Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2002, 05:21 PM   #41
Aiwyn of the Eorlingas
Pile O'Bones

Aiwyn of the Eorlingas has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Gwyn was in place, waiting for a diversion from Ain. Ain took a steadying breath, then nocked another arrow, this one tipped with eagle feathers-her favorite one. One that had a lot of memories flowing through its shaft. Her arrows were dwindling. These shots would count. So far, she had been hitting stragglers, loitering on the outskirts of camp, nobodies that nobody would miss. She needed somebody in the middle of the merrymaking.
Rencher the Impaler was laughing about the new spoils that had just been added by Shruz the Harsh when an arrow tipped with eagle feathers pierced his heart. He fell backwards, and expression of shock frozen on his face. Uproar followed.
Ain nodded at Gwyn through the branches, though she was not sure if Gwyn could see her or not. But Gwyn had already gotten the idea and slipped from sight, into the tent. Ain briefly hoped that the orc that had led the two prisoners inside would not kill her.
But she had her own problems now.
“Elves!” an orc snarled, examining Ain’s arrows. “Elves! Elves have come for our spoils.” Ain felt humored, and a little flattered. He had confused her arrow-which had been made simply to pass the time on a long caravan run, but that was another story-with the impeccable workmanship of the Elves. Or maybe he was just a fool. Well, it didn’t matter: Gwyn had her diversion.
“Find the Elf!” the orc ordered her comrades. “Find him and kill him!”
‘Him’? Ain felt insulted now. “I am WOUNDED, Sir. Thy comment is unforgivable: thee die next,” she muttered, stringing another arrow and letting it fly. The one who had unknowingly insulted her fell dead as the arrow pierced his throat. There was another cry of rage, cursing the Elves.
“And that is thy just rewards,” Ain muttered as the orcs stormed past the tree lines, looking for the ‘Elves’.
"But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn am I, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him!" -Éowyn, The Battle of Pelennor Fields

Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have...a penny.

There are approximatley 170 days until the release of 'The Two Towers'...ARRRRRRGGG!!!!!

Thank you for not smoking
Old 06-09-2002, 07:24 PM   #42
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gwyn slipped into the tent and drew a dagger from her boot. The unknown elf on the ground looked even more frightened - if that was possible - at the sight of the gleaming weapon. Gwyn smiled, trying to wordlessly assure her that she was a friend. Elwyn recognized her, however, and smiled back.

Quickly Gwyn set to work, cutting through the bonds that held the elf fast in one stroke. The elf cradled her arms, rubbing life back into her limbs.

"We must be quick, and silent, if we're going to get out of here." Gwyn ordered. Both elves nodded solemnly, and followed Gwyn out of the tent - the opposite way she had entered. Now Gwyn spoke again.

"Take her back to camp." she told Elwyn, pointing to the newfound elf, "I have a friend to aid." Elwyn nodded, and the elves were gone. Gwyn returned to Ain's tree. A nod assured from Gwyn assured her that the rescue had been performed successfully.
Old 06-09-2002, 11:41 PM   #43
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

The elf thrashed out at elanors face and, unsure of this clumsy orc body, she ell backwards, narrowly missing striking her head.
Fuzzily she opened her eyes, trying to see Elwyn and got a major shock when she saw the arrow aimed from an elven bow at her throat from mere inches away.
"Hmmm, to shoot or not to shoot..." Elanor tried at a joke, hoping the grim elf would realise that she was not an orc. The bow came closer, now at point blanc range. Elanor almost yelped as the arrow nicked her neck and put her hands in the air. Focusing she willed herself to change, visualising her own human form. Back career move, the ef tightned the string as she saw the orcs form moving and let the arrow loose, narrowly missing the woman as she rolled to one side. She completed the change and stood up, looking widly around for Elwyn or that cursed other elf. She spun around the other way, as did the surprised bow wielding elf, as a pair of vicious looking orcs entered, blades drawn. The elf immediatley loosed of several arrows before eyeing Elanor. "I dont know what you are, orc or woman." She said carefully. "But if you have anything to do with those that have just got away, run now!"
Elanor nodded breathlessly and slid under the back of the tent into the chaotic camp, desperatley hoping she wouldnt be seen.
"Great. So this is what you get for being nice!Note to self; see any other cative elves, dont bother!" She muttered, stumbling away unnoticed hrough the camp...
Old 06-10-2002, 09:46 AM   #44
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Gwyn led a very distraught Elwyn back to camp.
"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!! Elanor is back there, disguised as an orc. If either you or your crazy henchwoman killed her, you will have me to deal with!"
"Calm down, girl. I do not know what happened to Elanor, but yelling at me will only anger me, not help her."
Old 06-10-2002, 01:32 PM   #45
Aiwyn of the Eorlingas
Pile O'Bones

