Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2002, 01:04 AM   #81
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
1420!

Allright, I have had it with all these goodie two shoes ruining our party, grrrraaahh. It ends now.

The wolf is dead, even the vultures could not pick the pieces after the barbarian and wild elf dealt with him.

We are rich, Thoronduin, lets drown ourselves in ale.

Thus spake Ozracles!
Old 07-19-2002, 01:09 AM   #82
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Lordy, Cim, when you get into a character, you don't mess around.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:26 AM   #83
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Yes, I do..that's the general idea of role play. We are not realising our alter egoaic fantasies here, but expressing our writing skills and creative ideas.

After all writer role plays through all his characters in the story, doesn't he?

Ozracles is a mean, obscene fighting machine. Extremely insensitive, granite hearted and absolutely ruthless and those are his positive qualities. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 01:39 AM   #84
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

In short, a Barbarian.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:44 AM   #85
Lady Death
Pile O'Bones

Lady Death has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi Susan,
Cimmerian asked me to join this RPG. Can I play as Remdil's daughter whom you people will kidnap?
Mankind's worst nightmare in the form of it's sweetest dream, Lady Death, is ever a woman of contradictions- and with good reason for the blood of both angels and demons flows through her veins. The life of the woman who would become known as Death began as a young girl named Hope in Medieval Europe. Hope was the daughter of Matthias, a 666th generation descendant of the fallen angels, and Marion, a woman so pure her bloodline reached to Heaven
Old 07-19-2002, 08:21 AM   #86
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

I'm going away from 2morrow to monday, so don't kill me please.
Apart from that, you are free to bend my character to you're will. Within reason. I'm not crying, or apologising.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:24 AM   #87
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Welcome, Lady Death!
but the kidnapping actually comes later, and since both Remdil's family and Hithduiniel are Belin's domain, we'll have to ask her. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

edit: Hey, no reason she can't join voluntarilly, or with Remdil!

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-19-2002, 11:27 AM   #88
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

What do I do now that someone just killed me?
Old 07-19-2002, 11:57 AM   #89
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Want to be reincarnated in a puppy?
Old 07-19-2002, 11:59 AM   #90
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Hm, is it possible for me to just be reincarnated as myself? Elves can do that; for example Glorfindel.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:07 AM   #91
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

But you are not an Elf, you are a wolf. Glorfindel was a freak; a lone occurance, an author's mistake, so we really can't say that "Elves can do that", and there's a perfectly good puppy already available.

(Honestly, I have no idea why the litte guy is so important to me...)
Old 07-20-2002, 01:40 AM   #92
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The revellry continues. Huzzah!

The wolf had to be killed to further the plot, Warg. If the plans keep getting nipped in the bud how will we advance this game.

As for opposition, sure, I welcome it. But let a gang of ruffians establish themselves.

When Thorondriun was waitng for people to join his gang in the bar, he wasn't shouting out aloud that he intended to loot and plunder. Rogues similar to him would understand what he wants when he says "I have a job, I need men for it," so they would ally with him. Powerful elf lords couldn't care less about such.

So far Susan, Belin, Manelwen and I have stuck with that theme. I don't think that elves with elemental powers would join a group of cheap hoods like us to thwart our meagre robbery plans, let alone a talking wolf.

Allow the gang of vandals to get established, then you goodie good goods can form a countering team. It's lame if half the gang have intentions to ruin every plan we make.

Let's get a good game going.

[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 07-20-2002, 02:41 AM   #93
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hey, I'm gonna be gone for a while. About a month, starting this Sunday. If I can't get online, do waht you will with my character, just no killing or ditching. Oh, and go see the new RPG I'm starting. It's called Middle Earth Adventures RPG Discussion.

[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: suicidal elf chick ]
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 07-23-2002, 09:30 AM   #94
Lady Death
Pile O'Bones

Lady Death has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here's my character -

Name - Livia ??

Race - Human

Age - 18

Ht - 5'7

Wt - Unrevealed, slender build

Hair - Black, in messy curls

Eyes - Green

Dress - Poorly dressed in old work clothes.

