Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2003, 12:28 PM   #201
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Khasia had sat sullenly beside Chani's tree. Long hours crept by while the Painted Sand girl taunted her. Khasia didn't move, didn't speak, just silently turned the dagger over in her hand. She was so angry she could not. Jasara wanted to keep her weak, keep her powerless. Jasara wanted to keep her out of the action and away from any who might someday follow her. She was as powerless here as she had been with the old.

"Don't you even hear me?" came Chani's voice from above her. "Do you have no pride in your people?" Khasia rose, eyes blazing. It was more than she could handle, being insulted by this prisoner, this girl tied to a tree. Moving quickly she thrust the dagger into the tree trunk only a few inches from Chani's face.

"My people have never given me what I wanted. My people will never give me what I want." Chani's eyes were fixed on the dagger quivering in the wood beside her cheek. "I bear little loyalty to my sister today, and you would be wise to remember it." She pulled the dagger back out of the wood and returned to her seat at the foot of the tree. For a time, Chani was silent.
------------------------------------

Pio, could you paste this in before Aylwen's post where she returns with the Painted Sand youth? Thanks much.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 07-13-2003, 01:45 PM   #202
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The post is placed [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Everyone - please remember when you want a post placed to tell me the date and time of the post you want it placed before or after and the name of the writer of that post.

Makes it easier - so I don't have to read through a post and decide if that's the one you meant.
Old 07-13-2003, 08:49 PM   #203
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Quote:
So Thorgom didn't spot Sammael and Damodred at the inn then, Helka...? I don't suppose it really matters, they could have missed each other. But just to clarify- when did we set up our tents? It seems like we walked to the village, did the sacrifice...and now we have to set them up! Or did someone mention it and I didn't notice?
hehe Ghurdan's in the inn too! I Have only posted that he went to the inn, but he would likely be sat in some dark corner [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lyra Ghurdan sent Zasfal back with the crew to set up the camp [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Pio thanks for moving my posts, yes they are in the right place [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 13, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 07-13-2003, 09:07 PM   #204
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Does anyone need to do another post during this daytime on the game - or would it be alright if I moved it to night time?

I can leave a couple of SAVES and people can put their posts on the Discussion Thread if they need to post something.

No problem if everyone needs it to stay day - Jamílah can wait. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2003, 09:59 PM   #205
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't think the young need a post for during the day, unless Ealasaid as Chani or Sophia want to post.

-Aylwen

EDIT: Awww, Pio! There goes my army of young! Revenge will be sweet, the Eye says so! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 17, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 07-15-2003, 10:47 AM   #206
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Aylwen, took me a little longer than I promised, but our revenge has been enacted. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]:

Sorry, Pio, I will make sure that I tell you the date the next time.

Aylwen, Ealasaid- what on earth have we done with Chani during these last few posts? Pio's gang didn't rescue her, I didn't think, but I didn't know what to do about her so I just ignored her existence in my post.

Sophia

happy 1500 to me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:17 AM   #207
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sorry! I have been away from the computer for a couple of days. I meant to have Ahmad & some of the Painted Sand men go to the Young Ones camp during the day. Is it too late now? Should I edit my last post & move on??
Old 07-15-2003, 11:26 AM   #208
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Ealasaid

If you decide to follow up on your previous post - you can write one that I can insert somewhere, saying you were able, or not, to find Chani and retrieve her.

I do think someone from the Painted Sand should find the bodies of the dead children and bring report back to the camp of it.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:08 PM   #209
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Yes, I would like to use one of those saves to follow up on my last post. Since there is no mention of Chani in the night raids, they can rescue her in the afternoon.
Thanks! I have the post mostly written & hope to get it to you shortly.
I will also try to write another one in reference to finding the bodies of the children.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:06 PM   #210
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Sophia & Aylwen: I just sent my post to Pio in which Ahmad rescues Chani from the convert camp.
Sophia: I had Khasia cut out Chani's tongue. I hope that works for you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 02:26 PM   #211
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Well Durelin! This game is dripping blood all over the place! Even the good guys are bloodthirsty! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #212
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Sophia (Concerning Chani) - I wasn't sure about her whereabouts after Pio's invasion either, but Eala has taken care of it. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Eala - Thank you for not invading the camp like Pio did during your last post. It would have made confusion in counting our dead. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Everyone - Excellent posts!

