is an even six feet tall and very strong from work in the fields. He has dusty, dark brown hair and grey eyes. He wears the garb of a farmer, dressed fairly simply, for that is what he is. He fights with his father's old sword and he can use a bow and arrows.
History: Kalir was born to farming in the year 1025 near Isengard, the former stronghold of Saruman in the Third Age. He has one sibling, a sister of fifteen years of age named Ziral, of whom he is very protective. He grew up with his family there, and planned to be a farmer too. However, one day his father and one of his best friends, Pharir. A few days later, their bodies turned up, dead and mangled. Rumors had it that the huorns were responsible for the deaths and that the Ents had lost control of them. Kalir, therefore, planned on doing whatever was necessary to solve the problems and to insure the safety of his mother and sister. Being the only man in the family now, he deemed it his responsibility to protect them and to find what evil was causing the deaths and disappearances.
Personality: Kalir has been raised his whole life to be a farmer. He does not know much of the outside world except through what he has heard in rumor and from tales from his father, who had, apparently, travelled briefly in his youth. He thinks of Elves as sacred, and is pretty open to all races that are considered to be "good" and not "dark" or "evil".
Strengths: Kalir is good at living off of the land and knows the area very well, as he lived near Isengard most of his life. He is physically strong and large.
Weaknesses: Kalir may have some naive views of the world. He still thinks of things as being strictly "black and white" with no in between. He may also be a bit overly awed with the Elves and their beauty.
How he would meet up: He would travel from his farm near Isengard to Orthanc, hoping for explanations to the problem. He could find out what was happening and promise to aid and come along on the quest.
Transportation: He has a swift family horse named Baragalap. Baragalap is a 17 hand bay horse with a white star. He is about 12 years old, so he still has fairly many good years left in him.

If you accept me, I can change anything you want from that. Thank you, again, everyone!

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 03-29-2003, 05:06 PM   #13
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Lyra Greenleaf - Your character sounds fine. But if he lived in Lorien at the time of the War of the Ring, he needs to be much older (look at the time the story is set).

Horse-Maiden of the Shire- I'm afraid your character Elwing doesn't seem very realistic or believable to me. Perhaps you could try writing a bio for a character other than a hobbit.

VanimaEdhel- Kalir sounds great! It'll be interesting to see his reaction when he first meets the elves.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:27 PM   #14
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Horse-Maiden: I agree that Elwing does not sound too realistic, and hobbits were one of the races not recommended. Why don't you try the same personality, but as a human with a different history? Or, even easier, portray her as a wood-elf.

Wow, this discussion sure attracted a lot of people pretty quickly... I think we'll have a few more spots, though. Here's everyone on board so far:

Ithaeliel as Endereth- Noldorin elf
Mattius as Mattius- Elf/Wizard
Auriel Haevasawen as Radagast the Brown- Istari
Brinniel as Calentoliel- Elf(/Maia?)
Mark12_30/Helen as LinGalad- Silvan elf
Aylwen Dreamsong as Ajada- Human of Gondor
Manardariel as Anarya- Human of Gondor
DayVampyre as Avery- Human of Gondor
Lyra Greenleaf as Telpeheled- Elf of Lorien
Horse-Maiden of the Shire as Elwing(?)- Elf? Human?
VanimaEdhel as Kalir- Human of Isengard (territory of Gondor)

How about a few Ents? Entwives would also be acceptable. It would be incredibly interesting to see some of those types; I might double as an Ent myself. We also may want men of Rohan, since messengers were sent out to all inhabited lands of Middle-earth, save the Shire. Variety is good. I'm happy with the present turnout, though!
Old 03-29-2003, 07:00 PM   #15
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
We also may want men of Rohan
Agreed. We need some humans that are from other than Gondor or Isengard.

Quote:
How about a few Ents? Entwives would also be acceptable.
Didn't Auriel also want to play a side character as an Ent or Entwife? Of course, we do need more than one person playing them, though.

