The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #14321
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
how about T?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #14322
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
THER

"---ethe-e-- / - / ---- / -r--t / th- / -r--er /," said someone, "--- / th-- / -h--t / -- / t- / E----e- /, --- / -e / -et / -ree / -- / -- / -er---e /."
Old 06-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #14323
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"i"s, please.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #14324
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
THEIR

"---ethe-e-- / I / -i-- / -r--t / th- / -r--er /," said someone, "--- / th-- / -h--t / -- / t- / Ei-i-e- /, --- / -e / -et / -ree / -- / -- / -er-i-e /."
Old 06-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #14325
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
O please.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #14326
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

TO HEIR

"-o-ethe-e-- / I / -i-- / -r--t / th- / -r--er /," said someone, "--- / tho- / -h--t / -o / to / Ei-i-e- /, --- / -e / -et / -ree / o- / -- / -er-i-e /."
Old 06-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #14327
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"w"s?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #14328
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

TOW HEIR

"-o-ethe-e-- / I / wi-- / -r--t / th- / -r--er /," said someone, "--- / tho- / -h--t / -o / to / Ei-i-e- /, --- / -e / -et / -ree / o- / -- / -er-i-e /."
Old 06-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #14329
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
S's.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #14330
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

SHE ROW IT

"-o-ethe-e-- / I / wi-- / -r--t / th- / -r--er /," said someone, "--- / tho- / sh--t / -o / to / Ei-i-e- /, --- / -e / set / -ree / o- / -- / ser-i-e /."

Look at the word with the capital "E". It gives the whole quote away.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #14331
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
Narya

I would like a few Y's
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #14332
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

THEIR SOWY

"-o-ethe-ess / I / wi-- / -r--t / thy / -r-yer /," said someone, "--- / tho- / sh--t / -o / to / Ei-i-e- /, --- / -e / set / -ree / o- / -y / ser-i-e /."

I realised I missed some S's in the first word. Sorry about that!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #14333
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

White Tree

N
Old 06-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #14334
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

THEIR SNOWY

"Nonethe-ess / I / wi-- / -r-nt / thy / -r-yer /," said someone, "-n- / tho- / sh--t / -o / to / Ei-ine- /, -n- / -e / set / -ree / o- / -y / ser-i-e /."
Old 06-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #14335
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Nonetheless I will grant thy prayer, and thou shalt go to Eilinel, and be set free of my services."

Don't know who said it to whom nor when it was said.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #14336
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

It was Sauron, just before he killed Gorlim (in The Sil). Go ahead with it, Foley!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #14337
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay. It is QUITE evident that I need to re-read the Silm.

Here's the next one:

"----/ --/ ---/ -----/ ----/ ------/, ---/ ---/ --/ --------/ --/ -/ -----/ ------/? --/ ---/ ----/ ---/ --/: ---/ -----/ --/ ---/ -----/ -----/. --/ ---/ -----/ --/ ------/ --------."
Old 06-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #14338
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

My favourite E's, please, just as always.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #14339
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

And, as always, there are many of them.

E

"--e-/ -e/ ---/ ----e/ ---e/ ----e-/, ---/ ---/ --/ --------/ --/ -/ -----/ ---e--/? -e/ ---/ ---e/ ---/ -e/: --e/ ----e/ --/ --e/ ----e/ ---e-/. -e/ --e/ -----/ --/ -----e/ ---e--e-."
Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #14340
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

H please!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #14341
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

HE

"--e-/ he/ ---/ -h--e/ ---e/ ----e-/, ---/ ---/ --/ -----h--/ --/ -/ -----/ ---e--/? He/ h--/ ---e/ ---/ -e/: -he/ h---e/ --/ -he/ -h--e/ ---e-/. -e/ --e/ -----/ --/ -----e/ ---e-he-."
Old 06-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #14342
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A's, if you will.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #14343
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hea

"--e-/ he/ ---/ -h--e/ ---e/ ----e-/, a--/ ---/ a-/ -----h--/ a-/ a/ -----/ ---ea-/? He/ ha-/ ---e/ ---/ -e/: -he/ h---e/ --/ -he/ -h--e/ ---e-/. -e/ a-e/ -----/ --/ -a---e/ ---e-he-."
Old 06-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #14344
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

T please!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #14345
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Don't you have enough heat where you are?