Shield

Ain tried to get a grip on the situation: Gwyn had rescued one captive and taken her away. Another had just slipped out and followed. But there were sounds of fighting coming from inside the tent. Who else was left?
"This should NOT be MY dilemma..." Ain complained to herself as she slipped from the tree and landed on the ground. The orcs had almost abandoned their camp, looking for the 'Elf'. The otrhers had gone in to check on the prisoners. Must be what that scuffle was about.
Ain grabbed her Quarterstaff, which was sharpened on both ends like a stake, and sauntered over to the tent under the cover of the shadows. She was about to open the flap when a flustered Elf carrying a bow burst out. Ain snuck a glance in the tent before it closed: there were several orcs lying dead with arrows protruding from their chests and throats.
"Is that all?" Ain asked irritably, not bothering to disguise her anger. "Or are there MORE captives around here that I know nothing of?"
The Elf shook her head. "None."
Ain shuffled her Quarterstaff up in her hand. "Elves are swift, aye? They rambled over yonder," she said, pointing in the direction where Gwyn and the others had gone. "If thee be with them, go hither. If not, go where thou please."
"Where are you going?"
"I must retrieve my steed. Then, I must retrieve my arrow. Run swiftly, for the Orcs seek an Elf." The Elf took off in the direction where Gwyn and the others had gone.
Ain trekked silently through the woods until she came upon a chocolate-colored stallion bound to a tree by his simple rope reins. She unbound him and pulled him after her, in the direction where Gwyn and the others had gone. Back to their camp.
"But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn am I, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him!" -Éowyn, The Battle of Pelennor Fields

There are approximatley 170 days until the release of 'The Two Towers'...ARRRRRRGGG!!!!!

Old 06-11-2002, 02:38 PM   #46
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor swore under her breath as another orc thundered past the scrub she was poorly hiding behind. She glanced towards the trees and realised they were nowhere near as close as she had thought and said yet another word anyone would be shocked to hear a young maiden say. Sighing irritably she morphed once again into the orc form, a form which now came with strange and rather unnerving ease. Stepping out she tried to create the aura of brutish confidence, swaggering about. She yelled something almost uncomprehensible about seeing them going to the forest and made har way as rapidly as she could to the trees. Then she froze with fear. The number of hoofbeats had increased in number and she looked about to see more riders...including elves! They were in to much of a rish for her to see their faces, but almost jumped with joy and called out to them, remembering too late that she was in orc guise. One male elf reared his horse to turn and saw her standing frozen.
"So, one even calls for its death! I hear you beast!" Elanors eyes were wide as she stumbled backwards in the strange body, falling over the scrub as the rider reared over her. She groaned quietly and tried to change herself back; her concentration couldnt be gathered again though.
The rider drew his sword...she couldnt actually tell whether he was male or female in her panic, and as she fell the figure spun crazily as he advanced.
"No, you dont understand, Im not- damn this orc growl!" She gabbled desperatly at the man as he approached. "Please, Im not an orc, I-I really...Please...just pretend to kill, then i can get back to my camp!" She leapt on the idea, but the rider seemed not as keen, as he kept advancing. Did he look familiar? He held his blade high above her, seeing only a cowardly orc.
"I will do more than pretend foul creature!" Elanor closed her eyes as she waited for the blade to plunge into her...
Old 06-14-2002, 02:21 PM   #47
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor flinched as she heard a scream near her, then realised with surprise that it wasnt hers. Slowly she opened her eyes to see her attacker plunging his longsword into an orc near her. Further away the elf who had nearly killed her was whirling a quarterstaff taking out the creatures left, right and centre. Quickly deciding that an orcish disguise was not all it was hooked up to be and definitly not a good career move in the whole life deal. Closing her eyes she focused on her human appearance and got the bizzare gt wrenching feeling she knew shed never get used to when she changed appearance. Come to think of it, there might not be another chance to change. Her heightened senses warned her of danger, and she rolled to the side of the tree, snapping her eyes open to see her attacker wrenching his sword from the tree in the position where she had been before. Her eyebrows shot up as she saw it was Bulvard- his eyebrows shot up as he realised she was definitly not an orc. Whirling around he caught an orc in the arm, which certainly took away his attention. She ducked as an arrow flew at her head, before its owner was dispatched with a scream by Ain. Elanor flashed a smile at her before grasping wildly at the straps that held her sais, cursing under her breath as she remembered shed left them with her robe and Elwyns weapons behind the tree along the road. Elwyn! She stared around realising with a wrench that she had no idea where her friend had gone. She had no weapons at all as far as Elanor knew. At least Elanor had the orc blade-admitedly not brilliant, but still sharp...ish...
Elwyn must be somewhere in the forest...Elanor had got her into this mess, and Elanor was sooo going to get her out of it. Diving out of the way of another arrow Elanor made her way into the forest to find her the elf...
Old 06-15-2002, 09:40 AM   #48
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Tumnaooriel had been led quickly back to a camp by the other elf. She was relieved to be able to sit in relative comfort by a fire and rub the cramp and stiffness from her tired limbs. She was content to wait for the rest of the party of elves to return from raiding the orc camp, and would have been happy to wait even if the group had taken years to return.
She looked around the small clearing, examining every detail to learn as much as she could about her rescuers. She had a wisdom and patience which is innate and cannot be learnt, an ability to see and listen, and not to speak, allowing her to learn about others without giving away details about herself. Some people mistook her silence and solitude as self-interest, but in fact, she cared greatly about those around her. Her awareness of her faults led her to conceal herself from all but those closest to her to prevent others being hurt or disappointed by her short-comings.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:28 AM   #49
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor dived into the ditch behind the tree where her and Elwyn had changed and tried to blend into the ground. Orcs thundered past, men and elves after them and vice versa. After being threatened by two people who she had thought should be on her side, and being kicked in the face by the elf she was trying to rescue, she was only sure of one thing; there were way too many weapons flying around. She touched the side of her mouth and felt the blood trickling from it. Angrily she spat out trying to ignore the bitter taste.
Irritably she shifted as she felt something nobbly under her and checking there was no one near, she got up and felt around the ground underneath her. To her delight she found the sais under her robe. Slipping the robe on and sliding the sais into their straps she stealthily started running to the camp.

She reached the camp trying not to breathe to heavily and froze as she saw someone at the camp fire. They had a blanket around them so she could not see what manner of person it was. Sliding just one of her sais of its straps she crept up and dived on the creature, the main blade at its throat.
"Ahhhh! Get of me you filthy orc!" The creature gave a very un-orcish yell and kicked Elanor in the face with one long leg. Elanor, taken of guard, stumbled backwards, trying not to fall. Looking up she saw an elvish woman standing above her with a surprised look on her face.
"Youre...youre really not an orc are you?" She said warily. Elanor gave her a withering look which the elf returned with tired venom. Inside the human flinched; elvish eyes always seemed to carry about them such ancient wisdom, something which when you know you wont live even a tenth of ther lifespan, no human can ever easily match. The elf offered her hand to Elanor to pull her up. Elanor, not really a particularly trusting person ignored it, wiping her mouth where the blood was once again running. She was surprised to see the elf still hadnt withdrawn her hand, so Elanor took it and was pulled up.
"You know, that kick is becoming far to familiar!" She said reproachfully. At this the elf looked surprised. "You know the orc you kicked? Well Im not your usual human." As the other drew her sword Elanor sighed. "No! No! I mean, I can do magic! Anyway, I still dont know youre name."
"Tumnaooriel." Tumnaooriel then turned again and sat at the fire, icy silence enveloping her. Elanor opened her mouth to say more, before shrugging and sitting beside her. She understood others silence. Anyway there was no point- Elanor had reached the conclusion that elves had no apparent sense of humour.

[ June 15, 2002: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
really sorry nev, i didint mean anything by that really!

[ June 16, 2002: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 06-15-2002, 12:21 PM   #50
Wight

Sting

Upon arriving at the camp, Gwyn had discovered missing not only Elwyn, but Elanor and Bulvard as well. Sighing, Gwyn set out to find them, and help them. But she couldn't help thinking that her friends were doing quite alright on their own.

A little while later, Gwyn had battled her way through thorn, tree, and bush, and now spotted Bulvard and Elanor. Covered in bruises dealt out by tree branches and scratches from thorns, Gwyn approached them.

"How did you get here? What is going on?" Gwyn hastily glanced around for orcs.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:05 PM   #51
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn sat by the fire, waiting and watching, praying to all of the Valar that her friend Elanor would return.

"Please, Elbereth. She was so brave. She doesn't deserve to die as an orc."

Late into the night the elf-maid waited, staring at the sky, the firelight shining on her red-gold hair.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:23 PM   #52
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Awww waiting up for me? Sweet of you Elwyn really."
Elwyn spun around at the familiar sarcasm of Elanors voice. "Elanor!" Running forward she made to hug the human but stopped; it was something about look on the humans face...
"Hey even better! I wasnt greeted by a kick in the mouth this time either."
A sigh came from the darkness beside her as Tumnaooriel came out of the wood. "You really arent going to let that drop are you?"
"Hey I dunno, how long can you wait?" Elanor surveyed the people around the fire; she couldnt see a single human. Now why is it that once again Im feeling left out.... She thought to herself sardonically. She looked at the two elves greeting each other in elvish fashion, speaking quickly. Elanor was practically fluent in several typed of elvish, but it was not her language. The camp was surrounded by trees, and within a few steps Elanor could reach up and pull herself into it, out of sight of the elves around the fire.
yup, really not fitting in here either
But where do you think you will be able to fit in? You never get to close to people. A nagging voice replied.
Elanor sighed as she pulled out a small crystal from her pocket and started fiddling with it. "I have no people to fit in with." She said quietly, answering her own thoughts aloud.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:27 PM   #53
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

"Sure you do, Elanor! You have me, and the rest of the Guards!"

"Well, my race rejected me."

"Ah, well, that was foolish of them, wasn't it? But make the best of your current situation - damsels in distress to rescue, and a warm fire at night. What more could you want?"
Old 06-17-2002, 01:57 AM   #54
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Bulvard stood tall amidst the fallen bodies of Orc and warg, covered in their foul
blood. His ancient long sword gleamed in the pale light. His eyes wore a glazed look.
He was in a trance. His body motored on by reflexes and instinct.

He was in a fugue state. His mind filled with images of a calmer, pleasant time.
Music and laughter and voices of loved ones echoed in his mind's ear as his body
moved ahead cutting down the foul evil beasts that surrounded him.

He was not aware of anything or anyone else, he moved on like a machine. Aronja,
his falcon, flashed in and out around him, she seemed to lead her master on. An
invisible umbilicus of thought linked the bird to the warrior and wherever the falcon
darted, her master followed sword in hand, slashing and rending a path through
the decadence until all of them were decimated.

