The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-10-2004, 08:08 AM   #561
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
White-Hand *Bump*

Hello, LOTR Collection Fans!

Well, due to the fact that I cannot spend much $$ of late, I'm afraid I haven't added too much to my collection, save two packs of cards from the obscure game, which unfortunately (for me, anyway) featured mostly Orcs and other baddies and scenes from Helm's Deep. That should teach me not to buy unopened packs, I guess, but one can always hope....
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:48 PM   #562
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Here follows a small addition to my list:

- "LotR" Monopoly (I find it very enjoyable you can buy Bill the Pony and Asfaloth instead of railroads! )
- Another bookmark with Merry and Pippin on one side, King Théoden and Eowyn on the opposite.

Samwise, yes, I, too, bought trading card packs with hopes of finding a Sam card inside... . No luck so far. Lovely card!
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:01 PM   #563
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up Hullo, Miss Rilwen!

One can never have too many close up shots of Sam. I try to stick to www.diverzions.com for my cards, since you can see right in front of you what you're getting, but every once in a while I'll be bumping around on ebay, and....
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 04-27-2004, 10:40 PM   #564
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

White-Hand *bump*

I am getting two more LOTR related items--one for myself, and one for a gift-before I have to quit "merchandise hunting" for a while because I have huge dentist bills to pay.

The first is a gift for a gift for a fellow LOTR enthusiast and a Karl Urban/Eomer fan.

The second is, believe it or not, for me. I say "believe it or not" 'cause it's not of Sean/Sam. The little guy's eyes just really got to me in this pic. Besides, you can't have Sam without Mr. Frodo , now can you?

Last edited by Samwise; 04-27-2004 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Missed a "'s"
Old 04-29-2004, 08:40 AM   #565
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Those are really Cool, Samwise.

I guess my husband figured he hadn't bought me anything in a while so he got me LOTR Trivial Pursuit, and I found a poseable Gollum on clearance for $1.34 at Target, so I figured I could afford him.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #566
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Clearance? Target? (Makes mental note)

I just bought that book about Fairy Stories before Tolkien. I forget the title.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:50 AM   #567
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

My sister and I spent about twenty minutes in Target playing with this Gollum/Smeagol posable toy that talked. If you push one button, he talks like Gollum, and the other button makes him talk like Smeagol. IT PLAYED THE FISH SONG!! Wheee! It also did the "Smeagol Cackle" that he does when he drops the rabbit into Frodo's lap. Oddly, we went into Target to buy Gummi Worms. How we ended up in the toy aisle is anybody's guess.

As for merchandise that I own, my collection is pathetically slim. I have FOTR and TTT on video, of course. I also have a bookmark and an action figure. (okay, okay, it's Legolas. Don't hit me. I'm not an obsessed fangirl.) In addition, I have FOTR, TTT, and ROTK for Playstation 2, as well as TTT for Gameboy Advance. They're fun, but it's depressing when you end up dying. It makes you want to scream, "I've Failed the Fellowship! Waaah!" Well, that's what it makes ME feel, anyway.

MAEG
Old 04-29-2004, 03:30 PM   #568
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

Trivial Pursuit? Oh, cool, can I come up to your house and play, Miss Rae?

Sigh...got to pay th' dentist money I could be using to spend on my collection....
But oh, well. I think all I have room for now is cards and pictures and the like, if you follow me.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:50 PM   #569
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
and I found a poseable Gollum on clearance for $1.34 at Target, so I figured I could afford him.
Oh yes, the Target down here currently has so many Gollum figures it is crazy (I think they had about 50 and they were all on serious discount). In additon the only other figure they had was Aragorn in his Gondorian armor (they had a much, much smaller selection of him, but he was still on discount).

I still have gotten basically nothing recently. I am very much getting into the cheap future college student state of mind right now
Old 04-29-2004, 07:44 PM   #570
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

White Tree

Gollum? Give me a poseable Sam/Frodo (Sam alone or Sam AND Frodo...) any day. Of course if I did have a Gollum, I could use the Sam in Moria action figure to whack him over the head with the frying pan....(sorry, just not a Gollum fan).

