Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2002, 01:03 PM   #1
Arcanjo

Sting RP: Crimson Sword

OK, my first post here will be an RP, and I hope you guys join and enjoy it.

Please, keep things as reasonable as possible and try to actually go deep into your character. I shall also ask you to post a short profile of your characters in your first post of this topic, so we all can know who the characters are.

I shall take place as Calixto, an elf archer warrior who has been with the Rafflensher royal family for many of its generations. And I shall also be other characters in this RP in its course of development.

Have fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2002, 01:04 PM   #2
Arcanjo

Sting

This is the story of a sword, a sword that had existed for more than many human lifetimes, and that had brought an end to more lifetimes than one may count. This is the story of a sword that killed kings, destroyed kingdoms, saved helpless people in danger and created heroes that went on time to become legends or even more: myths.

It all started when the world was young and rich, when time was friendly, when forests went deep into the land, when the mountains were unexplored and everything was new. In those days, there was a dragon, a fierce red dragon with wide spreading wings, fire burning breath, heart freezing eyes, stone hard skin and god-like anger. This dragon was and is, for he still lives, Smyern. Smyern was the Lord of many many lands, feared and hated in all corners of the Earth, every living being who could speak was afraid of saying his name, al that could listen were afraid of listening to his name.

Smyern was omnipotent in his will, and nothing could stop him, until, one day, the gods were bothered by him. Not that Smyern would challenge the gods, but these gods thought that Smyenr was not letting the world blossom into all the beauties that they, the gods, had forseen. Se the 9 mighty gods united and decided to put an end to Smyern’s realm of terror. The 9 mighty decided to send a holy warrior, of remarkable power, unique strength, solid determination and pure will to challenge and destroy Smyern. So then they created Horus.

Horus was sent to the world to challenge Smyern, and so he did.

Horus and Smyern fought for years and years. They destroyed much of the world, flattened mountains, dissipated landscapes, displayed more power than these words may describe. After timeless fighting, Horus defeated Smyern, as he struck his mighty blade deep into Smyern’s chest, but Horus perished. For Horus was in flames as he gave his last blow, and the flames consumed him, leaving nothing but his sword inside Smyern’s chest.

Smyern fell to the ground and slept for eras and eras, having the world regrown under and over him. On the day Smyern awoke, he had less than a shadow of all the powers he once had, and he then decided to fly to the Dragon Lands, where all dragons go when they are ready to meet eternity. Smyern dwells there now. But Horu’s bade was still in Smyern’s chest as he woke up, and it got lose from Smyern’s chest when he awoke, having fallen to the ground. But Howu’s blade had been in Smyern for so long, that it had become stained red as Smyern’s blood once were, and such stain was eternal, so it became the Crimson Sword.

Many Men, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes came across the Crimson Sword through time, and each of them claimed it to themselves, and the Crimson Sword was taken from and to all parts of the world until the day it came to the hands of King Rafflensher XXIII, of the Kingdom of Rafflensher.

Rafflensher XXIII, as all of the kings that had preceded him, died in combat. Rafflensher died in the Hill Lands of Tor-Naman, and the Orcs of Tor-Naman laid their hands of the Crimson Sword and they took it deep into the Rargtor Mountains.

You, my dear RP players, are what is left of the Rafflensher’s Royal Guard, and you must be on a journey to claim back the Sword that was once of Rafflensher XXIII. The journey starts as you leave the gates of the Rafflensher castle, you shall only return once the Crimson Sword is recovered.

The first part of your journey shall be getting on the road and heading towards Wyilin, the last city of the Kingdom of Rafflensher.

Old 05-21-2002, 06:00 AM   #3
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Sounds eerie, very well written and very Ancient Egyptian. Maybe it would make a better fanfic.

Now that's two very new members posting for Indy RPGs. Excellent.

But shouldn't you people get into the pre-existing ones to get a feel of this forum and the gameplay at the RPGs.

Try it, you'll like it.

I will join this RPG as it is a good story.
But first - Make two threads, one for the Discussion and one for the game, so thaT the game isn't interrupted by all the intros and OOC posts.

Great possibilities here, good luck!
Old 05-21-2002, 07:01 AM   #4
Arcanjo

Sting

Calixto stands besides the closed gates of the Rafflensher Castle, it is a foggy cold morning of the early autumn days and the sun has yet to show it's intent for the day. And then he says: Are we all ready? The journey shall be long and we do not have a fixed date to return.

Old 05-23-2002, 10:20 AM   #5
Arcanjo

Sting

C'Mon guys, all you have to do is post in here, it's not that hard.

