The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2015, 04:09 AM   #1281
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Edit: No, now I see what you meant. I forgot for a moment how the game works.
Rikae said she would prefer not to be called a "prey" - so should we then hope for her sake she turns out a "predator"?

Actually we'd have all wolves hunted down if that were the case so why not.

But if you Nerwen have already asked to dream of me then it leaves us to check Rikae then?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:14 AM   #1282
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
No, it's Nog first, then Rikae- it was discussed earlier. I've sent the dream in already. I guess I should have waited for your input, Legate, but I wasn't sure when you'd show up.

Edit: No, now I see what you meant. I forgot for a moment how the game works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Rikae said she would prefer not to be called a "prey" - so should we then hope for her sake she turns out a "predator"?

Actually we'd have all wolves hunted down if that were the case so why not.

But if you Nerwen have already asked to dream of me then it leaves us to check Rikae then?
Yes. And as you say, if by any chance either of you iturns out to be not "prey" we've practically solved the wolf-problem anyway.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:23 AM   #1283
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I had hoped to kill Sally tonight too...the foolish other pack *glares* should have killed somebody else last night instead of going for Nerwen. I went for her and got the ranger to protect, knew it would likely happen but had to try, she was to be mine the next night. Foolish move on the other pack.
So are you actually confessing your pack is dead and done with now?
Old 06-11-2015, 04:28 AM   #1284
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
VOTING HERE ON THE DEAD THREAD:

Green -> Lommy
Agan -> Lommy (2)
Nerwen -> Lommy (3)
Lottie -> McCaber
Rikae -> Lommy (4)
Mac -> McCaber (2)
FF -> Lommy (5)
Nilp -> Lommy (6)

REMAINING:
Nogrod
Phantom
Rune
Legate
Lalaith
Nope the phantom. I voted for Lommy as well.

Anyway toNight we then scry Rikae as Nerwen is checking me.

++ Rikae

Oh and welcome to our company morm! I think you can find many of your friends being already here.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:14 AM   #1285
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Rikae
Old 06-11-2015, 05:17 AM   #1286
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Who started calling them Tweedlemorm and Tweedleform, anyway? I'll have to check.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:21 AM   #1287
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Who started calling them Tweedlemorm and Tweedleform, anyway? I'll have to check.
Me, at 3 in the morning.

++Rikae

Kuru, can you call them something other than prey?

I'm kind of in the process of updating my night victim list with the new information, but I'm at work and have to switch between tabs every couple of words (and also do some actual work every once in a while ). Will finish it asap though.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:16 AM   #1288
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
DAY 1 and 2 opinions separated by |||, DAY 2 and 3 by ///
Brackets indicate a vague/changing opinion
Known wolves underlined. Confirmed innocents italicised. Unknowns bolded for easier reading.

NIGHT 2 VICTIMS

phantom suspected: Nogrod, Lottie, Mac, Firefoot
phantom found innocent: Aganzir, Boro, sally, Nilp

Rune suspected: Greenie
Rune found innocent: (Form)

NIGHT 3 VICTIMS

Macalaure (KILLED BY BORO) suspected: Aganzir ||| Aganzir, (Legate,) Firefoot, Form, sally, Lottie
Macalaure found innocent: Rikae, Firefoot, Nilp, Legate, Greenie ||| Rikae, Legate, morm, Eomer, Lommy, Lalaith, Mith

Rikae suspected: Lommy, Greenie, Mac, phantom ||| Greenie, Firefoot, Lottie
Rikae found innocent: ||| Agan, Mac, morm, (Firefoot)

Legate suspected: Greenie ||| Greenie, Boro, Firefoot, Lottie, Aganzir, (mentioned earlier but later put on his second-best zone: sally, McCab, Mac)
Legate found innocent: (Nog, Lommy, Form, Kath, Shasta, morm, Mith, Rune, Nerwen) ||| Nerwen, Lommy, Mith

NIGHT 4 VICTIMS

Firefoot (KILLED BY GRIP) suspected: (Lommy) ||| Lottie, Mac, McC, (Rikae), (Eomer, Shasta, sally - potentially suspicious for the Nogwagon) /// Boro, Lottie
Firefoot found innocent: (Nog) ||| Nerwen, Form, Rikae, morm, Boro, Shasta, Eomer, (Greenie, Agan) /// morm

Lalaith (KILLED BY BORO) suspected: Legate ||| Aganzir, (Legate, Boro, Mac) /// Lottie, Mac
Lalaith found innocent: ||| Greenie, Nerwen, Lottie /// Firefoot, (Lommy, Nerwen, Mith - assuming Legate as the seer thesis was correct), (Eomer - didn't really say he was innocent, just that he had good points more than once)

(Nerwen presumably targeted by FANG.)

