User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2002, 12:35 PM   #121
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lorin saw the chaos around her, Arawil and Elentari were fighting Morluinien. Zohariel was lying face down on the floor, she had nearly cut Lorin's head of as she had flailed her weapons all over the place. Dykoria had just been flung against the wall by Bran who was now rounding on Anroth and Min was in no condition to fight.

Lorin sized up each situation and decided Anroth was in the most dire need as he didn't seem to be able to move, with a cry she charged at Bran with her knife pointing straight at him. She hit him in the side but Bran was determined to hurt Anroth. He walked towards Anroth again, ready to try and kill him, but again Lorin charged at him but this time he dodged, Lorin turned and attacked again but Bran just pushed her out of the way and started on Anroth. Lorin was just gathering herself up to attack again when she heard one of the children cry out as Elentari stmbled back into her, Elentari strove on and faught harder while Lorin picked up the child and took her over to Min,
"Look after them will you?" she asked,
"Of course." he said taking the little ones outside. Lorin watched him out then turned back to help Dykoria.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:56 PM   #122
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Hreeza pushed the children towards Lorin and saw the concerned elf take them outside. Right, now that job was done-

"Anroth! Look out!" She called. Even as she said it and began to rush over, it was as if things were happening in slow motion; Anroth started to turn, but Brans fist smashed into the side of his face, knocking him to the floor. As he scrambled around, Hreeza knocked a sword within his reach. His fumbling hands grasped it and he flung it up, parrying Brans downward swoop with his own sword.

He pulled himself to his feet, but Bran once again swumg across, making him jump to the side, pinning him against the wall. The giant man swumg back his sword once again, preparing to attack, then frpze, his eyes wide as Anroths dagger skashed deep into his chest. Clutching the wound he roared madly.

The ranger struggled wildly in his grasp but freed himself too late; Bran drove his sword into Anroths stomach, almost up to the hilt.

"NOOOOO! Hreezas despairing cry hit the ears of all present as she rushed up to the dying ranger. He was clutching at the sword, gritting his teeth against the pain, tears in his eyes, tears of anger and pain.

"Im so sorry. But please...win this one. And kill the buffon. For me." He whispered, then fell back, his fall cushioned as Hreeza lowered his head slowly to the floor. She made his words carry around the room, letting all know his last words. She was really angry now and from where she stood the wind began to blow harder, knocking things from the table, making Zohariels bells jingle.

Yet was it only the angry sprite disturbing the bells...she faltered, feeling suddenly the prescence of another in the room. She saw Zohariels eyes widen and turned to look at Morluinien, who was smiling as she clutched the amulet at her thoat. She was summoning her mother...
Old 11-22-2002, 02:12 PM   #123
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

Dykoria whipped around as she saw Anroth fall, his blood spilling onto the floor.
Dykoria knelt down next to him and bid farewell to the noble Ranger. Azalea heard the bells, and stiffened. She relaxed, then looked to she was clutching the amulet, and she started to speak in an ancient tounge.
"Oh dear god! Stop her!" Dykoria hissed to everyone. She knew this language, and she was frightened of it.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:27 PM   #124
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Morluinien continued to chant. She felt her mother coming to her slowly. She hoped that her mother would be able to unleash her power against these newcomers. Morluinien had never had to ask her mother for aid yet in battle.

"Morluinien?" her mother asked, "Why do you wake me?"

"In'glaim nidar thalion. Le anķron," Morluinien said.

"All right," her mother said.

Morluinien saw one of the companions look to her with fear. She felt the power growing in the room as her mother prepared to smite these insignificant fools. She wondered if Bran would be killed too, but she didn't much care. She could always fetch a new man. The charms were easy enough.

She felt the power growing and waited eagerly for it to be released...
Old 11-23-2002, 06:24 AM   #125
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Zohariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I admit I copied most of this out of Sabriel but no other book explains Necromancing so well!

Zohariel dragged herself to her feet, the wound on her cheek still bleeding thickly. Still desperatly trying to stay upright she fumbled with her bell belt. She thought for a second, then pulled out the smallest bell, and swung it once. It sounded a sweet, low sound, and all the fighters rubbed their eyes, getting drowsy. She swung again and many fell asleep.
"Ranna" she said out loud. Ranna, the sleepbringer. Now she faced Morluien and her mother- ghost- thing.
She replaced Ranna and drew Saraneth, the deepest bell that would shakle the Dead to the ringer's will.
"Saraneth" Zohariel choked out over a gurgle of blood that dripped over her mouth. She swung it, hoping it would let her bend the Mother to her will. Unfortunatly, it did not work. Frantically, she swung it again. Realising it would not work she replaced it and drew Kibeth. This was only used in an emergency, a difficult bell to wield. She made sure she had the holdings correct then swung it in such a way that should get Mother through the last gate and back to wherever she came from, be it death or life.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:22 PM   #126
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Duraglariel unleashed her power then. Suddenly, each person saw themselves being ripped in two as if from a distance. They were back in their bodies and felt brief, horrible pain. Many cried out at this pain. Morluinien surveyed the scene and heard her mother be dragged into the timeless Void.

"Very well," Morluinien said, "As you seem to have the self-confidence of two people, Naneth has seen to it that you are two people. These spirits, however, shall not cooperate with you, for they only respond to those of my heritage."

With that, she ran into her room and locked the door.

"I'lhūth sain dagitha (The spell will slay them)," Morluinien said to herself, looking for a sign of her mother.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:08 PM   #127
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elentari groaned in despair. She couldn't think of a solution. Unless...

"Zohariel," shouted the elf above the clashing of weapons. "Use your bells again."

"It wont work," replied the Necromancer.

"It will. Use them, but in reverse order."

"But what will that-"

"JUST DO IT!" shouted Elentari.

Zohariel drew Kibeth and swung it. It seemed to have no effect.

"See, I told you-"

"Use the next bells together." shouted the elf.

Zohariel drew Saraneth and Ranna. She swung them together. For a momemt it was as if the earth itsself was going to give way. Them whole room shook.

