The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2003, 04:13 PM   #1441
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

you print off lots of pictures and bore all of your teachers to death: 'this is aragorn's crown- i don't think it looks right, i mean, it was clearly described i nthe book- what do you think?' 'umm...'

-you get very mad when anyone from LOTR is parodied on TV- that happened today and he didn't even sound like Gandalf, that was the ridiculous thing!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:34 PM   #1442
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Amarantha, have you been spying on me?
Tee hee! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Who knows? Maybe it was *you* who was spying on *me* [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] It would have been so cool if we were at the same party! Ah... if only...

Quote:
If I ever get it finished, you'll have to read my fanfic on Eol and Aredhel. I love that story too!
Cool! I'd love to! Let me know when it's done! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Oooooo! I saw a girl in school today who was wearing the Evenstar! *squee* And she was wearing this very Elven shirt that I'm pretty sure she sewed herself! I wish I could have talked to her, but it was in between classes, and I only saw her pass by in the hall... I don't know who she was...

Argh! The most horrible thing happened, though! When she passed through the hall, some stupid guy yelled after her "Halloween is over, you know!" because of her shirt! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It was so mean... I liked her shirt... Some people are just plain rude [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Wheee! Changed my avatar! I love my new one! *huggles avatar*

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: Amarantha_Daisy ]
Old 11-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #1443
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

~When you hear Elfwine talking to someone else in the hall between classes and you hear her say thwords LotR, you immediately turn around and say "What??" She says "Oh no! She's heard LotR!" You all laugh, including the girl she was talking to in the first place. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
It would have been so cool if we were at the same party!
I know! Imagine if we've all at one time or another stood right near a fellow 'Downie and not known it! If any of you ever run in to me, I'm the girl with very curly hair and LotR stuff written on her shoes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
some stupid guy yelled after her
Curse him!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] *sends Nazgul to get that guy and also sics Herman the purple monkey on him*

~When you and your brother have gotten every member of your immediate family (our parents) to read LotR. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My mom finished it a couple of months ago and my dad is partway through TTT [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 02:01 PM   #1444
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
some stupid guy yelled after her
Gr. Stupid spawn of Morgoth. People that stupid don't deserve to be on the planet. Or the deserve to get ignored. Man, I hope we get that Elvish commune going soon! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

**When you plan to dress up for the release of the Towers EV, and the release of the RotK soundtrack. My friends and I are going to. Hopefully, we'll freak out everyone in our ASL and creative writing classes... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Yay, new avatar! ^ ^

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-04-2003, 05:08 PM   #1445
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
Oops! I didn't mean to insult fellow BDers, I was only referring to the 'stupid fat fresshmenses in my theater class. If you're a freshmen here, I say, "Nice fressshmensss!"
OK, I'll forgive you. This time... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
Tee hee! Who knows? Maybe it was *you* who was spying on *me* It would have been so cool if we were at the same party! Ah... if only...
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
some stupid guy yelled after her "Halloween is over, you know!" because of her shirt!
Orc-Spawn! Vile fiend of Morgoth!
She should have sang "These wounds they will not heal!" very loudly. Scares people, it does, yesss, precioussss... Or she could just say "Bado orch echado meleth" or some such thing. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
If any of you ever run in to me, I'm the girl with very curly hair and LotR stuff written on her shoes
I'm a girl with brown hair that occasionally looks a bit like Aragorn's when I haven't washed it in a while parted on the side, glasses, and I am almost always wearing a celtic knot necklace. On December 17, I am planning to wear my elven dress to school, along with bandaid ears. If you think you see me, yell "Wave squid at Boromir the Disco King!"

I love your new avatars, Sapphire_Flame and Amarantha_Daisy! Very cute, both of them!

~ When you scare your whole typing class by squealing loudly while looking at pics from RotK. (EEEEEEEEEE!!! SHELOB!!! MINAS TIRITH!!! THE WITCHKING!!! ANDURIL!!! EEEEEEEEEE!!!)

~When for your monologue in drama class you are doing Galadriel's bit at the beginning of FotR. (I already have it memorized anyway!)