History - The only (possible adopted)daughter of Remdil, she has worked in the inn all her life, which is boring and dull. She often dislikes all the unsavoruy people that frequent their inn, but they needed the business.
Mankind's worst nightmare in the form of it's sweetest dream, Lady Death, is ever a woman of contradictions- and with good reason for the blood of both angels and demons flows through her veins. The life of the woman who would become known as Death began as a young girl named Hope in Medieval Europe. Hope was the daughter of Matthias, a 666th generation descendant of the fallen angels, and Marion, a woman so pure her bloodline reached to Heaven
Old 07-23-2002, 07:27 PM   #95
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

Lady Death... I am the much fabled and seldom seen Belin Ibaimendi, invisible guardian of the game. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My conception of Remdil's daughter was as a fourteen-year-old redhead, who has a special connection with dogs and a hopeless crush on the inn's groom, who's quite a bit older than she is (as a result, she spends quite a bit of time hanging around the stables). Would you care to come to a compromise? I won't be particularly stubborn. Not really. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ..I like the crush on the groom, though, so I'd like it if you kept that. Maybe sixteen years old with dark reddish hair? In any case, welcome to the game. Livia, hm? Very interesting name, very Antony and Cleopatra [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ket-- Well, that was certainly interesting. I also find your decline to submit stats interesting.. at the risk of sounding anti-RPG, I think I approve! ..Do I smell a plot twist? Will you be back to play your father? Ah, suspense!

Susan--Thoronduin's getting a bit paranoid there, is he? I suppose he's right, of course.. but I wonder, hm, will his band drive him over the edge? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (actually, that would be kind of fun, wouldn't it?)

Cim--Cheap hoods with delusions of grandeur, don't forget the delusions of grandeur. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ..After all, their loot is fairly important, so I don't think a LITTLE opposition, even from kind of scary people, is completely ludicrous. On the other hand, you notice, they didn't immediately run off to gather armies. (Note: Please do not take this opportunity to gather your armies.)
BTW, I've been wondering for a while...where do barbarians come from in Middle-Earth? Are you related to the Rohirrim?

GW--Oh, come on, be the puppy... at least you can probably befriend Livia!

Incidentally, Remdil is techincally not the innkeeper, he's just the bouncer. Ah, well. Nice work, people. Keep it up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

--Belin Ibaimendi

Duly noted, Susan.

[ July 23, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 07-23-2002, 07:40 PM   #96
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Well, Ozracles has already tried to usurp his place...who's to say he wouldn't steal the loot too? I can just imagine this man going batty...
Old 07-23-2002, 07:54 PM   #97
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*grumbles and does her best to look grumpy* I was in the middle of writing a post and it was really funny but a sudden storm in my area knocked out the darn power and didn't come back on for, like, five hours...I'll post again though...

-Manelwen
Old 07-23-2002, 11:52 PM   #98
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yes Yes, Belin. One has to be deluded to act as a barbaric cheap hood in the first place and Ozracles is the extremist in that area.

Barbarians are not a race but a kind of lifestyle, as in Rangers, Heralds, Knights, Paladins etc. A Barbarian is a person with very little social skills, no manners and a very abrasive nature. He takes what he likes; kills first and asks questions next week. That's what Oz is all about, possibly from Gondor or Rohan or from wherever humans dwelt in the War of Wrath period of time.

Watch your back, Thor.

Missed you Himel.