"It's working," shoted Hreeza joyfully as the copies of the brave group stopped moving.

"Now," said Elentari comandingly. "Swing Kibeth and, with all your might... Zohariel? ZOHARIEL!!!"
Old 12-01-2002, 08:00 AM   #128
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Zohariel creased up her face and swung her bell. It sounded and rang, rang loud and harshly. She shivered in her rags, dropped the bell and fell to the ground. All she knew was a burning, white hot pain before all went black.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:54 PM   #129
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Zohariel! NO!" screemed Zrawil. All the coppies of the group started to disappear. The bells had worked, but the effect on Zohariel was not so good.

"Lorin, help her." Arawil started shouting orders. "Hreeza, go after Morluinien. Dykoria, do something about that body. AND YOU!" she shouted at Elentari. "YOU CAN LEAVE. It's your fault Zohariel is now so badly injured! Leave."

"But I..."

"LEAVE!"

Elentari, as if only a child again, ran out of the hut, into the forest. Never had seen been so cruely treated after helping people. Sure other people had not appreciated the help and had shouted at her, but she had saved these people's lives. Only in Rivendell had she been truely accepted. You see, even though she was 2014 years old and very wise, at heart she had nevver left her childhood behind. She was easily upset when not fully on task or if some horrific event just happened - like what happened to Zohariel.

Even Hreeza did not expect Elentari to react like this. She would have gone after her if it was not for her task at hand. In the end it was Min who followed the Elf.

[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 12-03-2002, 12:59 PM   #130
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hreeza hovered uncertainly, caught between following Elentari and following Morluinien. Damn! The elf witch had power and it should not be waster, but she had to obey Arawil if she ever wanted the chance of being able to Change.

"Arawil, get them all out of the hut. There is evil contained here, even if the spirit is not right here now." She spoke over her shoulder. "Ill meet you at the edge of the forest if all else fails!"

As she set off on the track of Morluinien, she hoped the maia wouldnt notice the error- a wind sprite could find anything in her forest! But she had business with this witch, this necromancer, the one who sent such evil upon Zohariel....
Old 12-03-2002, 02:01 PM   #131
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin rushed over to Zohariel, she was covered in cuts and bruises and she was plainly exhausted. Lorin raised Zohariel slowly off the hard wooden floor and carried her, she was still unconcious. Lorin carried her with ease as she was very thin.

Arawil opened the door up for them, Lorin smiled at her in thanks and continued to carry Zohariel outside. Lorin lay her down on the grass and sat down next to her, the grass was soft compared to the wooden floor and Lorin welcomed the change.

The childern came crowding aroud Zohariel,
"What has happened to her?" they all asked,
"Min, take the children will you?.. Min?... Where has Min got to?" said Lorin looking around for him. Arawil bent down, looking at the tracks on the floor,
"He followed Elentari as she ran out."
"Why?... Oh don't bother, I must tend to Zohariel." Lorin said as she turned back towards Zohariel.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:11 PM   #132
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

Dykoria picked up Anroth's body, and carried him out the door. She followed Arawil, and met up with Lorin, who was surrounded by the children.
Dykoria gently laid his body down, and kissed his head. She arranged his body, he looked so peaceful.
"Why are you doing that, he's dead." A little girl came over to her.
"I am giving him a rangers farewell, he deserves this and more." Dykoria kissed his head again, and so did the girl. Dykoria gave a smile, and the girl ran back over to Lorin, who winked at Dykoria.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:15 PM   #133
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Elentari went back to her home. In the middle of a clearing, right at the heart of Mirkwood, was a large tree. It was hollow inside, but Elentari had stopped the desease which was killing and hollowing the tree and kept it alive. Though she was skilled in medicin, it was not elves or men she would help. She despised their treatment of her. They seemed to hate her because she was neither pure elf or pure witch. It was nature now that she loved and helped. It had never abanded her or hated her.

Moon walked slowed up to the root where Elentari was sitting and licked the elf-witch's face. She hated to she her friend this way.

"Moon," mindspoke the elf-witch. "You have never shown unkindness to me. You're my only friend now. I wish my love hadn't left with Elrond and the others at the turn of the time."

"They asked you to go with them didn't they?" Thought Moon, allowing Elentari to read her thoughts. "I don't inderstand why you didn't go with them."

"I could never leave this place. My heart belongs to it. My love told me that one day I would face my great enemy and defeat it. To that I hold...." << hehee, not stealing lines there at all!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] >>

"Miss?" Elentari did not jump, for she knew of his approach.

"Go away Elf. I do not which for your company."

"Please, call me Min."

"Why do you show me kindness... Min. No one else does."

"You saved us. I wanted to thankyou."

"I did nothing. All in all I made things worse. Leave me!" Elentari spun round and disappeared into the tree. Min was left standing next to Moon, stroking her mane.

[ December 05, 2002: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 12-07-2002, 04:20 PM   #134
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Morluinien had silently exited while the others had been counting their injuries. Bran was most likely dead. Once she saw that her mother was not there, she fled.

Now, that annoying sprite-creature-thing was trailing. No matter.

She sped quickly and silently through the woods hardly leaving a trail...

[ December 07, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 12-08-2002, 08:48 AM   #135
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Eventually, Zohariel came round to feel a warm hand on her forehead: Lorin. She pushed it away and struggled to sit up. Suddenly the whole world spun and Lorin pushed her down, saying "Rest. You lost a lot of blood."
Zohariel checked her bell belt; Kibeth was missing. But it swung into view above her and she realised someone had picked it up.
"Where..Where..Elen..taa- a" she started, but her mouth hurt too much to end. Lorin knew what she meant.
"Arawil shouted at her and she ran off."
"See her...haf to see...plee"
Old 12-08-2002, 11:14 AM   #136
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hreeza shot through the forest as fast as she could, picking up the few, tiny trails there were visually, but also those that ran deeper; the scent of the breeze, the feel of the trees, the whispers of the track. The necromancer had covered her tracks well, but not well enough to hide them from a wind sprite in her own forest. In this way she picked up the Othersight of Morluiniens track.

