Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2002, 06:28 AM   #201
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I won't be posting till the 27th as I'm going to visit my parents in the frozen north for Christmas, best wishes to you all. Will be passing through Sheffield on the train Matt, I'll give you a wave!
See you soon everyone.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:58 PM   #202
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Have a good holiday, Brinniel and Auriel! I hope to see you back soon!
Old 12-24-2002, 12:39 AM   #203
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Ah, it's good to be back in the RPG section. I was feeling a bit sick last week (not enough to miss school, unfortunately) and wasn't in a real creative mood.
But now I'm feeling much better and am currently in California [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I'm using my grandparents' computer (which is a Macintosh) and I'm not quite used to it yet. And though I'm in a different time zone, I'm feeling good and I think it's about time for me to post. So, off I go! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2002, 02:22 AM   #204
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

In case anyone was wondering, I'm waiting a little longer before Calentoliel regains her voice. It didn't seem like the right timing at the moment.

I hope my last post was all right. It contains a lot of information in it and I tried as hard as I could to make it understandable. Let me know if any of you are still confused.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:23 AM   #205
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Right, I'm back. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, I'd better get posting. I've been exploring the 'members pics' at Alk's site. Nice to know what some of you look like, makes me feel safer on the net so I've put one up too so you know I'm not some strange old man in a leather suit trying to talk to teenage girls. Creepy thought but one that is often in the back of my mind in this anonymous domain.
Back to the RPG! Happy New Year and 'see' you all soon.
PS extra information was not confusing but very helpful.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:58 PM   #206
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on for while but I have just got back from France. I have posted though!
Old 01-01-2003, 04:41 PM   #207
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Welcome back, Mattius!

I wonder where everyone else could be... have they all gone on vacation? This RPG is beginning to lag because of the long periods between posts. I suppose after Christmas break is over we'll be going again.

I had a question: this is quite a memorable RPG, and I'm a bit sad that it's winding down finally. Perhaps, if it gets accepted, we could do a continuation, an entirely different story, that takes place after the quest is finished, but with the same characters and all. Is that a far-fetched idea, do you think? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ithaeliel
Old 01-02-2003, 04:46 AM   #208
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

That sounds good to me!
Old 01-03-2003, 01:00 PM   #209
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Count me in too, it sounds a great idea. As long as you don't mind me coming along too.
Happy Tolkien's Birthday to you all.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:11 AM   #210
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

France, Mattius? *Brinn unsuccessfully tries to hide her jealousy* I spent my entire vacation in California visiting family (exactly the same thing I did last year). My family visited El Cerrito, Placerville, and Woodland, but we couldn't even bother with a trip to San Francisco (stupid rain). Well, I hope everyone had a more thrilling Christmas and New Year than I did. (I'll stop babbling now)

I like your idea, Ith. BTW, are you still working on that fanfic?
Old 01-05-2003, 09:23 AM   #211
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Brin, it wasnt as good as it sounds believe me, anyways I thought on the fan fic it said they were no longer excepting new stuff [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] very sad as our rpg is a great piece of work

i would love to keep these characters for something new. However i would say this, that it will probably be the ones of us who post most of the time who keep their characters ie myself, brin, Ithaeliel, Auriel and i would like Iaurlachien if at all possible as we owe it to her as she gave life to this rpg!
Old 01-05-2003, 01:14 PM   #212
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Sting

Quote:
BTW, are you still working on that fanfic?
Yes, but as you know, I can't send it in. I wonder when fanfiction and art are going to be up and running again?

All right! People who like my ideas... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] wow, that's a first! (Kidding) In that case, what kind of plot should it be? Maybe something that has more to do with the populated places in Middle-earth (Gondor, Mirkwood, etc.). And I think we should also keep it open to other players as well, besides Calen, Ender, Mattius, Radagast and the others, but I am way way open to suggestions.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:27 PM   #213
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

sorry i didnt mean my post to come out like that i just meant we should stick together for another rpg, whenever that may be! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2003, 05:14 PM   #214
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Quote:
sorry i didnt mean my post to come out like that i just meant we should stick together for another rpg, whenever that may be
I didn't take it that way; I'm just saying it could be one of those invite-only things or it could not. Sorry!
Old 01-05-2003, 09:39 PM   #215
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I think the BW is trying to get caught up on all the fanfic that has been sent in. Hopefully he'll be ready for new stories sometime soon.

