Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #1441
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kath, it appears that you have deleted the question Frodides asks about Randvér, whether he's going to stay for lunch.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:49 AM   #1442
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kath, it appears that you have deleted the question Frodides asks about Randvér, whether he's going to stay for lunch.

Next thing is that Falco and "Rilef" are about to walk in, and it seems that it would be really appropriate for Ginna to shriek at the sight of the two-headed, two torsoed, and four-armed man. That would get various and sundry folk rushing to the kitchen to see if someone has gotten burned or worse, and would be perfectly, exquisitely embarrassing for Ginna & the twins, both. Doesn't that sound like fun?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #1443
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Alrighty, I shall go change it.

Quote:
Next thing is that Falco and "Rilef" are about to walk in, and it seems that it would be really appropriate for Ginna to shriek at the sight of the two-headed, two torsoed, and four-armed man. That would get various and sundry folk rushing to the kitchen to see if someone has gotten burned or worse, and would be perfectly, exquisitely embarrassing for Ginna & the twins, both. Doesn't that sound like fun?
It does sound like fun, and I believe Ginna was going to have an accident of some sort anyway so the two may well tie together.

Last edited by Kath; 01-15-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #1444
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm sorry about my silence. I really did mean to write a post, but then our power went out on account of a huge ice storm. I'm still un able to write the post, even though the power is back. If we still have electricity this evening, I will write something. I have to be getting on now, though, so I'll talk to you all later.

-- Folwren
Old 01-17-2007, 02:37 AM   #1445
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I feel like writing a post, but...

I'm quite at loss with this sheep shearing. I know how it works in theory, and I even found two somewhat useful pages. (Wikipedia, look under "blade shears" and another.) I still think I lack the proper knowledge about medieval sheep-herding, sheep and sheep shearing to write a post about it...

So, I think I'll either write about Modtryth (though I must say the children are much more amusing) or try to find more information about the sheep things... If anyone has any knowledge about sheep, I'd be glad if s/he shared with us.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:08 AM   #1446
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Another thought, concerning Modtryth, crossed my mind. This far, her job has been shopping for the household and things that are related with it. Since that is not a work you do many hours every day, she's been also doing some cleaning and household things, but now that Ginna has arrived and there's a proper serving wench in the house, there is less for Modtryth to do. I think that as soon as she's heard of Ginna's arrival, she will go to ask somebody about the situation. Lord Eodwine, I guess then, since Saeryn's left?

I have efficiently wasted my possible writing-time for today, so I'll write something later this week.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #1447
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Eodwine will jump at the chance to turn Modtryth into the hostess he now lacks; and this one, in his mind, will work out much better than the last, as Modtryth is married.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 AM   #1448
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Eodwine will jump at the chance to turn Modtryth into the hostess he now lacks; and this one, in his mind, will work out much better than the last, as Modtryth is married.
Eodwine has a nasty habit of frightening innocent females.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:08 AM   #1449
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Elempi, question ... how do you pronounce Frodides? Slightly random I know but it's been bugging me all through my lectures today!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #1450
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tara, I finally wrote a post for Thornden. Take it away!

Firefoot, I hope to get a post up for Javan sometime in the near future.

-- Folwren
Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #1451
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Elempi, question ... how do you pronounce Frodides? Slightly random I know but it's been bugging me all through my lectures today!
FRO-di-daes or FRO-di-deez; the first is half-way correct, and the second is not correct at all but easier.

Correct according to Anglo-Saxon would be: FRO-di-dess.

Your choice.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #1452
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well I'm about halfway right then. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #1453
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

The scene is now set for Ginna to embarrass herself.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #1454
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
You know, it just occurred to me that Leof hasn't been informed yet of Lifun and Ritun either. He didn't come back to the hall the previous night after caring for Thornden's horse, no one thought to tell him, and they only entered the hall in the morning as Leof and Javan were leaving it.

Oh, goodie.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #1455
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. I think it's the same for Javan, pretty much. This morning at breakfast would have been the only time that he would have seen them, and me as a writer didn't notice. Wait...he was with Leof for breakfast and out in the stables before hand and afterwards, so I guess if Leof didn't see 'em, neither did Javan.

So! Is it alright if Javan and Leof get their surprise now, too?

I pity no one save Lefun and Ritun. Poor chaps.

-- Folwren
Old 01-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #1456
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Knock yourselves out. Or, er, your characters out.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #1457
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Lhuna if you see anything you want changed just yell and I'll do it.
Just a simple OC thing: "But maybe that's just because I feel alone," "That's a question best asked of my father," and "Though I hope not" should be italicised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elempi
The scene is now set for Ginna to embarrass herself.
So this is how you welcome your newcomers? Post coming up.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:18 AM   #1458
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Corrections made Lhuna.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #1459
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Firefoot,

Is it alright if I move the two boys all the way out into the yard and get them to where they first spot Lefun and Ritun coming out of the back, kitchen door?

