Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2003, 03:16 PM   #121
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

"Hello!" Elhor was getting used to the strange sights and sounds. "I would love to join you! Thank you so very much!"

The relief showed in his large, expressive eyes. Nahai could now see he was only a boy, tall for his age, but certainly not older than 16. He straightened, looking about once more, out of habit.

"What is your name?"

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-18-2003, 04:20 PM   #122
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Where was she headed now that was a question, one she was ready to admit she didn't know the answer to herself. Maybe if she began at the begining it would be easir. She looked at the two hobbits waiting for her answer and then her eyes moved to Fin a smile played on her lips as she caught site of the wine staine, making up her mind she leant forward head on her hands and began.

"This isn't something i've talked to many people about, infact i've prefered to keep it hidden but since coming here the things that have happend and the people I've met." Here she paused and smiled warmly at Fin who was listening intently.
"Well they've made me change my mind. I apologies now if the story isn't that good but i'm not used to telling it, My earliest memory is a sad one, I was traveling with my parents to where i'm not sure and where we came from I don't know either but what I do remember is them my parents I mean, my mother had colouring much like my own her eyes were the same green her hair was a lighter brown but my father had the black hair like mine,there are other things but there blurry now." Without meaning to Huntress stoped speaking but when she noticed the silence jumped back into action.

"It was the morning I think, when someone came out of the woods just ahead of us, but nobody was worried my parents knew him, But...but they should have been worried, He murdered my family right infront of me the only reason he didn't kill me was because as luck would have it a group of nomads were traveling through the area they had heard the shouting and come to investigate, the murderer got away and I was left alone no family just my Fathers sword and my Mothers bow the person that had killed them however had left the permernant memory of his face in my mind." This time Huntress stopped due to the bitterness that had risen in her voice. She looked at her companions once again, the Hobbits were fully enrolled in the story while Fin looked at her with a cetain amount of concern. Once she was sure her anger wouldn't be a problem she began again.

"Well after that I stayed for a short time with the nomads and then I moved on, I was trained by those I stayed with untill I met with a Ranger who taught me all he knew. After he died I felt ready to do what I had always planned to hunt down the murderer of my parents and avenge them. So I became a Ranger it was a good cover for me when your looking like I was. Well the Ranger part was I had to keep the fact I was a elf hidden." The two hobbits looked at her shocked they themselves hadn't realised she was an elf, Fin however hadn't made the slightest indication of been shocked but Huntress had realised earlier that Fin probably knew she was elven and she also realised that without meaning to she was only really talking to Fin.

"So why are you now in the Shire did you find the person that killed your parents." It was one of the Hobbits, Huntress looked at the hobbit and felt coldness grip her heart as she answered.

"No, the trail has gone cold I may never find him, I'll always remember his face but I may never find him.......I decided instead that maybe it would be better if I made some time for my own kind." Her eyes flashed towards Fin for a second before returning to the Gaddy and Hal.
"Try and find out where I come from, see if anyone remembers my parents and why we were travelling. So it may not explain exactly where i'm going but I don't know myself."

She sat back not dareing to look up it had been harder than she thought to tell that story, now all she could do was wait for a reaction.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:42 PM   #123
excheeto
Animated Skeleton

excheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Violet Boffin slumped in the inn,dusting her feet off at the entrance before entering,heading towards her familiar spot at the table by the door.

She was noticably weary,but rolled her shoulders back,sitting up straight with her head raised up.She showed a pleasant,though sunburnt and freckled face.She ran her hands through her two tight,messy brown braids.She then dusted the sand from her grass stained yellow dress and blue apron before smiling towards the bar."one ale please"she said in a weeping voice"and a good hobbit room,if you have one".She bowed her chin to her chest"I hope I'm not here too long"she whispered,then rolling her head back,she quietly sighed"what will I do now?"

[ March 18, 2003: Message edited by: excheeto ]
Old 03-18-2003, 10:01 PM   #124
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Shield

Morwyn smiled at the boy, Elhor, for he was, at a closer look, quite young. She didn't know quite who his last question was addressed to, since he seemed to be looking at the whole group as he spoke, but since nobody else seemed to be answering she cleared her throat.