Speeding through she then thought she could hear something and indeed; on the trail below was the sorceress, whispering shallowly under her breath some kind of chant. Well, no wya was Hreeza going to let her finish. Gathering her energies up, she knocked a branch from a tree above with a snap.

Morluinien stopped.
She looked up.
Her mouth formed a shocked 'O'.

As the heavy breanch hit her head she fell, unconcious to the ground. Hreeza exhaled deeply, letting the pulses rushing through her calm down as she smiled slightly in satisfaction.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:38 AM   #137
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Zohariel," said Lorin matter-of-factly "You are in no condition to go running roung the woods, you need your wounds washed and bandaged, and you need some food in you!" the children were crowding around and listening intently,
"I've got some bread in my pocket, she could have that." Lorin looked at the child and smiled,
"Yes, thankyou, that would be very helpful. Do any of you know of a strem or river around here?"
"Yes, there's one just through those trees there." said a boy pointing to a large clump of bushes and brambles. Lorin went to her horse and got three bottles and gave one to each child,
"Now, would you go and collect some water for me?"
"Certainly!" said a young girl as they ran off into the wood. Lorin took the bread the child had given her and gave it to Zohariel to eat, but it proved too painful, lorin decided they would have to mush it up with some water.

Lorin walked over to Dykoria, who was sitting beside Anroth's body and sat down beside her. She looked at Anroth's peaceful face, he was almost sleeping. Lorin was reminded of her family.

Her father had been the first to look like this, she had even been told that he was sleeping as she was still young, but his skin was hard and cold to the touch, not the skin of a living man. That was her first experience of death, years had passed since, but still it stuck in her mind.

"I did all I could for him, and still it wasn't enough." said Lorin,
"No, Lorin, this was meant to happen, he died a true ranger's death."
Old 12-11-2002, 03:34 PM   #138
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Min waited a while to see if Elentari would reappear, but he had no such luck. He turned around and headed back towards the others. He had walked about 100meters when he noticed that Moon was following him.

"You better stay here." He continued walking but she still followed. "Won't Elentari get annoyed with you?" Moon snorted and Min interpereted it as a no. "Fine, but Arawil will not take kindly to you."

Little did he know that Elentari was watching him. She was sitting in a branch right above his head.

"This Elf," she thought. "He thinks so little of himself.... So selfless. I can see why the other Elf likes him. He's so much like my love used to be."

Elentari had asked Moon to follow Min. The elf-witch wanted to find out more about the others' personalities. Their reaction to Moon would tell her all she wished to know.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:48 PM   #139
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Zohariel!" commanded Lorin. "You must stay still. I think Min followed Elentari. Maybe he'll bring her back. But I have no idea where the Elf'witch is, so I can't find her, let alone you!"

Zohariel allowed herself to be pushed back onto the bed of leaves Lorin had made for her. Lorin fed her some bread *mush*
~~~
Arawil was wandering in the forest looking for Hreeza. She could sence Morluinien and the wind sprite were near by and suddenly came apon the strangest sight. Morluinien lay semi-conscience on the floor with a large branch on top of her. Hreeza was floating near by keeping an eye on her.

"So you found us then." laughed Hreeza. "What took you so long? Shouled a Maia be quicker than that?"

"Why are you so annoying?" said Arawil sternly, but she could not stop a slight smile appearing on her face.

"What should we do with this evil one?" asked Hreeza becoming suddenly serious.

"We should kill her for what she has done to Zohariel, for what Bran did to Anroth." Arawil strode up to Morluinien and drew her weapon.

"No. We must not stoop to her level." said Hreeza, holding Arawil back with a strong, but gentle, gust of wind. "We must punish her accordingly. She has not killed. Bran did that."

"But he was under her spell. Could you not see it in his eyes?" Arawil was becoming angry with the sprite for stopping her.

Hreeza was about to argue her point when she remembered way she was helping Arawil.

"I must not anger her." thought Hreeza. "Or I'll never be able to have corporeal form.
~~~
Elentari continued her journey above Min in the trees. She was being careful not to break any twigs or Min would hear her. Once or twice Moon had looked to see if her friend was following but she had only received an angry stare from Elentari. Min had also come close to spotting her, but Elentari's quick reflexes prevented that.

"Min has better sences then I had first imagined" thought Elentari to herself. "I better be more careful"
Old 12-16-2002, 03:34 AM   #140
glennyboy02

Pipe

I would like to join, is this where I post my character's details? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2002, 09:47 AM   #141
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

&gt;No dearie post them in the discussion board&lt;

Zohariel waited til Lorin was out of sight then spat out the mush and got up, shakily. She took three wobbly steps forward and made up her mind. She had to find Elentari.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:34 AM   #142
Airerūthiel
Wight

Airerūthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Elentari heard the sound of horses' hooves and song in the woods nearby, and froze as though she had slept outside on a bitterly cold night and was now stuck to the branch until the frost melted. From her position she watched the new figure approach her, and she turned away as soon as she heard the singer's Elvish lament, not knowing if this person offered help or hatred.

The figure was female, stuck halfway between being a girl far advanced in her childhood and a woman beginning her adult life. She was dressed in black, and the hood of her cape was pulled up over her face. On the belt around her waist hung a pipe and a scabbard bearing the symbol of a green shield with a white horse facing right and a noticeable brownish-red stain upon its supple leather. The horse she rode was a fine bay stallion, and she spoke to it in the Ancient Tongue.

~*~*~*~*~

"Who are you?" Airerūthiel looked up to see a female Elf sitting in the branches of a nearby tree. "What business do you have here in Mirkwood?" The speech was in the High Tongue, which comforted her a little in this strange land.

The half-Elf dismounted and whispered to her horse, "Sérė." She then bowed low to her new acquaintance, and whipped back her hood to reveal a pale face, raven hair dressed in the Elven style, and eyes as green as emeralds. "Who desires that knowledge?" she asked in the same speech.

"I am Elentari Greenleaf, and I am an Elf of Rivendell." Elentari climbed down from the tree until she stood before the one who was half her kind. "But you have still not answered my question."