Suddenly and arrow pierced into the falcon's side and the bird fell to the ground with a
squawk. The aftershock rippled through the mental connection and hit Bulvard like a
cascading tidal wave, causing his body to be thrown across like a rag doll. Hitting
the ground hard, the warrior lay motionless near the carcasses of the foul ones. His
horse, Arod, had long been missing and the elegant falcon, Aronja lay on the far
side, blood trickling out of her breast.

A shadowy figure with a longbow in hand, the unseen assailant, slowly crept out of
the darkness and moved towards the fallen warrior.
Old 06-17-2002, 02:26 PM   #55
Aiwyn of the Eorlingas
Pile O'Bones

Shield

"Not this day!" Ain's voice pierced the air, frenzy causing her to hit a high note. She had been lost for a moment in the fray and had had been kneeling in the brush, nursing a shallow but painful cut to her shoulder that wouldn't require any special healing she couldn't provide herself. But now, the fight was finished, thanks to Bulvard and his unstoppable power. She had been watching, astounded, as he ripped through the orcs like a machine, his falcon guiding him. But when the arrow had hit the falcon, it had affected him as well. The unknown assailent slipped quietly out of the darkness and crept towards him as he lay motionless.
"Not this day shall one so brave fall without a chance to defend himself," Ain gritted her teeth, pulling herself away from the foliage and brushing burrs off her clothing. The archer paid her no heed other than to reach towards his/her quiver. In an instant, Ain's own longbow was out, threaded with a birch arrow.
"Get thee gone!" she yelped. "Thou shalt not slay a man who is helpless, not while I can see such an act. Get thee gone, and come again when he is awake!" She drew back the arrow more.
CRASH! CRASH! Someone was running through the bushes at an impressive speed. Ain's heart leapt into her throat as she swiveled around and Gwyn leaped over a dead log into the clearing filled with orc carcasses. The unknown archer saw his chance and vanished again into the night.
Gwyn mouth opened to make a sound as she beheld the clearing: all the orcs slain, Bulvard lying unconcious, splattered with their gore, and Ain, lowering her bow, clean save a cut on her shoulder. But in a moment, she could speak again: "We must get him back to camp."
Ain nodded, but the women were immediatly faced with a dilemma: Bulvard was several heads, not to mention pounds, above them. In the end, Gwyn grabbed his wrists and Ain seized his ankles and they managed to carry him back to camp, and his falcon too, who rested on her master's chest.

Old 06-18-2002, 01:18 PM   #56
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Well, my race rejected me."
"Ah, well, that was foolish of them, wasn't it? But make the best of your current situation - damsels in distress to rescue, and a warm fire at night. What more could you want?"
Elanor looked away from the kind elf. Easy for you to say...always having a people to grow up with...not just in between Mentally the human smacked herself- she was so selfish. She should go down and...socialise or something. She sighed and looked sideways at the grinning elf beside her, one eyebrow raised. Elwyn then raised one eyebrow so trying to keep a straight face Elanor raised the other.
However eyebrow fest was soon interupted as Gwyn and the elf Elanor was yet(and dubious) to meet, the one from the camp. "My friends is there a healer here?" They lay the figure they were carrying on the floor, and Elanor saw it was the magnificent Bulvard..with a truly magnificent gash across her chest. Without a seconds thought Elwyn had dropped to the ground and Elanor followed, dipping her hands in her pockets to try to find her equipment...
Old 06-18-2002, 01:25 PM   #57
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn moved forward, along with Elanor.

"You heal?" the woman asked her.

"Yes. Most travelling elves do." Elwyn reached her hand out, stroking Bulvard's forehead. Later, he wouldn't remember what had happened except for a bright light and a red haired elf maiden.

"Come back, Bulvard. Come back to us." she whispered, and he felt light flowing through his veins. He saw his hawk flying up ahead and his heart was glad.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:50 AM   #58
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard stirred and looked around dazedly. As his blurred vision grew focused, he peered at the ones that tended him. They were a beautiful sight indeed. The elf
healers gently raised him upright and offered him a drink. The elvish drink quickly
freshened the warrior and he found his strength returning.

He vaguely remembered what had transpired and was surprised to know the fate of Aronja. The other's had given up the bird for dead but Bulvard shared a life bond with the creature and as his strength and vigour returned the falcon stirred and roused as well. Bulvard groggily tended to it's wounds. The tip of the arrow was defintely elven. What elf would dare to attack this alliance?

The warrior spent the rest of the day recuperating along with the ones that had
healed him and rescued him as well. Bulvard grimly expressed his gratitude to Ain and Gwyn, and they acknowledged that he would do the same for them. To Elanor and Elwyn, he pledged aid in every way possible.

The imminent danger was now passed, but a few of their party was still at large.
Most noteworthy being the leader of this expidition, Calixto.