"My name is Morwyn, of the Rohirrim." she gestured toward her companions, "this is Sara, also of Rohan; and the Lady Nahai, who, I believe hails from Rhovanion, near the edge of Mirkwood."

She was comfortable, the warm food and ale had cheered her up and she was ready for long conversation and storytelling. She took a smooth pointed stick from her pocket and twisted her hair back from her face, poking the stick through it to keep it in place. Settling down she rested her elbows on the tabletop and listened.

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 03-18-2003, 11:02 PM   #125
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Luin took her seat back at the bar. 'Oh! Mae! I almost forgot!' The bartender handed Luin her drink. 'Here's that wine you ordered.' Luin drank deeply. 'Are you going to pay for that?' she asked impatiently.

'Oh! Right!' Luin spread out a few gold coins.

'Thank you,' she said, counting the change. 'Did I mention that Pio left? I don't know when she's coming back, but she's been gone for quite some time.'

'And it would have saved quite a bit of time if you would have told me this earlier!' 'I do believe you forgot to mention that Pio was gone,' said Luin, grinding her teeth. 'Could you tell me when she gets back? I'll be over...' Luin paused. '...there.' She pointed at a nearby group of three women and a small boy. I do hope some one over there can tell a good tale or two. As long as it's not me. Luin wasn't sure whether or not she was ready to reveal her true identity yet.

Of course, it wasn't likely that anyone had followed her from Mirkwood or Rivendell. But if they had... It wouldn't be the hardest thing in Middle-Earth to do. Thalion, indeed, was a swift beast, but his hooves certainly did not fall as lightly as Shadowfax's. Luin didn't want to think about it.

Instead, she stood up, took her drink, and went over to the group she had pointed to. Luin smiled at the boy, his name was Elhor, and asked one of the women (her name was Morwyn, or something similar) if she might join. 'May I sit with you? I don't know if I would be able to contribute much to a conversation, for my study is of the birds, beasts, and trees.'
Old 03-18-2003, 11:21 PM   #126
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Morwyn looked up at the young woman who had spoken. "Aye" she said merrily, laughing as she spoke. "please, do join us."

Sara chimed in, "yes, please do!" After a round of introductions the woman, who had introduced herself as Mae, took a seat at the table. Morwyn looked at her closely, her delicate facial features and sharp blue eyes told her that this woman was elven, or at least half-elven.

"The trees, beasts and birds?" Morwyn asked her, "are you a healer?"

The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 03-19-2003, 09:22 AM   #127
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

PoWa has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Eothilion was riding fast. So fast his horse Salomo could.
He stopped outside The Green Dragon Inn. He havent been there before so he took Salomo to the stables and wlaked in.
He followed the rules and left his weapon in a corner beside the door. He sat down in the bar and had an ale.

After a few ales he got tired and talked to the innkeeper and asked for a room to sleep that night.
"Ok, may I please get your name, sir?", the innkeeper said gently.
"Eothilion Fastrider, son of Eothalion.", he said very shortly.
"Ok, mr. Fastrider, you got room number 36, and here is the key", the innkeeper said.

The next morning he walked down and looked around for somewhere to sit and eat some breakfast. He saw some dwarves taht were telling tales and stories from Erebor.
He wasnt very impressed by dwarfs, he thought they were greedy and selfish.
It was quiet empty, but it was early in the morning and the most people was still sleeping.
He sat dwon at a empty table and started eating. More and more people dropped in to eat breakfast and Jochim hoped someone was going to sit down beside him.

[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]

[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]
Old 03-19-2003, 10:02 AM   #128
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Mylasia thanked the man who had helped her and departed to her room for the evening.

Her head was still hurting, it was throbbing violently and she was still hot. She ran over to the windows and flung them open, the cold night air filling her lungs, warm tears fell down her cheeks. She wiped her eyes and stared at the sky, she could not handle staying here any longer, she had to find Niamh. She went and laid down on her bed and closed her eyes.

She would go to sleep for a little while, and then decide what to do, where to go. Her throat was really dry, maybe she was ill. She drifted off in to a dream. The curtains of the window swayed gently in the night breeze. The moon was high and bright in the sky all was calm and silent.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:05 AM   #129
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Eothilion raised from his chair and sat down in one of the comfy chairs in the common room.
He was smoking some pipeweed and staring into the fire.

