Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-04-2004, 03:26 AM   #641
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Esty's Law: Whenever I get the feeling that this RPG is near-dead, and firmly resolve never ever to begin Part 3, posts start rolling in, in a quantity and quality that makes me want to go on forever.

A wonderful post, Saucy! You managed to advance the plot and still insert so many laughs that it was a treat to read! And that at an hour which I would not choose for creative writing - thanks for your great contribution! (sërf-fletting, via VIA, Toll Entrihëa - fun!)

...and no, unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to see "Eastenders", so your last reference will remain vaguely humorous for me, but not chiming a chord, alas!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 12-04-2004 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:22 PM   #642
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Question

You were planning a part three?

Since I think we are going to destroy Muddled Mirth (one way or the other) was this going to be in...

Space, the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Entish Surprise...

(Yes, I know that was lame )

EDIT: Speaking of lame jokes, before we arrive at Valleyum, I'd like to post one more time. I have a flinchingly, wincingly, nauseatingly bad joke I'd like to get in (stolen from several different media formats no less). So, were we ready to get there, or were we waiting for some of our stragglers to catch up with us?
Old 12-06-2004, 07:37 AM   #643
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Completely destroying Muddled-Mirth?! That's a pretty high goal, even for the specialized experts of the Destruction-Company-Ship! I hadn't dared to hope for such a lofty climax. My thoughts were, when the Ent-That-Was-Broken is reunited, he needs some company - you know, "It is not good that Ent should be alone." So I'd toyed with the idea of Part the Third, The Return of the Entwife, wherein he finds out that she was only gone on a long shopping spree, buying some of those lovely hats with fruit decoration, and finally comes back again. However, if Muddled-Mirth is destroyed...

No problem, you are welcome to post again before we reach the shores of Valleyum, Kuru - Thena will be posting soon, he said, and since we will not proceed with the plot until after Christmas, I'd planned to have the ship arrive in the West the first week of January or so.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 12-06-2004, 08:18 AM   #644
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
And I had proposed that the woody subject of our quest may need some rehabilitation. Perhaps he has amnesia? The title I suggest is The Re-Entification of the Unified Bow.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:06 PM   #645
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

In that case, I'll try to restrain myself.

I'll wait till the end of the week to post.

That happens to be, ever so coincidently, when all my terminals...er, I mean finals are over.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:57 PM   #646
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I *am* writing the next post -- real life overwhelmed my weekend, sorry it's not up already -- it should be anytime now...really...no, I mean it this time...
Old 12-10-2004, 01:26 AM   #647
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I'm going back to Ukraine next week, and if the revolution doesn't run me over, I will maybe like to post sometime over my holidays, unless we're done by then.

Great job on all the latest stuff, by the way.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:44 PM   #648
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Question

Err...ahem...etc???
Old 12-14-2004, 08:30 PM   #649
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Hey. Don't look at me. Following the dramatic drumbeats, I need at least one intervening post before I can continue with the next episode of Valleyenders.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:14 AM   #650
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Genius takes time...
Old 12-25-2004, 03:33 AM   #651
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Just in case you hadn't noticed , we're on holiday hiatus - Merry Christmas, everyone!
Old 12-28-2004, 03:36 PM   #652
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Is our holiday hiatus over yet?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:29 AM   #653
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

It is if someone posts...

I'll be planning to land the Boat-People-Ship in Valleyum sometime next week unless someone lets me know of posts pending prior to that. Thena, is that post of yours coming up? Diamond, Lush, do either of you want to get in a post before we land?
Old 01-05-2005, 04:01 AM   #654
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

*Esty blows the horn of Gondor, the horn of Rohan, and the horn of Buckland in a last attempt to arouse the sleeping RPers.*

Writers of the Bow, arise!

The landing post is being written and will be up within a day or two unless I hear from someone who absolutely wants to get in a post before then.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:31 AM   #655
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Outstanding post Ellesar... I mean Estelyn! You have set a new record for song parodies!

Saucepan! Talk about a plot twist! Does anyone know a good divorc loyer? It'll take a bit to digest the consequences of this. I seriously pity the poor fool who will be writing Haulie's part.... Wait a minute....
Old 01-06-2005, 11:38 AM   #656
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Hey. Some Velou have it. Other's just don't ...

What a fantastic post by Estelyn, though. I am a sucker for song parodies and I don't think that more could have been fitted into a post even had the Rutles themselves come to town.

Quote:
And you'll be here in my arms.
Digesting.

