Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2004, 05:13 AM   #761
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Hilde 1. With the battle going awry, Naiore abandons her allies whom she detests. She flees as best she can and hides somewere in the vacinity of Imladris, waiting for Vanwe's return.

2. When Vanwe fails to return, Naiore will take flight into the mountains.

Quote:
On that lonely outpost a dark sentinel stood, slender and clad in black mail, her two curved scimitars flashing red and her hair golden in the sun. She stood for a moment, silent and regal, coldly observing the bloodshed below before quickly vanishing again under the cover of the woods.
Fantastic, I believe you captured her character just beautifully! Just one thing is it not still night?

Ealasaide Amandur and Fintar are heading your way, Amandur does not realise the elf encircled rider is Dulrain, but when he does he will demand to know what happened, this is were I see him taking charge, He will be given charge of the handful of elves that encircle Dulrain, one of which he will send ahead, to advise the healers that they have incoming wounded, then with the others he will lead them to the safety of Imladris, he will be determined not to loss another of his kin this day.

At this point most of the orcs are retreating, but there will still be a few to content with.

What about Kaldir how will the appearance of Naiore have affected him? Amandur has seen her but has realised that in his current condition he would only be running to his death if he pursued her, so he has taken the counsell of his elven friend and let her go for the moment.

If Kaldir was to be physically affected by Naiores presence then the elves could also counsell him that some healing could be found in Rivendell?

Real life commitments have been keeping me pretty busy of late, but I now have a few days off work, so hopefully I can find some time to catch up, thanks for being so patient.

Old 02-26-2004, 05:51 AM   #762
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Good heavens! I have been writing as though day has dawned for a few posts now. I will have to look back to see where that idea come from, though at the moment I have to get myself off to work! Does it mess things up terribly for you?
Old 02-26-2004, 08:40 AM   #763
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Thanks, Nerindel - sounds great! I will try to get a quick post up for Kaldir today that shows his state of mind with Naiore so near. Hopefully that will give you something to work off of.

Yes, Naiore's presence is affecting him badly. It's hard to describe here in so many words, but I will try to show it in my post. Thanks for your patience, too!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #764
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Well after a cursory look see, the time change must have come from me (Rauthain 2-11). I do remember pondering whether it was still night but unfortunately don't remember why I went for day, other than the distances traveled etc., (and it is so darn hard to see at night ).

Nerindel - Please let me know if a revision is needed, though I sincerely hope not, as it will throw me for a real loop if I try to revise it altogether correctly. Too much looking and seeing going on for night.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:39 PM   #765
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Narya

Yeah, I thought it was day... ooopise daisy. I dont actually think I have referred to the time of day lately, but I will check and change, there shouldnt be any problem with that.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-26-2004, 06:59 PM   #766
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Don't worry about it hilde I'm sure it will work it's self out.

I tried to write a singular post for lespheria covering both Vanwe and Menecin but it didn't work out, so I have put up a post for Vanwe, it is pasted to lespheria's post dated 01-21-2004 02:03 AM and I should have a post up for Menecin sometime tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:45 PM   #767
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thumbs up

Much obliged Miss Nerindel, thank you! I will look for the new post. (Edit: And a very nice one it was too! Felt very true to character!)

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 03-01-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:09 AM   #768
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Hi, everyone!
Sorry I never placed that post I was talking about last week... lots of personal problems this week tha left me unable to write. Hopefully I can get to it now. Thanks for your patience!
Old 03-01-2004, 06:20 PM   #769
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Quote:
...he watched Lespheria help Vanwe to her feet, the concern etched on her face and the care with which she helped, for an instant he thought he was looking on Naiore and Valindon, before..... he stopped suddenly in his thoughts as the young elf lifted her head and he found himself looking back into his own eyes. Clear and deep yet filled with so much pain and confusion, that it pulled at his fragile heart and the urge to hold her and tell her that it would be all right grew within him...
Again, very nice, how you are tying in the earlier posts Nerindel. Bravo.

Actually Ealasaide, it has been nice to have a bit of a breather! I still am amazed how everyone can be writing for multiple stories. It does not seem easy to keep on top things!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:22 AM   #770
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Holy Dooley! Kaldir! Run away! Run Away!

I do not envy his position at the moment. Oh and im going to make a decent man out of Avanill methinks. Meanign he is going to join he allies and do somethign right for once in his life. How's that sound?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-03-2004, 03:36 PM   #771
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sounds good to me! I'll be looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

Also...just to clarify... most of my last post is flashback. Kaldir's been wounded by the orc and collapsed on the battlefield, but the rest involving Naiore is all stuff that happened to him back in Mordor.