Old 05-23-2002, 04:49 PM   #6
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gwyn, the Green Lady of Rohan, shifted uneasily in the ranks of the Guard of Raffenshler. Her father had objected to her going, and she mused on his words now, which told her that if she did not take her rightful place among her people, she would come to no good end. Gwyn snorted. How could she help all people if not to labour against the forces of evil? That is why she had joined the Guard of Raffenshler.
Gwyn looked sideways at people she confessed to herself that she had never seen before. to her right was a man, presumably of Gondor with long white hair and startling grey eyes. To her left was an Elf maiden with uncharacteristic chestnut hair. Gwyn shrugged. She'd know them all too well soon enough.
She stared ahead at someone she did recognize: Calixto, who had been with the family before she was born, and was therefore considered an expert on the Raffenshlers. Gwyn sighed exasperatedly.
Could we just get going? she thought to heself, gazing around the gloomy castle courtyard with impatience.
Old 05-23-2002, 05:49 PM   #7
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard stood tall and proud at 6feet6, his white armour gleaming in the first rays of the pale morning sun, his white hair blowing in the soft breeze. He held a longsword, a magnificient sword that was the pride of his family for generations.

He was a grim, silent man. His tragic past causing him to retreat in a shell. He enlisted to the forces of Raffenshler to have a purpose in this sorry life. He looked at the people near him, and the one who presumed to lead this journey. They were as detemrined as himself. He had nothing to live for, his wife and daughter being slaughtered by Sauron's minions, his life now is in the sevice of ridding the world of such things foul.

He looked over the horizon and watched a falcon swoop elegantly over the castle walls. Holding out his hand, he allowed the majstic bird to perch. Tickling it's beak, he whispered,"And how are you this fine day, my pretty! What news have you for me."

The bird cocked it's head and stared into his eyes and Bulvard seemed to know what it was thinking. He led his horse Arod by the reins and approached Calixto," I have bad news, there is an amassing of the creatures of shadow beyond the hill yonder.

"What course do you have in mind to set for this journey, Calixto?"
Old 05-24-2002, 03:36 PM   #8
Arcanjo

Sting

Bulvard, I am thinking on us going through the hill lands and then crossing the Leftrex River. It's the fastest way and we shall arrive at Wyilin in no more than 5 days.

Calixto then looks at everyone, and notices some suspicious faces and some not so animated faces. - Worry not my friends, we will come back with the Crimson Sword, and we shall honor Rafflensher XXIII. May our journey start now. - Calixto jumps over Clifftail, his horse, and they go on through the road.

As they follow through the road, Calixto asks to Bulvard - What about the creatures Bulvard, what do you imagine them to be?

Old 05-25-2002, 02:04 PM   #9
Wight

Sting

Gwyn mounted her Palomino horse, Jael, and started off, following Calixto and his comrade, Bulvard.
"There are Wargs to the North," she answered Calixto's question to Bulvard, "and the waters are dangerously cold at this time of year." Gwyn nodded politely to Bulvard. "You must be Bulvard, if I'm not mistaken?"
Old 05-26-2002, 09:46 AM   #10
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Sting

Elwyn turned to Gwyn and tried to smile encouragingly. "I am getting a little impatient myself. What precisely are we here for?" The gloominess of this courtyard was beginning to oppress the elf-maiden's heart. She longed for the clean air and greenish light of Mirkwood, her home. But she had joined the Guard of Rafflensher of her own free will, and would make the best of it. "If only there were some elves of Mirkwood here." she thought to herself.
Old 05-26-2002, 03:33 PM   #11
Wight

Sting

Gwyn smiled - using her most common expression, distant yet polite - and answered Elwyn's question:
"We are here to recover the Crimson Sword of Raffenshler III," Gwyn said, "It was stolen when Raffenshler died." Gwyn sat back in her saddle, musing on days gone by. "I was on border patrol - protecting innocent villagers and the like - when the news reached me. I had wanted to go with the rest of the guard to the Wars, but I thought it best to stay where I thought I was needed." Gwyn's face took on a wry smile, laughing inwardly at her own mistake, "But it seems that my thinking was incorrect."
Old 05-27-2002, 02:11 AM   #12
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard looked at the two women as they conversed, they were beautiful to the eye, but Bulvard was far removed from such pleasure, his heart was heavy and his thoughts grim. They were worthy comrades in a common cause none more.

Turning to Calixto, he said,"My falcon, Aronja gives me sight beyond sight, she tells me that there is a legion of foul beings gathering across those hills, the Lady Gywn is correct, there are many of the Warg among them."

Looking at the Lady Gwyn he said, "Yes, Milady, I am Bulvard, a man of Gondor, if I remember well, I believe I served with your brother in battle, alas I am sory for his fate."