NIGHT 5 VICTIMS

Nerwen (KILLED PRESUMABLY BY BOTH FANG AND GRIP)

Need to look at morm and Lalaith's posts to find the third wolf. It would really help if we knew which kills they were responsible for. As I said before, a lot of traces back to Boro but not sure I want to start doubting him right now.

Also folks - remember that if Nilp survives toNIGHT, the more information we have for him the better.

That being said I need to get back to work, but I should actually be around in the evening.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:21 AM   #1289
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Well, Morm, have anything to say for yourself? Want to apologize for your murderous ways?
I would kill you if you weren't, well dead already.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:22 AM   #1290
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post

Anyway, just very quickly: well done folks, and hello Morm (the only question I have for you is whether you were truly trying to be so horribly inefficient in delaying the village and dismissing your own scheme just at the moment they started to agree on it and thus trying to paralyze any of our involvement in the vote, or whether it was a pure coincidence; also are you responsible for the dead Europeans for the same reason?)...
It was rather fun to keep muddying the waters yesterday.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:30 AM   #1291
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
And if morm is responsible for the dead Europeans after his reaction to my joke got me lynched I swear to god I will end him!!
Morm do you have anything to say about this?
Old 06-11-2015, 06:51 AM   #1292
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Morm do you have anything to say about this?
I have plenty to say about it, I won't bore you with all the details...it would be too long and drawn out...probably like two or three sentences and I couldn't in good faith add that much to this already incredibly long thread.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:57 AM   #1293
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Morm, do you have anything to say about this possible confession of yours?
Old 06-11-2015, 07:10 AM   #1294
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Morm, do you have anything to say about this possible confession of yours?
Nope
Old 06-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #1295
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:

I can't believe you're forgetting a HUGE component of that game- one that transformed your so called "bungle" into a ringing triumph for Good. I mean, the four lynch victims that game were Wolf-Cobbler-Wolf-Wolf after all. That sounds like a pretty nice "finest hour", doesn't it?

(Nog was a Mod that game. Naria was the other Penguin.)
This actually inspired me to go to look at the thread again. You're right phantom, it was a wonderful game (even though I stank in it). Your brilliant Hunter masquerade, Valier's extraordinary psychic powers (and her placard routine against Ang) and of course all those fabulous philosophical deaths courtesy of Nog and Lommy.
What I always remememberd was that when I dreamed of Boro, Lommy sent me in reply a picture of a rockhopper penguin looking absolutely murderous.
It still makes me laugh even now, particularly when I visit the penguin pool at London zoo, (which is full of rockhoppers).
Old 06-11-2015, 07:23 AM   #1296
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nope
Such an original answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
What I always remememberd was that when I dreamed of Boro, Lommy sent me in reply a picture of a rockhopper penguin looking absolutely murderous.
It still makes me laugh even now, particularly when I visit the penguin pool at London zoo, (which is full of rockhoppers).
Ohh... those were the days *sigh*

I remember us searching for nice pics of different penguins to be used in the game... I think I can still remember that one.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:35 AM   #1297
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Kuru, can you call them something other than prey?
I asked the Lord High Scorekeeper and he said no, it is a years long tradition now.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:46 AM   #1298
mormegil
Maundering Mage

So are we voting on who we want revealed? Could we reveal Kuru? Would he be predator or prey?
Old 06-11-2015, 08:08 AM   #1299
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I can now confirm that Nog is an ordo.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:37 AM   #1300
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I can now confirm that Nog is an ordo.
A "prey"!

Well, anyway thanks Kuru for a quick deliverance.

Is there anything else but voting Rikae we could / should do toNight to prepare for toMorrow?

Whatever Boro's role he should be able to kill Form toNight - especially now that he knows Form is a wolf. If he doesn't do that I'm getting pretty uneasy with him - but hopefully the village will then see it as well.

It would be cool to have Nilp go back to the Living thread but if Sally was protected last Night then her chances to survive are pretty shallow.

With morm's pack already done away with (wishful but not ungrounded thinking) there might only be one pack left - and thence only one kill per Night (not including Boro). Could they target Boro? Like Form goes against Boro and vice versa this Night and what happens then? Both die?

Any good ideas who the last wolf is?

Unless it is Rikae which we'd learn as everyone has voted here... go for it people, vote as soon as you can so we can get some more info even as the Night is still going!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:42 AM   #1301
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
So are we voting on who we want revealed? Could we reveal Kuru? Would he be predator or prey?
I would be revealed as "DWARF."
Old 06-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #1302
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe *been reading too much biology*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
I would be revealed as "DWARF."
The food chain goes:

Grass -> Cow -> Dwarf -> Dragon

Therefore a Dwarf is both predator and prey. Is that what you meant?