-- Folwren
Old 01-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #1460
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
That replacement had now been found, but truth be told, there was enough work for both Kath and Frodides, even with Ginna's help on top of it all.
Indeed? Looks like I'll be moving to Rohan then.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #1461
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Perfect, Folwren.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:29 PM   #1462
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Kath: what I said about taking your time and not rushing you my account, well... it's still in effect and everything... but, um, don't forget completely.

Not that I'm saying you have... but best find out now than in two weeks.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:24 AM   #1463
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Indeed? Looks like I'll be moving to Rohan then.
Yeah, I really think you ought to go. Why'dya pick such a close name to your moniker anyway.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #1464
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Kath: what I said about taking your time and not rushing you my account, well... it's still in effect and everything... but, um, don't forget completely.
K, so, had actually forgotten. Sorry Form! I'll get right on it.

Quote:
Why'dya pick such a close name to your moniker anyway.
Easier to remember?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #1465
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, do you want to post before me? I've been waiting for you, but if you're waiting for me, too, then we'll get no where....

-- Folwren
Old 01-28-2007, 07:13 AM   #1466
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Sorry, I've been the point man for a men's retreat at my church, which happened yesterday. Then 11 hours of much needed sleep. I haven't looked at the Downs in I don't know how many days. Sorry. Back to it now.

I will have Falco answer Léof's question some time today.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #1467
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Form I promise you I've not forgotten again, just been catching up on other RPGs. Kara should reply today and if she doesn't it will be tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #1468
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Sorry, I've been the point man for a men's retreat at my church, which happened yesterday. Then 11 hours of much needed sleep. I haven't looked at the Downs in I don't know how many days. Sorry. Back to it now.
Okay. I just wanted to make sure.

Glad your back. I hope everything went well.

-- Folwren
Old 01-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #1469
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Form I promise you I've not forgotten again, just been catching up on other RPGs. Kara should reply today and if she doesn't it will be tomorrow.
As long as I know it's not been forgotten, I'm quite willing to wait.. though I do look forward to having something to reply to.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #1470
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hello? Jenny? Eodwine needs some kind of response from Marenil, even if it's to excuse himself as suddenly ill or something.....
Old 02-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #1471
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'd like to move this day along to supper hour. Is that okay with everyone? Or does someone need to do something before then?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #1472
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
I'd like to move this day along to supper hour. Is that okay with everyone? Or does someone need to do something before then?
One'd have to ask Kath...

Kath? How're we doing? Does the general time of day matter to us much?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:21 AM   #1473
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, Modtryth should maybe meet Ginna. I wonder if someone's going to introduce them to each other, or if they should meet by chance. I'll write a post as soon as possible (after having negotiated with Lhuna though)... meybe a bit more than 24h from now, if that's okay, as Form and Kath still have their storyline going on...

And either me, Noggie or Cel could maybe write about the little guys...
Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 AM   #1474
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm sure Ginna has to help Frodides with her work, but I'm waiting for Kath for that. Ginna's definitely up for meeting Modtryth. On the other hand, her writer's spirit is very much willing, but her flesh is weak.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:27 AM   #1475
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I'm sure Ginna has to help Frodides with her work, but I'm waiting for Kath for that. Ginna's definitely up for meeting Modtryth. On the other hand, her writer's spirit is very much willing, but her flesh is weak.
So Ginna's in the kitchen with Frodides and Kara? I think Modtryth will sooner or later pop up in the kitchen because of her duties, so that's where she could meet Ginna, though that would maybe need some co-operation with Kath as well. Or then Modtryth could be doing shopping and would return only around the suppertime, and thus there'd be no hurry with the writing...
Old 02-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #1476
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Any post I make for Kara or Frodides can be written retrospectively if people do want time moved along. It wouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #1477
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have done nothing with Thornden. Tara's been busy I guess...

As for Javan...Firefoot, was there anything particular we needed to accomplish?

I've been waiting for me to post, but I've not been getting around to it very fast, have I? Sorry. I may try to do something later today...perhaps Elempi won't have moved time yet.

-- Folwren
Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #1478
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Foley, if you need to do something before supper yet, I can wait. My reasoning was that nothing much was happening, and I have an idea that happens at supper time, so I'm eager to get to it; but only so long as others don't have anything they want to do.

So if any of you need to write something, I'll wait approximately one day.

You will have noticed that I have moved on from waiting for Marenil to reply to Eodwine. I understand that Jenny is rather occupied right now with other things; therefore, Marenil's answer can be back-loaded into the front of my post that moves Eodwine and Randvér from the Mead Hall.

Are there any questions?
Old 02-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #1479
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi,

I don't think I have anything to accomplish... So you can move time on whenever you want. If I happen to get a post in before you do, that's fine. But if not, that's fine, too.

This is speaking for me. I don't know if Firefoot wanted anything to happen in particular. I think, though, it would be fine to move on.

-- Folwren
Old 02-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #1480
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm fine with moving on.