"You have suffered a loss as great as mine, man of Gondor, there is no need to be sorry," The Lady Gwyn answered, smiling slightly.

Bulvard acknowledged Gwyn and nodded at Elwyn, she could be a few seasons older than his daughter he felt, if he would not have lost her those many ages ago. And he soon faded in this troubled thoughts.

The company rode on.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:36 AM   #13
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

The Viking Thunder has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Harolas rode his horse, Eldoros, hard and fast toward the gates of Castle Rafflensher. He was late to attend the summons and hurried on. Reaching the gates, he was lucky enough to catch up with the party that was just leaveing.

"Hail!," he yelled,"Do not leave without me."
"Make haste then, stranger." someone said.
"I am Harolas of Mirkwood, I wish to be a part of this company," the elf replied.

He urged Eldoros on and caught up with the leading group of the party.
There was another elf with them, a young and beautiful elf from Mirkwood. Harolas had seen her before but hadn't quite met her. He approached her and nodded.

She smiled and said,'Welcome, fair Harolas, I am Elwyn Arianwen of Mirkwood,"
"Yes, fair maiden, I know," Harolas smiled back. and she smiled again.
The others were far more grim than them in this company. The most sullen was a white haired man, possibly of the Gondor, he silently rode on a white horse, almost no expression on his stony face and alongside him rode a beautiful lady, a human possibly of Rohan, she hardly spoke either but smiled at Harolas when he joined the group.
The Leader of the group, a tall young elf, elegant and stately rode ahead alone.

Eldoras was tired and in need of a good drink, they would soomn near the river, Leftrex.

Harolas began to hum a soft tune and hoped Elwyn would join in.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:56 AM   #14
Wight

Sting

Gwyn smiled at the newcomer, although she was inwardly wishing that Bulvard had not mentioned her brother. Thengel II had been rash, stubborn, and often foolish, but he was also brave, courageous and kind. Gwyn had admired and loved her younger brother, and she was hit the hardest when he died in Gondor.
Trying to tear herself away from troubled thoughts about troubling memories, Gwyn instead looked at Bulvard's falcon.
"Aronja is a great falcon," she told him, "when and where did she join you?"
Old 05-28-2002, 02:54 AM   #15
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard noticed the newcomer, an elven archer was always welcome. But he made no acknowledgement, instead he turned his grey, paladin-like eyes on the Lady who addressed him.

A faint shadow of a smile creased ever so slightly across his graven expression, albeit with much effort.

He replied, "I have had the company of this fine creature since the days she was a mere fledgling. She has served me well, she is my extended vision. A strange occurance has allowed me to know what she thinks and sees. I do not fully understand the machinations of this gift."

The Lady Gwyn looked admiringly at Aronja and smiled," She is also very beautiful and elegant, a queen among her kind."

Bulvard nodded and turned to face the path ahead, it was long, hard and treacherous. This was a dangerous quest and might verily cost some of this company dearly.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:23 AM   #16
Arcanjo

Sting

Wargs - Thought Calixto to himself - those wargs must be comming down from Hill-Lands. Wyilin will be in great danger if they plan to attack it. Deep thoughts troubled Calixto, as he wondered if they would already face perils having not even left the Kingdom.

** Bulvard, how far away are the Wargs? Can Aronja tell you where they are heading to? **

Old 05-28-2002, 06:58 AM   #17
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

The Viking Thunder has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Harolas moved up toward Calixto and rode alongside. He nodded at the Elegant elf and asked, " What manner of threat do we face, will a few archers and swordsmen suffice against the evil that the bird has spotted ? Should we not await for the arrival of sturdy comrades before we brashly undertake on this perilous quest?"

Calixto looked at Harolas, irritation writ across his brow at this impudent young one challenging his authority. "Time is what I have little of to spare, Elf of Mirkwood,' he said, " Even as we speak the Crimson Sword nears the grasp of the evil ones, all will be lost if we tarry any longer. Fear not for there are many friends and allies to aid us as we go along."

Harolas nodded again and dropped back, letting the steel eyed Bulvard and the beautiful Gwyn pass him by. As he sidled up to Elwyn, he smiled and said, " We may be in for more than bargained for." She nodded and whispered, " But we are ready for all such eventualities."