"They call me Airerūthiel," replied the Gondorian, "and my horse is Sérė. My mother was an Elf and my father a Man of Gondor. When they were slain in the massacre of the Rocconinquė five years ago, when I was just ten years old, I became a Ranger. I have come from the inn of the Green Dragon at Bywater in the Shire, and have been travelling some days. But what is this place?"

"This is Mirkwood, home of the Elves," replied Elentari. She noticed Airerūthiel's begin to grow wide with anxiety, and the half-Elf inched back towards her horse. "Why do you run from me? I will not hurt you, and I only offer the hand of friendship."

"I am not welcome here," said Airerūthiel. "My cousins Laitalathion and Maikadurion have been here a few years ago, and without wishing to give a bad press to the Elves, I was told their reception was not exactly the perfect one."

Elentari laughed, a sound like gentle summer rain. "You will not be turned away because your blood is not pure Elven," she said. "Come, you seem weary and lonely. I shall take you back to the house of Mirkwood."

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: Airerūthiel ]

Old 12-20-2002, 10:17 AM   #143
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"I know there was a spell on Bran, Arawil. Its-" She stopped herself from completing the sentence.

"Where is Elentari? Ai, why cant we seem to keep everyone together for more than a few moments!" Arawil muttered irritably, looking around. Glad to have an excuse to be left to her thoughts for a few moments, Hreeza replied.

"I'll find her O Maia. But, for the meantime," she glanced down at the sorceress, who was slowly returning to conciousness. "For the meantime, do not kill her. I have a few questions..."

Dykoria grinned wickedly at the sprite, then looked at the sorceress. She hit her sharply over the head with her sword hilt, once again rendering her unconcious. Hreeza looked at the ranger reproachfully- she could not stand creatures who would hurt an enemy while they were helpless. But a vision of Anroth returned to her mind... Oh Valar, she was so confused, her thoughts spinning around. Without further ado she left to find Elentari.
*~*~*~*
Hreeza was impressed; it had taken her at least half an hour to find the elf in her own forest. She was good! Looking down she saw Elentari with another and heard the last of their conversation.

"Come, you seem weary and lonely. I shall take you back to the house of Mirkwood."

"Come, you seem weary and lonely. I shall take you back to the house of Mirkwood."

"Not so fast, O Hasty Witch." Hreeza murmered softly beside Elentaris ear, making her jump slightly as she spun around. The other looked at her strangely as she turned and then glared at apparently thin air.

"Cant I get away from any of you?! I tried to help and all that happened was that you shunned me!" She yelled at the air. Hreeza blew gently around her, stroking her cheek soothingly.

"Hey, hey. Calm down, O Elf. You were not shunned." The elf started to talk again but Hreeza continued. "First things first; who is the Gondorian?"
Old 12-21-2002, 02:08 AM   #144
Airerūthiel
Wight

Shield

Airerūthiel tightened her grip on the hilt of Minyacirith, her father's sword, but Elentari removed it. "You have no reason to draw your blade here," she whispered. "But I advise you to answer Hreeza, and be hasty about it."

"She has dealings with you, does she not? You have been kind to me, Star-queen, and things do not look to be in a good state between the two of you," replied Airerūthiel, her eyes beginning to narrow.

"Who are you, Gondorian maid?" asked Hreeza again, growing impatient. "What is your history? Speak now!"

"My name is Airerūthiel, and I am the last of the Rocconinquė," replied the half-Elf. "I have walked this land for five years, and yet knew not of this place in my travels. My horse is Sérė. You know my story, and you know what name they give me. I know that you are called Hreeza, but I desire to know what business you have here in what appears to be a private conversation between a Ranger and a Rivendell Elf."

Old 12-21-2002, 05:55 AM   #145
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

&lt;&lt; Rivendell elf! &gt;&gt;
"I have come to ask Elentari to come back to help us." replied Hreeza. "Elentari, Arawil did not mean to shun you. She just loses her temper."

"You mean to tell me," said the elf-witch getting angry, "You mean to tell me that everyone who has shuned me has not meant it? In rivendell I was welcome. I was forced to leave when Elrond and the others left this land. I came here to Mirkwood where elves still dwell, but they rejected me. half-elves they will befriend but not an elf-witch. They were frightened that I might curse them. I've had it with other beings. I should never half tried to help Arawil and the others. I should never have revealed myself to you, Airerūthiel. My life is one of loneliness."

With that Elentari dissapeared into the tops of the trees and headed back to her tree.

"Moon, I don't want you to follow them anymore." Elentari was mind-speaking with her horse.

"I am sorry my friend," replied Moon, "But I am already at their camp. I will stay and find out more about them."

"Ok, my friend, but be careful aswell as watchful. Arawil knows you to be my horse and she will resent you for that, I know it."

[ December 27, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 12-21-2002, 04:00 PM   #146
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin finished feeding the little bit of food to Zohariel and called to the children, no reply, she called again, again no reply.She rolled her eyes and threw her arms up in despair, when will everyone stop running off? she thought to herself. She went to investigate and dissapeared into the forest,
"Children!" She called, but it soon became clear where they were, there was a sound of splashing coming through the trees, a occasional squeal was mingled in aswell.

Lorin walked down the gentle slope towards the sound, soon she found three elf-children soaking wet, up to their knees in water. The stream ran past their legs as they continued to splash about. Lorin emmerged from the trees to try and insert some order into the three children but instead, a rather vigorous and misguided splash came her way. Suddenly Lorin found her legs to be very cold, and her trousers soaked. The children stopped and looked at her, putting on their most innocent faces.

Lorin looked at each of them in turn, giving them a penetrating stare, but to the children's surprize a smile broke on her face and she took off her boots. The children watched amazed, as the adult proceeded to drench them all even more, they soon caught on though, and it wasn't long before all were dripping wet, and too cold to continue. They crawled onto the bank laughing and they stretched out, letting the warm sun dry them.