Where are Matt and Auriel anyways?
Old 03-30-2003, 10:43 AM   #16
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Ooops, I read it as FA 100-and-something!
OK, edited. Do you want first posts?
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-30-2003, 11:09 AM   #17
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Okay! Change "hobbit" to "wood-elf" and I'm all set. Vroom!
Old 03-30-2003, 11:30 AM   #18
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

If I may briefly step in here with a modest suggestion, in support of both Brinniel's and Ithaeliel's comments...

Horse-Maiden of the Shire, the differences between hobbits and elves are substantial. A simple change in the wording to your character is not sufficient to account for these differences. You need to rethink your character and the nature of the backhistory and rewrite it substantially. Or, consider seriously the game owners' comments about the need for men of Rohan and Ents. Remember, the criterion for inclusion in a game is the need of the story rather than a gamer's desire to be a particular character or race.

This is one of the standards for gaming at Rohan. As is the requirement to be canon or Tolkien friendly. Please ensure that your character remains faithful to the contours of the characters which Tolkien has created and represents the wishes of the game owners.

Thanks in advance for taking these comments into consideration,

Bethberry,
moderator for Rohan
Old 03-30-2003, 12:46 PM   #19
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You want a man of Rohan then man of Rohan I shall be.

Name: Aldor
Birthplace: Edoras
Physical appearance: He has the golden hair typical of Rohan and green eyes. He is around five foot six and wears the armour of the Rohirrim and, being a soldier, can use his spear and bow well.
History: Aldor was born in Edoras in the year 1021, he has two younger sisters, both of which he adores. His mother died during child birth but his father looked after the three of them well. He became a soldier when he was 20 and has done that ever since. He was sent by the king, one of a select few, when he recieved word of the troubles at Isengard though he has not been personally affected.
Personality: He wouldn't usually be the one to start a conversation but once you got talking to him he's quite nice. He's very work orientated and it's very important to him that he does as he is ordered. Promises are also important to him and he tries as hard as he can to keep to his.
Steed: Of course, he rides a fine stallion of Rohan. His name is Brey, he is chestnut in colour and horse and rider are very close.

If anything needs to be changed, I would be only too happy to oblige.

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 03-30-2003, 12:58 PM   #20
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Aldor looks like a fine character. He's accepted.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:02 PM   #21
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

by the way, if you need huorn characters i don't mind doing it as long as it only takes, say, three or four posts. if you need it that is!
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-30-2003, 02:44 PM   #22
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey! Fisrt things first great to see this thread up at last! Second, sorry that I have taken a while to reply, weekdays I can get on usually but Fridays and Saturdays are slim to none!

Before I post my bio for Mattius just a couple of comments.

Quote:
C'mon, lets get some guys in this game!
Don't worry Aylwen, my good pal Radagast the Brown will be here soon and he is the pin-up boy of all Middle Earth!

DayVamp, I really like your history as a convict and I thought a good way of devoloping it would be to have some sought of guard to go along with her. Their relationship could devop perhaps, only an idea anyway.

Okay, the moment has arrived here is Mattius!

Name- Mattius (his day to day name) or Firnlord (his true elvish name- like his Sunday best).

Age- 1019

Race- Elf but often mistaken as a human

Appearnce- Short spikey blonde hair with icy blue eyes. Six foot tall clad in black and dark green. His long sword is 'Angamarth'- Iron Doom in Elvish (his fathers sword, given to him by the Elves of Lorien 1001 years ago). He also carries many knives and a medium length bow. Attached to his belt and hidden under his cloak is his black mace.

History- Okay lets see. He was born in Lorien but at 1 years of age his parents were killed and he ended up being found by two humans and being brought up in Minas Tirith. At ten years old after the destruction of Sauron, he was returned to Lorien where he learned his true identity and at 18 he set out to avenge his parents deaths. This led him to the Black Beast and also Endereth, Calentoiel, Radagast and company. His sword Angmarth was revieled to be the Blade of Manwe and indeed Manwe conversed with Mattius and helped him and his friends finally destroy the Black Beast in The Blue Mountains. Following its destruction Mattius' power to converse with Manwe disspeared and as the group of friends split up, Mattius travelled with Radagast whom he is still with.

