Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2003, 01:28 AM   #81
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

*licks lips*

Tassssty . . . fressssh . . . just the way we like them . . .
Old 01-04-2003, 05:28 AM   #82
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

And another complicating cameo performance, this time by pio. Drat you, writer, you have hauled off my supplies as well! Very nicely done, and thank you, pio.

Deorlin, you are merely injured, of course, and can, like movie heroes, survive a dunking, should you wish. Helkahothion, as we planned, Hading has gone to a noble end. PM me if you wish to do another cameo later in the game, next week.

Well, we have much to do to regroup and recover, don't we?

Bethberry

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 01-04-2003, 12:13 PM   #83
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

I'm sure if you traipsed a little way into the forest, you could find at least some of your supplies scattered about. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2003, 12:46 PM   #84
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Cruel taskmaster, that Wharg! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] heehee, Pio.

All,

Maika has asked, quite rightly, who or what other cameos are coming, since she and Aman might be hatching some of their own plans. Kiara and Lugbűrz are our other cameo players. I have onl a vague idea what they are doing and the extent of their coordination, if any. As for who they are playing... well, that might give away too much. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

They are enthusiastic, though, and so I thought I would check with the rest of you about how many complications/ delays/ side actions you want. This was intended as a short--one to two week game--and many of you 'signed on' for that limited time. Do you want more complications? That could extend the RL time of the game. There is no difficulty with this happening, since the length of a game is determined by the problem and the nature of its solution (recover the horses if possible) rather than by any arbitrary RL time limit, but I don't know how many of you would like a slightly longer game. Let me know here, and then our cameo complicators can determine just how many tricks to have up their sleeves. And I can see if I can work in another idea I have. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

*wrings hands salaciously and cackles conspiratorially*

Bethberry
Old 01-04-2003, 01:10 PM   #85
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Yeah, is Garen coming back? plot plot, plottity, plottity plot...

Ooh, salaciously, thats a nice word...
Old 01-04-2003, 03:33 PM   #86
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

If Garen is not able to return within a day or two, Aman, I would think you could do with Gormel as you will, but watch for his return a bit longer before anything drastic happens to his character.

A quick note on the appended first posts:

Airerűthiel and Gryphon Hall, your posts have been added to my post of December 29/02 at 3:54 pm.

Estel the Descender, there was an 'empty' post which was not needed for a thieves' post, so I added your first post to it, dated, January 2 at 7:35 pm.

Bethberry
Old 01-04-2003, 03:43 PM   #87
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Wight

Orofacion of the Vanyar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofacion of the Vanyar
Thumbs up

Consider them changed. So sorry about that, I seemed to be developing a bit of dislexia. Try not I'll do again it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #88
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Ummm...are we supposed to know that Deorlin's missing? Or were we, as we were regrouping, supposed to forget about him? I can change my post if that is the case...
Old 01-04-2003, 08:27 PM   #89
Deorlin
Animated Skeleton

Deorlin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Vanima, I sincerely resent the sugestion that you all could forget about me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] After all, I am so thoroughly obnoxious towards you, there's no way that at least you wouldn't remember my sneering face [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I just wish that I had turned around and come back to the posse before the wargs attacked so that you could rescue me more directly.

I'm, hoping you all won't forget me and that you will come looking for me and find me - soon(please, this water is getting soooooo cold!) Bethberry, I guess you were right - running off and leaving you all behind was an error in judgement
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Live and learn!

So I'll just bob around a little more and wait for the cavavlry to show [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, and I for one don't mind in the least if the game goes past the original timeframe. Just as long as I get my horse back (Sadiya is riding Frey so please don't anyone kill him)

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: Deorlin ]
Old 01-04-2003, 09:13 PM   #90
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Lugbúrz has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Just to step in for a moment, Kiara and I seem to be well coordinated except that we await her introductory post.

I'm enjoying the game, except that it is a tad quick for my entish disposition. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Great gaming, keep it up while you have your legs to walk on, for who knows when they may be taken away.

I shall take mine on a stroll to the pub. Friends await the expert pool player while beer awaits the connoisseur. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Good night.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:56 AM   #91
Anglachel
Animated Skeleton

Anglachel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Vanima,

I was hoping someone else would realize that Deorlin was missing, as Anglachel was a bit too focused on Hading to notice. I think how you handled it in your post is perfect. Plot-wise, it makes more sense that your character noticed he was missing anyways, considering the behind the scenes tension between you two.