I agree that we should bring only the active players of this RPG into another one. I really don't want to deal with inactive characters again. I do wish Iaurl would return, as her character is quite important, but I believe her gone for good . I do think we should leave the RPG open to new players. It'll be fun with new characters, plus the RPG would move at a faster pace.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #216
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Auriel, what was your idea of how to get the group back to the Blue Mountains? I don't want to post unless I spoil your idea see!
Old 01-23-2003, 07:44 PM   #217
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Yay! The thread's up again! Looks like we lost several posts, so I guess we'll have to catch up on what was lost.

Sorry I haven't posted in the RPG. I don't really have any ideas at the moment on what to write. I was hoping Faye would post next, but apparently she disappeared. So keep posting and I'll come up with something.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:39 AM   #218
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Yes, I wondered what had happened. We may not be the most regular postees on the site but we do keep going religiously.

Keep thinking my dear, I think I'm ready to face that beastie!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:44 AM   #219
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

hee hee, i know

i will post soon
Old 02-02-2003, 04:15 PM   #220
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Auriel, in reply to your PM I think that Radagast should come to the aid of Mattius.

[ February 03, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 02-03-2003, 04:25 PM   #221
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Ok, I'll see what I can do and if it isn't quite what you had in mind I'll edit it for you once it's up.
Old 02-08-2003, 12:13 AM   #222
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

This past week I have not been able to get on the computer and I apologize for not posting recently. Unfortunately, I'm feeling rather tired at the moment (it's 11:05 PM here) and am not up to posting. I will try to post ASAP.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:39 AM   #223
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

The new RPG forums have been up for three months now. You are invited to come and discuss how well they are working on the thread A Measure of Success.

Come and share your thoughts, Folks!

Bethberry
Old 02-11-2003, 02:49 PM   #224
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Well, I've just read the final post everyone. It's been a joy to write this and a pleasure to work with you all.

I suppose the thread will have to be closed and sent to Elvenholm. If you read back over it, it's surprisingly good you know!

Au revoir and anyone fancy a drink in the 'pub'?
Old 02-11-2003, 04:15 PM   #225
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Actually, I thought that it would be nice to have a final post from everyone, describing a little bit of where they are headed after their experiences, and perhaps summing up what exactly went on with the opposition between the beast and the companions.

Also, I wanted to discuss a bit of a plan for a proposed sequel to The Blue Mountains, then expand on it enough to submit to the reviewers for Rohan. Until then, the Pub sounds wonderful! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It's been a real joy to work with all of you. This is the first successful RPG I've played in, and I'm so glad to see it come out as such a great story.

Thank you all,
Endereth, Ranger of Lorien
Old 02-11-2003, 04:15 PM   #226
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Hey!

Three things for me to say!

1) Ith, I am so sorry!! I began writing my post and I just kept writing it and it became really long and ended in the beast's destruction. I went to school and I sat on the tram and then it suddenly hit me! I had forgot to mention Endereth in any of it at all. My apologises!! It was not intened.

2) Ith, great final post, was absolutly perfect!!

3) It has been mentioned before but I just want to kind straighten it out, are any of you interested in a new RPG with the same characters (if you want)??

Thanks!

Matt
Old 02-11-2003, 04:21 PM   #227
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Sting

Quote:
I had forgot to mention Endereth in any of it at all. My apologises!!
Hey, there's no problem Mattius [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. That's perfectly okay.

As I said above, YES!!! Let's start discussing the new RPG. Hmm, I'm thinking contributions for a starting place... it could be in our separate homelands, or we could meet up in one place. For some reason Bree keeps popping into my mind.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:47 PM   #228
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

A sequel sounds great, but I still don't feel as if we're done with the current RPG yet. Like Ith said, I think we all need to contribute one more time. It is time for the group to divide and take their own paths, for now at least.

