The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2015, 08:29 PM   #1441
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Thirty-seven pages? My, have you people been busy.

*grumbles off to do his reading*
Make sure you start from the beginning and read every bit.

It is totally worth it.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #1442
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Thirty-seven pages? My, have you people been busy.

*grumbles off to do his reading*
We expect a 5-page essay by tomorrow.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #1443
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
It's bad enough having to read five pages of the phantom. If you expect me to write about him too, you've got another thing coming.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #1444
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You only got til page 5? Then you didn't get to any of the good stuff yet.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:59 PM   #1445
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
You only got til page 5? Then you didn't get to any of the good stuff yet.
Just hit page 20. I'm saying that tp's had roughly a quarter of the posts I've seen so far.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:15 PM   #1446
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Too true.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #1447
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

You're lucky I've been busy lately, McCaber.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:26 PM   #1448
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Completely caught up now. Y'all dead people suck. Voting against me and then making me read thirty-seven pages of the worthless banter you guys threw around.

For the record, I meant everything I said this game, up to and including Nilp being sally's lover and me covering for them yesterDay. And especially about not trusting Boro to be on the side of the village.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:35 AM   #1449
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm sure you did.

++McCab
Old 06-13-2015, 02:45 AM   #1450
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Enjoy you death, McCaber!

Agan, wouldn't it be better if I dreamed McCaber and Rune got scried?
Old 06-13-2015, 03:07 AM   #1451
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Enjoy you death, McCaber!

Agan, wouldn't it be better if I dreamed McCaber and Rune got scried?
Yeah it would, actually. I kind of forgot he's playing.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:15 AM   #1452
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Welcome, McCab! If you have read all of the thread, well, then you deserve a... cake... *glares at the sad remains* Anyway, it's quite a feat, and hope it at least was entertaining.

So do you (others) think Mith is a Wolf, or what? Or Kath? Or Boro?

Generally I agree with Nerwen's suggestion, let's check our Mr. Enigma son of Bjarne and she can dream Cab.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:18 AM   #1453
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Generally I agree with Nerwen's suggestion, let's check our Mr. Enigma son of Bjarne and she can dream Cab.
Exactly my thoughts as well. I mean the last time Kuru sent your dream back as soon as he got it so it would be nicer to actually know what McCaber is as early as possible while Rune can wait till the change of the Day (I'm pretty positive he isn't a wolf).

So.

++ Rune

As he is effectively the only one we don't know if Nerwen dreams of McCaber.

Meanwhile, what do you think, which is the greater problem now: Mith being a wolf or Boro finally turning into a werewolf after the itching has ended with his three bonus-kills? Knowing whether McCaber speaks the truth would of course help a lot speculating that...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:20 AM   #1454
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
And of course most importantly, is there anything we can do about that?

If an innocent just voted the right way - and early enough - we could jump on that and try to actually make a difference in the lynch-vote? I mean it's probably going to be a close vote toMorrow in the Living Thread.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:21 AM   #1455
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

... if we had a plausible working theory or hypotheses about the greatest threat to the village, of course.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:38 AM   #1456
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Rune
Old 06-13-2015, 04:43 AM   #1457
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Meanwhile, what do you think, which is the greater problem now: Mith being a wolf or Boro finally turning into a werewolf after the itching has ended with his three bonus-kills? Knowing whether McCaber speaks the truth would of course help a lot speculating that...
Are we counting Kath out? And why?
Old 06-13-2015, 04:54 AM   #1458
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Are we counting Kath out? And why?
I hope not.

What I was thinking was that I was asking for the most imminent threats... which I think she isn't - even if she could be a wolf for sure.

I don't know if I wish to start this age-old discussion here - and I'm not suggesting we'd just "forget" Kath - but I still think like years ago, that if someone wins the game by not actually playing and showing-off as someone who's completely lost because she hasn't read anything etc. I think that win goes undeserved and should not be minded.

I mean whether we win or lose this has been a totally funny game and certainly worth playing. So I'm not thinking winning or losing is such a big deal - unlike a fun game.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:56 AM   #1459
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril

I suppose photos of my swimming topless has already been leaked by morm, so...

Did y'all consider Mith more trustworthy than McCaber? Or did I compound my messing up not seeing Rikae's role by messing up with that not-that-well-thought-out vote list plan thingy and then not being around to shepherd proceedings?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:04 AM   #1460
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Did y'all consider Mith more trustworthy than McCaber? Or did I compound my messing up not seeing Rikae's role by messing up with that not-that-well-thought-out vote list plan thingy
No we didn't. I think many of us were pretty uneasy with Mith and I must admit I would probably have been happier had she been lynched - but that was a narrow call, I'd say.

And as a couple of europeans had already voted to empower Mith earlier and we had five wolves to sabotage the DL, there were no good chances to leave the final decision to the last minutes either (especially if the wolves could have forced a tie in the Living thread).

Yes we did go by your suggestion to tell them about Rikae as there seemed to be no clearly better options for us.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:21 AM   #1461
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
++Runey

This might be my only contribution toNight. If so, I trust you guys to do the right thing.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #1462
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Deadline today will be 7:00 PM Eastern.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #1463
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Might not have a chance to do this again.

++Nilpaurion Felagund
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #1464
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

++Rune
Old 06-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #1465
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
++Rune
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #1466
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Yeah, why not

++Rune

EDIT: This was originally my post #1496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
McCaber is a WOLF!!!!

Yay! I got two of 'em right!

And booo, Boro's going to know we know that and we're probably not going to get the chance to lynch him toMorrow.

Last edited by Rikae; 06-13-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #1467
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

McCaber is a WOLF!!!!
Old 06-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #1468
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
McCaber is a WOLF!!!!
In the name of all!!!!!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #1469
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I believe I just genuinely cursed out loud bilingually!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #1470
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
PS, Nerwen you sure you're not messing with us??
Old 06-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #1471
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sheeeeeeet!
Old 06-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #1472
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

*wipes sweat from the brow*

Anyway, for completion's sake

++Rune

And now what. Does somebody have a secret role powers with a secret way to tell the village? Though I *did* say it before Nilp went back...

(Or please, Nerwen, say it was a joke...)
Old 06-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #1473
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Well, in that case...

...can we kill Boro now?
Old 06-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #1474
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So they need to lynch Boro the next Day or the village loses...
Old 06-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #1475
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
McCaber is a WOLF!!!!
Yay! I got two of 'em right!

And booo, Boro's going to know we know that and we're probably not going to get the chance to lynch him toMorrow.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #1476
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Shasta was pretty suspicious of Boro. Let's hope he will stand up for it and get his will through.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #1477
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I think Boro is not killing anyone toNight and will be trying to claim there is just one wolf around and therefore the village should not lynch him as he is not that...

EDIT: Totally stupid reasoning... sorry. I'll take it a new...
Old 06-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #1478
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh Shasta you will be my champion, don't fail me now! *desperately wishes he could hear this*

++Rune
btw
Old 06-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #1479
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Well, in that case...

...can we kill Boro now?
Do you want to now tell us about your superpower of killing people from beyond the grave? Kuru? Is there something like if both of the Wolf-packs combine into a Mega-Zord, they can kill even a living person? No?
Old 06-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #1480
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I think Boro is not killing anyone toNight and will be trying to claim there is just one wolf around and therefore the village should not lynch him as he is not that...
You mean, Boro will claim that he did not kill anyone toNight, and he will just say "hey, whoever made the kill toNight is the remaining Wolf! It had to be... (XY)"