Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #321
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Well, then, how about it, Boro? There's some fine opportunities for melodrama there!
When Aldarion's back, it shall be done.

Sorry Coldan, poor chap.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #322
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'll be moving Aldarion to his next stop during my late lunch. Inzil- if you wish to bump into him get it done before late tonight or tomorrow afternoon, as that's when I'm going to have him back at the inn.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #323
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Heh- x-post, Inzil. So, your character is in the third circle then? If you wish to go ahead and get him a bit closer to the fourth level gate (the house I'm leaving is near it) I can have Aldarion bump into you or something.

EDIT: never mind, Aldarion's on the fourth level already, you want to meet him there?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #324
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
OK, Boro, I'll forward your apology to Coldan if I run into him.
Don't pity him too much though; the way he's started to behave lately, he may fight back.

Question to phantom re this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen on game thread
Asta could dimly remember that Éowyn had once been a some what larger rôle, and Mary a smaller: they had changed places, somehow, over time
Lest Coldan make further false accusations against Aldarion: did this change happen before or after Aldarion's involvement with the script, and is it connected with the Boromir-Mary-romance or not (in other words, was the romance a change by Aldarion or not)?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #325
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Heh- x-post, Inzil. So, your character is in the third circle then? If you wish to go ahead and get him a bit closer to the fourth level gate (the house I'm leaving is near it) I can have Aldarion bump into you or something.

EDIT: never mind, Aldarion's on the fourth level already, you want to meet him there?
Since Aldarion's heading for the Fifth Circle, I changed it. Let me know if anything else should be altered.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #326
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
(in other words, was the romance a change by Aldarion or not)
It's fine to attribute the romance (and therefore slight increase in Mary's part) to Aldarion, as his thinking would be, "Well okay, there's a pretty elf-woman in this fellowship along with the top general/prince of Gondor. May as well add a romance." What Aldarion would take issue with is that it was ever his idea to have "Mary" in the first place. (He took what he was given and imposed a bit of his personality on it.)

As far as decreasing Eowyn's role, perhaps Aldarion, though he doesn't like Therian's attitude towards women, disagrees with the way Brinn chooses to punish Therian (by giving him female roles), as it negatively impacts the play as a whole in Aldarion's opinion. Thus I can imagine Aldarion attempting to decrease the time Lady-Therian is on the stage.

Last edited by the phantom; 04-04-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #327
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Inzil- Aldarion's father isn't dead, he's just back in Dol Amroth. (If it was a misunderstanding from that last post, it was his friend Cirion that died.)
Old 04-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #328
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Thanks for keeping the game rolling during my absence, all. This weekend has turned me into a zombie.

Anyone know where I can find some fresh brains? Or even slightly rancid ones would be okay at this point...
Old 04-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #329
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Inzil- Aldarion's father isn't dead, he's just back in Dol Amroth. (If it was a misunderstanding from that last post, it was his friend Cirion that died.)
Doh! Fixed now.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #330
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thanks for the clarification, phantom - although I think you'll understand Coldan doesn't think Aldarion's motives are quite as innocent.

Boro, if Branor needs motivation beyond stirring up trouble, I just remembered that Coldan is still officially cast as Sam. Since the role has become a deal more prestigious with our new knowledge, someone else could covet it - obviously not Branor himself, but what about Therian?

And the 'poor chap' is getting quite out of hand. Suppose his kettle's been boiling so long, it's about to explode. Post upcoming.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #331
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Just as Coldan and Asta were starting to get along.......... KABOOM!!!

I love that post!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #332
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
And the 'poor chap' is getting quite out of hand. Suppose his kettle's been boiling so long, it's about to explode. Post upcoming.
Hehe, well the "poor chap" is more because I think every boy can relate what Coldan is going through. It's what we've all done at some time or another.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #333
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White-Hand

Reminders for an RPG in play:
  • Please remove your signature from EVERY post to the RPG thread - including SAVES
  • & etc. . . .
Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #334
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Inzil- any chance you could edit out the very last line where you walk away? Aldarion's got something to say to Veandur about his chosen profession.

(I'll be posting it tomorrow afternoon. Even if you haven't edited it yet I'll post as if you have.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
although I think you'll understand Coldan doesn't think Aldarion's motives are quite as innocent
Ha ha, yes, quite understandable.

And naturally, just because Aldarion's motives were purely performance based does not rule out the possibility that he views the result as quite a nice perk (i.e. there's no rule that says Aldarion cannot enjoy the on-stage romantic involvement- in fact it probably makes the scenes more convincing).

Last edited by the phantom; 04-04-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:54 AM   #335
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

I seriously shouldn't post two hours after my usual bedtime...
*tears his hair and prostrates himself before pio in penitence*
Old 04-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #336
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Inzil- any chance you could edit out the very last line where you walk away? Aldarion's got something to say to Veandur about his chosen profession.

