Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2002, 11:12 AM   #1
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Aradaewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aradaewen Send a message via AIM to Aradaewen
The Eye Reawakened Mordor - RPG

Our story begins in the village of Bree, in the Inn of the Prancing Pony. An elf sits at the bar. She is Aradaewen, elf-scout from the forests of Mirkwood, friend of the dwarves of the Lonely Mountain.

She had vivid red hair and vibrantly green clothes, along with a cherry wood bow at her back. She looks very much like a Ranger, having in fact spent a lot of time with them, especially Aragorn... Elessar, the new King of Gondor. She had just recieved a message from him-

"The War of the Ring is over, and the One Ring destroyed, but terror still reigns in Mordor. Saruman did not escape Isengard to attack Hobbiton; he waited until we left Mordor after the Ringbearer carried out his duty, and reunited all evil to him. Who will be brave enough to oppose him???"

Aradaewen had come to Bree to find someone, anyone, who might be brave enough... and that someone had just walked in the door...

<>OOC- whenever you're ready...<>

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: Aradaewen ]
Old 08-31-2002, 11:20 AM   #2
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Faye walked through the door with the hood of her clock up. She carefully put her sword Sting (which she inherated from Frodo) into it's scabber. She lowered her hood and her long blond hair shinned in the candle light. All of the voices in the Prancing Pony had stopped, and the men began talking amongse themselves looking boldly at Faye. Faye walked over to the bar and heaved herself onto the chair. 'Hello there Mr.Butterbur. Could I have an ale please.' Faye sat silently while drinking her ale.

[ August 31, 2002: Message edited by: Faye Took ]
Old 08-31-2002, 11:25 AM   #3
Judge Simon
Wight

Judge Simon has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Shade had walked into the bar that night with only one thing on his mind. To rest. he had been fighting in the South for many years,too many years, he thought, and was worn out. He cast a dark sence through the inn. He walked over to the fire and took out a silver hip flask and began to take some sips from it. Shade took a look around the bar. The regulars had already arrived and there were some new strangers, a red haired girl had caught his eye for a minute and then noticed her glance toward him. He turned his gaze back to the fire....

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: Judge Simon ]
Old 08-31-2002, 11:41 AM   #4
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Radae's eyes had been scanning the common-room, searching for anyone that might want to raise arms against the evil of Mordor. When her gaze reached the fire, she saw a human man there, very tired and weary-looking, wrapped up in a long black cloak. When he pulled out a hip flask and started drinking from it, his cloak was raised from his body, and several knives of varying lengths glinted in the firelight. He also noticed her interest in him at the moment, and turned around to gaze into the fire.

Radae's keen ears heard the slight, musical voice from the other side of the bar. She turned and saw the loveliest hobbit she had ever come across. She looked like she could do some damage too, with that blade at her waist, which Radae recognized as elven-make.

Rising from her seat, she strolled over and sat down next to the hobbit lass. They started talking, and became friends rather quickly. The hobbit had come from Hobbiton, and Radae asked if she knew Collete Took, her other hobbit friend. When the lass assured her that she did, and was in fact her kin, Radae asked her if she knew anything about the War of the Ring. She explained to her about the position of King Elessar and Mordor and asked for her help, anxiously awaiting her reply...
Old 08-31-2002, 11:44 AM   #5
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Aranel was already in the bar when Shade walked in. His face she didn't reconise, but he wasn't the first stranger she had seen.