He was wondering what to do next. Should he left The Green Dragon and get back to Rohan or stay for a while.
While he was sitting there he didnt notice a strange person that sat down beside him.

[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]
Old 03-19-2003, 01:31 PM   #130
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hal and Gaddy looked at each other, wide-eyed. Neither of them had expected such a tale of woe. "Well," said Gaddy, never liking these awkward silences nor the feeling of sadness that now lingered in the air. "I can't say that we have a story quite to match yours miss Huntress, but as you asked Fin, I shall tell." He took a small sip of his drink before starting on his rather short tale in comparison. "We were out looking for adventure," Hal interrupted with a snort, "Looking for adventure? I intend to be home for harvest this year thankyou very much!"
"Very well," continued Gaddy, "I was out looking for adventure and Hal here was tagging along." Hal snorted once more and Gaddy turned to him, none too pleased with all these interruptions. "What is it now?" he asked "Oh nothing," said Hal, "It was just last time I looked you had a child due in a few months."

Gaddy rolled his eyes, Hal was doing this just to spoil his story. "Fine then, I was looking for a very quick adventure-"
"And a drink." interrupted Hal once more, but Gaddy just ignored him this time. "-with Hal here. I thought back to where we had gotten our first adventure and I remembered this place. It has good beer too, which is never a bad thing!" He took another swig of his drink. Hal eyed his friend with a hint of dissaproval. "Yes," he said somewhat unsure "That's our um... story. So we've told you ours Fin sir, now what of yours?"
Old 03-19-2003, 04:12 PM   #131
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"What brings you so far north, friend?"

Barodir sat and thought for a moment. He had come for holiday, but he did not feel that he had to explain his actions before the decision to take the vacation. To explain his tale would be a great story, but Barodir did not like to tell them. He was a better listener.

So he said "I am on holiday from a difficult mission. I will tell you about the mission in due time, but I grow weary now. It was a long day, and I wish to rest, if you do not mind. I hate to be rude, but I must leave you. I'll discuss it and more later. Goodbye!"

With that, Barodir got up and went to the desk/bar. He got a room key and went to a room to lie in a bed for a while. When he got to his room, he realized that there were old blood stains on the floor. He then realized that this was the same room that he was put in after his near-fatal injury. He laughed at this and lay himself onto the bed. As he thought of the memories from this place and his mission, he slid into a peaceful slumber...
Old 03-19-2003, 04:55 PM   #132
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai smiled politely at the elven-looking woman and the boy Elhor who had joined them.

"I am called Nahai, daughter of the Lady Silhinui. Lady Morwyn is correct in her introductions, as I am from the edge of Mirkwood." she said in answer to Elhor's question. Living most of her life alone, she was unaccustomed to speaking to such a large group. Strangely, she didn’t feel half as uncomfortable as she usually did when placed in such situations. Maybe the trip to the Green Dragon was a better idea than she thought. In fact, she almost felt that she fit in, that she was part of their world. But that could never be. She knew she could never truly be accepted in the worlds of men and elves. Not necessarily because of WHO she was, but WHAT she was. She could travel to the ends of the earth, but she could never get away from herself.

Somehow she felt as though Elhor had shared something of the same experience. She thought she could see it in his eyes when she first caught him looking at her, alone in the corner. Perhaps not something of the same exact nature, but she did recognize the look of loneliness when she saw it. Oh yes, she recognized it all too well.

And then there was the blue-eyed woman. She looked elven, perhaps half-elven. Nahai wanted to know her story as well. Morwyn and Sara’s tales had both been sad, and she suspected Elhor’s to be the same. But she was unsure about this fair lady with deep blue eyes. She leaned forward, waiting for her to reply to Morwyn’s inquiry.

[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: Maegaladiel ]
Old 03-19-2003, 05:16 PM   #133
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Eye

Elirien stepped into the inn, looking around over the heads of those already inside, being a tall enough Elf to do so, and seeing how many of the folk inside were hobbits. She wondered who owned the place, but, after looking around in vain for a few minutes and not seeing anything that might give her a clue, she sighed and sat down at an empty table in the corner. She did not speak to anyone, only listened to the lulling sound of conversation around her, sometimes rising to a roar, sometimes fading to a murmur, but always there. Always there....

