Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2003, 02:42 PM   #361
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Returned for revision

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 04-21-2003, 03:13 PM   #362
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rorey and Piper peered around at the many empty chairs in the Dragon and the people going up to their rooms. Piper stifled a yawn and Rorey rubbed his eyes.

They got off of their chairs, looked around once for Dinodas to say good-bye, and squeezed through the small crowd near the door and walked out into the cool night air. The air renewed their vigor and they raced across The Water Bridge towards their home.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:26 PM   #363
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Drago stumbled back slightly as Ellie embraced him compassionately. It was mostly from nervousness, from an inability to believe that anyone could react so kindly to anything he said. Between his mother, Ojo, Beoluin, and all the others he'd encountered on the road, there had been a lot of negativity. But now, it seemed that maybe it was at an end.

"Th-thank you," he stumbled, putting his arm delicately around her in a returning hug, patting her shoulder a bit. "It's nice to hear, I can tell you."
Old 04-21-2003, 05:58 PM   #364
Galenlasdur
Pile O'Bones

Galenlasdur has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galenlasdur
Sting

Save for revised post.

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 04-21-2003, 11:57 PM   #365
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Both Morwyn and Nahai looked up as the woman, Aman, entered the room. They could hardly help it, for the room was so full of the voices of the two women, Pio and Aman, laughing and greeting each other. Overhearing Pio mention on the house drinks, Morwyn promptly ordered a large mug of spiced cider, and Nahai followed suit.
After the emotional conversation that had come earlier, the two found themselves sharing funny stories about their childhood.

Nahai's childhood, Morwyn quickly gathered, had seen few happy moments, so the woman of Rohan carried the main brunt of the storytelling. After a particularly humorous tale, in which Morwyn and another girl, Hilde, had escaped their chores and hidden in the hills only to be trapped by Hilde's older brother who convinced them he was a ghost and forced them to bring him a pie in order to escape a death curse; the two women were convulsed, laughing so hard that tears ran down their faces.

"What happened when the pie went missing?" Nahai asked between fits of giggles. Morwyn rubbed the tears out of her eyes with the heels of her hands and took a quick drink of cider to compose herself.

"Hilde's mother was so furious!" Morwyn rolled her eyes, "but when Cadfael came home with berry-stains on his mouth..." The woman snorted into her drink, remembering the look on the boy's face.

Nahai collapsed into another fit of laughter, hiccupping as she intoned in a hollow voice, "I am not Cadfael! I am the ghost of Aldor!" lapsing into her normal tone, "boys..." she shook her head.

Morwyn sighed, swirling the last of the cider around the bottom of her mug. Sides aching with laughter she rested her elbows on the table and shot Nahai a glance. "Your turn." she said.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-22-2003, 05:24 AM   #366
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"How can you tell if she is from Rohan Éden?" Aeryn asked looking towards the new Innkeeper.

"They say she has been appointed by Pio." Aeryn added. "My mother was of Lothlorien" she said quickly to Isil and turned back to Éden. "Pio helped my mother a while ago, so any friend of Pio is friend enough for us."

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 04-22-2003, 07:02 AM   #367
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Nothing had happen at the corner table for a very long time. It was as if the company there had fallen under a spell. They sat in quiet wonder, watching the pastings of the inn flow around them.

Elwen sighed as she shook her head. she missed her friends that she had made but all were now off on adventures in the wide world.

She turned to Nostawen. "What strange twist of fate leaves us stuck at this table?" she sighed. "i think that, though the company numbers is lessened, there is no reason that we should not remain merry. Is that not true?"

Nostawen seemed to nod but her movements were very slight. Elwen was used to that. Nostawen did not need to move to get her point of view across.

"Very well then!" beamed Elwen jumping to her feet and tucking loose hair behind her delicately pointed ears. "A drink is in order!"
Old 04-22-2003, 09:05 AM   #368
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio was taking a much deserved rest, and Aman had gone off for a bit to serve the needs of the visitors at the Inn. That left Mithadan to keep an eye on his son and daughter, helped out by their Auntie Cami who had made sure to come in and get a nose-to-nose look at both twins.

Mithadan was changing the boy's diaper with a gentle and efficient hand that seemed to suggest he had considerable experience with such things, perhaps from taking care of his many nieces and nephews. Cami gently cradled a squawling bundle in her arms, crooning to the girl with reassuring words that her mother would soon awaken. Cami took a moment to swaddle the little one in a blanket, then seated herself in the rocker until its gentle motion left the girl with eyes closed and head softly drooping down onto her shoulder. Carefully, she padded over to the cradle and laid the babe down to rest.