Today in the mail I recieved the Karl Urban/Eomer autographed pic I'm giving for a gift (and Miss Lynn, if you read this and figure out who it's for, PUH-LEEEZE don't tell her?
Old 05-02-2004, 03:23 PM   #571
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Sting

I finally got a Sting. Well, sort of, it's just a sword that I will call Sting until I get the toy version of it. Anyway, I recently bought a "Sultan's Sabre" (machette looking thing) for a dance show I'm in. (I play the part of "Mr. Shmee" in Peter Pan.) And since I named my broken musketeer sword "Narsil" my pirate sword will be "Sting" until further notice.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:00 PM   #572
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Cool, Morai! Whatever works! Awful shame our collecting has to be hindered by this money thing....

Got the autographed pic of Karl Urban/Eomer the other day. The gal to whom it will be a gift will not get it 'til December, when her birthday is, but I have a few other things to send her, too, and if I "run into" more so to speak, she's going to get a whopping package of goodies come December. (I just LOVE doin' stuff like that. )

Haven't recieved my L'il Mr. Wood pic yet, but again, it IS comin' from Austrailia, and I've had the experience before that things take a bit of time to get from there to here....

Some....stuff
Old 05-02-2004, 11:41 PM   #573
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Not much new...

Quote:
Today in the mail I recieved the Karl Urban/Eomer autographed pic I'm giving for a gift (and Miss Lynn, if you read this and figure out who it's for, PUH-LEEEZE don't tell her?
Samwise: She won't find out from me.

Not much to add in the collection department. I had to have dental work done also...I needed a new computer...and my clothes dryer went to that big laundromat in the sky a couple of weeks ago. I really dislike having to spend money on these inconsequential things (well, maybe not the computer) instead of my collection. My Arwen coronation banner has still not come...apparently there's a delay with the manufacturer. But I got the Rotk game for pc, and a few new figures:
  • Gondorian soldier on horseback (3-inch)
    King Theoden on horseback (3-inch)
    Éomer on horseback (3-inch)
    Rohirrim on horseback (3-inch)
    King of the Dead (6-inch) **he glows in the dark**
    Merry in armour (6-inch) ** really 4 1/2 inches**
    Ringwraith on horseback (3-inch) **I had to get him--I only had 8 ringwraiths and I needed 9**

I also hung my Aragorn banner and mounted Andúril next to it; bought frames and hung my large TTT poster and RotK poster; and mounted my small Trilogy poster from my 3rd viewing of RotK.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:58 AM   #574
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
So, Alatariel, when do we get to see a picture of your collection?

Nine ringwraiths... brrr.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:16 AM   #575
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Palantir-Green Re: She won't find out from me....

Thank you much, Miss Lynn. Didn't figure you really WOULD say anything, but for some wierd reason a person always feels like they have to say that "Please don't tell!" stuff.

Oooh....I have one Ringwraith mini and that's enough. As stated on another page, I haven't let it out of the box. Unfortunately, Sam and Frodo are in there WITH it, but they're both armed....

If I ever DO take it out, I'll stick it over by my slightly larger "Sam in Moria" figure (armed with both Barrowblade and frying pan) or even better, my 9-inch Polyston Sam and Bill figure.

*CRUNCH*
Sam: Oops. Sorry 'bout that. Ya gotta watch where your goin', Bill...

My dental work begins at 8:30 this morning, which means I've got to get off of here and get going.....x_x

Cute new avatar, Miss Helen. The kids at work were watching the 2nd Lilo and Stitch movie the other day....

Last edited by Samwise; 05-03-2004 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:30 PM   #576
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up Zoinks!

I got word in the (e)mail this morning that the seller of my "Li'l Mr. Wood" pic recieved my payment and will have it out by Tuesday (ack! That's TOMORROW, ninnyhammer!)

So now I'll have and 8x10 Frodo to go with my 8x10 Sam. Just no separating those two...not if I have anything to say about it....

