The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #81
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"The King's grace is greater than you know"
Old 03-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #82
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Silmaril

Maeglin
~|And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water, Grey ships pass, Into the West. |~ "Few now remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless."
xMellrynxMaidenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #83
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

yup!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #84
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Silmaril

"Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here forever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and from me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"
~|And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water, Grey ships pass, Into the West. |~ "Few now remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless."
Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #85
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Tuor, to Turgon, at the Nirnaeth.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #86
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

Silmaril

Not Tuor, but Huor.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #87
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMellrynxMaidenx View Post
Not Tuor, but Huor.
My bad! Why do I always mix these two up?

"Farewell sweet earth and northern sky"
Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #88
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

Silmaril

Er.

Beren? I know from where the quote comes from, just can't remember if he said it or not, lol.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #89
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Yes, it's Beren. The quote is from the song that he made for Luthien, just before she came 'dressed' in Thuringwethil's shape...
Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #90
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

Silmaril

"Go your way therefore! Bring to me in your hand a Silmaril from Morgoth's crown; and then, if she will, Lúthien may set her hand in yours."

Too easy, I know.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #91
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thingol, to Beren, when the latter came to ask for Luthien.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #92
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

Silmaril

I don't think you need me to say, "Correct."
Old 03-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #93
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMellrynxMaidenx View Post
I don't think you need me to say, "Correct."
It's just politeness. You know. Another fairly-easy one:

"If you fail her, it shall not fail to find you."
Old 03-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #94
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

Silmaril

Gwindor!

T'was his last words spoken to Turin at the Battle of Tumhalad; he was speaking of Finduilas.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #95
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thumbs up

You got it!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #96
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

Silmaril

"What is that to me? Of Fëanor I have heard but report, which makes him great indeed. Of his sons I hear little to my pleasure; yet they are likely to prove the deadliest foes of our foe."
Old 03-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #97
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thingol...?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #98
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

Silmaril

Correct. I wanted to pull out a random quote from the text instead of a well known quote normally used. You still ended up getting it right! :P
Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #99
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I sort of guessed. The quote just sounded familiar.

We seem to be playing by ourselves, MM!

Let's try for another random quote...

"A king or the lord of a great host has many needs."
Old 08-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #100
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

What happened to this thread? How come it died down?

The whole Quotes section is kinda down lately. Dunno.

Let's revive it!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #101
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting Here's one

"You are not the Lord of Men, and shall not be, though all Arda and Menel fall in your dominion. Beyond the Circles of the World you shall not pursue those who refuse you."
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #102
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Yay!!! Quotes to guess!

That would be Hurin talking to Morgoth, if I remember correctly.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #103
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up Correct!

You're quite right!
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #104
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thank you!

"A king or the lord of a great host has many needs."
Old 08-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #105
KingElessar
Newly Deceased

KingElessar has just left Hobbiton.
Beleg to Turin?
KingElessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:17 AM   #106
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingElessar View Post
Beleg to Turin?
Correct! Your turn!

And wecome to the Downs!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #107
KingElessar
Newly Deceased

KingElessar has just left Hobbiton.
'Take now the Dragonhead of the North,and when the time comes wear it well.'
KingElessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #108
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingElessar View Post
'Take now the Dragonhead of the North,and when the time comes wear it well.'
Thingol to Turin, about the Helm of Dor-lomin, when Morwen sent it to Doriath.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #109
Mumriken
Banned

Mumriken is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
You're crazy, what about this one.
"He has bethought him of bitter cold immoderate, and yet has not destroyed the beauty of thy fountains, nor of thy clear pools."
Mumriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #110
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

That's Eru talking to Ulmo about Melkor in the early Silmarillion chapters (either Ainulindale or Valaquenta or something nearby).

I'm glad this thread is alive again!