(I'll be posting it tomorrow afternoon. Even if you haven't edited it yet I'll post as if you have.)
Done. I can hardly wait.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #337
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, Inzil. Aldarion has asked his question.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #338
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Okay, Inzil. Aldarion has asked his question.
There's Vëandur's rebuttal.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #339
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Poor Coldan! He might be my favourite in the RPG just because he's so unfortunate.

I'm posting now, but unless I post again on Wednesday or Thursday, don't expect too much of me. As some of you may know, I'm currently studying abroad and my Finnish friends (including Aganzir) are coming to visit me for a week so I won't be much online. Feel free to carry along my character.

I'm sorry for this kind of inactivity but bleh. Not much excuses I guess.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #340
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I've been lurking, if not participating. Most of my 'writing' has been telling B88 what, if anything, to include for Therian. I had a course description due yesterday and I have a copy of my entire Master's thesis due tomorrow, hence my inactivity. I should be around more after tomorrow.

Anyway, Therian is unhappy and I've written that up as a method by which to disguise my inactivity. He's trying to be unnoticed so he won't get canned thanks to Branor, and I don't have to fuss with him every few minutes. See y'all soon!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #341
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Isn't it Coldan who suggested the switch, not Branor?

Poor guy! Now he has an angry Therain on him as well!

I'll try to post soonish. I think I'll send Thiliel off to her room for a while so that she won't add to the mess.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #342
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Isn't it Coldan who suggested the switch, not Branor?
Hm. Technically true...

Nevertheless, I think I'll still have Therian blame Branor for bringing up the idea of recasting Therian in the first place.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #343
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Nevertheless, I think I'll still have Therian blame Branor for bringing up the idea of recasting Therian in the first place.
These two remind me of Legolas and Gimli.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #344
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I think I was aiming a little more for Jay and Silent Bob, but Legolas and Gimli are pretty cool dudes...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #345
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Sorry for my absence yesterday, was too tired to write. I'll post Coldan's reaction to Nerwen's last in an hour or two.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #346
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
There's Vëandur's rebuttal.
And a very poetic rebuttal it is too.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #347
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And a very poetic rebuttal it is too.
Thank you.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #348
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ouch. I think Coldan might have just joined the running against Bran and Therian for the most disliked member of the troupe. Drama!Tension in the White City!

Love it Pitch.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #349
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Sometime before I go to bed I'll be taking Aldarion back down to the inn, and I will make it be evening (7ish). Let me know if your character must do something today that must take place during daylight.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #350
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, it's late evening now. Aldarion is nearly to the inn.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #351
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

phantom, unless anyone has stopped him, Coldan will be in the common room when you want him, drowning his sorrows in Ithilian wine (so be warned, he may not be completely responsible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Ouch. I think Coldan might have just joined the running against Bran and Therian for the most disliked member of the troupe. Drama!Tension in the White City!
Haha, I suppose so. Poor Brinn - her troupe seems in danger of falling to pieces before the rewriting has even begun...
By the way, Coldan is fun to write, but the drama wouldn't be half as good without Nerwen's inspiring cooperation. *bows towards the antipodes*

PS. Mnemo - "left Bree"??
Old 04-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #352
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Who would like to talk to Sador? I might send him out ready for anyone, in reflective mode...
Old 04-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #353
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thanks, Pitch. This is what happens when you write your posts in the very wee hours.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #354
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ended up busier than I thought I would be yesterday. I'll try and move things along before work tonight, or at the latest when I get home.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #355
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I'll be very busy this weeekend, so if you want, you can use Thiliel. I was thinking of making her gve an exaggerated account of Ingold's (alrady slighty exaggerated) stories, but that could wait. Or, if you want it now, you could write it.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #356
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Mnemo- where exactly are Brinn and Rollan? In one of the carts?
Old 04-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #357
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Mnemo- where exactly are Brinn and Rollan? In one of the carts?
Yes, though Rollan can be out and about. Brinn's staying put at least until she gets those crutches.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #358
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

In which case Branor is floating around to inform Aldarion all about Coldan's problems with the script.

I've been lurking and keeping up mostly this week, just trying to figure out how I want to combat Therian's grumpy attitude. This weekend I'm not going away so I'll be here. But then next Friday, same old weekend schedule.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #359
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Although inertia after a heavy week would incline my laziness to letting Amdír drift along a wee bit longer, since he isn't involved in any pressing actions, I've filled in his day--and given Brinn the chance to be up and about "in the morning."
Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #360
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Apologies for lack of posting, but I've been really overwhelmed with work.

Anyway, Asta can be presumed moping in her room until further notice, as of my last post.