Harolas resumed his hummed song and Elwyn joined in softly.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:45 AM   #18
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elwyn smiled quietly. Her wish had been granted. She had never met Harolas before, but already she felt as if she knew him. The song he hummed was one that reminded her of her childhood in Mirkwood.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:06 AM   #19
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Elanor Istavaira sat astride her beautiful mare, slightly away from the others, looking around at them. She always tried to remain calm- emotion was not something she tried to show that openly- but she felt excitment bubbling up inside her.
Being a powerful magick user she could easily press into others minds, constantly feeling the press of others thoughts against hers.
"....i wish there were other elves of mirkwood here..."
She turned to look at the nervous looking elf near her. Forgetting herself, she didnt realise the elf hadnt spoken aloud and replied.
"Sorry, I cant help you there, human through and through!" She drawled smiling. Elwyn looked at her surprised and Elanor realised her mistake, but not really being one for apologising OR being embarrased, she covered it up.
"Oops!" She said, not embarrassed, more cynical. Elwyn gaped for a moment at her, still wondering, before holding out her hand to the human.
"Im Elwyn, elf of mirkwood."
"Elanor Istavaira, witch of nowhere in particular." She did not accept the hand, not meaning to be unfriendly but not being used to being so sociable, or trusting. Elwyn lowered her hand uncertainly, but realised the mysterious witch wasnt being nasty.
Elanor looked up to the sky, greying, and didnt need to use any fancy skills to make her next comment. "Looks like we're in for nice weather then." Her voice was sarcastic as ever. "Rain. Yay."
As the group started to move Elanor put up her dark, midnight blue hood, almost covering her face. She sighed in anticipation, slinging her staff across her back in its sling.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:32 PM   #20
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The tall white haired man looked over his shoulder at the hooded woman. She was one versed in the dark arts of magick, of things Bulvard didn't understand much and feared. He looked away as she gave him a wry smile.

"The warg are moving along the northern rim of the hills, they will be upon Wylin in a day and half. We need to intercept and deter them." His voice low and cold, Bulvard answered Calixto.

Calixto looked grim, he hadn't expected his war party to be tested this early, but no matter, he had faith in this gathering. Warg were mindless killers, easy prey for seasoned warrior the likes of which he had assembled. But Orcs and Uruks would pose a greater challenge.

"We will stop them from advancing any further," said Calixto, " Onward!"

Bulvard patted Arod and let Aronja soar up ahead, he unsheathed his ancient longsword.

The horses reared up and galloped ahead. The hunt was underway.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:17 AM   #21
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elwyn drew her sword, smiling a little to herself. Finally, a battle. This was for what she had been trained. She stared fearlessly ahead as the first Warg charged the guard. A large black warg was leading them, his eyes red. He leapt for her horse, attempting to rip it's throat out. Seeing her sword was no use against this beast, Elwyn pulled her spear out of it's loop on her saddle.
Old 05-29-2002, 01:55 PM   #22
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor caught one of the mercenaries eyes, and smiled wryly at him. He turned away embarrassed and...hurt? So many emotions were churning inside him. Who would have thought so brutal would think so much? She resolved to get to know him better...
Looking forward sharply the witch saw the pack of wargs approaching. Ah. She thought. I can only get to know him if there is actually a later though. Rain and a fight against wargs. Fun.

The red eyed leader gave a deep, eerie howl and leapt forward. Elanor gulped inwardly; she was not used to battling with such creatures.
The wargs leapt forward, teeth bared and one landed right on Elwyn beside her, who attacked it with a spear. Looking around again, the witch saw another one coming straight towards her, eyes gleaming. No time for magic. More sudden measured are needed here!
She sat stock stil, her hands in the wide sleeves of her cloak, as the beast rushed towards her.She satred it straight in the eye with her own rather unnerving ones. The warg leapt and she still did not move until it was flyingover the haorse head towards her...
Quick as an adder, she whipped out one of the golden sais in her sleeve, stcking it deep into the creatures chest. The creature whimpered as its snarl died on its lips and
it fell dead to the ground.
All around her her comrades were fighting couragiously, but it seemed to a losing battle.
More desperate measures are called for methinks... she thought as she removed the staff from its sling on her back...
Old 05-29-2002, 10:32 PM   #23
Wight

Sting

With skill borne of years of practice, Gwyn drew her sword and swiftly ended the life of the nearest Warg. To distract herself from the pain she felt about her brother, Gwyn occupied herself in the aiding of her comrades and companions from the Orc menace. Even as she fought, Gwyn could not help wondering about the others - whom, try as she might to prevent it, she was already attached to - and how they were faring. With a glance out of the corner of her eye, never once distracting her main gaze from her foes, and smiled. She knew then that she had joined up with the best fighters in Middle Earth, and she feared not for their safety. Like a human whirlwind Gwyn tore through the Wargs, going at a steady pace, unti the teeth of one especially bold Warg - although he paid for his bravery - bit Gwyn on her swordarm, leaving a wound from elbow to wrist. Gwyn nearly dropped her sword then, as she shook off the Warg and turned from the battle. At the back of the lines she fell from the horse, and tired to bandage her wounds. She cursed herself inwardly for letting her guard down, for allowing that Warg to penetrate her defences. The pain was too much for Gwyn, and she damned her weakness as she felt herself slipping into unconciousness.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:06 AM   #24
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

With careful and precise strokes of his ancient longsword, Bulvard hewed off a few heads of the wargs that surrounded him. Hearing a cry he turned to find the Lady Gwyn fall off her horse, but a few well aimed arrows from the elf archers slew every warg that moved in toward her unconcious form.