Where were they?
Old 06-19-2002, 12:08 PM   #59
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor watched the huge warrior come around, and looked with interest over his shoulder at the arrow he was inspecting.
"Elven?!" She was surprised but it couldnt be denied; the craftsmanship on the arrow was definitly elven. "But why..." The human trailed off unertainly. Tumnaooriel gestured for them to listen. They heard a sound which Tumna was probabaly all too familiar with; orcs.
Even worse there was still no sign of some of them group. How could they fight as a team against the orcs of this number when they didnt even have a proper leader?
Old 06-20-2002, 07:19 PM   #60
Aiwyn of the Eorlingas
Pile O'Bones

Shield

Sighing, Ain looked towards the sound of the oncoming creatures. Only one thought crossed her mind: 'Not again...'
She looked at the warriors around her: they were tired and wounded. She herself was not feeling up to fighting either; her arrows were depleted and her shoulder ached, and her hands were too cramped to hold her Quarterstaff, much less fight. She ran her hands over the back of her stallion who stood near her.
"I know not where your leader is," she said, still not considering herself part of the group, "but we would be wise to find him-find him swiftly."
A few of the females began to draw their weapons, but Ain shot them an icy, withering glare.
"Do not be fools! Thee would not strike fear into the heart of a hobbit-brat, armed mearly with a stick now, much less a second assault of orcs."
"But our honor-" one Elf began, but honorwas a tabooed word to Ain.
"To the fire with it!" she barked. "Fine! Stay and fight another battle of impossible odds." She glanced at Bulvard, who still seemed weak, before looking back at the women. "I know not how thee could hope to win now. And thy rouge assassin still lurks in the shadows, out there, somewhere."
The orcs were getting closer. Time was running out. Ain mounted Staa and grabbed his simple rope reins as the proud stallion tossed his mahogany head.
"I am fleeing now," she said. "If there is a sensible one among thee, I bid thou to ride with me, and bring me to thy leader, wherever he may be." She motioned to the space behind her, where there was room for one more person to fit. "Thou would much rather acheive honor at the completion of thy quest, aye? Not die at the hands of orcs for refusing to flee, for fleeing would be 'dishonorable'. Preserve thy life; there will be plenty of chance still for thee to lose it in a more fitting fasion." She dropped her cold voice for a moment to further the rationality of her words.
It worked. The Elves put away their weapons, the rationality finally becoming apparent to them, and those with horses mounted them swiftly. Those without them shared with another, and quickly, they fled from the second assault, barely escaping, but escaping none the less.
"Where is your leader?" Ain called to Gwyn.
"I know not," Gwyn called back
And so, the party set off on a new sub-quest: the hunt for Calixto.

Old 06-21-2002, 06:03 AM   #61
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Hey come on!" Elanor whirled around andtried to stop the elves and humans who were running. She checked herself; since when had she been a big one for battles? But this was something else- they couldnt just run.
As she stood in turmoil, the first lot oof orcs burst through the trees. Without thinking, Elanor raised her staff and yelled the first spell that came into her head. Mist appeared around them, confusing them. Elanor offered a silent thanks to fortune, before deciding living held good prospects for her future. She leapt on her horse and cantered after the others...
Old 06-21-2002, 10:39 AM   #62
Wight

Sting

Gwyn hated this hasty and cowardly retreat, but she knew that they must stay alive if they were to fulfil their purpose; to find the Crimson Sword. As soon as Ainwyn had proposed flight, Gwyn knew they would not get on well. Gwyn turned to the rest of her band.

"When was the last time we saw our leader, the brave and honourable Calixto?"

At the words 'brave and honourable' Gwyn could see Aiwyn roll her eyes. She ignored her, and waited for answers.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:21 AM   #63
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ooc - I was hoping that the orcs, well and truly beaten, would give us some respite and we could regather and proceed forward on our quest. We have completed level one and that we'd move on to level two. But since.... sigh!

Bulvard, now recuperated and refreshed leapt to his feet, he had never in his life fled from a battle... but this time they were largely outnumbered... a minor detail.
His link with the falcon had been disrupted for the time being and it was up to the weary warrior to take the fight to the onrushing orcs.

But most of the elves appeared to heed the cowardly advice and prepared to flee.
It was a frustrating situation for any warrior, to see his comrades give in to fear and run. He looked around, the lady Gwen stood by him, unsure of their next move.
Elanor and Elwyn too had their weapons drawn. Harolas leapt out from among the trees, bow and arrow at the ready.

The bold warriors followed Bulvard as he madly tore into the horde of orcs that made their way toards them. Ain and her followers hurriedly rode off the other way shaking their heads, not looking back in fear.

As the orcs neared, Bulvard lashed out with his ancient long sword.... but he felt no flesh and bone strike his blade, just thin air. The others, who had stayed on to fight, too were bewildered by this as the first wave of orcs began to fade away...

"An illusion...," cried Elwyn, " We are being subjected to evil magicks... beware!"

Bulvard grimaced, " Witches and their magicks...."

Gwen looked relieved and sat down, exhausted. The others stood, ever sharp and

ready for the next attack could well be real in nature.

"What do we do now?" asked Harolas, looking around at Bulvard and Gwen.

"We must find Calixto." said Elanor and Elwyn agreed.

"But where and how?" asked Harolas, "And what of Ain and the others?"

"Let them find their way back," said Gwen in a low voice, " We must move on to a

secure place and take rest and refreshment. When we do find our leader, we will

need all our strength for the long journey ahead."