~When you start singing on the bus "you are lost, you can never go home" and it makes you cry.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #1446
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

~When you're at Wal-mart back in the Electronics department and stop dead in your tracks when you see a preview for FOTR playing on a tv. Then you have to stand there glued to to tv until the nice, long preview is over, even though you of course have seen the movie itself numerous times, and are dying of curiousity to know why in ME they were showing a preview for FOTR. It turned out they were playing a dvd from a couple of years ago so it had a preview about FOTR being in theatres. It was such a cool preview, too!!! I unfortunately wasn't a LotR fan until FOTR had just come out on dvd [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] So I didn't have the privilage of seeing the previews before.
~When you are dreadfully sad that you weren't a fan early enough to get to see FotR in theatres, and they won't be showing Trilogy Tuesday in a theatre near enough for you to go, so you feel as if you've missed something really, really good. Which of course I did.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:38 PM   #1447
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Silmaril

Quote:
I know! Imagine if we've all at one time or another stood right near a fellow 'Downie and not known it!
That would be great! ...In a tragic "Why-didn't-I-know-it?" kind of way...

Quote:
If any of you ever run in to me, I'm the girl with very curly hair and LotR stuff written on her shoes
--------------------------------------------
I'm a girl with brown hair that occasionally looks a bit like Aragorn's
I'm the girl with short brown hair like a hobbit's and glasses *which may be gone soon...* who always wears the One Ring and who has a very...eclectic fashion sense.

Quote:
I unfortunately wasn't a LotR fan until FOTR had just come out on dvd So I didn't have the privilage of seeing the previews before.
Awww... me, too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I hate being a late fan! I missed out on so much... *sniffle*

Quote:
Yay, new avatar! ^ ^
*squee* I love it, Sapphire_Flame!

*gets on soapbox/rantbox*
Argh... I had a...discussion with my friend today about literature...heh heh. See, she's an obsessive Anne Rice fan, and I (of course) am an obsessive Tolkien fan... We were arguing over who's better: Frodo or Lestat... She locked me out of my house, trying to make me say Lestat was better, but I didn't give in! I just whined and whined until she let me back in... heh heh [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

But that wasn't fair! She said Anne Rice is a better author than Tolkien, and she hasn't even read LotR! I have the right to argue because I'm reading The Vampire Lestat, but she has nothing to base her argument on! Argh! Okay...I'll get off my soapbox now...

*gets off soapbox/rantbox*
Old 11-05-2003, 07:36 AM   #1448
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

*Bangs head on computerscreen* ARGH!!! I had so many ideas for this thread, but I dont remember them anymore! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
Gr. Stupid spawn of Morgoth. People that stupid don't deserve to be on the planet. Or the deserve to get ignored. Man, I hope we get that Elvish commune going soon!
Do you have the link to the thread? Or do you at least know the name, so I can search for it??? It drives me crazy that I can't read it!

~When you dream about living in a Elvish community what all you guys (and girls! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])!

Quote:
some stupid guy yelled after her "Halloween is over, you know!" because of her shirt!
What a Nazgul! How stupid can you get?

~ When someone ****es you of by talking bad about LOTR. He knew it! (I think I told him to kiss and/or make love to half of Sarumans army...)

I'll be back!

NaNa!

Aethelwine.

P.S. Does anybody know the name of that thread?

~ When you keep on begging for the name of a certain thread... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 09:01 AM   #1449
andreadawn
Pile O'Bones

andreadawn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when...I was walking uo Broadway the other day and I happened to glance up at one of those revolving newsstrips. As I looked up I saw the word "took" but read it as "Took"-thinking that there might be some news about LOTR I got a quick shudder,but just as quickly I realized my mistake. Oh well, back to real life again.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:57 AM   #1450
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What's a freshman????

I tend to stop dead in the cloisters when I see/hear anything to do with LOTR....I was late for maths once (well I was going to be late anyway actually) because I stopped and read an entire science project that was on display...it was about technological advances and stuff, so this person did the special effects in LOTR as a case study!!!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 12:29 PM   #1451
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
*squee* I love it, Sapphire_Flame!
Thankies! ^ ^

~When you contemplate chucking an exacto-knife at a kid in your art class because he said, "Lord of the Rings is the stupidest movie I've ever seen" and "Anyone who says Lord of the Rings is better than Star Wars should get punched in the face."

grrrrrr..... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-05-2003, 02:44 PM   #1452
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Elentari, a freshman (stupid and fat or nice) is a first-year in American high schools and/or universities (though I was referring to high school). Sophomore is second year, junior third year, and senior fourth year. Hope that answers your question.