The two young women fought well, one appeared to be in awe of the predicament while the other enjoyed herself. Calixto fired rapid succession of arrows at the warg that were still pouring out from across the hillside in vast numbers.

Bulvard rode into the mass of feral beasts that kept up the onslaught and his sword flashed bright amidst the splattering of blood and warg body parts. His eyes wore a look of pain and hatred as he tore into the foul creatures. Aronja, the magnificent falcon darted in and out around her master, her searing talons and sharp beak a reminder to the warg that her kind made more than a meal of them. Arod, Bulvard's elegant white stallion too took to crushing warg skulls under his heavy hooves with gusto, emitting frightened and excited neighs.

The Wargs fell in large numbers around them, the war party sustained injuries but none fell so far. Jael stood, nostrils flaring, over her mistress The Lady Gwyn as she lay still near slain warg, Bulvard looked at Gwyn with some concern, but his attention was soon diverted to the onrushing warg that enveloped the area around him.

The battle grew fierce, Calixto stood tall and proud, arrows flying from his bow faster than human eyes could percieve, he was aided by Harolas, an excellent archer in his own right. Elwyn used her long spear to good effect, skewering two to three warg at a time. The strange one Elanor, brandished stranger weapons and weaved her way through the warg.... she appeared to be moving toward Bulvard who was a tad busy to notice, but he would surely appreaciate the help.

The warriors would have to prevail over this first hurdle at any cost for many harsher ones awaited them.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:25 AM   #25
Arcanjo

Sting

Calixto was shoting arrows with mortal precision, but the Wargs were much sronger than would meet the eyes. Their flesh was thick and hard, taking more than a single arrow to wound them.

Calixto quickly ran out of arrows, so he grabbed his sword, Amnetiz, and engaged in melee combat. Amnetiz was a marvelous sword, having been made in the days of old, before Calixto's father was alive. In battle, Amnetiz would glow green and cut deep into the Wargs flesh, proving itself to be much more effective than mere arrows. But it was still a difficult fight, and no Warg would fall with ease and much blood was spilled over the land.

The fight was not over when, suddenly, the Wargs turned back and escaped into the distance, leaving their dead companions behind. They were running towards Wylin, following a distant, but mighty, evil and terrifying howl. It was the leader of the pack that had summoned the Wargs. They were running towards Wylin!

Calixto ran towards Gwyn as she closed her eyes and fell to the ground.

*** Gwyn, wake up! ***

The wound on her arm was ulgy and would bleed constantly. The party would first have to take care of Gwyn if they later wanted to chase the Wargs towards Wylin.

Old 05-31-2002, 01:36 PM   #26
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor paused, her hand on the staff, not willing to use it so soon, but was saved having to choose by the cry. Looking up sharply, she elbowed the nearest warg in the teeth and saw a woman lying on the ground; Gwyn. Sighing, she concentrated her mindand forced the air backwards, making the wargs yelp and tumble. Along with the next layer of the archers arrows, this made up their minds to go insearch of easier pray and with a round of howls they were off.
The sorceress dismounted and ran towards the Gwyn, lying on the ground. Grabbing her wrist, she noted with suprise the long deep cut on the womans arm.
"Its Ok, shes alive." The man near her looked at her, smiling with relief. He extended a hand. "Calixto."
"Elanor Istavaira."
"Ah, a "spell weaver"? Useful." He smiled nervously at her, still worried about the woman on the ground.
The mercenary, Bulvard, who Elanor had noticed earlier came over and helped Calixto to lift Gwyn and lie her over Calixtos horse, but he avoided Elanors eyes. With a shrug, she took Gwyns horse, easily able to control two horses.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:18 PM   #27
Wight