Bulvard looked at her and nodded in agreement. The small group gathered their belongings and horses and moved on, to find a secure haven for the darking night.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:55 PM   #64
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Witches and their magicks...."
Elanor flinched at the comment. The depth and almost hate Bulvard had said it with explained the way he seemed to e avoiding her. Still, an illusion was surely easier to counter than a full scale enemy.
"Theyre not there." She stated matter of factly. The others truned to her surprised.
"Erm..Elanor, they do appear to be here in force-" Elwyn started quietly but Elanor shook her head.
"One sorceress. Lots of us. Just imagine theyre not there and itll do wonders. Really." She surveyed the "orcs". "See- I mean i certainly cant see any orcs."
Elwyn shrugged as if to say 'whatever works'. "Yeah, um, me too. I see no one."
Already the orcs were slowing and a few noticably vanished. The others started to join in slowly and the witch smiled.
"Yeah, nothing there..."
"Orcs? What orcs.."
The enemy were almost gone, leaving a few surprised orcs. They started to retreat, cowardly now there was less thna a quarter of the number theyd thought. As they disappeared into the trees as fast as they could Elanor smiled at the others, relieved.
Bulvard she noticed, had not joined in, but was staring at her with a strange expression on his face...
Old 06-27-2002, 02:27 AM   #65
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

The Viking Thunder has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Harolas gave chase to the remaining orcs that fled. He felled a few more with well aimed arrows. Then he returned to where everyone else was. Everyone except their leader, Calixto. Where could he be? Had he fallen?

Harolas looked at Elwyn and smiled but she looked very tired and anxious. Bulvard was his usual sullen self and Elanor looked at the warrior with sad eyes. But Gwyn was in good spirits, this was a long awaited rest and she deserved it. Harolas offered to apply healing powders on her wounds and she happily complied.

The other elves proceeded to cook a meal for them and everone settled down for a good nourishing dinner. It was decided that they would begin a search for their leader Calixto at first light.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:19 AM   #66
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calixto's dissapearance bothered Bulvard. He was the one who lnew the surest way to the hiding place of the Sword and now without him they would have a much harder task in finding the way themselves. But first they had to look for him.

The pale morning light fel nto their paltry shelter and everyone was ready to move onward. The party mounted their steeds which had returned to them after hiding during all the fighting. Bulvard sat on Arod with Aronja upon his shoulder. The bird would do well in scouting for them, but his mind link with her was yet to be restored.

Bulvard rode out into the clearing, the others, Gywn, Elanor, Elwyn and Harolas accepting him as a de-facto leader followed him. The path lad strewn with bodies of orc and warg and their rotting stench.

"Our first task is to look for Calixto. Let us retrace our steps and return the way we came." said Bulvard.

"I think so as well," agreed Gwyn.

"But we also need to find Tumnaooriel, she is missing too." cried Elanor.

And Bulvard looked at her quizically, apparently he had not yet met this person.

"And Ain is gone too," said Harolas. At this Gwyn snorted rudely. Elwyn smiled quietly.

The rode ahead in single file.
Old 07-06-2002, 04:23 AM   #67
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Darkness had fallen now and the party decided to set up camp and rest. After a frugal meal, everyone settled in for the night. But Bulvard couldn't sleep, his dreams troubled him and he decided to sit under the open sky at the foot of a large tree quite some distance from the camp.

There he found his mind drifting towards fond memories of his wife and daughter at a much pleasant time... and his heart reminded him of a song he had heard a travelling elven minstrel sing and a tear trickled down his weather beaten face. He sang in a low voice...

Wrapped in a faded dream tucked away safe in my mind
A little goodbye maybe or just a passing smile

The birds fly away to the southern sky searching a home
A scatter of dry flowers or a little girl left all alone

Can somebody hear me I'm screaming from so far away
Morning who will calm you now, the evening is eclipsed again

The ache is long gone but the never keeps staring along
The waters in the seas are high and all the sand castles have drowned

Well does life get any better More yesterday than today
How I thought the sun would shine tomorrow
But it rained . . .

Unknown to him another troubled soul had been near and had been hearing his sorrowful tale in song. Tumnaooriel watched the forlorn broken man from her hiding place and tears rolled down her large, sad eyes.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:52 AM   #68
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

pippin_took0 has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Tumnaooriel felt herself strangely drawn to the stern yet melancholy man who sat with his back to a tree.
She had been woken from her light sleep by his song which had haunted her dreams and she knew that she must see the face of the person whose song was so beautiful and so sad. Following the melody as if drawn by an invisible thread, she stumbled through the trees, leaving Ain asleep among the fallen leaves.
The silver moonlight fell on and through the bare branches of the trees and the sitting figure was dappled; speckled and splashed with silver. Apart from the movement of his lips, he sat still as a statue, the tear on his cheek glistening like a pearl. His appearance was so enchanting Tumnaooriel could not help but stop to listen, entranced. The song he sang was so mournful that her heart was moved and her deep sad eyes soon spilled salt water down her own cheeks. In the gloom her pale skin almost glowed, and her dark eyes were like the sky; immense and black, reflecting the myriad stars.
The song came to an end and the singer looked down twisting a plain golden ring between his fingers, the tears now flowing freely down his face. Seeing such pain on such a strong face, Tumnaooriel could not help but wish to comfort the man somehow and started forward from her place. His eyes attracted by the movement, the man's head turned towards her and he instantly started up, aghast, his eyes wide with disbelief, a sweat breaking on his brow.