Let's rumble!
Old 07-25-2002, 01:29 AM   #99
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

*ahem* Co-Moderator, it's "Thorondruin", not "Thoronduil". Are you trying to think of "Thranduil"?
Old 07-26-2002, 06:15 PM   #100
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I think I'll not post here for a couple days. I'm not going on vacation or anything, I just need a little down time after the last thing I wrote. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2002, 04:18 PM   #101
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Oh fine, I'll be a puppy. But you know, Elves are supposed to be close with nature and everything. Oh, one thing. If I'm 'reincarnated' as a puppy, do I have memory of my past life, or just a foolish little puppy?
Old 07-28-2002, 05:48 PM   #102
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I didn't really mean "reincarnated" in the Hindu sense, but just that you take him over and control him. He is young andfoolsih, but he's a smart little dog, and the Elves can hear when he speaks to them (I guess). And this way, at least you'd still be in the game.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:37 AM   #103
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

When do we make for the Silmaril?
Old 08-01-2002, 05:18 PM   #104
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

All right, I need someone to play Gondeithel, The head of the Guard in the town we're currently in (let's call it Garolin). GW? Kettle? Want another role?

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 09-03-2002, 03:38 AM   #105
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Phoenix Solitude has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix Solitude Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Solitude
Tolkien

Umm...the title of this RPG sounded good, so I'd like to join please. Ok, I am Here. BTW, I realise this pro is not very good, but I'm still working on this character. I'll be part of the evil ppl who are stealing the Simaril. If thats ok with you?
Name: Carathon.
Eyes: black. Hungry looking.
Hair: Browny red, kind of foxy colour. Looks like it hasn't been cut in ages, tumbles round his face in disarray.
Other features: Pointed nose, very good sense of smell. Ragged clothes, slim face, almost gaunt. Constantly looks hungry.
History: Raised by wild foxes and wolves. Half elf, half man. Is very alert. Does not realise that he is doing wrong. He simply wants food, and so Thoroduin and his gang take advantage of his hunger and naivety. Then one person in the gang could tell him about their reality, maybe? Just ideas here.
Abilities: Has superb sight and hearing. An expert Mandolin player. Not bad at fighting.
Weapons: Only a couple of small daggers, but they are lethal in his hands.
Ok, so I'd really love to join, please!

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Phoenix Solitude ]
Old 09-03-2002, 08:44 PM   #106
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Absolutely, Welcome! We're very glad to have you aboard for this revival. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2002, 07:58 PM   #107
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ok, Dineniel's sort of been abandoned, so is it ok if she follows along behind and plots to steal the silmaril all by herself or something?

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Rosseiliantiel ]
Old 09-06-2002, 11:02 AM   #108
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Welcome back, Rosseil! It's good to see you again. I think everyone thought you'd disappeared, since you hadn't posted for awhile even before the RPG started sinking like a rock..

It sounds good to me, although I can see that this story is going to be more and more splintered as time goes on and everyone wanders off in other directions. That should be all right, though, since they're still involved with the same things. I wonder how Dineniel came to be abandonded? This may require an explanation.

*looks around for Lady Death and Manelwen, speaking of disappearing artists*

Incidentally, I have noticed a slightly irritating discrepency that we'll have to take care of if we ever try to edit this thing.. alerooms did not have counters in them until the late nineteenth century! ..hmmm....

Anyway, on with the mayhem!

--Belin Ibaimendi

[ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 09-06-2002, 11:22 AM   #109
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Well, I guess cause Dineniel disappeared for a bit around the time of the caravan thing, they kindof stopped trusting her and simply snuck out without telling her...hmmm...
Old 09-07-2002, 04:18 AM   #110
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Speaking of aleroom counters, Belin... horses were ridden without the stirrups until the chinese invetion of them was discovered by the British in the 16th century. But there are stories that are set in 10,000BC that feature legions of stirrupped horses.

It's called artistic licsence. Besides are we really sure of what the sands of time have decided to hide away and what it has left outside for us to find... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2002, 05:47 PM   #111
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Rossielantiel, I'm so glad you're back!

How do you feel about Dineniel rejoining the brigands? We could definitely use her skills and it would make things a bit smoother. Or, she could try joining up with Remdil and his rescue operation, but I don't know how likely he'd be to trust her...
It's just that I don't want half a dozen plots going at the same time; it's messy and hard to keep track of and the more groups of people there are wandering around, the more splintered (to use Belin's word) it gets. Also, to have Dineliel wandering around by herself limits her possibilities because she won't be interacting with any of the other characters. So, unless everyone wants to do some recruiting to get Dineniel her own gang to go after the Silmaril themselves, I'd rather not have anyone by him- or her-self.