HEAT

"--e-/ he/ --t/ -h--e/ ---e/ ----e-/, a--/ ---/ a-/ ----th--/ a-/ a/ ----t/ -t-ea-/? He/ ha-/ ---e/ ---/ -e/: the/ h---e/ --/ -he/ -h-te/ ---e-/. -e/ a-e/ -----/ t-/ -att-e/ t--ethe-."
Old 06-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #14346
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I figured out part of it, but I have no clue where it may come from. S please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Don't you have enough heat where you are?
Enough? Possibly. Too much? No. It's quite nice right now. I'd love to spend time outside if only I didn't love spending time on the Downs more.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #14347
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

HEATS

"--es/ he/ --t/ sh--e/ ---e/ s---e-/, a--/ ---/ as/ s---th--/ as/ a/ s---t/ st-ea-/? He/ has/ ---e/ ---/ -e/: the/ h--se/ --/ -he/ -h-te/ ---e-/. -e/ a-e/ -----/ t-/ -att-e/ t--ethe-."
Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #14348
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

R's please!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #14349
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

Narya

Let there be I's!
Old 06-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #14350
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am guessing this'll be it...

HIRE SAT

"--es/ he/ --t/ shi-e/ -i-e/ si--er/, a--/ r--/ as/ s---th--/ as/ a/ s-i-t/ strea-/? He/ has/ ---e/ --r/ -e/: the/ h-rse/ --/ the/ -hite/ Ri-er/. -e/ are/ --i--/ t-/ -att-e/ t--ether."
Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #14351
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Finally!!!

"Does he not shine like silver, and run as smoothly as a swift stream? He has come for me: the horse of the White Rider. We are going to battle together."

-Gandalf in The White Rider
Old 06-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #14352
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well done. I knew you could get it.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #14353
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

White Tree

Ahhh! I suck at this
Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #14354
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva View Post
Ahhh! I suck at this
Don't get upset over it. We all suck when we start new things. I think I was asking for letters for a few months before I actually got a quote.

"---- / ---- / ---- /!" he said. "--- / - / ---- / ------- / -- / ---- / -- / ---- /, -- / ------- / -- /. - / ----- / ---- / ------ / --- / - / ----- / ---- / -- / ---- / ------ /. --- / --'- / ---- / --- / ------ / ------ /, ---- / --- / ---- /."
Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #14355
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yeah. It took me a long time before I started getting quotes, so don't stress.

Okay, let's start this off with a bang!

T's, please.

How that constitutes a bang is beyond me, though, so don't ask.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #14356
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Banged T's

"---- / ---- / ---- /!" he said. "--- / - / ---- / --t---- / t- / ---- / -t / --t- /, -- / ------t / -t /. - / ----- / ---- / ------ / --- / - / ----- / ---- / -- / ---- / --t--- /. --- / --'- / ---- / --- / ------ / ------ /, ---- / --- / ---- /."
Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #14357
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Three? Three measly T's? We'll have to do better than that, love.

S's, now.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #14358
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Haha...never mind. I can't count tonight. There are decidedly more than three T's.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #14359
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

TS (and bang....whatever it is)

"---- / ---- / ---- /!" he said. "--- / - / ---- / --t---- / t- / ---- / -t / --t- /, -- / ------t / -t /. - / ----- / ---- / s----- / --- / - / ----- / ---- / -- / ---- / --t--- /. --t / --'s / ---- / --- / ------ / ------ /, ---- / --- / ---- /."

(Missed a T, now fixed. Why can I never do a quote without missing some letter? Just watch me miss an S this time...)
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #14360
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

That's a bit lame.

I succumb. E's.