The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-01-2002, 04:41 AM   #1
galadwen29
Animated Skeleton

galadwen29 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Are you getting excited yet?

quezzie everybody
as you know the two towers is coming out in less than 3 months so which catorgory of excitness are you in?

1.excited? understatement of the year everytime i think about i squeal in delight! (that includes in school, church etc..)

2.so excited that i jump up and down on my bed every morning ('cos it's my first thought of the day!)

3.very excited but i can wait i've got the book to read for the 5oth time til then

4.just a little bit excited

5.excited

6.don't give a toss

7.the two towers? what's that?

"TOSS ME!"
galadwen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 07:42 AM   #2
hobbitlass
Shade of Carn Dûm

hobbitlass has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I'd have to say I'm #1 and #3. I definiltely cant't control myself when the thought crosses my mind so I do read my book for fixes.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:50 AM   #3
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Probably somewhere about 2.5, because I need to read the book again (but I don't have time) and I can't wait until December rolls around, now that I have two things that I didn't have last December (namely, a driver's license and a working car - even though I have very little gasoline in my car at any time).

It isn't my first thought even morning, but it's up there, somewhere about the fifth or sixth thought.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:17 AM   #4
Gliniel
Pile O'Bones

Gliniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gliniel
The Eye

I'm close to a 1, but I can control my "squeals of delight." They are self-contained, for the most part [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Hee hee, I'd love to see myself do a 2 (jumping on the bed and all). I'd hit my head on the ceiling. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Gliniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 02:27 PM   #5
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I only "squeal with delight" whenever I see the trailer or see new pics from the movie!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 02:37 PM   #6
Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas
Wight

Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Both 1 and 2...ANd Hitting My head on the roof...I'm tall, the beds elevated and I have a low roof in My Room.

Church?? How about the library?
Old 10-01-2002, 04:51 PM   #7
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
2 and 3. I jump on my dog's bed. Much safer, as there is not much danger of me hitting my head.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:13 PM   #8
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
Tolkien

I am sort of a 1. I always squeal and get even more excited whenever any mencion of Lotr pops up. For example, today some girl asked me what it said on my ring. The nerve! As if she'd never see the movie! Sheesh! People these days. We just told her in elvish, i dont think she understood but, thats not my fault she doesnt obsess over lotr 24/7
Old 10-07-2002, 05:33 PM   #9
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

*Blushes and clears her throat*

Erm...number one...definitely...okay: I had already seen the coming attractions because I went to see LotR: FotR a few times on my own for the trailer, but...over the summer, they started showing the coming attraction in the theaters...well...

The first time I saw it, my mom was to my left and my dad to my right. I saw the 1st shot, with Eowyn on the stairs...I screamed so loud that we got really strange glances and grabbed my dad's arm, both bruising the arm and accidentally digging my nails into his stomach...

I'm sorry daddy...and the sad thing is: I really did that...so: definitely number one...and I scream rather loud whenever I see the coming attractions now...
Old 10-07-2002, 05:46 PM   #10
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I'm a 3, but shouldn't there be some number for, "I'm really excited but I can survive because I shamelessly hang out at the Barrow Downs forum every day"?
Old 10-07-2002, 06:29 PM   #11
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think that I'm a 2, I don't squeel very often. Everytime I see a preview for Pay per view or whatever of LOTR I am very exited (I have the movie but it is just not the same as seeing the little clips on TV) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 08:49 PM   #12
DarkRose
Wight

DarkRose has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to DarkRose
Sting

I suppose I'm a mixture of 1, 2, and 3. Allow me to elaborate.

I squeal whenever LOTR or TTT or FOTR is mentioned. I also squeal or shriek or just collapse in joy whenever the thoughts cross my mind. I can't control myself, for the most part. Yesterday I starting giggling and grinning mindlessly during algebra class, and got myself a nasty look from my teacher. Good thing she didn't ask me to explain myself [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Every morning the thought usually crosses my mind when I'm brushing my teeth (odd, eh?), and I run, mouth wildly foaming with toothpaste, around the bathroom chanting "T T T ! T T T!" Heh. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 10:22 AM   #13
Gliniel
Pile O'Bones

Gliniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gliniel
The Eye

LOL, DarkRose I know what you mean. There's nothing wrong with giggling and grinning mindlessly! It happens to the best of us ( [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] ). I did something like that the other day out of nowhere, and now my roommates think I'm cracked.

But TTT is enough probable cause for all of us to totally lose our minds.

[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: Gliniel ]
Gliniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 11:55 AM   #14
Alatariel
Wight

Alatariel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Two Towers?
*jumps up and down, squeals with delight*
I'm definately a #1!
Maybe I would jump up and down on my bed whenever I think of it, but I have a bunk bed, and I'm on the bottom, so that could prove to be quite painful.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:26 PM   #15
Jeli Baggins
Haunting Spirit

Jeli Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jeli Baggins
Sting

i guess the squealing part happens when i'm watching little clips on tv. (then recording them when i c them later) (as sumone has already mentioned, it's not the same as the dvd [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
i do jump on my bed sumtimes, for many reasons unknown to myself even, (lotr related things would be to risky, i would get too rowdy lololol) the height thing isn't a problem (5'1''), but i might mess up the springs! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] wouldn't want that to happen!
still reading the hobbit 4 the unknown time in a row, then will come ttt, then the hobbit again, then ttt, then the hobbit, then rotk, then the hobbit, then whatever book i choose after that. (out of those mentioned including the fotr)
so reading the hobbit will help in my case!
"My dear Frodo! Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you." ~ Gandalf to Frodo
Jeli Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 06:47 PM   #16
Mithril
Pile O'Bones

Mithril has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, first off, I know exactly how many days are left until the movie is in theaters. I don't know how many days, hours, minutes, seconds, I just know days. I would jump on my bed, but that would be a bit awkward, cause it's a water bed, they're hard to jump on. Also, I might accidentily hit my head on my ceiling fan. I do start to smile whenever I think about it, no matter how depressed I was feeling. I just don't think that I can wait until December!
Old 10-12-2002, 09:26 PM   #17
Eruialiwen
Haunting Spirit

Eruialiwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruialiwen
Eye

I'm a 1, 2, and 3 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Especially since I get to go actually see the movie in the theater this time...unlike last year...*faints* I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]