The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2004, 06:47 AM   #41
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

"t" (for two, and two for t...), please
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:12 AM   #42
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
"Ta--/--ss/,-is---/----!/----/----/-in---/-is--s!/---/---/-n-/----n/----s---/-it-/t--/--n-s/--/-is--s!"
T's and S's added!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:14 AM   #43
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
d
Old 08-09-2004, 01:15 AM   #44
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
"Ta--/--ss/,-is---/----!/----/----/-ind--/-is--s!/---/---/-nd/----n/----s---/-it-/t--/--n-s/--/-is--s!"
...and D's!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:16 AM   #45
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Dark-Eye

a
Old 08-09-2004, 01:32 AM   #46
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A's have already been asked, Morsul, and are added too...
Old 08-09-2004, 01:56 AM   #47
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Stares at screen...I see ono A's...-nd thought it was and .....so e to make end

E
Old 08-09-2004, 02:24 AM   #48
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
R, please
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 08-09-2004, 02:30 AM   #49
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

Quote:
"Ta--/-ess/,-is-er/---e!/-ee-/---r/-ind--/-is-es!/---/---/-nd/-reen/---rse--/-it-/t-e/--nes/--/-is-es!"
R's and E's added.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:39 AM   #50
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

L, please
Old 08-09-2004, 02:41 AM   #51
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Tal-/less/,-is-er/-l-e!/-ee-/---r/-indl-/-is-es!/-l-/---/-nd/-reen/---rsel-/-it-/t-e/--nes/--/-is-es!"
Here you go! L's added.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:41 AM   #52
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah, I found it! I thought it looked like poetry lines, and after discovering that the "Think less, and talk less of ghosts" line from Beorhtnoth didn't fit, I tried the Tom Bombadil poems. It's Tom, speaking to the King's fisher:
Quote:
Talk less, Fisher Blue! Keep your kindly wishes!
Fly off and preen yourself with the bones of fishes!
Old 08-09-2004, 03:55 AM   #53
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Very good! Take it away, Estelyn!
Old 08-09-2004, 04:05 AM   #54
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril New quote

- - - / - - - - ' - / - - - / - - - - - / - - - - - - - - - , / - / - - - ' - / - - - - / - - - / - - / - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - / - - - / - - / - - - .
Old 08-09-2004, 05:40 AM   #55
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

How about some "t"s?
Old 08-09-2004, 06:30 AM   #56
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T - - / - - - - ' - / - - t / - - - t - / - - - - - t - - - , / - / - - - ' t / - - - - / - - - / - - / - - - / t - - - - - - / - - - - t / - - - / - t / - - -.

T's for Tuor, and Tuor's for T's...
Old 08-09-2004, 08:11 AM   #57
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

T is also for THE

so H please
Old 08-09-2004, 08:37 AM   #58
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T h - / - - - - ' - / - - t / - - - t h / - - - - - t - - - , / - / - - - ' t / - - - - / - h - / - - / - - - / t - - - - - - / - - - - t / h - - / - t / - - -.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:51 AM   #59
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

e
Old 08-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #60
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T h e / - - - e ' - / - - t / - - - t h / - e - e - t - - - , / - / - - - ' t / - - - - / - h - / - e / - - e / t - - - - - - / - - - - t / h - - / - t / - - -.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:57 AM   #61
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thankk you and if you would be kind enough I trully enjoy As
Old 08-09-2004, 10:10 AM   #62
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Shield

'r's?
Old 08-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #63
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T h e / - a - e ' - / - - t / - - r t h / r e - e a t - - - , / - / - - - ' t / - - - - / - h - / - e / a r e / t a - - - - - / a - - - t / h - - / a t / a - -.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:45 PM   #64
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"n"s?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:13 PM   #65
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T h e / n a - e ' - / n - t / - - r t h / r e - e a t - n - , / - / - - n ' t / - n - - / - h - / - e / a r e / t a - - - n - / a - - - t / h - - / a t / a - -.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:22 PM   #66
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Is anyone still interested in carrying on here? If so, it would be well to do so within the next 2 - 3 days, since I will be away for awhile after that and not available to give the right answer.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:47 AM   #67
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

How about an "s"?
Old 08-13-2004, 09:22 AM   #68
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Sss, yesss, preciousss (but we only has one...)

T h e / n a - e ' s / n - t / - - r t h / r e - e a t - n - , / - / - - n ' t / - n - - / - h - / - e / a r e / t a - - - n - / a - - - t / h - - / a t / a - -.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:19 PM   #69
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well then, how about a "g" for Gollum?
Old 08-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #70
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T h e / n a - e ' s / n - t / - - r t h / r e - e a t - n g , / - / - - n ' t / - n - - / - h - / - e / a r e / t a - - - n g / a - - - t / h - - / a t / a - -.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:59 PM   #71
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

M's please!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:16 PM   #72
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"o"s, please.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:35 PM   #73
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

mo' M's and O's...

T h e / n a m e ' s / n o t / - o r t h / r e - e a t - n g , / - / - o n ' t / - n o - / - h - / - e / a r e / t a - - - n g / a - o - t / h - m / a t / a - -.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:38 PM   #74
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

k
Old 08-25-2004, 03:41 PM   #75
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T h e / n a m e ' s / n o t / - o r t h / r e - e a t - n g , / - / - o n ' t / k n o - / - h - / - e / a r e / t a - k - n g / a - o - t / h - m / a t / a - -.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:45 PM   #76
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

w
Old 08-26-2004, 02:07 AM   #77
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T h e / n a m e ' s / n o t / w o r t h / r e - e a t - n g , / - / - o n ' t / k n o w / w h - / w e / a r e / t a - k - n g / a - o - t / h - m / a t / a - -.

Has no one recognized the source of this one yet? A few more letters, and it's complete! But the answer is not the quote, it's who said it...
Old 09-02-2004, 08:34 AM   #78
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

Quote:
"The name's not worthed repeating, I don't know why we are talking about him at all."
From Leaf by Niggle, this is Tompkins talking to Perkins and Atkins, about Niggle.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:27 AM   #79
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Bingo, Mariska - take it away!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:55 AM   #80
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks!

Quote:
"---/-----/------/--/-----! ----'--/----/---/-----/---/-----/----/----/----/---/-----."
Good luck!