I had stuff to post, but I need to get off the computer and go find OniGene so that he doesn't think I fell of the planet. (that could be an interesting experience though...)
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:37 PM   #1453
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When you think the sentence in your wellness book that says "some stores sell stylish exercise clothes" says "some stores sell elvish exercise clothes"...
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 06:47 PM   #1454
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
I unfortunately wasn't a LotR fan until FOTR had just come out on dvd So I didn't have the privilage of seeing the previews before.
---------------------------------------------
Awww... me, too. I hate being a late fan! I missed out on so much... *sniffle*
Yes, it is sad. I was a fan, but I couldn't convince my parents to let me see it in theatres, because they didn't think it would be good. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Quote:
But that wasn't fair! She said Anne Rice is a better author than Tolkien, and she hasn't even read LotR! I have the right to argue because I'm reading The Vampire Lestat, but she has nothing to base her argument on!
I can't stand when people do that! It is not fair at all.

Quote:
Do you have the link to the thread? Or do you at least know the name, so I can search for it??? It drives me crazy that I can't read it!
I think it was just discussed a little on the other 'You know you're obsessed when...' threads. I don't know of anywhere else it was mentioned.

Quote:
When you think the sentence in your wellness book that says "some stores sell stylish exercise clothes" says "some stores sell elvish exercise clothes"...
Don't we all wish... *sigh*

~ When you carry an Eye of Sauron marble with you everywhere. (No, it wasn't called that, it was called a 'striped marble' but it is orange and half of it has no stripes except for one down the middle, so I call it an Eye of Sauron marble.)
Old 11-05-2003, 10:13 PM   #1455
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Quote:
~When you start singing on the bus "you are lost, you can never go home" and it makes you cry.
I have the sheet music to that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww... me, too. I hate being a late fan! I missed out on so much... *sniffle*
I know! I'm sort of ashamed that Ididn't even like LotR untill after seeing FotR in theaters. I really became a fan by the time I was part way through reading it.
Quote:
quote:
But that wasn't fair! She said Anne Rice is a better author than Tolkien, and she hasn't even read LotR! I have the right to argue because I'm reading The Vampire Lestat, but she has nothing to base her argument on!

I can't stand when people do that! It is not fair at all.
I know two girls who haven't even finished LotR who say it's a bad book. One of them is nice, so I'm trying to convert her into a LotR fan, but I think the other one is a lost cause (she's a total HP obsessee- and to think that she was one of my best friends)

~When you have discussions with your brother about whether there is gravity in the Void
Quote:
*Bangs head on computerscreen* ARGH!!! I had so many ideas for this thread, but I dont remember them anymore! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
That just happened to me! grrrrrrrr...

Edit: I remembered!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
~When your French pronunciation has become rather messed up because you keep trying to pronounce things like in Quenya

~When you are constantly on the lookout for elvish /celtic knot jewelery- where do you people get it?

~When talking to yourself, you refer to yourself as Oromin rather than your real name

[ November 05, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Edit again:
~When you try to blow smoke rings because it's cold enough to see your breath outside, but it doesn't work (I just tried [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

[ November 05, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 11-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #1456
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Earlier today, in math class, I was graphing 1/x²+1, and the guy next to me remarked that it looked like a speed bump, to which I replied that it was a speed bump. Then he said it was the speed bump of doom, so I said 'The one speed bump to rule them all!', and we both laughed quite a bit, especially when we thought of the mental images (I mean, come on, Frodo carrying a concrete speed bump? Or trying to fit the speed bump on the Council table? I guessed that it would crush half of the Council. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Or Isildur trying to cut a speed bump off of Sauron's hand.) Eventually, the guy next to me remarked that you couln't get much more of an unwieldy item, and then we came up with the idea of a solid gold anvil. No one is gonna steal that! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I eventually remarked 'No we know what the Fellowship was for.' Yeah, I was bored and it was the second math class in a row, and ROTK was sitting on my desk, so can you blame me?
Old 11-06-2003, 01:09 PM   #1457
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Miriel Undomiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Miriel Undomiel
Tolkien

Hi hi!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm so happy!! Yesterday I got a dog!!!! YAY!!!! She's so beautiful... I wanted to call her Luthien, but no one in the family could pronounce it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] So we landed on Lucy. Close enough, so I'm happy!!