Elirien realized that somebody was trying to wake her before her mind had even registered that she was asleep. She sprang up quickly, murmuring apologies to the woman who had just nudged her awake. "I am...err....sorry. Could I have a room here, please?" The woman gave a bubbling laugh. "Oh, I'm not the one you might ask. I was only thinking you may be wanting to get up now, seeing as you'd been asleep here for a few hours now, and on a wooden bench that mustn't be too comfortable. Oh, if you do want a room, you ask her. And, glancing back for a moment with a smile, the woman dissapeared again into the crowd. Elirien sighed, and began to make her way through to the other woman, keeping her mind on not bumping into anyone, but still wondering why she had come here in the first place.

[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 03-19-2003, 05:30 PM   #134
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

'A healer? Me?' Luin nearly laughed out loud. 'I may know a bit about herbs, but I am certainly no healer! Now, my mother, she was what you might call a healer. She taught me evrything I know before...' Luin's voice trailed off.

'Is everything alright, Mae?' Morwyn asked.

'Now you've done it,' Luin scolded herself. 'You can't even introduce yourself without talking about your family, and you can't talk about your family without choking on your own tears!' Luin swallowed. 'She died. Lassëa died when I was still young.'

[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]
Old 03-19-2003, 07:09 PM   #135
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie allowed herself to be guided to a table by Don, who was in quite a strange mood. At least she didn't seem angry--or, rather, she couldn't keep herself angry. It was kind of funny. Don would scowl, then suddenly she was the sweetness and light with a huge smile on her face. It confused Rie a little bit, but she was basically relieved that Don wasn't really so mad at her.

Rie got both of them some water to drink, and sat back down. "Okay, Don, let's talk, and really talk. However, my mother always said that all talking started with a truth. I must admit that I'm a little confused, so let's start with a truth from you: what person are you talking about?"
Old 03-19-2003, 08:01 PM   #136
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Don's face wrinkled up and her eyebrows came together, looking like she was concentrating very hard. "Well, I don't know his name, but you talked together, and you went off with him, and..."

Her voice trailed off. She was hardly paying attention when Rie had left, so she didn't know what had happened, only that someone had 'stolen' Rie.

Stop thinking foolish things like that she scolded herself. Rie has a right to make friends.

"Well," the hobbit girl said slowly, trying to make her memory work, "we were sitting at a table together, eating or something, and..." There was a blank in her mind right there. "But it was a man, I think... I think... Don't you remember? His name was... something."

Suddenly Don remembered what had occured after Rie had left. "Rie, do you know what? After you left - " she knew that saying 'abandoned' would be a lie " - with that person, whatever his name was, a man came up to me, and asked where you had gone. I didn't tell him, of course, because I was suspicious, and then he told me that he was your - "

Don stopped abruptly and turned pale. Her eyes grew wide as she stared up at Rie. She couldn't tell Rie who it was. She couldn't.

Dinodas was nearly startled out of his wits when he saw Halwon Cotton and Gadbard Boffin, his two old friends, sitting with an Elf and talking. It was hard to resist the urge of running up and flinging his arms about them.

With great restraint, and trying to calm the pounding in his heart, he approached the table they were sitting at. A sly smile coming to his face, he walked behind the two, and, putting a finger to his lips, winked at the Elf and woman across the table from the two hobbits, quite oblivious of their old friend standing behind them. Grinning, Dinodas settled back to listen to the conversation, and wait for the time when Gaddy and Hal would turn around.

[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 03-19-2003, 09:16 PM   #137
excheeto
Animated Skeleton

excheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Violet finished her drink,listening to bits and pieces of the conversations.
"Adventures and travels!"she muttered,"why do they think they need to go so far to lose thier home?....well,at least I need not to lose the Shire,that would be too much".
She felt around her pockets for the keys to her room before going up the stairs.
She easily found her room,she had used it before on her trips to Bree,and liked the view from the large window.Opening the door,she turned the flame up on the oil lamp on the dresser.
"OH...oh...oohhhh..."She stared at the dark trail of blood,her eyes leading her to a rumpled figure on the bed.Tiptoeing towards the head,she lifted a pillow and stared into the face of one of the big people.
"Excuse me sir"she whispered,then lightly shook him by the shoulder"sir?"she shook him harder without as much as a stir.
Still staring into the face,she slowly stepped away from the bed.Staring at the bloodtrail,she dropped the pillow and began to scream.