Last edited by Ealasaide; 03-03-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:59 PM   #772
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Without giving thought to herself or her charges, the hobbit left the pack pony and the safety of the procession to Imladris, rushing headlong into the fray. Dodging this way and that to avoid the sparring enemies, she reached her former captor’s side, just as an orc raised his blade to finish him off, as if some wounded animal were left on the field. Enraged, Gilly ran thrusting the point of Dúlrain’s sword between the lacings of the creature’s leather armor, shouting, “His life is his own, and neither you nor your mistress will have it of him!”
Stout-hearted little mistress! Well done!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #773
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thanks Pio. We aims to please!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:20 AM   #774
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thanks for the rescue, Hilde! We be much obliged!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #775
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Any time Ealasaide! Now I'm curious if Avanill will notice Rauthain is a bit preoccupied, and what come of it. Subtle hint, eh?
Old 03-09-2004, 02:36 PM   #776
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

... Sure, *subtle agreement*... IM in the process of a post, not to worry, it will be up soon.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-09-2004, 03:58 PM   #777
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

No problem Everdawn...just got my interest piqued with the possibility of Avanill's change of heart. Ah the suspense of it!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:17 PM   #778
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Ah Nerindel! That was marvelous! I couldn't help but laugh when Toby saw Rauthain. Had been considering how that reunion might go myself.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:35 AM   #779
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Hey, I know we agreed not to use saves... but exceptions can be made! I'll do my best to fill it quickly.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:19 PM   #780
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I'll be gone until late next week. Can everyone who does a post please put the name of their character in bold at the top of each of their posts.

Please don't use the "Post Subject" space for your character's name - put it between the "b" and "/b" (each inside the [ ]'s of course) instead - makes one less thing I have to do as I'm editing.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 03-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #781
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

Ok, sorry I have not replyed this week, exams... hectic, physio- horrible..., anyway.

I will have a post for both Avanill and Barorld up by this afternoon.

---Does this mean that Toby has seen Avanill?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-12-2004, 07:08 PM   #782
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Pio? I was wondering if any of the material from The Green Dragon will be included in your editing? It might be nice to have a few of the more important sequences between Lespheria, Vanwe, Benia, Hanasian(Silvanis) & Kaldir in there. They contribute so much to the background feeling at the onset.

Everdawn - From my prospective it would seem that Toby hasn't caught sight of Avanill ...yet! Please correct me if I am mistaken Nerindel.

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 03-12-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:32 PM   #783
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

My editing isn't going to be that extensive (each page on the Barrow Downs runs 40 posts - so it's a lot to go over) - I will mainly be posting directly from the game with the posts labeled by character and spruced up for spelling, punctuation . . . little things like that.

That game does start with the 'Prologue' - If any of you want to pull out posts from the old Inn thread and go through them so they fit in, I'd be happy to put them in.

You can post them here if you do decide you want to do that.

As I said I will be gone for most of this coming week - so I won't start anything up on the Fan Fic site until next weekend at the earliest.

~*~ Pio
Old 03-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #784
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Have fun Pio!

Quote:
Everdawn - From my prospective it would seem that Toby hasn't caught sight of Avanill ...yet! Please correct me if I am mistaken Nerindel.
--When he does poor Toby is going to think he is going mad. hmmm, V. interesting.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-12-2004, 09:15 PM   #785
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Yes, that would be a lot to go over! What are your view's on pulling stuff off the Green Dragon thread for a prologue Ealasaide & Nerindel? Does it seem worth while? Or perhaps too overwhelming?

Quote:
Have fun Pio!
I second that!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:10 AM   #786
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Pulling stuff from the Dragon would be a massive undertaking which would involve some pretty serious editing. I'm feeling divided on the subject mostly because I think Hilde has an excellent point in that the early posts do set the stage for the coming action. On the other hand, there is also a lot of meandering around that goes on in the early posts that has everything to do with the Green Dragon and very little to do with our storyline.

I recently printed hard copies of the Green Dragon posts that lead into LD & the stack of paper looks like a phone directory for a fairly good-sized city. I also re-read most of it & found that while there is a lot of important material in those posts, there is an almost equal amount that is completely irrelevent.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:17 AM   #787
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Yes, I been going through quite a bit this morning and agree that unfortunately, it is not practical.

Ah well, so much for wishful thinking!

What does need to be addressed however is how we are to deal with the character of Naiore. It seems important that we at least have a few key posts scattered through the rest of the story that help explain her view of events and her change of direction. Is that agreed? Does anyone have suggestions?

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 03-13-2004 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:39 AM   #788
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Yes I agree, Most of Léspheria's posts are equally filled with irrelevent information, and it would be a laborious task to try and piece together the relevent information.

I have just put up a post for Naiore, I hope I have captured her in the correct light. Also I am going to have to ask if anyone is willing to help out with Elora's complex Characters, It is proving increasingly difficult to find time to write for her characters as well as my own.

Quote:
--When he does poor Toby is going to think he is going mad. hmmm, V. interesting.
Or filled with terrified suspicion!
Old 03-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #789
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Yes, I had thought you were a bit overloaded, Nerindel. Hilde has expressed an interest in helping out with Elora's characters. I am willing to give it a shot as well. Should we re-assign them amongst the four of us? (Everdawn has already got Barrold.) Or shall we just carry them as NCE's and just throw in posts where they are needed.

