The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2002, 11:12 PM   #1
Airetalathwen
Animated Skeleton

Airetalathwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Airetalathwen
Question What happened to Middle-earth?

(Okay this is for all of you who are sick of the numerous 'who is the coolest elf?' threads! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

When the Valar came from the West and destroyed Numenor and the whole of ME was changed, where did the peoples of ME go to? Esspecially the ones along the coast and such (like Cirdan for example.) Were they destroyed? (Obviously he wasn't.) Or did they travel to somewhere else, because they knew it was coming? I'm sure there must be someone out there who can explain this!!

Also, is the Middle-earth we know today what was once beyond Ered Luin (now called the blue mountains?) That would make sense, but then that leads you to my above question; how then, did all the peoples survive?

Or...was the actual continent of ME unmoved, but the landscaping was so changed that you can't see any reselmblance to the way it was of old??? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Help!

~Airetalathwen
Old 03-31-2002, 01:32 AM   #2
Merendis
Animated Skeleton

Merendis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i tend to think that the landscaping changed more thatn all of middle earth was destroyed. however, i think the most important thing was that Aman was removed from it, i think that was the main purpose

Riding one day in the forest of the Westlands he saw a woman, whose dark hair flowed in the wind, and about her was a green cloak...and he knew her for Erendis...then suddenly he knew in himself the love that he bore her, and he felt the emptiness of his days.
Merendis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 03:48 AM   #3
lathspell
Regenerating Ringkeeper

lathspell has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Indeed the lands changed for whole Beleriand was drowned after the war of wrath. But I remember that Eonwe gave the elves the choice to stay in ME or to come with him back to Aman and stay there. I guess the elves we see in ME in the 3rd age are the elves who refused to go to Aman (except Thranduil's elves which are Moriquendi).

So some years later Eregion was filled with elves and dwarves from Khazad-Dum. The Elven-Rings were made. The Last Aliance kicked the Dark Lord out and Imladris and Lorien were found and 'created' with the elven-rings.
'Yes, I, Gandalf the Grey,' said the wizard solemnly. 'There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming.'
lathspell is offline   Reply With Quote