Also,

++Rikae

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 06-11-2015 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Sir, you seem to have dropped your relative pronoun.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #1303
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Whenever I have bit of sparetime I think "better catch up on the dead thread", then I see the amount of posts and give up.

Today looks like it will be no different.
Sorry.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #1304
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Whenever I have bit of sparetime I think "better catch up on the dead thread", then I see the amount of posts and give up.

Today looks like it will be no different.
Sorry.
Just skip all the parts where people are talking and look for the gifs and smileys.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #1305
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
All right! I confess! I'm a wolf. You've won. Congratulations!
You're not in my pack, and we didn't kill you either. So unless Boro lied about killing me, you can't be a wolf.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #1306
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
++Rikae

Ahem. I'm still a bit confused as I skimmed more than read a lot of yesterDay on both threads. So - dead wolves are Lottie, Mac, Lalaith and morm, Form is a living wolf, and we don't know who the last one is, right? And Lottie and Mac are packmates, but do we know about the rest of them? Any confessions?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:14 AM   #1307
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Ahem. I'm still a bit confused as I skimmed more than read a lot of yesterDay on both threads. So - dead wolves are Lottie, Mac, Lalaith and morm, Form is a living wolf, and we don't know who the last one is, right?
To hammer this again, now in the dead thread...do we know Nerwen is the seer? Have we checked her She never claimed it in the living thread

Last edited by mormegil; 06-11-2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: do to to
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #1308
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
++Rikae
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:12 AM   #1309
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420!

Hm, I missed the chance to Nilp in this thread as well...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:25 AM   #1310
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Rikae

I'm pretty dubious about their reveal, but at least we'll get confirmation sooner than later.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:06 PM   #1311
mormegil
Maundering Mage

++Kuruharan

Old 06-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #1312
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Is everyone really that curious to uncloak me?

I feel like Lady Gaga.

EDIT:

my future post #1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I was confused for a second there - Eomer's not on the list.

Nilp, I suppose, doesn't know my role now? That's a shame.

As for the final wolf, I'm leaning toward McC at the moment, but we need to look very carefully at Mith & Kath as well.

I suppose there's also the possibility that Eomer was the last member of the other pack and the game only continues because Boro is a werebear...

Last edited by Rikae; 06-13-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #1313
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Is everyone really that curious to uncloak me?
Oh the jokes...the jokes, must not make the jokes!

Quote:
I feel like Lady Gaga.
You might want to shower that off...
Old 06-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #1314
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

++Rikae

Also, I dreamed Nerwen last night and she isn't a Wolf. Seriously, I had a Downer dream last night!

The creative non-fiction department at the university was having some sort of conference/workshop thing and folks were submitting pieces to try and win various cash prizes. I had to rate the papers in order to weed out the bottom half before I sent them on to the department head, the final judge. After a couple of so-so efforts, I grabbed the next paper and was shocked to find the name at the top was "Nerwen".

I wondered what the chances were of there being another Nerwen, but conveniently there was a parenthetical beneath her name that stated, "The Downer from Down Under". And then it all made sense. I remembered on the thread she had mentioned spotty internet going over the mountains- she was obviously talking about the mountains in Colorado on her way toward Nebraska. (Apparently in my dream world there is a road leading straight from Australia to the Western US, ha ha.)

I spent a bit of time wondering if I should excuse myself from the panel on account of knowing Nerwen, because even without reading it I planned to give it the highest mark. I looked around the room trying to find Nerwen (the submissions were made in person and they awaited the results), but I couldn't see her anywhere. Then I realized I didn't know what she looked like because I wasn't linked to her on Facebook. But even as that thought occurred to me another thought overrode it, "It's Nerwen, from the Downs. Of course you'll recognize her when you see her. Downers can always pick one another out of a crowd. We can sense each other."

And then I woke up, nodding my head to that truth.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:33 PM   #1315
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well let's see about that.

++Rikae

And amazing dream, Phantom. I haven't had 'Downers-related dreams in a while, maybe I should become a Seer in order to get them.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #1316
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Oh the jokes...the jokes, must not make the jokes!

You must have missed my latest in Crazy Captions http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...ostcount=14112
Old 06-11-2015, 01:49 PM   #1317
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I also had a Downer dream last night - I dreamed that Shasta was moving to Europe and that Mac and Rikae (who were living in Germany) were going to put him up while he found his feet. Everyone on the Downs was very excited about it.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #1318
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Thumbs up

Quote:
So are we voting on who we want revealed? Could we reveal Kuru?
*eyes Kuru up and down*

Yeah, can we reveal Kuru?
Old 06-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #1319
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Lalaith! Can your dream really happen please?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #1320
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Lalaith! Can your dream really happen please?
Look! You're excited! Part of my dream is already coming true...