Then, Cami turned and fixed a sharp eye on the Man. "Mithadan, I can't keep calling her 'baby' forever. Haven't you two come up with any names for these children? They can't go through life as 'boy' and 'girl'!"

Several times, she nudged him for a response, but he only looked back at her with that irritatingly mysterious smile. Whether the couple had jointly chosen the names and were waiting to tell their friends, or whether Pio had kept the whole matter a secret until the moment when she chose to discuss it, Cami could not tell. But she had to admit she was a bit curious about what the children would be called. In all the months of pregnancy, in all their discussions and preparations, Pio had never said a word to her friend on the names she and Mithadan had chosen for their son and daughter.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:12 AM   #369
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

NEW INNKEEPER STORYLINE

She was accustomed to sleeping lightly, from all those months when the twins had pummeled and prodded her awake at night. She heard Cami's question to Mithadan, and smiling, went into the nursery where Cami stood, looking expectantly at the Man.

Pio grinned widely and shook her head at the ever curious Hobbit. 'There is a custom among the Eldar for the naming of children. It is the right of the Father to give the child their first name, and it is done in a ceremony called Essecarmë. This is done with much thought on the Father's part, and becomes the child's first true name. The second true name will come when they are older and choose a name of their own devising.'

'Mothers also give their children names, and they are called the 'names of insight or foresight (essi tercenyë or apacenyë. These, too, will be the true names for the children.'

'Soon, we will have the ceremony, until then, your terms of endearment will be enough.' She picked up her son from Mithadan's arms and placed him in Cami's. 'He does already know you, Cami. And not by your name, but by your strong and gentle spirit.'

Cami snorted at the stiff-necked Elf and her Elvish customs, but nonetheless fell to cooing at the curious little face that looked up at her.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Some time later, Pio reminded Mithadan that their new dwelling was ready for them. It would be a temporary one, until Pio and the twins were able to travel back to Minas Anor, to their home there, and to their ship, the Lonely Star.

Cami and the crew of the Inn packed up what few items were left to take and piled them in the Inn wagon. Mithadan, Pio, the twins wrapped up in their little quilts, climbed aboard. Faithful Nettle, the Inn pony, drew the wagon along slowly, taking care not to jostle the precious cargo, as a host of people from the Inn followed along.

Aman was there already, and had just opened the windows to let in some fresh air, when they arrived. Soon the family was settled in their new dwelling. The babies were sleeping soundly, and Mithadan and Pio spoke briefly to their friends, thanking them for all their help, promising a big party for the Naming Day.

Cami and Aman were the last to go. Pio gave her two friends generous hugs. 'Cami, there's a rocking chair with your name on it in the nursery - please come anytime. In fact, if you come tomorrow, we can put The Quilt up on the wall where the twins can see it. Never too young to start learning the history of the Lonely Star and its crew.'

Pio leaned down and gave Aman a kiss on the cheek. 'Thank you for taking over for me. Best you get back to the Inn soon, though. People will want their ale and wine, and I know they're itching to hear your stories. Come visit us any time.'

Cami and Aman walked down the path toward the Inn, pausing once to turn and wave back at the couple who stood watching them go.

'Treat you to a pint of stout, Cami,' offered Aman as she took the stairs to the Inn's verandah in a single stride. She threw open the door with a flourish, and stood hands on hips, surveying the Common Room.

'Drinks on the house!' she shouted. And with a welcoming grin on her face, she strode to the bar and took her place behind it . . .
Old 04-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #370
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Fawain awoke to hustle and bustle outside her door. She slowly got up, and wiping the sleep from her eyes opened her door to see what was going on.

Fawain saw a hobbit and a few of the inn's staff hurrying backwards and forwards with what looked like the contains of someones room. 'Excuse me but what is going on?', A very excited hobbit turned and answered 'oh I'm sorry if we woke you, but Pio's twins have been born and we are moving their things to their new home.' 'oh glad tidings!' I exclaimed 'And when shall they be leaving?' 'very soon' the hobbit replied 'If you'll excuse me I really must get these things loaded on the cart' I nodded and the hobbit bounded away.

She returned to her room to wash and change into an elven green dress (that her elven friend Lespheria had given her for such occasions),she tied her long dark brown hair back with a simple Emerald clasp and ran down the stairs to join the well wishers outside.

After Pio and her family had left, she followed the rest of the well wishers into the inn. she took a seat by the bar and waited for someone to take her order.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:46 PM   #371
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai cast a thoughful glance at the ceiling. She took a swig of her cider, but a moment later images of Morwyn's story popped into her head, threatening to force her into another peal of laughter. She tried to hold back her giggles, her cider halfway swallowed.