And as for Leninia's song ...

But how could you do that to that magnificent white bird? Oh well, once a Gallowship, always a Gallowship, I suppose.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #657
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Why, Mith? You can't imagine how to write for a workaholic?

Take comfort - the last word is not yet spoken...

Saucy, thanks for the flowers! I must say though, that there are surely more white birds in Valleyum than just that one, aren't there?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:00 AM   #658
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I forgot to publicly mention Saucy's wonderful post - thanks for your excellent writing, and a record time for following up!

I have posted yet again; sorry about that, but I asked the game founder and she didn't mind, since the game has been moving so slowly anyway. I simply had to use the ideas to which Saucy's earlier post inspired me...

Now anyone is welcome to post. You may want to take the MixedNutsShip through customs (via VIA, of course), meet and greet inhabitants of this fair country, visit the city of Valleyfornia, or just wreak the usual havoc amongst them. Do not pass "go", do not collect... ahem, do not do anything that would interfere with their later meeting with the Velour and Mogûl, since Saucy has plans there. Mith, please inform me concerning your next plot developments, at least as far as they must be planned.

Should anyone have a post that would precede the latest ones, it could be inserted into a previous post by one of the admins. Please use bolding with the name of the member [ Kuruharan's post ] to tack it onto the end of someone else's, so that it can be recognized.

PS @ Mith - I suppose no one is going to let me forget that black sheep of the Telcontar family soon, huh?! sigh...
Old 01-07-2005, 03:57 PM   #659
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

I hope my hurried bit of plaigerism doen't disrupt anyone's plans...
Old 01-09-2005, 11:33 PM   #660
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots gallop, Gallop, GALLOP...

I must apologize for my sudden absence and subsequent failure to post when I had promised to do so. My vacation took an unexpected turn which removed me from internet access. It may be just as well. Sad chuckles like the two I had planned don't really deserve the light of day.

I shall make a glorious (or more likely ignominious) return to advance the plot in the next few days.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #661
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Lush and Diamond, please check your PMs.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #662
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Thanks for that great post, Mith! I loved the dialogue between Dim and Macaw. That and yet another fun song parody... *sobs* Grrralph isn't really dead, is he?

Diamond, Lush, Thena - are you still with us? Please give some kind of life-sign!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #663
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

E's not dead. E's just resting...
Old 01-11-2005, 03:58 AM   #664
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Hi all. Hal is mid-draft, although it is likely to be a shorter one.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:41 AM   #665
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Quote:
Please give some kind of life-sign!

Ehm... best I can do at the moment. More later. I promise to try harder to be good. But Estelyn did not perceive that Diamond had her fingers crossed behind her back. And even had she done so, she would not have known their import.

No, really.... I haven't completely and entirely forgotten that I've got Vogie and Pimpi not to mention Manuel and Prada to tend to, though it seems I do tend to suppress the memory.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:21 AM   #666
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Question

Are there some plans for how to introduce the Velour (beyond Yawanna)? I don't mean to the Itship, I mean in the game itself. As in, would a post with Manuël and Prada (Varda of course) interfer with what Mogul is doing? I don't know what would be the best time to bring them into the thread.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:03 AM   #667
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

"Prada" - great name! Sounds like a very fashion-conscious Vala - oops, Velou.

Plotwise, there will be an official 'hearing' of the Itship before the assembled Velour; however, you are welcome to write a post for them that introduces them as characters, gives an idea of their position in Valleyum, etc. All writers may do that with their Velour characters, but posts with the Itship characters discovering a strange new world are welcome as well.

Here is the Velour character list, by way of reminder:

Melvin/Môgul - Saucy
Yawanna - Esty
Haulie - Mith
Prada and Manuël - Diamond
Mantoes - (was to be Squatter, now NPC or up for grabs)
Tulk Hogan - (was to be BW, ditto above)
Tickle-Me-Ulmo - Thena
Hornme the Foxhunter - Kuru
? - Lush (?)

Additionally, we have more Velour that can be used as NPCs (non-player characters); perhaps we should come up with parody names for them so that they can be used by all.

Tolkien calls'em:

Irmo
Estë
Nienna
Nessa
Oromë
Vána
Vairë

Open for suggestions...

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 01-12-2005 at 07:19 AM. Reason: character list added
Old 01-12-2005, 07:53 AM   #668
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

She lives!