-Aylwen
Old 07-15-2003, 02:56 PM   #213
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Aylwen

About how many youngsters are you thinking your contingent has in it - ball park figure.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:13 PM   #214
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Lets see...

In the invasion, we lost a total of eight good fighters to stranglement and throat slitting. Not to mention all the children that were rescued.

Jasara, Khasia, Nasir, Najah, and Uri killed nine children who were worthless to them and carried them away.

So, most of the young left probably range in the ages from 14/15-25, as most of the youngest have been, shall we say, 'disposed of'. I suppose the group of rebel young have about 30-40 left, and most of them are at least semi-competent fighters.

-Aylwen

[ July 15, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 07-16-2003, 04:36 AM   #215
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Quote:
Well Durelin! This game is dripping blood all over the place! Even the good guys are bloodthirsty!
Good guys?
Old 07-16-2003, 09:05 AM   #216
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Ealasaid- Nice post! Khasia was thinking about cutting out Chani's tongue anyway. I didn't want to maim your character without your permission.

Yikes guys, this game is getting really nasty... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2003, 10:28 AM   #217
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Can the army of the Eye hold off actually reaching the Tribe until the Painted Sands and the Baobab get something worked out.

You are of course free to trudge endlessly closer to us . . . [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks
Old 07-17-2003, 12:39 PM   #218
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Pio could you put this in the first save place please, it's at night.
Quote:
“Anyone care to lose a little money?” Sammael called in the middle of the camp. He wanted to forget what he couldn’t prevent; the image of a faceless girl screaming in terror kept appearing in his mind. He waved his cards at a member of Ghurdan’s crew who glanced his way, then again at Zasfal. Both looked uncertain.

“Come on” Sammael called again impatiently. “I’ll play with my eyes shut if it’ll make you feel better!”
“No need for that” answered a tall man, another of the acrobats. He was broad as well as tall, slow moving and slow speaking.

Sammael grinned widely at the thought of easy money. Quickly he lit a torch and put it into the ground, then sat cross legged on the floor and began to deal. Calmly his opponent sat himself down. They played a hand, and Sammael won easily. The man paid, showing no signs of ill-will, then gestured Sammael to deal again.

“Deal for three” Zasfal said from behind Sammael, then sat between the other two men. Sammael grinned wolfishly at him and did as he was bade. This hand was harder fought- the crewman had good cards, and Zasfal was a sneaky player with some talent. Sammael won, but the next went to Zasfal. During the fifth game, Zasfal smiled maliciously.

“I didn’t see you when the Priestess performed the sacrifice” he said with a sideways look.
Sammael ignored him.
“I would have thought that someone as dedicated as you would have been watching keenly” Zasfal added with feigned nonchalance.
Sammael shrugged, but the visions of a girl screaming were back.
“Why don’t you tell him about it Arun?” Zasfal asked the crewman.

The monosyllabic man looked surprisingly eager, and began to recite had happened in great detail- the strike of the knife, the site of the blood as it dripped slowly to the ground, the convulsions of the dying body, the look on the girl’s face from the first realisation what was happening to the pallor of death.

Sickened, Sammael lurched to his feet and vomited. Zasfal snorted, then began to laugh. He was soon joined by the other man. Anger coursed through Sammael.
What kind of a man will watch as a woman is killed? he thought with disgust, eying the two men still seated on the ground. Slowly he drew his belt knife and walked towards the crewman Arun. He jumped to his feet, drawing his own knife, but his shoulders were still shaking from laughter. His glance told Sammael that he expected a weak opponent, one who would not kill- one that would show mercy.

Without warning he lunged and caught the other man off guard. He withdrew, then lunged a second time, knocking the man’s knife from his hand. Finally Sammael looked into the man’s eyes and slowly drew his knife across his throat. With satisfaction he watched the body fall, and life leave the man’s face. He looked around. Zasfal had run, that was not surprising. Maybe one day it would be his turn, but not now. Feeling much better Sammael cleaned his knife on the fallen man’s sleeve and walked away to his tent.
So, if anyone fancies punishing Sammael, that's fine. His defence would be that they got in a fight, he won, what's the big deal? Or if revenge is better then like I said, Nerindel, you could kill/ attack Damodred.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-17-2003, 01:24 PM   #219
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Thanks, Sophia! I'm glad we were thinking in the same direction. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
Khasia was thinking about cutting out Chani's tongue anyway. I didn't want to maim your character without your permission.
Thanks for your consideration! I could tell Khasia was really spoiling to do something to shut her up.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:46 PM   #220
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Lyra