"Laugh now and that will come out your nose," Morwyn said with great amusement. This only pushed Nahai farther towards the brink of laughter, but she managed to swallow without choking. Her face red from contained chuckles, she flapped her hand in front of her face.

"Sorry," she said. "My story isn't quite as funny, but it was particularly embarassing for me." Taking a drink of her cider (sucessfully, this time) she began her tale.

"As I've said earlier, I spent most of my childhood living at my uncle Beorn's house. He is usually a loner, caring more for his wonderful animal friends than the dealings of elves and men, so I cannot imagine how difficult it must have been for him to suddenly have another human in the house. But he was always very protective of me, and underneath his gruff exterior, he held a soft spot for the little child that had been dropped on his doorstep one night.

"Aside from his sheep, horses, and dogs, Beorn kept a great many bees. Not normal bees, mind you, these were giant things, twice the size of your thumb. Honey made up a great part of our diet in those days, and almost every day, Uncle Beorn would go and collect some honey from their hive.

"One day, I was out playing in the fields. It was late afternoon, but not late enough for the evening meal. I was getting hungry, so I decided to eat some honey instead of trying to sneak something from the pantry.

"In bear's form I went to the bee field, as I could not reach the opening to the wooden bee-house Beorn built as a human child. I reached into the box, and had almost achieved my goal, when one of the worker bees decided I was clearly unwelcome and stung me! Surprised, I jerked back quickly, lost my balance, and fell into the side of the bee house! The box toppled over, spilling honey everywhere. By this time, many of the bees in the field had noticed that something was amiss. I was sitting on the ground in the middle of the mess, alternating between licking honey off my paws and licking my bee sting. That was all the evidence the drones needed to chase me all the way back to the house."

Nahai laughed to herself, remembering the incident.

"Of course, it wasn't funny at the time. After I went inside, uncle Beorn was furious to discover that I had upset his bees and nearly destroyed the wooden bee house, not to mention ruined a month's worth of honey. I wouldn't go back into that field for weeks, for fear that the bees would have their revenge upon me!"

They both laughed.

"Breakage and entry!" Morwyn feigned a gasp of shock. "Nahai, you are a naughty bear!"

Nahai grinned. "At least I don't go stealing pies for ghosts!"

"No," retorted Morwyn, "You are a home-wrecker instead!" They both burst into laughter.

Nahai could not remember a time when she had a conversation like this. She felt like a couple of girls giggling over a game of truth-or-dare. It felt good, almost as though she was making up for all the social time she missed as a child. If only it could always be like this.

"Did you like that story?" She asked, her laughter now at a point where it was safe to take another drink. She waited for the woman to reply.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:17 PM   #372
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Morwyn had giggled so hard at the image of the bear-Nahai sitting stunned in the middle of the broken beehive that she almost couldn't answer.

"Aye, it's been years since I've had such fun!" she laughed. Her voice felt funny for it had been so long since she'd used it for shrieks of laughter. She rubbed her temples with her fingertips as she tried to move her face muscles out of the mischievous grin that seemed to be stuck there.

Every time Nahai had moved her arm during the story the bells around her wrist had jingled merrily. That had been often, considering how the woman had flung her arms about in demonstrating gestures. Morwyn was sure that most of the other patrons had cast them sidelong glances, but she didn't care.

"Another cider?" she asked Nahai, who grinned and nodded, holding out her empty mug. Morwyn picked up the mugs and walked over to the bar where Aman the new inkeeper was chatting with a Cami and a few other people.

"More ciders..." Morwyn said to the woman behind the bar. Refilling the mugs, Aman pushed them across the counter then held out her hand. "I'm Aman."

"I'm Morwyn, from Rohan." she answered with a smile, shaking Aman's hand briefly before collecting the mugs.

"We heard you laughing," the new inkeeper said with a grin and a glance in Nahai's direction. "Having a pleasant evening?"

"Aye, the best." Morwyn laughed again, and walked back to her table. Passing one drink to Nahai she sipped at hers and relaxed.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-22-2003, 03:10 PM   #373
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Amanaduial looked up as she heard an unladylike snort of laughter come from nearby. Looking over, she saw two women, both in fits of laughter and one of whom was apparently making a valiant effort to snort cider through her nose. She raised her eyebrows, wondering what had made them so cheerful, but turned back to Cami; she had seen how low their drinks were, and had no doubt that they would come over to replenish their drinks soon enough.