Bree was often her stop on the way back from Rivendell. Both places were great to entertain at. The black haired elf played an enchanting song...
Old 08-31-2002, 11:48 AM   #6
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

'I would love to help you.' said Faye smileing rather largely at Radae. Faye threw her hair over her shoulder. 'I'm glad we met Radae, I'm sure we become great friends. Let me get you an ale my lady. Barliman, two more ales if you will.' Faye grabbed an ale and began drinking it rather fast. She looked somewhat nervous.'What is it?' asked Radae. 'That man by the fire. He's been starin' at us for some time now.'
Old 08-31-2002, 12:26 PM   #7
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

OoC: Oh me and my compulsive staring [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

BiC:
Shade had put away his flask and began to walk around the bar, leaving his post at the fire place. An elvish song floated past his ears it was beautiful even if he couldn't understand most of it. He walked over to the bar and sat a the corner of it. He took out a long pipe and lit it. He was still intrigued by the red haired girl and now being closer he saw she was an elf. Interesting, he thought.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:18 PM   #8
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

ColletteTook has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to ColletteTook Send a message via AIM to ColletteTook
1420!

" THEIF! GET HER!" came screams from the front door, as Collette scurried in to hide amoungst the crowd to get away from the angry baker. She ran straight on, into Faye. " what do you think your doing?" Said Faye, looking back at the baker and the pursuing guards, who soon had her pinned against the bar, holding her by the collar, and growling. "I DIDNT DO ANYTHING, I SWEAR!" she sqeaked, as quite a few muffins tumbled from her cloak. "uh-oh....." she blurted.
" Help! FAYE! RADAE! I COULDNT HELP MYSELF! they were blueberry! BLUEBERRY MUFFINS! I WAS HUNGRY!"
A few loaves bread and more than a dozen cookies sprouted forth as they turned over her cloak. "REALLY HUNGRY! DONT LET THEM TAKE ME AWAY NOOOOOO!" she said as the guards started to drag her away from the scene she had made.
Old 08-31-2002, 02:49 PM   #9
Judge Simon
Wight

Pipe

Shade rolled his eyes at the hobbit and her behavior and then he shouted to the guards
Shade-What do you think you're doing?
Guard-She's a thief
Guard2_We're taking her to the stocks
Shade-Well, don't bother with that[he said walking over] those are my muffins
Guard-You moffins[he asked in disbelief]
Shade-[walks right up to the guard and gets in his face] Yeah, got a problem with that?
Guard-N-n-no, well if they're yours, what would you have us do to this one[he said talking about the hobbit]
Shade-Buy her a pint of ale and go away.
Guard-Yes sir, right away sir.
The guard muttered the order to the barkeep and then walked away very quickly.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:05 PM   #10
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Faye got down from her chair and quickly grabbed on of the muffins and stuffed it in her face. Everyone looked at her oddly,'What? A warriors got to eat!' and she picked another one up and began eating it. Faye looked over at Collette and grinned every so largely [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ,'Cullette!' she said with a mouth full of muffins. Faye ran over and gave her a hug. She swallowed hard. 'Stealing again,' Faye began in a low voice,'And Bluebarry! You should've got nuts!' Faye gave Collette another hug.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:19 PM   #11
Judge Simon
Wight

Pipe

Shade looked over the hobbits to the elven girl(which wasn't hard)
Shade- Are you with these two crazy Halflings?
Old 08-31-2002, 06:23 PM   #12
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

'Where not crazy, where hobbits.' Faye said looking at the man smiling. 'And if you have something against hobbits, well thats sad.' Faye's smiled disappered as she looked over to Collette. 'We are the greatest warriors in the Shire. Where known all around Middle-Earth.'
Old 09-01-2002, 02:26 AM   #13
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette looked over at shade,he looked back disdainfully, at the two "warriors" that were stuffing their faces with muffin.
" thanks for saving me." she said, smiling a huge smile, and offering him a muffin.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:48 AM   #14
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Radae grinned, "You'd better take it, sir... there'll be precious little left with two hobbits, especially these two. They aren't crazy all the time... only when there's blueberry muffins. Oh, Collete... I'd like to talk to you."

She grabbed the girl and took her off to the side. After explaining her problem with Saruman, she waited for Collete to think and answer. Collete grinned widely. "Of course I'll come! Where else will I have the opportunity to kill a few orcs? Perhaps a few wounded ones while you're not looking..." Radae grinned back.