Sting

"W-wargs..."
With a groan, Gwyn struggled to sit up. Then she remembered. With a snort of disgust Gwyn pulled her body up, regardless of her aching back and arm. The bleeding had stopped, and wordlessly Gwyn began to dress the wound. How could she have been so stupid to let the Warg injure her? Out of the corner of her eye, Gwyn surveyed her comrades. What they must think of her, now that she had proved useless.
Gwyn stood up, wobbling slightly, but she held herself up by Jael's reigns.
"I am ready to move on now." Gwyn told Bulvard, coolly taking control of her horse. "I am quite well." she added, lying through her teeth. She still had quite a lot to prove, after all, and she could not accomplish anything lying ill on the grass. Painfully she mounted Jael and gazed rather defiantly at her friends, grateful as she was for their concerns.
Old 06-01-2002, 04:59 PM   #28
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn and Harolas stood a little apart from the group. He was tending to his bow, rubbing oil on it to keep it flexible. She was brushing Celebdae. Together, they talked of Mirkwood. Elwyn had not been back for much time, and was excited to hear news of her homeland. They talked and laughed for quite some time, until it was time for her sentry duty.
Old 06-01-2002, 05:22 PM   #29
Wight

Sting

Gwyn felt slightly bored and rather lonely sitting by herself. Well, she was with Jael, but one cannot carry on an intelligent conversation with a horse. Gwyn spotted Bulvard sitting by the fire, sharpening his sword.

"Hello." she said, approaching him and sitting down on a log next to the warmth of the fire. When he did not answer, Gwyn began again.
"How did you come to work for Raffenshler?"
Old 06-04-2002, 10:27 AM   #30
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor was waiting for Elwyn at the side of the camp, lounging in a tree and polishing her sais as she stared over the plain.
"Well just because it sounds good and its the traditonal to say so...Ive been expecting you!" Her ever sarcastic voice dropped and became slightly sinister, before she laughed and her hand came down to pull up the startled elf. Elwyn laughed as she was pulled up. "Do you always act like this my friend?" She asked jokily.
"Well, of course, why else do you think Im shunned by all, including my own kind?!" She dropped backwards meledramatically, catching herself with one hand on a branch. Her voice seemed to be kidding, but something deeper was in its undercurrent, suggesting it was not all quite a joke.
"Elanor, Im sure it-" She stopped in mid sentance staring over the plain at the dark shaped now moving there. Elanor sat up, looking in the same direction and without a word she flicked her fingers into a dome and a small illusion formed there. She stared into it for a moment before nodding as if satisfied. "Orcs." she whispered. "Lets tell the others." Silently they dropped out of the tree and made their way back to the campfire.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:58 AM   #31
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Tumnaooriel winced as the orc tightened the cords around her wrists, making them bite even deeper into her pale skin, but at least now her feet were freed and she was beginning to regain the feeling in her cramped legs. She wriggled her toes, only for the orc to stamp on them hard with his metal-shod boots before pulling her roughly to her feet. He drew his blck dagger and held it to her throat.
"Make a sound, or try to escape, and my blade will taste your blood." He whispered cruelly into her ear, his breath stinging her nose, but she knew there were too many orcs for her to escape alive and she bit her lip and began to stumble forward as best she could.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:27 PM   #32
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn and Elanor crept forward through the trees, heading for the orcs. There had been no time to alert anyone else in the camp, so the sorceress and the warrior were on their own. Walking silently as only elves can, they appeared to sink into the trees they hid behind.
Suddenly, Elwyn imitated a birdsong to get Elanor's attention. When the other maiden was looking at her, Elwyn gestured over to another elf maiden being bound by the orcs. She had dark hair, and a quietly resigned expression on her face, but winced in pain as one of the orcs kicked her viciously. Elanor's eyes widened at such treatment, but Elwyn grinned fiercely. After looking at her, Elanor did too. She could tell what Elwyn had in mind...
Old 06-07-2002, 01:46 PM   #33
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Are you nearly done?" Elwyns voice came with a whole load of irritation to Elanor.
"For an esteemed elf of Mirkwood, youre awfully whiny!" The witches voice came sharply back to Elwyn. "Im sorry. Its just feature changing spells were never my speciality, especially not on this scale! Are you done though?"
"Ooooh yeah." Elwyn glanced distastfully at her attire; Her hands were bound behind her, pulled tightly and cruelly, so the blood made the ropes slippy. Her clothes were ragged, and cuts covered her body. Soon an ugly orc appeared from behind the tree, a whip in its gnarled hands, and Elwyn caught her breath before Elanors voice came eerily from the creatures mouth.
"Dont look so worried! Whats wrong, is it the hair?" She mocked being worried, brushing back the scrubby mess on her scalp. "Now...is the rope a slipknot? I cant ahve you getting stuck! Right..youre actual clothes are hidden behind the tree? Good... and remember, if you touch the fake blood too much, it will start to wear off." She glanced down at herself. "Ooh, I hate feature changers. Hang on." She shook her head and made a sound as if trying to clear her throat.
"Right." She grabbed the rope behind Elwyn, who was now quite scared despite herself, gave it a tug and snarled in a deeper woice, laced with hate. "Lets go find some orc, my pretty young creature!"
With that, the unrecognizable duo set off towards the other group of orcs.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:54 PM   #34
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn tried hard to look broken and defeated, trailing behind the evil looking orc that was Elanor.
"This prisoner better be worth the trouble of rescuing." she mumbled, a little annoyed that SHE had to be the prisoner.
"Shut up. We're coming up on their camp!" Together, the disguised maidens walked into the ragged camp, directly towards the orc tying up the maiden.
"Ah, well, so we've both been lucky tonight." Elanor's voice was hard and sharp and gruff. Elwyn blanched at hearing her friend sound so cruel.
Old 06-08-2002, 06:15 AM   #35
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The orcs glanced up at the pair as they entered the camp. There was no time for hesitation. Elanor wrenched Elwyn forward and sent her sprawling in the mud, falling ungracefully as she could not catch herself. Elanor winced as she felt her friends pain, before hastily turning it into a squint.
"Looks like we've both been lucky tonight!" She cried in her harsh voice amid the cruel laughter of the orc.
However one suspicious orc stepped forward, his notched blade drawn. "And who would you be?"
Elanor thought fast. Her plan had got her just about up to her, before it trailed vaguely away, ending with a rescue. "I?" She said stalling. "Why shoul you know who I am? Still, as I see you have not gone entirely soft," She added quickly at the looks she was getting, and motioning towards the unknown captive. "I shall tell you. I am Shruz the harsh. I heard of you and knew you were the only crew i was fit to join!"
At this the dimwitted orcs smirked happily and the bold one put down his blade.
"Rencher the Impaler. We can add your booty to ours!" They all laughed uproarously and witch tried not to show her disgust.
"Come! You have proved yourself worthy by bringing this filthy creature of light to us. Now let us feast!" He motioned one of the orcs towards the prostrate Elwyn on the floor and without thinking 'Shruz' stepped in the way. Inwardly she kicked herself as she saw the expressions on the orcs faces before once again using her incredibly organised planning...aka making it up on the spot.
"I took this creature. I dont mean to question your honor," The orcs laughed quietly at the irony of that. "But she is mine to deal with. In fact to show my fealty to you, I shall secure the two elevs myself." She grinned lopsidedly as she pulled her friend to her feet. "Nice and tight!"I shall join you when I have finished." She grabbed the other elf and swaggered into one the tents, pulling the elves behind her, one terrified of the creatures who had held her hostage for so long, one unsure of her...friend?
Old 06-08-2002, 06:31 PM   #36
Aiwyn of the Eorlingas
Pile O'Bones