Sure enough, a few moments later, one of the came to the bar. Aman dragged herself away from the conversation to serve her, rather reluctantly, for Cami was excellent company. She had of course known Pio over the years in which Aman and Pio had been out of contact, and had been telling her much of the linking tales of these years; mainly about the Lonely Star, the strange crew who were involved, and the mysterious Mithadan. Aman smiled when she thought of Mithadan- it was evident how much he and Pio loved each other, and the night before they had drunk together while Aman shocked him with tales of Pio's adventures. Aman wasnt entirely sure whether Cami was having her on when she spoke about Birdland, a woman who could change her form into that of the ghastly neekerbreeker, but as the woman came up to the bar bearing the two empty mugs, she excused herself from the conversation and turned to the woman across the bar.

"More ciders..." She trailed off, not sure how to address Aman. As the innkeeper pushed the drinks back across the bar, she smiled, offering a hand.

"I'm Aman."

"Morwyn, from Rohan." The other replied, taking Amans hand then taking the ciders. Rohan? Is coincidence the word? Aman wondered. Ah well, now seemed as good a time as any to engage with the patrons of the bar.

"We heard you laughing," She grinned, taking in both Morwyn and Nahai in her bright green gaze. "Having a good time?"

"Aye, the best." Morwyn answered, laughing, giving one of the ciders to her friend.

Aman grinned back. "I can see. Nothing else would make someone so desperately attempt to snort cider through their nose." She nodded at Nahai at the point, grinning even wider, then continued, smiling companionably. "So, what brings you to the Shire? Its no easy, or short, journey from Rohan. I should know."
Old 04-22-2003, 06:06 PM   #374
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Annalaliath looked up at the two luaghing. " Oh," she said, I drifted off. Did I miss anything?" Annalaliath was shocked to find the two Morwen and Nahi laughing even harder at this. " Oh," she said," Are you shure you want more cider?"

With this she took out her silver flute and played a delightfull and silly tune to their laugheter and then she smiled, " Indeed you have chased away the night and despair!" She looked at the two women and wondered if they had even heard her words through their laughter.

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 04-22-2003, 06:54 PM   #375
excheeto
Animated Skeleton

excheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Merin paced restlessly,occasionally sitting in front of the window,watching the moon set.

The first flames of yellow showed up on the horizon,followed by a dark red.Grabbing a drape in his jaws,he clumsily pulled it across the window.His body felt as if it were stretching out,and his paws were getting heavy.He looked around the room,blinking,as his eyes were now less adjusted to the dark.

Many things in the room had been knocked over and torn in his restlessness.He pulled the drapes back,fumbled for matches,and lit the lamp before straightening the room the best he could.

Downstairs,a small party started,celebrating the birth of the innkeepers twins.Merin washed up,ordered a cider on the house,and listened to the stories going around.

A familiar voice gave a tale that sent the crowd roaring.Merin chuckled,he had already heard it severel times,but even then,it WAS funny.

"You've forgotton part of it Nahai!"he said,shouting over the laughter,"Uncle Beorn was a loner,but you wern't his only visitor!".He made his way closer to his cousin,"It's been years!I didn't recognize you,or are you some other foolish bear?"he added with a wide grin.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:56 PM   #376
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Halfred the Shirriff trotted into the Green Dragon bearing an armful of scrolls. With an imperious look at the patrons of the Inn, he proceeded to the end of the bar where he tacked one of the scrolls to the wall. Then, in a loud voice, which woke some of the less sober patrons, he cried, "You all might want to read this! Its IMPORTANT!"

Several customers leaped to their feet and rushed to read the scroll. Soon there was a fair sized crowd assembled at the end of the bar. Even those who could not read caught the sense of excitement from the babble of their friends. The scroll read:
----------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BARROW-DOWNS!

On May 1, 2003, the forums at the Barrow-Downs will reach the ripe old age of THREE! While the site itself is a bit older, the third anniversary of the opening of the forums is a cause to CELEBRATE!!!!! Therefore, we will have a PARTY in celebration of the third birthday (uh, death day?) of the Barrow-Downs forums and all members are invited!!!!!

This year’s party will include the presentation of the first Barrow-Downs Awards, known far and wide as the Downies. The celebration will begin with a red carpet entrance before guests enter the Grand Hall where the ceremonies will take place. Come in costume and in character assuming the proper flourishes and airs of the Barrow-Downs elite and don’t forget to strike a pose before the paparazzi; this may be your 15 minutes of fame. But remember, there may never again be so many Administrators, Moderators and Assistants assembled in one place at the same time again, so while the party will be fun and funny, don’t forget to maintain some slight sense of decorum.