To make your post fit in time wise, I placed it on one of my night-time posts:

07/14 4:50 a.m..
Old 07-17-2003, 06:22 PM   #221
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Berate me if I'm wrong, Lyra, but I think I have toh to you guys! I haven't been here in waaaay too long!! Argh! Beat me with sticks, please! Or use the knife...

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Anyway, I am really sorry that I haven't been here and been posting. We'll reach the tribe in three days (gametime), how is that?

Pio - Sorry to bother you, but I need this post put at the end of Arien's post: July 12, 2003 09:53 AM

Quote:
"What do you want, Sevora."

Such indignation, incompetence from the girl. She demanded, questioned, insulted like a child. Why, how, was she still a part of the Order, considered a greater follower? Only one last thing would proove that the girl lacked practically everything to make her one worthy of her position. How did she handle punishment, punishment that is obviuosly overdue. A spoiled brat, that was what she was, or at least what she showed of herself. There was always room for improvement...

Sevora's lips curled into a smile once more, a smile mocking warmness. Her eyes burned with excitement and actual happiness. "Please, Dristi, sit." She motioned to a wooden stool in the center of the small room, empty except for a bed and washstand. Dristi took the seat, showing no sign of fear, no cautiousness. Not bad, Sevora thought. So far...

Rahvin stepped out from the shadows in the corner, making no sound. He raised up the end of a rope, looped and knotted. He handed it to Sevora over Dristi, who still sat defiantly on the stool. Not bad… All in a second Sevora slipped it around Dristi's neck and tightened it. Another second passed, and the other end of the rope was over the beam in the rafters of the room, the priestess pulling at it.

As Dristi was lifted further and further into the air with each creak of the beam, Sevora began to giggle. She had picked this room accordingly, throwing out its residents. Her giggles cut off sharply, ending as if they had never emerged from her mouth. Her voice was still thick with satisfaction, and what was most likely glee. "You will feel what it is like to die, or feel that you should be dead, and you will be marked for your shame."

Sevora smiled up at Dristi, who had not thrashed one bit. It drained a bit from Sevora's contentment, but as she watched the woman's eyes roll into the back of her head…Sevora felt much fulfilled. She pulled out her belt knife, giggling again, and began slowly sawing at the rope, taking as much time as she felt she could without killing her…though of course she would not have many regrets if she had miscalculated. Finally she cut through the rope entirely, and let Dristi fall to the floor with a thud.

A second passed where Sevora's heart leaped, and she couldn't stop herself from grinning broader, mischievously. Was she dead? But then Dristi began gasping for breath, sitting up and clutching her throat. Sevora let out a sigh and swooped down to cut the noose from around Dristi's neck. Remaining crouched before the woman, Sevora ran her finger along the puffy red line around the girl's neck, smiling once more. "That will stay with you, Dristi, for a very long time. As long as the memories, I hope."
Thanks! Now I will go try and move us along...

Oh, and I want to congratulate Tinuviel for a steller performance as a sacrafice victim! *claps* I'm a little late, but...*trails off into incoherent muttering*
Old 07-17-2003, 06:28 PM   #222
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

I'll place your post as per request - but later.

3 days game time would be great - the tribes (Ealasiad and I) are working out a joint plan that will fit in with the game needs, since realistically, what they would have done is ridden in on the young one's camp and annihilated them in a joint venture.

~~ Pio
Old 07-17-2003, 06:56 PM   #223
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Well, thank you Durelin. I rather enjoyed writing it (no idea why...). And if you have toh to us, how in ME are we supposed to be able to switch you like they did to Egwene?

I'm still following the game and I must say that I think you people are very good at being evil.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:33 AM   #224
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

So Durelin, how did you work out that you have toh? You did what- lied/cheated/stole...? I suppose I should expect such ignorance from a treekiller! Where do you stand on the issue Tinuviel? Answer carefully (and by PM I guess [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).

