The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2004, 10:07 PM   #41
elvenstar

Thumbs up

My favotite character: from the books, (ummm... this is hard because they are all very important to me) If Ihad to choose, I`ll say Frodo, after all, he`s the ring bearer!!!, he destroyed the ring all by himself, with the help of Sam, of course.

From the movies, my favorite was Aragon, but merely because I`m a Viggo Mortensen`s fan!!
Old 08-01-2004, 09:04 PM   #42
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Time for me to stick up for the villains. ::clears throat::

I love Grima Wormtongue. I am not ashamed of this. I did not choose him; he chose me, and we all know he's a bit clingy

I just think he's such a great character in every way. He's a clever, cunning, and more-than-slightly skeevy person who by the end of the book is reduced to a cowering beggar. Yet he has almost a sense of redemption about him for his killing of Saruman. Movie Grima is great too, because while the phrase used in the book (I believe it goes, "you would take your share of the treasure, and the woman you desire" -- I'm going on memory here, so it may be incorrect... but it's something like that) is good, the movie does an awesome job of showing how positively stalker-like he is. The Grima/Eowyn relationship fascinates me; I know some people hate the scene in which he taunts her and she almost gives in, but it's my favorite of the whole trilogy. Is it love? Is it lust? We may never know, and this is why he's so great. Grima's very enigmatic and we can only imagine what kind of twisted history he has.

It figures that I'm in love with the ugly guy.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:25 PM   #43
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

I think we all know who I adore besides all that is evil I enjoy two charactors Sam because of he will determination Strength and intelligence(more movie Sam book sam was kind of dumb at least in the beginning)

And Treebeard Ah my idol Treebeard Old Wise Patient I didn't wquite like him at first but I acted....hastilly and soon relized Treebeard is my all time favorite charator sadly even the encyclopedia of Arda has far too little info on ents
Old 08-02-2004, 11:24 AM   #44
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I just realized I forgot to include that Brad Dourif's acting was amazing as Grima. He makes anything worth watching, including the stupid Child's Play movies (an incidentally, the new one will have Billy Boyd voicing Chucky's son! woohoo!)

But he's so talented at playing creepy guys; I don't think anyone else could have done it as well as he did.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:33 AM   #45
Gothbogg the Ripper
Wight

Gothbogg the Ripper has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

My favourite character in the movies has got to be Sean Bean as Boromir, he adds a lot to the role and steals almost every scene he's in.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:59 PM   #46
Arod
Animated Skeleton

Arod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arod Send a message via Yahoo to Arod
I like Sam best. He wasn't my favorite when I saw FOTR, but after reading the books he became my favorite character. I think Sean Astin gave a great performance in portraying Sam well. At first I really liked Legolas in the films, however in TTT and ROTK it was Sam that stole my heart with his undying loyalty to Frodo.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:34 PM   #47
Zebedee
Haunting Spirit

Zebedee has just left Hobbiton.
Gimli, they had to drag him from the breach wall, and he won't let no "pointy-eared elvish princeling" beat him. Also has some of the funniest lines.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:15 PM   #48
Ireth Sirfalas

I love Haldir!!!!!!!! He is the best character, in my opinion!! He is brave, and faithful to all his friends!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:45 PM   #49
Orophin
Animated Skeleton

Orophin has just left Hobbiton.
One of my favorite characters has always been Boronmir and I thought Sean Bean did a great job with him. Also I've always loved Aragorn from the books. He's awsome.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:23 AM   #50
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

Well,one of my favorite characters from the films is Aragorn (Viggo Morensten),because he trully feels like a King .

And the second one is Legolas ( Orlando Bloom ) ,cause I really love elves .
Old 10-07-2004, 03:34 PM   #51
goodcharlottefan77

Shield

favorite....uh.........................oh, i'll say,..............pippin because he's like so cool...

Old 10-17-2004, 08:49 AM   #52
turgon
Haunting Spirit

turgon has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have to agree with rutslegolas. The actor for Eomer did rather well to
turgon is offline   Reply With Quote