PLACE: The Grand Hall of Minas Anor (the Gondor RPG forum in a thread to be opened there).

TIME: Thursday, May 1, 2003 beginning at 9:00am EDT until????

DRESS: Formal Middle Earth Wear.

There will be an open bar, and meals will served by our polite wait staff.

COME CELEBRATE THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE BARROW-WIGHT AND THE BARROW-DOWNS!

RSVP
Old 04-22-2003, 07:01 PM   #377
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aleia sighed. "Oh, a group of friends I chanced upon in the forest," she answered. "But it is not important." She sipped some more of her ale and leaned back in her chair in contentment. She scratched her pointed ear and thought for a minute. Then she yawned and decided to do the same thing as Arawethiel.

"My dear friends, the time has now come for sleep! Take care, and I might see you in a while after I am more refreshed." The other two nodded and bid her goodnight as Aleia rose and trudged up the stairs to her room.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:02 AM   #378
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ NOTICE OF NEW GAME OPENING ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*+*+*+*+*+* Arvedui III invites you play his new RPG: Truth in a Dark Place *+*+*+*+*+*

~*~*~*~ [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Come check it out; invent an interesting character; and have fun playing! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ~*~*~*~

Find the discussion thread for the game
HERE.

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 04-23-2003, 06:12 AM   #379
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Elwen started to walk across the room, none to steady on her feet. she indeed had been sat to long in silence. it was odd that she should have trouble, she normal adjusted well but this was different. She felt stiff and...well what ever that feeling was.

"It's nothing." Elwen whispered to herself. "Just been thinking too long. you'll snap out of it." Elwen smiled to no one in particular. She was happy to be on her feet again and gave a dance steps to prove it. "That's better!" She giggled to herself.

Elwen danced through the crowded inn to the bar, weaving in and out of the crowds of people that seemed to hang about like vapour over a lake. "Something about drink that draws people in, and seems to hold them there." Elwen laughed out loud dismissing her strange mood and thoughts.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:21 AM   #380
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Annalaliath watched the mirth and then she remembered something that made her laugh. It always did, usually to tears. This memory was of her father. Many see elves as beutifull and full of grace. This time he wasn't. He was coming down the steps from thier home in the trees and missed a step. He fell the rest and when he reached the bottum he got up brushed himself off and kept walking. Until he was behind a tree beside her and then he started laugh. Of course he didn't know she was there, until she started to snort and laugh. He was embarrased to no end.

Annalaliath laughed till tears at this. She wondered if Morwen and Nahi would like to hear it. She continued to laugh at the memory snorting in the same way that she had done so long ago, when she earned her name.....

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 04-23-2003, 01:52 PM   #381
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie rubbed the back of her neck as she struggled through her sleepiness to remember which room Nurumaiel was in. "That one down there," she said finally. "It's really Don's room, but we're mixing up tonight. It's harder to find us that way."

She flushed suddenly, realizing what she had said. "I mean, we're not in hiding or anything...except for me, and I'm just hiding from my brother, who's downstairs, I think. Nuru and Don are just helping me out. And, I, uh..." She trailed off helplessly, shrugging. Her face burned with embarrassment, and she rubbed her neck more. "But she's down there."
Old 04-24-2003, 01:43 PM   #382
Celandine03

Sting

Celandine watched Aleia leave. Before she left, Celandine said, "I am afraid that we may not get to see each other again. If the weather is fair tomorrow, then I shall continue on my journey." They hugged and Aleia went on to her room.

Then she turned to the others and did the same. She went to her own room and slept until sunrise. She then ate breakfast, and walking out the door, continued on her journey to Rivendell.

[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: Celandine03 ]

Old 04-24-2003, 03:48 PM   #383
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quietly Alasse slipped into the inn, drawing her grey cloak tightly about her slim form. My! How boisterous it was. What could all the excitement be about, she wondered.

" Pardon me sir" she said as she tapped a old hobbit on the shoulder," could you tell me what all the excitement is about?"

" Why certainly young miss." the hobbit answered quickly, " I'm suprised you aint heard already. Ther'se to be a party in just one week, and no ordinary party at that. Why miss there haint been such a party as this since old Bilbo's eleventy first such merriment as ther'll be at this'un." he chuckled. The hobbit proceeded to give a discription of all the many doings at that very famous birthday of old Bilbo, for as you all know hobbits never miss the oppertunity for a good yarn.

[ April 24, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Alasse ]
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Old 04-24-2003, 08:26 PM   #384
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Flustered by her question, Morwyn looked up at Aman. "Rohan." She smiled "I have not been there in several years. I left in search of new friends and different places, and that's what I've found here." she lifted her glass toward Nahai, who obviously didn't hear the whole conversation, but raised her mug in return anyway.

"Are you from Rohan as well?" she asked smilingly, looking over the new inkeeper. Though she was very petite she looked confident and her eyes were piercingly green. Morwyn waited for Aman to answer, hoping to hear the accent of Rohan in her words. She'd love to have a friend from her homeland.

Nahai came up and joined her at the bar, leaning her elbows on the counter. Morwyn nodded her head toward her friend. "This is Nahai, she comes from the wild, on the borders of Mirkwood."
Old 04-25-2003, 04:43 AM   #385
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Glad to meet both of you." Aman inclined her head to both of the women. "Aye, I am from Rohan. Im surprised you couldnt hear it from the accent!" She laughed.

Morwyn grinned at her, pleased that she was right. Aman went on, looking at Nahai now. "And you are from Mirkwood? Once more, not a very easy distance. You have a look of one of the beornings, am I right?"

Nahai's eyebrows went up in surprise, then she too laughed, a little incredulously. "Indeed I am, Aman, although it is not often I am recognised so quickly. Are you familiar with Beorn?"

Aman shrugged. "Nay, I haven't been priveledged with that honour. Hey, maybe it was just a lucky guess." She winked, her green eyes mysterious and inpenetrable. Nahai's brow wrinkled slightly, and she looked as if she was going to ask another question, but Aman's gaze had strayed to elsewhere in the room. "Look here, we have a newcomer."

She caught Alasse's eye without much difficulty and smiled at her, inclining her head in an invitation to join them. Alasse smiled back, slightly nervously, and began to make her way across to them. Aman made a quick calculation of what she might like, then pulled her a cider and slid it over the bar towards her, still smiling warmly.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:01 AM   #386
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* PLAYERS NEEDED! *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR GAMERS WANTING TO PRACTICE THEIR HAND AT BEING ROHIRRIM.

~ * ~ Riders of the Mark can be either male characters or shield-maidens of Rohan ~ * ~

Put your character description up at the discussion thread for 'Truth in a Dark Place'.

Hurry!! Offer ends soon!!!
Old 04-25-2003, 04:03 PM   #387
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Morwyn and Nahai exchanged glances as Aman quickly identified Nahai's race. Her friend shrugged and smiled, and asked Aman if she'd met Beorn.

Aman must have had contact with the Beornings somewhere, to have recognized Nahai that quickly. Morwyn shook her head, the accent of Rohan was definately in Aman's voice. When she listened she could hear it, though she thought the inkeeper must have travelled some too, if she knew Beornings.

She smiled at Alasse as Aman pushed a cider across the counter to her. As the newcomer took the drink Morwyn introduced herself. "I'm Morwyn, from Rohan. Where do you hail from, friend?"
Old 04-25-2003, 05:09 PM   #388
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Fawain was still sitting at the end of the bar nursing a fresh drink, when an old hobbit entered the inn and hung a scroll on the wall next to her. She hadn't noticed him enter or speak, but he must have, the rest of the common room was watching him and many where crowding round to read the scroll.

Fawain read the scroll with the others. Her thoughts went immediately to her elven friend Léspheria and her twin brother Löthaniel, who always loved a good party.
Fawain turned back to her drink, grinning remembering the time a very drunk Löthaniel had fallen off a table he was dancing on, very undignafied and very un-elf like, she recalled thinking at the time.

Fawain's thoughts were interrupted by snorts of laughter coming from a near by table. As she looked up, one of the women at the table was raising and heading to the bar,the new innkeeper served her,they made introductions and a minute later the second woman joined them at the bar. As a third woman joined them, Fawain decided to inconspicuously listen to their conversation, she was sure it would be intresting.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:47 AM   #389
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Aeryn looked over at the table where Fawain was sitting. She nodded to Éden and Isil and then asked.

"You look like you need some company... come join us, we are all friends here!" Aeryn gave her most warming smile. "and... why! youre an elf! where are you from? you must tell us!"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 04-26-2003, 01:42 PM   #390
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Fawain suddenly felt someone watching her. As she turned around, she saw Two white haired elven woman and a young man,one of the women then spoke,
"You look like you need some company... come join us, we are all friends here!"
The woman smiled warmly. "and... why! your an elf! where are you from? you must tell us!"

This compliment suprised Fawain, then she remembered she was wearing her emerald elven dress and that her dark brown hair covered her ears, ' I may look a little like the elves of Rivendell' she thought to herself

She then rose from her seat returning the warm smile,saying "nay lady I am not of the fair folk, Although I have lived for a time in Rivendell with friends." Fawain then picked up her drink and walk over to their table and took a seat. "My name is Fawain Isilmeleo and I am from Ithilien" She sipped slowly at her wine waiting for the trio to introduce themselves.

[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 04-27-2003, 01:55 AM   #391
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Aeryn laughed... turning to Isil. "or not by the stitching on their clothes. By that i suppose that way you can only tell where the garment is form!" she laughed and welcomed Fawain

"Then we are neighbours! I too must make a confession, my mother was elven, my father was a man of Gondor. I am but eighteen years old. I have never been to Lothlorien, the home of my mother. But that is where I am going, to meet her in a few months." She smiled.

"I was tought by my mother in the ways of the elves. But i was born in Dol Amroth and raised in Minas Tirith. I am a healer." she laughed again.

"let me introduce the table." She turned to the blonde haired young man. "this is Éden, he is a man of Enedwaith. And this is Isil, from the kindred of Mirkwood. Tell us, how come you to the shire?"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 04-27-2003, 09:41 AM   #392
The Inebriated Surat

Pipe

Posco Boffin of Frogmorton walked in the inn to have a pint and was run over by a croud of angry men running to get their ale. He was a robust, cheery little fellow.

Posco growled in anger and stormed after the men. He wasn't about to say anything, him being only a poor little hobbit but he shook his fist at the men when they were not looking. Posco had his pint.

Old 04-27-2003, 12:50 PM   #393
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

***********Players Needed***********

"Hunt for the Dragon" -- This game is still looking for five dwarves and one Man from Long Lake to join them on their adventure.

Here is your chance to win fame and fortune. See "Hunt for the Dragon" discussion thread....

Cami Goodchild, Shire Moderator

[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 04-27-2003, 02:21 PM   #394
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Derufin spied the newcomer sitting alone at the table. The Innkeeper was busy, attempting to unravel someone's complaints about too many Big Folk in a Shire Inn. He watched as she drained the tankard and set it down with a satisfying thunk on the table.

'I wonder who she might be,' he thought to himself, drawing two foaming half pints from the tap.

A welcoming smile on his face, he approached her table and placed one on the table before her. Without invitation, he sat down, raising his mug to her as he did so.

'Welcome to the Inn. I'm Derufin,' he said in introduction, then raised his eyebrows at her, questioningly. 'And who might you be, and from where do you hale?' He sat back comfortably in his chair and took a large pull at his tankard.

After a moment she spoke . . .

[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Envinyatar ]
Old 04-27-2003, 06:54 PM   #395
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Fawain put down her glass and looked to the group "ah that is a long story, where to start", "hmm yes the beginning I think would be best" she took another sip of her drink then began.

"I was brought up in Henneth Annûn by my mother, I knew nothing of my father save his name and that he was a Dunedáin ranger of the north. My mother hardly spoke of him and when she did it seemed to me that her heart would break, so I never pressed the issue with her. My Mother was a ranger of Ithilien and I rode often with her and the other rangers, although they would never let me ride with them into Ephel Dûath, where they scoured for the evil creatures that hid there."

Fawain paused to take another sip of her drink before continuing "My mother also rode often alone into the woods of Ithilien and spent much time with the woodelves that began dwelling there"

Fawain looked at Isil and said "I do believe they were of your kin in mirkwood, they say that they came with Legolas Greenleaf, but this I do not know for sure" she smiled and continued her story.

"One Spring night as my mother returned from one of these visits, she stumbled apon a band of orcs that had choosen this night to flee from Ephel Dûath,she fought valiantly I was told, when she was found eight orcs lay dead at her feet." Fawain choked back the tears threating to over whelm her, she gritted her teeth and added " the cowards had killed her from behind." " off course we went after them, we being myself, those of the rangers that could be spared and some of the elves that were close to my mother. we persued them though the brown lands and across Rhovanion. The Elves of Mirkwood were a great help here and we managed to kill half of the orc band, but the other half managed to make it to the misty mountains.The Orcs knowing the mountains better than us laid an ambush and some how in the battle that ensued I got seperated from my companions. Not knowing these mountains I soon was lost, I had no horse and no provisions, only the clothes I had on,my sword at my side and my bow on my back,and all my arrows spent. I wandered for days before I found what I now know to be the high pass. by this time exhaustion and hunger were taking there toll, and luck was still not with me for in the pass lurked three rogue goblins as I approached, they came ot of nowhere, I was to weak to even lift my sword let alone try to swing it. I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and fell to the ground. I suddenly heard the thundering of hooves I tried to look up but all I saw was the gleam of two swords one short and one long and the foul smell of goblin blood, then I passed out."

"I awoke a week later in Rivendell, and standing over me, were to Tall, dark haired elves Identical in every way with the exception that one was female and the other was male. they introduced themselves as Léspheria and Lóthaniel Denfëa. I spent many years in Rivendell and had many adventures with the twins before I returned to Ithilien.

A few months ago I received a strange message from Lóthaniel to meet him here, that he had something of great importance to discuss with me?" Fawain shrugged her shoulders "so here I am"

she smiled at the companions. Noticing that their drinks where finnished she said " Let me order another round, and then you can tell me how it comes that a woodelf and two people of the south are this far north." she then got up and went to the bar to order another round and hurry's back to the table. setting the drinks down she relaxed back into her seat.

[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 04-28-2003, 11:04 AM   #396
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Robin smiled pleasantly when she saw how embarrassed Rie was. "Thank you," she said. "That's most helpful." She paused, and then added, "I suppose you must be the redhead that Don was looking for awhile back?"

"Yes, I suppose I must be," said Rie.

"I won't keep you any longer, because you must be sleepy," said Robin. "But I'm pleased to meet you, and I hope I'll see more of you. I can't help but be friends with Nuru's friends. That's how I met Nicrabanwen." She smiled in apologize. "I won't go rambling on about that, though," she said. "Good night."

"Good night," Rie replied, and stumbled sleepily to her room, still pondering over Nuru's words, while Robin made her way down the hall and knocked softly on Nuru's (or, in this case, Don's) door.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:25 PM   #397
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Sting

Aman looked up as the newcomer came in, serving her and pulling her a drink. She was about to start a conversation with the slightly glum looking woman, before she felt a pull on her elbow and looked down. At this, a righteous looking hobbit began his arguement about Big People in the Shire.

"Excepting yerself, of course madam, and the lovely Pio- lovely innkeeper that she is- but these Big Folk in the Shire...oh, I dont know, its not natural, them always lookin' down on us and that, causing all sorts of trouble..."

Aman nodded mildly at the hobbit, glad that she had apparently been cleared of such charges, but wondering when humans and elves had been "causin' all sorts of trouble"...

Another man had now moved over to the young woman, so she wasnt left on her own. Aman smiled at him, and recognised him as she did so- Derufin, one of the Inn's regulars, and a good friend of Piosenniel, as she had introduced him personally. She made a note to thank him personally later. For now she turned back to the indignant hobbit and his views on 'The Big Folk.' Finally, she butted it, and pushed a drink across to the hobbit, telling him it was on the house with a smile. He was so chuffed that he beamed back, breaking off his lecture and completely forgetting that all drinks were on the house and trotted off to his friends.

Glancing out the window, Aman saw that it was getting dark outside. She stifled a yawn. Despite her lie in this morning- she was notorious for her lie ins- she was already feeling tired. But as she surveyed the room, she felt herself start smiling again, for no other reason than she was completely satisfied.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:31 PM   #398
Joanne

1420!

The door of the Green Dragon Inn swings open as MoonFlower enters. Taking in her new surroundings, she decides to stay here. FInding an empty table she sits herself down and orders an ale.

As she looks around, she notices all new faces. "Ahh a brand new start!" she thought to herself. After finishing her ale, she tries to find someone who could help her find a stable for her horse.

Old 04-28-2003, 10:13 PM   #399
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

The door the the Green Dragon opened once again. Iris walked in. She had long curly hair. She gazed around the inn. It was very crowded. Iris had just come from Bree and she was quite tired. I think I'll ask the inkeeper for a room.

Iris headed for the first person she saw.
"Hello, I'm new around here and I was wondering if you by chance new where the innkeeper was."
She took another look around the room. Everyone seemed quite friendly. Maybe I will come out here and talk a little once I take a nap and bath.

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: elven maiden Earwen ]
Old 04-29-2003, 09:46 AM   #400
cerinel

1420!

a tall slender elf walks into the inn. she carries a swird four daggers and a bow awiht a quiver of arrows. she looks around the inn anad begins looking for a spot to sit and to think about her father, who she has not seen for many years.

looks around at the others in the inn and doesn't even blink. her long blonde hair lies upon her shoulders and as she throws the hood of her cloak back.

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: cerinel ]