Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2004, 11:17 AM   #201
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A small question from me: are Khalad and Melost currently outside the farmhouse now, with the rest of them inside? That seems to be the case, though I am unsure if the outlaws would really leave these two alone outside while doing some plundering inside.
So what are the positions of these two?
Old 01-21-2004, 04:51 PM   #202
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Woopsies! Cleared.

Hmmmm...I guess Khalad would have stuck with Melost, and, as Cuthalion pointed out to me in a PM, Melost would not have gone along with it...and there really isn't any way the outlaws could force him to. But if someone stays with Khalad and Melost to watch them, that leaves only three to take care of things. I think we might have to trust Khalad and the elf! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Now I'm not so sure my post makes any sense at all...
Old 01-22-2004, 11:58 AM   #203
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I understand what you mean, Durelin. We will see what happens from this. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 11:44 PM   #204
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Aylwen, Durelin, please check your PM's!

OK, people, we have some problems we need to work out. Durelin and I had worked out some changes for her post to fit in with some already planned stuff, but before she could edit, Aylwen posted (Not your fault, Aylwen, you couldn't know).
I know, I know. I could've been here, I could've posted.

Anyway, to avoid further confusion, I call for a halt for outlaw posts until this has been solved. Feel free to post anything not concerning the outlaws (within the game's storyline, of course! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).
Old 01-23-2004, 12:28 PM   #205
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Can I ask what we're doing with Arthain, Dorlas, Thelian, Gil-Galad, Isildur and the army in general then? I'm not really sure what we're meant to be doing on that side..
Old 01-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #206
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Okay! My edit is up!!

Sorry again, everyone. No more will I jump the gun.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:56 AM   #207
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My edit for Jaheira and the bandits is up, with Maika's consent. Also, I second Aman's question about the 'good' guys! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Aylwen

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:22 PM January 25, 2004: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 01-25-2004, 12:19 PM   #208
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

Ladies, you have both done a great job. Now I only hope I'll be able to match that.

Concerning your question(s) I can only say, I have no idea! Not my area! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:33 AM January 29, 2004: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 01-29-2004, 01:35 AM   #209
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

Aman, please check your PM's.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:30 PM   #210
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

EDIT: I'm back!

Last edited by Durelin; 02-12-2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:31 AM   #211
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Just wanted to let you know that I am working on a post. I just have a lot of extra work at the moment so it takes some time. But I haven't forgotten or abandoned you guys!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:01 AM   #212
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
I've posted..and I'm taking Melost in a new direction. Hopefully Khalad will be able to convince Vlad of the error of his ways and at least he and Khalad will follow Melost as he tries to join the Elven host.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:01 PM   #213
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril I'm off to see the wizard...

...the wonderful wizard of Z's. Well, Spring Break has come upon me, so I am off on vacation tomorrow morning. Perhaps I'll actually sleep for a change.

I apologize for my lack of "being here"-ness recently. I also regret to say that after my vacation, my attendance will not improve. Besides college visits the second week of break, my new play will be moving into full swing. Luckily, at this point Menelya could very well disappear for at least a time, since her role is not the most important thing at this stage of the story. If you want to use her at all, go right ahead. *Quietly exits the room*
Old 03-13-2004, 01:56 PM   #214
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Woah...

There goes half the team of bandits!

Jaheira will have something to say to this, and I'll post today sometime.

-Aylwen

P.S. Aman, dear, you mistook the outlaw Jaheira for an easterling named Jerika in your posts. Jerika is long gone, though I take part of the blame for making so many of my characters have J names!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:34 PM   #215
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Jerika... Now that brings back memories.

This quite a surprising twist. Snyd will not know how to handle this one. I tried to make that very clear in my post, and so...perhaps it was not entirely clear itself...

So how will Vlad, Jaheira, and Snyd now make it to Lorien? Is Vlad going to have a delayed change of heart?

Oh dear...Snyd's going to die of confusion... I might too.

Snyd does not like these plot twists!