A millenium with Radagast has been of great value to Mattius. They now share a great friendship and the elf has even picked up on some of the wizard's teachings of small magical incarnations.

Personality- Mattius is quick to make friends and although he hardly shows it, misses his old companions dear.

Okay there you go! Only Mr R. the Brown left!

[ June 15, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 03-30-2003, 02:56 PM   #23
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Quote:
Do you want first posts?
First posts would be useful. We need to establish where our characters are located at the beginning of the story, and whether some of them in the same places are going to meet up, by accident or on purpose.

Just a tip for everyone: Don't take too long in being told about the problem or getting to Isengard. It should take you 1 to 2˝ posts maximum; you'll have to paraphrase. We want this to move along well, without a slow start and a bunch of posts saying, "Where is so-and-so?"

So if you wish, you may put up your first post and we'll get organized. We have almost all our players and should be able to begin soon.

Edit: Welcome, Mattius! Good to see you (nice picture; we should all do that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]). Now we're only waiting on Auriel...

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Old 03-30-2003, 03:56 PM   #24
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Auriel will be here soon I'm sure. Hey Ith, on the subject of pictures, did you ever scan your sketch of The Blue Mountain company?
Old 03-30-2003, 04:00 PM   #25
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
nice picture; we should all do that
Yes, visual images are nice. In fact, I think I'll do one.

Calentoliel

Surprise, surprise. It's my old avatar! That's kind of how I imagined her. Except she is wearing more clothing and I believe I said her hair was braided.

Hey, Ith- I thought you were working on a drawing of those from TBM. Aren't you done yet?

EDIT: Looks like you beat me to that last question, Matt.

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 03-30-2003, 06:24 PM   #26
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Hmmm...after looking around like a madwoman, I found a picture that might be a good representation of my character: Picture from the fanart at theonering.net

EDIT: better than the picture?

[ April 01, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 03-30-2003, 07:20 PM   #27
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Shield

*coughs*

Folks, large pictures use up bandwidth. Barrow Downs tends to be about words, anyway. Please use links instead. It would be much appreciated.

Bethberry

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Bęthberry ]
Old 03-30-2003, 10:07 PM   #28
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

This would be the way I'd see Endereth, perhaps as she was walking through Lorien. Pretend she has blue eyes.

Quote:
did you ever scan your sketch of The Blue Mountain company?
No, but I'm finished with it! Brinniel, could I possibly leave it with you at school so you could take it home and scan it? I'll need Auriel's email before I can send it, but the good news is, it's done!
Old 03-30-2003, 10:42 PM   #29
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Funny, Ith. I almost used that picture, but decided her hair was too brownish and her eye color was off.

Quote:
Brinniel, could I possibly leave it with you at school so you could take it home and scan it?
Of course you can. Oooh, I'm excited to see it.

Where is Auriel? We need her.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:46 AM   #30
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

First post you want, first post it shall be! Comig up as soon as I have time. And this this is sort of how I envision Anarya. It´s from the movie "A knight´s tale", and the character on the pic, Kate, sort of inspired me to Anarya.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:35 AM   #31
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Uh, the game is still locked, so I'll put this here for now. Once the game opens, I'll delete this copy.

First post:

The green-and-brown clad elf paced steadily across rock and stream and field, all the while eagerly studying the vast expanse of trees on his right-hand side. He really wanted to go through Fangorn Forest itself, but Songmaster's instructions had been clear, and LinGalad reluctantly circled the fringes of the forest and did not travel or sleep within it. He could not resist peering into the eaves, however, and occasionally stepping close to one of the more majestic, older trees.

He was weary of the open. He had been in the open since he left the very southernmost tip of Mirkwood, now Lasgalen; the RopeMaster had counselled him to avoid Lothlorien in order to make good speed, and he had obediently done so. He promised himself he would visit it on his way back home.

He longed for shady forest depths, and it irked and saddened him that he could not enjoy the ancient trees now passing by on his righthand side. As he marched through the long grass of Rohan around Fangorn, he sang, more to motivate his weary feet than anything else. Sometimes the trees in Fangorn rustled in the wind. Sometimes they rustled without a wind, and then he was glad he had heeded the Songmaster's warning, and not gone into the forest. LinGalad marched on for weary mile after mile, passing barren rocks and (to him) uninteresting hills and grass, and then he crested a large hill that jutted out from the southernmost roots of the Misty Mountains.