[ July 07, 2002: Message edited by: pippin_took0 ]
Old 07-08-2002, 01:10 AM   #69
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard leapt to his feet and drew his sword, it was almost dawn and the sun was yet to rise. He prepared to strike this shadowy form as it moved toward him but then it cried out in a low voice, "Please, I am no orc."

"Who are you?" asked the tall warrior, glaring down at the hooded and cloaked figure.

"I am Tumnaooriel!" repiled the terrified creature and removed her hood. In the pale light her silken hair fell in clusters around her neck and shoulders and Bulvard gasped. His blood froze and he stood stunned and silent as if he had seen a ghost.

He opened his mouth tp speak, but could only utter a hoarse whisper, " Fiona...!"

He staggered backward and fell onto the tree, his sword fell to the ground with a clang...." I must be dreaming," He uttered, " What sorcery is this..."

Tumnaooriel watched the man recoil and flail his arms around as if stung by poison, she looked at him in horror and cried out for help.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:39 AM   #70
Wight

Sting

Gwyn awoke suddenly out of a most disturbing dream... to find that the dream was little worse than the awakening. Bulvard lay on the ground, alive, but seeming to be in severe shock. The elven maid who was rescued from the Orcs was shaken, but unhurt.

"What is the cause of all this?" Gwyn asked, leaning over the white-haired man, wondering what could have had such an effect over him.

OOC: Gwyn to the rescue! Cim, "Fiona"??
Old 07-08-2002, 01:10 PM   #71
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor, who had been leaning against a tree near Elwyn, sat up with a start as she heard the cry. She grabbed her cloak blurrily and picked up her diving crystal from where it had been strung on a low branch near her head. Strange, she didnt remember putting it there...
And the dream she had had.
The shild laughed, her golden hair flying out behind her as she swung on the swing. The man behind pushed her, laugh lines creasing his strong face. He pushed her even harder this time before running a few metres in front of the swing. With a whoop the girl jumped of the swing into his arms. As he caught her he swung her around and they laughed. As he let her go a woman came smiling out of the shadow and the sunlight dappled her long silky blonde hair. The tall man turned when he heard her and smiled. They kissed and he buried his face in her wonderful hair.
"I love you my darling."
"And I will always love you Fiona..."

Elanors brow creased as she once again looked at the divining crystal. It had reddish mist swirling inside it, the sign of pain. What was painful about the scene she had just viewed?

Great, now youre really losing it Elanor. Get a grip! she shook her head and ran quickly to the source of the sound...
Old 07-08-2002, 01:42 PM   #72
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn was there to catch Bulvard as he fell.

"Oof!" she groaned as she lowered him to the ground. "You're heavy!"

"Fiona!" he moaned. It seemed as though he was having a nightmare, but his eyes were open.

"ANd I thought that this guard duty thing was going to be boring!" Elwyn complained as she went to fetch some water for the big warrior.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:29 AM   #73
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Harolas woke up with a start, the others were moving around a few yards away from the camp, someone looked injured as the others tended to him. He jumped down from the tree where he was perched napping.
Moving closer Harolas was surprised to see that Bulvard was out cold. He wonder whst could have knocked out such a large man, or was it that his birdwas killed again, he mused and smiled. gwyn glared at him and he quickly turned and cried aloud, " Who has dared to strike down the most brave of us?"
"Be quiet, you fool," said Elwyn, "He is not wounded, at least not physically."
"Witchcraft." said harolas and glaned at Elanor who seemed to be in a trance.
"Where is Calixto when you need him? " thought the elf from mirkwood and walked back to his tree.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:59 AM   #74
Wight

Sting

"Friends!" Gwyn began, turning to face the rest of the warriors, "Calixto is lost, dead, or deserted. Bulvard is not concious, and were he to regain conciousness I doubt his ability to lead us, to help fulfil the quest. Therefore I must take command." She turned to Harolas and Elwyn. "Please help carry Bulvard to my horse - he will travel thus for now. We must move on. This place may not be safe." Gwyn rose to her full height, and her green eyes flashed as she surveyed her comrades. "Do any oppose me?"

OOC: I have taken command. All opposed? All in favour? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2002, 01:27 PM   #75
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Tumnaooriel had been shocked by Bulvard's reaction to her, and had watched the rest of the proceedings in silence, unable to speak. What had she done? Guilt and confusion mixed in her head. She had not meant to scare the poor man, and she had never expected such an acute reaction from him. She was glad to see from the reactions of the others that Bulvard would be ok, but she felt she owed him something. The rest of the company were quickly making ready to depart and there seemed little she could do, until she remembered Bulvard's horse. She found it in the clearing where the others had been camping and lead it back with her. Bulvard was still not awake, and Tumnaooriel mounted his horse, she was not an accomplished rider, but the beast was perfectly obedient, and almost seemed to know her.

[ July 12, 2002: Message edited by: Nevtalathiel ]
Old 07-12-2002, 12:54 AM   #76
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ooc - Aman - that was beautiful. Just like I would envision.

Bulvard’s immense bulk was a little difficult for Harolas and Elwyn to heft, even more so at the dead state he was in, but they managed to place him on Gwyn’s horse. Suddenly he awoke in a delirious fit, “ No, Fiona!.... Don’t….uhhh,” and he faded again.. Tumnaooriel looked around as if in deep guilt but no one else though such.
They thought he was having an aftereffect of his previous accident.