-Durelin
Old 03-13-2004, 11:25 PM   #216
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Quote:
Neither do I... *sigh*

Last edited by Maikadilwen; 03-13-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:19 AM   #217
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Quote:
Jerika... Now that brings back memories.
Aye, that it does...

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither do I... *sigh*
So...what does this mean? Are we going to call for a mass editing spree or are we going to try and make it work somehow? Where were the bandits supposed to be in the end anyway, or was it just a "figure-it-out-as-we-go-along" kind of thing? Because I wasn't really sure so I didn't do anything in my post but have Jaheira look confuzzled.

-Aylwen

Last edited by Aylwen Dreamsong; 03-14-2004 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:44 PM   #218
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

And confuzzled is not something that comes easily to Jer- sorry, Jaheira And the references are now edited, Aylwen

Although the emphasis is now nicely on the outlaws and this RPG has come back from being dormant (hooray!), can I just ask...what are the soldiers supposed to be doing at this time? I am a little confused as to the status of play with Arthain and Ananwelme, as with Arthain and Gil-galad...
Old 03-14-2004, 06:45 PM   #219
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

The armies are nearing atate of readiness...Arthain is now with the Elven army, having been barred from his own. Whatever is going on with Anwen is between the two of you.

The splitting of the outlaws was never my intent...but there it is. Those who are following Melost will be following him to certain death, for he has no intention of surviving. Those who follow Vlad must consult with Maika.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:23 PM   #220
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Nice post there, Cuthalion
Old 03-20-2004, 10:34 AM   #221
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
I understand what you mean, Durelin. We will see what happens from this.
Hmmmm...And now I understand what you mean, Daniel.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:18 AM   #222
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

OK, people...time out!

We all need to get on the same page here. To that end, let's take a step back at look at the situation as it stands...

Discounting the characters with the armies, we are now two parties, one under Vlad, one under Melost. Here's what still needs to happen:

1. Melost is still out to kill Arthain, though he will not succeed. he will come close, then realise that he love he bears for his friend won't allow him to and they reconcile.

2. Vanima...please PM Maika.

3. Both Melost and Arthain will die...Melost first. I had originally intended for Vlad to take the news of their deaths to Anwen...but am not sure if that's still happening now.

I need to hear from ALL of you about how to finish this out. All questions and comments are welcome. My thanks!
Old 03-20-2004, 12:55 PM   #223
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Cuthalion, you said you originally wanted Vlad to carry the news of the deaths to Anwen: wouldn't this still work if Vlad was to change his mind by some 'awakening of his warrior's soul' and follow Melost? This would involve a fairly explosive arguement with Jaheira though...
Old 03-30-2004, 02:38 PM   #224
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield Absence does not make the heart grow fonder

Cuthalion, Maika, and all the gamers on Brotherhood,

It has been two weeks since the last post on the game and ten days since anyone replied to the Game Manager's suggestions about how to wrap up this game.

It is a good game but it has been running for a year now. Such a slow pace puts great demands on gamers' time committments and also holds back the forum in that it allows little room for new gamers to move into games. This kind of pace does not create a healthy, vibrant forum.

Please respond on the discussion thread as quickly as possible to plan for the game's conclusion. If no one replies within three days, I will lock the game thread and then consider retiring it to Elvenhome, where it can await its fate.

Bęthberry
Moderator for Rohan
Old 03-31-2004, 02:40 PM   #225
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

I reply for the sake of continuing this game, although I have already given my initial responce to Cuthalion's question.

The game will still be able to end how it was planned, and it is an ending I like very much - I believe the initial idea was probably for Melost's 'curse' to come true, and for the person Arthain loved most in the world to die in his arms, that person, ironically, being Melost. Vlad and the rest of the outlaws could join the war, to some extent, and it could be Vlad to carry to news of the deaths to Anwanelme, as you wished before: alternatively, the game could maybe end in parallel, with Anwanelme on one side of the story and the battle on the other, ending with the dramatic peak of the two best friends' deaths.