(Got to find a Frodo Toy Biz figure to go with my Sam in Moria....)
Old 05-03-2004, 07:18 PM   #577
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Sting Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise
Cool, Morai! Whatever works! Awful shame our collecting has to be hindered by this money thing....
Yeah, I probably do have enough money for a light up toy verion. It's just that I've been really needing to get some pics developed. So I'm putting my "Sting" on hold. Hmm, my temporary subsitute is going to be covered in glitter for the show. I wonder if they could use light blue glitter? (I can hope anyway )
Old 05-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #578
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

White Tree

Gosh Alatáriël, I am so amazed by the scope of your collection.

Are you sure that you don't own everything? and In addition I just have to ask... How many rooms could the collection fill? (It sounds like it's all over the house, but if you had to put it is one room, how much of it would it fill?)

It sounds so cool though. Somedays I do wish I would have bought the action figures, and of course the Flame of the West itself, or Narsil reforged (can't spell the name, don't have book nearby). I think someday I will buy those knives of Legolas (they are awfully beautiful), and someday, far, far, far in the future I will most definitely get the LOTR Pinball machine

In the words of Gollum, it is my preciousses, and I must have it
Old 05-13-2004, 09:10 PM   #579
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril Vote for me!

Quote:
So, Alatariel, when do we get to see a picture of your collection?
Helen: Well, it just so happens...

contest pics

Entry #3 is mine, but please feel free to vote for the entry you like the best (although I could really use one of those gift certificates!!!)

Quote:
So now I'll have an 8x10 Frodo to go with my 8x10 Sam. Just no separating those two...not if I have anything to say about it....

(Got to find a Frodo Toy Biz figure to go with my Sam in Moria....)
Stacey: You know there's just no separating those two...

Quote:
Gosh Alatáriël, I am so amazed by the scope of your collection.

Are you sure that you don't own everything? and In addition I just have to ask... How many rooms could the collection fill? (It sounds like it's all over the house, but if you had to put it is one room, how much of it would it fill?)

It sounds so cool though. Somedays I do wish I would have bought the action figures, and of course the Flame of the West itself, or Narsil reforged (can't spell the name, don't have book nearby). I think someday I will buy those knives of Legolas (they are awfully beautiful), and someday, far, far, far in the future I will most definitely get the LOTR Pinball machine

In the words of Gollum, it is my preciousses, and I must have it
Gorwingel: Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to own everything. I do have stuff scattered through about 4 rooms, although I could probably fit it all in one room. Andúril is hanging on my living room wall, along with Aragorn's banner (see pic link above). The knives of Legolas are currently on backorder and probably will be for a few months...I hear United Cutlery has approximately 10,000 backorders from dealers to fill.

I, too, feel like Gollum when I see something new -- we wants it, preciouss, yess, we wants it...we needs it...we mussst have it!!
Old 05-16-2004, 02:11 AM   #580
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Oh, today I went to a local Tolkien convention, and it had many great things. But one of the highlight was a charity silent auction with many cool things. Most of them were things like autographs, posters, etc. But there was one, little item... One very small item that really caught my eye. It was one of the gold rings thrown by Elijah Wood at Mardi Gras!!!

It is so cool! Instead of having the ring script, it has his name, the year, and the name of the parade. Now this item may not be impressive to local Louisiana residents, but I am a person from Washington state, so this was pretty impressive. It was donated to the auction by someone who actually attended the parade, and it even comes with pictures. But I don't know if I will try for it, it started out at the price of $25! Which I personally think it pretty steep... but I don't know... I really, really want it though.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:57 AM   #581
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

White Tree Elijah what?

Not that I'd ever care to have a Ring, but this sounds kind of interesting. You mean it had Li'l Mr. Wood's name on it?---and he threw it? Like into the crowd or something?