Any thoughts or preferences? I am inclined to re-assign them, with each of us taking charge of one, i.e. Hilde takes Naiore; Everdawn continues with Barrold; I take over Vanwe; and Nerindel handles Menecin. Or something along those lines.

Does that work for everyone?

My only reasoning for having Hilde handle Naiore rather than Nerindel is so that we can maintain an "adversarial" relationship between Amandur/Lespheria and Naiore through to the end of the story. It's kind of difficult when you are stuck writing a life & death struggle against yourself.

BTW... that's a great Naiore post Nerindel! Very much as Elora might have handled it.

Last edited by Ealasaide; 03-14-2004 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:46 PM   #790
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Ealasaide - After reading Nerindel post this morning I had PM'd her about my taking up Menecin, rather than Naiore, but I am game for whatever. I did express that I do not think I could pull off Vanwe though.

I agree to reassigning the characters, as the feel of them might wind up distractingly uneven as NCE's especially with me in the mix!
Old 03-14-2004, 01:00 PM   #791
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Nerindel - then I guess that leaves the final decision up to you! If you are game, then we will re-assign Elora's characters:

I will take Vanwe. Everdawn will continue with Barrold. I will leave it up to you and Hilde to decide who takes Naiore and who takes Menecin. While your post for Naiore was superb, I still think that it would be more challenging and interesting for you (& your characters!) if someone other than yourself were handling Naiore for the final stages of the story.

BUT...that's just my opinion. I will go along with whatever you and Hilde decide between the two of you. I feel that either one of you would do an excellent job with either character.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:58 PM   #792
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
(Everdawn has already got Barrold.)
Yes, and im still deciding what I shall do with him .

Oh yes, nice post Nerindel, I actually felt scared for Avanill.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-14-2004, 02:59 PM   #793
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

I've finally posted with Kaldir, placing my post at the end of thread, where it belongs & deleted my "save" (unneeded.) Sorry for the delay!
Old 03-14-2004, 03:04 PM   #794
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

no worries.

EDIT: You dont mind if I have Toby seeing Avanill do you, in my nest post?

~My lord, Éomer~

Last edited by Everdawn; 03-14-2004 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:04 PM   #795
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

It is OK by me. I won't probably get a chance to start writing again until tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:21 PM   #796
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

oh, yikes! I thought that Toby had already seen Avanill. In my post, I mentioned in passing that Avanill had engaged Toby in "a brief conversation."

Do I need to do an edit? Please let me know if I need to change that. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2004, 08:39 PM   #797
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Thanks everyone!

Ealasaide If you don't mind I would prefer to handle Vanwe. she will feature in much of Lespheria's upcoming post's as their friendship develops and she shows Vanwe her potential.

As I have told Hilde in pm, I have had problems writing the part of Menecin, I'm not to good at putting into words the whole unstable mind part of this characters personality. But I also agree that it would be better if someone else wrote Naiores character.

Perhaps Hilde could take Menecin and you could take Naiore?

Quote:
You dont mind if I have Toby seeing Avanill do you, in my nest post?
Not at all Everdawn.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:34 AM   #798
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
oh, yikes! I thought that Toby had already seen Avanill. In my post, I mentioned in passing that Avanill had engaged Toby in "a brief conversation."
Nope thats cool, I can work with that!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-15-2004, 05:06 AM   #799
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Ball's back in your court Ealasaide! I'm hoping you pick Naiore though I know you'd do a great Menecin.

If I end up with the lady herself, I request that you all try to help me stay on track. At this point I have little understanding of why she is concerned "Menecin is using Vanwe", and also tend to see her heading toward Gladden Fields en route to the east, where she could gather strength or hide. I know that she is supposed to feel "dangerously bleak" which I read as desperate but I suspect Elora might have been eluding to a crisis of sorts. Or was she heading for Lothlorien? I do not remember the significance other than Gladden Fields was some sort of beginning and end. Was this discussed in the planning thread? Or a discussion thread?

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 03-15-2004 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:39 AM   #800
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sure, I can take Naiore. The only reason I had chosen Vanwe for myself is that she seemed to me to be the most logical choice. At the time I came to that conclusion, you & Hilde seemed to be covering Naiore pretty well. As for Menecin... I am already writing one guy whose oars don't always reach all the way into the water (Kaldir). If I started with another, I was worried that the two of them might start sounding too much alike. We can't have that!

So... here's what we will do:
Ealasaide - Naiore
Nerindel - Vanwe
Hilde - Menecin
Everdawn - Barrold

If we are all in agreement... let's carry on!

(Nerindel - could you please PM me any material you have from Elora about her plans for Naiore. I have a feeling I am going to need it!)

Last edited by Ealasaide; 03-15-2004 at 06:46 AM.