My life is very good theese days, because I JUST GOT TICKETS TO THE RETURN OF THE KING ON SEPTEMBER 17TH!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

But I don't get all this fuss about HP being as bad as SARS... I LIKE the books, but ofcourse I LOVE LotR!!! So don't get me wrong... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] HP can't be compared with LotR......

Namarié
Old 11-06-2003, 01:19 PM   #1458
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Miriel Undomiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Miriel Undomiel
Sting

You know you're obsessed with LotR when....

~in math class you read 'Ringenes Herre' (means LotR) but it said 'pengene hadde' (means the money had...)
I jumped, and the girl next to me looked really weird at me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Weird looks are cool!!!!

~I also read Gollum in my notebook, but I was SO wrong about that one [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Namarié

[ November 09, 2003: Message edited by: Miriel Undomiel ]
Old 11-06-2003, 02:07 PM   #1459
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I read things wrong all the time.

~Silmutaneous equations
~Namarie instead of name's or something.

Also, whe ur ever correcting ppl on things. Here are some common mistakes

~Hobbit Land- they mean Middle-earth not even the shire!!!

~Those small things that don't wear shoes ie Hobbits

~My friend always calls Aragorn Aragon and i always correct here. Aragon's a place in spain!!!

~Pointy-eared people. Elves u silyl people

~And have you noticed how many people get Sarumon and Sauron mixed up? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

omg omg omg!!! seen new poster for rotk. lots of people on it. may have 2 buy it 2 join my collections of aragorns!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

All that is gold does not glitter...
elf-girl-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 03:53 PM   #1460
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

When you nearly faint when you see the Towers EV clip...feature...things up on LotR.net. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] So kewl!

Dang! I just forgot all my other ones!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] *mutter, "school's melting my brain...", grumble...*

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-06-2003, 07:11 PM   #1461
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

When you screech like a baby Nazgul when you see the Two Towers EV clips on www.lordoftherings.net

AI ELBERETH! AI ELBERETH! AI ELBERETH!!!!!!!! Have I got the news for you!!!!!!!!! I get to be the Ranger in the tavern for my school's Renaissance Festival next Friday!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've even got a slightly Renaissance-y version of Strider's costume, and my friend says I even look like a Ranger!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:37 PM   #1462
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

~when you have a folder on you desktop that you use to keep stuff that you 'need,' but rarely use, and you name it 'mathom house'
Old 11-06-2003, 09:46 PM   #1463
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Tolkien

Salix, that's funny [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Owch... a pure gold anvil? Heh heh, poor Fellowship...

Quote:
~when you have a folder on you desktop that you use to keep stuff that you 'need,' but rarely use, and you name it 'mathom house'
Heh heh, I have a box in my closet with stuff like that, and I call it my mathom box. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-When you do the "December 17th dance" in the halls at school (I was randomly kelebrating...don't ask!)

-When you...Argh! I knew I had another one... ...*thinking* ...I forget. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Oh foo.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:38 PM   #1464
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
When you do the "December 17th dance" in the halls at school (I was randomly kelebrating...don't ask!)
Oh well. I'm gonna ask anyway. What's the "December 17th dance"?

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-06-2003, 10:53 PM   #1465
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Heh heh, I have a box in my closet with stuff like that, and I call it my mathom box.
I forgot to mention this one:
~When you name your closet 'The Mathom House' Aside from my clothes hanging in there, all the stuff I have shoved everywhere is stuff I will need someday, but never really use now [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Arwen
Old 11-07-2003, 03:47 AM   #1466
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Hi! I missed you guys...almost fell into an apoplectic(sp?) shock. Anywhen...

Quote:
When people you don't know come up to you and ask you to "speak elvish." You rapidly sing the "A Elbereth Gilthoniel" song, startling them.
Namarië is also good, although quite long. Took me a few months to memorise.

Quote:
quote:
"A chapter a day drives the HP fans away."
How about 'Quoting a chapter a day'? That would certainly scare them away!
Thanks, Elennar for that good(demented, but good) idea! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Wooo! I love you, my online friends! *group hug*

*hugs back*
By the way, online friends for me is a non-existent term. Except for one or two non-online friends, you're all the friends I've got. *another group hug*

I know! I only have 3 close friends who are my own age. I seem to get along fine with people who are older than me, but when people my age see me, they tend to think "Run! Hide! Very scary person with weird hair!"
Orominuialwen, are you some sort of a long- lost sister? Seler nin!