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: Aradaewen ]
Old 09-01-2002, 11:58 AM   #15
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette grinned and bounced back to the bar. after having a pint or two (or three), fast music struck up from somewhere (probably in her head), and she seized Fayes and started dancing ( on a table).
Any who looked upon them now, knowing they were warriors, would be likey to worry for middle earth's safety.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:50 PM   #16
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

When Radae was with Collete, she smiled about five times more than normal- and loved every minute of it. Laughing uproariously and very un-elfishly (hint, hint!), she leaped up on the table and began dancing with the hobbits, pulling up Shade (to his obvious embarrassment) to dance with her. The other people in the bar were laughing and cheering and clapping so loudly that it took a while for the Innkeeper to get their attention and tell them to settle down or he'd have to throw them out. <>Oh, that's my bad! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]<>
Old 09-01-2002, 03:01 PM   #17
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette roared with laughter at the innkeeper- pointing at him like he was something funny, but got off the table. " this is goign to be fun!" she said, referring to the adveture, oblivious to the fact that the were putting their lives in danger. " killing orcs!" was all she was thinking about.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:29 PM   #18
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

That comment sobered Radae at once. She pulled Collete back into her seat and started speaking in low voices to her and Faye. "Now girls, I know this is sounds like a spring outting to you, but let me assure you if there is one thing in this world any mre different from this trip... its that!" For some reason, Collete started laughing again.

"Please be serious! This could very well be the end of us, and of Middle Earth... Now we need to lay some plans..." They had just started talking about transportation, food, and other supplies when someone behind Radae placed a hand on her shoulder and whirled her around...
Old 09-01-2002, 03:37 PM   #19
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette raised her eyebrows at Shade who had whirled Radae around. She became serious at once. the end of middle earth!
She quickly read over Radae's plans, as she conversed with Shade, whom she had not quite taken to.

< excuse my short reply. brain fart>>
Old 09-01-2002, 07:11 PM   #20
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

ooC: **Sprays inspiration fresher around the room**

BiC:
Shade-Spring outing or no, you're going to need more help then just a few hobbits. Saurman has powers of which you couldn't possibly imagine.
Collette-Who, then will we need?
Shade-Me[he said sitting down]
Radae-How do we know that you aren't working for him?
Shade-You don't...
Old 09-01-2002, 08:50 PM   #21
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

" exactly. which is why your not going." started collette, but Faye elbowed her in the side.
" not that my opnion counts" she shrugged and truned back to the plans, sipping on another mug and absentmidedly grabbing the pastry from Faye's hand and taking a bite.
If looks could kill, Collette might be dead.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:25 PM   #22
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Radae also elbowed Collete. "You're right, it doesn't count- and you'd better give that back to Faye." She snatched the pastry and handed it back to her.

She turned to Shade, "I don't know your name, Sir, so the first sign of trust between us is introductions. I am Aradaewen, a dra... elf from the wilds of Mirkwood and the Lonely Mountain. Scout and Archer. Who do I have the honor of addressing?"

Collete made a loud noise of indignation through her nose at this last statement, but Radae silenced her with a glare as she awaited Shade's answer.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:56 PM   #23
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Shade replied ever so plolitley , but Collette chose not to listen, but rudely turn her back to him. She didnt trust this stranger in the least bit.
To her his Aura was red and Darkly aired; though she did not know him nearly well enough to know its trueness, another thing that discomforted her.
" excuse her" said faye, embarrased at Collette's rude behavior, giving her another scathing look.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:02 PM   #24
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

