The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-09-2000, 09:58 AM   #1
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Death!

<BR>&quot;And with that the host began to move. But the Rohirrim sang no more. <i> Death</i> they cried with one voice loud and terrible, and gathering speed like a great tide their battle swept about their fallen king and passed, roaring away southwards.&quot; <br> <br> I can't wait to see that. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p><i>Edited by <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000062>burrahob bit</A> at: 6/9/00 12:00:20 pm<br></i>
Old 06-09-2000, 02:12 PM   #2
Sharkû
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkû has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> YEEEAAHH!!! <p></p>
Sharkû is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2000, 03:48 AM   #3
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Ring

<BR><br><br> As for my part, i cant wait to see this scene:<br> <br> &quot;All about the hills the hosts of Mordor raged. The Captains of the West were foundering in a gathering sea. The sun gleamed red, and under the wings of the Nazgûl the shadows of death fell dark upon the earth. Aragorn stood beneath his banner, silent and stern, as one lost in thought of things long past or far away; but his eyes gleamed like stars that shine the brighter as the night deepens.Uponthe hill-top stood Gandalf,and he was white<br> and cold and no shadow fell on him. The onslaught of Mordor broke like a wave on the beleaguered hills, voices roaring like a tide amid the wreck and crash of arms.&quot;<br> <br> *shiver* <p></p>

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2000, 01:22 PM   #4
Wizard of the Secret Fire
Pile O'Bones

Wizard of the Secret Fire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Both parts are great, I like this one:<br> <br> &quot;And far away, as Frodo put on the Ring and claimed it for his own, even in Sammath Naur the very heart of his realm, the Power in Barad-dur was shaken, and the Tower trembeled from its foundations to its proud and bitter crown. The Dark Lord was suddenly aware of him, and his Eye piercing all shadows looked across the plain to the door that he had made; and the magnitude of his own folly was revealed to him in a blinding flash, and all the devices of his enemies were at last laid bare. Then his wrath blazed in consuming flame, but his fear rose like a vast black smoke to choke him. For he knew his deadly peril and the thread upon which his doom now hung.<br> <br> From all his policies and webs of fear and treachery, from all his stratagems and wars his mind shook free; and throughout his realm a tremor ran, his slaves quailed, and his armies halted, and his captains suddenly steerless, bereft of will, wavered and despaired. For they were forgotten. The whole mind and purpose of the Power that wielded them was now bent with overwhelming force upon the Mountain.&quot;<br> -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King <br> <br> KHAL, Webmaster, The Old Forest<br> www.theoldforest.cjb.net <p>"You cannot pass. I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor."</p>
Wizard of the Secret Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2000, 03:24 AM   #5
Celebringnar
Pile O'Bones

Celebringnar has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>DEATH!</b><br><br> I'll have to wait a while for this...<br> <br> &quot;Then the Black Captain rose in his stirrups and cried aloud in a dreadful voice, speaking in some forgotten tongue words of power and terror to rend both heart and stone.<br> Thrice he cried. Thrice the great ram loomed. And suddenly upon the last stroke the gate of Gondor broke. As if stricken by some blasting spell it burst asunder: there was a flash of searing lightning and the doors tumbled in riven fragments to the ground.&quot;<br> <br> A bit dark... but MAAAAN... PoWeR--FuLl or WHAT?!!! <p></p>
Celebringnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2000, 06:07 PM   #6
Lady Eowyn
Haunting Spirit

Lady Eowyn has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I love all those scenes. <br> I can't wait to see the fighting in Mordor and the Balrog.<br> That's gonna be awesome...... <p>And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom</p>
Lady Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2000, 06:09 AM   #7
gamegie
Wight

gamegie has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Those scenes are indeed worthy scenes of any epic movies. I can't wait to see them.<br> <br> I want to see the Bree Tavern. Well although not as impressive as the other war scenes it is a wholesome and nice atmosphere which I really want to see. <p>Charming Humble Hobbit</p>
gamegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2000, 07:33 AM   #8
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> The lust for war in this forum is disturbing. Gosh. Isn't anyone interested in seeing the Hall of Fire in Elrond's house, or the high flet of Galadriel and Celeborn, or the triumphant crowning of Elessar Telcontar, or the parting of Elrond and Arwen, or the crossing of the Paths of the Dead....???<br> <br> -red <p></p>
Old 10-15-2000, 07:37 AM   #9
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