Recently, again for a gift, I recieved an Eomer promo card. I can't find where I put it at the moment, but it was a contest promotion, I think from England. (I peeked--it wasn't a winner). I'll be looking for a Sam one, just 'cause Sam's my guy, and after that a Frodo....'cause you can't have Frodo without Sam or Sam without Frodo, them bein' two halves of one heart an' all......
Old 05-16-2004, 01:42 PM   #582
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

Quote:
Not that I'd ever care to have a Ring, but this sounds kind of interesting. You mean it had Li'l Mr. Wood's name on it?---and he threw it? Like into the crowd or something?
He was "Bacchus" (spelling?), kind of a grand marshal in one of the big Mardi Gras parades down in Louisiana. Traditionally they throw large beaded necklaces, but I guess he had some of those cool rings too.

Personally I envy anyone who has one of those rings. I would trade my bookmark "One ring"s for "Elijah Rings" any day.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:31 PM   #583
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Narya Mardi Gras....

Oh, okay...I think I'm farmiliar with the necklaces you're talking about.

I have plenty of rings, and it certainly would be cool to have one that had been tossed by Li'l Mr. Wood. Myself I don't care to have a One Ring/Replica of it, is what I meant. Carrying around or wearing symbols of ultimate evil just ain't my thing.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:12 PM   #584
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Well the ring didn't have any of the ring script on it, and it wasn't attached to a necklace, but it was still awfully awsome. I decided to skip on it though because of the price (I still think it was quite a steep price, but it is a very unique piece).

The Con was very cool though, and if anyone is interested one of the guests of honor was the jewlery designer from the film, Jasmine Watson. I got to talk to her a little bit, and she was very nice. I mainly asked her questions about Eowyn's belt (there was two of them if anyone wants to know, one made of silver, and another made of bronze), and in addition (since this is a collecting topic) she had her own collection of jewlery, which included a beautiful leaf done in the style of the brooch of Lorien (but, alas I didn't purchase it, but she does sell it on her website).

I had a really great time. I know I am probably going to regret not getting the Mardi Gras ring (because I really wanted to go, but because of school that was impossible), but oh well
Old 05-19-2004, 09:35 AM   #585
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sounds like the ring was cool--and your meeting. Never met with an actual LOTR person before, just a pair of Hobbit feet....

Too bad about prices....I'm just getting back into "collection" mode after some steep dentist bills....gotta start small yet.

LOTR Stuff
Old 05-19-2004, 10:48 PM   #586
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril Baccus...

Quote:
I'll be looking for a Sam one, just 'cause Sam's my guy, and after that a Frodo....'cause you can't have Frodo without Sam or Sam without Frodo, them bein' two halves of one heart an' all......
Stacey: so true...so true!!

Quote:
It is so cool! Instead of having the ring script, it has his name, the year, and the name of the parade. Now this item may not be impressive to local Louisiana residents, but I am a person from Washington state, so this was pretty impressive. It was donated to the auction by someone who actually attended the parade, and it even comes with pictures.
Gorwingel: Wow, thanks for reminding me! I knew there was something from my collection that I hadn't listed, but I couldn't remember what it was. I found my ring on eBay, but without any pictures. Although New Orleans isn't tooooo terribly far away from me, I wasn't able to make it for Elijah's parade. I've never had any interest in attending Mardi Gras, but I would have made an exception this time if I could have...

Quote:
Personally I envy anyone who has one of those rings. I would trade my bookmark "One ring"s for "Elijah Rings" any day.
Morai: It really is cool looking...and quite large. I would guess about a size 12 or 13, which is too big for me to wear. I bought it JUST because it said 'Elijah Wood' on it.
**Hi, my name is Alatáriël, and I'm an Elijah Wood addict.**
Old 05-20-2004, 04:29 PM   #587
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Narya

Quote:
Stacey: so true...so true!!
Well, it IS your sayin', Miss Lynn....

Quote:
Wow, thanks for reminding me! I knew there was something from my collection that I hadn't listed, but I couldn't remember what it was. I found my ring on eBay
You DID find one on ebay....? Very cool, Miss Lynn, thank you for saying so--I wondered.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:05 PM   #588
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Now I am most definitely jealous!

How much did you pay for it?

and if you ever find another could you please alert me
I would just like another chance to get it at a cheaper price

Well just to add... I did just look on Ebay and I found a few more, most being at about 10 dollars.

