Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #1361
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Can I close out the day? Pretty please? That would give me plenty of time to perfect my post...

Except that I'm going to be away the 21st-26th. So if that's ok, can I close out the day?

If it's not let me know quickly so I remember to post up before I leave.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #1362
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The mud is actually quite symbolic, and very clear, considering who passes him by.

Jenny, I think it would be fine for you to close out the day. I'd be surprised if we're ready to do that as early as the end of this year, but you never know.....

Funny post, Celuien. I didn't know Garstan had an 'evil' side.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:16 PM   #1363
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
The mud is actually quite symbolic, and very clear, considering who passes him by.
Aye, aye, aye, I understood.

When Eodwine is dressed, do you suppose he'll be returning to the main hall for breakfast?

And, Firefoot, are you around? If so, can Thornden address Leof sometime this morning?

-- Folwren
Old 12-16-2006, 06:52 AM   #1364
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Yep. Here and ready to write.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:55 AM   #1365
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Funny post, Celuien. I didn't know Garstan had an 'evil' side.
He is rather enjoying the prospect of teaching these misbehaving children a lesson. All for their own good, of course.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:24 PM   #1366
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
He is rather enjoying the prospect of teaching these misbehaving children a lesson. All for their own good, of course.
Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
When Eodwine is dressed, do you suppose he'll be returning to the main hall for breakfast?
Nah, he's going to hide up in his room all day.

Yes, he'll be breaking his fast in the mead hall.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:31 PM   #1367
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Of course.
Of course.

Should they learn, who knows?
Old 12-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #1368
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Nah, he's going to hide up in his room all day.

Yes, he'll be breaking his fast in the mead hall.
Do you know? Whenever my brother thinks I ask him a stupid question (and I don't consider it stupid) he makes fun of me, too. It must be a man thing.

Alright, everyone. I'll try to post tomorrow.

-- Folwren
Old 12-17-2006, 07:18 AM   #1369
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Do you know? Whenever my brother thinks I ask him a stupid question (and I don't consider it stupid) he makes fun of me, too.
No, it was a fair question. Sorry. I'll stop if you want. You and Thornden are just so easy to tease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
It must be a man thing.
Nah, it's a 'we like you' thing.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:50 AM   #1370
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
No, it was a fair question. Sorry. I'll stop if you want. You and Thornden are just so easy to tease.
Oh. No, you don't need to stop. It generally doesn't bother me. Last night I was tired and grumpy and getting sick, that's all. Besides, I had gotten the feeling that I was annoying you at one point (entirely on accident), so I felt suddenly defensive and worried.

Yes. I am easy to tease. At least, I'm fun to tease. I don't know why, I just am. Everyone tells me so. *sigh* My sister says it's because I take everything so seriously - is that why?

Quote:
Nah, it's a 'we like you' thing.
Oh.

Well, I apologize, then, for my remark of last night. I should have known it was wrong, what with the sort of attitude I was in.

Elempi, I have an actual question about game, though. This entire post isn't going to be deservant of the chat skwerl.

I was originally planning on having Thornden address Leof before talking to Eodwine about helping him in the stables. But I don't think Thornden would talk to Leof until he knew if Eodwine had anything else in mind or if he approved, or whatever else. So, what I'm thinking of doing is putting Firefoot on hold (sorry) and talking to Eodwine first.

Or do you think that Thornden should talk to Leof first? I don't know what should happen. Thornden knows Javan would like to work with the horses, but he's not sure if Leof needs help, and I can't tell who he would talk to first.

-- Folwren
Old 12-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #1371
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
My sister says it's because I take everything so seriously - is that why?
Yes. And you are very earnest, which is part of the above.

Quote:
Well, I apologize, then
Unnecessary but accepted.

Quote:
I was originally planning on having Thornden address Leof before talking to Eodwine about helping him in the stables. But I don't think Thornden would talk to Leof until he knew if Eodwine had anything else in mind or if he approved, or whatever else. So, what I'm thinking of doing is putting Firefoot on hold (sorry) and talking to Eodwine first.

Or do you think that Thornden should talk to Leof first? I don't know what should happen. Thornden knows Javan would like to work with the horses, but he's not sure if Leof needs help, and I can't tell who he would talk to first.
I think it's in Thornden's character to make sure that those in authority approve of his plans, so I would expect him to go to Eodwine first, then once approval has been given, he will with (the greater) confidence pursue his objective. Sorta like you.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #1372
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Yes. And you are very earnest, which is part of the above.
Ah. I see.