Quote:
~When you know the shire date but not the "real" date
My cellphone's clock is on Gondorian date, BD time.

Quote:
some stupid guy yelled after her "Halloween is over, you know!"
Quote:
~When you contemplate chucking an exacto-knife at a kid in your art class because he said, "Lord of the Rings is the stupidest movie I've ever seen" and "Anyone who says Lord of the Rings is better than Star Wars should get punched in the face."
Death. Death. Death. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
Wheee! Changed my avatar! I love my new one! *huggles avatar*
Quote:
Yay, new avatar! ^ ^
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
~When you are dreadfully sad that you weren't a fan early enough to get to see FotR in theatres, and they won't be showing Trilogy Tuesday in a theatre near enough for you to go, so you feel as if you've missed something really, really good. Which of course I did.
Me, too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
My room's full of mathom...partly the reason why it looks like Mordor.

OK...
~When you mope around, because it's your freaking sembreak. So you decide to drown your sorrows by finishing the books again(4th time this year...I think)
~You commemorate the day you first finished LotR.(Yay! January 13 is approaching!)

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
->banakil on mumakil
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:50 AM   #1467
Leighann

Sting

Hate to say that i did not read most of the post so I am sorry if i repeat anything

~ you know your obsessed when...
* you know all the lines in the movie

* you give your friends elvish names without their consent, then they just sorta stare at you until you call them by their real name...::true story::

* when you get an out of uniform day and you realize you have no LOTR shirts, so while watching the movies you run, get a white shirt, and a permanent marker, and write "Frodo Lives" all over it :: ^.^ ::

* when you crack funny LOTR jokes like
" four hobbits walk into a bar..." and no one gets what your talking about
Old 11-07-2003, 11:38 AM   #1468
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
My friend always calls Aragorn Aragon and i always correct her. Aragon's a place in spain!!!
Oh, I swear there isn't much difference between them...unless you're a person who has a really strong 'r'....

Quote:
Elentari, a freshman (stupid and fat or nice) is a first-year in American high schools and/or universities (though I was referring to high school). Sophomore is second year, junior third year, and senior fourth year. Hope that answers your question.
Ahh, thank you!!!

Quote:
And have you noticed how many people get Sarumon and Sauron mixed up?
Yup, someone did that yesterday...but she was trying to get it right, so we were very tolerant... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And I can't think of any additions...darn it!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:58 AM   #1469
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

You annoy the people at the theater when you go to see Matrix III, by quoting the character's lines along with the characters in the RotK trailer that shows before the movie.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:13 PM   #1470
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Good one, Finwe!

When you plan to camp out in front of Best Buy in order to get the RotK soundtrack the second it comes in. *bwahaha, I have my tent and sleeping bag ready...*

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-07-2003, 03:06 PM   #1471
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

you go to see matrix revolutions for teh trailer and you:

1. lie there watching it in a trance because it is SO amazing.
2. almost die when aragorn comes o ne screen (i'm going through a 'i'm completely in love with aragorn' thing)
3. plan what you are going to say if anyone laughs at it WHILE watching the trailer (now that's mulit- tasking [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 11-07-2003, 03:41 PM   #1472
Maethorien
Animated Skeleton

Maethorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know you're obsessed when you say TVIF(Thank the Valar it's Friday!) instead of TGIF.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:50 PM   #1473
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Heehee! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I just saw a car in my school's parking lot with the license number 111 RRT. So kewl!

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-07-2003, 06:38 PM   #1474
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

~ When you paint your fingernails to say 'Frodo Lives' and are sad because you don't have enough fingers for an exclamation mark.

~ When you also paint your toenails to match, even though no one will ever see them, because it is winter.

~ When this is the first time you have painted your fingernails or toenails for three years, but you decided RotK is a special occasion.

Why does Crazy Captions get a new thread when it is only 14 pages long, yet this one is 18 pages long? I am confused about this.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:03 PM   #1475
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

When you screech like a baby Nazgul when you see a car go by your school bus that says "Bilbo" on it. (I wanted to stick my head out of the window and yell, "Bilbo Baggins!" and pray that a little man wearing a gold ring sticks his hand out and waves. Oh wait, he'd be invisible then. Never mind!)
Old 11-07-2003, 09:45 PM   #1476
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Hi everyone! I'm new here-this is my first post in a forum EVER. Yay me!

Anyway, here goes!