In the middle of Nan Curunir rose a glossy black tower, thrust high into the air, dark and forbidding, cold and austere, and ending in sharp horns at the top. LinGalad's heart sank, and he stood for a while, glumly studying the tower and the ring of stone. He cast one more sad glance at the much more interesting forest, gave his weapons and his pack a cursory check and resettled them in place, and with a heavy sigh, turned towards the tower.

As he went, he heard music, and his pace quickened steadily til he broke into a joyous run. A river! That improved things greatly. He let the lure of the river draw him well off of his earlier course, and came to its bank with the excuse that his water bottle needed refilling. He topped off the bottle, sorely tempted to bathe in the beautiful river, but he contented himself with washing his face and his hands. The river, he reminded himself, ran down to the ring of stone. At least it could keep him company. LinGalad resignedly turned and followed it, and sooner than he wanted to, he had arrived at Isengard.

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 03-31-2003, 11:59 AM   #32
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Hmm- the problem with short posts is theyre easily overlooked. So, I'll repeat, do you want me to play a huorn? I'm willing, assuming you only need say 5 posts.
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-31-2003, 04:25 PM   #33
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I don't see a problem in that, Lyra.

I don't know if I can get my first post in today, but I will write as soon as I can. We should wait on opening the RPG until Auriel shows up, anyways.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:58 PM   #34
DayVampyre
Wight

DayVampyre has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

First post still in the works, hope thats ok, but I have managed to scrape up a pic that I like for Avery

Hope this actually works

Different outfit of course, and I'll get to work on that first post! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 06:51 PM   #35
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Okay, here's my first post.

“Ajada! Jaedyn! Wake up NOW!” Mistress Halena called from the bottom of the ladder to the attic. She was too broad to climb it and wake her husband’s two female writing apprentices.

Jaedyn rolled over in bed, and Ajada groggily got up off her bottom bunk. Climbing the small ladder to the top bunk, Ajada could only see Jaedyn’s mouse-brown hair through the mess of blankets. Shoving Jaedyn off the bed, Ajada prepared for the loud thump that followed as Jaedyn hit the wooden floor.

“I’m up! I’m up!” Jaedyn cried, though her voice was muffled through the covers. Ajada rolled her eyes and got dressed, pulling on her comfortable breeches and an oversized tunic, borrowed from Josham, another apprentice. This was the day that she would set out for Isengard. Somehow, the Master of the house, Leo, had found out about serious problems involving attacks from the forest. Master Leo had been given leave by the King to send someone to document the journey to straighten out everything. Leo chose Ajada, not only because her father had been close counselor to the royal family, but also because she was his best reporter.

Grabbing her pack, Ajada looked around the dark room, which was only lit by the slight rays of sun showing through the round window. She had everything she needed for the journey to Isengard and Fangorn: her pen, ink, papers, clothing, and extras of everything. She also brought the things needed to brew ink, though few would be used to the stench if she tried to make it on the trip. Dismissing the memories of all her ink-making days, Ajada walked back over to the heap of Human and blankets that was Jaedyn.

“I have to go now! Don’t forget to finish the report on the new Gondorian Sewer Systems! Leo will have a fit if it’s late by more than ten minutes!” Ajada said goodbye to the other girl, and in return received a smack in the face as Jaedyn rolled over on the wooden floor. Ajada sighed and rolled Jaedyn towards the floor-door that entered down to the attic-ladder and towards the second floor of the home. Shoving Jaedyn through the hatch, Ajada watched as the girl bounced off the ladder and hit the second floor with a deep, resounding thunk.

Going down the steps of the attic ladder was no problem for her, and she walked down the upstairs hallway of the Record Master’s home in Gondor, stepping carefully over a grumbling Jaedyn. Walking by the first open door, Ajada waved to Master Leo’s son Marlen and the scribe’s other apprentice, Josham. Walking into the room, Josh was writing something, and Marlen was looking over his shoulder.