Shade tossed a look at Collette, who didn't notice it and then turned back to Radae.
Shade-When do you plan to set out, soon, I would imagine...[Shade tried to make a grab for the plans, but Collette won't let they go even if Shade used a crowbar]
Shade-Distrust, can't have it on a mission such as this, with such great importance.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:06 PM   #25
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette glared and continued to clutch the plans as if it were her first born son. "who are you to preach about distrust when you wont even be honest about who you work for?" She growled.
Radae scowled at her and jerked the plans away, handing them to shade.
" so much for saving middle earth" she muttered to herself. "Not when a traitor is in our midst."
Old 09-02-2002, 03:21 PM   #26
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Radae gasped and turned back to Collete with a hurt look on her face. "If you don't trust Shade, that's fine," she said, "but I at least thought that you trusted me!" Collete looked up sharply. "Not you, Radae! Of course I trust you!" she ammended quickly. Radae nodded and looked satisfied.

Shade read the plans quickly and handed them back to Radae, who stuffed them into her vest pocket. "Right," he said, "yes, leaving soon is a good idea, and you'll take my advice as where to get your supplies.."

Radae nodded and he continued, "Horses- and ponies- will be hard to get, since the folk of Bree don't use them very often, but there is a farm some 10 miles out of town that will sell you some. You can start there."

"Food won't be much better. There were droughts and floods throught the growing seasons this year and the food crops weren't all that great. However, if you buy an apple or two here and a loaf of bread there, and come back to their shops every so often, and build up your stores gradually and carefully, it'll cost you moneywise and timewise, but you'll get food."

Collete folded her arms and turned away from Shade in disgust. "That's dishonest!" she said, "That's cheating people out of what little food they have!" Radae shushed her. "Yes Collete, but they'll get more than their money's worth if we follow through, and what choice do we have? We don't even have enough supplies to make it back to the Shire! And even if we did, we'd use them again all the way back and end up no better off..."
Old 09-02-2002, 03:24 PM   #27
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

Shade-Have any of you ever met Saurman?
Collette-No! Have you?[she said a bit accussingly]
Shade-Maybe, anyway I'm serious...its very important...

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Judge Simon ]
Old 09-02-2002, 03:29 PM   #28
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette Gave an accusing stare and threw her hands in the air. "see?! hes untrustworthy!" she said louldy, not caring that she said it to his face. "he is probably a spy." she said eyeing him with distrust..
Old 09-02-2002, 03:33 PM   #29
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

Shade-You assume too much, how do I know if I can trust a theif, that would have found herself in the stocks, had it not been for this spy...I was just trying to see if any of you knew exactly what you were playing at.

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Judge Simon ]
Old 09-02-2002, 03:35 PM   #30
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Radae studied Shade's face. His name suited him well. His face was hidden in shadow, but embers smouldered in his eyes, mingling light and darkness. His face was drawn and skull-like, with slight purpling beneath the eye-lids which suggested little sleep.

But there was something about him. An inner sense of nobility that could not be evil. A force or will to overcome hardship and fear and to be someone important. A kind of feeling she got every time she looked into the eyes of Aragorn...

"He is not a spy," Radae said. "At least he is not a spy of Mordor."

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Aradaewen ]
Old 09-02-2002, 03:43 PM   #31
Judge Simon
Wight

Pipe

Shade-Well, if you could convince your little friend of that by tomorrow, I'd be much obliged. I'm going outside the atmosphere in here is too stuffy.
{Shade got up and exited the pub. He walked across the street and sat down on a bench. He lit his long clay pipe and sent smoke rings into the air he watched some people leave the pub and others go in. Then he saw one of the people he had been talking to leave and come over to him...

ooC:that can be for any one...
Old 09-02-2002, 03:43 PM   #32
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette bit back a diatribe she longed to throw at him, as she realized he was right. He had saved her from being arrested, and that she herself, wasnt trustworthy either.
She silenced and turned around, sulking with her elbows on the table...
Old 09-02-2002, 03:59 PM   #33
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

<>Obviously that one isn't Collete! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]<>

Radae looked down at Shade, who was resting with his back against the Inn wall, his hood over his face, and his eyes closed, <>I guess<> puffing smoke rings. "May I join you?" Radae asked. "If you must," Shade replied, noncommittally.