[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 12-22-2002, 02:41 PM   #147
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Eruwen walked quietly with Soronūmė at her side. It had been a long trip all the way home from the Shire. "Ah, Mirkwood. What a wonderful place." Eruwen thought. The warm smell of the air brought a great joy to her. It had been long since she walked these paths. It was then she heard the familiar sound of rushing water come to her ears.

Eruwen took off in a dead sprint. She knew this river well. Shocked, Soronūmė followed running calling after her. "Eruwen!" he said. "Stop! You do not know who may be in these woods! Eruwen!" Soronūmė could not stop her. Eruwen was too eager to touch the waters she once loved more than anything in all of Mirkwood.

As she came out into the clearing, she stopped suddenly to find a group of travelers on the bank. They all turned around and stared at the Elf. Soronūmė came up behind slowly. "There could be many dangerous foes in these wood...oh," he said when he looked up at the group of people in front of him. Eruwen could not speak.

"Excuse my friend here," Soronūmė said. "We did not mean to disturb you." Eyeing Eruwen, Soronūmė started to turn back through the woods with Eruwen behind. Before they were out of sight, a young woman came up behind them. "Wait," she said. "Don't go."

Eruwen turned around to face the woman. "I am Lorin Thoriel." the woman said. Eruwen was questioning herself at whether she should answer or run away. "Do you understand the common tongue?" Lorin said.

"Yes, she does." said Soronūmė coming up. "I am Soronūmė. My very foolish, yet shy friend here is Eruwen. We are both recently left an inn in the Shire to venture back to Mirkwood."

Eruwen looked up at Soronūmė then at Lorin. "I am not always very shy." she said. "I just don't know if I can trust some people." Eruwen looked into Lorin's eyes. She paused for a moment. "Yes," she said. "I believe your words. Are you and your company living here in Mirkwood now?"

"Oh, not at all." replid Lorin. "We are on a quest of our own, but we have taken a rest along this riverbank. Come with me. I think you two should meet the rest of my...company." The three walked back to the riverbank to find the group ahead talking amongst themselves.

Old 12-24-2002, 03:33 AM   #148
Airerūthiel
Wight

Shield

&lt;&lt; Sorry! &gt;&gt;

Airerūthiel watched as Elentari left; she was confused and saddened at her friend's sudden departure. 'She does not speak true,' she thought to herself. 'The Elves here turned away my cousins, and our mothers were Mirkwood Elves, rejected by their people because of whom they gave their hearts to - Men of Gondor and Rohan.'

Sérė stirred at the Gondorian's hand. "What is it?" asked Airerūthiel in Rohirric, the language of the horse-lords of that country. She heard talk in the woods and recognised some of the voices that came to her ears. "Did I not hear these same voices speak in the Green Dragon two nights ago?" she asked her horse, who merely whinnied softly and pawed the ground.

Now the half-Elf's mind was split. Should she seek voices she recognised but did not know, or should she try and help her new friend? It was bitterly painful to look upon Elentari after knowing what she was going through; all her young life she had been seen as nothing because she was unlike her lively fair sisters and her frail brother, and it had fallen to her to do the duty of a son of the house of Rocconinquė. But then her parents had shunned her for being too wild and unladylike; her sisters had teased her and then she had got into trouble for fighting back; her cousins had been afraid of her because her gender did not stop her being as good with a sword as they were.

And then, after they were slain, what had she lived beneath? The most terrible poverty in the world - loneliness and being unwanted. Everywhere she went, she was seen as no more than a Ranger and, as such, nothing compared to the world she had been born into. She knew she would never be truly accepted by this world, but she also knew that one day the Shield-maiden of Gondor would return to her people.

Mounting Sérė seemingly effortlessly, she spoke to her horse in the Ancient Tongue of her mother's kin and the two of them took off into the woods.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:44 PM   #149
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

It was not long until Elentari felt the half-elf drawing near. The elf-witch, Elentari, had stopped to consider things. It seemed foolish to run off like a little girl. She had to grow up. But still, they had rejected her. Elentari knew Arawil would not soften towards her. She would not be a friend to the elf-witch. But the others... they were kind, thoughtful. Min was so selfless and Elentari's new friend, Airerūthiel was from the start kind to the elf-witch.

Now that Airerūthiel had come searching for her Elentari's mind was made up. She would try once more to join the company.

"Elentari!" shouted Airerūthiel from below. "I know you're up there. Why did you run off? Won't you please come back with me? I could introduce you to some of my friends I met in the Shire at the Green Dragon."

"You would do that for me?" said Elentari quietly. "But we only just met?"

"even though you were at first cold towards me I knew that you were kind, Elentari. You said you would lead me to the house of Mirkwood, even though they have shuned you. Please, please come back with me!"

"Ok."

"Please.... I fell like it's my fault. that sprite probably would have convinced you to-"

"It's ok Airerūthiel." said Elentari calmly. "I will return to the company with you. And I will meet you friends. I needed to go and get my friends, Moon, anyway!"

Airerūthiel was surprised and yet filled with calmness at the sound of the elf-witch's enchanting laugh.

"Thankyou, my friend."

Old 12-25-2002, 03:18 PM   #150
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"And I too will be glad to introduce you to Arawil and the others Airerūthiel."

The sprites soft voice made Airerūthiel smile but it made Elentari jump, scowling.

"Are you following me sprite?"

Hreeza laughed, a sound as pleasant as Elentari's own and the elf couldnt help but relax slightly. "But of course, O witch."

"Do you practise being irritating for a living Hreeza?" Elentari shot back, but her heart wasnt really in it as she smiled slightly.

"I do believe you're starting to sound like Arawil!" Hreeza replied. Elentari's smile faded but Hreeza jumped in before she could say anything. "She is not angry at you, O One of the Blessed Race. This anger was a fleeting one. Believe me, she is grateful."

"You are sure of this?" Elentari asked softly.

"Well, we wont know until we meet with her again will we O Elf?" Hreeza smiled. "And I welcome you also O Child of Two Races." She added to the half elf standing near Elentari, sending the little sign of a bow to her mind and recieving a smile in return.

"Now come. I think there is one especially who waits for you, going by the name of the great Moon?" Hreeza surprised Elentari with her knowledge of Moon as the started off.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:43 AM   #151
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The children were now sat up and talking, still slightly damp.
"Children! I have someone here for you to meet." Lorin called ahead. The children looked round and, noticing the other two people with Lorin, stood up, not very trusting at first. Lorin led Eruwen and Soronūmė up to meet them.

"Children, this is Eruwen," she said pointing to Eruwen "And Soronūmė." she said, pointing to Soronūmė.
"Greetings." said the children in chorus. Turning to the two travellers Lorin said,
"This is Nolvennion, Teltarma and Imsewwen."
"Hello." said the two together. There was a moment of silence before the young she-elf said, peering round Eruwen,
"Is that your horse?" Eruwen turned to see what she was pointing to, it was a slender grey horse, nibbling at the rich grass on the bank.
"Certainly is, her name is Mķrie."
"Can I stroke her?"
"Of course!" At this, Imsewwen positively beamed, she rushed up to Mķrie and fussed all about her.
"That reminds me," said Lorin, "My own horse is waiting for me with the others, we'd better get back there."
"There are more of you?" enquired Soronūmė,
"Certainly, I wouldn't go travelling round Mirkwood with children and only a bow for my protection. Come, we should really be getting back." With that, Lorin started back towards the forest.

[ December 30, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 12-30-2002, 03:52 PM   #152
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Soronūmė walked back with Lorin and Eruwen, the children quietly in front of them. He had no idea there would be so many of them on the quest, but had decided previously that he spent a lot of time alone and helping others could be just what he needed.

Approaching her horse, Eruwen poke softly to the children who seemed fascinated by the creature. Soronūmė called to Salixrana who came swiftly from the trees, apparently unoticed by the children for which he was glad.

Lorin led Eruwen and Soronūmė, and after a short while the children seemed to be getting tired. Imsewwen looked at Eruwen and the horse she was leading at her side. Soronūmė smiled as he knelt to the young elves, "If you desire you may ride my horse Salixrana, until we reach the group again." Nolvennion, Teltarma and Imsewwen's faces lit as they looked to Lorin for approval. Smiling herself as she stopped a litle further on she nodded. Soronūmė lifted Nolvennion and Teltarma up onto the grey steed's back. Imsewwen was looking towards Eruwen. "I'm sure Eruwen would not mind if you were to ride Mķrie Imsewwen. Why not ask the kind lady?" Imsewwen seemed shy, "My lady" asked Soronūmė catching Eruwen's attention as he stood again, "Would you mind if Imsewwen here was to ride Mķrie until we reach the group?" Eruwen nodded and brought Mķrie over to them. Helping Imsewwen up she smiled at Soronūmė.

The pair led their horses and caught up with Lorin. "Thank you" she said. Eruwen and Soronūmė looked back to Mķrie and Salixrana and the three young elves riding them and continued on their journey...

[ December 31, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 12-30-2002, 08:08 PM   #153
Eruwen

Tolkien

The company stopped to rest a short while before they reached the place where the other members of the group were. Lorin and Soronūmė helped the children from the horses then sat down for a while.

Eruwen sat up suddenly from where she had layed down. She looked around at her surroundings, then rushed off through the trees. Soronūmė followed when he noticed her quick dash. It was not far before Eruwen stopped at a certain tree and started to climb. She did not stop until she was sitting at the top looking over the forest of Mirkwood.

Soronūmė came up breathing heavily. "You know," he said. "It really does get tiring you running off all the sudden like this." He looked at Eruwen's face. She was in a still gaze as she peered over the treetops. "Eruwen?" Soronūmė continued. "What's wrong?"

Eruwen turned toward the Elf. "This was the treetop. This was the very spot I had last been at while in Mirkwood---the last place I was before I had to run." She lowered her head.

Soronūmė looked behind them and back at Eruwen. He was not sure what to say. This place had so many sad memories. "Come." he said. "We must get back to Lorin and the children. We will be setting off again soon."

The two Elves climbed down the tree and walked slowly through the forest. The group set off again shortly to meet up with the others.

[ December 31, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 12-31-2002, 05:02 AM   #154
Airerūthiel
Wight

Shield

Airerūthiel stopped suddenly, her pace slowing as she glanced around the woods. "What is it, friend?" asked Elentari, wondering why her new companion suddenly seemed so saddened. "Does something about the world of the Elves unsettle you?"

Airerūthiel shook her head. "It is nothing, only...I have great respect that my mother sacrificed her immortality, and her life in a place of such beauty, to be with the one she loved. I can remember my father's pet name for my mother was Tinśviel, after she of the Elven race that was so beautiful that Beren the son of Men was struck dumb when he first laid eyes on her." She sighed heavily and walked on, speaking softly to Sérė in Rohirric.

Elentari watched slowly as the daughter of two races walked away; she could sense that the lone Ranger's heart was heavy with the history of her mother's people that surrounded her. The Star-queen knew that the Eldar were hospitable and kind people, but she could not help pitying the Gondorian because of who her father was...

~*~*~*~*~

Airerūthiel heard the voices she recognised from the Green Dragon some way ahead. Mounting Sérė, she spoke to her bay stallion and the brown-eyed horse of the borderland of Men obediently trotted forward as quietly as a thief in the night. Up ahead the half-Elf could see two figures, a male Ranger and a female Elf from Mirkwood, and both had a horse with them.

Sérė whinnied and pawed the ground, and Airerūthiel hastily tried to quiet her mount, "Stille nu, faeste..." But it was too late. The two figures with the familiar voices were coming towards her.

~*~*~*~*~

"Do you hear the sound of a horse, Soronūmė?" asked Eruwen, glancing around the area in which the two Elves stood. Soronūmė nodded and glanced in the direction of a tree on the other side of the riverbank. Behind it he saw a dark-cloaked female figure dismount from her stallion and pull her hood over her head in one single fluid movement.

"There is someone there. Stay here with the horses; I shall go and investigate." An ancient tree stood nearby, its highest branch stretching across to just about meet with one of the tree behind which the figure was hiding. The male Elf climbed this as easily as a cat, creeping stealthily towards his goal. As he did so, Eruwen noticed that the figure was beginning to sneak around the front of the tree-trunk, possibly with the intention to head back down the path in the opposite direction.