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: excheeto ]
Old 03-19-2003, 09:24 PM   #138
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

"She certainly was not joking about the cobwebs" said Cromthal as he finished scrubbing the left-over presence of spiders. Filling the Tub part of the way with colder water from the water pump and then disappeared inside. He emerged a few moments later nearly dragging a large kettle of water.
"Rirrym...*gasp*..heavy...help" he panted.

"Oh Cromthal! Let me help you. Here." Rirrym helped Cromthal fill the tub about halfway with the hot water. Cromthal carefully measured out some vinegar and put it in the water and then slowly dropped the linen in the water.

"Rirrym, Have I ever told you the Gondorians and the Brehon may be realted?" Cromthal asked. Rirrym shokk his head.

"Ah. Well, the legend goes that My people come from an unfortunate shipwrecked pary of Numenoreans that were stranded on the shores of Middle-earth long before the rebellion against the Valar. They were helped by the elves and settled finally in the north of Eriador, where we are today. Shall I tell you of how I was pulled rom the water by Mithrandir? You said you wnated to hear that story." Cromthal said all this as he put the saffron in the water bit by bit and storred it slowly with a long stick.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM   #139
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

Oh! Don was talking about Derufin. She was mad about that? All it had been was going out to fix the roof for Pio. Rie began to grin, and prepared to explain, when Don suddenly broke off of her explanation. "...told me that he was your--" she ended, then stopped and looked up at Rie with what appeared to the redhead to be a mixture of horror, fright, anticipation and, somehow, maybe pity.

"He was my what?" Rie urged, but Don refused to answer. "Don, he was my what? My friend? My blood rival? My father? My twin?" She laughed at this last one. "Like Talômi would ever come to find me. Don, I'd like to know, but if you don't want to tell me that's all right, I guess."

She kept a flippant air, but secretly she was disturbed by Don's sudden distress. They were generally so open with each other, and it kind of scared her to have Don snap shut like this. Something was wrong.

But part of their friendship, Rie knew, was mutual trust. And if Rie didn't trust Don to know when she had to keep a secret, there was no trust, and therefore no friendship. So she slapped her brightest smile onto her face, and turned her thoughts back to the present and to Don. "All right, which first--my time with Derufin, or your friends?"
Old 03-20-2003, 02:10 AM   #140
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn smiled as she watched Barodir walk up to his room. She shrugged and walked back to her table with a glass of wine. She slid in beside Ellie once again.

"I have seen someone of my own land!" she remarked before turning back to her new friends. "now, where were we?"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-20-2003, 03:10 AM   #141
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

************************** NOTICE OF A NEW RPG OPENING ************************

The discussion thread is now open for: ~~~~~ RECLAIMING THE CITY RPG ~~~~~

Come see the new game owned by The Ruling Ring. Pick a character, write a bio for it.

*********************************** HAVE FUN! ***********************************
Old 03-20-2003, 03:53 AM   #142
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

"Mine," Fin began, "mine begins here, funnily enough. It may have been after you two had left, but a friend of mine, Donlammenion came here." He turned his head to Huntress.

"It was with him that we damaged the floor slightly!"

"He turned back to the hobbits, "we stayed for the evening, but afterwards, Don revealed his true purpose for finding me. Of that I cannot say other than it involved the dark powers but I can thankfully admit that we were, for our part, successful. We parted company a few days ago and, with much free time ahead of me, decided to return here. This place was good to me." He finished, and drank some more of his wine.