All,

The posts have been great all around. Glad to see that we all didn't fry too many brain cells on New Year's.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:28 AM   #92
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

OK, I've filled in my post. Aman, the stage is yours. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've made another save so we won't get too far behind the pursuers (we should be ahead of them you know...). Let me know if you'll use it. Or anyone else. Otherwise I'll just delete it again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #93
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Deorlin's Horse - Its Doom

Please note that the horse is dead - killed by the Warg. It has been stowed out of sight by the Wolves for a later meal.

There is no possibility that any of you 'see' it riderless in the distance.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:56 PM   #94
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Well, it was Maikadurion's horse I really saw in the distance in my post. Only Malienna wouldn't know that, would she? She was hoping it was Deorlin's, and that he was ok.

~Varda

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: *Varda* ]
Old 01-05-2003, 03:38 PM   #95
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

A reminder about some chronology:

This game takes place in 3009.

Gollem enters Mordor in 3009 and is captured and not released until 3017.

This is where Sauron is, according to the entry from The Encyclopedia of Arda:

Quote:
For a thousand years, Mordor was to be ruled in Sauron's stead by the Lord of the Nazgűl. Sauron himself was slowly and secretly growing in power at Dol Guldur to the north, and did not wish to reveal himself until he had sufficient strength to face his enemies.

By 2941 (Third Age), Sauron had grown sufficiently to face his foes. The White Council attacked Dol Guldur, but he had prepared for this and abandoned that stronghold, returning to his ancient kingdom of Mordor in the following year. He rebuilt his capital of Barad-dűr, and began the ordering of Mordor for war.
While it is true that Sauron sent 3 Nazgul to maintain Dol Guldur after he abandoned it, the focus for this game is on Mordor and Minas Morgul. It is just a short game, after all.

Bethberry
Old 01-05-2003, 04:31 PM   #96
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

1420!

Bethberry, I have replied to your PM. I'll leave it Kiara to take the appropriate lead.

All I will repeat here is that 3009 was not the year that Gollum was captured in Mordor. A careful scan of the note in Appendix B will show that he was infact captured at an arbitrary time inbetween 3009 and 3017. The Encyclopedia can be tricky sometimes with its entries, as a project underway it lacks detail that are easily accessible in the Appendices.

Sincerely
Lug
Old 01-05-2003, 04:43 PM   #97
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

Uhm... OK, I think I'll just stay safely out of that discussion. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Now where are my pack of thieves? You are very much needed here.

Bethberry, have you heard anything from Garen?
Old 01-05-2003, 04:43 PM   #98
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Dear Lug,

I have just answered your PM. Please note that my comment does not specifically say Gollem was captured in 3009, but implies a timeframe only. I summarized hastily from Appendix B.

My point is that 3009 marks the time when "the Mountains and all land eastwards are becoming dangerous", as given in Appendix B.

It is often easier to copy from a generally reliable online source than take the time to type out by hand the text. I don't see any major discrepancy here, since the quotation from the EofA does not mention Gollem, but I do thank you for directing people to Appendix B, which I should have done also.

Bethberry

Edit: Maika, talk about cross-posting! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]I have not heard from Garen since he left. You might check the discussion thread of the games he is in in The Shire to see if he is back.

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 01-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #99
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Okay, Deorlin already established that he saw the old companionship riding towards him, but what is this new group he sees when the horse is turned? I got very confused and had to reread this Discussion a few times, but I cannot seem to figure out who this new group is...maybe I am blind, I don't know...
Old 01-05-2003, 05:06 PM   #100
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Sting

The Encyclopedia is very reliable in general content, but during the course of trivia we have come across many inconsistent chronological notes. Just a point to be wary of. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As to the typing part, I do understand, perhaps you will be interested in an electronic version of some texts? They prove very useful.

Yours,
Lug
Old 01-05-2003, 05:14 PM   #101
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Lug,

If you could give me some links to online texts I would be very grateful. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Reminders for Appendix A are particularly needed.

Bethberry,
who is off to read today's posts and see what the discrepancies are, and to make my own post.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:49 PM   #102
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Thank you kindly, Lug! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Horse thieves,

Please continue posting. There is much to do to recover from your wharg attack. You have a body to bury and wounds to recover from. Oro, it is not clear where your character came from. How did he reach the group in time for the wharg attack, given where he was in your last post?

Pursuers,

Please refrain from posting until we can straighten out what is happening. I will be PMing several of you about your posts.

Deorlin found only the thieves' trail and some movement in the grasses. He did not see any thieves, although he almost came upon the site of their attack. I think there is some confusion about where our group spent the night.

Aireruthiel, we are only two days' ride out of Edoras. Also, it is not clear how Maikadurion could have been the one to find Deorlin, given that our group was between you and him and given that others had already begun to look for him.