Actually, the idea of having two separate groups going after the same thing isn't a bad one. It could be like a race.

Rereading this, I realise it seems a bit self-contradictory. All it really boils down to is, yes, Dineniel can stay away from all the existing groups of people if you want, but at the same time, I'd rather not have her alone by herself.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:59 PM   #112
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Hmmm...this is a situation...

(Wow, that was a pointless post)
Maybe she could rejoin the original group, and then try to take the Silmaril by herself at the end...or she could find someone or someone-s to go along with her...
Old 09-07-2002, 07:24 PM   #113
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

lol, lol, and lol! I actually just had the same idea of her being recruited by Remdil.. talk about great minds thinking alike. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] That would certainly make some interesting things happen.. he wouldn't trust her, of course, but she could certainly be useful. And the other two ideas are also ones I like. Oh, my. I think it's up to none other than you, Rosseilantiel. See what happens when you oversleep? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm inclined to think we have enough brigands, though.. although the flavor of your group, were you to form another, would probably be very different, and Susan's point about a race is a good one, so, um, you decide. In any case, I'm sure you'll do a good job. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Up to me, though, I would encourage you to join either the brigands or Remdil.

Cimmerian-- Heh, you're quite right, of course, and I'm sure that this isn't even close to being the only discrepency in here (hey, if we were going historically, it might even be a stretch to have domesicated horses, no?). Thanks for reminding me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But for some reason it sticks in my mind (because I'm crazy, no doubt)... I don't think there was a counter in the Prancing Pony, yesee. Let's see, the whole town, and the inn in particular, had a very different atmosphere before the invasion of you lot and your dangerous ilk [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ... maybe it was put in recently, to protect the barkeeper?? ..hehe, a rather pitiful effort, but very typical of the way this town deals with things, as far as I can tell.

Now... I'm slightly hesitant to do this, seeing how well it worked before [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] , but I have another part or three that I'd like to advertise.. can we have an Eolinda? I don't think she'll stand for her husband simply wandering off, and if someone wanted to play her she could come along and be interesting. She's a woman of sound good sense and several small abilities, although rather inexperienced.. her dedication to any project she undertakes and her shrewd intelligence have made her a very good wife, and a lot of people resent that she married Remdil. She isn't beautiful, though. It would be nice to have SOMEBODY populating Neniant, as well, assuming I ever get there. Any takers??

--Belin Ibaimendi

[ September 07, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
Old 09-07-2002, 07:47 PM   #114
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Ok, I think Dineiel should join up with Remdil et al, and maybe not entirely to her liking. Sound good?
Old 09-07-2002, 08:15 PM   #115
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Sounds good to me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2002, 03:02 PM   #116
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I am editing the tile of this RPG so it's a little more descriptive. Let me know what you all think.
Old 09-08-2002, 03:28 PM   #117
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Poifect! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Definately more descriptive, that's for sure. It has a nice ring to it.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:40 AM   #118
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I just realised how similar my updated title is to Birdie's title...honestly, that was not my intention. I just wanted to keep the old name and have the new one as well, and "Quest for the Silmaril" sounded so good... Ah, well. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2002, 02:56 AM   #119
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Since Belin had no bites for Eolinda, I have decided to play her.

I hope you all don't mind doubling up on roles, because once we get to Osiriand, we're going to need some Green Elves to mount a pursuit after the kidnapping brigands. We're not there yet, so it's not an immediate need, but think about it, and if it's something you think you'd be interested in, let me or Belin know (or just post it here in the discussion [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]), so we can figure out exactly how many Elves we'll have and/or their level of characterization (meaning whether they're real, fleshed out characters or just names controlled as a unit, in the manner of Yerniel Venea's troupe of Orcs in the old Gondor RPG).
Old 09-09-2002, 04:12 AM   #120
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Nah, 'Quest for the Silmaril' is too plain.

Doubling up on characters sounds great!