The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2002, 02:00 AM   #1
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Question Anyone besides me?

I have AOL. Some time ago, on the "Welcome" page, where all those announcements and whatnot flash by, they offered "celebrity voices" for your AOL Mail; namely one Mr. Elijah Wood as Frodo. He was the only LOTR character offered that I could see.
Anywho, since then I've had "Frodo" telling me "Welcome", "You've got mail", and "Goodbye". [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Anyone besides me have this?
Quote:
"What did you see?" said Pippin to Sam, but Sam was too deep in thought to answer.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 11:23 AM   #2
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

No! But it sounds cool!
Old 07-14-2002, 01:10 PM   #3
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
Sting

I don't have it, but it sounds great!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 10:07 PM   #4
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

SAMWISE I DO I DO!!!!!! I saw that and I had to have Elijah say Welcome, You've Got Mail, and Goodbye! And I always talk back to him, even though he's not even there! I know I'm pathetic. When he says welcome, I say Hey Elijah, and when he says Goodbye, I say Bye Lij! But the only bad thing is that the rest of my family thinks he's a girl! How could you say that!? He sounds just fine!
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 10:13 PM   #5
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Sting

thats what everyone says!!! I hate that! It's like cant you tell he's a guy?! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 10:25 PM   #6
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I know!!!! I mean, if that was a girl, then that'd be a REALLY manly sounding girl!
Old 07-14-2002, 11:57 PM   #7
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

LOL, Lothiriel, that's cool! Hee--when he says "Welcome" I tell him "hello", "You've Got Mail", I thank him, and "Goodbye" I tell him goodbye, too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
A girl??? Huh??? I showed my mom a picture of him when I found one when she was in the vicinity, so she knows he's not a girl. She never said he sounded like one--she said it sounded like he had a cold. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Quote:
It was Sam's turn that day to take the first watch, but Aragorn joined him. The silence grew until even Sam felt it. The occasional movements of his feet became loud noises. Sam could hear his own joints creaking, if he stirred.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 07-15-2002, 06:58 AM   #8
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

My mom just has a slight crush on Frodo. She made me download the Frodo screensaver. When I showed her a picture of Elijah, she said that she liked Frodo better. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 07:56 AM   #9
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

No Samwise, I wasn't aware that Elijah's voice was available and I don't suppose it is anymore [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Gorothlammothiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 11:19 AM   #10
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Yes it is! I put it in my favorites box!!! Hold on, I'll get it! I hope it's still available though, pretty sure it is.

I found it!!!
Grr, it won't work. There's no web address and I can't put the little heart in this page, so I'm gonna PM you. And if that doesn't work, then just tell me your e-mail address because I know it goes in e-mails.

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Lothiriel Silmarien ]
Old 07-17-2002, 02:34 PM   #11
Starbreeze
Ghost of a Smile

Starbreeze has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Starbreeze
Silmaril

Oh how I wish I had aol!

To write is to make dreams, to make dreams is to awaken the fantasy of the mind, to awaken the mind is to be a master.
Starbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:44 AM   #12
ElfEarz
Animated Skeleton

ElfEarz has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

GAAAAAAAAH i cant find a signature that some 1 doesnt already have [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] *changes it for the 5th time*

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: ElfEarz ]
Old 07-20-2002, 09:54 PM   #13
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

The Eye

Eurecka! I've got it!!!! It took me like thirty minutes to figure out just the right place to downloade it, but alas! Now when i sign on frodo says welcome and when i get mail he says youve got mail!!! So cool!!!! I'm feeling like a computer genious right now... okay well not like a total genious... but defenitly smarter..
(i know there are lots of mispellings here but im too tired to spell properly)
Old 07-20-2002, 10:10 PM   #14
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Lothiriel, did you ever get it?

Sigh. I recently downloaded AOL 7.0 and now none of my original greetings work, nor can I seem to get them to! Oh, well... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[QUOTE]"But Mr. Frodo, he knows he's got to find the Cracks of Doom, if he can. But he's afraid. Now it's come to the point, he's just plain terrified. That's what his trouble is. Of course, he's had a bit of schooling, so to speak--we all have--since we left home, or he'd be so terrified he'd just fling the Ring into the River and bolt. But he's still too frightened to start. And he isn't worrying about us, either: wether we'll go along with him or no. He knows we mean to. That's another thing that's bothering him. If he screws himself up to go, he'll want to go alone. Mark my words! We're going to have trouble when he comes back. For he'll screw himself up all right, sure as his name's Baggins. "

[ July 21, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 07-22-2002, 11:07 AM   #15
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Sting

Nev, where did ya get the Elijah screensaver? Me grand'ma would love it!

She owns practicaly every Elijah Movie ever!

The War, The Facilty{sp?}, Huck Finn{hez so cute in it}, Forever Young, Flipper, The Bumblebee Flies Away, etc....
ArwenBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:16 PM   #16
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Samwise, the same thing happened to me! I was hoping I could get help here, I've been trying to get his voice back for like the past couple of hours! I had to download 7.0 (we had to re-install aol, so why not get 7.0) and I can't seem to find out how to get his voice back. I did it last time, but now I forgot how to do it! If you find a way, please help!! And if I somehow find it out, I'll let you know!
Old 07-30-2002, 07:40 PM   #17
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Oh, well. 7.0 gave me so many problems (ie;kicking me off line when I'd been on anywhere form 5 to 15 mins.), that I went back to 5.0. Granted, it's slower, but it doesn't kick me off when I'm in the middle of an important project! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Also, I got my
"Little Mr. Wood" voice back! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This is a pic I'd never seen of the little guy before. Sheesh. I kid you not (so to speak) most pics of him (like this one) make me think of one of the munchkins at the preschool I work at! Yeah, I know he's 21, but.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Quote:
Sam fell on his knees, trembling. "Get up, Sam!" said Gandalf. "I have thought of something better than that. Something to shut your mouth, and punish you properly for listening. You shall go away with Mister Frodo. "
[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]

Old 07-30-2002, 08:50 PM   #18
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

That happens to you too, Samwise?! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I always get kicked off!! It's so annoying! And we switched the phone lines on it, so it takes me about 20 minutes to sign on sometimes, so when it kicks me off I get so frustrated!! I like that picture of Elijah [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2002, 09:35 PM   #19
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Yeah, me, too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] So, it was a choice between constantly getting kicked off or slow connection--I chose slow connection, as I can always go do other stuff while a site is loading...
Yeah, he's a little cutie, isn't he? An' from the look of it, he's not wearing the blue contacts...hm... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Back to the topic, however, was there anyone else out there able to get the little guy's voice?
(sorry, like I said, I keep thinking, 'kid from the preschool where I work... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )
Quote:
."They are sailing, sailing, sailing over the Sea, they are going into the West and leaving us," said Sam, half chanting the words, shaking his head sadly and solemnly.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:03 PM   #20
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Sting

No, I don't have it. Probally because I don't have AOL. Oh, well. **sighs** I wonder if you can get it if oyu don't have AOL.... Any suggestions on how to get it if you don't have AOL? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

-------------

"I have never been out of my own land before. And if I had known what the world outside was like. I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
-Merry
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote