Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #801
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Save filled. Thorn, your turn. At least I managed to mess up Jord's skirt!

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-18-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #802
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Save filled. Ouch, that was hard.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #803
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes, it didn't look easy. It would have been impossible for me. I can't write verse. Good job.

My save is filled as well.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #804
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
What needs to happen now? Who is going to find Khandr's body?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #805
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I am not sure what is happening next. Someone in the hunt could post... Someone could find Khandr's body, but I don't know who is going to do that - I believe Lalaith's and Nogrod's character are on their way to find Lachrandir, so they're not available. Unless Thorn finds him.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #806
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well we could find Khandr after going to Lachrandir. I suppose.
Am I on next btw?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #807
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Am I on next btw?
If you wish to be.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #808
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I am not sure what is happening next. Someone in the hunt could post... Someone could find Khandr's body, but I don't know who is going to do that - I believe Lalaith's and Nogrod's character are on their way to find Lachrandir, so they're not available. Unless Thorn finds him.
Thorn is moving away from Khandr's body. He will not find it.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #809
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
How about Briga finding him? Wasn't Khandr killed quite near his residence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Am I on next btw?
Lalaith please do not hesitate making the two find the elves or at least the Ulfings... I wouldn't like to post two times in a row for them.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #810
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If you Lalaith are not going to make the two meet some hunters pretty soon (I've been waiting for quite a month now) - or if you Ulfings will not post to see the two of us I'll make a post about which I will will not take responsibility of... But let's say I will kill at leat one of the central characters which according to the rules are dispendable (not written by anyone in X weeks) and will not hesitate to do that to someone else as well.

Now where are you?

How drastic post do I need to make before you continue?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #811
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, you are superb. I'd love to see a main character killed off....to a certain extent - if only becasue I'd never seen it done before. lol!

Okay, seriously...Elempi said he was going to post for Ulfast a few days ago. That would be more than nice. I'd love a reaction from my last post.

I am considering what to do with Ulwarth. Unfortunately, my characters are close together, so I can't really write all that much without cutting out other players.

But, yes, as Nogrod said, we do need to be getting on.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #812
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks for the kick in the rear, Noggie. It's way too late and I'm out of gas for this day (which actually ended 30 minutes ago) I'll post to this rpg tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #813
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

There are different ways of kick-starting things indeed...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #814
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh I do like a forceful man!

Sorry, I have been incredibly busy. I will post something this weekend. It probably won't be very good, but it will get us (F and E) to the elves.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #815
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, I think you made a typo or sommit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfast
And you!" he said, turning to Ulfast. "Next time you act like my near death is a sideshow for you, I'll put a mark on you where you'll remember it!"
What did you mean really?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #816
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Elempi, I think you made a typo or sommit...What did you mean really?
NO kidding, Elempi, what did you really mean? Ah, Ulwarth, actually. I'll go change it. (Elempi slaps himself on the forehead and tips over) CRASH!!!!! (oops)
Old 02-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #817
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
NO kidding, Elempi, what did you really mean? Ah, Ulwarth, actually. I'll go change it. (Elempi slaps himself on the forehead and tips over) CRASH!!!!! (oops)
*Folwren tiptoes around the table to look down at him.* Are you entirely well, old chap?

Good! If it's Ulwarth, I should have something interesting to write.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #818
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
*Folwren tiptoes around the table to look down at him.* Are you entirely well, old chap?
Elempi lifts his head and looks up at Foley. "Oh, I'm fine. Just you go knock yourself out writing a post (after a manner of speaking).

Quote:
Good! If it's Ulwarth, I should have something interesting to write.
I eagerly awayt. (yes I know the spelling's wrong but I like it somehow)
Old 02-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #819
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Knock myself out? No thanks. I see what that can do to a person.

I'll write a post tomorrow morning if I don't get 'round to it tonight after the movie. Mom and Pop went out to watch the Super Bowl, so my younger siblings and I are going to eat pizza and watch Star Wars III. Harrah!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #820
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Right, I've got to rewrite my post a bit as we've already been brought almost to the presence of the elf 'imself. Back tomorrow...
Old 02-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #821
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Lalaith, I can edit if it helps you. It's not like my stuff's granite and can't be changed.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #822
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I should tell everyone that I'm going to be gone from Sunday the 10 to Sunday the 17, that's all week next week. Carry my charaters if necessarily.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #823
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

That“s kind of you to offer elempi but not necessary, its much better that you moved the story on as you did.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #824
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Abject apologies for the appallingly tardy post.
It's up now, and if it's any consolation, I'm around most of this week. I can therefore be slightly less crap than I have been, in moving the story along, if anyone else is around too.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #825
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Good to see this thing moving forwards Lalaith!

I made a short post as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Ulfing lords are indeed around and thence the situation is quite awkward for Embla and Fastarr... If I'm mistaken I will edit my post accordingly.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #826
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Wow! What a position of power Lachrandir finds himself in! I shall post up shortly. Which way to go? Which way to go?......
Old 02-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #827
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Posting for Folwren: I really wont be getting back till Tuesday, so continue carrying my character if necessary.

At least, that is what I assume Folwren would write, if she were here...
Old 02-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #828
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Quote:
How about Briga finding him? Wasn't Khandr killed quite near his residence?
Yes, I would like for Briga to find poor Khandr. She would, of course, arrange to have his body brought back to the house. Additionally, since she fears for her own life and that of the other Borrim, Briga would surely hope to convey the news to Nogrod rather than to those engaged in the hunt. Is there some way she could come barging into your dinner party conveying this information? Of course, we wouldn't want to do this until your own affairs and conversation are sufficiently wrapped up.

Would this work?

If so, I will put up a post where she finds his body and has it brought back to the house but will wait to come barging in to the dinner party.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #829
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age View Post
Additionally, since she fears for her own life and that of the other Borrim, Briga would surely hope to convey the news to Nogrod rather than to those engaged in the hunt. Is there some way she could come barging into your dinner party conveying this information?
You won't find me or my character Fastarr from the dinner party at Dag's house...

But more seriously she might take the servants Hugo and Grogr with her I suppose - or at least make sure they take care of the body or something? Well, depending on how she wishes to act to be sure...
Old 02-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #830
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Depending on how things go with Lachrandir and the Ulflings, Embla and Fastarr might want to find out what happened to Khandr, or they might in fact need to clear the hell out.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #831
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hi! I've returned. Thanks, Fin, for letting people know when I'd be back.

Lalaith may be right - clearing out pretty quick might be a good idea. I was thinking while reading the posts that it might not be a good idea for Uldor or any of his brothers to hear. On the other hand, it makes it very interestig if they do hear, but it puts Nogrod's and Lalaith's characters into a lot of danger, methinks.

I've no idea when I'll get around to posting.

-- Folwren
Old 02-20-2008, 04:47 AM   #832
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Noggie, do you want us to go with Lachrandir, and which of us should post?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:08 AM   #833
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Noggie, do you want us to go with Lachrandir, and which of us should post?
I think that would be reasonable - that they go with him I mean. If you have time please do post as I'm not able to do it in a few days time anyway.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #834
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

May I propose a plot twist?

Here's the idea. Because Lachrandir can do osanwė, he is going to believe Nogrod's and Lalaith's characters. Then when Thorn comes and tells him the same thing, only with more details, namely about Jord/Thuringwethil and her ties to Morgoth Bauglir, well the jig is up, isn't it? We can't have Lachrandir go back and tell Caranthir the wrong thing, now, can we? So instead, Jord/Thuringwethil realizes that something did not go as she wished since Khandr did not die in complete despair; she knows some intervention occurred, but she does not know what or how or where from. Can she still turn herself into some other creature, like a bat? If so, this will be easier. She turns herself, and flies back toward Khandr's lodgings, and senses the flight of Fastarr and Embla, and gives chase. She bypasses Uldor and brother, and reaches Lachrandir, Fastarr and Embla, and finds Thorn with them, telling Lachrandir everything, and he believes. Jord must therefore fix things. She wrests Fastarr's sword, murders Lachrandir and Thorn, and shoos the two humans away, setting up the frame. She then meets up with Uldor and Ulfast separately (each unaware of the other) and they both find the bodies and Fastarr's sword, and they accuse the Borrim of treachery and murder. That leaves it to Tathren to return to Caranthir with the news of Lachrandir's death, the treachery of the Borrim, and the resolute loyaly of the Ulfings.

What do you think?

Okay, you're probably wondering why I want to kill off both of my characters. It's because I'm going to leave the Barrowdowns; not because of anything wrong, it's just time. But I want to see all of my commitments through, including this one. Let me know.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #835
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I am content. As long as I get to kill people.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #836
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It makes sense. I wanted Uldor to kill him, but I guess he can't, if he wants to try to frame somebody else. Bummer. He has perfect reason to, now.

No, no, it looks good, Elempi. *sigh* If it's absolutely necessary. Can you write Tathren all the way out of the city?

Once Lachrandir is gone and the Borrim have separated from the Ulfings, we should travel on swiftly to the battle and end it. Hopefully before June...before my schedule goes whacko and I cease to be around so much during camp.

Now, I believe hte Borrim were supposed to still fight on the elves and men's side? If Tathren goes bearing tales of treachery, will that allow the history to remain in tact? I can't look anything up tonight, so this'll take a little bit of research, but we should be able to twist somethings to make it work out.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:58 AM   #837
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

That shouldn't be so hard, Foley. Fastarr and Embla can flee to some other Elven group beside Caranthir. With what Elven group did the Borrim fight?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #838
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I thought this morning that Uldor could still have Thorn killed. If Thorn comes to Lachrandir, it's not absolutely out of the question that he could be caught by one of Brodda's or Uldor's henchmen. Then he could be brought to Uldor, as Uldor wished earlier, and from there, things would progress quickly and end, undoubtedly, in Thorn's termination.

Can we do that? Thuringwethil can have Lachrandir (presumabely, she doesn't know about Thorn), and Uldor, suspecting Thorn from when he first contacted Khandir, can deal with that old man.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #839
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Makes sense to me.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #840
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

And you grin about it. Oh! The morbidness of all this is almost scary. (Is morbidness even a word? I doubt it.)