“I’ve got to set out soon, I’ve come to say goodbye!” As Ajada spoke, both boys looked up from what they were doing. A sad look overtook Marlen’s face, and Josh got up to hug his fellow writer. In her four years of apprenticeship, Ajada had become quite fond of Josh in particular. Mar began to fold a parchment and handed it to Ajada when she and Josh were done giving goodbyes.

“What’s this?” Ajada asked, and was about to open it until Josh stopped her and shook his head.

“Don’t open it until you get on the road! It’s a poem, for you. Good luck, and bring extra paper, for you always run out!” They said farewell one last time, and Ajada left the boys and went to say goodbye to Jaedyn, who had just walked down from the ladder to the attic.

“Halena is going to yell at you when you get down there, so you may as well go and get ink ingredients. Leo has almost run out of blue ink and has no more black. I have to go though!” Ajada informed Jaedyn and the other girl sighed.

Then, Ajada said one more goodbye, to Leo, the man who had taken her in after her father and mother died, and expanded on the things her mother, a well-known Gondorian writer, had taught the girl. He was a kindly, middle-aged man of humbler origins than those of Ajada, and he regretted inwardly the need to send her on the ‘adventure’ of sorts.

Continuing on to the kitchen, Ajada was given a tight hug from Halena’s eight-year old daughter. Halena sent the girl off to do chores and to get Jaedyn and the boys to work, and then the sturdy woman gave Ajada some food for the road.

“Now, Ajada, we paid caravan of Rohirric entertainers a tidy sum to let you ride with them as they return home, since we can’t afford a horse. But once they stop in Edoras you need to walk north to Isengard.” Halena ended as she shooed the girl out the door.

Great. Ajada thought. A trip with old clowns.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] *Cough*Mattius*Cough*

If a post bringing Ajada closer to Isengard is preferred/more appropriate over this, no problem.

Here, I guess, is kind of what I thought Ajada would look like, only with more Middle-Earth-like clothing!

Here, but with blue eyes and more freckles. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Aylwen

[ April 01, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 03-31-2003, 08:44 PM   #36
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Down the ladder?? Ajada, bunking anywhere near you is clearly dangerous to one's health. Good thing elves don't need much sleep. Perhaps we should post a guard when we do... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 08:49 PM   #37
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Really, it's the only way to wake up that darn Jaedyn! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But if any of the humans ever sleep late, we all know who to call [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!

Aylwen

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 04-01-2003, 01:41 AM   #38
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

ARGH!! CLOOOWNS ARE EVIIIL! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Apart from that I really like your post!

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Bęthberry ]
Old 04-01-2003, 03:41 PM   #39
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hold your horses, I'm here!
Sorry for my absence. I was only over in the Shire because I got lonely!!!
First, did I read that right Matt, did you call me a pin up? You cheeky young boy!!!
Secondly, sorry again for the hold up!

Right, here goes ye olde profile.
Name: Radagast the Brown
Race: Istari or Wizard

Radagast is mainly concerned with living creatures and cares little for men, elves, dwarves and those who meddle in the equilibrium of life. He should be on his way to the Grey Havens but somehow is still quite litterally pottering about in ME with Mattius. He got involved in the destruction of the Black Beast (in the Blue Mountains) partially by chance and partially at the request of the Eagle king who thought Radagast was the man for the job. Radagast is full of self doubt and had forgotten most of what he learned due to his lifelong preoccupation with animals and plants. His meeting with the 'young' folk of the Blue Mountians reinvigorated him somewhat and slowly he is regaining his knowledge. The troubles in Fanghorn cause him great distress because it is close to his heart. With Mattius, he sets off for Fanghorn, secretly hoping to meet his former companions along the way. Although he'd never admit it, he developed quite a taste for adventure, he just doesn't always feel up to it.

There, I hope that's a useful post. I've read the others and am really looking forward to working with you. I send you my email Ith. I'd love to see that picture. Read you all soon.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:33 PM   #40
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dűm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Are you still in need of an Ent? If so Ill make a profile!