[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-20-2003, 11:44 AM   #143
stuart

Sting

Stuart

Please check your PM's (Private Messages) by clicking on the gold words 'my profile' at the upper right of the screen.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

Old 03-20-2003, 01:23 PM   #144
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Eothilion turned around in the armchair and looked at the little hobbit lad that sat down next to him in an armchair. He said gently and smiling at the hobbit; "Greetings, little halfling."
"G'day, sir.", the hobbit said and smiled back, "Who are you, and what brings you to The Shire?"
"I am Eothilion Fastrider from Rohan. I am a soldier from there. What brings me here is my business.", Eothilion said.
"I see...", the hobbit said suspicious, "Anyway..I am Polo Burrows. I am actually from the North Moors, but I am here to visit a old friend of mine."

They were talking alot about tales they have heard and Eothilion telled many news from Rohan. They both orderd ales and were smoking pipeweed. After a very long chat they broke up when Polo was going back to his friend. Once again Eothilion was sitting alone in the bar. He was hoping for someone to sit down with him.

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]
Old 03-20-2003, 02:58 PM   #145
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Elhor looked cautiously at the ladies. He felt strange, dreamy. Without thought or effort, he began to speak. He did not know what he was saying, and thought he must have fallen asleep. The others, however, heard him loud and clear, and were shocked at the shy, passive, boy's words.

I am what I am: child of Nahar, wolfkin, bear cousin, brother to the graceful hind. A whisper on the wind, a shimmer on the water, a silent stone, a green shoot. Elvin, starsearcher, Mortal, mighty ruler, beast, gracious protector, lover of the green and growing things. Changeful as the four winds, endless as the blue sky, restless as an ocean wave, mighty as the flooded river, cunning as the dancing shadow. Traveler, lonely, wandering. All this, I am, and more. As you see me, so will I be; as you picture me, so will I become. I am what you make of me, no more, and no less. I will never forget those whom I name as friends, nor ever will they forget me who dare to call me "enemy." FEAR! Yes, fear and be silent, for the destruction that comes is as a whirlwind, and leaves none it intended to kill. And know, then, that this is the end of fear: that you have looked upon me, and yet live!

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-20-2003, 03:25 PM   #146
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

"Is that his name? Then Derufin. Afterwards I'll tell you about the two hobbits I met." Don was looking at the ground. The pale had left her face and now she was a bright red. She was so glad Rie hadn't made her tell who it had been, but...

Rie opened her mouth to speak, but Don interrupted, "Rie, do you really want me to tell you who it was? No matter who it was? Even if it were your worst enemy?"
Old 03-20-2003, 04:47 PM   #147
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Nahai looked at the boy, momentarilly stunned. A moment earlier, he was silent, listening as Mae told her short, sad tale. The next, his eyes grew dim and he began to speak, as though in a dream. He didn't even appear to know what he was saying.

"Are you alright?" she asked tentatively. The words of his terrifying and beautiful speech echoed in her mind. Who was he? Bear cousin. Wolfkin. Elven. Mortal. All had been mentioned by him, but none of the titles seemed to fit. Changeful as the four winds. Endless as the blue sky. Nahai was intrigued by this child with the large lonely eyes.

His poetic speech confirmed her guesses: He was different. Just like her.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:21 PM   #148
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Morwyn's eyes snapped open as Elhor began to speak. His words captivated her, but she didn't understand the meaning of them, the poetry he was speaking mesmerised her, yet she was somehow afraid. More than fear, however, she realized that his words were filled with sadness.

Nervously, she pulled the smooth stick from her hair, anxious to busy her hands, and began to turn it between her fingers. Her suddenly freed brown hair tumbled down to her shoulders, but she didn't move to straighten it.

She'd noticed Nahai. As Morwyn looked at Nahai she watched the woman's face change from disbelief to kinship. A small smile formed on Nahai's face as Elhor spoke. She glanced back and forth rapidly between the faces of the woman and the boy, unsure of what was going on. One thing she was certain of, however, Nahai understood what this boy was saying.

Morwyn glanced over at Sara, but the girl's face was lowered and covered by her hair, she looked uncomfortable. She then glanced at Mae, wondering what the elven girl would think of Elhor's statement. Mae was watching, wrapped up in the sadness of Elhor's words.

As the boy finished speaking she continued to gaze at him, in rapt silence, then looked to Nahai to break the tension.