Aiwyn of the Eorlingas has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Ain was concealed, nestled in the branches of a large oak tree, sitting perfectly still and silent as she had been doing for the past four hours. She had not moved an inch in all that time, and her stallion, who was tied up several hundred yards away, had not made any sounds or sudden movements either.
Her longbow was draw, her arrow was cocked, and yet, still she made no move. The orcs were laughing merrily as they brought more prisoners into the encampment. Not her business. Not her problem. Her gray eyes, as fierce as a falcon's and as cold as ice, locked in a perpetual glare, were fixated on the camp. She was here to study. Kill and study and learn more about the orcs and their physiology and their weaknesses. Weaknesses that she could exploit, if need be. The wind was still blowing her scent away from the orcs. She was safe, from them at least.
She drew back her bow and gently pulled back her muddy travel cloak to make her shot-if she ever decided to shoot-more precise. She treasured every arrow in her quiver, and wasting a shot on an orc would be a personal disgrace.
"One," she whispered to herself, so quietly that only she could hear, as she leveled her bow at a laughing orc who was had his back to her. "I say one arrow, right to that hollow of his neck, just above that mail-shirt, and he'll die right away. Never did get the chance to study these creatures enough," she mused, pulling back the string as tight as it would go. "What a fine opportunity."
She took little notice of the newest of the orcs leading the Elven prisoners into the tents. She didn't care about them. The jayfeather tail of her nocked arrow flitted lightly in the breeze.
In the midst of all their merrymaking, the orcs didn't hear the small twang! of an arrow leaving its string. They did notice, however, one of their kinsman fall dead where he stood, a mahogany arrow tipped with bluejay feathers protruding from the back of his throat. Uproar and confusion immediatly followed.
Ain chuckled. It feels so good to stretch, she thought as she nocked another arrow and struck silently again.