Bree could work as a meeting except for the fact that it's a place I don't think my character would normally go to. But if she was sent an invitation to go there, I suppose it'll be all right.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:52 PM   #229
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

I like the idea of one last post each but concerning a new RPG I thought that you had to choose from a list or can you offer one to the mod's to consider?

One last thing, Auriel, what you think of the idea that Radagast and Mattius stay togther as mentor and pupil? I think it would be good as he has no real father figure and is only 19 and this is extremly young in elf years. I guess he has come to full growth as he has spent some many years in the world of men!

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 02-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #230
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Quote:
Bree could work as a meeting except for the fact that it's a place I don't think my character would normally go to.
Same with my character, even if she is a ranger. I don't know; it could be anyplace- Rohan, Gondor, Rhun, Misty Mountains, etc. Could even be Mordor. Also, another advantage is most of us are immortals, so we could set it for a much later time than The Blue Mountains, even after the War of the Ring. Or we could even be part of the War of the Ring. Really this has endless possibilities for location, time, and purpose.

Mattius- choosing a storyline from the list is a common thing in the Shire, but in Rohan you are expected to submit an original proposal.

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Old 02-12-2003, 05:35 AM   #231
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Oh ok then thats okay. I think it would be good to set it a fair while in the future. Anyone got any ideas? What about Moria? Harad? Anywhere is a possibility!

I think it would be good to include other RPGers who wern't involved in The Blue Mountains and perhaps not include Rothalle or the hobbits as they seem to have completely vanished! Thats why I mentioned Khazard-Dum, perhaps an attempted re-take of it by some dwarves so a few more people could be involved!

Also, I think 1 last post by everyone going their seperate ways is a good idea and I will post mine when Auriel has replied to my prior question about Mattius and Radagast.

Finally...

Quote:
so we could set it for a much later time than The Blue Mountains, even after the War of the Ring
Quote:
Mattius was born in the woods of Lothlorien ten years before the War of the Ring.
eek, I thought it was set after the War of the Ring, by nine years!

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 02-12-2003, 05:23 PM   #232
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
Also, another advantage is most of us are immortals, so we could set it for a much later time than The Blue Mountains, even after the War of the Ring.
As Mattius just said, I believe our story has already taken place after the War of the Ring. But you are right on the fact that we are all immortals. We could meet up much later.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:40 PM   #233
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Hi Folks,

Give me a shout when you want me to close the game and move it to Elvenhome. That should also include this discussion thread, which should not be used to plan a new game. Please do that through PMs or at The White Horse Inn. Discussion of gaming can also take place there, and not just development of characters. You can also use #Elbereth to chat about a new game. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Looking forward to seeing what new game you come up with,
Bethberry

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 02-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #234
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Hey all, I have been working on a final post for the past few days so I will post it and edit it/delete it to wherever you all see fit. Ok here goes!
Old 02-13-2003, 04:27 PM   #235
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I liked the end of that post, Matt. LOL

Honestly, I think that post sums everything up. I really don't have anything else to add. I think we have our ending, unless anyone disagrees with me.

I've had a great time writing with you all (and I mean it). I believe I'm extremely lucky to experience my very first RPG with you guys.
I can't wait to start up our next game together. So, what do you say about meeting up at The White Horse Inn?

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 04:33 PM   #236
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Sounds good to me, see you there!
Old 02-13-2003, 05:14 PM   #237
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

I did a short epilogue for myself, if that's all right. If it's innappropriate, just tell me and I'll delete.

Indeed, to the White Horse!
Old 02-13-2003, 07:21 PM   #238
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

In the White Horse Inn, shall we use our nicks or our names from the story? (I think we should all do either or)
Old 02-13-2003, 08:03 PM   #239
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

I would suggest you use the names which help you best develop your ideas for the game.

Bethberry

PS. Shall I close the threads now?
Old 02-14-2003, 12:18 PM   #240
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

The post announcing the discussion of gaming ideas is now up in The White Horse. I have mentioned that you guys will be arriving to discuss setting up your new game. You'll have an audience!

Bethberry