Radae sat beside him, and drew a slender wooden pipe from within her vest. It was elegantly carved with the end fashioned in the shape of an open-mouthed dragon. Shade looked at Radae in surprise. She shrugged and grinned, "Are only men allowed to smoke?"

When he didn't answer, she grabbed a pinch of weed from a small pouch inside her vest and blew smoke rings along with Shade for a time, each trying to outdo the other in ring size, shape, and color.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:06 PM   #34
Judge Simon
Wight

Pipe

Shade gave a light chuckle
Shade-Not bad
Radae-oh, he laughs. I thought you never laughed
Shade-Sure I laugh, sometimes, I don't laugh all day like an idiot.[Shade replied and then he noticed some one else he knew. A tall dark figure]Excuse me a minute.[He left Rade before she could respond. Shade walked over and began talking to the dark guest. Although Radae knew much and had keen hearing, she couldn't make out what they were saying. The language they were speaking in sounded harsh but not like orc or Black Speech. He talked for sometime and then the dark one left and Shade returned to the bench.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:10 PM   #35
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"That was a strange meeting," Radae said as soon as Shade sat down. "Who was that?" Shade didn't answer. "You know, if we're going to be traveling together, there needs to be trust, like you said before. How can I trust someone who speaks with dark strangers in unknown languages and doesn't answer questions about it?" Shade actually looked amused that Radae would put it so bluntly. (and very unelfishly)
Old 09-02-2002, 04:24 PM   #36
Judge Simon
Wight

Pipe

Shade puffed on his pipe for a moment
Shade-Trust, hard to gain, easy to lose. I have many contacts in this world, not all of them are so secretive. But that one, that one I just met with. He is a friend of old and he wishes to keep his annymity. I must respect his own wishes as he respects mine. You never answered my question.
Radae-What was that?
Shade- I had asked if anyone had ever met Saurman, you didn't answer...
Old 09-02-2002, 04:34 PM   #37
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

She answered through gritted teeth- "No, I have not had the honor of meeting him, but when I do, the pleasure will be all mine..." Shade grinned again, but stopped suddenly.

Radae's eyes had started to glow with rage, burning with some inner fire. Her face elongated, and smoke furled from her nostrils. So great was her anger that she seemed to be transforming... into what?

A second later, he wondered if he had imagined it. She looked just like a normal elf-girl, but she looked scared. When he opened his mouth to question her, she muttered something about needing sleep and ran inside.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:39 PM   #38
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette watched Radae run inside, her hands covering her face in terror. She hopped down from her seat and drew her sword. " What did her do???? i swear when i get my hands on him......."
Old 09-02-2002, 04:42 PM   #39
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

Shade watched her run off. He had felt that there was more to her than she revealed, but he didn't know anything about her yet. An what of the two halflings. The one called Fae seemed likeable enough but the other one. The theif. Collette. He would have to watch his back around that one. He sat for awhile smoking his pipe, watching the people go by. When the dark one he had been talking to earlier sat next to him and began speaking in the same foreign tongue.
Dark1-Who is the girl?
Shade-An ally.
Dark1-Does she realize what she is getting herself into
Shade-No, she is blinded by hate.
Dark1-That can be used to an advantage
Shade-Maybe...news from the South?
Dark1-Silent as a tomb, you'll leave tomorrow?
Shade-Most likely.
Dark1-Well, go get some sleep, you look dead.
Shade gave a dark laugh and the Dark one left him and slipped into the shadows. Shade got up and went into a nearby inn and fell asleep...
Old 09-02-2002, 04:52 PM   #40
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

The next morning Radae seemed perfectly normal, a little strained, perhaps, but normal. She didn't answer any questions about the night before and treated the whole thing like it never happened. That was alright for Faye, but Collete and Shade were very interested, for very different reasons...