There needs to be a post about pulling Deorlin out of the water, warming him (this is winter, after all, folks, and people cannot survive long in freezing water), treating his wounds.

Everyone, we need to be clear about who goes in search of Deorlin. Ćlfritha will not be in that group which searches for Deorlin. She will be remaining to grieve for Hading and seeing that he receives a proper burial, lamenting the loss of her pack horse, and recovering what supplies she can. My save post will cover this and will be done this evening.

We have some major editing to do to provide continuity and consistency between posts. No new posts until this is done!

Again, please read each other's posts carefully, keep track of the general dispostions and likely actions of the other characters, and refrain from galloping forward too quickly with the plot. Keep the focus of your posts on your character, with some interaction with others, rather than a largescale narrative summary of events. Anglachel and I will be doing those posts.

Part of what makes an RPG a good RPG is attention to the consequences of an event.

PM me if you have questions or concerns about what is going on in these revisions.

Bethberry

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 01-05-2003, 06:01 PM   #103
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

Quote:
Keep the focus of your posts on your character, with some interaction with others
But it isn't easy doing that if you're pretty much alone in doing anything.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

It seems to me, that for every three or four Rohirrim posts, there is only one Easterling post, which is why I've started to make saves every now and then, hoping that my fellow thieves may want to use those, so we can make a better flow to the story. Otherwise we can easily end up with ten Rohirrim posts in a row without a single post from a thief.

I'm not nagging at anyone here, I know you're all busy with other things as well, but there are so many of them and so terribly few of us.

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 01-05-2003, 06:15 PM   #104
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

You are right, Maika; it is understandable that you would be carrying several characters. My comment was directed at the pursuers rather than at the thieves, since we have got ourselves into a log jam.

I wonder what has happened to Aman and Sabdh.

Bethberry
Old 01-05-2003, 08:41 PM   #105
Sadbh
Haunting Spirit

Sadbh has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm really sorry I haven't had a chance to post in a really long time. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] (My Orcan family members spend hours sitting in front of the computer exploding enemy forces with th click of a button.) I am so sorry to Maika for leaving you so, so... thiefless [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]. Couldn't think of a better word... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Also, Maika, do you have any specific plans for your next post which was 'Saved'? I don't want to mess up your plans or anything, as would be typical of one like myself. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Sadbh ]
Old 01-05-2003, 09:36 PM   #106
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Okay All Rohan pursuers,

I have just finished PMing most of you with ideas how to clear up the inconsistencies. I'll briefly mention some of them here, for they involve important aspects of gaming.

Each of you, by the way, is doing a great job writing well, with interesting vocabulary, sentence structures, detail and charactertization. No confusion there at all and lots to commend every one of you. What you do need to do, however, is temper your enthusiasm a little, slow down, and pay closer attention to the details and cues of interactive writing.

For instance, my character, Ćlfritha, does not carry a sword; she has only a whip and spurs. Yet there are several references to her slashing away at the wolves. Please change those.

Here's another example. Anglachel has his character sticking a knife into the ground during his eulogy over Hading. Yet later he is said to be riding his horse waving a sword around. Oops.

These are small points. What is more important is the 'big picture' of the game, watching to get a sense of the overall direction of the story. Here, there are important clues.

Vanima and Deorlin have already set up some tension between their characters and Vanima's character is the first to notice he is missing. Within the story, this gives her character, Izrenna, the lead in setting up the search for him. She is the one who, by rights of storytelling, should find himor who should at least control that part of the story. This is part of reading the nuances of the storyline.

There will be other times when other characters will take the lead in a particular activity. Learn to watch for these kinds of things so you know when your character will take the lead and when he or she will sit back.

For instance, the loss of horse and supplies and the loss of Hading will be the logical concern of my character. Thus, Ćlfritha will not join the group to find Deorlin; she will sit that action out, so to speak. But other characters might want to help her recover the supplies, just as others might help Anglachel bury Hading.

Also, remember to follow through with the logical consequences of actions, such as allowing sufficient time and detail for the recovery of Deorlin from the river. Who else gets wet, if anyone? Do we need to light a fire to warm ourselves? Have the horses sustained any injuries? Are they spooked? Do we need to calm them down? Deal with the implications and realities of each event before running headlong into the next plot development.

Also, this is winter in Rohan; weather is very cold. References to warmth are misplaced and so they should be changed, unless we are dealing with Mordor, which has a different climate. And we aren't there yet.

If you have an idea for a particular kind of interaction with another character, be sure to PM the writer to see if it will fit in with what he or she has planned for the character. Don't set up anything for other characters without first getting their writers' permission.