I thought this was the sketchy initial plan - what do you think?
Old 03-31-2004, 06:29 PM   #226
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

I think Dorlas should die. Die a slow, and painful death, and learn the hard way that war isn't cool.

In any case, I like the idea, but I think Jaheira will follow along if only to be with Vlad. I don't think she'd feel special if he went off and she was left alone and deserted by the former guys. Nope, don't think Jaheira would like that...

-Aylwen
Old 04-01-2004, 06:44 AM   #227
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I know that the outlaws were all originally going to end up in Lorien, but...how is that going to happen now? It almost seems that Vlad, Snyd, and Jaheira are out of the story...unless Vlad decides to follow Melost and the 'deserters'. I'd like to see the end of this game with you guys...it's been lots of fun.

Quote:
In any case, I like the idea, but I think Jaheira will follow along if only to be with Vlad.
And Snyd most certainly won't be left alone.

Please forgive the shortness of this post; I will be back to give more input, but I must go to school in a few minutes...

And sorry for the lack of posts lately...

-Durelin
Old 04-01-2004, 09:31 AM   #228
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

I'm afraid I will be away from this Saturday until Sunday 11th. Sorry
Old 04-01-2004, 10:29 AM   #229
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sorry to hear that, Archer.

Aylwen, I took some liberties after you said Jaheira would stay. Tell me if it's wrong and I'll change it.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:32 AM   #230
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

We're not dead yet, Bethberry! Hang in there with us...if I have to write the entire ending myself ...it'll be done by the end of the month, you have my word.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:38 PM   #231
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Hmmm, I'll get a post up sometime tonight.

Maika - It's all good, your post is fine as far as Jaheira goes.

-Aylwen
Old 04-03-2004, 03:58 PM   #232
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Howdy all! Things have been really slow around here, lately. I think it's because everyone's pretty busy.

Anyway, I am afraid I will be absent from this Wednesday April 7th till the following Monday, April 11th. I will have internet access, but not very often, and I most likely will not be able to post anything of substance...visiting grandparents, you see.

Thanks!

And I will see this RPG to the end, Cuth! I promise!

-Durelin
Old 04-03-2004, 04:09 PM   #233
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
All's well that ends well

Very glad to hear that, Cuthalion, and everyone.

If I can help in any way, let me know.

Bethberry
Old 04-07-2004, 09:35 AM   #234
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Quote:
Hmmm, I'll get a post up sometime tonight.
Uhm....Aylwen? What happened?
Old 04-07-2004, 03:52 PM   #235
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Apologies...things got hectic. But enough excuses...

Post is up.

-Aylwen
Old 04-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #236
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Whew..ok, people...we're in the home stretch. Here goes!

I 've PMd Archer with some very specific stuff to follow as Arthain. so she's good...

All outlaws: Continue tracking...you will be captured by a joint party of Elves and men, then brought to Melost who will by that time have reunited with Arthain. He will then plead for the outlaws to have their freedom to do as they please.

Khalad will follow Melost...Fid will choose for himself.

Thelian and Dorlas will follow Melost and Arthain to their deaths.

Vlad and Anwen are the only ones at the last.

This will all take place in the last day of our heroes lives.

Last edited by Cuthalion; 04-12-2004 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #237
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

OK, people...we have 16 days left. Let's put the puppy to bed, shall we?
Old 04-16-2004, 07:56 AM   #238
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fine with me.

But I am unsure of what happens now. Do we get them to the battle now and kill 'em off? Is there still some delicate sub-plots that we need to post about?
Old 04-16-2004, 09:38 AM   #239
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Right now I need you to play Thelian as much as possible.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #240
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright, I'll let Khalad slide away then, he has nothing to do until the battle anyway, where he can die.

But what am I supposed to do with Thelian? sorry for slowing you down, but I'm just unsure about what direction to take him, since I don't know what happens now in the plot, except that in the end they die. And I don't know what the rest of you have planned with especially Melost and Arthain; so I'm afraid of messing up your plans with those guys if I post something with Thelian about them (and there isn't much else for Thelian to do).