Good to see you back, Diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
As in, would a post with Manuël and Prada (Varda of course) interfer with what Mogul is doing?
Not at all, provided that they don't encounter Môgul, destroy his army, reunify the rent Ent etc. I should also clarify that Yawanna will not be with the other Velour, as she is currently in the process of eloping with the Dread Developer.

Prada is a great name, Diamond. It goes rather well with Vogonwe's earlier invocation of her: Ellevoguereth Cosmopolitaniel!

Surely Estë should be Esty (and vice versa).

And Ungoliant is mine ... MUAHAHAHA!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #669
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Vana and Nessa

Wanna, as in "I wanna", and Nessie, as in Loch, seem suitably Velourous.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:01 PM   #670
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'm enjoying the various name suggestions! Here are the ones that occurred to me in the meantime:

Estë-Lynn (no need to guess for the inspiration there...)
Vairsacë (in keeping with Diamond's fashion theme)
Chanessa (ditto)
Nír-Vana (Valleyum New - um, Third - Agey)

Keep those cards and letters coming, folks! Nothing is definite yet.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #671
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Quote:
Nothing is definite yet.
I think that you may be surprised by some of the plotting that has been going on..
Old 01-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #672
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

What a clever post, Kuru! You managed to combine both your original character(s) and the new one, whilst throwing in a MP reference just for fun. You kept the 'Ent's Surprise' triumvirate with the Itship - what does everyone think? Shall we carry them on as NPCs or shall we conveniently lose them along the way?

Rim, that has to be the most original way to use a song parody - as a running conversational joke! Great fun! Of course there have to be some puns - my favorite was the heir-loom!

Nice to have things happening again - I look forward to the next...
Old 01-13-2005, 03:30 PM   #673
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Signs of life

I'm still faithfully reading, and desperately trying to think of some way of creatively interjecting Gateskeeper into the works...to appropriate the word-of-the-month, I've been hit with a tsunami of real life. I'm still trying to finish the Tribble-post!! (In hopes of attaching it to a post while we were still on the water...) Great posts, everyone, I *REALLY* wish I had time and inspiration right now. DOn't drop me off just yet, though, and thanks to all of you who included Gatesy in a line or two of your posts!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:01 PM   #674
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

And I vote for "Odorome" (Velou of Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants)and "Vanna-white" (Velou of luck, who spins the Wheel of Fortune).

Vince

"Vanna White: In the US version, the co-host and letter-turner on the Wheel of Fortune game show."
Old 01-13-2005, 07:57 PM   #675
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Quote:
You kept the 'Ent's Surprise' triumvirate with the Itship - what does everyone think? Shall we carry them on as NPCs or shall we conveniently lose them along the way?
As a personal favor, can I ask that we lose them? I've never watched Star Trek so pretty much everything about them has completely lost me, and I wouldn't know how to go about writing them. Of course, if I just limit my posts to not use them, it doesn't matter, but I just thought I should say that I've been kind of following things and waiting for them to get lost.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #676
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

I agree. I'm not really much of a Trekkie myself. I have enjoyed their involvement so far, but I think that they've had their day (voyage?). And if Macaw says "Blast it Dim ..." one more time ...

I vote we lose them.

If you want to leave them at the foot of the Stairway to Heaven, I will make sure that Mogul has neatly disposed of them by your return. [Insert evil smilie here]
Old 01-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #677
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

*Sigh* Some people have no appreciation for insufferably corny (to say nothing of repetitive) humor.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #678
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

I'm a doctor, not a scriptwriter...
Old 01-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #679
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

1420!

Ladies and gentlemen, I would ask of you a favor. Scroll back up to post #227, originally authored by Saucy, and find appended thereunto the much delayed, over-hyped, and inferior quality post which I have been promising for two months. I had done so much work on it that I couldn't just let it die, and I finally found a bit of time in my sadly fragmented life to finish it up. I will do my best not to let so long a time elapse before my next missive.

The Late Thenamir
Old 01-15-2005, 08:44 AM   #680
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'm glad you didn't give up on that post, Thena! It would have been a shame to miss out on it. Thanks for your perseverance. I very much enjoyed it, especially as "Tribbles" is my favorite ST episode. You added 'Schuphilboerd', showing that the members of the Itship can be creative, not just destructive. I like the name of the island, the cute reference to Cirkdan's dalliance, and the 'chinchilla trumpet'. (It plays in the same orchestra as the ermine violin, obviously...) And Merisu has aquired a hitherto unknown sister?!

Since those few opinions that were expressed on the matter of the ship's officers coincide nicely with my own, I would ask that one of the next posters devise a quick and clever way to lose them.