When you like your middle name better than your first because it sounds more "Elvish". My middle name's Elizabeth. I also like it because in the movie Elizabeth, Cate Blanchett plays Elizabeth, and she's Galadriel! That mean's 'm connected to LOTR!!!

When you listen to your brother play video games, and you hear "have a taste of dwarven magic" you immediatly think of Gimli. Then, later, you hear your brother ask your cousin, "Should I be Fatty?" and nearly crack up.

When your mom thinks you need a therapist because all you talk about has something to do w/ LOTR. My mom thinks I need a therapist, even though my dad was also obsessed w/ LOTR when he was my age. And he actually had a friend who liked it too.

When the only reason you go to church for a few weeks is because you're watching FOTR in youth forum (and in January we get to watch TTT! Yay!)

When nobody at school talks to you because they don't like 2-hour lectures on why TTT was an awful movie (from my viewpoint, although I'm adjusting to the horrendous changes. I can't have the normal DVD because I want the EV and my mom will only let me buy one. That's the only reason why I don't have the EV FOTR.)

I seriously have scared quite a few people w/ LOTR. But my history teacher saw me reading An Atlas of Middle-Earth and told me that he thought that all this, well I don't know any other way to describe it, hysteria was based on LOTR. I spent the better part of 15 min. talking to him about Tolkien.

When you have already decided the names of your future pets-and all of them are LOTR or The Hobbit based (I'm naming all of my future dogs after Thorin & Co.!)

Well, that's my bit. Now I have people to talk to about my greatest joy in life ( other than my dachshunds)!
Old 11-07-2003, 10:08 PM   #1477
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Welcome to the Barrow Downs and I hope you enjoy being dead!!!!

You pray to Eru and Elbereth that you have extremely easy midterm exams on Dec. 18th so you can go see RotK on Dec. 17th with your 8-year-old younger brother who's getting pretty obsessed with LotR (Yes, I corrupted him! I also corrupted the 2-year-old in the house, and the other day, he said something like "Ah-gon" and pointed to my Aragorn cut-out. I squealed!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])
Old 11-07-2003, 10:14 PM   #1478
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

1420!

Quote:
Oh well. I'm gonna ask anyway. What's the "December 17th dance"?
Heh heh...I was in a state of ecstasy because someone asked me when RotK is coming out, so I started dancing. ...Randomly... I just hopped around waving my arms and grinning like an idiot. The December 17th dance is anything that expresses your anticipation for RotK [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
You annoy the people at the theater when you go to see Matrix III, by quoting the character's lines along with the characters in the RotK trailer that shows before the movie.
Hee hee...I'm going to go see it this Sunday, so I can assure you I'll scare some people [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you plan to camp out in front of Best Buy in order to get the RotK soundtrack the second it comes in.
Me too! I can't wait! *twitch twitch*

Quote:
~ When you paint your fingernails to say 'Frodo Lives' and are sad because you don't have enough fingers for an exclamation mark.
You don't? *counts fingers* Uh oh...Looks like something grew overnight... Must just be me... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Why does Crazy Captions get a new thread when it is only 14 pages long, yet this one is 18 pages long? I am confused about this.
Now there's a good question... I was just wondering that myself. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Quote:
Well, that's my bit. Now I have people to talk to about my greatest joy in life ( other than my dachshunds)!
*squee* I love dachshunds! I don't have one, though... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

-When the proudest moment of your day is when someone asks you who they look like from LotR so they can dress up for the movie

-When you make Smaug shadow puppets in your school's parking lot. (Guilty? Me? Nahhh...)
Old 11-08-2003, 02:33 AM   #1479
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
When you have already decided the names of your future pets-and all of them are LOTR or The Hobbit based (I'm naming all of my future dogs after Thorin & Co.!)
~When you name all your future children after LotR characters.
~When you give your mom long history lessons about all the swords in LotR.
~When you go out to eat, go to the mall, and go to Wal-mart in your pretty grey Elven cloak and have fun watching everybody give you weird looks.
~When you tell your mom that said cloak is an Elven cloak, and it hides you from the sight of others.
~When you tell your mom that you're an Elf

[ November 08, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen1858 ]
Old 11-08-2003, 05:03 AM   #1480
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When once you found a racehorse called Elvstroem, you search high and low for any other horses with LOTR bassed names... I found a horse called Arwon! that brings my tally to 2!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote