Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #1161
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I've a post brewing for Falco, but it'll have to wait until I'm done with work. I'm getting antsy for this story to get "Rilef" to the Mead Hall!
Are you thinking about the stir this is going to make at the Mead Hall? Can you imagine? That's going to be crazy!

I wonder what Eodwine's going to have to say about it. . .pity you have to write both parts, huh?

Poor Eodwine. Things always seem to happen at once. If you get Ritun and Leffun to go to the Mead Hall, he's going to have to figure out their stay and also Trsytan's problem.

Speaking of, Lai, I hope you understand, Thornden's only threatened to tell them because it is trully dangerous to have someone running around who pulls knives when he feels threatened.

Time for lunch.

-- Folwren
Old 09-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #1162
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Are you thinking about the stir this is going to make at the Mead Hall? Can you imagine? That's going to be crazy!
I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
I wonder what Eodwine's going to have to say about it. . .pity you have to write both parts, huh?
On the contrary. I get into Falco's head, then I get into Eodwine's head. Very different heads, to be sure.

Quote:
Poor Eodwine. Things always seem to happen at once. If you get Ritun and Leffun to go to the Mead Hall, he's going to have to figure out their stay and also Trsytan's problem.
The better to write with, my dear, said the granny/wolf.

Quote:
Speaking of, Lai, I hope you understand, Thornden's only threatened to tell them because it is trully dangerous to have someone running around who pulls knives when he feels threatened.
This was the right thing for Thornden to say in the context. I'm sure Lai understands that. As for Trystan, probably not.

Now to catch up on posts written lately.....
Old 09-22-2006, 10:10 PM   #1163
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.

Elempi! Falco is so mean! lol! I can't believe what he's said to Thornden! Oh, how funny. 'Pent up dander' my foot. I think any man would be insulted at such treatment. Well, it's fun. I can't wait to write my next post for Thornden, but I'll have to until tomorrow, at least. . .

-- Folwren
Old 09-22-2006, 11:16 PM   #1164
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Thanks for the lead in, Foley

I'll work up a new post now.

- Tara
Old 09-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #1165
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Elempi! Falco is so mean! lol! I can't believe what he's said to Thornden! Oh, how funny. 'Pent up dander' my foot. I think any man would be insulted at such treatment. Well, it's fun.
I'm glad it's fun. It is for me. Falco's a fun, irreverent contrast to Eodwine. And of course Garreth and Harreld (when I get to write them ) are great fun too.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #1166
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I miss Harreld and Garreth...
Old 09-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #1167
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I miss Harreld and Garreth...
Me too. They may show up with the advent of "Rilef", but if they do they will not acquit themselves well in regard to the twins.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #1168
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I've posted. Thornden is rather mad now, I think. And I hope Falco is ready to leave, because Thornden certainly is and I don't know what he'll do if Falco refuses.

-- Folwren
Old 09-25-2006, 02:01 PM   #1169
Laiudanama
Animated Skeleton

Laiudanama has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Mais oui, bien sur - sorry, I meant to respond to that comment, but of course

I will make a post at some point over the next few days when I get a substantial minute to sit and think on it - excellent posts so far, really enjoying the interaction. However, A level is somewhat killing me at the moment - give me a bit to sort things out...
Old 09-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #1170
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It's been three days....

.... and Falco and the twins are getting tired of standing there waiting for either Garmund, Thornden, or Trystan to answer 'Rilef'. Should I have Falco reply, or does someone want to in the next day or so?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #1171
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
.... and Falco and the twins are getting tired of standing there waiting for either Garmund, Thornden, or Trystan to answer 'Rilef'. Should I have Falco reply, or does someone want to in the next day or so?
I'm so sorry!! (And yes, I apologized again!) But I started reading a ship book yesterday and I couldn't put it down all day today, although I had next to nothing to do. I KNEW I had to write a post here, but I just didn't! I've got two posts due. Augh.

Well, now that I'm home, I have half a post written that I started yesterday or something and I'll finish that now. I am so sorry. Really, I am.

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2006, 08:43 PM   #1172
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
And a reply from Garmund will be forthcoming sometime tomorrow...
Old 10-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #1173
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'd like to move things along to sunset when Eodwine gets back. If anybody wants to post anything before then, please do so. I'll be extremely busy for the next two nights, so I won't be back to posting up story until Friday, though I may be around now and then to answer questions.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #1174
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Elempi: For moving the time forward... was our tri-writer post at sunset or later? I can't remember.

Either way, I can't promise any time to dedicate to anything for the next two or three weeks. I'll be able to stick my head in, but probably not post.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #1175
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Cel, Noggie, shouldn't we finish our discussion before that? If you agree with me, do something.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #1176
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Elempi: For moving the time forward... was our tri-writer post at sunset or later? I can't remember.

Either way, I can't promise any time to dedicate to anything for the next two or three weeks. I'll be able to stick my head in, but probably not post.
After sunset. You will be missed, of course.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #1177
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, do you want or do you not want Javan to stay behind at the Mead Hall and take a place in Eodwine's court? I would like a yes or no, but if you trully don't care, I guess I'll accept that, but I'll probably take it more as a no if you do say 'I don't care'. I can't think of any particular reason why he would stay, unless his parents purposefully sent him along to get a place somewhere so he could work his way up to something by the time he's a man. Kind of like sending a boy onto a ship to be a midshipman and work his way up to being captain and admiral. . .

-- Folwren
Old 10-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #1178
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Elempi, do you want or do you not want Javan to stay behind at the Mead Hall and take a place in Eodwine's court? I would like a yes or no, but if you trully don't care, I guess I'll accept that, but I'll probably take it more as a no if you do say 'I don't care'. I can't think of any particular reason why he would stay, unless his parents purposefully sent him along to get a place somewhere so he could work his way up to something by the time he's a man. Kind of like sending a boy onto a ship to be a midshipman and work his way up to being captain and admiral. . .

-- Folwren
Let Javan stay. The more the merrier. Eodwine needs laborers. Sorry for missing that question earlier. Want to offer one of the Mead Hall style breif Character Descrips?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #1179
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I can make a character description, if that's what you mean by offering one of the Mead Hall style breif Character Descrips.

He can work as a laborer. He's only a boy so he can't really be much else. Let him act as a page or squire or something along those lines.

If that's the case, then I do need to get in a post between Medreth and Thornden before you move time on to evening. I will try very hard to get it done this afternoon. You did you say you weren't going to move time on until this weekend, right?

-- Folwren
Old 10-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #1180
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Right.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #1181
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Cel, Noggie, shouldn't we finish our discussion before that? If you agree with me, do something.
We should. Looking at the end of the last post, it seems that Stigend would be the more appropriate person to reply. Noggie?
Old 10-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #1182
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

There, Elempi, post placed and I think I can stand a time jump now. Tell me if I did alright. Fea? Are you around? I mentioned Saeryn in my post, you'd better tell me if it's alright.

As for Javan's character description. . .I'll work on that tomorrow. I was fine with the appearance part, but when it came to his personality, I got stuck. I need to decide how much of a 'youngest child' he actually is and acts. Any opinions?

-- Folwren
Old 10-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #1183
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

You're good.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #1184
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
As for Javan's character description. . .I'll work on that tomorrow.
The character descrip around here only requires name, age, occupation (if applicable), relations (if any), and what he does at the mead hall. A little characteristics is fine too. Nothing nearly as fancy as the formal rpg stuff.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #1185
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

O-oh................well, that's easy, then! But I've already written the personalities thing. Ha. Well, here's what I've got. Good luck with him. Remember, if Eodwine gives him a trial and decides he doesn't like him, Thornden's already told Medreth that he might be coming back.

Name: Javan - Thornden’s brother

Appearance: Javan is four foot three inches, neither skinny nor stout, just somewhere in between. He has dark blond (almost brown) hair, brown eyes, a pointed nose with a crook at its bridge, and a small mouth, all placed in a round, lightly tanned face – his jaw not yet having developed a man like squareness.
He is clothed simply with brown cloth breeches, a white, loose shirt, and mid-calf high leather boots.

No occupation up till now except for running around on a farm having fun and doing a few random chores. At the mead hall he’ll do whatever anyone wants him to do, run errands, help clean the horse stalls, scrub the floor, wait on people, whatever is most convenient for him.

Personalities:
Weaknesses: Javan is the youngest child of six and this has a great deal to do with his character makeup. He is intelligent, but he’s also impatient, impulsive and inexperienced. He doesn’t keep his temper very well when insulted or challenged and is quick to take or make a fight. He is somewhat spoiled, but not to a terrible degree (spoiled in the sense that he has gotten away with loosing his temper, teasing his sisters in rather infuriating ways, getting away with not being wholly productive, and being positively difficult at times). He’s also terribly stubborn. (Perhaps that’s the only way he takes after his oldest brother…)

Strengths: Apart from all these negative traits, he is actually a friendly boy. He talks a great deal, upon first meeting someone, he does his best to make them feel comfortable. He truly does try to please people for the most part, but sometimes his attempts go astray. He is not shy, nor quiet, and has a great deal of little boy energy still stacked up inside him. He’s got a good sense of humor. He is also capable of accomplishing almost anything he sets his hands to, providing he sticks with it long enough.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #1186
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Whether or not Javan does the same, I suspect Degas will take an immediate liking to him when he returns.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #1187
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, good! I'm very glad to hear it.

-- Foley
Old 10-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #1188
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Jenny, I think Medreth would have to be gone by the time the sun set. Could you change Thornden sitting with his siblings, to just Thornde with his brother? Would appreciate it.

-- Folwren
Old 10-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #1189
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
no problem, Foley

Eodwine, feel free to have Pio move my post around if you need to adjust the timing.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #1190
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Jen, do you have actual letters to my twins written? If so, can you PM them to me? Or did you have a different plan?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #1191
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
We should. Looking at the end of the last post, it seems that Stigend would be the more appropriate person to reply. Noggie?
I'll try to come up with something tomorrow...
Old 10-07-2006, 09:32 PM   #1192
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Eodwine, feel free to have Pio move my post around if you need to adjust the timing.
Okay, Linduial.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #1193
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Heyho, everyone! There's been some editing and fixing up going in a couple of my previous posts. Tara has put in some writing about Lys in my posts # 573 and 576. Enjoy.

-- Folwren
Old 10-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #1194
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sorry. Can't post anything on Garstan - Modtryth - Stigend -thing today. Will try to do something tomorrow.

Lmp: If you wish to go forwards with time, that's fine. My post could be then attached to a place or another where it fits...

So Celuien & Lommy, I try to come up with a provisional solution, not setting things definitively to one way or another. That ok. with you?
Old 10-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #1195
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Fine with me.

Both of Garstan's children will be attending the reading and writing lessons, which may or may not help matters.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:10 PM   #1196
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
Both of Garstan's children will be attending the reading and writing lessons, which may or may not help matters.
Maybe Cnebba should too...

But sorry, is this a new concept or something from the earlier writing (I have been shamefully unable to catch up with things here due to RL rush)? So who gives the reading & writing lessons and when? I think it would be very good for Cnebba (on his parents view).

It's a pity this had not been addressed before, for if that was the habit earlier Cnebba should have been there from the beginning of our family coming into the Mead Hall, but if this is a new concept just introduced, then its different...

We''ll come up with a solution, I believe.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #1197
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

The lessons are a new invitation from Marenil. Jenny and I have been plotting this for some time for Lčođern, but all three of the children were invited at the end of her last post.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #1198
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Marenil shall be doing the teaching, time yet to be determined in the face of Cnebba's and Garmund's apprenticeships. Leodern's lessons are likely to take longer, as they shall include some rudiments of comportment and manners the boys will likely not require.

EDIT: Fea, I hope I have adequately answered your questions about the letters via IM.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #1199
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
EDIT: Fea, I hope I have adequately answered your questions about the letters via IM.
Yep, you're good.

You know my schedule for the next week or so. If I don't go insane, I'll see what I can do about drafting a post or two. If all else fails, we can place them later.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 AM   #1200
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Both Noggie's proposal and the reading lessons sound very fine to me.