Quote:
I think it's in Thornden's character to make sure that those in authority approve of his plans, so I would expect him to go to Eodwine first, then once approval has been given, he will with (the greater) confidence pursue his objective. Sorta like you.
Haha! Okay, thank you. I think you're right. I just began to write my post and I had an idea this afternoon to fix all my problems, I think. I hope to be able to get it up this evening sometime.

My brother with his wife and first child are here. My brother and his little son are so cute!! It will be because of their presence if I do not get a post up today.

Edit: Aha! There! I did it. Firefoot, your character has been addressed, and Elempi, yours has, too. I decided that I could use both my characters instead of one. This will certainly be interesting...having two to look after.

-- Aunt Foley

Last edited by Folwren; 12-17-2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #1373
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I wish I had time to phrase this in a nice happy tone, but I don't.

I will definatively not be around until further notice.

Pertaining to the story: I changed my mind about Saeryn running away. I hadn't had time to let you in on it, LMP. Her trip is critical to her story. She does still need to go find out what happened to her family. But now isn't the right time, either for character or writer. When she goes, Degas will be with her. And when they go, it won't be the same exact time I'm chiming in to say "I will definatively not be around until further notice."

Sorry to make you edit posts/story thought. And sorry for the short notice disappearance.

I'm out.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:30 AM   #1374
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I will try to write one post before Christmas, because from the 22nd onwards I won't be around for more than two weeks. (I'm visiting family/relatives in the countryside.) But I promise to be back next year and flood the hall with posts. Or, at least, post something.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #1375
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I will definatively not be around until further notice.

Pertaining to the story: I changed my mind about Saeryn running away. I hadn't had time to let you in on it, LMP. Her trip is critical to her story. She does still need to go find out what happened to her family. But now isn't the right time, either for character or writer. When she goes, Degas will be with her. And when they go, it won't be the same exact time I'm chiming in to say "I will definatively not be around until further notice."

Sorry to make you edit posts/story thought. And sorry for the short notice disappearance.
Okay, I'll change my post to show that Saeryn and Eodwine have agreed, off stage, that until Feanor is ready to take up pen here again, she has agreed to stay at Meduseld under Queen Lothiriel's fosterage, as it were. Best I can do in any way that fits the plot threads that we have so far developed. I hope it's okay. I'm sure that the indefatigable Fea can figure out how to extricate Saeryn from such a prison....
Old 12-18-2006, 08:55 PM   #1376
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, ye don't mind waiting a bit, do you, before Thornden leaves Eodwine's company, do you? Or before I answer you? If you're in a hurry to do something with your character, I can add something to my last post and ... somehow answer you. Actually, I can do that anyway. Ne'er mind. But - if you want Eodwine to be able to leave, I'll need to know. Otherwise, I'll just have Thornden answer and continue with his breakfast and not necessarily give you a good chance to leave. Of course, Eodwine could always just get up and leave...but you can decide, I guess.

-- Foley
Old 12-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #1377
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Elempi, ye don't mind waiting a bit, do you, before Thornden leaves Eodwine's company, do you? Or before I answer you? If you're in a hurry to do something with your character, I can add something to my last post and ... somehow answer you. Actually, I can do that anyway. Ne'er mind. But - if you want Eodwine to be able to leave, I'll need to know. Otherwise, I'll just have Thornden answer and continue with his breakfast and not necessarily give you a good chance to leave. Of course, Eodwine could always just get up and leave...but you can decide, I guess.

-- Foley
Eodwine is not of a mind to do anything but sit and let the world move.

My post re Saeryn has been altered.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:21 PM   #1378
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Eodwine is not of a mind to do anything but sit and let the world move.
Excellent! I have edited my post, then, and all is well. You have my answer and may move on if it so suits your fancy.

-- Folwren

P.S. Elempi, you are not in a grumpy mood, are you?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:18 AM   #1379
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Excellent! I have edited my post, then, and all is well. You have my answer and may move on if it so suits your fancy.

-- Folwren

P.S. Elempi, you are not in a grumpy mood, are you?
ME!? Nah. Eodwine is though.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:47 AM   #1380
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Welcome to the hall, Lhuna!

Good post.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 AM   #1381
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Welcome to the hall, Lhuna!

Good post.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to spreading mischief-- I mean writing with you all.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:44 AM   #1382
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Lhuna! Wonderful to see you here.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #1383
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
ME!? Nah. Eodwine is though.
Good! I wanted to make sure Eodwine's mood was not reflecting yours.........

--

Welcome, Lhuna! Looks like your joining character could be fun!

--

Fea, I am very sorry that you are leaving so unexpectedly and for a time unknown. That's sad.