Old 03-20-2003, 06:45 PM   #149
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Luin turned her head towards the small boy, shocked. 'Did those words come from him? They were so powerful and commanding, so unlikely to come from a mere youth. His words... they couldn't have been his own. Almost as if it was poetry,' Luin mused. The boy was stll standing there, oblivious to everyone's reactions to what he had just said. 'Didn't he just claim to be Elven and mortal? I don't think he's realized what he has said! He looks like he's still in a trance.' Luin studied the faces of the people around her. They were all in shock, like her. Except for Nahai. She looked at him in amazment and wonder. As if she had understood every word that he had just spoken. And most of all, there was respect in her eyes.

Luin didn't know if any of these people could be trusted. Especially Elhor and Nahai. But she knew they would find out anyhow, so she decided that it was better that they should find out then, not later. Luin breathed deeply. 'I'm sorry that I've lied to all of you,' she said, abruptly breaking the silence. 'My true name is Luin. Please, do not be angry with me. It took me a while to decide whether you were friends or foes.' She eyed Elhor cautiously. 'And with some of you, I am still deciding.'

[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]
Old 03-21-2003, 08:36 AM   #150
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Eothilion raised from his chair. He guessed he couldt hide anymore. He was returning to Rohan and to his destiny and maybe death.

He walked outside the inn. Grabbed his sword and took his horse, Salomo, out from the stable.
He was riding south and didnt knew if he would ever return to the inn...

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]
Old 03-21-2003, 11:11 AM   #151
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Nahai's eyebrows raised. A small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth.

"Pleased to meet you, Luin." She said with slight amusement. "It seems as though we all have a few secrets we are keeping from each other." Herself included.

Nahai had a nagging suspicion that her face had given away some strange emotion when Elhor spoke, as everyone was throwing her questioning glances. They probably trusted her even less, not that she blamed them. Maybe she should tell them...

"I'm not quite as I seem, either," she began slowly. How to approach this..? Biting her lip, she lost her courage and stopped talking. She was making a fool of herself. She didn't want to lose her new friends, but she didn't like keeping secrets from them. Feeling their eyes boring into her, she averted her gaze and was silent. Now I've gone and done it... she thought.

"But it's of no real importance." she finished. It sounded stupid, but it was easier to say than "Hi there, I'm a shape shifter and I can become a bear at will. Wanna be friends?" Instead she turned her attention back to Elhor, who was still in his trance.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:59 PM   #152
Scent of Simbelmynë

Shield

Morwyn's eyes flashed across the faces of Nahai, Elhor, and Luin in turn. The revelation of "Mae's" true name didn't surprise her. The name Mae didn't fit this woman, it seemed to be somehow wrong for her. Luin suited her much better, the girl with the crystal blue eyes. And if her mother's name had been Lassea... Morwyn no longer doubted her guess that the woman was at least half elven.

Nahai's reaction was harder to judge. Something about her suggested that she was trying to hold people at arm's length, Morwyn would normally consider that a signal that the woman was untrustworthy, but Nahai? She bit her lip uncertainly, she thought all that had been said was true. She liked Nahai, that was all there was to it. A small smile hovered around her lips, as she made up her mind. Trust, until they're proven untrustworthy. She dobuted herself for a moment, it could be a dangerous concession. But at least this time it was a concession Morwyn was willing to make.

Elhor, Morwyn was less certain about. The boy seemed lonely, but his words had been frightening. What had he said? What had he called himself? Child of Nahar? The name was familiar. Morwyn pondered it for a while. A horse, Nahar was a great horse of legend. The woman of Rohan smiled, no wonder she'd recognized it! But Elhor, was he calling himself a horse? She frowned. The same non-human look lingered in his features as in Nahai's. Secrets. she thought, we all seem to have a few. She thought of her own, pushed it to the back of her mind.

She'd reserve judgement about Elhor, she decided, wait till she'd known him a little longer. Her curious eyes rested on his face, which was beginning to lose its cloudy look.

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]

Old 03-22-2003, 05:03 AM   #153
Aeden

Silmaril

It was a cool evening. And the Green Dragon inn was now in Éden's sight, he had ridden all the way from the western realm of Enedwäth. A young man of 23, of average height and green of eye, dismounted his horse, tied it up and entered the inn.