Suddenly, the branch that Soronūmė was using as a foothold snapped slightly, causing the Elf to lose his footing. Eruwen winced for her friend as he fell to the ground in a sort of graceful way...with a Gondorian daughter of Elves and Men to break his fall.

~*~*~*~*~

THUD!!

"What was that sound?" asked Hreeza to the Elf-witch; Elentari merely shrugged and ran down the path after her friend, the sprite closely following her.

Soon the Rivendell Elf came to the riverbank, where she found a male Elf standing up and dusting himself down, muttering to himself as he cast a look of contempt at Airerūthiel. The Gondorian shook her head as a dog would after a bath and shakily got to her feet.

"Who are you, Ranger, and what are you doing in Mirkwood? This is Elven country; no Men walk in this part of Middle-earth with good reason." The male Elf cast a glance at the female of his kind across the water, who Elentari could see was trying very hard not to laugh despite the sadness she seemed to carry.

"I could ask the same question of you, my friend," replied Airerūthiel angrily, pulling back her hood. "And besides, I do have business here; my mother was a daughter of Mirkwood, and this is the land of my kin."

"Many mistake me for a Ranger, but I am more Elf than you will ever hope to be, daughter of two races." Soronūmė seemed to be ignoring the Elf-maiden's comment. "My name is Soronūmė, and my companion yonder is Eruwen. We are both Elves - do not insult me by calling me Ranger and making the mistake of many like yourself."

A flicker of recognition passed over the maid's face. "Did I not see you in conversation with Elwen in the Green Dragon some time ago? I had the pleasure of speaking with the star-maiden also, and any friend of hers is friend to me. My name is Airerūthiel, and I am the last of the Rocconinquė, a Shield-maiden of Gondor, the daughter of Elves and Men."

"And who, pray, are your friends?" asked Soronūmė, taking in Elentari and Hreeza. "One is of Elven kind, yes, but the other..." Hreeza's eyes flashed impatience at the Elf, a threatening expression and one that encouraged most to tread carefully in what they said to her.

"They are Elentari of Rivendell, and Hreeza," replied Airerūthiel. "And pray, tell me, where are you going? Like myself, you and Eruwen seem to be adventurers."

Old 12-31-2002, 07:12 AM   #155
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"I am more elf than you will ever be daughter of two races." The arrogant young man answered and Hreeza fought the impulse to knock him straight back to the floor. "My name is Soronūmė, and my companion yonder is Eruwen. We are both Elves - do not insult me by calling me Ranger and making the mistake of many like yourself."

"And who, pray, are your friends? One is of Elven kind, yes, but the other..." He was trying to fix Hreeza in his full line of sight, a thing virtually impossible if the sprite decides to make things difficult.

"You do not know what I am, child?" She whispered next to his ear. The elf spun around, shocked, a sword held out in front of him. Airerūthiel spoke behind them, but Soronume's attention was pretty taken up by the sprite in front of him.

"What are you?" he murmered.

"A wind sprite. The sprite of this forest. Do not mock the child of two races, as worthy as any child of Beren and Luthien may have been. I was formed on the breath of the valar." She spoke next to his ear, makinbg him turn again.

"I am sorry." He said quietly. Hreeza sent the image of a nod into his mind, followed by a smile. "Thankyou. I am Hreeza, and pleased to meet you. Come, the half elf asked you a question."
Old 12-31-2002, 09:54 AM   #156
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Turning back to Airerūthiel, Hreeza commented "Come, the half elf asked you a question."

Soronūmė put away his small sword, "Indeed she did Hreeza, though I expect she would rather be called by name than by half elf. I am not one to descriminate against birth" he smiled softly as he continued, "Eruwen here and myself are seeking adventure, we were in the company of Lorin and three young children. It seems we have ventured from our guide a little too far that we have met others in the forest. Lorin was taking us to meet the rest of her own company, travelling to Cirith Ungol I believe." Eruwen nodded as she came closer towards her companion leading Mirle behind her, Salixrana followed.

Elentari seemed pleased with his answer "You are aqquainted with Lorin?" she questionned, "We are her company, in part. We had become split after..."
Hreeza interupted as if Elentari was about to say something she should not. "Come, if you are indeed friends of Lorin you shall follow us back to her, she will be worrying if you two have wandered off."

Eruwen and Soronūmė followed the sprite, half-elf and shieldmaiden back in the direction they had ventured from. Soronūmė turned to Eruwen "It seems your little outbursts of energy have led us to new friends once again Eruwen" he said and the pair began laughing.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:00 PM   #157
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin continued walking for a little while, trying to hurry the group along, it was getting dark and she didn't wasnt to be caught out in the forest at night. She turned to check on how her two new aquaintances were doing to find that they weren't there! again? she thought to herself is there something about me which makes people want to run away?. Imsewwen was walking next to her, Nolvennion and Teltarma were playing about infront.
"Did any of you three see where Eruwen and Soronūmė went?" Lorin asked,
"Oh," Said Imsewwen, yet again being the most innocent she could, "We thought you knew that they'd gone."
"Well it doesn't matter now, where did they go?"
"They ran off a while back." She answered.

Lorin stood for a while, torn between getting back before dark and finding Eruwen and Soronūmė. Did they know their way around the forest? Hopefully Dykoria and Arawil would already have a fire going back at the hut and Zohariel should be alright in their care. Lorin longed for a rest though, it had been a hectic day.

Lorin finally made up her mind to go back and find the other two. Now that she thought about it, they did know their way around, but still, it was hardly courteous to leave them out in the forest when there was a proper camp, hopefully, being set up else where.

Lorin turned and started retracing her steps, she called after the children who followed, though somewhat reluctantly. They walked for a while, chatting a little until they heard voices other than their own. Lorin stopped and listened longer, the voices were jumbled up and not discernable from each other, but then she heard a musical laugh, it couldn't be mistaken,
"Hreeza." She whispered to herself, smiling. Perhaps they could help her in her search for her new-found and new-lost friends.