-- Folwren
Old 12-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #1384
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It appears that interest and plot possibilities are high enough such that it may serve us best to make this a full day instead of a foreshortened one. So let's do it. That means Formy can post as soon as he likes, too.

Full Day!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:07 AM   #1385
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Thanks, Kath and Foley!

Elempi, do you mind if I leave Randvér to you? You don't have to write for him or anything, not if you want to, but Eodwine could just call Ginna and pass along the message. She's used to her father disappearing without a word, anyway.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:16 AM   #1386
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

So the idea, Lhuna, is that Randvér has left Ginna at the stables and gone in to the Hall to speak with Eodwine? If so, I can write a post making such conversation happen as would be appropriate, and then have Eodwine see him off. Even though R. might disappear, Eodwine would have none of it, and would want to have father introduce daughter.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:39 AM   #1387
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
So the idea, Lhuna, is that Randvér has left Ginna at the stables and gone in to the Hall to speak with Eodwine? If so, I can write a post making such conversation happen as would be appropriate, and then have Eodwine see him off. Even though R. might disappear, Eodwine would have none of it, and would want to have father introduce daughter.
More like Ginna has left Randvér as he goes into the Hall to speak with Eodwine, and she wanders around, the bad girl. So I suppose Eodwine wants Ginna present as he and her father talk? If so, that's fine with me. But maybe not with Ginna.

EDIT: Oh. *is enlightened*

Randvér did leave Ginna behind at the stables, somehow without realising it. Ginna wandered to the area near the stables. Lhuna is lost. Sorry. *sheepish grin*

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 12-20-2006 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:29 AM   #1388
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I don't have the time to write a post today (must do some Christmas shopping), nor tomorrow (the school Christmas party). If I manage to get on a school computer on the day after tomorrow, I will write one post before Christmas, if not... well then it's 'til early January.

So, in case I won't be back,
a Meady Christmas for everyone, write well!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #1389
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
It appears that interest and plot possibilities are high enough such that it may serve us best to make this a full day instead of a foreshortened one. So let's do it. That means Formy can post as soon as he likes, too.

Full Day!
*digs way down into the depths of his mind to recall what his... um... dwarf... is called.

Náin. That was it.

Attempts to reconstruct what was going on in... Náin's life.

Got it.*

So, Kath, I believe that's you and I... do you want to start off our outing, or shall I?
Old 12-20-2006, 03:59 PM   #1390
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Please go ahead Form, I'm happy to follow your lead.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #1391
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Please go ahead Form, I'm happy to follow your lead.
But I don't WANT to lead... I don't know where I'm going....

*sulks, for a moment*

Okay, I should be able to put something up today or tomorrow. Hit me (hard) if I don't. I have no work, no school, and few friends hanging around now that I'm back home (though I seem to be inordinately busy in light of that). Anyway... if I don't get something up, you'll know that it's pure laziness.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #1392
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
God bless you all, and Merry Christmas! I'll see you next Wednesday.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:10 AM   #1393
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have taken a couple liberties with a couple of other writers' characters. Please slap my writing hand if you need to.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:35 PM   #1394
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Okay, Kara --I mean, Kath...-- I've opened up our day, though I've not quite gotten so far as to start our outing. I'm not sure where I'm going with Náin's antsiness, but it seemed right at the time.

(It being Christmas and all, don't feel you HAVE to rush a reply, on my account... but you can... )
Old 12-23-2006, 01:31 AM   #1395
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Welcome, Lhuna!

As I've done before, Lys is left open for anyone to talk to him. Please feel free. Otherwise, he'll probably just go in search of Thornden. But I would like him to make some new friends...please?

Merry Christmas to all!

- Tara
Old 12-23-2006, 04:29 AM   #1396
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
It being Christmas and all, don't feel you HAVE to rush a reply, on my account... but you can...
Hey might as well get a few posts in while we can. A reply is up. We still haven't got out of the hall though!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:51 AM   #1397
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Good gracious, with all this writing going on, I'm beginning to feel guilty about slacking off. I'll try to post something today, how's that sound?

-- Folwren
Old 12-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #1398
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Hey might as well get a few posts in while we can.
Indeed. And where I'm concerned, at least, one should definitely strike while the iron is hot, since it so rarely is...

Still not out of the Hall, though, but we can probably count ourselves as at the doors for our next post.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:25 PM   #1399
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm thinking that it's Lhuna's turn to post about Ginna, after which I'll post up for Eodwine (and Randvér). Sound good?
Old 12-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #1400
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well we're out of the Hall now and on our way into town Form. But we have a slight problem in that I have no idea what is around the place that Kara can show you! Any ideas? What would Nain like to see?

Merry Christmas to everybody! Enjoy your days.