I just don't know, I have never bidded on Ebay so I am a little nervious about trying it out. I do know that if I did I would most likely get addicted

Last edited by Gorwingel; 05-20-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Gorwingel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:23 PM   #589
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring Rings

Quote:
Morai: It really is cool looking...and quite large. I would guess about a size 12 or 13, which is too big for me to wear. I bought it JUST because it said 'Elijah Wood' on it.
Oh...then I'd probably wear it on a chain I have. (I bought it a Claire's. It was part of their stand on charm bracelets/ necklaces) The chain looks alot like the one Frodo uses in the movie, so my "one ring" hangs from it when I wear it. I wear a size 5 in rings...I think. (I have skinny fingers.)
Quote:
**Hi, my name is Alatáriël, and I'm an Elijah Wood addict.**
Sounds like something someone would say at a EA meeting. (Elijah Aholics) But...I shouldn't be talking, I'm an obsessor of the blue-eyed guy myself.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:03 PM   #590
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Narya Sigh.....

This is sooooo much PROOF that Sam should stay away from ebay....

Last edited by Samwise; 05-22-2004 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:30 PM   #591
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

You got that one!

I am so happy for you
Old 05-22-2004, 08:32 PM   #592
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up I don't believe it.......

I was even surprised to find a RING available, much less all that other stuff....and never mind the ring, those pictures are the best part of the package, in my opinion. LOL....I wonder if they make one of those Bacchus costumes every year, or if they had to send out and have and extra teeny-tiny one made for him ? I guess it's probably supposed to fit loosely, but the getup still looks big on the li'l fellow.....
Old 05-23-2004, 12:24 AM   #593
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Quote:
but the getup still looks big on the li'l fellow.....
Well he is of normal size, but no I don't think they make the costumes new every single year. They have been doing that parade for a very, very long time (I think since the 60's or so), and it already costs a lot of money to run, and I think that most of the time the celebrity guest (because they have one every year) doesn't even don the costume, and usually dons a suit instead. So Elijah being the kind of person who just jumps into things. Most likely they weren't prepared for him to want to wear a cosutme, so they just got him one that everyone wears (because there are a lot of people on those floats).

I do like the pictures though, it is just that I wish I would have been able to get down to New Orleans at that time, because it would have been awfully exciting
Old 05-23-2004, 09:00 AM   #594
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Question Normal size?

Not sure what you mean by that.

The thought came to my head, I suppose, 'cause the other night a neighbor and I were out to dinner and were discussing how very teeny tiny he is....

I wrote to the seller the other day 'cause I wanted to know what name to write my check to....haven't heard from him yet, hope to do so, soon.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:57 PM   #595
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
For the ultimate in collectibles, try Middle-earth furniture... Click here.

But you'd better have a heap of money ready!
Old 05-24-2004, 07:43 PM   #596
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Palantir-Green ? $$$$ ?

Why, Miss Child, dosen't everyone have an extra forty thousand dollars lying around for a new dining table?

I got the note about who to send my payment to for my Li'l Mr. Wood pics, coin, ring, etc. It's coming from Louisiana, so.....maybe it won't be here in too long.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:02 AM   #597
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Tolkien

Well, I've ordered my Elven Bathtub, but you'll have to check out the Decorating page to see it's picture.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:19 PM   #598
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

$40,000 for a dining table! This is good news!

It makes my recent bids and wins on eBay for Tolkien Calendars seem quite small and acceptable in comparison!

Over the past several months I've upped my number from four to twelve, I think. And am just now looking through the 1982 Calendar illustrated by Darrell Sweet I received in the mail today.

Lovely, bright pictures!

It always interesting to see how others view scenes from the books.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:22 PM   #599
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Hullo!

Miss Pio! How be you?

Miss Rae, I can't see no bathtubs, Elvish or otherwise. Is there another thing to click once you get to where your link goes?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:43 AM   #600
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

I posted a Picture of it on the Decorating Room. It's Page 2 post 43.

I ordered it for the Master Bath in the home we're renovating.