"Ah, im not as out of place as I had thought." he said to himself, looking about the inn. His eyes caught glance of a snow haired girl sitting at a table beside an elf and some hobbits. "could it be?" he gasped.

He leaned against the wall and watched her. "She is the most beautiful creature ive ever seen." He laughed. "still enticing, after all this time, Aeryn of Golden's light touches the coldest of hearts." He began to make his way over to her.
He tapped her on the shoulder.

Old 03-22-2003, 05:11 AM   #154
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Aeryn could feel eyes watching her, the next second she was tapped on the shoulder. She turned around with fright. Her eyes widened in surprise. "Éden! is that really you! its been too long" she smiled.

"im sorry, i shan't be long" she apologised with her table and left. "come, we must talk." she said.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-22-2003, 05:21 AM   #155
Aeden

Sting

Éden agreed. Aeryn lead him to a table by the window.

"I come here on my way to the Wild Lands, there has been talk of rouge people, I wish to see it for myself.Its been a long time since our meetings in Minas Tirith, Do you remember?" He placed his cloak on the chair.

Old 03-22-2003, 05:30 AM   #156
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

"how could I forget, you teased me so much. You even put ink in my hair once!" Aeryn sat at the table. "And more" she thought to herself.

"You are going to the Wild Lands?... you always were crazy Éden, but this boarders on insanity. Minas Tirith..." She trailed off.

"Two years, it has been two years since you left, and I was always left wondering, why did you not say goodbye?" her eyes now looked straight into Éden's eyes. She could feel an eerie feeling of unrest in him.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-22-2003, 10:07 AM   #157
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

"My worst enemy?" Rie put her water aside and leaned forward, staring in confusion at Don. She didn't, as far as she knew, have a worst enemy. She looked down for a moment, recalling all of the people she knew and wondering who would introduce himself as "Talmérië's Worst Enemy."

But Don really seemed distressed. Her face had drained of colour, then flushed violently to red. "Well, Don, I mean, yeah," Rie stammered, "I guess I'd like to know. I don't think I have any worst enemies, but I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to know that he or she was here, so I could protect myself. But if it's upsetting you so much--"

Rie broke off. It probably wasn't the telling that was upsetting Don, she realized, so much as the holding back. Whatever she was about to say would upset Rie, but she probably needed to say it. Rie probably needed to know it. It frightened Rie a little bit, but she nodded slowly. "Yes. Yes, Don, I'd like to know, even if it was my worst enemy."
Old 03-22-2003, 11:23 AM   #158
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

The little hobbit entered the inn and left his sword by the door and sat down in the bar. He orderd a ale and smoked some pipeweed. "So where are you from, young halfling?", the innkeeper asked.
"I am Ferdinand Cotton from Bywater outside Hobbiton.", he said, "I want a room for the night."
"A room in hobbitsize, sir?", the innkeeper said.
"Yes, please", Ferri said gently.

He saw a few dwarves talking very loudly about treasures and adventures, but the hobbit wasnt interesting the dwarves business so he looked around for someone of the Big People. They used to be nice to him.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:55 AM   #159
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

The front door opened, and a tall elf stepped into the inn. The hood of the elf's cloak was up over the head, so only the eyes of the elf could be seen. The bright green eyes roamed around the room, seeing who was and wasn't here. The elf wasn't sure if anyone was familiar, it had been so long since the last visit.

The elf pulled the hood down, revealing the long, shiny black hair. She took off her cloak and hung it on a nearby rack. Glancing around to make sure she wouldn't run into anyone, she slowly made her way to an elf table and sat down. A forgotten book happened to be placed on the table, so she picked it up, glanced at the cover, and opened it to begin reading.
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Old 03-22-2003, 02:57 PM   #160
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

"Well... it wasn't your worst enemy, but I don't think you'll be happy." Don looked worried, yet desperate to tell.

Rie was puzzled. If it wasn't her worst enemy (she didn't have one, anyway), she couldn't think of anyone who would make her unhappy by coming to the Inn.

Don took three deep breaths, then plunged forward, her eyes on Rie the whole time. "He said he was your brother... your twin."