She sat at the base of a tree, waiting for Hreeza and, well, Elentari she supposed, to catch up. They finally got close enough so that Lorin could hear what they were saying, there were more than two voices there.

A small breeze blew past on an otherwise, windless day,
"Hello Lorin." Lorin jumped five feet in the air,
"Hreeza! Don't do that!" She cried, as the children fell about laughing. As they did, Eruwen, Soronūmė, Elentari and Airerūthiel emerged from the trees. Lorin looked over at them and saw the two she had been looking for immediately,
"I'd been wondering where you two had got to." She said smiling at them both,
"Yes, sorry, that was my fault." Said Eruwen.
"Don't worry, you're not the first to do that," Replyed lorin, lookin first at the children, then at Elentari, "I see you've found Hreeza, Elentari and... somebody else." She said realising for the first time there was a newcomer.
"I am Airerūthiel, pleased to meet you." she said, holding out her hand.
"And I you," Answered Lorin, taking it, "I am Lorin Thoriel, of the Golden Wood, where is your home?"
"I am Gondorian." Replyed Airerūthiel, Lorin raised her eyebrows,
"Really? It's not often one of the race of men strays into Mirkwood."
"I am half elven." Lorin's eyebrows raised even further and her smile widened,
"As am I!" The conversation continued from there as they made their way towards camp, though it was now quite dark.

[ December 31, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 12-31-2002, 05:13 PM   #158
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Hello Lorin."

"Hreeza! Don't do that!"

The sprite grinned mischievously as the children laughed and Lorin smiled slightly as well. She was looking tired and had to air of a person who seemed to have endless bounds of patience, and that someone was trying to find those bounds.

As the elf turned to the others and introductions were made, Hreeza turned her attention to the three children. They could see her, she knew it; even if they werent elves they probably would have been able to. Children had an ability to do this until they stopped believing so much in such things. They were watching her with s sort of wondering curiosity.

"Good day, O children of the blessed race." She said as she blew lightly around them.

"Children of the blessed race?" One said, attempting to raise an eyebrow.

"Indeed, as are all elves, O elfchilder. Now, where do you live?"

"Not telling you." Answered one boldly, jutting out his chin. Hreeza 'looked' at him. "Well, we like it with you." he muttered, then pointed a small finger at Lorin. "Shes nice. She doesnt tell us what to do."

Hreeza sighed and blew a few leaves around distractedly, laying them in colour order in front of the children. Children could be so very difficult. Ah well...

"Have you told Lorin?"

"Nope. She was distracted. Said something about another woman. Zohazel or something."

Zohariel! Hreeza looked around wildly. The necromancer was nowhere to be seen. Really not in the mood for this... Hreeza thought, as she went towards the main group...
Old 12-31-2002, 05:43 PM   #159
Eruwen

Tolkien

The group, now rejoined together, had all sat down at the camp. The children were lying down falling to sleep one by one while the others talked quietly around a warm fire. Eruwen sat staring into the midst of the hot, red flames thinking of her past. Many times had she recalled all of the memories left in this wood, but they were coming back even stronger now.

She looked up at the sky as stars shone brightly through the tops of the trees. The voices of the company drowned out with only the sound of a crackling fire coming to her ears. Eruwen listened as the wind blew slightly moving the leaves all around. This place was so peaceful---just like she remebered it. Eruwen's thoughts were soon lost when she saw Lorin come up beside her.

"Mind if I join you?" Lorin said. Eruwen nodded as Lorin took her seat.

"I--I'm sorry if I worried you earlier."Eruwen commented to her new friend. "Soronūmė and I had a run-in, or fall-in if you will, with some members of your group." Eruwen looked over at Soronūmė who seemed to have overheard her words. He smiled a sort of half-laughing way and returned his attention to the rest of the group.

"Quite fine." replid Lorin smiling. "I'm somewhat used to people running off on the journey. The children did the same not too long ago."

The two laughed and continued their conversation later on into the night. The area where the group camped seemed to have its own effect of homeliness on everyone. It gave it a feeling of comfort which Eruwen was very thankful for after their long journey. She knew, though, that it was not quite over yet. There was still much more to come into play before she could really be at home.

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-01-2003, 05:16 AM   #160
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin and Eruwen soon found themselves one of the last few up,
"Well, I for one am worn out, I'm going to sleep." stated Lorin,
"I think I'll join you." Said Eruwen. Eruwen went to set up some kind of bed next to Soronūmė and Lorin went to tuck in the children. She wrapped each one in a blanket, tucking it in around them, then she got up, ready for a rest of her own. Before I go I should really check on Zohariel she thought.

She made her way over to where Zohariel last lay, but all she found was compressed grass, she felt the ground, it was no longer warm, not to worry, perhaps someone had moved her. Lorin checked everywhere and even ventured into the forest a little way, but she was still nowhere to be found.
"Where is she?"

"Lorin,"
"Yes Hreeza?" She didn't jump this time, she was far too tired to, "Do you know where Zohariel has got to?" she asked.
"That's what I came to tell you, I've found her a little way into the forest, she's unconcious." Lorin was almost disbelieving, after all that had happened today, Zohariel had to finish it off with making everything worse. She very nearly lost her temper, but instead she resolved to go and get her.

"How far away is she?"
"Just a short breeze away."
"What about walking?"
"About ten minutes."
"I'll take Brilthonien then." Lorin woke her horse, she didn't want to, but there was no way she could carry Zohariel back. She mounted and trotted off, following the signs of Hreeza as she wafted through the trees. They stopped and came to the spot where she lay, face down on the ground. It was difficult to tell how long she had lay there.

Lorin gently lifted her up and lay her on Brilthonien. They walked back, Brilthonien trying to make the journey as smooth for Zohariel as possible. They emmerged back out of the forest, into camp, the fire was still lit and blazing away but no one else was up.

Lorin lay Zohariel next to the fire on a spare blanket,well, it was really Lorin's blanket, but the way this night was going it didn't seem that she would be needing it.