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: Aiwyn of the Eorlingas ]
"But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn am I, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him!" -Éowyn, The Battle of Pelennor Fields

Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have...a penny.

There are approximatley 170 days until the release of 'The Two Towers'...ARRRRRRGGG!!!!!

Thank you for not smoking
Old 06-08-2002, 10:34 PM   #37
Wight

Sting

Gwyn rose from the fire and began to walk through the trees, considering her new comrades. Bluvard seemed mysterious, and Calixto wise. Elanor, Harolas, and Elwyn had all become friends. Gwyn sighed exasperatedly, thinking herself to be the only one in the company who was alone.

Her eye caught the faintest difference in the moonlight in the tree above her. Looking up, she saw a young woman in green tunic and leggings, holding a bow and aiming it expertly at the Orcs. Following the woman's gaze, Gwyn's eyes hardened. A young elf, dark-haired, was being held captive at the hands of the Orcs, along with her own comrade, Elwyn.

Silently Gwyn scaled the tree and alerted the woman to her presence. If this woman is aiming at Orcs, Gwyn thought, she must be helping my friend, and if she's helping my friend - Gwyn bit her lip - she was an ally.
Old 06-09-2002, 05:23 AM   #38
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

If Tumnaooriel had been the kind of person to swear, she would be swearing now as she was lead into a tent by an orc who had just appeared leading another elven captive. So far, she knew, she had been treated well by the foul creatures but now she was petrified, it was all she could do to stumble behind the other elf, and tripping over her own feet she noticed something which at first she did not dare to believe. A furtive galnce confirmed what she had seen, the elf's arms were tied in a slip-knot that could be undone easily at any time. Her eyes narrowed and she thought quickly, she had an ally, seemingly, and one who could swiftly and painlessly untie herself. But what then? Assuming they escaped from the camp unharmed, they would be miles from anywhere, alone and defenceless. And what if this elf refused to co-operate? Though trusting by nature, Tumnaooriel was also cautious and liked to consider the consequences of her actions before taking them. She bit her lip and exhaling calmly raised a bare foot, slicing it down through the air onto the orc's face even as he turned to her.
Old 06-09-2002, 01:44 PM   #39
Aiwyn of the Eorlingas
Pile O'Bones

Aiwyn of the Eorlingas has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Not many emotions could pierce through Ain's rock-like facial expressions. But surprise and shock always find ways through.
"Ah!" Ain cried softly as something tugged on her leggings, causing her to send her shot wild into a thicket in surprise. But it was only a woman, older than she was, that hoisted herself into the branch next to Ain.
"Peace. Be calm," she whispered as she noticed Ain's hand dart towards a dirk sheath on her belt. "I mean you no harm."
"Then what do you want?" Ain hissed. "I do not appreciate wasting arrows."
The woman didn’t seem taken aback. "Part of my company is being held captive inside that tent," the woman whispered, gesticulating towards the tent Ain had seen the orc lead the captives into only moments earlier. "I need to retrieve her so that my comrades and I can continue our quest."
"An orc took her in," Ain said. "I trust you saw that?"
"Yes."
"Who are you?"
"I am Gwyn, the Green Lady of Rohan."
At the mention of Rohan, Ain's heart felt heavy as her own experiences in Rohan with the Eorligas came back to haunt her. Her gray eyes trailed back up to look at the woman again, who was looking irritated, and staring back at her coldly as well.
“For Rohan. I am Ain,” she said. “You go get your comrade. I will provide you with a distraction.” Gwyn smiled slightly as she made to jump from the tree, but Ain caught her shoulder before she went.
“For Rohan,” she repeated sternly. Gwyn nodded, then slipped out of the tree again.
"But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn am I, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him!" -Éowyn, The Battle of Pelennor Fields

Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have...a penny.

There are approximatley 170 days until the release of 'The Two Towers'...ARRRRRRGGG!!!!!

Thank you for not smoking
Old 06-09-2002, 04:10 PM   #40
Wight

Sting

Gwyn was glad of Ain's assitance, but now she needed to help herself to rescue Elwyn, and the other Elf. Gwyn sighed, in spite of herself. Elves always needed rescuing.

Nonetheless, Gwyn crept quietly through the trees surrounding the Orcs' camp. She came across an arrow as she waited for Ain's 'diversion'. The arrow was well-made, and Gwyn felt a tinge of admiration for Ain.

Even though she was deep in the dark, on a rescue mission and without much hope of escaping without injury, Gwyn was glad to have another Rohirrim near, and decided to ask her to join their company. Silently Gwyn awaited Ain's diversion.