But deep in his mind, the large, white haired warrior was going through a personal hell as he dreamed…..of a time, ten long years ago……
…dark black shapes moved in all around them…. The tall warrior fought valiantly, his sword weaved like lighting through the mass of foul goblins that ravaged the land around him…. suddenly a mighty blow felled him to the ground….. something heavy pinned him down and then grabbed his hair and yanked his head up…so that he could witness the ghastly scene… that which now haunted him every passing moment….. his eyes widened in fear and horror at what unfolded before him….
His beloved wife…. ravaged by the foul creatures….. died in front of him… as he lay helpless….. his child….. blood from his wounds streamed into his eyes…. His little daughter lay in a pool of red…... he screamed….. a sharp blow caught the side of his bleeding head……. darkness engulfed him…. for how long…… the images haunted his mind…… his wife… and little child…..lay broken and lifeless….. the sun had set in his life……….he found himself running….. running as fast as he could…… as the darkness surrounded him…… he ran faster and faster but the black night still gained on him…... ….could he justify the cause for that his beloved ones had to give up their lives….. it had been so long a time, but still he missed them every day and night….
…how he thought the sun would shine tomorrow………….but it rained.

Elenor convulsed in her trance as the images hit her mind furiously.

Ooc – Allright, Bulvard will be in this state for a while so I trust all of you to protect him, he would do the same for you. Go Gwyn!
Old 07-12-2002, 08:37 AM   #77
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The crystal hung suspended from a branch as Elanor watched the scenes inside it. The others saw the witch as if she was in a trance and Harolas seemed to suspect she had caused Bulvards distress but instead she was beraing witness to it.

"Bulvard!"
"Fiona...I am coming..."
"Bulvard!....they are....no...NO...NO!"
"Fiona!"
He fought but could not see her. One foul goblin hit him from behind with the hilt of its sword onthe back of his head and he fell heavily to his knees in the dirt, his hands bound.
She fought against them and he was forced to watch. She screamed and the tears fell down her face but it was futile. At the end her limp form was thrown to the ground trembling. She reached one hand out towards Bulvard, her eyes pleading for him to take it. He strained against the ropes on his hands until they were slick with blood but he couldnt reach her. She opened her mouth, the lip split and blood streaming out to speak but its hard to speak without a tongue.
The goblins were now long gone now but their destruction was left. Bulvard sat on the swing holding the dead bodies of his family in his arms as he swung gently his eyes closed.

"No!" Elanor screamed and with an effort she ripped her eyes away from the crystal. The others looked at her as she sat gasping on the ground, her head in her hands. She had felt everything;
Bulvards despair...
The childs fear...
Fionas humiliation...
"Elanor?" A voice cut through the horrible scene. Slowly she raised her head and saw standing in front of her...
"Fiona?" she shook her head and the world returned. Tumnooriel was standing in front of her, not Fiona, but still Bulvard lay.
Taking a deep breath she lifted the now clear crystal in her shaking hand and walked over to the prostrate warrior. His eyes opened and the mist slowly cleared as the memory ended leaving pain. He tried to wipe away the tears and return to his usual remote hard self and open his mouth to speak but the witch stayed his hand and put a finger to his lips.
"Shhhh..." a tear rolled down her face onto his. Bulvard looked at her questioningly, his pained face puzzled. "I felt it, brave one. I felt her."
"My Fiona..."
"Yes. Shhhh...Sleep, she is at peace..." Bulvards eyes closed and Elanor kissed her palm and motioned it over his face to ward away dreams. She straightened, and saw Tumnaooriel looking shocked. She smiled at her and tried to avoid the visions of such a similar face racked with pain. She opened her mouth to speak before closing her eyes and fainting...
Old 07-12-2002, 01:02 PM   #78
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn and Harolas stood guard over the inert body of Bulvard. Every few minutes he awoke and thrashed around. Elwyn ran a cool palm over his cheek, feeling a great sadness at what had become of the brave man. At her touch, he quieted, and seemed to sleep. Elwyn glanced up at Harolas wearily, and he gave her an encouraging smile.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:38 AM   #79
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Harolas looked at Elwyn, she was so strong so sure of herself. He thought that an elf should take charge of his trip because they were wiser and stronger than the men.
Besides Calixto was an elf and should be succeeded by an elf. But he feared to tell Elwyn because she was so ready to serve than take charge. And the grim Gwyn also frightened the elf of Mirkwood as much as Bulvard did.
But he was most suspicious of Elanor the witch, she was so cold and mysterious. Harolas was surethat she had put some evil spells on Bulvard hich was allright by him as long as she didn’t do anything to him or any other elf. He sat and sharpened the flint heads on his arrows.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:13 AM   #80
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

She darted out of the bush, her horse let out a loud snort as she came towards the group, they all turned to look at her. "Brother!" Called the warrior woman as she let the Pendulum swing at her side, "I heard warg on my way to the city." She said gruffly.

The group stared at her as she came beside the man, he was slumped in his horse and looked pale and sickly. "What did you do to him?" She snarled, turning on the group, raising the dagger that she held in her other hand.

"Sister." Bulvard muttered, "They are here to help me."

"Yes, and it certainly looks like they are doing a good job." her lip curled as she casted a disgusted look at the group of elves.