Some of the suggestions I've made in PM will require substantial editing and some posts which are fine now will have to be changed as a result of that editing.

I'll post here in the discussion thread when all the changes have been made and we are ready to post again as the pursuers.

The horse thieves should continue posting. Here's your chance to catch up!

And again, if any of you have any concerns or questions about this, please PM me.

Bethberry
Old 01-06-2003, 12:38 AM   #107
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

Sadbh and all other thieves...
Quote:
Maika, do you have any specific plans for your next post which was 'Saved'?
No, I haven't planned anything. I saved a slot to make sure that we wouldn't get too far behind. It really makes no sense if the people pursuing us are actually ahead of us. Which is why I have made that "save" so any or all of you guys can get a post in there. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll put your post in there. If no one wants to use it, I'll just delete it again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2003, 01:53 AM   #108
Deorlin
Animated Skeleton

Deorlin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

To the pursuers:

I'm sorry for all the confusion I may have generated. Although Bethberry's PMs may change some of this around, here is what I meant for my character to be doing:

I thought when we camped the first night out,we were all still on the north shore of the river. When we left our camp the second morning of pursuit, I rode ahead. I made it to the ford (of the Snowbourne) ahead of the group, crossed over to the south bank, and had just ridden a short way up the bank when the wargs attacked me. I was unhorsed (from Sami)and driven into the river. I fell in and drifted some way down, and ended up back on the north bank, in the shallow water.

Pio, I know your wargs killed Sami, the chestnut horse I borrowed in Edoras. I was just asking that no-one kill my own horse, Frey, who is the dun that Sadiya is still riding (I hope). At least I didn't see any reference to him being killed yet. Well, anyway, no big deal.

Deorlin
Old 01-06-2003, 02:01 AM   #109
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

I'm alive!!! *panting*

Sorry, great bloody mess. What with thievery, visas, hotels... etc. Hong Kong is a mess this time of year. Don't go there if you can avoid it. Just kidding. For anyone who cares, I had a blast.

I'll post now on the game thread, assuming my character is still alive, and no-one else has taken complete control of him.

Again, sorry about this whole stinking mess.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 01-06-2003, 08:02 AM   #110
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

So good to see you, Garen. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You've been greatly missed.
Gormel is alive, but may not have received the best treatment. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2003, 08:40 AM   #111
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Welcome back in the nick of time, Garen Liborian. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

No problem with any of the confusion! This is all part of interactive gaming. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Deorlin,

Please see my PM for full details about our first night's camp. The pursuers are in the forest glade when Pio's whargs attack them. That means they must group after the attack and some of them go off in search of your character. We are not by the river.

And there are several other confusions to sort out, so you're not alone!

Everyone in the game,

I'll copy here the important characteristic of this game in the initial description:

Quote:
However, these are no ordinary horse thieves; the story provides yet another example of the dark times that are come upon Rohan in the years just before The War of the Ring.

As a chase, the purpose of the story is simple: to recover the horses, deal the thieves a resounding defeat, and return with the animals to The White Horse. It is possible this aim could be itself defeated. And there will be deaths along the way.
There are no guarantees that any of the stolen horses will be recovered. There are no guarantees that any of the characters (except for Ćlfritha, who will shortly join a currently ongoing game, where she could well die) will survive, in either group of thieves or pursuers.

Please see the discussion about the difficulty of using your nick for gaming in the rules in the Golden Hall. This is why I had asked you, Deorlin, if you were sure you wanted to use your nick for the character in this game.

This game is not a 'time travel' game of 'what would have happened if'. It follows the chronology and events faithfully of the Third Age. This means that nothing can happen which will give any character any knowledge which would have changed the direction of events in LOTR. We will experience the beginning of the dark times which come upon Rohan, but nothing which would alert Theodon to Saurman's treachery or Grima's falsehood or the rise of Sauron. If we do learn anything specific (as opposed to vague, general unease), we will pretty much be toast, folks.

Bethberry

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 01-06-2003, 11:07 AM   #112
Airerűthiel
Wight

Airerűthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This post is to offer a genuine apology to the group in general for messing up the story due to inaccurate posts and edits to said posts, and certain people who have claimed rights to certain events in particular (I believe you know who you are - at least Bethberry does anyway) for stealing your plotlines or any details of these.

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Airerűthiel ]
Old 01-06-2003, 11:30 AM   #113
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

1420!

Bethberry, does your last post here indirectly answer one of my PMs?

I have a good feeling about this... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2003, 01:58 PM   #114
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Alright, alright, Im back! I was only gone for, what, three days? This is a fast game...