Ring

<BR><br><br> Of course not. Why would we be? Except the Paths of the Dead, that's gonna be cool. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p>
Old 10-16-2000, 07:18 AM   #10
coprophage7
Pile O'Bones

coprophage7 has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Don't forget the ever-popular Frodo and Gollum's final tussle for the ring. You can't go without the pivotal loss-of-finger scene <p></p>
coprophage7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2000, 10:35 AM   #11
Lady Eowyn
Haunting Spirit

Lady Eowyn has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I'm looking forward to see Aragorn come down the Anduin, with the fleet of Corsair-ships..<br> <br> And Legolas' and Gimli's competition at Helm's Deep..<br> That's gonna be great <p>And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom</p>
Lady Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2000, 08:49 PM   #12
The Black Lieutenant
Pile O'Bones

The Black Lieutenant has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I can't wait to have my moment in the sun--er, Shadow:<br> <br> &quot;There was a long silence, and from the wall and gate no cry or sound was heard in answer. But Sauron had already laid his plans, and he had a mind first to play these mice cruelly before he struck to kill. So it was that, even as the Captains were about to turn away, the silence was broken suddenly. There came a long rolling of great drums like thunder in the mountains, and then a braying of horns that shook the very stones and stunned men's ears. And thereupon the middle door of the Black Gate was thrown open with a great clang, and out of it there came an embassy from the Dark Tower.<br> <br> At its head there rode a tall and evil shape, mounted upon a black horse, if horse it was; for it was huge and hideous, and its face was a frightful mask, more like a skull than a living head, and in the sockets of its eyes and in its nostrils there burned a flame. The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dur he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: 'I am the Mouth of Sauron.'&quot; <p><a href="http://www.geocities.com/mouth_of_sauron/"> </a> </img> <br> I am the Lieutenant of <a href=http://pub28.ezboard.com/blugburz>Lugburz</a>, a member of the <a href=http://www.tolkienboards.cjb.net/>Tolkien EZBoard Network</a>. </p>
The Black Lieutenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:04 AM   #13
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Then without taking counsel or waiting for the approach of the men of the City, he spurred headlong back to the front of the great host, and blew a horn, and cried aloud for the onset. Over the field rang his clear voice calling: ‘Death! Ride, ride to ruin and the world’s ending!’<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have seen it.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:07 AM   #14
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

lol, how cool. A dream 3 years in the making, finally achieved...
Old 12-17-2003, 05:50 PM   #15
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I <I>sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo</I> wanted to shout out "DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then!!!

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:02 PM   #16
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

But how have you seen it burrahobbit? He never said it in the film I just watched...
Old 12-18-2003, 12:22 AM   #17
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

Sting

Theoden did. You are a ruiner.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:28 AM   #18
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

And as an added bonus, you got to see Merry the Hobbit screaming <B>"DEATH!"</B>
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 01:01 AM   #19
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

Sting

I DID! That was awesome.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:46 PM   #20
Scott
Wight

Scott has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Scott
Tolkien

Shivers again at the very memory of that scene in the theatres. That and Aragorn's coronation speech. My friend got a bit freaked out when he heard me singing along in the High Quenya. I almost cried.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:05 PM   #21
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Perhaps they'll have Eomer find Eowyn and shout DEATH! in the EE. Hopefully.....

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 05:28 PM   #22
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well when the Rohan cried "Death!' in the movie, I remembred the scene in the book. So my freind and I cried "Death!" as well. Then I heard the people around us join in....soemwhat. I creid in the end....*sniff*.
Arwen Melian is offline   Reply With Quote