What will we be doing for three days then, just walking slowly as suggested?
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-18-2003, 02:33 PM   #225
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
Berate me if I'm wrong, Lyra, but I think I have toh to you guys! I haven't been here in waaaay too long!! Argh! Beat me with sticks, please! Or use the knife...
You mean I can actualy? Really? Honestly? Oh my god, I have been waiting for this all my life. Smash, kill, beat, stab.

So, when will we be heading out for the painted sands camp? In realtime days of course.

Abedithon le
Old 07-18-2003, 05:36 PM   #226
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Helka, you're certainly NOT aiel, therefore no beating with sticks. And did you have to make Sammael sound pathetically wimpy? He could at least have put up a bit of a fight.
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-18-2003, 09:39 PM   #227
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Is the Army of the Eye still in Budur? If so, I'd like to make a post that deals with the familial aftermath of the sacrifice. If that's not okay, I will delete this post and you can all forget I made it.

I'll have to forget about this idea, I just don't have the time for it, sorry.

[ July 21, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 07-18-2003, 10:32 PM   #228
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Tinuviel

As far as I can see from the game (I just reread the last page) the army is still at the village.

Go ahead and get your post on board - even if they move the army out tomorrow real time, you can put your post on the discussion thread and ask me to put it into one of the SAVES I've made.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:24 AM   #229
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Ok everyone I am currently writing a post that will take us (Warriors) into the next morning, it will deal with Lyra's character Sammael and his murder of one of Ghurdans crew [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I should have it up some time tonight, But Lyra If you wish to continue I will give you a rough out line, one of the crew has went and informed Ghurdan of all that has happened, Ghurdan then goes to Sevora to seek permission to deal with the murderer himself, which she grants, with the condition that he is not killed and that Rahvin is to aid him. so the next morning Ghurdan and four of his crew will assualt Sammaels tent the four crew will restrain Dammodred while Ghurdan deals with Sammael, don't worry I will make sure he puts up a good fight [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] His hands will be bound his weapons and shirt removed and he will be tied to the back of the wagon, where he will discover that Zasfal has received the same punishment from Rahvin. ok ?

Pio could you please save one of the saved spots for me and I will send my post to you when it is complete [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Nerindel~
Old 07-19-2003, 06:14 AM   #230
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Lyra: I'll see what I can do.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:40 AM   #231
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nerindel

I've saved a spot for you.
Old 07-19-2003, 04:20 PM   #232
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Wow this evilness is starting to get slightly scary. Everytime I read about Chani I feel sick...

Anyway, about the punishment Nerindel- if you want to get back at Essenia too for failing in the village, you could make her look after Zasfal and Sammael. She would HATE that. If you think this is a good idea, tell me and I'll post it. Or you can set it up if you want.

Thanks for the edit Helka. And for the pladge of allegiance. Will we have infighting before the end? That would be a lot of fun, but would it be too complicated?

[ July 19, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-21-2003, 03:21 PM   #233
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Sophia - Your PM box is full. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Could you pretty please make a post about the young packing up and leaving (since Rijal saw the scouts) and heading for the Army of the Eye? You could have Jasara and/or Khasia make a big speech about how the Eye was coming and whatnot. We need to hurry before Pio and her army of old people attack! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Aylwen

[ July 21, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 07-21-2003, 05:38 PM   #234
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Definitely, Aylwen. My PM box is clear now. I should have it up sometime tonight. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sophia
Old 07-21-2003, 06:54 PM   #235
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Lyra
Yes I like your Idea about Essenia, and I would like to see how she would deal with Thorgom [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Helka

I have just reread your post(Very funny by the way [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) But I just want to point out that neither Sammael or Zasfal are on the cart, they are being dragged behind it, you may wish to reflect this in your post [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 07-22-2003, 05:24 AM   #236
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Infighting? What on earth is that? If it is complicated, it sure sounds interesting. But ehm, no girl messes with Thorgom. He'll wack her of the cart sooner than you can say: Auch! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Just a hint.

Abedithon le
Old 07-22-2003, 12:26 PM   #237
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Pio, could you put this in one of the later SAVE spots please? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thanks much, and sorry it's a little late.

Quote:
Khasia heard Jasara’s cry from across the camp. Pushing her sweat-soaked braids out of her face she wrenched her spear from the target it had recently lodged in. She crossed the camp quickly, finding her sister with a look of near panic on her face. “Jasara?”

“Go tell Uri that there is an army of the Eye coming near here. When it is close enough we will meet up with them. We will crush the elders." Jasara’s words were hurried, and Khasia couldn’t readily identify her expression. Her tone though was confident, and obediently Khasia ran across the camp to where the Painted Sand youth had set up their sleeping spots.

Several minutes later, she and Uri left the Painted Sand area, Khasia set out around the edge of the camp, her bare feet sending clouds of dust billowing behind her. She could see Uri running the other direction, toward where Nasir’s group were practicing with the longsword. As she ran, Khasia barked orders to the children she passed. “Go to Jasara! Pack your things and gather at the stream! Go! Now!”

A group of the young formed around the place where Jasara stood. As Khasia reached the place where her own things were, she dropped to her knees and began stuffing things haphazardly into her large carrying basket. Jasara’s words were beginning to reach her, she was beginning to think about their implications. The army of the Eye. She shuddered, thinking about Jasara’s face, Jasara’s confidence, confidence she didn’t always share. But this army… Khasia tightened her lips. There might be opportunity there, for the ambitious. Ambition was one thing Khasia had in quantity. Slinging the basket over her shoulder, Khasia made her way over to the stream where Jasara was beginning to speak.

“For too long the old have held us captive. For too long we have lived in fear of them and their revenge. We need fear them no longer!” The confidence in Jasara’s voice was unmistakable, but the crowd of children stirred uncertainly. “An army draws near.” She called, over the voices of the muttering youth. “An army that will side with us, an army that will protect us! We will go to them as soon as Najah has returned. Gather your things, we will move soon!”

The group dissolved, nearly silently. The murmurings of the children followed them across the grounds. None of them entirely trusted whatever voice led Jasara, but all were confident of her leadership skills. Khasia surveyed the camp, watched the young pack the remainder of their things, kick sand over the fires. “What is in this for us, Jasara? Why are we giving ourselves over to them?” Khasia spoke under her breath so those that followered wouldn’t hear her doubt. Jasara’s face grew still, as though she listened.

“Great glory, sister.” She answered, the glint in her eye brightening. Khasia smiled.

The running form of Rijal jerked Khasia out of her musings on power. “Najah is coming!” he cried. “They are here!” Jasara and Khasia exchanged glances, and Khasia moved out around the camp, whispering to the leaders, nudging along the slow. Shortly all traces of a camp had vanished, only a trail of footprints in the dust pointed to where the young had gone.
Aylwen- I wrote quite a lot for Jasara, so if any of it needs changing, let me know. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sophia
Old 07-22-2003, 12:55 PM   #238
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Sophia Your post is placed.

Convert Youngsters:

Your posts should now start moving you toward the Army and making contact. The combined Tribes warriors will pursue you - so be careful to leave very few clues of where you are bound.

Army:

Please note when the young converts have made contact with you - you will want to take them (at least Jasara and Khasia) to the Priestess - as they will have info about the tribes from which they have fled.

This of course can happen over the space of a number of Game Days, giving the soldiers in the Eye Army the opportunity for any conniving and infighting they'd like to do.

Once the Priestess has pumped all the info she can from them and see how she can use them, then the forces of the Eye and those of the Tribesmen can meet on the field of battle.

How does this all sound as a general plan of action?
Old 07-22-2003, 01:02 PM   #239
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Quote:
no girl messes with Thorgom. He'll wack her of the cart sooner than you can say
Are you talking about Essenia? She wasn't planning to do anything like that...

Infighting is fighting between people who are supposed to be allies.

Well, I've been having lots of internet problems, but I will write posts for both Sammael and Essenia tonight and post tomorrow.
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-22-2003, 03:10 PM   #240
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Sophia - Good post! No problems there. I'll hopefully post soon.

Durelin - Is there a certain time (real time and game time) that you prefer the young to meet with the army? How would you like the confrontation to play out? Jasara meet with Sevora or all the leaders (Jasara, Nasir, Najah, Uri and Khasia) of the young meet with the priests/priestesses? Just let me know so I don't do anything completely wrong.

Pio -
Quote:
Having said that - better get out your hankies for the end of the game!
Oh...that doesn't sound good. Well, it might for Jasara...but you know Jamilah has a fan club now! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Aylwen