Maika...lovely, thankyou for that, I will reply directly. Hmmm...welcome back Garen. Well, that knocks out my plans for you. And twould have been so easy right now...ah well, Kane will have to make an attempt I think, even if some pesky henchman comes to stop him.

But we will deal with Bhurthnin methinks. Hes a NPC isnt he? And how to deal with him...ah ha! A plan has formed.

Hmmm, is Helka going to be joining us?
Old 01-06-2003, 02:37 PM   #115
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

The Eye

Aman, I warn you! Don't let Kane get any "ideas"... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Garen, check your PMs.

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 01-06-2003, 03:33 PM   #116
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Who, me? Aw, Maika, Im hurt? Would a gentleman like Kane honestly try anything with an honourable lady like Rhana? *Yeah, now I really need the MSN angel smiley...*

Hmmm, I cant post again with the evil plot til Garen gives permission...thats pesky...
Old 01-06-2003, 04:20 PM   #117
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Wight

Orofacion of the Vanyar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofacion of the Vanyar
Thumbs up

Bethberry,

Ulfeg was to meet the thieves at the eastern shore of the Snowborne. I suppose I could clarrify my inital post placing it a few days before his arrival at the river.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:01 PM   #118
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Quote:
This post is to offer a genuine apology to the group in general for messing up the story due to inaccurate posts and edits to said posts, and certain people who have claimed rights to certain events in particular (I believe you know who you are - at least Bethberry does anyway) for stealing your plotlines or any details of these.
It is okay. I can see by the number of posts you have that you are fairly new, at least, to this board. You should have seen me when you first started out! Do not worry: you will improve and, at least by my standpoint, no offense is taken. I did not even mean for Izręnna to really take over. If you know me, that was the last thing I would intend...*Prays that she doesn't completely mess up the RPG now that she's been given this responsibility...*

Okay...is my post okay? Yell at me if it isn't...or calmly tell me what to change. I would prefer the second, but...

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 01-07-2003, 05:25 AM   #119
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Deorlin,

You need to read and follow the directions and comments here in the Discussion thread far more closely. Here are two comments I posted, as the Game Owner, for all of the Rohan pursuers. The first is from a post of Jan 5 at 6:49 pm; the second is from Jan 5 at 10:36:

Quote:
Please refrain from posting until we can straighten out what is happening ....

I'll post here in the discussion thread when all the changes have been made and we are ready to post again as the pursuers.

The horse thieves should continue posting.
However, you have posted today, Jan 7 at 1:20, before the Game Owner has given that go-ahead. While your post does not contain anything which will create confusion, it does suggest that you do not understand the cooperative nature of RPGing and you do not understand the importance of following the strategy discussions which take place in the Discussion thread. These are both crucial aspects of gaming.

Lugbúrz,

We'll straighten the specific details out in PM, but you're on the right track .... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Oro ,

Thanks so much for making a smoother transition between your two posts!

*curtsies cordially*

Vanima,

Yell? When, my dear, have I ever yelled at you? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Your post is fine, although you could make more reference to Beowulf and Corrin, to allow Estel and Gryphon to post as part of the rescue. One point you might reconsider seriously is whether you really want to split Izręnna and Deorlin off from the group of pursuers by leaving them behind. After all, this confusion came about because in the first place Deorlin split his character apart from the group. It is easier to keep track of everyone if we are all in the same place.

All Rohan Pursuers,

Good work making those changes! Mix ups like this can often doom a game, but you all have come through with great efforts. The confusion has been cleared up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The game is now open for posting by the Pursuers as well as the Thieves.

Here is where things stand:

Anglachel, Ćlfritha, Malienna, Maikadurion are waiting back in the glade for the rescuers to return.

Izrenna has pulled Deorlin out of the water, packed him on her horse, and is returning him to the glade. Corrin and Beowulf are with them.

What we need now: A campfire to warm the wet ones. A decision on whether Izrenna stays behind with Deorlin while the others ride on to catch the thieves--and a discussion of what this entails. An accounting of how many riders we have and how many horses and who will ride with whom. Individual posts are of course quite appropriate, but perhaps Anglachel should do a final summarizing post to head us out?

All,

The game now takes us south along the Entwash, towards Minas Morgul. There is water between us and Mordor.

Bethberry

[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 01-07-2003, 11:11 AM   #120
Anglachel
Animated Skeleton

Anglachel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Pursuers,

Glad to see we are back on track. Feel free to use today to make any final posts for your character prior to us continuing the pursuit. At some point tonight, probably later unless no one posts during the day, I will take us across the river (the Snowbourne, not the Entwash - that remains to be crossed) and into the next stage of the journey.

Thanks.

[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: Anglachel ]